~Le Interaction Roleplay Page~

Chess was a snorer and he didn't stop sawing logs until light started show up in the room where it broke his restfulness. He tried to avoid it but he was the sort who wasn't good at getting sleep back once it was leaving. So soon he was sitting up and groggily stretching. His yellow hair was half-fallen out of its ponytail, so he pulled it out all the way to redo it. He was still pretty rumpled though.

------

Bernard blamed the other two ham-fisted agents for the sluggish rate of progress. He couldn't imagine how much further they would have gotten with interrogation if only they'd bothered to tranq Carter instead of shooting him. Or treating him instead of letting him pass out from blood-loss. Bloodthirsty agents made terrible scientists. He was deeply disappointed in the quality of work from his associates, but it didn't show up much because he was already fairly unsmiling and anti-social in general. It wasn't like any of them wanted to talk to each other anyway.

Carter- 

"Water," he croaked, his throat feeling like it was on fire, "Please."

Kyle grinned. "Someone's finally learned some manners," he taunted, but he grabbed a water bottle and opened it. "Head back," he said as he held the bottle to the boy's lips.

Taylor Allen

She walked back into the room, looking as polished and professional as ever with a new pair of black pumps, and noticed Ventz still in the room. She assumed that he had slept there that night.

"Ventz," she called to him, walking so that she was standing near them," I see his leg was wrapped properly during the night. Was there any disturbance? Any pain that is concerning?"

Shannon Brey

She shifted at the loss of heat when Tullio moved and sighed, opening her eyes with a confused frown, and sitting up. Blinking a couple times, she finally remembered what all had happened the previous day and rubbed at her wrists and neck out of habit. During the nights at the island they would often place shock collars and bracelets on her to make sure she couldn't get out using her abilities. It was a bit weird not to have them on. Leaning back on her forearms she groaned, standing up groggily and starting towards the door in the floor a few feet away.

"I'm going to check on the plan to rescue Carter, I'll be back," she said before leaving, glad for one thing of her abilities: she could subconsciously calm her wild bedhead. 

"He was out all night. He's just waking up now and asking for water..." Kyle took the bottle away. "Guess we better get back to it." He set the bottle down. "Maybe try the stronger serum? It's never been tested, but what do we have to lose? He's our lab rat anyway when it comes to that." 

--------

Nick moved away from the young girl to go sit near Chess, but she followed him. He sighed and did his best to ignore her. "Good morning."

Carter-

Carter drank as much water as he could before it was taken away. He was exhausted and hungry and sore. He felt worse than he had in years... And now it was going to get worse. 

He glared at Allen as she stood next to him. He hated her... He barely knew her, but he knew he hated her. He tried to speak, but just started coughing.

Taylor Allen

Her gaze shifted to Carter, her face emotionless as it had been since any of them had known her, and she lifted her hands to the cuffs holding his wrists with the key she had found for them. She knew she would most likely get in trouble for stealing them from the security office, but she had a hypothesis to test. She was, after all, a scientist through and through; logic was her language, and Carter was an experiment for her at that moment. Unlocking him before Ventz could stop her, she stepped back, grabbing the water and holding it out to him.

"It is logical for you to hate me Carter, but for us to continue our current course of exploration, it is better for you to be healthy," she said, not even the slightest bit of emotion in her words," My task is not to torture you, it is to find answers in the most efficient way possible. This is not the most efficient way, so, logic states that we try another way."

Looking to Ventz she continued as if she hadn't just released Carter and basically told him she was disobeying orders.

"Yes, that would be a good idea, once we are sure that his leg is healed. We do not need unforeseen variables to get in the way."

(damn scientist xD)

Carter-

Carter fell over without the restraints around his wrists to hold him up. He looked up at her, wondering what her plan could be. He didn't want to take anything from her... but he was still thirsty. He snatched the water bottle out of her hand before she could change her mind and drank the rest. He coughed again for a few seconds, then said in a scratchy voice, "Some pain meds would be pretty nice."

Tullio-

"I h-hope we c-c-can get him out..." Tullio said nervously. Carter wasn't his favorite person, but he didn't like the thought of anyone being in pain. "I hope he's ok-kay."

Ventz tried to remain neutral as Allen freed Carter. At least he couldn't get far with his leg like that. He would make it as far as the door before he was caught. "We should administer it as soon as possible... The longer we wait, the further away they get. We need to know if he knows where they planned on heading next."

Shannon Brey

She walked back in a bit more awake and with her hair up in a rather messy ponytail, though now it was more of a red-brown fading to purple, and her features were more similar to her normal ones. Shannon hoped they wouldn't notice, but she had stopped in front of a mirror on her way back.

