• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Legends of Nyrvasta

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Laeretia-Balsalor-Banner.png

CHARACTER SHEET

INTERACTION dae mec dae mec
MENTION DVationz DVationz saturn x sin saturn x sin twotonedsaint twotonedsaint

Laeretia woke up as early as she could, even before the birds went chirping to welcome the sun. She prepared herself before going out to meet up with her guildmates for their routine morning brief. Munching the hard bread on her hand, Tia kept her focus on Kargras who delivered the information about Kiana's findings last night along with the team assigned for it. Tia never spoke to Kiana in person, she barely even saw her in the ceremony. But judging from Kargras' words, Kiana seemed like a decent woman who able to lead a big guild at such a young age, Maybe she was just 1 or 2 years older than Tia based on her appearance.

Another name assigned in Kiana's team was Avar and Sarai, two unfamiliar names. Well for Avar, Tia felt like she had heard his name before. Isn't he the freelancer guy in our guild? She thought to herself, but didn't bother to ask Kargras about him since she would find out anytime soon. While for Sarai, that name truly didn't ring a bell. From several new friends she made last night, Sarai wasn't one of them. Tia actually had no idea whether Sarai was female or male, the name was too neutral. She really wondered what kind of person Sarai was.

After Kargras finished his briefing, Tia quickly dashed to the meeting point. Her heart thumped in wild uncontrol pace, while nervousness overwhelmed her head as she got closer to the north entrance. Could she do well? Would she get along? Would she survive? Questions kept playing around in her head, stealing her attention, and making her not realized that she finally had arrived. There, she found a tall man, much taller than Adonis. But the most striking feature was his golden line across his unsmiling face. Tia was more than curious to throw questions about it, yet she refrained from being impolite.

"Hello," said Tia as she stood beside the man after she caught his quick nod. She tilted her head, tiptoed a little bit, trying to measure his height. She then back to her posture again, crossed her arms before speaking again, "I guess you're... Avar?" Sarai didn't fit the man well, so she took the chances to guess his name.

Avar watched with mild amusement as the newcomer craned her neck to... meet his eyes? Stare at his height? Well, something like that. Laeretia was indeed who he'd expected—vaguely familiar features, feminine in dress, but wearing armored gauntlets with the ease of a warrior. She was also a full foot shorter than him. (That wasn't too unusual. Avar had gotten his father's height, and northerners tended to be as tall as the trees, the saying went.)

"Avar Winterson," he confirmed. "You're Laeretia?" Avar added a questioning note less to confirm her identity—she certainly wasn't Sarai or Kiana—but to double-check his pronunciation. The people of Iprentis tended to have softer, longer vowels, and when Avar wasn't careful, his slight accent blurred them together. "Nice to meet you."

He stopped twirling the arrow around his fingers as he checked for their other two group members. He'd be fine waiting in silence, but... Avar glanced back at Laeretia, feeling obligated to get at least an idea of her skills. He was uncertain on whether Kiana would do a briefing about their individual abilities, and Avar did hate being unprepared.

With an internal sigh, Avar forced himself to speak. "You have a specialty?"

Ve'emet Ka Vells
Expedition Base Camp
Interacting with: Avar ( dae mec dae mec ), Kiana ( DVationz DVationz ), Sarai ( saturn x sin saturn x sin )

"One of the milder spices," Ve'emet repeated quietly to himself, as if he weren't certain whether to be curious or a tad reluctant. But--spice was spice, and he wasn't going to complain until he had the chance to try it. For all he knew, it could be the perfect flavorful backing when mixed with something different or more potent; rarely was one household's spice blend the same as another's in the Old World, and experimentation was the one and only way for its myriad regions to create such varied and flavorful palettes.

