• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Legend of Zelda: Chains of Time [IC]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Oslonaut

wonders in revealing every obscured demon
OOC MODERATOR POST
F O R E W O R D

Welcome to Legend of Zelda: Chains of Time! As of this moment, the role-play is currently OPEN. Please click the link to our character sheet thread if you'd like to submit an application and join! Until your character has been officially approved, you're not allowed to post here. As a common courtesy prior to posting in here with your character, we also recommend jumping into our OOC chat to figure out how to introduce your character into our story. This is to ensure things go as swimmingly as they possible can so our main plot doesn't get derailed! In addition, I highly recommend you go through our Lore to get up to speed on what is going on and where we're possibly headed. Any other inquiries or comments may be sent directly to me or posted in the OOC chat! Now some quick guidelines!

G U I D E L I N E S

*Disclaimer: Rules may be added and/or edited at my discretion in the future. If so, I'll keep everyone updated in OOC chat.​

1 — We are a semi-canon Legend of Zelda role-play taking place on the same continent as Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for the Nintendo Switch. Though we use the game map for Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild as a guideline to dictate our setting and its contents, we are not required to strictly adhere to the dimensions or state of the content shown in the game. This also ties into the time of our role-play, which takes place thousands of years before the events of the game.

2 — The three things that are encouraged and expected out of this role-play are as follows: a willingness and effort to stick together and push the main plot forward as a group while keeping an open mind, the ability to role-play without god-modding or making your character 'flawless' (no Mary-Sue's or Marty-Stu's), and the courtesy to post with consistency and quality. Good grammar and spelling is a must. Feel free to use a spelling and grammar check such as the one found on Google Drive's word document service if you know you have issues with this. Additionally, no week-long waits for your posts if possible! If you need a break because life is crazy, kindly give us a heads up in the OOC chat and we'll figure out a way to give your character a temporary exit so the rest of us can continue. If no heads up is given and you poof anyway, I reserve the right to eject them out of the RP any way that I see fit. And yes, this can mean death depending on the circumstances.

3 — No double-posting or general spamming. There is no word minimum on this role-play, but at least try to make one good paragraph per post to keep the story moving forward and to keep things interesting. Practice good co-writing courtesy! Whether that means adding more to a post or slimming it down to give the other character a chance to respond to things in a fluid and seamless manner, don't hesitate to communicate with the other participant(s) and do what is best for your role-play session as a whole.

4 — Last, but definitely not least, follow all these rules and have FUN. That's what we're all here for, right?

Last edited:
IC MODERATOR POST

(click image for quick location reference!)

On the bank of the famous Hylia River, between the Whistling Hill and Batrea Lake, sat the Riverside Stable. Despite its singular title, the establishment also served as a quick pit stop, general store, and tavern to travelers passing through on their way to or from the bustling Exchange Ruins. On a night as stormy and windy as this, however, the Riverside Stable was at its core a safe haven and shelter of utmost importance. If the terrible lightning strikes and roaming monsters weren't enough to strike fear into the typical traveler and send them scurrying under the horse-shaped rooftop, then the River Hylia's transformation from serene stream to roaring torrent was almost certain to do the trick.

Impassable, and only several feet away from possibly flooding the Riverside Stable itself, the river barred any travel east and out of the realm of Central Hyrule for many miles. As such, the large circular room that was meant to be its 'tavern' was packed with merchants from Akkala, riding out the storm with drinks and curry at the tables in the center. Along the wall, several bunk beds were lined up and almost entirely occupied. A pair of Zora occupied one, sitting on its edge and seemingly comforting each other. If the even the Zora were staying out of the water, then you knew it was bad, one of the drunken men from Akkala joked. The male Zora appeared embarrassed by the remark. The taller female hid his face in her arms and glared at the men.

