• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
greedling_banner.png

At the instant of the word 'idiot', Asuka's silhouette is overlaid with another in Ling Yao's mind. He can practically see the metal arm, the ponytail, the begrudging acknowledgement of kinship. Thus, he knows better than to push his luck.

"Your wish is my command," Ling replies sheepishly, holding his palm up as if swearing an oath. "He'll be fine, you have my word on it. I don't know if our Medic friend's all there in the head, but I can't discount his talent. Even if he got hurt, he'll be fixed up in no time."

Ling pauses, thinks over his next move. He finally sips his drink, sets it down and clasps his hands together on the tabletop.

"How do you know each other, anyway?"

Best not to test the waters too much.

Twice Knightly Twice Knightly

She almost smiles at that. She's happy that idiot is okay... truly. If he got hurt, all because she was weak enough to let that hündin control her mind... Asuka doesn't know what she'd do. A part of her still feels like he'd deserve it, after how he left her to fight off the Prototype Series. But she quickly pushes those thoughts aside. She can't be thinking like that, especially not now, not anymore. Even if she wants to, even if it's still in her nature to think that way, she knows she shouldn't. She doesn't want to be that person anymore...

"How do I know him...?" she repeats the question quietly, as if she hadn't heard him. But she'd heard him perfectly. She just isn't sure how she should answer that. How does she tell anyone something like that? Let alone in a way that sounds remotely believable? Sure, this man may be two people taking over the same body... and now they're all trying to save the entire Multiverse, after getting mind-controlled by a brat and forced into in some kind of limbo hell. Putting that into perspective, it doesn't sound that weird... but still.

RxmcCe3unOq4jsmJSTME3HYYzdGTup0Q-8eCVxbcGEA.jpg

"We worked together," she answers him flatly, and though she tries to keep her avoidance of the topic subtle, the way she quickly looks down and returns to her drink is anything but.

It's just not a story she's keen on revisiting.

allegedlydave allegedlydave

greedling_banner.png

A voice inside Ling Yao's head grumbles.

"Ohhhhh, brother... alright, tag me in. I'll set this straight."

"Not a chance in hell."

"Seriously?! You're not tellin' me you wanna put up with whatever the goddamn pipsqueak and his goo-goo eyes mechanic girlfriend had going on again, right?"

"We both know you're horrible with people, so leave that side to me. She'll just clam up if we push her now."

"...Fine. Don't say I didn't try if our head gets caved in with a wrench again, 'kay?"

In the real world, Ling simply nods and sips at his drink. A slight hesitation is all that could betray the acuity with which he sees through Asuka's omissions.

"Jobs at your age? Don't see that every day... then again, I guess I wouldn't. Being a prince, that wasn't really expected of me. It was work enough shaking off assassins and suitors, though. I've gotten pretty good at telling which is which."

Twice Knightly Twice Knightly

b1e1f9b16fcc772106b188739c8e8126.png
IMG_3249.gif
Oh thank God the flames were put out in the end - Raz was admittedly worried that things wouldn't work out!

Though, that relief was short-lived as the mind control is worn off (albeit by punching what turned out to be a kid not much older than he was) and Bill makes his reveal. He tenses up but keeps a brave face, but as soon as the Cipher dropped the act, everyone else was dropped elsewhere!

Raz wakes up with a groan, looking around as he lifts his goggles to get a better view of the area. He gets up and dusts himself off, grimacing as he looks to the worn-out folks around him. "Is everyone okay?" Everyone was still standing, at least, but he was still worried.

At least with Ford's entrance and guidance, they had a chance to rest!

The Junior Psychonaut looks around the town as they make their way to the bar, but refrains from entering the establishment - he's pretty sure he's too young for that, anyways.

As Stanford steps to the side, Raz ends up following! Would be worth it to at least thank the author for the help, right? Maybe pry a bit about how Ford got here too... clearly he's familiar with Bill, right?

"Wait, hang on!" Raz calls after Ford, skidding to a stop in front of him. "First off, thanks for helping us get to town. We weren't in the best shape after a fight everyone got into... well, it was multiple fights in one, and lots of fire- but my point stands, the help was appreciated!" He smiles up at the author, hands on his hips - though his expression does become more curious after that.

"Second... how well do you know that Bill guy? Did he send you here too? Why?" Raz hoped he wasn't asking too much at once.​

I5nZz18.png

"I see... talk about generous" He spoke in response with some praise in his voice, before accepting the rag with a smile and standing up from his seat.
"Oh and, if possible, I would like a bottle of red wine from an older batch, but one that has good tones of sweetness." He flashes Podley a thankful smile before leaving for a moment.