He nodded his head from side to side, as he was granted the vial, stowing it away amongst the folds of his robe as he offered a bow and word of thanks, fingers tented before him. "With any luck, you shall taste your spices in your next evening meal, ato tsuti." He briefly turned to check over the pot, having not forgotten his duty despite the conversations at hand. "Mm, I suppose I could call myself a traveler if I wished to be technical, but in truth, I have been in much the same place for quite some time now. Iprentis has very interesting cities, very different from what I am used to. Perhaps we will have the chance to speak at length about our travels some other time; I do not wish to bore people during what should be a celebration." He moved to put together another bowl of food in the meantime, holding it out to the tall man with a smile. "But, perhaps let my food speak of my home for you, in the meanwhile. Enjoy it while you rest; from what I am led to understand, we will need our strength tomorrow."

And, indeed, that tomorrow was fast approaching, darkness having long fallen over the camp.

---​

The Old Worlder sneezed lightly as he awaited the arrival of his fellows on the south end of the encampment. He hadn't actually thought he would be the first to arrive, considering he had overslept after cleaning up the cooking area and prepared himself in a rush mere moments before. There was something on this island that had started to bother his nose; some stray pollen particles, or perhaps the weather. Whatever it was, he hoped that it wouldn't stay--or that the others would arrive in short order so that they could move somewhere else. His strange, overcomplicated magical focus floated next to him all the while, its myriad rings turning and looping around each other without so much as the whisper of metals sliding past each other.

He blew into his hands, keeping them warm in the early morning chill. It was wet and cold at sunrise here, just as it was in Iprentis, but the comfortable confines of a well cared-for hearth had caused him to all but forget the full force of that particular discomfort. He had half a mind to light a fire--but there was no time for that, really. For all he knew, the others would be arriving at any moment.

The teal haired male flitted about camp with the energy of a nervous butterfly. Bouncing around camp trying to figure out which group he belonged to. New to the idea of having to assign names to faces rather than vaguely referring people to titles such as "smelly, merchant man" and "scary, round, hotel lady". Lucky for him he recalled the fellow he'd encountered the previous night Wintersun and of course the guild leader's name. Sarai glanced over the heads of the other people through the crowd looking for the snowy-haired beacon to guide his way to the area. Eyes weighted with the dust from a sleepfairy; it took him a whole half hour to realize he had been searching on the south side of camp. "Damn it all to hell" he muttered to himself, turning his body to backtrack up in the correct direction. Hopefully, no one noticed he was a traveler with a questionable sense of direction.

He was one to go where the wind called him or sometimes in areas with more unforgiving weather was forced to traverse. Sarai didn't want to recall the one time he'd been stranded in the deserts of Tzara where he almost perished into nothing but a dried-out shell for the many vile critters to feast upon. To this day he had an aversion to anything sand related or a creatures with scaly skin. To make up for his lateness he tried running only he nearly toppled over a mage in the middle of cooking a questionable concoction. It just had to be a poison brewing but the growl that echoed from the large man definitely came from his stomach, his lips hot with a sailor's curse worlds.

Sarai only then scrambled faster, toppling into people who eventually flinched away from him to avoid disaster. He could hear the chickens shrieking and hear the fluttering of their wings through the air as people rushed to contain them. The poor nomad definitely wasn't going to make friends this way. Finally, like laying eyes of the peak of a mountian, he caught sight of the taller male with the intriguing golden mark. Sarai fell in awe of it ever since last night, his eyes unable to look at Avar's face without first glancing over the marking. Perhaps it was a magic seal or maybe the remnants of a curse? He felt compelled to learn about the fellow free lancer as much as possible that day.

"Sorry for my lateness I got a little lost" Sarai said with somewhat of a slight bow of his head to show his apology was sincere. Only then did he notice the small female, eyes the color of roasted chestnuts alight with embers straight out the fire. Tiny swordswoman is what he referred to her as in his mental index. One could see Sarai's brain churning as his eyes darted back and forth trying to recall her name. Laeretia, he'd remembered because it was the same name as an old song his mother used to sing to him as a baby -- one that had been long forgotten many stars ago. He seemed to interrupt once again the middle of a conversation. "I hope I haven't delayed the entire mission. " Sarai plucked a stray, white chicken feather from his shoulder, and then another that clung to his chest. Hopefully, he could prove his worth before the camp deemed him a danger to their wellbeing. The heat of scathing glares burning into his back from the desolated areas of camp he'd wreaked havoc on.

