• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
With the flames all died out but the original, all that remains is the rubble left in its wake, and the few left standing that will still fight. Mabel watches it all, her smile never once diminishing. No… this was about what she expected. To assume that those she picked at random to defend her precious little flame would be able to hold everyone off would have been simply foolish. Still… she’s quite pleased with the results if the pleased crowd still seated around the rubble is anything to go by. Miraculously, not a single one was crushed, burned, or generally even slightly injured amidst all that chaos.

“I– I–” Will struggles to formulate any sort of coherent response to Reverentia’s interrogation. He looks pretty scared - almost terrified. He cowers from the two women standing above him, not dissimilar from a child afraid of punishment from an overbearing parent. His eye shifts from Reverentia and Veronica to the twins.

The twins are respectively fighting off an intruder and watching the remaining fights with glee. Mabel’s grin is as wide as can be as can be. Her gaze shifts between the fights that remain, which are few and far between. Then, something curious happens. Someone fires a shot of lightning toward Will of all people. She doesn’t look threatened by it - the cage absorbs its energy like a sponge. But she does wonder why he did that… even Will looks equally bewildered, his terrified look seemingly shattering in an instant so he can stare at Clovis and Byakuya with a furrowed brow.

Before she can figure that out, Kass uses her newfound icerail to douse the flame in that Chillwater, evidently having used Clovis’ attack as a distraction. Lobo’s flame had already been diminished quite a bit thanks to the efforts of the rest of the group, so its naturally advanced properties were enough to put it out for good. Lobo lets out a muffled scream in response as he violently thrashes in his cage worse than before. He even manages to finally knock himself over, but without the flame to burst it open, he just wound up smacking himself against his chain, which promptly knocks him out cold.

“Well…” Mabel flatly stares at the sight, finally frowning. By now, all but one or two fights remain. She’s smart enough to know what their outcome will be, especially with the primary threats removed. A tired old reporter and a fancy-looking telepathic cat simply don’t stand a chance against the rest of these guys.

Even still, she manages a grin and raises her arms to greet them.

“It looks like you all have won! Now, we can move on to Act Three of our show!” she lowers her arm and begins to stroke her chin for effect. “I must say, I’m a tad disappointed by the results, though I suppose that’s what happens when you send children with ridiculous pompadours to do the jobs of professionals…”

She shrugs and turns around with an easygoing smile.

“Oh, well! No use crying over spilled blood, as they say–”

“DORA!”

CRACK

NBZJo5FWKzyjdPvCDSVnsNZLXEkaYI-B6QkASuEaXLt4xP1WfPG4klFrbVn_-pkfEeOydHPUIWy2s7eQBATEH5RxdiFwP9uGEQdmzKxdL5Csv1_MM0_yR6JWO8ZKDSqGE7jEznQo2zrcYrrK-vuJ88g

(Art by brandy-schmandy brandy-schmandy )

"What the hell was I just saying about talking shit about my hair?!"

A burst of concussive force shattered Mabel’s nose on the spot, resulting in an explosion of blood spurting from the wound. It’s so powerful that everyone who had been previously under her mind control is instantly freed from it. For the first time since anyone in this town had met her, Mabel Gleeful is truly shaken. She stumbles back with a surprised yell, her hands twitching as they fall under her ruined face. Blood pours off of it and drips off and into her palms, and as Mabel looks at them with wide eyes, they move back up to find none other than Josuke Higashikata standing above her.

“Y-you– how did—”

"Wrong answer!"

(OOC: The song is timestamped for a reason!)

txYHHAi8aGCaCR7nLBIUDsPkYJ3IEQEHzWn3iuf6DLDP98zm05zzPk2norIxpOHy6XJ9J44PyrjJXCS5QAxFxfwlMvQxob41NYn7JUhLxGBb8zrZnKPGm_EQIPhaUNirAOjX7icI5EJU4Ya-vqW-Qa0

"DORARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARA...!"

There is no time for Mabel to move, let alone think. Blow after blow strikes her body, much to her brother’s equally rare shock. Josuke is ruthless in his assault, and he gives her no time to process the attack before it’s already over. By the end of it all, Mabel Gleeful is left on the stage floor, battered and broken, lying in a pool of her blood. Try as she might, she can’t muster up the energy to do anything but whimper.

“Y-you…” Dipper has since rushed over to her side, and now he looks back at Josuke with teary eyes and grit teeth. “Who in the HELL do you think you are!?”

"I already told you, didn't I!? I'm Josuke Higashikata, and I won't ever let anybody say stupid shit about my hair!"

Unseen to all but only himself, Crazy Diamond lurks above Josuke, its face matching the unfiltered rage on his own. Honestly... he doesn't know what he was just doing just now. He just knows that he was already pissed off -- and some smart-ass girl talking shit was something he was not going to let fly.

d9xxtlx-ed10b5ea-d2b5-4c0f-83a4-3c1c3a6c87b4.gif

"Got it?!"

Everyone in the crowd looks equally shocked. Some cry for their town sweetheart, while others try to muster up rage. But without the ability to even see what hit her, they can’t do much. So they just watch… and some of them even run out in complete terror that they might be next.

Strangely, it was Will who seemed the most put off.

Not a single tear remained from his previous fit. He doesn’t look scared, or even happy that his captors were finally knocked down a peg. He just looks at the sight with a wide eye, like what just happened shouldn’t have even been possible.

"Hm? What's the matter?"

Veronica's gaze remains totally flat as she questions it, like she isn't surprised at all.

"You can cut the coy act, Princess. I think we have the answers we're after."

And Byakuya steps ever closer, looking down on Will with no effort to hide the burning scorn in his gaze. That reaction... it all makes sense, now.

Byakuya_Togami_Another_Episode_Halfbody_Sprite_%283%29.png

"Do I have to announce it to everyone, or will you cut your act, Cipher?"

Will stares up at Byakuya, again in complete silence, just like he had with Reverentia. All he does is stare with that shocked eye, his eye darting from the boy to the downed twins, to the perplexed crowd… and then back to the boy. And then, suddenly, an uncharacteristic sigh escapes him as he slumps over - and an unfamiliar voice leaves his body.

“OKAY, OKAY. YOU GOT ME, FOUR-EYES.”

One by one, the bricks making up his triangular body begin to shift around. As they settle into place, each one turns from blue to yellow. What sits within the cage is the same triangle, but now he radiates with a much more confident, golden aura. He snaps his fingers and the cage comes undone in an instant. He floats high up into the air, before removing his top hat and dusting it off. For a moment, his eyelid narrows, as if he’s more mildly inconvenienced than anything. In a single motion, he puts it back on and looks at everyone with his hands on his hips.

background remove bill.jpg

“I REALLY GOTTA HAND IT TO YOU GUYS. REAL SOLID WORK OUT THERE. I MEAN, SERIOUSLY. THAT ANNOYING FIRE KID ALMOST KILLED YOU ALL, AND WHEN THE GUY WITH THE POMPADOUR BROKE THE BRAT’S NOSE? IF YOU HADN’T SOMEHOW MANAGED TO BREAK OUT OF HER MIND CONTROL TO DO THAT, I DON’T THINK I WOULD HAVE EVEN BEEN ABLE TO HOLD BACK MY LAUGHTER!”

“Will!?” Dipper stands up almost immediately, though he’s careful not to leave his sister’s side. He looks at him with the same pissed-off look he’d given Josuke, teeth grit and fists balled by his side. “What are you doing out of your cage!? And why are you changing colors!? We never permitted you to–”

“YEAH, YEAH. CAN IT, PINETREE.” “Will” snaps his fingers, and immediately, Dipper freezes in place - alongside the crowd. All of them float into the air around you all, rapidly becoming surrounded by a brilliant light in the process. In the span of a second, it bursts outward, and they all fall to the ground. Most of them remain the same… except Dipper and Mabel, who both look much younger and wear much dirtier, uglier clothes than the refined twins from before.