"So, you're not allowed to ask me much about how we're getting Carter out, but Tullio's not allowed to come and it's going to be loud," she said matter of factly, sitting back down near them, giving the girl following Nick around a pointed "go away" look. The girl quickly skittered off, as she knew who Shannon was, or at least who she was in this gang.

Taylor Allen

"Calm down Ventz, there's only so much we're going to get from him if he dies here," she commented shortly, standing with her arms crossed looking down at Carter," go get some supplies to clean his wound and remove the bullet, would you?"

She was trying to get him out. Taylor had some questions of her own to ask Carter, and she'd already made sure any recording was temporarily down. These were the benefits of being rather disconcerned with other humans and their agendas.

Tullio-

"B-but what if you g-get hurt?" he asked, concerned when Shannon said that he couldn't come along. "I c-can heal you, I'm r-r-really g-good at it, I p-p-p-p..." he couldn't get the word to come out of his mouth. His face grew red and he looked down at the ground in shame, trying not to cry.

Nick looked at Shannon, slightly annoyed. "How are we supposed to help if you can't tell us anything?" he asked, thankful for the moment that his admirer was gone.

----------

Kyle sighed and nodded, leaving the room to get supplies. The boy would probably need some clothes too... He headed into his office to look for something. All he could find were his clothes from yesterday that had since dried. It was good enough. He grabbed the uniform and then started looking for medical supplies.

Carter-

Carter looked up at Allen once Ventz left the room. "What do you want?" he asked.

Chess smiled a bit when Nick came over, and frowned a bit when Shannon came out, talking to them about keeping them in the dark. It was more bullshit on the growing pile.

"Yeah," he agreed with Nick, "That's a pretty big heap of bull. If we're gonna be involved anyway, there's no point in keepin' us in the dark. Ain't like we got spies or shit to worry about, s' just us," he complained.

Shannon Brey

She huffed, knowing they would respond like this, and glaring at them.

"Look, you want to take it up with the woman who tends to shoot up coffee shops because they got her mocha wrong, be my guest," she retorted," but for now, all I can tell you is, Caiman finds Tullio sweet and wants to make sure he doesn't get hurt, and she's keeping this on a rather need-to-know basis."

Taylor Allen

"To test something," she responded, crouching so that she was at eye-level with him," I am a scientist. I came here to study the capabilities of the human body and how we could improve those capabilities, yet all I've seen them do here is torture their current subjects and chase them around new york city like cats in a rat maze. You are able to withstand some of the deadliest poisons known to man, yet, they've yet to test if they can enhance anything else about you. Do you know why?"

Her hand slipped to the pocket of the blazer she was wearing and pulled out a small white bottle. She held it in her hand between them and analyzed his reaction.

(Not a rhetorical question, she is genuinely curious xD)

Carter-

"They tried... I'm a failed experiment..." He eyed the bottle in her hand, "What's that?" 

((Sorry, I'm exhausted))

"And we don't need to know?" Nick asked in frustration. "This is sketchy as fuck." He understood leaving Tullio behind, but how were they supposed to be part of the plan without knowing the plan?

Taylor Allen

"It's another attempt," she responded, placing the bottle down next to him and standing back up," and I think it might actually work. If your interested of course."

Shannon Brey

"Look if I could tell you I would," she said frustratedly," but for now, just be prepared to leave any time. She hasn't even told ME that."

Carter-

"Nope. Not interested in participating in any more experiments," he told her, trying to back away a little bit.

"Be ready to go? Be ready for what? Naw, this is bull. I'm not trusting some secret plan that's jus' between you'n' Radioactive Woman. That's straight stupid," Chess protested. "I already don't give a fuck about Carter. I'm not gonna add jumpin' into some fuckin' druggy's plan on top of already not really wantin' t'stick my neck out for him."

Taylor Allen

"Carter," she said in a warning tone," the others in the program aren't interested in you anymore, but as you know by now they won't kill you. I'm giving you a chance to have a purpose."

Nick was torn. On one hand, he knew that it was wrong t leave Carter stranded when he had risked himself to warn them. On the other hand, Chess was right. This was really risky, and they didn't know what they were getting into. "How do we know she's not leading us to our deaths?" he asked.

Caiman

"You don't," she answered Nick, walking forward a few steps from where she'd stopped to listen," but, as Shannon has told you, if you want to know, just ask."

Taylor Allen

She narrowed her eyes at him, knowing she was running out of time before Ventz came back. Picking up the bottle again she stopped.

"Last chance Carter."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back