Meanwhile, the Riverside Stable's middle-aged owner hustled to bring the men food and drink. Beads of sweat dripped down from the bald crater on his head as he worked, determinedly keeping up a smile as he served his boisterous patrons and tried to ignore the booming thunder outside. The blonde Hylian stable boy who had been helping him prior was outside with the horses now, doing his best to keep them calm while keeping a watchful eye on the River Hylia's bank. Aside from the obnoxious merchants occupying the center of the large room, the rest of the patrons were a colorful array of travelers struggling to sleep or outright abandoning the idea as they read their books, maintained their gear, or stared at the ceiling waiting for the storm to pass. Others, however, had yet to arrive...

| | |​

Note: Here we go! Feel free to have your character already present in the building or have them walk in. Once we get introductions and such out of the way, I'll move the story along with another IC moderator post!

Tag: ithinkcat ithinkcat , quadraxis201 quadraxis201

1574211960426.png

Zaris & Mirel

Zaris rested on one of the tavern's beds, his right ankle planted against his left knee as he flipped through his leather-bound journal to make sure the pages weren't ruined from the torrential downpour that could be seen from the Riverside Stable's open-air entrance. He kept diverting his gaze to the entrance every several seconds or so, a semi-concerned frown creasing his face. Right outside the Stable, secured to a wooden post by a leather cord, was a Maraudo Wolf, the young man's only real friend. For reasons of safety, Zaris had secured the wolf outside of the tavern. Given the current weather outside, it was more than fair to say that Zaris was getting concerned and was second-guessing his decision. He would have to make doubly sure that his companion would behave themselves in the crowded building, but bringing them inside was the only way he could think of to keep them safe. With a sigh, Zaris closed his journal, stored it away in his pack, and stood up from the bed. "I can't leave Mirel out there in the pouring rain like that, even if he has all that warm fur." He said to himself, slowly walking over to the Stable's entryway as he unfastened his hooded cloak.

Mirel was seated on the moist ground, lightly whimpering with his ears pressed against his head. Zaris strode over to him, braving the onslaught of rain with cloak in hand. "I'm going to let you in, but you have to promise me you'll keep calm, alright? I know it's noisy in there, but beggars can't be choosers." He produced a piece of raw meat from inside a compartment of his pack and offered it to Mirel, who gobbled it up with a slightly-more-cheerful bark. "I'm going to untie you, now." Zaris stated as he began to unwind the cord. "Three... two... one." With one last tug, Mirel was untied from the post and curled up at Zaris' legs. Zaris draped the cloak over Mirel to help keep him dry and ushered the wolf inside the tavern back over to his bed.

Zaris resumed his pose on the bed as Mirel hopped up and began to lie down, resting his snout against Zaris' shoulder. The young man slightly turned his head towards his companion and gave Mirel a gentle rub along his back. "Much better, right, buddy?" With a slight smile, he said, "Want me to read to you? I was actually just checking to make sure my writing didn't get smudged from all that rainfall, but... I wouldn't mind one bit."

Mirel gently pawed Zaris like he was fluffing a pillow and closed his eyes as the Hylian began to thumb through a section of the journal. "This is from a section concerning the Korok Forest. Remember when we were there? The Deku Tree that presides over their home told me the little guys were frightened half to death when they first saw us, but after some reassurance they were willing to come out and play. Now, from what the Deku Tree told me..."

sheikah 100x93.jpg
Khalida & Atlas

“Damn this rain,” Khalida muttered under her breath as she clutched the hooded cloak closer to her face. A blue ear turned to listen as the stallion snorted, almost annoyed as well. The Hylian patted her horse on his soaking wet neck. “Okay Atlas, next stable we see, we will stop. Okay?” she spoke. Atlas trotted along the well worn path next to a very flooded Bottomless Swamp, coming to a crossroad. Khalida pulled Atlas towards the right, knowing Riverside Stable was close by. With a light tap on the horse’s side, Khalida urged Atlas to move faster. The blue stallion responded immediately, pushing his trot to a canter. Thunder rumbled above them as the rain continued to waterlog them both.