“Will” just laughs.

“WOULD YOU GUYS BELIEVE THAT THEY’RE EVEN MORE ANNOYING LIKE THIS? HAHAHA!!”

“Urgh… what?” Frank mumbles, letting his selection of weapons drop to the floor as he recovers from his stupor. Looking up from his fellow combatant, he freezes in disbelief the moment he recognizes what's happening - his limbs heavy, as if anchored to the ground. Clearly, he knows this figure - and from his reaction, there don't seem to be many positive memories.

“Bill…!” He stammers, before quickly turning his gaze to Dipper and Mabel’s new forms. Evidently, he has history with these two, as well - rushing to kneel next to them. “Dipper, Mabel - can you hear me!? Are you still alive?!”

"Hold on a sec, guy."

Josuke -- though his face still holds a barely concealed rage -- carefully steps forward and lowers himself to Mabel's side, placing a hand on her shoulder. And then her wounds simply start to close, her blood returning to her, and in a matter of seconds it's like she was never attacked at all.

And all the while, his gaze remains firm on Bill.

"I don't feel good about having hit a kid... but if I'm figuring this properly... you're going to take responsibility, right?"

“WOW, YOU CATCH ON FAST, POMPADOUR! PRETTY SURPRISING FROM A GUY WHO THOUGHT A HAIRCUT LIKE THAT WAS A GOOD IDEA! HAHAHA!” He floats above Josuke and kicks his legs like a child as he laughs.

Josuke's fist clenches as he rises back up.

f750e8231370a21b5ba6e76a6d3d0139.jpg

"You really want your ass kicked, huh?! Come a little closer and I'll be happy to oblige!"

“WOAH, WOAH! TAKE IT EASY!” Bill shouts back, raising both hands in a defensive motion. “IT’S JUST A JOKE, KID! I ACTUALLY REALLY LIKE THE HAIR! SAY, HOW ABOUT YOU JOIN MY BAND OF WEIRDOS AND FREAKS?” Bill floats right next to Josuke and extends his arm all the way around his body, hugging his shoulder. “TRUST ME, WITH THAT HAIRCUT, YOU’LL FIGHT RIGHT IN THERE WITH US!”

For a passing moment, Josuke doesn't seem to respond to the taunt at all. He looks a little tense, to say the least of it, but he otherwise remains perfectly still.

"Cipher... you're feeling particularly bold today, aren't you?"

Byakuya finally speaks up again in Josuke's stead -- but he doesn't at all elaborate, simply holding his hands behind his back as he looks Bill dead on.

“YOU CALL THIS BOLD, FOUR-EYES?” Bill cackles as he just as quickly floats over to Byakuya. “I HAVEN’T EVEN BROUGHT OUT THE RIVER OF DEAD PUPPIES YET!” He laughs yet again, before finally settling high above the group. But his gaze seems fixated on Frank and Byakuya in particular. “YOU TWO REALLY ARE SOMETHIN’ ELSE. YOU CAME BACK HERE WITH THE REST OF THESE GUYS, KNOWING THAT FULL WELL WHAT I’D DO IF YOU DID!”

He turns to Frank in particular, and something reminiscent of a smirk can be felt, even though it can’t be seen.

“GUESS I’M NOT TOO SURPRISED, THOUGH. AFTER THIS ONE SOLD OUT THE WHOLE TOWN JUST SO HE COULD GET A SCOOP. HOW’S THAT WORKING OUT, ANYWAY? ARE THE ANSWERS EVERYTHING YOU WANTED? OR IS IT A BIT HARD TO SELL YOUR STORIES WHEN THE WHOLE MULTIVERSE IS GETTING TAKEN OVER BY SOME NERD?”

“You bastard!” Frank roars, standing to his feet. “You know you tricked me! And him!”

His gaze darts to his surroundings, drinking in the devastated environment. The smoldering craters, destroyed furniture, and unconscious bodies - but all the while, he avoids looking at any of your faces. “If I’d have known you’d do this, I’d have never made any deal with you, scoop be damned!”

“YEESH,” Bill just rolls his eye and waves off Frank. “YOU MAKE A FAIR DEAL AND USE IT TO KILL A COUPLE OF ONE-LIFESPAN DWEEBS, AND SUDDENLY EVERYONE THINKS YOU’RE THE BAD GUY! TALK ABOUT BEING A DRAMA QUEEN!” His eye turns from Frank and Byakuya to the rest of the room. Every one of you, he looks upon with something unreadable. The silence doesn’t even last five seconds, but with that kind of look, it feels like it goes on for an eternity.

“WELL, ANYWAY,” and then he keeps talking like nothing happened. “I’D LOVE TO STAY AND ARGUE WITH YOU GUYS ABOUT ‘MORALITY’ OR WHATEVER, BUT I’VE GOTTA FIND A NEW WAY TO KEEP MYSELF ENTERTAINED SINCE YOU ALL BROKE THIS ONE. SO I THINK I’M JUST GONNA TOY WITH YOU ALL IN THE NIGHTMARE REALM FOR A WHILE.”

In one motion, Bill raises his arm and snaps his fingers. Everything turns black not a moment later.

Mid-Chapter Update
"See You in Your Nightmares!"

You’re awoken to a chill running down your spine and goosebumps spreading across your body. A faint wind greets your newfound consciousness, and with it, you realize that you’re lying not on the floor of the tent - but on dirt. When you pull yourselves up to your feet, it’s pretty easy to find out why that is.

deLJS3bID9OLt24l7TsVtXA6BtFY0_0dC_gLuVQj4EgNCXsSNXuu9d-3YI1rocD9XquzrncbR32Nb_ED-3PyhS7sSKGvhrw73EvKR0KCe5MIOrCaudwfPzvnYxqmfr5xZURkBVZgNMyC72FeeB_-33A

An empty, dead field surrounds you all. Everything in it is grey, from the clouds, to the dirt. It’s an unsettling sight, to say the least.

“Argh…” Frank groans, rolling upright and wearily clambering to his feet. A bead of sweat slowly rolls down his forehead as he surveys the barren, desolate landscape - and the longer he looks, the more his face contorts. He clenches his jaw and tightly grips his camera, before hurling it towards the ground in a bout of explosive rage.

“DAMN IT!”

The impact kicked up a small cloud of dust - the lifeless soil, now loosened, blowing away smoothly in the wind. Frank rubbed his eyes with his thumb and forefinger, sighing languidly before turning back to face all of you.

“...is everyone alright?”

“Ugh…” Asuka is the next to speak. She climbs to her feet with her hand resting against the side of her head. She remembers everything she did when she wasn’t in control of her body. It pisses her off, as brief as that had lasted, but she knows that now isn’t the time to get worked up over it.

eae34fd2d37f0fa3f66fbe1c5aaa4812d3f87312.jpg

“I think so…” she responds with suspicion in her gaze as she begins to glance around. “But… where are we…?”

“I think I can answer that one, my one-eyed friend!”

A voice no one but Frank and Byakuya recognize can soon be heard from behind everyone.

kc3_8YmcybguXQsuvHk7mbUEHjAZ8rn99uR5vtBfjvercZYYY4_McpSgz5ZeJs3kfBJeW2BBgR2IvDk32QIsidHenITletwpAwuU8Hf6xryhdJy5PGk6IeCTtgnDQ81SN_I9FUQebovrE0sh5BkAcSw

“I’m glad to see you all made it in one piece. I’m Stanford Pines - but for convenience's sake, you can just call me Ford.”

