• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Legends Of Khartouma: An Empire Falls (High Fantasy/Action-Adventure) Re-Launch

Darrian_Gabriel

Sicarii Assassin
warriors of khartouma.png

The late Levitus Epoch, Third Era of Creation

Although it had been at least thirty thousand years since it's creation by the almighty deity known as the One Superior, the fabulous and mythical world of Khartouma was still in it's infancy. Mankind was still very young and only a few millenia removed from their hunter/gatherer days. A sparse number of tiny kingdoms rose to dot the landscape, yet none was greater than the land of Dantavish. Known far and wide as the Jewel of the Sands, Dantavish is cited as the first true empire to ever arise on Khartouma, the great desert city serving as a crossroads of commerce, trade and was the center of all known civilization. For nearly three centuries, Dantavish reigned supreme as the sole super power, the very cornerstone of empire. But as the saying goes, all good things are destined to perish as all empires are destined to crumble. For the past fifteen years, the mysterious order of the Abissinian Warlocks have seized political and cultural control of the empire. Long suspected of being a dangerous cult, the Warlocks have even stretched their sinister influence over the royal court. King Marcian IV, current young ruler of Dantavish, is well known to be a devoted disciple of the Abissinian Warlocks, and any decree the order makes, he passes into direct law over the kingdom.

Under the insidious watch of the shadowy Warlocks, Dantavish has become a hot bed of corruption, fear and cruelty. But things are about to get so much worse. As King Marcian's thirtieth jubilee approaches, his fawning devotion to the cult has left him completely blind to the Warlocks' monstrous plans. One of the Chaos Goddesses, Tother-Rai and her lover Teth-Arr, demonic Lord of the Fourth Realm, have manipulated events up until this point and are directly responsible for the rise of the Abissinian Warlocks and their stranglehold over Dantavish. Tother-Rai plans to sacrifice the young puppet king in order to break the fabled Eelano Vitale, the legendary seal that separates the living world from the realms of the dead, as a gift to her lover Teth-Arr to allow him to freely walk in this plane of existence. But unknown even to her, is the catastrophic consequences that will befall Khartouma as a result. As the king is murdered, it sets forth a disastrous chain of events that will see the empire fall and the gates of hell literally unleashed upon the world. The dead will once again walk the in the realm of the living...

So this is all my own original creation and lore that I'm currently basing several fictional novels on. Set in the mythical world of Khartouma, an alien planet with three moons that is a stand in for our Earth in this parallel dimension and is part of my Warriors Of Khartouma series. This RP will start off immediately after the fall of Dantavish as a horde of millions of zombie like demons, known as the Kadavruu, are set free from the Underworld as a result of the sacrificial murder of the king. Over the course of only a few a months, mankind has almost been completely wiped out, with sparse pockets of survivors. Think of this world as a kind of mash up between Lord of the Rings, Conan the Barbarian, The Scorpion King and The Walking Dead.

I think last time I got disconnected bc the Lore was in a series of YouTube vids, if I remember correctly. A simply coded/tabbed Lore section can def do wonders for original settings such as this one.

perhaps interested! i'm curious about prevalence of magic-like abilities outside of the warlocks

perhaps interested! i'm curious about prevalence of magic-like abilities outside of the warlocks
There's Blood Sorcery, Chaos Magic, Elemental Warping...but one has to be specifically trained. In the case of Blood Sorcery and Chaos Magic, a practioner has to be trained rigorously while Elemental Warping is an ability you have to be born with, it cannot be learned.

if there is the potential for me to play a character with these abilities, likely elemental warping, then i would be interested in at the very least discussing things more for sure

The Lore kinda confused me a little. I mean I suppose a character that practices magic would be acceptable if I am understanding the Lore correctly since there are deities that could grand such a thing or allow if that's a better word.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back