• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Leisure w/ Time, Rigorous w/ Quality Role-play Wanted

Wrathka

The Paper Ghost
Morning/Afternoon/Evening all!

I'm a full time college student (English Major - Creative Writing) looking to pick up one more really compatible partner so I have at least one RP I can respond to every 1-2 days. As it stands I have two wonderful writers with me (hopefully) for the long haul, but we're all varying degrees of busy and I've found myself with some extra time over the course of the week where I'm bored without something to respond to (particularly with summer break coming up). This doesn't mean I'll be available to respond every day and sometimes longer, though. It all depends on who responds to me first, and my coursework/real life take priority.

What You Can Expect From Me

• First and foremost, don't let the major fool you. I like to think I know what I'm doing but I guarantee that I will use more commas than is appropriate and think I can use semicolons where semicolons probably have no business being. SO BE NOT AFRAID, I'm only adv. lit until proven otherwise. I'm inclined to treat these sorts of things with all the forgiveness and mercy of a first draft; thinly concealed disdain, and bizarre parental affection long after they've been sent out into the world and I realize I've tragically used the wrong "your/you're" in a sentence.
  • That's not to say that I don't take my writing seriously, because, I do. The thing is if I weren't more laid back, you'd get a response once a millennia from either a prison or an asylum when I lost it, snapped, and took somebody out in real life. Nobody wants that. Nobody. For where I lack in grammar and syntax, I make up for in plot and characters though. I spend an inordinate time crafting these elements in an RP and while I don't expect identical obsession enthusiasm if I a) can't tell you're as invested as me or b) the length/quality of your writing doesn't compete with mine, I'm not going to waste your time with half-hearted responses that eventually peter out until they cease entirely and I subtly attempt to vanish from the face of the Earth instead of confront you--I'm sorry.
  • I'm incredibly ditch friendly! If you disappear, no questions asked, no pressure to respond applied. I'd prefer you and I parted mysteriously than kept trying to limp through when one of us has very clearly lost interest. I won't take it personally at all and wish you luck in future endeavors.
  • I cannot however, be held accountable for my actions if you attempt to control my character, or if your character has no flaws/fixes everything at the drop of a hat. I thrive off of angst and conflict, interspersed with bouts of fluff and humor. Take that away, or make me suffer through being a puppet for your own means and character and this is not going to work.
  • Furthermore, I'm not going to do everything myself. I operate under the assumption that given my life choices I may have more experience with crafting setting/plot/characters, but if you're not bringing anything to the table I might as well just be role-playing with myself - only a hop skip and a jump away from writing a book, and that's not what this is about.
  • I don't do face claims. I can't. Half because it would take forever and a half for me to find a picture of a character that I'm almost satisfied with and half because using actual people's faces low key disturbs me? We can do bios though!

What I'm Particular Game For
  • Yokai/Akayashi/Mononoke / Japanese Lore
  • Any Non Hellenistic/Greek/Roman lore - I do so love branching out to other cultures (but that's not a hard rule)
  • Space, aliens, high fantasy science fiction ( I really like combining magic and technology/ fantasy creatures and artificial intelligence.)
  • Historical settings / Futuristic Settings
  • Modern settings with some kind of twist
  • Common supernaturals (werewolves/vampires/etc) with some kind of twist
  • Seriously, taking things and making them our own some way is fantastic
  • Post-Apocalyptic/Apocalyptic (Bonus points if it's got some unexpected - you guessed it - twist to it, especially if it's a zombie apocalypse. I like Walking Dead/Last of Us as much as the next person but let's shake it up.)
  • Cultural differences (misunderstandings, viewing things differently and learning about each other, i.e someone from a culture where they wear their emotions on their sleeve seeing someone from a culture who is taught from a young age that being emotional is impolite as heartless, robotic, and then having to overcome that misconception due to circumstances.)
  • Platonic relationships (I'm a hopeless romantic, but having parent child/sibling/best friend relationships and doubling up or having supporting romantic relationships would be neat.)
  • Any genders/sexual orientations
  • Soulmates (not love at first sight though)
  • Dragons (no commentary necessary dragons are perfect all on their own)
  • Forced together by circumstances
  • Enemies to friends to lovers
  • Bad guys turned good / righting wrongs / trying to change and deal with the prejudices they earned - redemption arcs
  • Found family is my jam
  • Virtual Reality MMORPG
  • OR WHATEVER YOU MIGHT BE CRAVING, SHOOT. I MIGHT BE GAME TO HASH SOMETHING OUT ON THE SPOT.
What I'm Particularly Not Game For

• Canon characters! I don't play someone else's characters, ever. I don't mind if other people do it, but I myself will not.
  • Furries, Otherkin, Factkin - a) I'm not familiar enough with that area that I would be comfortable, and b) just not really tailored to my interests!
  • Incest, condoning toxic or abusive relationships, romanticizing unhealthy or destructive behaviors.
  • Seme/Uke dichotomy. Almost none of my characters will fall strictly into a submissive or dominant category unless we are talking actual BDSM and even then I tread lightly there too.
  • One liners, responses that do absolutely nothing to move the plot forward or establish something between characters.
  • I like asshole characters as much as the next person, but if they have no clear redeemable qualities I'm going to assume they're supposed to be seen as an asshole and that's how my characters are going to react to them. I, of course, expect nothing less from you if my character is being a shit.