Khalida had just returned from a job in Central Hyrule, completing a particularly rough assignment for one of her usual customers. It hadn’t been raining then, and all the young Hylian wished to do was to go visit her mother. She hadn’t seen Lyna in months and figured she was due to visit the village anyway.

“Almost there, Atty,” she whispered to her horse, giving another gentle rub on the wet blue fur. She pulled the reins slightly to the left, but Atlas, having travelled all over Hyrule, had already turned before Khalida even had the thought. Lightning crackled close by, causing the horse to rear unexpectedly. She held on tight as Atlas began a full on gallop to the stables. “Easy! Slow down!” Khalida yelled out, attempting to soothe the scared stallion. The horse-shaped rooftop became visible, and Khalida pulled the reins back with both hands and all her strength. He reared back again, stopping just outside the tavern entrance. “Woah, boy! It’s okay. We’re here! We’re here!”

A blonde Hylian boy, who had already been outside, came over towards them as Khalida dismounted her horse, giving another reassuring stroke. “Are you both okay?” he spoke, holding Atlas’s harness to keep him still as he breathed heavily. Khalida simply nodded and turned towards him with a soft smile. “Can you take him to the stables? He is in need of rest as am I.” The boy gave an uneasy smile at the last line. “It’s.. a bit packed to say the least,” he said, grabbing the reins from Khalida. “But it is dry as long as you don’t mind crowds.” Khalida eyed the tavern, seeing and hearing all the people inside. “Ugh..” she sighed then turned her attention back to the boy. “I might be back, sooner rather than later, to check on Atlas.” The boy nodded, taking Atlas to where the other horses were. Khalida looked at the river, becoming increasingly uneasy at how it raged along the bank. She pulled up her half face mask and walked inside.

The smell of food wafted into Khalida’s nose, and her stomach rumbled. She ambled to the bar area and attempted to wave down the barkeep. However, the bald man seemed overly busy, flitting back and forth between customers, but had the biggest smile on his face. She leaned against the bar, elbows on the counter, and continued flagging him down. Once he reached her, she ordered some creamy meat soup and some ale. The ale was immediately given to her. Now, she waited...again. Her blue orbs peered around the crowded tavern, seeing most of the beds had been taking. “Stable it is,” she spoke, taking a big sip of her drink.

Last edited:
uiFjIdm.png

R E M I E L

| | |

The bounty he'd delivered to the Hylian guards at the Exchange Ruins had paid well. With a sack full of rupees and the satisfaction of a job well done, Remiel had planned to cross the River Hylia and return to the Akkala Markets for a new cloak and some weapon upkeep. Surely there were more bounties to be had there, as well. There always were. And he was always eager to continue working.

Unfortunately, his plans for spending money and making it were cut shorter than he'd imagined when a storm rolled in fairly quickly over the Hyrule Field. Even atop his palomino thoroughbred, a proud and powerful Akkala mount, the dark clouds above managed to outrun him before releasing a torrential downpour and flooding the river. Effectively cut-off from the east, Remiel was forced to hastily find shelter with his steed. The way to the Riverside Stable was beset with fierce winds, relentless rain, and a blinding fog that forced him to travel on instinct and memory alone.

But, somehow, they managed to make it.

If Remiel had been a religious man, he imagined he'd be thanking the Goddess Hylia right now. As it was, he gently patted the side of his horse's neck instead. "Thanks, girl." He softly spoke as the blonde stable boy approached them.

"Just got done putting away another horse. It's a packed house tonight, but there should still be some room left!" The kid exclaimed over the sound of the wind and the rain, tucking the lapels of his thick jacket close as he struggled for warmth.

Swinging a leg over his horse and sliding off, Remiel landed effortlessly on both feet before handing over the reins. "Some coffee and a chair to sit in. That's all I'd like." He placed a red rupee into the boy's free palm, receiving a swift thank you from the lad in question before his horse was ushered towards the old stable nearby. Turning towards the boisterous sound of laughter and the warm light coming from the establishment itself, Remiel took a deep breath then sighed as he moved forward. He supposed he'd been foolish for hoping it'd be empty.

