• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Legends of Nyrvasta [OOC]

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

DVationz

Sleepless Gamer
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
LEGENDS OF NYRVASTA
[In Character Thread] || [Out of Character Thread] || [Characters Thread] || [NPC Thread] || [Lore Thread]
If you are interested in joining this rp please view the Characters thread as well as certain character slots may not be available at the time. All questions should be asked here in the OOC thread or privately through direct messaging. This rp will (hopefully) be a long term project so if you've missed your chance to join don't fret, there will likely be another chance in the near future. Thank you for checking out this rp!
... Welcome to the Out of Character thread! Here you can ask questions related to the rp and talk to other users within the rp. You can also find the basic rules here along with a list of currently active characters and who controls those characters. Enjoy!

Rules
I aim to keep this rp fun and interactive for all parties involved and so I've got a few basic ground rules.
1.) All standard RPNation rules apply. This should be a given.
2.) Posts should be consistent. In most cases I would like at least one paragraph of response written, you are welcome to write more, but refrain from very short or one line posts.
3.) Posts should be somewhat frequent. I understand that we all have our own life matters to attend to, but don't forget to post. I'll give you around seven days of silence before poking at you to make a post. If life matters come up that would prevent you from posting all I ask is that you inform me so I don't assume you've simply ghosted. I'll will absolutely give you more time if you need it.
4.) Although there is no explicit limit, please keep in mind the capabilities of your characters. If your character uses a lot of magic, they're going to get tired quickly. There will be situations in which you end up in a fight with something and get hurt. Make sure your character is believable when you write your posts.
5.) More rules will be added when/if needed.
Character Sheet Skeletons

• Name:
    Title:
    Nickname:
    Affiliation: (Are you part of a guild? Are you a freelancer?)
    Weight:
    Hair Color:
    Eye Color:
    Magic Focus:

Physical Description:

Skills/Talents: (These are not your magical abilities. These are skills such as tracking, cooking, medicine, etc.)
    Weapon of Choice: (Mages in this world aren't helpless stick holding children. Most mages travel on their own unless they're part of a guild and thus know how to fight with actual weapons.)
    Magical Arts: (Up to a max of 10 unless you've talked to me about an idea. You'll get more later.)

Background:

Active Characters
Mage Characters:
Kiana Erwynn - DVationz DVationz
Kail Erwynn - DVationz DVationz
Laeretia Balsalor - Dovinique Dovinique
Avar Wintersun - dae mec dae mec
Ve'emet Ka Vells - _Line 213 _Line 213
Sarai - saturn x sin saturn x sin
Adonis Fann - twotonedsaint twotonedsaint

Supporting Characters:
Minerva Smith - BasilOwO BasilOwO

Last edited:
Really looking forward to this RP! Everyone's characters look super cool!
Agreed, you're free to post in the main thread whenever by the way. I've already finished the first post to get the ball rolling!

The lore tab has been updated with the three major guilds and mildly detailed information about the guilds. The core ideas have remained unchanged. I'd suggest you take a look if you're curious!

Still working on Vells' image, but here's the current state of the sketch so people can have a rough idea of what he looks like.

1597444819836.png

Let's see if my work is slow enough for me to type up a response of my own lol

Wowow that's so cool! I wish I can draw :closedeyescryingfrown:
Btw I just realized that frequent posts rules bcs that is not mentioned on the interest check, so I want to say this before hand. I might can post once to twice a week =( weekend probably can't post at all bcs boyfie here and I will be occupied all day. Is that okay?

Wowow that's so cool! I wish I can draw :closedeyescryingfrown:
Btw I just realized that frequent posts rules bcs that is not mentioned on the interest check, so I want to say this before hand. I might can post once to twice a week =( weekend probably can't post at all bcs boyfie here and I will be occupied all day. Is that okay?
That's perfectly fine. I did make the time period a bit short so I'll probably fix that to a week just to make it easier for people.

Because I noticed something funny and wanted to see just how far it went, here's everyone's heights in order:

Avar, 6'5" (195.58 cm)
Cara, 6'2" (187.96 cm)
Adonis, 6'1" (185.42 cm)
Sarai, 6'1" (185.42 cm)
Kiana, 5'8" (172.72 cm)
Kail, 5'8" (172.72 cm)
Ve'emet, 5'7" (170.18 cm)
Laeretia, 5'4" (162.56 cm)
Minerva, 5'3" (160.02 cm)

I thought at first that Vells would end up being the shortest out of the entire cast, but it turns out that he's just the shortest of all the guys instead. Avar hails from the land of giants though; poor Vells is gonna break his neck talking to him, oof.

Because I noticed something funny and wanted to see just how far it went, here's everyone's heights in order:

Avar, 6'5" (195.58 cm)
Cara, 6'2" (187.96 cm)
Adonis, 6'1" (185.42 cm)
Sarai, 6'1" (185.42 cm)
Kiana, 5'8" (172.72 cm)
Kail, 5'8" (172.72 cm)
Ve'emet, 5'7" (170.18 cm)
Laeretia, 5'4" (162.56 cm)
Minerva, 5'3" (160.02 cm)

I thought at first that Vells would end up being the shortest out of the entire cast, but it turns out that he's just the shortest of all the guys instead. Avar hails from the land of giants though; poor Vells is gonna break his neck talking to him, oof.
lol, that's amazing

Make Avar sit down first and have Vells stand up! That's what I do with my brother, and we have about the same height difference 😂

Also the experiment above made me go and look at some old spreads of olympic body references I was reminded for comparison out of curiosity. The taller mages are probably pretty buff actually

The%20Athlete.jpg

different-body-types-olympic-athletes-howard-schatz-15.jpg

original.jpg

Unrelated:

I wish I can draw :closedeyescryingfrown:

I think anyone can learn how to draw! It's a huge timesink and can take a lot of effort, but I don't really think it's much of a talent thing at all. I was never really all that good at it until I decided that I really wanted to learn.

That's a good a point! I used to love drawing when I was a kid, but maybe I wasn't passionate enough to keep on going :deadopenmouth:

I know I wasn't. The perfectionist in me was too impatient. So instead I focused on writing and video games. Still took me some time to get good at either, but here I am with story ideas left and right and I'd say I'm fairly good at the games I play.

DVationz DVationz just wanna make sure, only representative members from other guilds that join the expedition, yes? Or all of them join the expedition? I wanna write whether Tia's brothers are with her or left behind to help taking care of the guild.

DVationz DVationz just wanna make sure, only representative members from other guilds that join the expedition, yes? Or all of them join the expedition? I wanna write whether Tia's brothers are with her or left behind to help taking care of the guild.
Any guild member, freelancer, or artisan who signed up for the expedition. It's a fairly large operation so anywhere up to half of the members of each guild would have joined. However, some would have stayed back, after all they still have their usual operations to attend to on the homeland. The freelancers are split 50/50 in regards to joining the expedition solo or through affiliation with a guild, and artisans were brought along to aid the base operations as well as transportation to and from Nyrvasta and the mainland. In the future the number of people with the expedition in Nyrvasta may rise or decline depending on events.

Posted! I hope you don't mind I use Kargras a little bit to fill my first post. I can change it though if it's not suitable =)

Posted! I hope you don't mind I use Kargras a little bit to fill my first post. I can change it though if it's not suitable =)
Not at all, I quite like it and although I haven't gotten to posting the NPC sheets, his telling of stories as if they were brand new fits the idea I was going to go for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back