How to Respond

1. Introduce yourself! Tell me anything you like that you think would give me a good idea of the sort of person you are, what sort of RPs you really like and what you've found successful before if you're experienced. Maybe give me an idea of how often you can respond and your time zone.
  2. What are your limits? Do you really hate horror stories? Say so! Does swearing make you uncomfortable? Then you may not find me quite the fucking delightful I think I am, and should probably reconsider getting involved! I have no filter so you have to say something so I can take note of it beforehand.
  3. Writing sample. Include one! It doesn't have to be long but I don't want to hash everything out with you and then find that the way we write is too incompatible. I like a challenge, but I don't want you to have to write down to me and vice versa. Don't be afraid to ask me for a writing sample too!
  4. And, finally, what you're interested in trying out. You don't have to come out of the gates with a fully fledged idea, but give me something to work with so we can bounce ideas around. Show me some investment and enthusiasm, and I'm much more likely to respond in kind.
  5. I prefer you send me a PM, but if you can't send PMs yet or just don't want to for some reason, I'm not going to a have a conniption if you respond to below (might just not get to it as quickly).
  6. AND even still, I may not get to you! I'm so sorry, but, as with the ditching thing, I just can't get to it. If I don't respond within 36 hours it's safe to assume I probably won't and it's got nothing to do with you so long as you read through and paid attention to what I'm looking for!!

Last edited:
Before I make an official request I have a couple questions:
1. Would a reply once every 3-4 days be ok?
I don't wanna make promises I can't keep ya know?

2. How do you feel about anime faceclaims?
I understand you don't like the idea of using someone's real photo, but anime pictures aren't real people. I understand it still takes time, but then again, you did just say you just found time on your hands, right? And since we'd only need to find pics right now it's not like it's gonna take you time in the future. Plus I wouldn't mind if you don't use a pic at all, I just like using them myself.

3. Do you roleplay in PMs or threads and what kind of length should I/Do you expect if any?

Idea Idea

1. Every 3-4 days would be alright. I'm just trying to cinch up my schedule a little bit around another RP so I have something to respond to every 1-2 days, regardless of which one of my partners its from. If the other person could crank out one well thought out reply once a week minimum we'd be golden.

2. I don't mind if the other person likes to use face claims, real or otherwise! Guess I should have mentioned that. I just don't usually because I get a very specific kind of image in my head and I'd rather just describe in narrative rather than try to pull a picture that more or less fits what I had in mind, you feel me? If it's an adamant requirement though I suppose I'm more comfortable with anime face claims than real people.

3. In order of my first choice to last choice: email, PMs, threads, discord. As long as it's one of those four, I'm flexible to whichever my partner prefers. Length wise I tend to shoot for longer responses in general, but it depends on what's going on. Action and dialogue I don't like to bog down with lots of description or inner monologue, but I can go upwards of 3-5 paragraphs to really set a scene. There's no set length requirement, but if I can see who I'm working with is trying to match my length I'll adjust to their until we're both comfortable.

hiya, my name is zuraw (you can call me zu?) and i'm and alcoholic. (excuse the lame joke, the introductions are always awkward, aren't they? well, so, i'm 20, i'm a student based in europe, not a native speaker so i'm sorry for any future or previous mistakes that i'll make/have made. i'm here because i desperately need to write (you know, exams are coming and all of that, hah) for the next week, maybe week and a half? it'd be difficult for me to reply everyday, as my major is Very Stressful and Very Demanding but i'll try my best, yeah?
you don't have to worry about the timezone, since i go to bed really late. like 2-3ish CET/UTC+1.
i think you are fucking delightful if you can apprecieate a good meaty curseword. sometimes they are needed. they usually are needed. they are needed so the rp could be realistic, right. i mean, i'm a kind of person that finds a very few things in life disturbing. you have my permission to test my limits on your own.
oh, and if you're worried about the lack of capital letters, that's the thing in the ooc chat only. my allergy to capital letters vanishes when it comes to the actual rp.
also, i currently don't have a writing sample (isn't the mass of text above a kind of writing sample?) but if you really need one, i try and found a fragment from some rps i've done a lot of time ago.
from the list of your ideas, i'd be interested in some plot involving youkai, or post-apo/apo. i'm a sucker for soulmates, the harder to find your SO the better, because life is hard, right. road trip would be awesome, too, kinda like this the End of the Fu**ing World TV Show, and enemies to non-enemies.
i mean. they're good ideas. and i know i've pointed to a lot of them like a spoiled child at a toy store, but we can decide together???
oh, and if you'd want to rp with me, i have to ask you to pm me, because i can't do that yet :<

also, i'm so happy that i found something who's against the seme/uke generalization!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back