Frank jolts backward, stupefied. “Ford?!” He exclaims, just about sprinting over to the newcomer before patting his arms down as if to check if he is real. “Is that seriously you? When did you - how did you - ?” Frank stopped himself, looking to the ground in shame. He knew the answer to both of those questions. But before he can say anything else, he feels a six-fingered hand rest on his shoulder, and he looks up to meet a smiling gaze.

“It’s a very long, very convoluted story - I assure you,” he says.

"And certainly nothing to worry about," Byakuya coolly remarks, looking all too pleased with the turn of events. "If you're here, Ford, then... perfect."

“It’s… nice to see you as well, Byakuya,” Ford takes a moment to adjust his glasses, before clearing his throat and clasping both hands together. “Now, everyone–”

“Hey, Ford, I’m here!”

From the other direction, a girl who couldn’t have been past middle school age approaches the man, flailing her gangly arms to catch his attention. Once she finally catches up, she leans forward on her knees to catch her breath. “Sorry, I’m here, I–

f107a72e91101a2d34dd6da24b7683d896606ef8.jpg

Whoa, that’s a lotta new guys.”

“Ah, Anne! Right on time!” Ford happily responds to the new girl. He smiles at her, before turning to the rest of the group. “Everyone, this is my assistant, Anne Boonchuy. She’s been helping me since I got here. If it weren’t for her… well, realistically, I’d probably be fine - but she’s certainly sped up the process!”

Anne waves at the group as Ford introduces her.

“Yup, that’s me! Just helping out where I can," she says with a meek smile. It seems a lot had happened over the past few days, but she's nothing if not resilient. As if she thinks she might see someone she recognizes, she scans the group for any familiar faces, just in case. She doesn't notice anyone right away, though.

“Now!” Ford clasps his hands together again as he faces the group. “There’s a town not very far from here where Anne and I have been staying. It isn’t safe for you all to be sitting out in the open like this, so follow us.”

With that, Ford and Anne turn right back around and begin walking off in the other direction. With little other options at your disposal, you follow them both back to the town.

MZRE9X3VdhCMufueQak0qcPm9_CImv6-hpkJ9Ys1wOW77mE4G-gQYcRoKveBWy-vq7kslPb9c8MK2a-cICK1NliNiz3EKzv_6wCCsxt5mK1tQ0u4H_zksIGaA0QR4I_-fi37MAcYpEjlIcEv-a39FW8

“Welcome to Twilight Town, my friends. Not to be confused with the stuff Ganondorf is using in his Multiversal conquest!”

leo8.jpg

“You… know about that…?” Leo asks from the back, still clearly very weak from the fight in the tent.

“Oh, certainly! And so does Bill. But we can discuss that later.”

Upon entering the town, you found that it wasn’t exactly anything in good shape. It was certainly nothing compared to Wakanda or even Gravity Falls. Even still, though, there were at least a few buildings throughout the place. Ford led you all to one near the end, clearly labeled as a bar.

“You all can rest in here if you’d like. I’ll be out here gathering what we need before we set out in a few hours. Just… step outside if you need me. Or if you wanna explore the town. Or if you just need some fresh air. Just make sure not to wander too far!”

With that, Ford walks off to the side of one of the nearby buildings and pulls an old journal out of his satchel, as well as a pen. He quickly opens it and begins taking notes.

“Well… I can use a drink,” Asuka shrugs as she shoves open the door to the bar. But instead of sitting down for a drink, she stops entirely in her tracks at what she sees.

A few figures sit at the bar, some more familiar than others.

tumblr_inline_n9mnzunDuu1s81zze.png

“So… you’re like, a sex robot?” A gruff man with a stubbled beard asks the girl beside him. His face is unrecognizable, but his voice is - as is the tattered uniform he wears, and the red helmet that sits on the bar beside him.

"Lilim," the girl quite firmly corrects, "don't use that word. It's really rude!"

She sips at her drink. It is not entirely clear what is in the glass.

Dorothy_Haze.png

"But I am a sex worker, yes." She pauses for a moment... and then nods to herself. "I'm twenty-four, before you ask."

"I wasn’t gonna,” Jason holds up a hand in response. “And uh… thanks for the correction.” He does not know what to make of this and thinking about it too much makes him sad. So he chooses to instead sip on his scotch.

Scanning the lantern-lit bar, you notice two unblinking eyes staring back at you when their crimson color catches the light. Like a black widow emerging from its den, a tall, imposing figure steps out of the shadowed gap between firelights with tall black leather boots that cause the rotting wooden floorboards to groan and whine underfoot. With just a shortsword on her hip, a padded linen gambeson on her back, and a smile that softened her stony features, the Minthara who greets you was a far cry from the cold crusader you met in Wakanda.

F644bdDWwAA1ywm.jpg:large

“Ah, compatriots! Glad you finally came to join us,” the drow beams, far more animated than before as she beckons everyone inside and insists you sit and stay, “Come, we have much to discuss. But first - drink! And rest your weary feet.” she exclaimed with her wine glass held raised in cheers, “We must be well-fed and high spirits if we are to stand any chance of overcoming the trials ahead.”

Minthara focuses her attention on Josuke and Reverentia, gesturing them towards the bar and urging them to sit with her. “Josuke, Mori. Plainly I see you are fresh from battle, so please tell me: what happened inside that tent?”

(Tag megar megar to interact with Dorothy!)

Cast List
isupposeimphi isupposeimphi as Marisa Kirisame (Touhou Project) and Blake Belladonna (RWBY)
brandy-schmandy brandy-schmandy as Jin Ming (Spiderverse OC) and Razputin Aquato (Psychonauts)
@FoolsErin as Hobie Brown (Spider-Man: Across the Spiderverse) and The Wanderer (Genshin Impact)
@CocoaMarshmallow as Illumina (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon OC) and Clovis (Twokinds)
Twice Knightly Twice Knightly as Asuka Langley Soryu (Neon Genesis Evangelion) and Jason Todd (DC Comics)
Jeremiah Jeremiah as Nightwarden Minthara (Baldur's Gate)
Sir Skrubbins Sir Skrubbins as The Medic (Team Fortress 2) Frank West (Dead Rising)
Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun as Sage Kaelber (OC)
megar megar as Josuke Higashikata (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure) and Reimu Hakurei (Touhou Project)
@TheElenaFisher as Ciri (The Witcher 3) and Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4)
Thexcentrichilean Thexcentrichilean as Hershel Avad (OC)
@darkred as Aloy (Horizon: Zero Dawn) and Marius Titus (Ryse: Son of Rome)
QizPizza QizPizza as Alexis Tenshi and Gyst Lazarus Huang (OC)
allegedlydave allegedlydave as Greed (Fullmetal Alchemist) and Rex (Xenoblade Chronicles)
@jigglesworth as Captain John Price (Call of Duty)
@bluefrostie2 as Silver the Hedgehog (Sonic the Hedgehog) and Sprig Plantar (Amphibia)
BoltBeam BoltBeam as Black Rock Shooter (Black Rock Shooter)
@Sayo-Nara as Dib (Invader Zim) and Lana (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon OC)
BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 as Reverentia Mortir (OC)
@FactionGuerrilla as Arthur Morgan (Red Dead Redemption II) and Kassandra (Assassin's Creed: Odyssey)
@StaidFoal as Corvo Attano (Dishonored) and Trixie (My Little Pony)
@duskkyy as Anne Boonchuy (Amphibia)
@Miso_Tofu2.0 as Omni-Man (Invincible) and Flandre Scarlet (Touhou Project)
@DR_EDY. as Venom (Marvel Comics) and Ganondorf (The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
Nokirathephantom Nokirathephantom as Shinji Ikari (Neon Genesis Evangelion) and Mewtwo (Pokemon)
@Laix_Lake as Orbeck (Dark Souls III)
@alley-cat-boogie as Ryuji Sakamoto (Persona 5)
@FantasticCloakedFace as Reed Richards (Marvel Comics)

Last edited:
Marisa.png

Marisa had lost track of the time. The battle against Flandre had been hectic beyond hectic - once the battle moved into the air and Flandre had used Four of a Kind, it was impossible to pay any attention to what was going on below as the nigh-lethal three-on-four had progressed into a constantly moving flurry of bullets that lit up the sky. It was only when Flandre stopped for a moment, did Marisa realise something must've happened back at the tent. She flew back as fast as she could... but she could tell she missed a lot.

