• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Legends of Nyrvasta

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

DVationz

Sleepless Gamer
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
LEGENDS OF NYRVASTA
Fantasy Forest BG.jpg

[In Character Thread] || [Out of Character Thread] || [Characters Thread] || [NPC Thread] || [Lore Thread]
If you are interested in joining this rp please view the OOC thread and Characters thread first as certain character slots may not be available at the time. All questions should be asked in the OOC thread or privately through direct messaging. This rp will (hopefully) be a long term project so if you've missed your chance to join don't fret, there will likely be another chance in the near future. Thank you for checking out this rp!
"Kiana, where are we?"
"I'm not sure Kail. I don't recognize anything that could tell us where we are."
Two mages stood on a beach of ivory sand. Directly ahead of them was a dense forest. The sounds of the ocean lapping at the shore was peaceful, but the silence from the forest was eerie. The two mages exchanged glances before heading into the forest to investigate more. As they pushed their way through the underbrush the sound of the ocean waves dissipated, replaced by the disturbance of shrubs and grass they were walking on. "Do you feel that Kail?" Kiana stopped for a moment, "There's something radiating a large amount of arcane power ahead of us. It could explain why the forest seems empty." Kail nodded in understanding and slowly unsheathed the sword that clung to his side. Carefully the pair moved through more underbrush until coming to a clearing. The outer edges of the clearing was empty and in the center stood a stone structure with a large glowing crystal. Kail put his sword away and the pair walked up to the strange structure. "What is it Kiana?"
"Some sort of font... it seems to be drawing in the magic around us and focusing it into this crystal. What it does after that I'm not quite sure..." Kiana removed one of her gloves and held it up toward the crystal. "Let's find out what this does in full."

While Kiana analyzed the crystal, Kail had gathered firewood and started a small fire. While he waited he took the time to make the pair a small meal of fresh ocean fish and some of the provisions from the ship. Kiana joined him shortly after the food was done, taking her share of food and sitting down beside Kail. "So, what's that thing do?"
"It's a magic battery. It stores magic that it draws in that can then be used in the surrounding area for... well, whatever magical purpose you give the stored magic. That's not all though, from what I could gather, I think this is just a fragment."
Kail gave her a curious glance, "A fragment?"
"Yeah. It's a small piece of a bigger crystal. As to how it fragmented, where the other fragments may be, or anything else about it, I don't know."
"Huh... so does that mean-"
"Yeah. We've discovered a foreign land. It's time for us to head home and prepare for a bigger expedition."
"Finally! I've been getting bored of all these historical expeditions turning up with nothing."
"I know how you feel. I've been itching for a new mystery."

3 weeks later...

"Hey, look guys, the guild masters are back!" A crowd of mages looked to the entrance of the guild hall to see Kiana and Kail walk through. They all started to cheer to which Kiana silenced them.
"Everyone, we've got some great news. My brother and I found us an expedition."
One of the mages spoke up, "So what's the historical artifact we're looking at now?"
Kiana smiled, "We aren't looking at an artifact. We're looking at an entire foreign land." The quiet murmurs between the guild members were brief as Kiana continued. "We found a magic crystal that acts like a battery, what's more is that it's only a fragment. Meaning there are more as well as a mystery to uncover. We're going to launch a large scale expedition to explore the uncharted land and discover all there is to be found. Which means it's time to recruit some outside help. I'll be speaking with a few of the other guilds to see if we can get some easy help that way, but I want to recruit freelancers as well. If we're lucky they'll even join the guild. We've got quite a bit of work ahead of us as the Moon Rose guild so let's get to work!" The crowd cheered once more as an adventure was about to unfold.

Once word got around about the expedition to an uncharted land, headed by The Moon Rose guild, the other guilds and freelancers alike signed up. The heads of the main guilds held a meeting in which they decided upon the structure of command and who would be in charge of what aspects of the expedition. They had agreed that setting up camp in the open field where Kiana and Kail had found the crystal would be ideal as it would give them easy access to a source of magic they could draw from in case of any kind of disaster. The Moon Rose guild would be the executive guild, as they were the ones to make the discovery, while the Iron Wolves would take care of safety and the Dragon's Hoard would prioritize supplies and expedition functionality. With the specifics figured out, the guilds got to work preparing ships and setting sail. Each of the guilds took their own ships with the various freelancers dotting each guild's ships. One could tell just by the feeling in the air that everyone was thrilled at a chance to discover something nobody else had before. This expedition was a one of a kind chance of a lifetime where everyone would be unfamiliar with where they were and what might be found.

Upon arriving once more to the uncharted land everyone quickly got to work getting the expedition base up and running. Teams of builders were scattered all over the field constructing sleeping quarters, storage buildings, the headquarters, and other miscellaneous buildings that were needed. Other teams were tasked with scouting the nearby forest for wildlife and water sources, looking for possible threats, or otherwise helping with the building crews. After a long week of constant construction efforts, the expedition base was finished and everyone could rest at last before the expedition officially began.