Clipping the buttons together on his cloak, Adonis was ready to head out. He made sure he was bringing anything necessary and not everything. He unzipped the tent and placed a foot outside touching the ground, but didn't go fully through. He looked around to make sure he wasn't outdoing himself; in this case being up before anyone else, but luckily him he wasn't the first one up. He saw many mages and adventurers already forming groups and heading towards the direction of where they were needed. Seeing this, Adonis stepped out completely out of his tent and started heading out towards where he thought for sure his group was.

As he walked through the crowd of people, Adonis noticed more of what this whole group of mages brought to this expedition. Especially from the other guilds. Adonis really never had met anyone else outside his guild; other than friends and family that is, the only person to really talk outside his guild was Laeretia, although he hadn't gotten more info on her background or what she was capable of doing for that matter. "God... I need to get better at talking." He said to himself. But he sure was hoping he could meet new people within his chosen group.

Continuing walking, he noticed a fellow mage looking from side to side seeking someone and/or his group. Adonis thinking he was completely lost and needed help finding were to go, he started heading towards his direction but before he could reach the man, he pivoted to the north side and walked with meaning. Adonis guessed the man had finally understood were he needed to be and continued down his path. Soon Adonis had found himself were he needed to be, a man was already standing by the group's location. Honestly, Adonis never liked to be on a one on one, as it was obvious what had happened the other night, but he couldn't leave the man standing there all alone by himself, especially when something seemed to bother the man. Also not to mention the fact that he needed to meet his fellow peers. With this in mind, Adonis started heading towards the mage. "Morning." He greeted the man.

Interactions: _Line 213 _Line 213

Mentions: Dovinique Dovinique saturn x sin saturn x sin

• Kiana
    Kiana Portrait.jpgAs the rest of the expedition had gotten up and running Kiana had also done some extra preparation. She had taken the time to gather some extra supplies, mainly her research notes, basic medical supplies, and her trusty dagger. She placed the notes and medical supplies in her satchel while she strapped the dagger to her waist. You could never be too prepared when it came to the unknown. She took a deep breath before stepping out of her tent and making her way towards the northern gate. Her brother was most likely already arriving to his party at the south gate. Usually he'd always accompany her and their excursions would last several days, but this was a different case. A large scale expedition, especially one she was primarily in charge of, meant they had to change their dynamic. Thus, she chose to send her brother off with another group to ensure the stability of the expedition base while she focused on researching as much as she could as quickly as she could for everyone's sake.

As she approached the northern gate she noted that her three party members were already waiting to go. It wasn't necessarily unusual for Kiana to be slower to prepare, but to think she was actually the last to arrive was something odd. Perhaps it was thanks to the extra responsibilities, which reminded her that she still had to debrief the group on the specifics of their job. As she approached the group she smiled and gave a small wave. "Morning guys. You two must be Sarai and Laeretia," She glanced to each as she said their names, "and of course I remember you from last night Avar." Looking between the three of them she took a quick breath before continuing. "Alright, I'm sure you've already been informed of our goal, but allow me to go over the details myself. After some late night research I managed to uncover some faint magical readings that matched the large crystal here in camp. Along with you three I plan to find one of the two matching signals and figure out what else there is to learn about them. In addition, since we know virtually nothing about this place, we're to learn anything that can be deemed important to the expedition as a whole. That being said, any questions before we head out?"

Interacting: Laeretia Dovinique Dovinique | Avar dae mec dae mec | Sarai saturn x sin saturn x sin

Laeretia-Balsalor-Banner.png

CHARACTER SHEET

INTERACTION dae mec dae mec saturn x sin saturn x sin DVationz DVationz
MENTION None

Her guess seemed to hit the spot as the man confirmed his name. Tia smiled a bit in victory, it wasn't something to be proud of but guessing the right answer felt like winning gambling, God knew how much Tia loved gambling. When Avar continued his words, Tia sensed a foreign accent escaped his lips, vague yet able to raise her brows in curiosity. However, the girl still kept the questions pouring in her mind to herself. Maybe when they got familiar with each other more, she could ask some personal questions to satisfy her inquiring mind, especially about the golden mark.