He slid his black hood off as he entered, revealing a mostly dry mop of dark hair and a set of dark eyes to match. He took immediate notice of a wolf first, wondering if the tavern keeper hadn't yet noticed it himself. But, strangely enough, it appeared tame beside the young man it was curled against. After shifting his gaze to a pair of Zora, Remiel then discerned that there weren't any beds available. And the few open chairs left were in the vicinity of the loud merchants drinking their ale and singing. It was these factors that led him towards the small bar.

The stool would have to do in place of an actual chair. He pulled one out and sat upon it, shifting his black cloak off to the side and incidentally revealing the bejeweled holster and dagger he carried on his hip to the young Hylian woman one stool over. As he looked over his shoulder to gauge when the tavern keeper would attend to him, the young lad realized this. His eyes met with hers (or attempted to, anyway) and the serious expression within them didn't flinch in the slightest. There was a brief pause... then he spoke. "You drink with that thing on?" He asked, gesturing towards the lower-half of his face to regard the half-mask she wore.

Though it might not have seemed like it, it was a serious question. After all, Remiel hadn't seen every culture or custom in Hyrule yet. Perhaps that was a new one. Though she appeared Hylian and dressed like a Sheikah, he knew all too well that appearances could be deceiving.

sheikah 100x93.jpg

Khalida leaned against the bar, pulling down her mask just enough to relish in the drink before sliding it back up. She hardly ever stopped to relax, and she definitely didn’t like for her face to be seen much. This damn rain. That’s all she could think to herself as she rested the top half of her body on the wooden counter. It was frustrating her that she couldn’t be out getting to see Lyna. It had been at least a full month since she’d been home to the village and had that delicious pumpkin stew Lyna makes. It had been her favorite since she was a small child, and no other tavern or food stand could live up to it. Her stomach gnawed at her again, and Khalida winced as a response. Please hurry up. I’m so hungry...

Another roll of thunder boomed over the tavern once more as another guest strolled in. Khalida rolled her eyes. “Great, another one,” she muttered into her drink. “I’m so sleeping with Atlas tonight…” She quickly pulled the mask back up to cover her face. You never know who your next kill might be, and she damn sure didn’t like letting her victims fully see her face until they were on the brink of death. Twisted? Yep. That was Khalida.

Her eyes flitted to the tall figure as he sat down next to her. For the love of Hylia, please don’t talk to me. Khalida swirled her drink and looked casually away, looking at everything in the room besides him. He’s kinda cute, don’t you think? The intrusive thought lingered in the back of her mind. Ugh. Goddess Hylia No! She shook her head as to physically get the notion out of her brain. She glanced over again, making direct eye contact and shifted her eyes again. Then, he spoke.

“You drink with that thing on?”

The tone was rather serious, but that didn’t stop Khalida from looking him up and down with a questioning look. Normally, no one spoke to her, and she was more than fine with that. Her blue orbs caught the glint of the jeweled holster. My, My aren’t we fancy? She thought with a slight smirk as her eyes closed. “Let’s just say, pretty boy, that I run a messy business, and prefer that no one sees my face.” Khalida turned her face to look at him directly. He appeared Hylian in nature, but who knew these days. For all she knew, he could’ve been a Yiga member in disguise. She had seen it before not too long ago. “But to answer your question, pretty boy. No. I don’t.” And with that, she pulled her mask down and threw her head back, finishing the ale with ease. As she finished, she slammed it down on the counter, mainly to signal the barkeep that she had engulfed the rest of it and to refill it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Oh Kali. Why are you such a badass. XD)

Tags: Oslonaut Oslonaut quadraxis201 quadraxis201

1574639561653.png

Zaris & Mirel
"...And that, you see, is why the Koroks wear those masks of theirs." Zaris said to Mirel, gently shutting his notebook as the wolf seemed to drift off to sleep-- for about ten seconds at least, for Mirel's sensitive ears suddenly pricked up as they detected the sound of hoofbeats. Mirel quickly about-faced in order to gaze at the entrance to the Stable and sat on his haunches, tail flicking back and forth. A young female Hylian (who appeared to be dressed more like a Sheikah, face mask and all) had stepped inside after having her horse lodged and positioned herself at the bar. Mirel fixed his gaze upon her with defensively-lowered ears, as if he was detecting something about her that was particularly ticking him off. She was then served food and a drink, and Mirel's lupine eyes remained glued to her all the while.