As the sun began to set Kail and the cooks began preparing meals for everyone. Kiana, along with the other guild leaders, were in the headquarters while they waited. "Now that construction has finished, I do believe it's about time we gave this place a name." Ashryn, the leader of the Dragon's Hoard spoke first. "Have you thought of any names for this new land you discovered?"
"Actually, yes. I'm calling this place Nyrvasta."
Kargras chuckled, "Nyrvasta huh? That's quite a name."
"Yeah, well I found it so I get to name it whatever I want. Besides, we can't just keep calling it 'The New Land' all the time."
Ashryn cut in, "You shouldn't argue with an old man dear Kiana, it just goes in one ear and out the other."
"Hey, just because I'm old doesn't mean I can't still kick your rear ten ways to tomorrow."
The trio of guild leaders laughed before Kargras continued, "Anyway, I imagine food's about ready. Let's go eat and Kiana can make the announcement."

With dinner finished and nearly everyone gathered in the clearing before the large crystal that had been deemed common space, the three guild leaders stood in front of it. Kargras and Ashryn both looked to Kiana who stepped forward. With all eyes on her she began. "Everyone... It's a pleasure to be working with you. Now that the expedition base is functional we'll be starting to explore what this place has to offer. We guild leaders expect you to do your best to keep one another safe while we uncover what these lands hold secret." She looked across the crowd with a smile. So many faces from so many places all gathered here in the pursuit of discovery. "We'll be calling this new land Nyrvasta from here on out. Also, tomorrow each of the guild's leaders and seconds will be going around and coordinating orders so that we may begin accomplishing what we came here to do. But tonight? Let's just have some fun!" Several mages, as if they had been told beforehand, shot off various spells into the air, creating a brief light show that captured the excitement of the moment. With the announcement made, the guild leaders dispersed, joining their groups of guild members to eat and enjoy the rest of the evening.

[This is the official start of Legends of Nyrvasta. You are free to begin posting at your convenience.]

Last edited:
Avar looked up from his whittled cat (almost done, save for some last few details). Judging from that speech and the rather pretty light show, the boss folk had finished their talk and dinner was ready. Mages. Always liked doing the flashy... wait. He was a mage too, wasn't he? Avar supposed he had to stop thinking of mages as "them." The habit was a little hard to break, but he'd get there. Probably.

He sighed, stashed his whittling knife, and started walking away from the tree he'd been leaning against. As tempting as it was to climb it and avoid people with the excuse of keeping watch, Avar was still a professional. And any professional knew that on a mission, you had to know your team. Plus, he was hungry. Only a fool would pass up ready-made food, in his humble opinion.

Everyone seemed to be dividing by guild, which was concerning, since Avar didn't have a guild. He hurried to a vague clump of people who were just starting to disperse.

"Excuse me," he said, addressing no one in particular. His voice was deep, surprisingly soft, with just the hint of an accent. "I'm a freelancer, and I don't know where I should go to get dinner. Is there a separate spot, or should I just pick a guild for the night?"

Ve'emet Ka Vells
Expedition Base Camp
Interacting with: Avar ( dae mec dae mec )

Vells sighed as he held a small pouch in his hand, hastily estimating the weight of the remains. Their trip to the New World had been quite a long one, and they were finally down to the last of their Steppe and River Spices--unless he began to dip into the trading stores, that is, and he could not help but doubt that he would come back from that particular venture alive. More and more, he had been longing for the days when his university pension allowed for just enough imported spices to give the Guild food some proper personality, and he had only just remembered how colorless some foreign foods were without the year-round heats needed to cultivate the seeds and barks that made his tongue feel at home. Indeed, this was about to be the blandest dish he'd cooked in quite some time.

He pulled the string on the bag and turned it upside-down over the pot before him, flicking it as he watched the last of the powder within disperse lightly into the pot and the surrounding air. It would perhaps be enough flavor for those unaccustomed to such things, but the foreign researcher (well, they were all foreign there, really) could not help but prepare himself for disappointment. He stepped back, letting his shawl fall over his arm as he watched the wooden spoon within the part stir itself lazily, the floating armillary-esque object next to him turning its rings with a leisurely grace more befitting of a windmill than a casting focus. As the vegetables and spices within came to a boil, bubbles growing and bursting sloppily within the thick mixture, the Kun-banian mage turned to check on the meats; very nearly seared, yet perhaps another minute or so would be wise. They were running low on those, too--but he did his best not to think about it.

He turned his gaze up from the fire, noticing an oddly-garbed, blankly-confused looking man, noteworthy not only for his mismatched choice of dress, but also for the fact that his complexion, even in the low-light, seemed to strike a strange balance between his own and that of most others present. Ah--perhaps he would have his own stash of River Spices, as many travelers from the sun-filled regions did.

Raising his uncovered arm, he waved, just barely managing to make out the man's question due to the cooking fire's distance from most of the music and dancing. "Oh--you can certainly come here, if you so desire!" He said, spreading his arm out at the in-progress assortment before him as he offered a welcoming smile, "it will only be a few more minutes, I promise you that."

Minerva Smith
Medic
Interactions: None​

The name stuck in her mind, like something to be remembered. And it was. Though the medic new that the naming of the new land was something everyone had been anxious to see, now that it had actually happened, it seemed more mellow, like something that everyone was hyped about one minute and had forgotten about the next

I shouldn’t blame them, should I? I mean, we were all so exited to see it happen that now that it has happened, it seems more like a dream. Her thoughts had wandered so far from the party that she hadn’t a care who approached her, so long as they weren’t drunk off their head. “God I judge way to much.” She grumbled, toying with q chipped piece of wood. Unfortunately, it seemed that what she had just said was true.