Getting to Leo, he simply extends his right hand with the clear rag on it, placed on top of his palm.
"Here. If you need another one, just let me know. I still owe you for all your help" Flashing a kind smile to the young man, Hershel finally gives him a small wave and goes back to his sit, hopefully having a bottle of wine to pass the time now

Interactions: Leo and GM ( Twice Knightly Twice Knightly )

Last edited:
Josuke_banner_720.png
"Wish I tore him apart. Planning to fix that."

Josuke has had a lot of time to calm down, but... he still really wants to see Bill's stupid eye punched after what he just put him through. It's like that damn triangle was trying to piss him off, and it's even more annoying that it actually worked.

"He got me too, but then that girl he had said some stupid crap. So I, ah... well, I made sure it wouldn't happen again?"

A sheepish laugh rings out from him, and he notably does not elaborate. He hopes he does not have to elaborate. It's something of a point of shame if he thinks about it for more than a few seconds, and he doubts he's going to feel better until he punches that triangle square in the eye. The rest of that... was a bit of a haze. He wasn't really paying much attention, he just really wanted to get a good shot on him... by the time he caught up to himself, it was already too late for that.

He purses his lips, then, and his voice suddenly lowers.

"I'm too young to drink, but can anyone get me one anyway? I feel like this is my only shot."

"I said I was twenty-four," Dorothy repeats, as though that were the main point of what she was asked, "and a sex worker." She says it all to Micah with the most easygoing smile possibly imaginable, as though what she said isn't astoundingly disturbing with the context of the mere act of looking at her. It's like she doesn't even acknowledge the vast difference between how she looks and what she says she is at all.

"Why? Interested?"

She leans in towards Micah a little -- and yet she does no more than that.

2560px-Black_Rock_Shooter_logo.svg.png

378-3784488_brs-main-black-rock-shooter-png.png

Well, there's not much, but at least it's not nothing. She's not sure what she could even do with any of the options here, when she spots the individual buildings nearby. The shop would be good, if she had any form of currency - never mind if they accept it. The inn might be useful, but is it even a good idea to go there now to get some rest in and miss out on everything? She dismissed that thought for now - thus leaving the bar, which she has no interest in, and that left the last, large building. The dead, lifeless and leafless trees did not help to change her mind - there was nothing of value she can even identify from such plants that were present throughout the village. She sighed, shook her head, and decided to approach the large building she saw - thinking it was the best use of her time. Hopefully, whoever just so happens to be there isn't too disrupted or interrupted by her sudden arrival.
Hex Code: #487ea8
Font: Tahoma
Status (physically): Fine (injured)
Status (mentally/emotionally): Fine
Items: Rock Cannon (inactive), Black Blade (inactive), Watch (activated earlier, on right wrist)
Skills/Abilities: Superhuman strength, speed, and durability
Course of action: Exploring Twilight Town
Interactions: Twice Knightly Twice Knightly (GM)
Mentions: N/A
Nearby/In Group: Pretty much everyone

• Aloy, the Nora Warrior-

1702349532713.jpeg

Aloy blinked and pushed herself up with annoyance on her face. "Ugh, what happened?"

The Nora warrior found herself staring at the items still on her person and noticed the Icerail gone after she checked herself for various scrapes and other aliments first in this new world once she found herself away from the strange area from the talking triangle that snapped his fingers. This was becoming familiar... right?"

The last thing she remembered was Kass visibly knocking her out and then appearing in a town named Twilight. Her head hurt, a weapon was missing but she'd assess the missing things later, she'd find answers now.

Not really into the bar, she went to look around Twilight Town, searching for locations for now.

She'd go exploring the town for now.

FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla (Passiing ref to Kassandra, Twice Knightly Twice Knightly ?

[tab=Marius Titus]

[/tab]

(Note: Clovis' origin comic is not for anyone under 18+ due to mature themes! Please don't read it if under 18!)

CLOVIS AND ILLUMINA
Interactions: Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara (Lana) | Twice Knightly Twice Knightly (Stanford; eavesdropping) | brandy-schmandy brandy-schmandy (Raz; eavesdropping)
Mentions: Twice Knightly Twice Knightly (Asuka) | Sir Skrubbins Sir Skrubbins (Frank West)
Around: Most, if not everyone

1702414461387.png

So! Long story short, Bill Cipher sends all of us to some weird dreamland. But it's nowhere near as bad as the last time I was sent somewhere like this! Haha! No lava pits or shadow blobs in sight! Plus, everyone in the group's here and we get a free stay in a town, so who can complain? I'm going to have some run some customary checks on how safe this place really is soon, though! An explorer can never be too careful, that's what Ampharos always says!

