• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Legend of Zelda: Chains of Time [Interest Check]

Oslonaut

wonders in revealing every obscured demon
Hey! So I've had an intense craving to role-play Legend of Zelda lately and was wondering whether anyone else was interested enough to join! As you can see, I've got a setting, premise, and timeline figured out down below. You'll be able to RP as most, if not all, the races found in Breath of the Wild. I've got a character application template ready-to-go once I establish a main page for the RP and its character sheets, too. If you have any questions or if you're simply interested, post below or DM me!

Character Application Thread: Here

P R E M I S E

It has been a few thousand years since the primal reincarnation of Malice known as Calamity Ganon was sealed away...

The existence of this entity, and the highly advanced technology used to defeat him, has been rendered as nothing more than legend and fairy tale. But, much like the courage of the hero, it need not be remembered... for it is never truly forgotten.

Sinister stirrings in Karusa Valley beget spikes in activity from the treacherous Yiga Clan. Members of the Sheikah tribe, the Hyrulean Army, the Gerudo clan, and the Royal Family are being targeted with ancient yet powerful relics. Those who look beneath the surface of these supposed assassination attempts, however, will find a greater conspiracy at hand...

A coalition of influential intellectuals and progressive politicians are now scrambling to save their own skins and bury the clues to a secret long kept. Their goal is clear: the Yiga Clan must never gain access to the Chains of Time...

Failure to achieve this goal could mean the end of Hyrule forever.

G U I D E L I N E S

1 — We are a semi-canon Legend of Zelda role-play taking place on the same continent as Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for the Nintendo Switch. Since our story takes place far after the Sheikah split into the Yiga Clan and far before Princess Zelda (as we know her in the game) was born, however, most if not all canon characters are restricted from being played. Please inquire with a staff member if you have any questions.

2 — Though we use the game map for Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild as a guideline to dictate our setting and its contents, we are not required to strictly adhere to the dimensions or state of the content shown in the game. This also ties into the time of our role-play, which takes place thousands of years before the events of the game.

3 — The three things that are encouraged and expected out of this role-play are as follows: a willingness and effort to (at least, eventually) have all your characters group together in some form or fashion, the ability to role-play without god-modding or making your character 'flawless', and the courtesy to post with consistency and quality. That means good grammar and no week-long waits for your posts if possible!

4 — No double-posting or general spamming. There is no word minimum on this role-play, but at least try to make one good paragraph per post to keep the story moving forward and to keep things interesting. Practice good co-writing courtesy! Whether that means adding more to a post or slimming it down to give the other character a chance to respond to things in a fluid and seamless manner, don't hesitate to communicate with the other participant(s) and do what is best for your role-play session as a whole.

T I M E L I N E

The History of Hyrule & Calamity Ganon:

The history of the royal family of Hyrule is also the history of Calamity Ganon, a primal evil that has endured over the ages. This evil has been turned back time and time again by a warrior wielding the soul of a hero, and a princess who carries the blood of the Goddess. With the passage of time, each conflict with Ganon faded into legend. So listen closely as I tell you of this “legend” that happened 10,000 years ago…

Hyrule was then blossoming as a highly advanced civilization. Even the most powerful monsters posed little threat to the denizens of the realm. The people thought it wise to utilize their technological prowess to ensure the safety of the land, should Calamity Ganon ever return. They constructed four mechanical wonders that came to be known as the Divine Beasts. They also built a legion of autonomous weapons called Guardians. The Divine Beasts were piloted by four individuals of exceptional skill from across the land. And thus, the plan to neutralize Ganon was forged.

Upon Ganon’s inevitable return to Hyrule, the princess and the hero fought alongside these four champions against this ancient evil. The Guardians were tasked with protecting the hero as the Divine Beasts unleashed a furious attack upon their terrible foe. And when the hero wielding the sword that seals the darkness delivered his final blow, the princess used her sacred power to seal away Calamity Ganon.

The New Bronze Age:

After the ancient princess and chosen hero sealed away Calamity Ganon, the Royal Family of Hyrule turned their attention to the Sheikah tribe. Though widely known for their accomplishments in creating amazing technology, which had created an era of historical peace before Calamity Ganon's reemergence, the people of Hyrule also grew to greatly fear the ramifications of such technology being misused. Consequently, the kingdom's fear led them to outcast the once-proud tribe and heed the Royal Family's concerns: to bury the technology and the Divine Beasts deep within the land should Ganon ever return again.

These events also caused much bitterness and eventually led to a schism within the Sheikah tribe, as many members believed that the Royal Family mistreated them and defected to form the Yiga Clan, which swore loyalty to Calamity Ganon, whom they believed would have much more respect for their abilities and technology.

A few thousand years have passed since then...

The lands are still settled by populous tribes, villages, and towns— albeit under more primitive conditions than their ancestors. Hyrule Castle Town is the closest thing to a bustling capital on the continent, with the nearby Exchange Outpost being its most major hub of trade and commerce. Even individuals from the other races of Hyrule, who mostly keep to themselves in their corners of the continent, come here to mingle for business.

Despite these boons, King Sechram Filligut Hyrule has left his people wanting. He has been dubbed the 'Shut-In King' for keeping himself locked away in the confines of his castle while the rich take advantage of the poor in his kingdom. Furthermore, he has amassed a great deal of wealth while his military is left to fend off daily monster attacks with poorly funded weaponry and armor. Never before has Hyrule had such a lackadaisical king and word is being spread about replacing him with a more fitting member of the royal family...