Everyone was there to celebrate, while she was just there to sit around. What had she become and why the fuck had no one brought her a drink?

Avar blinked at the man who called out and gave an appreciative nod. He was mildly curious, both about the casual display of magic and the person himself: the man didn't look like an Iprentis native either. His clothing looked very Old World, not that Avar had too much first-hand experience with there. (Second-hand, though... that was another matter.) The pot, too, looked delicious. He liked Iprentisian food just fine, but variety was better.

"Thanks," he said, making his way over. Avar sat down, a little cautious, but couldn't help his fascinated stare at the self-stirring pot. This much magic was still a novelty to him, and he tried to not be an obvious buffoon who stared wildly at each casual display. "Neat trick." He took in a deep breath, relishing the rich smell. It reminded him a little of thick stew from the southern kingdoms, a place still close enough to the Old World that some spices trickled in. "Need any help?"

( _Line 213 _Line 213 )

• Kiana
    PicsArt_08-14-06.18.38.jpgKiana had always hated speeches which is why she made Kail make them. However, Kail had slithered off with the cooks before Kiana had a chance to force the majority of the speech upon him. Kail was still nowhere in sight, so for the time being she gave up her sibling vengeance in search of the freelancers and new guilds' members. They had always been something of intrigue for her as they occasionally brought with them unique magical arsenals and stories from their homelands. Not wanting to fight through the crowd, Kiana cast 'One With Darkness' and disappeared into the shadow beneath her. Quickly she darted from shadow to shadow in search of interesting mages and expedition members alike until she found a pair that caught her eye. In a few moments she was near them and materialized once more from the shadow of a tree. She walked up to the pair, smiling as the two conversed. "Evening boys. How are you two enjoying the welcome?" She looked each of them over, getting a basic idea of what kind of individuals they were. The one donning a plethora of colors and an odd marking across his face was interesting fore sure, but the other had something that interested her more. A spherical device that seemed to output a small amount of magic. She had heard of a very select group of mages who used these kinds of magic focus in their spellwork. In fact, she was fairly certain one of them had been staying with the guild since shortly before Kail and her had left to find Nyrvasta. She had decided that these two were definitely worth talking to even if only briefly. "Wait a minute... are you that student from the far south that my guild's been talking about? What was the place called... Kun-ba? I've been meaning to catch you at some point to ask you about you and your homelands." She looked between the two of them and smiled, "My curiosity can wait though, after all tonight is for celebration. I'm Kiana Erwynn of the Moon Rose guild by the way."

Interacting with: Avar dae mec dae mec || Vells _Line 213 _Line 213

Last edited:
After the welcoming message and the nice visual, Adonis reverted his gaze back towards where he initially intended. He lifted open a small tool box that contained tools meant for tweaking small objects. Upon lifting the lid he was surprised at how organized it was seeing as how many of these adventurers are very eager to get something done and not caring for something as small, something not as important as major tasks, or the fact that he wasn't really expecting a tool box to be organized. His eyes were drawn across towards the bottom left corner of the box, in there, laid the perfect tool for the job; a small screwdriver capable of getting the task done.

He had been working on a pocket watch lately for the last couple of days which he would have been done by now if it weren't for him breaking his own screwdriver. He had started the watch from scratch and was sure of getting it done today. Taking the screwdriver and closing the lid back, he headed back to where he set camp passing by fellow adventurers and guild members, nodding towards those who made eye contact. Reaching the destination Adonis sat down on his seat; a rock just outside the main campsite area with a small campfire he lit using one of his spells, he took out the watch out of his pocket and began working on it.

Not knowing wether the time was correct, Adonis finished putting the watch together, all that was left was tuning the time to its correct placement. "I'll just ask someone for the time." He said to himself, putting the watch away. Grabbing hold of a spoon, he stirred his food a couple times before looking up from the fire, he looked across the campsite searching to catch something that might interest him, even though here anything was beyond astonishment as there were many people with very talented and highly skilled gifts. He looked back at his fire seeing the food was ready, chicken broth, he carefully scooped some up and placed it down on his bowl and began eating.

Ve'emet Ka Vells
Expedition Base Camp
Interacting with: Avar ( dae mec dae mec ), Kiana ( DVationz DVationz )

"Neat, and more importantly, very useful," Vells replied, offering a wide smile as he left the pot unattended to deal with the small chunks of meat in a pan above a fire. He reached for a nearby rag, carefully wrapping it around the handle of the pot to negate the heat as he carried to the fire. "And it thankfully gives me just about all the help I need, which means you can just sit back and wait for the food to be finished." He turned the pot upside-down, letting the meats fall into the mixture, kicking up a few heavy droplets as they did so. He set the pot aside in the soil, pulling the cloth free as he let it cool on its own. Then, he leaned forward, lowering his voice as if about to share a secret.