Less then a minute laster after she'd returned, the yellow triangle guy - Bill Cipher, she presumed, snapped his fingers. And then, everything turned black.

Marisa Kirisame woke with a start as a chill ran down her spine. Her golden eyes quickly scan the surrounding, unfamiliar area. Before her, was a world of monochrome, a dead field of matte grays in all directions.

"...The hell is this place..?" Marisa says as she adjusts her hat slightly, listening into the main 'group'. Another unfamiliar person - but someone that some people here seem to know. 'Stanford Pines', apparently.

A little while later, they arrive in a small town named Twilight. Apparently, those creatures that were invading Gensokyo (and the rest of the multiverse), they were called 'Twilight' too. Good to know, she supposed. Still, this was a well needed break - disadvantageous situation be damned. Apparently there was a bar here too, so she's call it as it was.

Marisa Kirisame sat down at one of the stools and leaned over the bar's counter with a sigh. She offhandedly acknowledged the man who was quite obviously the Red Hood who brought her into this mess to begin with.
"Oi, you got Sake here?" Marisa asked.. whoever was tending the bar. "'s fine if you don't, but a little taste'a home would go a long way."

"Hey," Jason acknowledged Marisa with little more than that and a nod.

PMTTYD_Podley_and_Podler_Sprite.png

Podley
Old Reliable

The bartender, meanwhile, is some kind of strange old-man-bean-thing. He'd been wiping down a glass when Marisa called for his attention. He lifts his head to meet her gaze, his eyes obscured by his thick glasses.

"Well... let me see..." he turns his back to her and begins picking through his bottles. It takes him a minute, but eventually, he finds the drink in question, placed on the highest shelf. It takes him a moment to get on his tip toes and grab it. When he does, he looks over the bottle and its contents. "Be careful with this stuff, now. The alcohol content's pretty high."

He pours her a glass regardless.

isupposeimphi isupposeimphi

Marisa.png

"Ah, cheers!" Marisa took a sip - the familiar taste hit the spot, just as she hoped it would. "Keep the bottle on hand, though. There's a girl with a red bow who's gonna ask for some too, I'd bet on it." Marisa spun around on her stool and leaned back on the bar, her cup of sake in hand.

[Open for Interaction!]

I5nZz18.png

The aftermath
For the whole ordeal after putting Toayi to rest had been observed by the duke. Battered and exhausted as he was, he committed to keeping an eye on his close allies while the mess died down. Yet, that was all he could do... his body demanded rest, and his mind no longer had the burning drive that had led Hershel push himself until now.

And as such, he remained seated, healing himself and Sage as the whole situation unraveled yet again. A puppet-master was pupeteering the infuriating twins, manipulating kids into acting such a way. And before he knew it, his shirtless, scarred, charred and battered figure was lifted and everything went dark.

When he came to again, an audible gasp escaped the duke's lips, as his still armored right hand reached upwards, trying to grasp at anything tangible, solid. And once again, unfamiliar surroundings- Wait

"!?! Irin, Sage?!!" The older man uncharacteristically panicked, saying such names outloud while scanning his surroundings desperately, even attempting to stand up as his muscles protested the sudden motions... thankfully, sage was besides him, still asleep, and less injured as well.

As for his daughter, she was... sleeping, curled up as a small siamese kitten. Yeah, just like a cat alright. It was impressive that the girl had managed to fall asleep through all of the past events, then again, they must have been exceedingly exhausted since they arrived to this mission.

Hershel decided to listen to the briefing from the figures some of his allies recognized. So, finally proper downtime? The holy man thought as he listened and stared at his biological child

"..." He wordlessly stared at Irin with a slightly guilty frown, before picking her up gently, and placing her on his good shoulder, bare as it was at the moment. Somehow, a little purr escaped once Irin was perched there, unconsciously and gently grabbing on, seemingly a natural action for her.

A proper rest

Finally ready to move, the duke gently picked up the phoenix descendant under his still charred-black left arm, just grimacing for a moment at the pain. Like this, Hershel walked towards someone that had been pivotal for the victory with a small smile

"I'll leave Sage to your care, if that's fine? His body is fine, I made sure of that... and thank you for your help, Leo" As he tried to smile, his face contorted with pain and the duke finally placed the phoenix descendant down, carefully, in a sitting position besides Leo

"...I'll be back in a bit. For the first time in a while, I need a knife and... a drink, really" Hershel sounded extremely exhausted as he showed his left arm, still partially carbonized from his fight, a bitter smile on his face. It looked dry, painful and absolutely not fine, yet he had been fighting in the tent with that all the while.

"Oh, and before I forget" He patted Leo on the shoulder with his right hand, starting the familiar process of healing wounds and replenishing stamina that came with his gentle green magic.

"Do you have something in mind you want to do first... leaving an unconcious young man to be carried by a battered one would be quite the difficult situation" He smiled somewhat playfully as he made sure his new ally was at least able to walk on their own again.

Interactions: (Leo) Twice Knightly Twice Knightly , (Sage) Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun

Alexis Tenshi
Pr7Uqt2.jpeg

GYSGT LAZARUS HUANG
WTrFQ7I.jpg

Art by Yueko/Black Powder Red Earth
Alexis CS / Lazarus CS

INTERACTIONS:
MENTIONS:

dPSqZXy.png

Though Alexis was enjoying getting to know Sage, Leo, Hershel, and Irin, their departure was growing imminent. In her excitement of meeting new people, Alexis had neglected to pick up a watch for herself and Gideon. Not having a suitable method of transportation would be quite a troublesome inconvenience, wouldn't it? Alexis could try to spin some spell to traverse dimensions, but she was by no means a Custodian, and the Astrographers' spatial magic was far removed from her area of specialty.

The kitsune excused herself from the group, "I'd love to talk more in a little bit, but I think I should get one of those watches before we go!"

Stepping away from the group and picking up a pair of the futuristic timepieces from Shuri, Alexis had no trouble strapping the first one on her wrist. However, the trouble came when she tried to secure one onto Gideon. For one, the watch was made for humanoid creatures, not a little, slippery kit. Secondly, Gideon wasn't feeling particularly cooperative, thrashing and squirming as his mother tried to wrap the watch band around his torso. "Gideon, I know it's uncomfortable, but you have to put this watch on, or else you'll get lost. Just…hold…still-"

Suddenly, as Gideon resisted the donning of the timepiece, the kit decided to try something drastic. While still in his mother's arms, he decided to explode into a ball of blue flames. Having seen the little fox's tantrums dozens of times already, Alexis paid no heed as she continued to work on the fox's watch. However, she did not expect Gideon to suddenly melt into a blob of liquid purple napalm, slipping past Alexis's fingers and dripping onto the group. The puddle of blazing gel then reformed into a fox that immediately took off running from Alexis.

Taken aback by the sudden display of state-shifting, Alexis let valuable seconds pass as Gideon ducked between legs and under furniture. When Alexis realized what was happening, Gideon was already far from sight. The kitsune mother immediately began a frantic search among the crowd, calling out, "Gideon? Please come out… Mommy is worried sick about you…"

She couldn't pinpoint the exact location of Gideon's Soul unlike her other children. Somehow, his Soul felt as if it were dispersed across the entire courtyard and the entire palace…as if he'd dissolved into the Aether.