Now, speaking of explorers: while I'd love to let my adventurous side take over and start mapping out the general area, first thing's first: making sure everyone's okay. That girl with the eyepatch and the reporter guy are both... fine, from the looks of it. Not trying to fight us anymore, that's for sure! And it doesn't seem like their injuries really carried over, from what I can tell, apart from having a headache. Everyone else who was controlled by Mabel seems to be in the same boat. That means no one else has to get beat up! Isn't that fun? Now there's only one order of business to take care of...

"Lana? Hey, where are you?"

I start scouring the crowd to find that Braixen, weaving between everyone's legs and leaping way over some shoulders.

1702414872500.png

Clovis, meanwhile, turns his gaze over to that cheerful, old fellow, Stanford. As the man who warmly welcomed them to this new... dimension and led them to this (admittedly dreadful looking) town, the Keidran figures he might be best fitted to answering questions about this place. And, perhaps, that Bill Cipher as a whole. After seeing his power at work, the halfbreed can't help but wonder just how strong that triangle is. He could rival Nora in power... maybe even the Masks. Perhaps... even surpass them. How he shivers in excitement at the thought... and what implications for the future it holds.

He must know more. He must know everything there is to know.

The prince steps a little closer to Stanford, who is currently already being interrogated by that 'Raz' child, a glint of excitement in his eyes. For now, he won't be interrupting the boy's questioning, and instead remaining just within earshot, if only to hear their conversation.

While he listens, Clovis quietly tries to sense what magic is at play here. Maybe he can find a source, like he did back in Gravity Falls.

Maybe this town isn't what it seems.​

Last edited:
Lana

Lana slowly pushed herself off the ground, helping her sit up as she rubbed her head. Her head throbbed with pain. Maybe being mind controlled and magically transported somewhere just sorta does that to you…. Or maybe she just had a random headache. What happened exactly? Where was she? Was she dreaming? She pinched herself just to be sure. Yep, that definitely hurt. Only then did she realize she didn’t need to do that since she already felt the pain from the headache…

She turned her head from side to side taking notice of her surroundings. A place like this felt almost… familiar. She couldn’t understand why though. Before she could think anymore about it, she heard a voice calling out to her. She turned her head to see Lumi looking for her.

….Oh yeah…. She tried to kill him earlier. She might not have been in full control of herself, but it was still something she tried to do. What if she tried to do it again? What if she isn’t actually in control of herself still? She was worried about the possibility even if it was unlikely. She felt too guilty to call out to him and get his attention, but he was pretty close and could probably notice her himself pretty soon.

CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow

Medic
Interactions: Twice Knightly Twice Knightly (Asuka) allegedlydave allegedlydave (Ling)
Medic's Font = Germania One
medic3.png
"Zhere you are! I was looking for you two!"

A broad, distinguished accent suddenly filled the room - its source by now unmistakable. A gloved hand soon found itself on the shoulder of both Ling and Asuka, accompanied with the smiling face of the good doctor. He, at least, seemed no worse for wear.

"Remind me not to get in a fight with you again, Asuka," he joked, turning to face her directly. "I don't have too many spare heads, you know - if you managed to knock my head off, zhe bird head is probably the only one that would fit. Trust me - zhat procedure is excruciating, ho ho!"

Medic laughed heartily, before suddenly withdrawing his hands from their shoulders. His expression, jovial and affable a mere moment ago, now appeared to wear a much greater degree of concern - drawing his eyebrows together while he carefully observed Asuka's condition.

"Anyway, how are you feeling? Any soreness or difficulty breathing? My apologies for everything back zhere. Here,"

Unholstering his Kritzkrieg from his backpack, he once again took aim and pushed the lever forward - and those familiarly incomprehensible beams of ethereal red light began to pour out of the nozzle. Upon making contact with Asuka, all of her aches, pains and bruises would vanish in an instant - just as they had back in Wakanda. It was like a nice, cool breeze on a warm summer afternoon - even her lethargy would find itself melting away.

"Ah, Eiskaffee on zhe rocks!" Medic exclaimed, stowing away his device. "You have good taste, my friend. I would partake myself, but I should stay frosty. Given zhe circumstances, we're lucky I haven't had to perform any surgeries yet."

medicyeah.png

"Did you know zhat the human liver can regrow completely from as little as ten percent of its size in less zhan a year? I work with a man back home who's well into his drink, but I could never quite wean him off the isopropanol. You should see his liver - his regeneration rate is a world record. With only three months of regular extractions, I manged to fill my whole fridge with his liver's samples, and I have a very big fridge."

Medic chuckled softly and shook his head before turning to face Ling, wearing a grin that was positively ecstatic.

"Ah, and you! Ha-ha, what did you think of zhat? Stupendous work out zhere, my friend. I'm impressed!"