Zaris noticed how attached Mirel was toward the Sheikah-dressed Hylian and began to gently stroke his back to calm him down before he had the chance to begin outright snarling at her. "It's okay, Mirel. Calm down. Remember, it's quite crowded in here, and this is not Hateno. I don't want you going berserk in here, so please relax, alright?"

Mirel let out a low-pitched whine and flopped forward, his head resting on his front paws.

Another newcomer then arrived at the Stable with their trusty steed, this time an actual Sheikah. The young man had pulled a stool up to the bar and seated himself near the female Hylian. He had struck up a conversation with her, and though it was a bit hard to hear over the jubilant chatter of the crowded tavern, Zaris could still tell what they were saying.

"You drink with that thing on?"

"Let's just say, pretty boy, that I run a messy business, and prefer that no one sees my face. But, to answer your question, pretty boy. No. I don't.”

Zaris took mental notes regarding that conversation, and it was the Hylian-in-Sheikah-garb's comments about her having a "messy business" and her preference to keep her face obscured that made him understand why Mirel was so defensive at first. Whatever it was she did for her job, it certainly wasn't pretty. In truth, Zaris was starting to feel a bit peckish himself, and so he elected to visit the bar and get something to eat. He collected the cloak off of Mirel and re-fastened it to his coat before storing away his journal. "Mirel, I'm going to go get some food for myself. I'm going to ask that you--"

Zaris was cut off as Mirel suddenly began to gently tug on his companion's cloak, as if he was urging Zaris not to go toward the young female. "I'll be okay, Mirel. You know I couldn't possibly allow any harm to befall the both of us." Zaris semi-forcefully pointed to Mirel, and then to the bed he was resting on. "Until I return, stay here, understand? If you want to get under the covers, then do so."

Mirel reluctantly obeyed and permitted Zaris to leave for a short while, though his eyes were nevertheless attached to him in a seemingly unbreakable stare as Zaris strode over to the bar counter.

As Zaris had seen how the male Sheikah had to pull up a stool in order to create seating of his own since the bar was practically full to capacity, he decided to do the same. Pulling up a stool of his own, he seated himself next to the Sheikah and produced a red Rupee from his belt-mounted pouch for when the owner would hopefully return to take both Zaris' order and the Sheikah's, as it seemed he was not waited on yet. It took several seconds for him to think of something to say in order to break the ice, but eventually he spoke to the young Sheikah with a soft frown: "Haven't seen a storm this bad in a long while. I normally don't spend the night at a stable like this, but on an evening like this... I can say I'm glad I did. It's much easier than foraging for food, even though my companion and I prefer to camp out in the wild. There are so many beautiful aspects of nature, you know. The fireflies glowing like myriad lanterns, the moon gazing down upon the world like an ever-present guardian, the songs of wild creatures in the still of night..." Realizing he was getting a bit carried away, Zaris stopped himself and turned his head toward the Sheikah, Zaris' amber orbs trying to meet the Sheikah's forest-green ones. "Oh, sorry. I kind of... gushed, there. That tends to happen more often than I would like. Such is the way of an adventurer with a pen in his hand, eh? I like to document my travels for the children back home to hear about, you see. They love a good adventure story."