Having taken off from the crowd, few noticed Alexis and even fewer cared for her plight. However, Lazarus easily recognized a woman in distress. As Alexis whipped her head back and forth, eyes wildly searching every corner of the courtyard, Lazarus tried shouting at her to no avail, "Excuse me, Mrs. Tenshi? Mrs. Tenshi! Hello?"

After calling out a few times, Lazarus tapped the kitsune's shoulder to get her attention. However, as soon as his hand touched her, his fingers ran ice-cold as smoke drifted from where his glove touched her. With eyes wide, the Marine whipped his hand back and tore off his smoking glove. Even through the fire-retardant leather and the woman's clothes, the blistering heat from the woman's body had overwhelmed his nerves and burned his skin. Luckily, that was enough to get the woman's attention before she potentially started to set things on fire.

Lazarus looked into the kitsune's dilated pupils, fear and worry filling them to the brim as the air around her warmed. She could not hold eye contact with him as he spoke; she was clearly more concerned by Gideon than talking to him. He raised his hands to show his friendly intent, "Mrs. Tenshi, from what I'm seeing, you're missing your child, right? I don't want for you to be without your precious family member either, but frantically looking around isn't going to help. Your…fox is likely still here in this compound, and it's a safe location, so all we have to do is perform a thorough s-."

The worried mother interrupted him, "Lazarus, you don't understand. I have to find him. He's a piece of me, and he's such a young, vulnerable little kit in an unfamiliar place… If he gets scared, he'll become…volatile. He'll hurt himself and everyone around him."

"Ma'am…believe me, I know that feeling," But where did he know it from? Something in him tugged at the same feelings that he saw Alexis experiencing. "However, we have to keep a level head, or else we might miss something."

Alexis didn't want to calm down. She didn't want to take it slow. She wanted to tear through this place in search of Gideon without regard for anyone else…but Lazarus was always the one who kept his cool while the world was burning down. He was the man who'd bear the weight of the world and still smile for the sake of others. She blinked once, twice, three times before she admitted with a shaky breath, "Okay…okay. Let's do it your way. Please. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. Help me, Lazarus…"

The two wasted no time searching the courtyard and the compound, with Lazarus using Alexis's shapeshifting abilities to search where he couldn't. She ducked and dove under furniture as a scurrying fox, scanned the skies as a soaring phoenix, and prowled up and down walls as a relentless dragon. All the while, Lazarus used his night vision goggles to find any IR hotspots that inevitably resulted from a burning hot fox made of napalm. They're bound to find Gideon, right?

CCbhe98.png

It'd been well over an hour of search before the two had exhausted all possible locations. Fox and Marine collapsed onto the ground, the former on the verge of tears as she feared the worst and the latter physically exhausted from trying to keep up with Alexis's inhuman speed. Alexis curled up into her tails until she was a giant ball of snow-white fur while Lazarus sat beside her, trying to think of any other place they could search.

Lazarus broke the dreary silence, speaking to the ball of fur to try to probe a response, "I'm sorry I couldn't help you find Gideon…I can't imagine what it's like to lose a child…"

Alexis didn't respond, though she had certainly heard his words. Gideon was so close within reach. He was here; she knew that much. The problem was just…finding him. Lazarus had done more than she could've asked him to, and though she couldn't express it through her grief, she was glad that he hadn't changed, even from life to life.

"We'll try again in a little bit… We just need a fresh pair of eyes; maybe we can get the Wakandans to help us out. They have plenty of people and fancy tech that could no doubt help us find Gideon. There's still more to do…" Lazarus trailed off, their failure weighing heavy until he fell to his back. Out of habit, he took off his broken watch and began to play with it. The movement gently clicked as he turned the dial back and forth, spinning the minute hand back and forth while the second hand hung limply. An ironic reminder that though he could control time, he couldn't control everything.

Breathing an exasperated sigh, he closed his eyes. He felt the intricately crafted piece of scrap move according to what mechanism dared to remain defiant against the abuse it had suffered. While he manipulated the clockwork, he felt a wave of heat washing over his body like a heavy blanket. At first, it was simply warm, but it grew hotter by the second, until it felt like he was laying under a scorching desert sun, "Alexis, I know you're going through a lot, but humans aren't meant to survive these temperatures…"

For the first time since they stopped, Alexis spoke, "That isn't me."

At this, Lazarus opened his eyes. To his terror, he found his entire body covered in purple flames, every inch illuminated by that unnatural light. He instinctively began to roll towards a paved path where he could snuff out the flames while he shouted for Alexis. "ALEXIS! HELP!!! I'M ON…FIRE!!!"

That was enough to bring the kitsune out of her shell and see a familiar purple flame covering Lazarus. Recognition welled up in her eyes as she squealed in relief, "GIDEON!!! You're okay!!!"

Lazarus didn't know what Alexis was screaming about; he could only focus on trying not to immolate. He'd begun to shed his plate carrier, helmet, and even his clothes to get the fire off his body, but the flame seemed to slip through every layer he took off. "THE…FIRE!!! HELP???"

In contrast to Lazarus's panic, Alexis was filled with joy. She rushed over to his side but not put out the flame. With cheerful jubilation, she told Lazarus, "Yes! The fire! We found him! We found Gideon!"

The Marine was starting to get frustrated with Alexis's incoherent ramblings. Did something snap to cause her to ignore his plight completely? Or was she always like this when someone was burning alive? That's when the thought occurred to Lazarus: though his bare skin was now exposed to the magical flame, he…wasn't actually burning. He stopped thrashing around to find that though he was uncomfortably hot and covered in sweat, he wasn't immolating. In between breaths, Lazarus managed, "This…is Gideon? I thought…he was…a fox like you?"

"It's a quirk of shapeshifters to take on various forms," the kitsune mother casually explained as she knelt and held her hand to the flame. As the flames licked her palm, they gathered from every inch of LAzarus's body into a form vaguely resembling a fox with its tongue lapping at his mother's hand. "Gideon just so happens to prefer this slippery form."

While the mother and child reunited, Lazarus wordlessly lay there, recovering from the sudden excitement. He could've been comfortable, but he made the mistake of trying to wipe the sweat from his brow. Or rather, he made the mistake of bringing his watch into Gideon's view again. When the little kit caught a glimpse of the dull silver timepiece, he turned away from his mother and pawed at Lazarus's hand.

"I think he likes your watch!" Alexis giggled as Lazarus fruitlessly tried to keep his treasure from Gideon's reach. Any attempt was simply met by some combination of tiny claws digging into his skin and that blanket of purple flames again. Eventually, Laz gave up and rested his watch on his chest, allowing Gideon to play with the dial and smack the second hand around.

"So this all started with a watch…and it ended with a watch?" Lazarus chuckled at the irony, soon joined by Alexis and Gideon's innocent yips. At that, he motioned for Alexis to hand him the MPF watch. With the little kit distracted by his timepiece, Lazarus froze him for long enough to secure the dimension-hopping watch onto the fox's body. "There…we…go."

Upon finding the new watch band on his body, Gideon tried to shake it off and even turn back into a puddle of napalm again, but unfortunately for him, the watch remained comfortably snug around his torso. The kit looked to his mother with pleading eyes, to which Alexis picked up the delicate little fox and scratched his little ears, "I know it's uncomfortable, Gideon, but you have to wear it so that you don't get lost again. Mommy gets so very worried when you're out of her sight doing who knows what. You must think that you're invincible, but the truth is, Existence is very dangerous and you'll need your Mommy and Daddy to protect you until you're strong enough to protect us."

"That's right, Gideon. You worried your mom a lot; she was getting very sad because she couldn't find you. I'll let you play with my watch more, but you have to stay by your mom's side, agree?" Lazarus danged his watch in front of Gideon to emphasize his point, and he seemed to understand, yipping as he once again reached for the watch. Lazarus left the timepiece with Alexis, "Here. I think Gideon would appreciate this."