"...Actually, there might be one thing. We're...running low on River Spices. Do you have any? I'll owe you a favor," he said, his concerns not at all matching with the hushed tone he had taken. Before he could get an answer, however, the approach of another figure prompted him to return to his full--and rather diminutive, next to his fellow traveler's--height. Though she hadn't recognized him judging by her initial words, she herself was certainly recognizable as one of the leaders of the expedition. A few moments spent jogging her memory, however, and it seemed that she recognized him after all, in a sense.

"Ah--yes! That would be me," he replied, appearing equal parts surprised and delighted. He raised his palm to his face, sweeping it downward and pulling it away from the pit of his stomach, clasping the fingers together as he did so. He arced his hand back up, reforming his fingers into a loop as it crossed down before his face a second time, and finally came to rest once level with his heart before spreading apart toward Avar and Kiana. "Ano'sa ma, to both of you; my name is Ve'emet Ka Vells. I suppose we'll be here for quite some time together," he said, extending what appeared to be a traditional greeting to the two semi-strangers. "Do not worry about your curiosity; I would be more than happy to speak on it with the leader of our little expedition."

The aroma in the pot reached a fever pitch as the spoon just kept circling, circling; a perfect circle at that. Vells reached for a thin metal bowl on the side, along with a ladle as he began to scoop some of the mixture into a bowl for the taller fellow. Having filled it half-way, he stepped to the side, removing the lid of another pot before scooping a light-brown rice into the deep brown, nearly red curry. "You are free to take more should you wish; there should be more than enough for everyone," he remarked to Avar, before glancing to the guildmaster. "Are you hungry, too?"

Minerva blinked, looking at who she presumed to be Kail. “Oh uh, thank you.” She murmured, taking the drink from him. “Your sister did a great job with the speech, by the way. I think a lot of people were wondering why you weren’t there.” She paused, before adding. “I suppose I did. But you could’ve been busy and no one would really blame you if you were. And thanks for the drink, I really needed it.”

Interactions: DVationz DVationz

He quirked an eyebrow slightly, amused but understanding. "You're in some luck," admitted Avar, reaching into his pack. "It's just general spices, but I was down south recently, so..." (And one of his clients had half paid him in spices.) He took out a pouch and lowered his voice. "I have some cumin, asafoetida, black pepper, and mustard seeds. Almost out of red pepper, though."

Then the leader of their expedition approached, and Avar stiffened a little, unsure of how many formalities she stood on. "It's great, ma'am," he answered.

Her open smile and curiosity made him relax somewhat, and the mention of Kun-Ba caused Avar to glance at the other fellow. He'd suspected something along that line, especially after the mention of River Spices. (Though Avar would never drop a question like 'Where are you from?' without further acquaintance. Things like that weren't his business unless they were immediately relevant to the job.)

The man—Ve'emet Ka Vells, according to the introduction—gave a traditional greeting. (Avar wondered if Ve'emet would be interested in helping him to pick up the language properly. He only knew a few curse words and phrases, thanks to that one time he worked for a trader.) Ve'emet was apparently a scholar or student. Avar shifted a little, both curious and a little self-conscious. It looked like everyone here had proper education and training, while all Avar could do consistently was shoot, burn, and freeze things. But anyway, that was what he was here for, right? To learn?

His little introspection was interrupted by Ve'emet's offer. "Thank you," Avar said, accepting the bowl. "I'm Avar Wintersun." He gave another cautious nod to Kiana before taking a bite, closing his eyes with pleasure at the burst of warm flavor and rice. He opened his eyes and stared at Ve'emet intensely. "You can have all my spices." Clearly, Ve'emet could use them much better than Avar and his merely passable cooking.

( _Line 213 _Line 213 , DVationz DVationz )

Last edited:

• Kiana
    Kiana Portrait.jpgIt had seemed that Avar and Vells had already hit it off, having some extent of shared culture. Kiana had never been to the south personally, but she had heard tales from time to time. Before her stood a mage from the south, one who practiced magic much differently than the way she had learned. He was a unique case, although she supposed she was quite unique herself. After all she never learned shadow magic through training, but rather through uncovering secrets that had been lost to their world. She reached over to her left arm, wrapped in cloth and bandages and gently squeezed. She had spent so much time learning how to control a magic that even now was foreign to her and the subject of much of her late night studies. Shaking away the gloomy thoughts, she took notice of Avar who seemed unsure of how to act around her. "No need for formalities Avar, we're all equals here, I just have a few extra responsibilities." She giggled for a moment.

Turning to Vells once more she stared at the magical focus, attempting to figure it out right there. It was a written form of magic, that much she could tell, but beyond that she hadn't the faintest clue as to how its spell work was structured. Again though, her questions could wait. She clapped her hands together, as if she were a teenager, "I'd love a small bowl. I've never had food from the south, never had a chance to travel that way in my journeys." Truth be told she loved foreign cuisine. Thanks to her lengthy travels she usually had the chance to try many dishes from the lands they originated. She always made it a point to constantly try new dishes whenever she traveled somewhere she hadn't been before. "So, what brought you two in joining the expedition? I'm curious..."