Tags:
Arabella Marie Arabella Marie (Mention)
Oslonaut Oslonaut (Spoken Interaction)

N I R A - M O L D U G A
The frame of Riverside Stable rattled violently from thunder of a nearby lightning strike. Many of the patrons stopped what they were doing to see a towering silhouette standing at the open entrance. As the blinding flash of the lightning faded, the features of the odd stranger became clear. A short, lithe, Gerudo woman, though she still stood a couple inches taller the the tallest man there, stood there completely drenched and noticeably shivering. A faded blue cloak with cultural patterns and made of thin cloth had obviously done nothing to keep the water off of her or the bulk of gear she had strapped on underneath it. Despite her bright golden eyes and red brows being her only visible facial features, the woman looked to be grimacing beneath her ritual veil like she was a cat unhappy about being given a bath. As odd as it was to see a Gerudo outside their native lands it wasn't unheard of, so, after only a few seconds to take in the sight everyone went back to chatting or trying to sleep.

Nira scanned the crowded inn. She never liked sleeping around people, but she had never experienced so much rain before. She hadn't even known about rain until she first traveled away from her homeland, but this wasn't just a light drizzle. She imagined all of Lake Hylia had been magically teleported into the sky and was now crashing back down on top of them. It had been easy to handle the change of climate when it was only a small amount of rain. Nira could take the scorching heat of the Gerudo Desert any day, but this storm had her chilled completely to the bones. Survival had demanded she find dry shelter and one preferably with a fire.

As she looked around the room for potential threats, a habit Nira had developed living alone in the wild, she spotted a wild wolf laying in one of the beds. Her hand swiftly went to draw her bow, but stopped at just gripping the handle. No one else seemed to mind the wolf occupying a bed, much less even notice its presence. Nira was confused. The heat and dehydration in the desert could cause one to see mirages. Could freezing cause one to also see things? Regardless, real or not, it seemed placid at the moment. Nira though it best to still play it safe, though. She let her hand drop from the bow handle and awkwardly tried sneaking her way to the bar still shivering.

Reaching the owner standing behind the bad preparing a plate of food, Nira withdrew a string with three cleanly killed birds tied to it from under her cloak and plopped it on the countertop. Nira had almost no rupees, as she had little need for them when she was living of the land. She intended to trade what she had hunted before the storm in exchange for a bed for the night, but she always struggled to speak Hylian. The aging, wildly mustached man stared at the birds, perplexed, while Nira tried thinking of which words she knew could get her message across. She let out a "hmmmm...." to stall for more time to think as she occasionally glanced behind her at the wolf to ensure it wasn't sneaking up on her.

"M-me, want be-b-bed...you-u. Want-t b-birds?" Nira finally fumbled to say through her quivering lips. The stable owner wiped both his hands on a rag and then his face.

He then replied without any shame while twirling the end of his mustache with two fingers, "Lady, this ain't that kind of establishment. And I don't want your birds. Now you gonna buy anything?"

Annoyed, Nira yanked her hood back off her head as if it would make her words clearer. He had spoken fast enough that she hadn't understood a lot of what he had said, but she knew for sure that he had misunderstood. "No. Birds! Me t-t-take b-ed." Nira said forcefully.

"Ah..." the owner said rocking his head back finally understanding what Nira had meant. "I still don't want your birds. And beds cost rupees. Ru-pee-ees." he said slowly sounding out the word rupees. "We ain't got anymore beds anyways. We're all full. If you can find a seat you can stay until the rain stops." and with that the owner started working dutifully again.

Again, much of what he had said Nira didn't catch, but she knew the word rupee all too well. Want a bomb? Pay rupees. Kill a cow stranded in a area boxed off with wooden posts? Pay an angry man rupees. Everything costed rupees. Sure, they were pretty, but Nira didn't understand why everyone found them so much more valuable than monster bits, meat, or foraged ingredients. Still, she knew the man had rejected her offer. She grabbed the string of birds and tucked them back under her cloak and looked for a place near the fire to sit, but there were no seat left anywhere. Nira walked to a corner of the wall and sat leaning against it, trying to take up as small of space as possible and conserve heat.
(OOC: Could've gone on longer but it was already taking me too long to get my post out. I know she didn't really interact with anyone. Feel free to approach her if you want, but I got an idea for what she's going to do next post if no one does.)

