• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Left for Dead

Midrick

She Konrad on my Curze till I Nighthaunt
Supporter
Welcome to Allegheny Pennsylvania, the place that started the cataclysm that would throw the world into chaos. On an ubiquitous day in early March, a man checked into the hospital complaining about fever, fatigue, and body pains. He was admitted into the hospital and doctors began examining him. The symptoms were comparable to the common flu, but with one catch.... he died two days later without any rhyme or reason, his body had simply shut down at an astonishing rate. Then the doctor who was treating him became sick. Within a week she died. The green flu , as it became know, killed everyone in the hospital. The hospital was quarantined, then something horrific happened, the man came backfrom the dead. This occurred to everyone who was infected with the green flu. The problem was, that symptoms of the green flu only manifest when the person who has it is about to die. Once someone displayed symptoms it was already to late for them. Scientists didn't figure that out until a week after the infection had consumed most of Pittsburgh and the outlying cities. The green flu virus was highly infectious and was transmutable while it incubated, people didn't even know they had it and they were spreading it. By the time CEDA figured that out, most of northern and western Pennsylvania had been ravaged by the virus. the only quarantine zone that still has a semblance of order is Philadelphia and the cities and towns in a 50 mile radius. Some people are immune to the virus like me. Why I don't know, maybe our immune system was too strong, maybe the infection assimilated into our bodies better and developed a symbiotic relationship, like I said I'm not a scientist, I'm a marine. If you're immune and still in this hell hole, I heard a chopper pilot saying that he would pick up people on top of mercy hospital. Get to the safe house near the redline station. I'm hiding out there, this is probably the only way to get to a safe zone aside from getting all the way from Pittsburgh to Philly, and you got a better chance of seeing god than getting there. This is your and my last chance to escape.
Message written by Pat Smith , marine raider stationed in Allegheny before the fall . written 3/20 . It's 3/21

Hey, how you doing. If your reading this, thank you for taking the time. If you are interested in this lets get this one thing out of the way. This is based on the left 4 dead series, but this is not like the game. I love left for dead, mowing down hordes, killing the special infected, the finale fights. But what I want to do with this is bring it down to earth. This pretty much means that if you get punched by a tank, your going to have a couple of bruised or broken ribs. That being said I have a few basic rules. No godmode characters. What kills most rp's is that one guy who says his oc gets shot in the face by a Barret .50 cal and shrugs it off like a spitball. Pretty much keep it realistic your not going to bounce right up if you get hit really hard. Try and keep post length to at least a paragraph. That being said don't write a five paragraph essay either. Try and keep one liners to a minimum. One last basic rule if you and another person's character decide to do the wild thing, just fade to black, take a lesson from fallout my friends. Now that we got that down we will be able to make OC's and cannon characters. If you decide to create an OC they will see Pat's (my OC) message they will make their way toward the redline station. As for the original group from Left 4 dead, the OC's will have just missed them and they will meet on top of mercy hospital. As for what happens in between, that's for you to decide. I look forward to doing this with you guys.
Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford

Users who are viewing this thread

Back