Meanwhile, after so long a time, the story of Calamity Ganon and the heroes who sealed him away has faded into legend and myth. This has included the existence of advanced technology in the past, of which only some of the highest ranking Hyrule royalty and Sheikah even know about or possess. Word has spread of the clandestine Yiga Clan unlocking a treasure trove of this mysterious technology, however. And the consequences that could have on Hyrule, amidst a rise in monster attacks and possible revolution, could be utterly disastrous...

Last edited:
I too have been looking for a Zelda RP, since I was in one a while ago that unfortunately fell apart before it could really get off the ground. 🙁

That said, I'd be up for something like this! 🙂

What I would also like to know is where the RP would be starting off so our characters have a place to meet up. I was thinking of introducing a Hylian character myself, possibly as a beastmaster who travels with a Maraudos Wolf that he tamed.

I too have been looking for a Zelda RP, since I was in one a while ago that unfortunately fell apart before it could really get off the ground. 🙁

That said, I'd be up for something like this! 🙂

What I would also like to know is where the RP would be starting off so our characters have a place to meet up. I was thinking of introducing a Hylian character myself, possibly as a beastmaster who travels with a Maraudos Wolf that he tamed.
Sweet! I've never even participated in one despite my love for the series and my 5+ years RP'ing so I'm stoked haha.

Your character concept sounds cool. *o* This might sound a bit generic but, without character backgrounds to go off (yet), I was thinking about having our story start at one of the Stable Houses. Maybe Riverside Stable? Our characters could each have rented a bed there (whether by coincidence or not, who knooows) and then I can GM some stuff that goes thrusts them right into the thick of the story. If you have any ideas, though, I'm totally open to hear them!

Sweet! I've never even participated in one despite my love for the series and my 5+ years RP'ing so I'm stoked haha.

Your character concept sounds cool. *o* This might sound a bit generic but, without character backgrounds to go off (yet), I was thinking about having our story start at one of the Stable Houses. Maybe Riverside Stable? Our characters could each have rented a bed there (whether by coincidence or not, who knooows) and then I can GM some stuff that goes thrusts them right into the thick of the story. If you have any ideas, though, I'm totally open to hear them!

I'd be okay with a Stable as our starting point.

I’d be extremely interested in a LoZ RP!! I usually stray away from fandom RP, but I’m a pretty big fan of the series. Don’t know why I’ve never considered RPing one haha. If there’s still room, I would be glad to give this a go.

Awesome! There's definitely still room. I'll get to work on setting up the character application page and tag you guys!

I'm interested as well. First character concept that pops into my head is a Gerudo huntress with a bow traveling the world to try and slay the most elusive and dangerous beasts, and perhaps, to one day track down the most elusive prey of all--a worthy mate to kidnap and take home.

i'm excited to see them interact, too. D=

EDIT: ahhh just finished reading both your profiles in their entirety ithinkcat ithinkcat and quadraxis201 quadraxis201 ! superb job. i'm lucky to have nabbed two good writers for this right off the bat. ;w; (headed to work rn but will approve them when I get back!)

Last edited:
Kinda want to try a Rito character but obviously faceclaims for non-human peeps aren't the easiest to find and I'm not keen on snatching up random stuff off someone's deviantart page.

I've always wanted to be a part of a LoZ roleplay! Favorite game series ever! SOOOO im interested. I love Zoras so maybe that an a hylian? How will I ever pick?

Kinda want to try a Rito character but obviously faceclaims for non-human peeps aren't the easiest to find and I'm not keen on snatching up random stuff off someone's deviantart page.
hmm. there's really only two (maybe three) ways that I can see getting around this: 1) drawing up your own FC or 2) ripping one straight from the game through screenshots, assuming you have that and a Switch to play it on. alternatively, you can look around for Nintendo FC's from guidebooks and stuff! if you decide otherwise, pinterest and deviantart are good places to find them, but it's best to ask for permission from the artist if at all possible.

This still open?
definitely! we haven't started yet but we should be soon.
I've always wanted to be a part of a LoZ roleplay! Favorite game series ever! SOOOO im interested. I love Zoras so maybe that an a hylian? How will I ever pick?
haha I love your enthusiasm! I had trouble picking too but I'm sure the inspiration will hit you! right now it looks like we'll be in need of either a Zora or Hylian, so your ideas so far work well with that!

Oslonaut Oslonaut Is it ok if my character is a Bilbo Baggins style adventurer? You know, the man who lives a simple lifestyle and has no desire for an adventure but has one shoved upon him? Except, he is the son of a Miller who seems to have little inclination towards heroics and adventure?

Oslonaut Oslonaut Is it ok if my character is a Bilbo Baggins style adventurer? You know, the man who lives a simple lifestyle and has no desire for an adventure but has one shoved upon him? Except, he is the son of a Miller who seems to have little inclination towards heroics and adventure?
totally! we're starting our RP in a tavern, though, so we might just have to pick him/her up along the way maybe? or you can figure something out that puts your character in that time/place prior to us roping him/her into our adventure. let us know!

Hmm! I'll work on a character sheet today. I might have just the idea! Ranger/Rogue Hylian found by the Sheikah (Kakariko Village) and raised along with the tribe. I'll be working out kinks once I type it up.

Hmm! I'll work on a character sheet today. I might have just the idea! Ranger/Rogue Hylian found by the Sheikah (Kakariko Village) and raised along with the tribe. I'll be working out kinks once I type it up.
My character is a Sheikah raised by a Hylian, so it'll be interesting to see them interact for sure! Looking forward to having you here. =]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back