uiFjIdm.png

R E M I E L

| | |

Pretty boy? Remiel had heard that manner of locker room talk before, but certainly not from what he perceived to be a young woman. He wondered briefly what the 'messy business' she was involved in could be. Bounty hunting, like him? Mercenary work? Tax collecting? Remiel watched as she took off her mask and gulped down her ale like it could evaporate at any second. The idea of anything specific and extraordinary, like employment as an assassin or the princess of a foreign country, was certainly out of the question. Those professions demanded more discretion than that, after all.

The moment it took for him to visually examine the details of her cloak and jewelry further was almost unnoticeable. Especially while she was busy attempting to flag down the proprietor, who was busy being pulled into a joyous group hug and caroling session by the Akkala merchants at the center of the tavern. Ignoring the slurred singing and stomping, Remiel shifted his dark green eyes back to her. "It doesn't look like you're getting his attention any time soon." There was a brief pause after that as another man sat down on a stool by the bar. Deciding he was feeling a little too cramped between them both, and not wanting to wait for his cup of coffee any longer, Remiel slid off his own stool and proceeded to round the corner that led behind the bar.

Any looks the female Hylian or the newcomer might have given him were casually ignored as he essentially made himself at home, reaching down into a cabinet for a coffee pot, then gathering everything he'd need to brew with it over the nearby wood-burning stove. The kitchenware clinked as he set it upon the counter. Just after Remiel managed to find a mason jar of coffee grounds, the young man who had approached earlier finally spoke. The dark-haired Sheikah looked up with his serious expression and listened. By the time he was done, Remiel had finished preparing the coffee pot and had nothing more to do than set it over the hearth. Their eyes met just before he turned to do so, with the other man apologizing for going on the way he did.

"You're... quite the poet." He nodded affirmatively, turning around and carefully fastening the coffee pot above the fire. Outside, lighting struck and thunder rattled the walls as yet another patron arrived at the Riverside Stable. Unlike the others, however, it took Remiel a handful of seconds to bother turning around to set eyes upon her. By then, the owner of the establishment had managed to escape the hands of his drunken customers and was now manning a bar directly across from theirs. Remiel faintly heard a bit of discussion from across the room, but not well enough to understand exactly what was going on. He imagined it had something to do with the dead birds on the man's countertop. But it wasn't his business, so he turned away and warmed his hands over the stove.

sheikah.jpg

Oh thank the Goddess. She thought as the dark haired man got up and proceeded over to the fire. Khalida hated company, but somehow his presence wasn’t Goddess awful. He was indeed a pretty boy in her opinion. The barkeep came over to her and refilled her ale and had her soup in hand. She thanked him, and, with her mask down, she took careful sips of her soup. She let out a small groan. This soup is delicious… She thought to herself and scarfed it down. The blonde Hylian wasn’t one to over do it, but there was something about that Sheikah-looking man that she wasn’t sure of. Her blue orbs peered over at him and the other dark-haired boy. “Hmmm,” she thought aloud as she took another sip.

Khalida had noticed the Gerudo woman walked in, but thought nothing of it until she threw dead birds on the counter. “How unsanitary,” she muttered under her breath as she took another long sip. She disregarded the woman and continued to drink until she was finished. With her last gulp, she sat the cup down and tossed two red rupees on the counter. Khalida got up, pushing her stool in, and began walking to the stable. It was about time she checked on Atlas.