It didn't seem like he was aware that he wasn't talking to the one who did the deed yet. He'd only just got here, after all.​

Last edited:
mori crop.png
CS

Something made Reverentia doubt "I made it myself" meant Blake hammering away at the blade in a forge. The weapon seemed special, personal, in a way not dissimilar to Reverentia's own mask. She quietly wished to not be on the other end of its blade again, as, while she may have been lucky this time, she doubted she would be rescued by any beautiful sorceresses a second time, should a possessed Blake try to take her head once more. As for in the moment, though, Reverentia simply nodded in acknowledgment, her brief exchange of apologies over with the Faunus. In her silence, she made a mental note to keep a watchful eye out over Blake for the rest of their adventure. The next time Blake needed help, she would have it.

Minthara's seeming almost amusement at Reverentia's probing was neither here nor there, only her answers truly mattered. Now, the last dream nightmare prison had been created by someone who knew almost everything about her -- but her mask laid dormant on her face, ever slumbering as it had for so many months before it awoke and captured her. For now, she decided to trust that this was the real Minthara, just in unusually high spirits, given the dire circumstances. "I'm glad you made it out of there alright." Her suspicious scowl relaxed into her usual, not-for-any-specific-reason scowl as she spoke, her tone losing some of its bite. Calling Minthara her friend -- or anyone present, really -- would've been a stretch, given the short time together, but she nevertheless would not have wanted to see her hurt.

"It wasn't just us. The twins, manipulated by Bill, made almost everyone fight to prevent the escape of some... interstellar madman." It all still didn't sound real to her, and she was there mere minutes ago. "It wasn't just us that fought. Everyone did. We're lucky, no one else seems notably hurt." A wave of sheepishness washed over her as she shifted her weight and shot another apologetic look at Blake, as seemingly one of the only people who hadn't managed to subdue her opponent without causing some sort of legitimate physical harm. "Nonlethal" was something Reverentia did often, but "gentle?" Absolutely not. When she fought, she broke jaws, slammed heads into concrete, shattered ribs. That was Reverentia being gentle.

She could sense a similar guilt coming from Josuke. That feeling when one loses their head and goes to excess. It was something she was deeply familiar with, but he was young enough that the thought of him experiencing it made Reverentia grimace under her mask. Just because she'd been his (apparent) age when she started all her career didn't mean she wished that on him. For now, she just reached over and placed a firm hand on his shoulder. "Vengeance is sacred, Josuke. You will have your chance."

Things only got worse from there, though. Upon Josuke confirming he was underage, Reverentia's gaze shifted to him again. He seemed young before, true, but that didn't make it any less distressing to have her suspicions confirmed. He was, indeed, someone not even old enough to drink in a life-or-death battle for the multiverse, a thought that made her skin crawl. On the other, less serious side of things, his participation in that battle didn't make Josuke's presence in a bar where a sex worker was soliciting someone any less uncomfortable. Looking up at the bartender before anyone else could answer and potentially give Josuke something alcoholic, Reverentia called to the bartender, "Roy Rogers for the kid." It was a mocktail, but she was counting Josuke not knowing the difference.

megar megar (Josuke) isupposeimphi isupposeimphi (Blake) Jeremiah Jeremiah (Minthara) Twice Knightly Twice Knightly (GM)​

Last edited:
Orbeck of Vinheim1.png

orbeck-fanart-by-me-v0-dvgfi1iddqd91.jpg

As it stands, the break would be appreciated.

(Fanart by atomicjest on Reddit)
So as the entriey that was Toayi was put to rest by the efforts of the duke, Leo, and himself. The rest of the group were able to finish off their confrontation with the unfortunate mind-controlled individuals. Even the more immediate threat of Lobo being set free was eliminated by Kassandra's aid, and even the very onlookers themselves where...somehow, unharmed. If anything it looked as if Mabel was going to proceed with yet another one of those twisted acts, until a man in a ridiculous pompadour somehow broke free of her control (or was blinded by absolute rage) and proceeded to watch, burned all over as he is, the following events.

txYHHAi8aGCaCR7nLBIUDsPkYJ3IEQEHzWn3iuf6DLDP98zm05zzPk2norIxpOHy6XJ9J44PyrjJXCS5QAxFxfwlMvQxob41NYn7JUhLxGBb8zrZnKPGm_EQIPhaUNirAOjX7icI5EJU4Ya-vqW-Qa0

"DORARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARA...!"

There is no time for Mabel to move, let alone think. Blow after blow strikes her body, much to her brother’s equally rare shock. Josuke is ruthless in his assault, and he gives her no time to process the attack before it’s already over. By the end of it all, Mabel Gleeful is left on the stage floor, battered and broken, lying in a pool of her blood. Try as she might, she can’t muster up the energy to do anything but whimper.