Alexis paused, her eyes darting between the broken timepiece and the man it belonged. "Are…you sure? That watch means a lot to you. Gideon will survive if he doesn't have it all the time."

Lazarus was reminded that Alexis knew more about him than he knew about himself. He looked at the broken watch; if he'd kept it even though it hardly worked, it must have been valuable just as Alexis said. "I'll…hold onto this for now. But…can you at least tell me why it's important to me?"

Conflict and thought filled the kitsune's face as she tried to formulate a response. As much as she wanted to tell Lazarus everything she knew about him, he had to find out for himself. At least, that's what the Librarians said. If he knew his fate preemptively…he wouldn't be able to save everyone like he was meant to. "It was a gift from someone precious to you, but I think you could've figured. If I remember correctly, you got it as a gift from Gabrielle…"

A pang of sadness pierced Lazarus's heart as he heard that name, but no relevant memories came up. He desperately wanted to ask more questions, but the expression on Alexis's face already told him that she said too much. He'd have to ask at another time. "Thank you for telling me that much, Alexis."

Thankfully, for Lazarus, Alexis, and Gideon, Shuri had the coordinates for the MPF's next jump after Gravity Falls. It meant that the trio had the opportunity to get to where they needed to and safely await the others. As a bonus, it appeared as if several members had gotten there early so they weren't completely lost. At the little bar at Twilight Town, Alexis sat beside Lazarus, sipping on a mug of tea as the man downed a perilous mug of coffee and Gideon lapped at a saucer of milk. She made sure to keep the conversation steered away from Lazarus's past, a feat made easy by a mother's endless archives on her children.

(Both Open for Interaction)

mori crop.png
CS

Reverentia never imagined she would actually come to miss the deranged antics of the Cult of the Rabbit. Their fanatical devotion, their singleminded goals, it all became rather banal, given time. Its members became predictable, easy to outmaneuver. Despite how adept she and the Hunt had become at dealing with the Cult, it was nevertheless the greatest evil she'd ever encountered. It disregarded the safety of its members, casting them aside like unwanted refuse the moment they were no longer useful. It created life for the express purpose of destroying it and poisoning others. And yet, despite all of that, watching as Josuke beat the ever-loving tar out of a young, nearly omnipotent woman, Reverentia found herself quietly wishing for a Cult member to look at her and do something deranged, like leap onto his own sword, or jump out a nearby window.

Of course, things only continued to devolve from there. It turned out her initial feeling that the group couldn't trust Will had been right, after all. Everything that came from that revelation was about as chaotic as she was coming to anticipate from this frankly disastrous first misadventure, which had already been rife with violence, danger, and threats beyond her comprehension. She remained silent and still for the duration of the encounter. Her impulse had been to attack the obnoxious animate shape, after all, and she doubted that would be helpful. When he raised a hand and prepared to send her to the nightmare realm, her only partying gift to him was a venomous look that did very little to hide how much she wanted to stomp him to bits.

Naturally, when waking up in some place she'd previously heard called the "Nightmare World," Reverentia was a bit on edge. It hadn't been too long ago her Mask had trapped her in just such a place, attempting to keep her complacent with fabrications of things it thought she wanted (a rather damning picture, at the time, given what it showed her). So, in a roundabout way, being trapped in a nightmare otherworld almost felt more familiar than what they were leaving. She moved without skipping a beat, locating Blake where the woman was still reeling from Reverentia's barely-secured victory. Gingerly, the Hobgoblin lifted the featherlight (to her, anyway) Faunus off the ground in a bridal carry. No doubt she was suffering from a concussion, at the very least. She'd tend to the woman when they found somewhere to rest.

Next, she began assessing her surroundings for danger and, for the moment, finding none. Fortunately, shelter didn't seem far, either, led to a bar by someone others recognized as "Ford." She didn't trust him, but what was new there? Inside, seeing Minthara be so... relaxed honestly made her even more on edge. She hadn't known the Drow for long, but Minthara hardly struck her as the outgoing, friendly type. After side-eying her for a moment, Reverentia sat down, placing Blake in the seat next to her for the moment. While reaching into her bag of holding and taking a look at Blake's eyes, the vigilante spoke, answering, her tone as curt as ever "We found Bill. He was "captured" by a pair of mages known as the Gleeful twins, but that was seemingly just a ruse for his own entertainment. They made us fight each other, then he cast us here after Josuke managed to beat one of them down. The sister. She seemed to be in charge." Reverentia watched Minthara out of the corner of her eye while she talked, studying body language and expressions. It was hardly her field of expertise, but it was worth a shot. "Where were we when we first met, Minthara? And what were we doing?"

Out of her bag came another healing potion. She only had a couple left after this, and they weren't even done with their first adventure. But she wasn't about to let someone she'd hurt go unhealed now because she might need it later. Unstopping the bottle and holding it up, Reverentia gently went to tilt Blake's head back and pour the viscous, red liquid for her. Unlike with Minthara (and frankly everyone else) her tone approached more how she spoke to Veronica after being rescued, softer and more reserved. It seemed she had at least some control over her bedside manner. "Drink this. It'll help." If the (admittedly barely present) Blake took the potion, it wouldn't exactlly put her at 100%, but it would likely greatly relieve pain and disorientation. "Are you hurt anywhere besides your head?"

Twice Knightly Twice Knightly (GM) Jeremiah Jeremiah (Minthara) isupposeimphi isupposeimphi (Blake) megar megar (Josuke)​

Blake.png
Blake only seemed to take in half of the information that Reverentia shared with her, though luckily she missed nothing of importance in her half-lidded state. She was at the very least cognizant enough to realise what was going on as Reverentia uncorked a bottle of red liquid and tilted her head backwards. She didn't resist, instead drinking the potion as well as she could manage.

Her aura flickers and slowly returns to life as the effects of the potion enters her system, enshrouding her body in purple light that spread outwards from the center of her chest. What the Potion wouldn't heal, her aura would slowly work to repair.

She was still somewhat out of it, but she was able to think straight again; and more importantly, able to speak and listen.
"...No. For the most part, I'm fine... Just lethargic." She responds to Reverentia's question as to her status as well as she could.

"I'm sorry." Blake, still slightly dazed, apologised to Reverentia. "I know I was under their spell, but..." Her voice was small and riddled with guilt. She lowered her head slightly as an almost half-bow.

mori crop.png
CS

The empty potion vial disappeared into her seemingly-empty bag, Reverentia openly studying Blake as she spoke. Of course, where with Minthara she was trying to figure out if the Paladin was some sort of dream doppleganger, she was more watching for signs of further injury. Fortunately, whatever that shield around Blake seemed to be, it also seemed to be healing her somewhat, now that it was restored. The briefest flash of relief crossed her eyes before they returned to a more steely look. There wasn't a single person in the group Reverentia had met she wouldn't have felt bad for pummeling like that (even Nolan). Blake was no exception.

While she was hardly a doctor, Reverentia was intimately familiar with head trauma. "Don't fall asleep, alright? I know with our ever-so-comforting accommodations that will be challenging, but do your best." It was a half a joke, but one of characteristically dry delivery, not helped by her mask or lack of expression in her eyes. In circumstances like these, Reverentia often tended to blur the line between "mysterious masked vigilante" and "unsettling armed stranger." If she was aware of this, she made no move to correct it. Reaching behind her, Reverentia produced the Kusarigama half of Shroud, holding it by the blade to offer it to Blake. She nodded approvingly, saying, "A dangerous weapon. You wield it with grace. Hopefully, next time, it won't be pointed at me."

