• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern ๐š•๐šŽ๐š๐š ๐š‹๐šŽ๐š‘๐š’๐š—๐š | ๐š’๐š—๐š๐šŽ๐š›๐šŽ๐šœ๐š ๐šŒ๐š‘๐šŽ๐šŒ๐š”

oliver

count the seconds
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Left Behind
  • On the floor of an unrecognizable and dilapidated barn, several strangers-- all young adults from varying backgrounds-- begin to wake. Their joints ache with a dull, throbbing pain and their heads pound with grogginess and confusion. They have no idea how long they've all been asleep, where they are, or how they got there.

Exiting the barn with the expectations of some answers, the strangers discover more questions. The overgrown grass, weeds, and the rusted red decenpickup truck would make anyone believe the plot of land had been abandoned. However, the farmhouse appears to be in decent condition and even has a fresh coat of paint.

The interior is also well-kept. Three floors high and yet, there isn't one speck of dust. The electricity, gas, and water are functioning, though cell phones don't appear to be able to receive no signal. The fridge and cabinets are filled with food that won't be expiring for a while. At least, the calendar pasted to the fridge with a magnet says so. Said calendar also says it's August. The last anyone could recall, it had been May.

Taking a trip into the forest that surrounds the farm won't do any good, there is nothing to find. The strangers will soon come to realize that no matter what they do, they always end up right where they started. At least for now that's the case.

With the few possessions that had been transported with them and their memories that run short of an explanation, the strangers have next to no connection with their previous life. All seems lost and worthless until things inexplicably begin to change. Will they work to piece the story together or allow things to spiral into chaos?

code by oliver

Plot

On the floor of an unrecognizable and dilapidated barn, several strangers-- all young adults from varying backgrounds-- begin to wake. Their joints ache with a dull, throbbing pain and their heads pound with grogginess and confusion. They have no idea how long they've all been asleep, where they are, or how they got there.

Exiting the barn with the expectations of some answers, the strangers discover more questions. The overgrown grass, weeds, and the rusted red decenpickup truck would make anyone believe the plot of land had been abandoned. However, the farmhouse appears to be in decent condition and even has a fresh coat of paint.

The interior is also well-kept. Three floors high and yet, there isn't one speck of dust. The electricity, gas, and water are functioning, though cell phones don't appear to be able to receive no signal. The fridge and cabinets are filled with food that won't be expiring for a while. At least, the calendar pasted to the fridge with a magnet says so. Said calendar also says it's August. The last anyone could recall, it had been May.

Taking a trip into the forest that surrounds the farm won't do any good, there is nothing to find. The strangers will soon come to realize that no matter what they do, they always end up right where they started. At least for now that's the case.

With the few possessions that had been transported with them and their memories that run short of an explanation, the strangers have next to no connection with their previous life. All seems lost and worthless until things inexplicably begin to change. Will they work to piece the story together or allow things to spiral into chaos?

Rules

1. As always, all RPN rules apply.

2. This group will be for advanced roleplayers only. Good grammar, punctuation, and syntax are necessary. In addition, posts are expected to be 400+ words or at least a couple of paragraphs. If you cannot confidently and comfortable comply to these expectations, this roleplay probably isn't for you.

3. Discord is necessary for out of character chatting and planning. The actual roleplay will take place on RPN, but all of the out of character discussion will take place in a Discord server.

4. This roleplay is application-based and NOT first-come, first-serve. Eventually, a deadline for character sheets will be set and the accepted people will be sent the Discord server link in PMs. I am planning to accept around 6 to 8 people, each person only having one character.

5. Face claims for characters should be realistic. Drawn/anime face claims won't be accepted.

6. Once the roleplay begins, please be able to post at least once or twice a week. Real life will always take priority, but this is to keep things moving along.

7. For maturity and comfort's sake, please be 16+ when applying.

About + Links

Howdy! My name is Oliver! I've had this idea sloshing around inside my head for a very long time and last year I tried to get it off the ground but unfortunately that didn't happen. So, here's the reboot! If you're wondering why the concept might sound familiar, that may be why. But, also I've found similarities between this idea and The Society, a show on Netflix which you should check out if you have the time!

This roleplay will be character driven with a mystery theme and possibly sci-fi ones later on. I am looking to accept only a small group of people-- between 6-8 probably as I said in the rules. If there are any questions go ahead and put them in the ooc thread or send me a pm! I look forward to seeing what kinds of characters people create!

OOC

Character Sheets

In Character (tba)​

Last edited:
ooooo inch rested ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ

interested!!

absolutely interested!

oh yes oh Yes

I'm interested. For the face claim, when you say realistic, do you mean realistic digital drawings or realistic as in people? Or either or?

I'm interested. For the face claim, when you say realistic, do you mean realistic digital drawings or realistic as in people? Or either or?
I meant real people! But if you can get something like Artbreeder to work for you or have realistic digital drawings (and its your own art/you have explicit permission from the artist to use them), those might be okay too.

I meant real people! But if you can get something like Artbreeder to work for you or have realistic digital drawings (and its your own art/you have explicit permission from the artist to use them), those might be okay too.
No, I already have an actress in mind! I can work with any kind of media so it's totally fine with me! Excited to see the page up, gonna work on my character right now! Hype! Are you gonna ask for a writing sample?

No, I already have an actress in mind! I can work with any kind of media so it's totally fine with me! Excited to see the page up, gonna work on my character right now! Hype! Are you gonna ask for a writing sample?
Alright cool, I can't wait to see what you come up with! And I'm not going to ask for a writing sample, so character sheets will function as the only part of the application!

consider me interested!

Bump!
Also the deadline for character sheets has been decided! If you're interested in applying, make sure you've posted your character by Wednesday, May 19th, 2021 @ 3pm EST!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back