“Y-you…” Dipper has since rushed over to her side, and now he looks back at Josuke with teary eyes and grit teeth. “Who in the HELL do you think you are!?”

"I already told you, didn't I!? I'm Josuke Higashikata, and I won't ever let anybody say stupid shit about my hair!"

Orbeck, like the majority of people here, would only see Mable being pumped into a bloody mess by an invisible force. Sadly being a sorcerer in soul-based sorcery does not grant the means to bare witness to stands. That event on its own just gives away Will's...oh wait, BILL's presence. Byakuya was the one who fortunately made this apparent. Bill made his so-called congratulations for getting past his cruel excuse of entertainment. Poked fun at Frank's diema regarding the last incident, and poked fun at Josuke Higashikata. The only other thing of note was the lack of acknowledgement from Bill, Would have been a ideal time for Bill to poke fun at his former...occupation, so to speak. But no acknowledgment is better than any with such a being.

“WELL, ANYWAY,” and then he keeps talking like nothing happened. “I’D LOVE TO STAY AND ARGUE WITH YOU GUYS ABOUT ‘MORALITY’ OR WHATEVER, BUT I’VE GOTTA FIND A NEW WAY TO KEEP MYSELF ENTERTAINED SINCE YOU ALL BROKE THIS ONE. SO I THINK I’M JUST GONNA TOY WITH YOU ALL IN THE NIGHTMARE REALM FOR A WHILE.”

Then there was nothing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

“I’m glad to see you all made it in one piece. I’m Stanford Pines - but for convenience's sake, you can just call me Ford.”

Frank jolts backward, stupefied. “Ford?!” He exclaims, just about sprinting over to the newcomer before patting his arms down as if to check if he is real. “Is that seriously you? When did you - how did you - ?” Frank stopped himself, looking to the ground in shame. He knew the answer to both of those questions. But before he can say anything else, he feels a six-fingered hand rest on his shoulder, and he looks up to meet a smiling gaze.

“It’s a very long, very convoluted story - I assure you,” he says.

And long it was. They awoke to the very same Nightmare Realm that those few "murderers" of events past were banished to. They meet up with Stan Pines's brother and his assistant and where leader to the coincidentally named Twilight town. Where they were left to their own divorce to explore a Bar and an inn. There was a part of Orbeck who wanted to meet up with Ford to ask how he knew about the conflict with Ganondorf, more so with Clovis doing exactly that. But, there will be time for questions later. Now, he might as well reacquaint himself with a few of his fellows. Just one thing had to be done first, he was still covered in patches of burns. Nothing significant, but still. With the last of his focuses, he used the Repair speel on his clothing. just a slight golden hew watched over his clothing as the firey damaged was undone in moments. With that he heads inside the bar.
Dorothy_Haze.png

"But I am a sex worker, yes." She pauses for a moment... and then nods to herself. "I'm twenty-four, before you ask."

And from there, a few more questions arrived. Like the oddly familiar android just conversing with Red Hood about the work of a prostitute. But as he told himself, there will be time for questions later.

"Oh and, if possible, I would like a bottle of red wine from an older batch, but one that has good tones of sweetness." He flashes Podley a thankful smile before leaving for a moment.

"You won't mind if I join you Hershel?" he asked. "I would have wished to meet in more fortunate circumstances, but I am glad to see you and Sage still standing, despite the meddling of Bill," he said.

To the bean-shaped bartender, Podley, he would make one request "Can I get a Siegbräu please, if not then a water is fine." he requested.
yes, Siegbräu. Supposedly some beer was concocted by a Catarina knight. A name, that our sorcerer is ignorant of, that means "victory brew" in German. Would have been a somewhat odd thing to request if Asuka overheard. But what are the chances they would have that?

"So how have you two been since we last met?"

Twice Knightly Twice Knightly Thexcentrichilean Thexcentrichilean megar megar

he.png
The Wanderer
Interactions: Twice Knightly Twice Knightly (GM)
Invitation to Interact: CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow (Clovis), Miso_Tofu2.0 Miso_Tofu2.0 (Nolan Grayson)

A series of quiet clicks and cracks echoed from Wanderer's limbs as he finally found himself able to move again. He flexed his fingers carefully to ensure everything was back in working condition, then sighed. At what specifically was hard to tell even for himself.

Becoming controlled was a start. While he certainly didn't blame himself for falling victim to the practically unavoidable psychic attack, he was angry at the twins for the idiocy they'd done with his body. That being versions that'd been on that stage, however real they were. Whether or not he could fault the twins that were currently were with them for that show was still a question. And perhaps one Wanderer didn't care about the answer to. Lording the facts of the tent over children like that was a bit much, even for him.