"You have a specialty?"

Tia wasn't anticipating a question, thankfully it was just a simple obvious question, "I'm known as Snowlight in my guild because I'm specialized in holy magic. You can count on me to protect you..." she paused, regretting the words she just stated. Could she really protect anyone? Tia believed her father died because of her incapability even though no one ever said so. She once again drowned in her painful regret for seconds before continued in slightly lower voice, "I mean... I act mainly as your healer, but no worries I know one-two things with sword, so I don't really need to be watched all the time."

Not long after that, another man approached them, a pretty one she had to admit. Tia tilted her body slightly to the side, trying to see if the man was pursued by someone or something, but find none trailing his steps. She wondered what he was going through early in the morning, he looked quiet in a mess and... quill, "No, you're not late at all... Sarai?" Just like an old habit, Tia just loved taking guesses even though the answer was terribly obvious. Confirmation to her guess was like a beautiful symphony to her ears.

Before she could start another conversation, a figure could be seen coming from afar. The woman must be Kiara, her expedition leader, even more... The Moon Rose's leader. She seemed friendly and welcoming, yet it couldn't hide her leadership aura. Each word coming out from her mouth was clear and full of confidence. Tia unconsciously nodded and shook her head when Kiara asked the question. Her lips and tongue locked in nervousness. She didn't have her brothers around nor her guild members to make her feel comfortable around the strangers. Her hands clenched into a fist, trying to suppress the sweats behind her gauntlet. After the incident of her father's death, Tia lost part of her confidence which Kargras hoped she could regain by allowing her to join the expedition.

Ve'emet Ka Vells
Expedition Base Camp
Interacting with: Kail ( DVationz DVationz ), Adonis ( twotonedsaint twotonedsaint ), Minerva ( BasilOwO BasilOwO )

The mage let up on the continuous blowing of his hands as the sound of footsteps and a new voice approached, prompting the man to give a nod and deep half-bow before lowering his hands from his face. "Ah--good morning," he returned, moving to pull his oddly-lavish robes around him. While many of the others seemed to have dressed for an expedition, Ve'emet seemed very much a scholar still, his bright and decorative cloth seeming functional enough, yet still more at home within the halls of some vaulted, foreign university than out in the mud and the dirt of a new world. Perhaps he'd make for a reasonable diplomat, at the very least; his relative lack of heavy armor and visible weaponry likely led to a far less intimidating appearance. "I suppose this is the true beginning of the beginning, is it not?" he asked, making himself chuckle slightly despite the nippy air.

Their section's leader arrived shortly afterward, a fellow bearing a remarkable resemblance to one of those he had spoken to last night. Of course, the foreigner already knew who the man was in a tangential sense--his introduction merely confirmed what Vells could already gather--but the scholar himself appeared to be an unfamiliar face all the same. Pulling his dominant hand from within his cloth, he spread his fingers and brought them down along his face, touched his fingertips together and moved his hand outward as he leveled it with his stomach, then brought it back and up to his head, then down to his chest as his fingers closed into a circle. They then spread apart as he pushed his hand away again, offering a brief introduction. "I am Abstractivist Ve'emet Ka Vells, Ano'sa ma--I suppose I am a part of the Moon Rose Guild in a sense, but I am primarily here as a representative of the University of Kemekku, and the Great Grassland Colleges at large." Another approached just as he finished his introduction, and while he did not re-introduce himself (likely figuring that she had come close enough to hear most of what he had said), he did indeed offer a second show of his greeting to their last group member specifically, perhaps as a way of welcoming her into the fold. "This is due to be an interesting time for us all, I am certain."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back