Interacting with: Avar dae mec dae mec || Vells _Line 213 _Line 213

Laeretia-Balsalor-Banner.png

CHARACTER SHEET

INTERACTION twotonedsaint twotonedsaint
MENTION None

Most of her guild members, The Iron Wolves, signed for the expedition, but not her brothers. Well, they wanted to, badly enough that they stated Tia couldn't go unless they were coming with her. The three musketeers must stick together, they said. Tia didn't want them to be around, she was tired of being protected the whole time, she wanted to prove to them that she was capable of standing on her own. Besides, how could she strengthen herself if she continued to take cover behind the two of strongest warriors in her guild. Thankfully, Kargras understood her concern and ordered the boys to take care of the guild while he was gone.

The announcement of the new expedition was brief, but memorable enough. Her little heart wished that her father would be here too, enjoying the evening with old Kargras while overwhelming Tia with a bunch of same advice. A little smile drawn on her oval face as the memories of her father occupied her, though it couldn't mask the pain that came with it. She took a deep breath, no time for grieving anymore, she had decided that she wouldn't dwell in the past any longer. Her goal was clear and firm, she needed to get stronger. Tia nodded to herself before walking away.

As she was approaching her guild members, Kargras was in the middle of his adventurous storytelling. Old men surely had the same habit of retelling the same stories over and over again with unchanging excitement like it was a brand new story, "...and there was this mighty monster, dark like the night, but with eyes shimmering in sun color..." she continued Kargras' words before chuckling to him, "Never get bored with that story." Kargras just laughed then back to his story.

Tia continued her walks, heading outside of campsite area. There, she saw a man sitting on a rock, enjoying his food in peace. Tia normally wasn't someone who would go straight to a stranger and opened up a conversation. Most of the time, she would ignore them and continued walking aimlessly until she found something intrigued her. But for this time, she made an exception. The sound of her metal long boots filled the silence as she moved closer to him. She squatted beside him, stretched out her not-cold hands to the fire. While her eyes remained on the fire, she cast a question, "Cold night, isn't it?" Maybe she should have introduced herself or asked his name first, but the words already came out.

No one noticed the lounging on the limb of a tree, a bit distant wary of everyone else. A lone traveler never felt comfortable with so many bodies around them. Especially Sarai who climbed to the highest point possible, as if the guild members would shed their skins at any moment and turn into man-eating beasts. The lights from the light show dazzled extra bright from his point of view in the tree. You'd think he was a wildman native to the area the way he flitted from tree to tree to eavesdrop on the divided groups of guild members. Vines extending from branch to branch to create walkable bridges between the gaps, only for the slithering green foliage to retreat once he completed his quest.

He lingered over a small group that congregated together. Momentarily being mesmerized by the spoon that danced in a perfect circle. His ears twitched at the mention of spices by the towering giant among the group. While he didn't have many aforementioned river spices he did have other such spices and pepper in his messenger bag. Almost as an afterthought, he stroked the material. Sarai hesitated not sure if he should approach them or not. Group interaction wasn't exactly his strong suit, plus the food smelled like it was close to being done. Back and forth the little devils in his mind bickered over what he should do. Before he knew it he lowered himself from the tree. Something like a peace offering wouldn't hurt, right?

The male approached the three strangers, footsteps lighter than a ghost. He rummaged through his bag pulling out a couple small jars of spices that may interest the group, or at least the cook possibly. Not one to interrupt an exchange or conversation he waited. "I overheard you were in the need of spices" Sarai began, laying out the glass bottles before him. Many of the labels were written in different foreign languages from the different areas he'd traveled. "Personally this is my favorite one, its spice with a sweet undertone that warms the senses." He held up a jar that contained a powdered, magenta substance. You'd think it was some time of powdered ink or medicine until you ever so slightly unscrewed the lid to have you nasal cavity filled with a warming, spiced aroma. He paused for a second before tentatively touching a lock of his hair,
"My name is Sarai, nice to meet you".

Minerva​
“I wanted to tag along, y’know? Get the feeling of adventure. Plus, as a medic I somehow knew people were going to get hurt, not including my parents as they died years ago.” She shrugged, “and that’s the best way to get out of a speech.” She added snorting.

Interactions: DVationz DVationz

Continuing eating, Adonis's mind drifted into a world of imagination, or rather, he was thinking to himself. All these 'what if's' started getting inside his head. Adonis must be prepared for anything, and he was of course, but was he ready for the aftermath? Adonis never liked to overthink situations, but can't really help it as this implies to really almost anything in the world. Although Adonis isn't close to someone; inside the camp that is, he wouldn't like losing or even worse, letting someone down. But he knows as people look for solutions, trouble is always around the corner.

Hearing footsteps, his mind drifted back. Looking down upon his food, Adonis saw that it had gone cold. So he started to pour some more from the pot to his bowl to let it warm up. The footsteps got louder and eventually a woman appeared right beside him. He looked at her and didn't seem to recognize her, or at least he hadn't seen her, so he assumed she had to be from another guild or some adventurer who had applied. He looked at her as she adjusted herself towards the campfire then looked back at his food. The woman asked a question as he stirred the food once again. It took a second for Adonis to process the question, as he wasn't really expecting anyone to walk up to him. "Indeed it is." He responded back after a few seconds. Not knowing what else to do, and seeing as how she was, Adonis out of his politeness asked. "Need a seat or a meal?" As he stood up from his seat.