Having his limbs frozen was the second thing that came to mind. Well, not specifically the act of being frozen. What Clovis had done was an acceptable solution, discomfort or not. It would've been stupid to do anything less. It was more the aftermath of such that irritated him, with Clovis' rambling over his body. Nothing short of condescending and utterly dumb. For a moment Wanderer had dared to offer Clovis his respect for the way he handled the situation, but it died almost as quickly as it ever lived. Almost impressive, in its own brainless way.

Beyond Clovis' arrogance, he held a special contempt for the state he'd been in for the appearance of bill. Wanderer thought he had every right to be annoyed about being unable to react during that. Laying there to do nothing while that shape drawled on in that awful voice was akin to torture. He had wanted nothing more than to say anything at all while his jaw was uselessly frozen together, left uselessly to glare daggers before being dropped into the Nightmare Realm.

Speaking of which.

This barren dump could've made some of Sumeru's deserts envious with how comparatively destitute this place was. Under better circumstances, he could've laughed. For now however, it was merely a reminder of every step he'd taken to wind up here.

And every hit Wanderer had taken.

As he stood, he felt the familiar sting of the bullet in his leg. The cold had done a lot to worsen the pain, but it still continued to hurt. Much worse, in fact, than many of the other hits he'd taken in fighting Clovis. Which was still much better than some of the others had done. While he figured one of these medics could mend him, it was for the best to leave their healing to those people first.

In the meantime, however, he could still probably manage to remove the still-stuck bullet. Using Anemo to float upwards, Wanderer sat on the edge of one of the roofs of this town's excuse for buildings, facing away from the path. Wanderer lowered one of his hands downwards to where the bullet had struck, and created a vacuum using Anemo power as he curled his fingers. It took a bit of effort, but eventually his jaw clenched in pain as the bullet was pulled from the awkward gouge it'd gotten stuck in. He glanced at the freed bullet only once before it uselessly clattered to the ground below, to which he didn't give it so much as a second glance. With the bullet removed, the wound stung less but still continued to sting. Not as painful as a human would feel, but still marked with the awkward gouge dented into his "skin".

His gaze avoided that injury as he adjusted where he sat, this time moving to face the paths the group moved on below. Alcohol was a distraction the Wanderer didn't need, and he could think of nowhere better to be. So he simply watched with a bored glare, seeing how they moved about below.

That makes Asuka perk up a little. You don't really hear about royalty anymore, back in her world. Even before Third Impact... that all kind of stopped mattering after Second Impact when NERV came into the picture. There were world governments still above them, of course... but the Pilots were all anyone really cared about once the program had been in full effect. It's why she seems less in awe to be in his presence, and more so just interested. It's like she's sitting next to a relic of a bygone era... which she should have supposed would be the case during something like this.

tumblr_oh2h1l4ZwF1vy2tgqo4_100.pnj

"There just wasn't anyone else for the job," she flatly responds once that bout of interest wanes. There was a time when she would have said more. Bragged about how she had the first combat-ready unit, or how she was known worldwide for having the highest sync ratio of any pilot. These facts used to be badges of honor for her... but now she just can't bring herself to care. It really was a pointless endeavor, in the end. She glances down at her mug and bring her finger to the rem, idly dragging it around. Just as she opens her mouth to say something else, though, a large hand falls on her shoulder and a familiar voice greets her.

tumblr_pm0d65hlJQ1u1ycqw_100.jpg

"...sorry about that," she apologizes, almost sheepishly. There was probably nothing she could have done about it... but still. The fact that it happened in the first place rubs her still-proud side the wrong way. When asked about how she's feeling, though, Asuka just shrugs her stiff shoulders, "It's pretty sore... but the drink's helping."

She was about to tell him that she'd be fine, that she didn't need him to go through any trouble for her. But before she could even get the words out, he'd already gone and pulled out his weird... healing-machine-thing. She winces slightly as the familiar sensation washes over her. It's a calming sensation, feeling all of her bones and muscles simultaneously loosen right up. But she still isn't used to it, nor is she used to the technology. It's still all too strange, having something decades more advanced than even the EVA Units not only at their disposal but compacted into what's essentially this man's backpack.

She can't help but smile a little when her taste in drinks is complimented - even if it's followed up by a pretty gross story. Not that Asuka is really put off by it. She's dealt with her own entrails spilling out of her body... so this is mildly disgusting at the most. She even finds herself laughing along with it as she downs her next sip.

"I'm surprised he's even functional," she eventually responds as she lowers the mug. "Back home, the... woman I used to live with," she doesn't really want to admit the proper term would be "caretaker" while she's downing a pint of hard German liquor, "she was a pretty big drinker, too. Though she hardly had a taste for the good stuff. Her entire diet mostly consisted of instant noodles and cheap beer."

