World Building Language development

Destructive_demigod

So im trying to make a language to use in roleplays. Im using latin roots primarily, but so far its just replacing sounds with other sounds (which im trying to move away from) and grammer. If anyone know how, could you help me or give tips?

• Definitely check out The Language Construction Kit
  • If you're making a Romance language, there are plenty of resources available for those; make sure to take advantage of them all. Look on wiktionary for the etymology of words of Romance languages/Vulgar Latin/Old Romance languages (Old French, Old Italian, et cetera).
  • Have fun. Remember that it's your conlang and that as long as it does whatever you're making it to do, it's fine.

Remember to think about who speaks the language. What cultural background do they have, how is their anatomy like? From those two questions, what sounds are they most likely to make? What words are they most likely to associate with negative or positive concepts or to be featured more commonly among the language?

There is also a video about worldbuilding names, I don't have time to find it today, but I'll link it one of these days.

Remember to think about who speaks the language. What cultural background do they have, how is their anatomy like? From those two questions, what sounds are they most likely to make? What words are they most likely to associate with negative or positive concepts or to be featured more commonly among the language?

There is also a video about worldbuilding names, I don't have time to find it today, but I'll link it one of these days.
  • Definitely check out The Language Construction Kit
  • If you're making a Romance language, there are plenty of resources available for those; make sure to take advantage of them all. Look on wiktionary for the etymology of words of Romance languages/Vulgar Latin/Old Romance languages (Old French, Old Italian, et cetera).
  • Have fun. Remember that it's your conlang and that as long as it does whatever you're making it to do, it's fine.

Thank you so much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back