Interactions: Dovinique Dovinique

Ve'emet Ka Vells
Expedition Base Camp
Interacting with: Avar ( dae mec dae mec ), Kiana ( DVationz DVationz ), Sarai ( saturn x sin saturn x sin )

The mage's fingers shifted lightly as he was presented the pouch, an audible sigh of relief escaping him as he wrapped his fingers around the cloth and felt the soft powders within. In the back of his mind, he knew that this, too, would fade eventually--but, really, there couldn't be all that much harm in delaying the inevitable now, could there.

"Oh--this will be perfect! Know that you've done the expedition as a whole a great service--for a few days, one thinks--but a service nonetheless." He opened up the pouch briefly, taking stock of the ingredients within with a knowing eye, before tightening the drawstring once again. As the venture's leader asked for her own portion, he reached for another bowl, scooping and arranging both components in as identical a fashion as he could, briefly looking up to grin at Avar as he voiced his approval. "My family has eaten variants of this dish for generations--I suppose I could say that I had excellent teachers when it came time to learn it for myself." With that, he turned and presented Kiana with a now-completed serving, bowing his head in a show of both thanks and respect as the outstretched fingers of a single hand supported the now-filled bowl.

"Have you heard of the University of Kemekku?" he asked once the other mage had accepted her food, "it is one of the preeminent places of learning, where I come from. They found promise in your venture--and saw it fit to ensure that there was a representative of our nation's colleges amongst your number."

A new voice reached Vells' ears before he could continue, causing him to turn and--once again, it seemed--look quite a ways up in order to address the appearance of this new figure properly. Though there was perhaps quite a lot to examine in regards to the figure themselves, the Kun-banian instead found his eyes and attention drawn to the jar and its oddly-colored contents. He had seen many selections of spices in his time, yet this seemed far and away from the earthen hues and bright reds and oranges that dominated Old World markets alongside hints of green. He leaned over the jar, taking in a slight breath as he attempted to match the strange new mixture with his library of prior encounters.

"If I may ask," he said after several moments, "what type of spice is this, exactly?" It was entirely possible that he had missed the man's name entirely.

Avar swallowed and gave Ve'emet a nod. "Glad to serve," he mumbled, pausing with the spoon halfway to his mouth. Then Avar continued eating. He wasn't exactly shoveling the food down, but he was eating with brisk efficiency nonetheless, as if lingering too long would make the food disappear. Just before his last few bites, Avar stopped to sigh contentedly. Delicious. He gave a brief, sideways glance to the pot. Ve'emet said to take more if he wished, but... perhaps it was better to not push his luck.

Just as Avar was about to take his last bite, Kiana spoke, and he blinked at both her order and the giggle. It took a second for him to figure out if she was making fun of him or if she was being sincere. Considering how cheerful she was, probably not the former?

"Yes, ma—er... Miss Erwynn?" He hesitated for a second and corrected himself a second time. "Yes, Kiana." It felt a bit weird to call his boss (well, one of them) by first name, honestly. But she was the boss. He'd call her whatever she asked, obviously.

Avar listened to Ve'emet's explanation, curious about what kind of knowledge they taught at a university, especially one that probably specialized in magic. (The one time he had been in a university... well, best not to think of that.) Before Ve'emet could continue, a fourth voice came out of nowhere, and Avar's head snapped to the side. He lurched to his feet, one hand reaching for his short spear while the other gathered shimmering heat—then the words registered.

Seventy hells, that man was quiet! No one had snuck up on Avar in quite some time; this new person would be a damn fine scout, that was for sure. (Didn't seem like the smartest idea to sneak up on allies, but... maybe that was a mage thing? Oh well, no harm done.) Avar relaxed, sat back down, and gave the man a cursory once over. Sarai was an interesting sort, both with his skills and strange jars with stranger languages.

"Sorry," he said belatedly. "Avar Wintersun." He gave a polite nod, also wanting to know the answer to Ve'emet's question.

( _Line 213 _Line 213 , DVationz DVationz , saturn x sin saturn x sin )

CHARACTER SHEET

MENTION None

Tia's eyes followed the man as he stood up and offered her a seat. Unconsciously, she copied the same gesture which made her realized the height differences between them. Her neck stretched as she tried to adjust her eyes with his. The silver-haired man was about the same height as her second older brother, Cedoric, but of course, he was not a gentleman like this one, "Oh no thanks, I just wandering around here and found you here. I mean... since we're all gonna exploring together, best to know who are we working with, right?"

Tia threw her hands to her back, gripping her low right arm as she continued talking, "I'm Laeretia from Iron Wolves, the one that led by old Kargras," her lips curled into a small smile before going back to its default position. Before he could give a reply, Tia suddenly realized that she just interrupted his peaceful dinner, he even stood up for her, "I didn't mean to bother you, you should go back to your seat and continue your meal. My father always said that if you standing up while eating, your food won't get digested and will go straight to your bottom, it will be a painful excretion," she said while gesturing the man to go back to his stone seat. Tia would remain standing, enjoying the night that filled with lively low chatters and sound of burning campfires.