The fact that Misato still went into work every morning, commanded them, and remained in great shape despite all that still astonishes her to this day.

allegedlydave allegedlydave Sir Skrubbins Sir Skrubbins

Ford had still been writing in his journal when Raz approached him. When the boy speaks, though, Ford immediately closes it up and lowers it, greeting him with a smile.

tumblr_inline_p4i8vrTSYY1tn081i_500.png

"Ah! Hey there. I suppose I shouldn't have expected you to enter the bar at your age," Ford says in a bit of an awkward tone, before immediately clearing his throat. "But it was no trouble - really. I'm just happy you all seemed to survive it unscathed. It's not too often that people encounter Bill and live to tell the tale." He brings his hand to his chin for a moment - at which point Raz can immediately take note of his six fingers. "Still... the fact that he left you all alive probably means he has something bigger planned..." He lowers it, and when the smile returns, it's less awkward and more genuine. "But whatever that may be, we'll put a stop to him together."

When asked about his history with Bill, though, Ford's expression darkens. His smile curls downward into a grim frown, and he speaks again.

tumblr_inline_p4i9tkKlEs1tn081i_500.png

"Years ago, Bill tricked me, just as he did all of you. I foolishly called him a friend - believing he sought to improve my research of Gravity Falls,"
Ford sighs, and for a moment, he turns away. "In reality, he was using me to build a gateway between his dimension and ours, so he could enter our reality and take it over. I shut it down once I found out what his true intentions were. I was going to dismantle it, but... complications prevented that from happening."

He looks back at the boy, still frowning.

"One year ago, a freak accident caused the portal to activate again, pulling a great number of strangers from across the Multiverse into Gravity Falls. We worked hard to get them home - but Bill saw this and immediately took advantage of it. He infiltrated the group, making deals with its various members. I don't know exactly what those deals entailed. All I know for certain is that for his end of things, he'd possess their bodies - though knowing Bill, it's likely he kept his true intentions hidden. While using their bodies, he murdered members of that group one by one - likely to distract us from his true plan: to reconfigure the portal back to its original intention. We managed to catch one of the people he possessed, but the others?"

Ford lowers his head, and sighs again.

"We... weren't so lucky. Bill reactivated the portal, came through to our dimension, and plunged Gravity Falls into chaos. What you saw back there wasn't the real Gravity Falls. It was a twisted version of it, constructed entirely by Bill. Those twins you fought - Dipper and Mabel? Normally, they're my niece and nephew, and more importantly, they're good kids - not the disturbing, monstrous psychopaths Bill had turned them into. He didn't have a place for me in his messed up, flip-flopped version of the town, so he threw me and my brother here, instead. For these last few days, I've been working day and night to find him... but I haven't had much luck."

Finally, though... the old man smiles once more.

tumblr_inline_p4i9oiNFjK1tn081i_500.png

"But now, with you and your group here, I'm thinking it's finally time for us to turn the tide against Bill and his weirdness. Your leader and a few of your other compatriots have been here for a few hours, and already they've provided me with excellent ideas and insight. It's because of them that I'm aware of your own heroic conquests to stop Ganondorf and his forces,"
Ford's entire demeanor has changed on a dime, a far cry from the defeated old man Raz saw mere moments ago. "I even have a few ideas on how to help with that myself. But first... I need your help defeating Bill, and more importantly, finding my brother."

Clovis doesn't seem to have gotten noticed during any of this. Furthermore, his attempts to scan this place for magic yield much less promising results than they had back in the town. Its presence is about as lifeless as the rest of the place looks. Beyond whatever he picks up from members of the group, there truly is nothing magic about this place. It's just... dead.

brandy-schmandy brandy-schmandy CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow

"Thanks, Hershel," Leo responds as the rag is dropped into his hand. He hadn't moved in the few moments it took him to walk off. Once Hershel leaves again, he wastes no time in wiping the dried blood off of his face, neck, shoulders, and wherever else he can find it. It takes him a few moments to feel like he's gotten everything off, but once he does, he sighs and sets the rag aside while making a note to return it before he leaves. For now, though, he decides to turn to the boy beside him. He should... probably wake him up before they head off again.

"Hey... Sage," he says, dropping his hand onto the boy's shoulder and giving him a gentle shake. "You okay?"

Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun Thexcentrichilean Thexcentrichilean

When Rock enters the large building, she finds about what she probably expected. A nice room decorated with ornate furniture is what meets her gaze. A crackling fireplace provides a warmth that the rest of this dead world hadn't, and generally, this place feels more homey than the rest of the town. In the center of the room, she finds a frail old man standing atop a large rug, leaning against a wooden cane. A large chunk of his head has been ripped out, but other than that he seems... fine. Nice, even.