At Blake's apology, Reverentia shifted uncomfortably. They were moving into more territory she did not handle well. Of course she did not blame Blake. That was her whole reasoning for not wanting to hurt her, or any of the other mindcontrolled members of team. That didn't magically Blake's vulnerability something she was better-equipped to deal with, though. She leapt into flaming buildings, charged headlong into throngs of armed men alone, scaled a building to face down a dragon in a busy city street -- all that without so much as a blink. Situations like this made her feel far more offput than any of that ever had. It took her a few moments to collect any sort of response from her own briefly scattered thoughts. After all, what does one even say to comfort someone dealing with that sort of guilt?

"The apology is accepted, but unnecessary," Reverentia finally managed, her own uneasiness apparent at the edges of her voice, but fading as she found the words. "As you said, you weren't in control of yourself. And besides, I have taken worse beatings from people who didn't say sorry later." Another joke. It wasn't true -- without Veronica's intervention, Reverentia would've almost certainly been killed. Still, she continued, able to conjure a semblance of genuine humor in her tone with some effort. "You can make it up to me by getting better so I don't have to feel so bad about ringing your bell." She paused, then added, her tone more somber, "I am sorry, too. I did not wish to harm you."

isupposeimphi isupposeimphi

Blake.png

"Thank you. I made it myself, actually." Blake extended the blade of the Kusarigama aback to its sword form, re-sheathing it within the larger cleaver of Gambol Shroud. "A friend of mine, she calls it a 'rite of passage' for us huntresses." Blake chuckled slightly. She wondered how Ruby was doing back home.

As the conversation turned when Blake apologised, she quickly realised that this wasn't familiar ground for Reverentia in any way. Her voice was uneasy, but her words did a lot to reassure Blake. It didn't squash her feelings of guild, but it did dull them enough so that she could focus on everything else. "It's alright. Thank you, for doing what you had to." Blake nodded at her with a small, but genuine smile.

It's there that Blake left the conversation, allowing for Reverentia to pursue her suspicions as Blake pulled her scroll from her pocket oncemore. She had to remain conscious, and there was no better way to pass the time then to read.

minthara odd.jpg

"Are you testing me? Hah. . .very well." You were surprised, but nonetheless happy to acquiesce. You had grown somewhat acclimated to the Nightmare World's trickery, but they had not. To say you were impressed by Mori's caution and good sense would be an overstatement, but, it was not unwelcome. "King T'Challa had us gathered in his kingdom of Wakanda, and his sister - Shuri - crafted us these teleportation prisms which we used to cross through the planes- sorry, through the multiverse," you confidently answered, pausing to correct yourself only once. You raised your left hand to show Mori the prism in question, still fastened to your wrist where you had first put it on. "I distinctly remember a discussion of fast-food, and of drink, too," you added for good measure. flashing a knowing grin. You enjoyed one more sip of wine before setting your glass aside to help tend Blake's body, arriving at her side and placing a gentle hand on her shoulder.

lay on hands.png

A gentle hand that was wreathed in radiant warmth which spread to envelope Blake's battered form, soothing her pain and clearing her dizzy mind. Sending the girl on her way with a pat on the shoulder, you reached for your wine glass again, to nurse it like a baby with its bottle. "The two of you fought? Hmph. Owing to Bill's subterfuge, I take it." you snorted. Oh how you loathed that three-sided vessel of malice already. "And you?" you smiled at Josuke, "You tore apart Bill's façade did you? Hm. I regret I couldn't be there to do so myself. Alas, we have all been trapped in his realm regardless."

isupposeimphi isupposeimphi (Blake) BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 (Reverentia) megar megar (Josuke)

Mentions: Twice Knightly Twice Knightly (T'Challa, Shuri)

Leo still hadn't been in the best shape when Hershel had approached. His whole body ached and stung. Dried blood covered his face and torso, and though they couldn't be seen, his eyes were still damn near shattered like glass. It made moving feel like it was next to an impossibility, so much so that he didn't even try to sit at the bar. Instead, he just propped himself up in a chair that was seated against the bar's wall. One arm limply rested by his side, while the other was awkwardly sitting in his lap. He used what little energy he'd regained to look up at the man with his tired, closed eyes.

leo2.jpeg

"Huh...?" he asks, weakly. He'd heard the duke just fine... it was more out of tired acknowledgment than anything else. He watches as Sage is carefully placed into the chair next to him. He can tell that Hershel is in pain, too. He's happy that they both get this bit of rest, at least... even though he has a feeling that it won't last very long. He winces in pain as the man puts a hand on his shoulder, though a sigh of relief leaves him as his power works its magic. The pain lessens and his stiff joints loosen. It's not enough to do much about his eyes... but at least the fatigue is made a bit better.

"Thanks," he nods to him, before scrunching up his nose. Without the pain across his body distracting him, that kind of made the dried blood on his face a little too obvious. "I'm fine here... kinda just wanna rest for now," he answers with a quick, dismissive wave... before scrunching up his face again. A disgruntled noise escapes him this time, and he does his best to perk up and face Hershel properly.

leo3.jpg

"Actually... do you mind getting me a wet rag? That'd help a lot right now..."

Thexcentrichilean Thexcentrichilean Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun

Micah Bell

To the more observant minds among you, Micah's mildly discomforting presence was a relatively new sensation. He toted two guns and was all too eager to use them -- and yet, no one had a bullet hole in them, nor did you hear a single gunshot. In fact, none of you had even seen him in the mayhem.

Micah himself, however, didn't seem perturbed by the fact. He didn't seem much of anything, except eager to get something alcoholic in him. Thusly does he seat himself at the bar -- he takes one look at Dorothy, chuckles under his breath, and eases his seat closer to hers. Then he flags down the bartender.

"I will be the judge of what is and ain't too strong, my friend. Gimme a whiskey, and if you ain't got that for some ungodly reason... I don't know, surprise me."

With that out of the way, he turns to Dorothy.

"Now, forgive me my indolence, but I don't believe I heard you right. What'd you say you were again, little miss?"

Twice Knightly Twice Knightly megar megar

"We have whiskey," the hoarse bartender answers with a small nod, before promptly filling up a glass for Micah and sliding it over to him. Just straight whiskey, right out of the bottle. No ice or anything.

It's warm.

allegedlydave allegedlydave

Micah Bell

Micah takes a sip of the drink offered to him, and visibly recoils.

"My Lord, mister..."

He swirls the glass's contents and chuckles grimly to himself.

"If I ever knew you could make a business outta bottlin' your piss I wouldn't be here right now. You got any tips for me? On how to, ah... break into the market, so to speak. I hear the less water ya drink, the more pungent the taste."

Twice Knightly Twice Knightly

2560px-Black_Rock_Shooter_logo.svg.png

378-3784488_brs-main-black-rock-shooter-png.png

GRAVITY FALLS - TENT OF TELEPATHY
For the rest of the time that the fight went on, she remained low to the ground and leaning against her weapon - eventually managing to muster up the strength to stand and reclaim her blade. With her blade back in her right hand and her gun still in her left, she was ready to get back in the action. She was about to, in fact, before a powerful crack echoed out from inside the tent - and suddenly, the amplified blue shine in her eyes dies out.

It's like she had just been displaced, rubbing her eyes as she gets a grip back on her sense of self and quickly noticing the damage she had withstood from her previous endeavours. Scars, scratches, and a handful of dirt for good measure from crashing into every so often - it was all there. She seemed more than confused after all of this, and so, she walked back to the tent to see what was going on now. The fire was out, and everyone was back to normal - much to her relief, the situation had been diffused.

If it wasn't for another one to take its place.

“OKAY, OKAY. YOU GOT ME, FOUR-EYES.”