"Ah I see..." Adonis responded to the declined offer. "Yeah, I guess you're right, we should get to know better who we're working alongside with." He responded to her question. He was about to ask the woman what her name was, but got the answer anyway as the woman had introduced herself shortly after. Laeretia... that was the woman's name, a rare name but surely a good one. Adonis opened his mouth as he was going to introduce himself to her but got cut off before he could say anything. "Oh? I didn't know that... well I sure wouldn't like that to be a problem for me." He responded to the little food explanation she had told him. Taking the explanation, he sat back down on the rock. "Iron Wolves huh? Looks like a very cooperative guild." He said. Realizing he hadn't introduced himself and finally getting the chance to do it, he stood back up and looked at her. "The name's Adonis... Adonis Fann from the Moon Rose guild, it's a pleasure to meet you Laeretia." Sheesh, was that too much? He thought to himself as he sat back down on the rock, he didn't want to make this awkward but also wanted to show gratitude. He shook the thought off and smiled, either way, it was nice meeting someone new.

CHARACTER SHEET

MENTION None

The man standing in front of her introduced himself as Adonis Fann, a member of The Moon Rose. So far, she had met many members from The Moon Rose, quiet understandable because they're the leader of this expedition. At first, she thought he would be a freelancer, seeing how he isolated himself here. Didn't expect that he would be someone from The Moon Rose, but everyone had their own reasons. Tia too had her time when she wanted to be away from the hustle and bustle.

"Nice to meet you too," she said as she watched him back to his stone. A moment of silence filled the air between them, it seemed that the young adults were both not an expert with talking. Tia might be good at negotiating, but talking to strangers was a different case. When negotiating, she had one goal, to get the best deals that benefited her. She had several pieces of information ready to be used. She did, however, try to squeeze some topics from her brain, recollecting memories about how Anzel, his oldest brother, handled strangers. He was a good lad with high level of socializing skills, not to mention his undeniable charisma. She wished she had learned one or two things about socializing from him before taking her own journey.

Realizing that the situation had grown more awkward as the seconds went by, Tia decided to go back to her own camp. She glanced one more time at Adonis, "I'll go back and get some sleep. You better too, tomorrow is going to be a long journey," she smiled briefly before walking away from Adonis. Arriving in her tent, Tia went straight to bed. She surely couldn't wait for tomorrow.

Last edited:
Kiana
PicsArt_08-14-06.18.38.jpgAnother mage had descended from the tree above to join their conversation. Kiana quietly listened to the newcomer and Vells talk about the spice. Taking note of Avar's brief moment of surprise she giggled and started eating the soup prepared by Vells. It was quite delicious and she would have to compliment him later. She quickly ate, placing the soon empty bowl beside Vells' cauldron. "Well as much as I'd love to continue chatting, I have some research to do before I go to bed. Goodnight you three, it was a pleasure meeting you." She turned to walk away, spinning back to the group for a moment, "Oh, I enjoyed the food Vells. Thank you for sharing." After a few moments Kiana disappeared in the crowd as she made her way towards the headquarters situated in the other side of the magical crystal.

Interacting with: Avar dae mec dae mec || Vells _Line 213 _Line 213 || Sarai saturn x sin saturn x sin

[Make your final interactions before I continue the story onto the next day]

"Sure will." Adonis replied to Laeretia as she headed back towards the main campsite. He finished up eating the remaining chicken broth before packing up his supplies. As he was packing up and putting everything away he noticed the pocket watch he had been working on, he could've asked Laeretia for the time... missed opportunity. He continued to put away all of his supplies back on his bag, once finished putting everything away he extinguished the campfire. Adonis grabbed the bag and the screwdriver that had been laying on the side of the rock the whole time. He carried the small bag on his left hand while carrying the small screwdriver on his right. With everything set ready to go, Adonis would make his way once again back towards the tool box and return the screwdriver he'd taken. Looking around and seeing as some people had already fallen asleep and others saying their farewells towards their fellow peers before departing and heading back towards their tents, Adonis would do the same and head off to his tent.

Aquamarine tinted optics flickered up to the shorter male who asked about his spices. His eyes brightened like sunlight filtering through a crystal. "Ahh, that one is from a tribe far in the north where the landscape becomes thick with ice. Esina is what they call it, it's one of their milder spices." Sarai explained as he shook the purple vial. Back where he stashed his gear he had another larger jar of that particular spice and a couple of rarer spices and herbs he didn't feel comfortable giving away to strangers just yet. "Feel free to keep what you need of it~" He regarded the vial of spice as he offered it to the male as a gesture of good will.

Sarai nodded his head to the second male who introduced himself, by contrast, he was much taller than the first male, enough so it almost appeared to be a child standing next to his father. The gold marking etched in his face caught his attention like a gold coin to a beggar. He couldn't help but notice the different articles of clothing from different areas of the world. Ones you could only obtain if you were also akin to traveling like he was. The boat he traveled on had more guild members than anything sharing their excitement during the travel while he hovered by himself near the front of the boat. Despite being a traveler he didn't enjoy traveling by boat, especially if the trip was a long one. He'd sooner walk a thousand miles being seared by desert suns, whipped by wintery winds, and chased by strange beasts than partake in overseas travel for an extended time. The female he recognized as the leader f this expedition departed from the group and he bid her farewell if only a moment too delayed