Doury.PNG

Mayor Dour
Twilight Mayor

"Oh... uh, hello there."

If Aloy were to follow her, she too would wind up in this room. But otherwise, she could explore the shop, the inn, or the bar with everyone else. She could also talk to Ford, if she so wished... or maybe see why Wanderer was resting on that roof.

darkred darkred BoltBeam BoltBeam

As Wanderer rests on the roof, he finds that the sight is a pretty peaceful one, all things considered. Everyone seems to be taking the time to relax, though a few also use it to ask about or simply explore their surroundings. It doesn't take long for someone to join him, though. The air around him shifts, a chill that hadn't been present before brushing up against his arms and filling them with goosebumps. The cause of such is soon found to be a single spot of dark violet atop the roof. The spot writhes and wriggles around in place for a few moments, before finally extending outward...

PMTTYD_Vivian_Sprite.png

Vivian
Reformed Siren

"Hello there...!" the sweet-looking ghost exclaims with a smile, her soft voice matching her appearance. "I wasn't going to bother you guys originally... but I couldn't help but notice you come up here all on your lonesome. Pardon me for asking... and you don't have to answer if you don't want to... but is everything alright...?"

FoolsErin FoolsErin

Micah Bell

"Little lady," Micah says, leaning in receptively and leering over Dorothy. "I find you... mighty impressive."

He leans closer and reaches out, his fingertips a hair's breadth from her cheek -- but he settles for placing a hand on her shoulder and gripping a little too firmly.

"You have somehow managed to cross a moral line that even a feller like me don't dare to."

His hand comes away and he leans back, his amicable demeanour evaporating on the spot.

"Which is to say, no I am not interested, and if I'm bein' fully transparent, I'd rather like to kill any depraved son of a bitch who'd pay for that experience."

He sips his drink at the sound of ice cubes landing in the glass.

"That bein' said... I find myself respectin' it on your end, in a strange sorta way. Whatever keeps things runnin' as should, I suppose."

megar megar

greedling_banner.png

"Cheap noodles and beer, huh? I guess her and I are kindred spirits."

Ling turns in his seat to face the Medic, arms folded and wearing a slight smile.

"With technology like that, you could conquer the whole world. It takes a lot to eclipse what a homunculus' body can do. I'm impressed."

Ling winces as memories of Josuke bent across his -- or Greed's, not that it makes much difference -- leg come to mind.

"You sure the kid's alright? I know we didn't kill him, but Greed's not the type to pull his punches."

Twice Knightly Twice Knightly Sir Skrubbins Sir Skrubbins

"Darn," Dorothy answers, entirely unbothered, seemingly more interested in her own drink, now. She wouldn't say she's the one crossing any moral line, so she almost finds herself a little offended, but... Well, she still gets it. She's well aware of the kind of market she is trying to appeal to. Entirely by choice.

"Well, anyway! Please don't kill my clientele, they are in fact how I get paid." She pauses, and then purses her lips and furrows her brow in an expression that can only be described as extreme thought. "Not that anybody here is that. Great news for morally upstanding people the world over, absolutely terrible news for my purse."

It's enough to make a girl reconsider her career choices, but... she doesn't have enough yet to not be doing this.

"Ahh... I'm around if you ever change your mind."

VENOM
1702493417241.png
Swarm of Events
Interactions: Miso_Tofu2.0 Miso_Tofu2.0

The boulder is caught within an appendage. A soft, delicate tendrils holds the hurdling rock into place; VENOM bore a slightly irked face of discomfort by the little girl's curiosity. Instead of speaking, he merely responds with the grasp of his hand, crushing the boulder under his palm as chunks of it crumbled to the floor. She had seemingly struck a nerve, though not to a grave extent at the very least.

"...Kid, before you-" Alas, a swarm of events had taken place before he could reason it out. On one hand, he was relieved for the trail of ally violence to be over. On the other hand, everything else had outweighed any relief he had felt in one, single moment. The presence of the triangular fella caught his attention. Hairs raised, a voice of a tyrant who yearned for nothing but CHAOS. A feeling that he had the unfortunate realization.

In a snap of a finger, however-

He had awoken.

Stuck in the space of a dead, open field.

In a hung mouth, VENOM's eyes looked everywhere. There were people, new faces that had introduced themselves; an old man who seemed familiar with this place's whereabouts, and his assistant; a child sporting a suit of shiny body armor. He had remained silent, still caught in the sudden shift of whereabouts. At some point, the others had arrived, They were majorly unharmed, saved for a few that were exhausted from their battle.

Eventually, it arrived to the point where his silence had broken once he turned to Anne.

"...You got into this mess, too?" VENOM asked, his concern contrasted with the appearance of a flesh-eating goliath.

Open for interactions/ duskkyy duskkyy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back