Making her way into the storm, she covered her face and flipped her hood up. She noticed the stable boy and tossed him a red rupee. “I meant to give this to you earlier. I kinda forgot with the rain,” Khalida said with an apologetic smile. The boy nodded with understanding as he caught the rupee, and he continued with his duties. She walked over to the blue steed, who was munching on the hay within the stall. “Hey boy,” she whispered as she stroked his neck. He nickered in response and continued eating. She smiled and sat near him in the stall. Khalida pulled up her hood over her face more and closed her eyes, desperate for some rest.

quadraxis201 quadraxis201 Oslonaut Oslonaut ithinkcat ithinkcat

1575431967791.png

Zaris & Mirel

"Well, thank you." Zaris responded when the young Sheikah commented on how descriptive he was, even if he had gone on a tangent. As the Sheikah had gotten up, Zaris let him be for now. However, one item that did catch his eye as the Sheikah walked away was the ornamental dagger at his hip. Was that... a Hylian royal weapon? Perhaps there was more to him than Zaris first thought. Then, the Hylian female had decided to get up herself, but not before muttering to herself about how disgusting it was that yet another newcomer, this time a female Gerudo (though perhaps referring to her as "female" was a tad redundant, for Zaris had never actually seen a male Gerudo before), had literally thrown dead birds onto the countertop in an attempt to barter with the owner rather than paying him in Rupees.

Wait... dead birds? Was she a huntress?

Zaris' attention was drawn toward the conversation between the Gerudo and the owner, and after hearing what had transpired, he began to ponder. Judging by the Gerudo's use of somewhat-broken Hylian, he considered the possibility that she was more well-versed in the Gerudo language, but Gerudo was a tongue that Zaris himself was not too familiar with. After all, it was not that often that Zaris and his companion ventured to the Gerudo region of Hyrule. Even if they wanted to enter the Town and rest, they were always denied entry on account of being "voes", as the town guards had put it. In fact, the only time Zaris remembered visiting the desert at all was one time when he offered to help the Sand Seal minder patch up one of their animals just in time for a great race. On second thought, there was that one time the pair had wandered too close to Karusa Valley... but that was a story for another time.

Zaris scratched his chin as he considered speaking with the Gerudo huntress. She had caught not only his attention, but Mirel's attention as well, for the sight of the dead birds made the wolf lick his lips, even though Zaris would no doubt scold him if he did anything too invasive. Besides, Mirel could have sworn she was about to reach for a bow and shoot him at one point, so digging around in her cloak for those birds was a horrendous idea.

Holding a red Rupee up, Zaris attempted to flag down someone to order some of that meat soup. You could call him a weirdo, a freak, or any other such name, but Zaris had a thing for meat. Upon finally getting the owner's attention, he was told to wait a bit longer for the soup, though he was given a pint of ale in the meanwhile. "Any port in a storm, I suppose..." At the very least, the ale would calm his nerves a bit. After practically inhaling the ale and setting the glass down, Zaris returned to Mirel and sat down on the bed. He decided to return to the bar later when the soup was ready to be served again. "You see that, buddy? She wasn't so bad. I appreciate your concern, though." He stated, rubbing Mirel behind his ears. Then, both Hylian and Maraudo Wolf averted their gaze toward the Gerudo, who was now leaning against a corner by herself. "I might as well say something to her, y'know?" Zaris said to Mirel, his eyes turning towards him while his head remained static. "Want to come with me? If she sees you with me, perhaps she won't drive an arrow through your throat."

The pair got up from their bed and approached the Gerudo. Mirel chose to sit on his haunches and gently wag his tail as Zaris interacted with her, trying to get both pairs of yellowish eyes to meet. "
I know there aren't any spare beds, but if you want, I will give you Rupees for those birds so you may buy something in here. Would that be okay with you?" Zaris spoke slowly and with a number of accompanying gestures, such as pointing to her cloak where she had stored her fodder when he mentioned "birds" and the owner, as a way of helping to break through a potential language barrier. "My friend and I would gladly eat those birds on our own journeys, so that way they will be put to good use of our own." Zaris patted Mirel on the head when he mentioned the word "friend".

Tags:
Oslonaut Oslonaut (Brief interaction)
Arabella Marie Arabella Marie (Mention)
ithinkcat ithinkcat (Interaction)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back