What impeccable timing. This must be what the group was looking for. She wasted no time in aiming her weapon as if to threaten him - only to feel a sharp sting in her arms as she was swiftly reintroduced to the injuries she had sustained earlier. She winced and let out an annoyed and pained grunt as her arms lowered, causing the cold steel of her weapon to slam into the ground and scatter both dirt and dust in a tiny area next to her (to her left).

Admittedly, she was not too intimidated by what she was looking at - at least, as far as appearances were concerned - and then this thing opened the mouth it doesn't seem to physically have... and she quickly understood why he was mentioned right from the start. Whatever this Bill and/or 'Cipher' thing is, she could quickly identify that he was a chaotic entity, for sure. Of course, her own weakness had prevented her from acting - but it's highly likely she wouldn't have been able to hurt him anyways.

And then, everything faded into darkness.
THE NIGHTMARE REALM
The arrival from a pitch black void into a desolate land such as this did not sit right with her. She knew it was bad news that they were in such a place as soon as she saw what was in front of her - it was so barren and bleak out here. It was dull as void of seemingly any and all life - she hadn't quite seen anywhere this desolate in a while. As much as she was confused, she remained on guard as she sprung to her feet, with her cannon still armed if needed and her blade on stand-by - but there were just a few questions.

Where is this place, and what the heck happened here? Is this just how this 'realm' he mentioned is normally?

The group would get some of these answers, sure, but Rock was not willing to let her guard down immediately - even as they were found by a certain Stanford Pines. She whipped around the moment she heard the voice, but ultimately, the adrenaline died down. He was supposedly stuck in here, too, and likely for similar reasons. She had assumed they'd gotten in Bill's way at some point, so this world - this realm - was sort of like purgatory for all of the potential thorns in his side. Well, isn't that just perfect?

She let out a sigh of relief - and as she followed the rest of the group (behind Ford and Anne), she raised a brow at the location's name. Twilight Town, huh? She's not the only one to pick up on such things - shrugging it off as a mere coincidence at best. Even in a place like this, there's at least 'some' form of a safe haven...? She decides to mostly ignore the 'locals' around here for a moment, deciding that the best thing to do would be to explore the surroundings - to try and get a loose understanding of what was nearby exactly, and try to make the most out of any hollow, deathly breeze that may not even flow here.

Whether or not anyone really notices her walking off or decides to follow her is none of her business, but she has not allowed much time - if any time at all - for her injuries to heal. Even if this course of action is risky, she figures if they're going to be here a while, it's better to get to know what's around rather than just sitting idle and not knowing before it might be too late to find out.
Hex Code: #487ea8
Font: Tahoma
Status (physically): Fine (injured)
Status (mentally/emotionally): Fine (formerly mind controlled)
Items: Rock Cannon (inactive), Black Blade (inactive), Watch (activated earlier, on right wrist)
Skills/Abilities: Superhuman strength, speed, and durability
Course of action: Exploring Twilight Town
Interactions: Twice Knightly Twice Knightly (GM)
Mentions: N/A
Nearby/In Group: Pretty much everyone

greedling_banner.png

Asuka feels a familiar presence come up from behind her and tap her on the shoulder -- Greed, looking resolutely sheepish, eyes closed.

"Now a good time?" he says, in a voice distinctly not Greed's.

I5nZz18.png

Leo sure was exhausted from their previous ordeal... then again, it was weirder to not be utterly tired to the point of collapse by now.

Hershel smiled with a bit of self-mockery before addressing his ally again.
"A wet rag, is it? Yeah, I can at least figure that out for you" He flashed Leo a kind smile before turning, and going towards the bartender. Yet he stopped his stride midway through turning his face back to the bearer of the god eyes

"Oh and Sage doesn't like bars or alcohol, moral reasons... at the moment, he is probably not too softened up about it. So if he starts to wake up, maybe walk him out of here towards an inn? With that, I'll be back in a bit" He gave a lazy wave to Leo as he finally reached the bartender, willfully ignoring the scene that an unpleasant gunslinger was trying to make.

Though seeing a shirtless man with a cat on his shoulder and a left arm charred black must be quite the sight, even if his smile is quite peaceful and friendly. Regardless, he waved over Podley with his healthy arm, the one with a cat on its shoulder

"Hey bartender? Two- no, three things! What currencies do you take? What wines can you offer? Oh and might I get a wet rag? Its so the young man over there can clean himself up" The duke signaled in Leo's direction with his head at the last point, before returning to looking at Podley with curiosity, waiting for answers.

Interaction: (Leo + GM) Twice Knightly Twice Knightly

"Oh, sorry about that," Poddley proceeds to grab a handful of ice cubes and drop them into Micah's glass without much care at all. Half the drink splashes out and onto the bar (some of it even on Micah himself). Before he can complain, though, he's already turned to face Hershel, "Well, one, Ford's already paid covered your tabs, so don't worry there. Two, just name the drink and we probably have it. And three..." Poddley reaches under the bar and produces a rag. He runs it under the faucet just enough to dampen it, before handing it to the man. "Here you go."

allegedlydave allegedlydave Thexcentrichilean Thexcentrichilean

As Rock goes out to explore the small village, she finds that there's even less to explore than in Gravity Falls. She spots a few places, namely a shop, an inn, the aforementioned bar, and a large building that looks like it could potentially house the mayor. Other than that, she only finds dead trees and equally dead soil througout the town and stretching in either direction as far as the eye can see.

BoltBeam BoltBeam

Ling finds Asuka hunkered over a small table in the corner. The mug she holds is... frankly, really big for a girl her size. But she seems to be handling it without issue, sipping down some like it's water. The drink in question is a German specialty - something only Medic would recognize, unless he or anyone else here happened to be familiar with German alcohol. Eiskaffe on the rocks with a shot of rum. She'd been staring out of the window until now, admittedly waiting for Shinji to show up. She'd find him herself... but she's far too sore for that.

When Ling reaches her, Asuka turns to face him and glances up - tiredly.

c213c03b20af292f5a8d665cdfa7833b6d86be14.pnj

"Probably not..." she admits with a groan, before ultimately nodding at the chair across the table. She takes another sip of her drink, "But I can't exactly stop you, can I?"

allegedlydave allegedlydave Sir Skrubbins Sir Skrubbins Nokirathephantom Nokirathephantom

greedling_banner.png

"Didn't think so," Ling replies, easing himself into the chair across from Asuka and crossing one leg over the other, "but it was worth a shot, wasn't it?"

Ling drums his fingers on the glass his drink came in, but doesn't partake of it quite yet.

"Sorry, for... what we had to do. If there was another way, we would've taken it."

Ling chuckles dryly, taking to staring out of the window himself.

"It's nothing permanent, at least. I learned how to do it in my homeland -- you'll have some trouble breathing for a little while, and probably some pain, but that's about it. Small price to pay, I'd hope."

Ling goes to sip his drink, but stops himself. He sighs, sets the glass down again, and turns to face Asuka properly.

"I don't think I ever got your names. You and the one you came with. I don't think you got mine, either -- Ling Yao."

Ling holds out his hand for Asuka to shake.

"I've been through worse," Asuka lets her stare linger to really emphasize her eyepatch. And then she shrugs and returns to her drink, "Besides, I hardly even remember it." She isn't lying there. Whatever that freak had done to her brain had luckily fogged it up enough to make it seem like a hard-to-remember dream. She isn't sure that she'd let herself live it down if she had to remember the specifics.

"Asuka," she flatly responds once her sip is down, before reaching out and weakly shaking his hand. She doesn't bother with a firm grip or anything. Not with how numb her arm feels. "The idiot who showed up with me is Shinji."

She pauses, for a moment, keeping her glass half-raised and half-lowered. Her eye dips into her drink as well, and she stares down at her reflection, rippling in the murky liquid.

"He's... okay, right?"

And then her eye shoots back up, making perfect contact with his.

"Don't tell him I asked."

allegedlydave allegedlydave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back