"Are either of you travelers? I' haven't yet found anyone trustworthy to call companions since arriving."
Sarai asked the lightest flush of rose dancing over his cheeks. Sheepishly he raised his hand and twisted a lock of hair. He never was too keen on making personal relationships. Typically people in town sought him of for his business or for him to preform random odd jobs around town. He had tons of friendly acquaintances but not so many who knew him on an intimate level.

dae mec dae mec & _Line 213 _Line 213

As the celebrations died down, everyone went off to their various tents to call it a night. The guild leaders and a few select individuals had a meeting to discuss the beginnings of tomorrow. The construction of the expedition base had gone smoothly but fine details had yet to be worked out. In addition, the exploratory efforts would have to begin and thus teams would have to be formed. Thankfully the meeting hadn't taken too much time as everyone was tired. With things decided upon and matters settled, the expedition camp had grown silent. All except for Kiana who, like always, stayed up well into the night working on her research.

Kiana removed her gloves, stuffing them in her pocket as she approached the large gem that floated in the center of the encampment. She placed both hands upon it and in a similar fashion as the last time she was here, probed the magical qualities of the gem, searching for a clue as to where others might be or anything else that could prove to uncover a secret. The process was quiet and peaceful with everyone else asleep. As she analyzed the gem she could feel the magic contained within the gemstone. The sheer amount of power within it was astounding and Kiana was surprised that nobody had discovered this place before. The magic that was contained was mostly natural magic, but she could sense the various elemental magics that were commonplace in the world as well as a few magics she couldn't quite name. Perhaps they were remanants of ancient elemental magic and thus it felt different. Whatever the case, the magic within was nothing more than energy for spell casting now.

As Kiana continued to push for information from the gem, she finally found what she was seeking. A very faint tugging of magic. Several pieces of the stone were tugging at one another, trying to pull each other together to reform a singular magical gem. One fragment to the northeast and a second to the northwest. Kiana removed her hands from the crystal and smiled. Now she could go to sleep and inform the teams of their objectives tomorrow. With more fragments, perhaps they could learn of what happened to the crystal and how it shattered in the first place. The mysteries excited her and she could only imagine the possibilities.

The next morning...

The morning had already begun for many of the expedition members. Kiana had informed the other heads about her findings from the night before and orders had started to go around promptly afterwards. Kail had once again helped the various cooks bright and early, but he wasn't able to escape his sister's wrath from the night before. With everything said and done the expedition had finally gone underway. What Nyrvasta had for the adventurers was a mystery, but those mysteries would soon be uncovered.

Kiana went around the encampment searching for the three who would be joining her team. Avar, Sarai, and Laeretia would accompany Kiana north in search of one of the fragments she had managed to learn of. Should they run into anything else that may catch Kiana's attention they'd investigate, but their primary objective was to search for the fragment.
dae mec dae mec saturn x sin saturn x sin Dovinique Dovinique
(You three may post first as the group will be meeting at the north entrance of the encampment. Your characters are aware of each other's names for the sake of knowing who you're working with as well as the main objective. Also, Xcelgamer Xcelgamer if you're still interested you'll be a part of this group.)

Kail went around the encampment in search of those who'd be joining his scouting party. They were tasked with scoping out the nearby areas for resources and possible threats. Should they encounter a threat they were to scare it away if possible rather than eliminate it. Kail's party consisted of Minerva, Vells, and Adonis along with a few others. They would be meeting at the south entrance and loop around the encampment to scout out the area.
_Line 213 _Line 213 twotonedsaint twotonedsaint BasilOwO BasilOwO
(You three may post first as the group will be meeting at the south entrance of the encampment. Your characters are aware of each other's names for the sake of knowing who you're working with as well as the main objective.)

Avar was there five minutes before the expected meeting time. On time was late, and so on. He had his bow slung across his shoulder and an arrow held loosely in his hand. It's not like he expected anyone to attack them at the gate, but it was a habit. And it gave his hands something to do. Avar was actually feeling a little cheerful about this, not that anyone could tell: this team had the 'fun' job of searching for the magic rocks. Compared to standard threat assessments, scouting and exploring parts actually interesting.

He kept an eye out for the other members. Sarai was the uncannily quiet one who also traveled a lot—he of the purple spices. Seemed like a guy with a lot of interesting tales. It might take a campfire and a couple proper drinks to convince the man to share them, but Avar was always up for that. (Besides, Sarai seemed like one of the older people in this camp; Avar was only twenty-six, but he already felt old compared to some of the baby-faced ones here.)

If Avar remembered correctly, Laeretia was an official mage from an official guild—the Iron Wolf Guild. Avar was pretty sure he'd met her family before. During that... one war, he'd worked with an older mage and his son. (Well. "Worked." More like tried not to die while the mages brought firepower that could tear apart armies.) He hadn't gotten a chance to confirm it; Avar could always bring it up if the silence got too awkward even for him.

And last, of course, was their boss, Kiana. Judging by their brief conversation, she was wicked smart (unsurprising) and rather nice (surprising). He was curious what kind of leader she'd be, though. He had some bosses who were all smiles until someone screwed up... not that Kiana struck him as that sort.

He exhaled. Well, he'd soon find out. Avar twirled the arrow around his fingers, ready to nod to the first person who showed up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back