• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Land Of Merath (Open and Accepting)

Takenaka Emika

Adventurous and Curious

Age of Gods (before circa 200 A.C.)

The gods of Mareth — Marae, Fera and the remainder of the lesser gods — were the only sapient life on the world. All other life were non-intelligent organisms much as we have here, sentient and non sentient.

Marae and Fera were as sisters.

The gods of Merath were formless masses of energy, none took on any substantial form.

latest

Last edited by a moderator:

Character: Sophia

Sophia crouched on a ledge, looking downwards and across the trees that surrounded her home. suddenly she spread her wings, and stepped off the ledge. Moments later she was dive bombing downward. She grinned and suddenly let out a bird-like screech. Right before she hit the trees, she angled her wings so she would soar up and over the treetops instead. It was a bright, sunny day and just after noon.​

Character: Lyra

Lyra follows the overgrown path inland, away from the shore of the lake. She pass through thick trees, struggling not to lose the path, before finally reaching what is clearly the end. In front of her lie crumbling walls, broken and scattered by the wind and rain... and by other forces entirely. Beyond them are houses that have been torn apart, burned or collapsed. This was clearly once a village, but it was devastated at some point in the past. Demon attack is the first possibility that leaps into her mind. Lyra examine the ruins for a time, and then decide to head back to camp thinking its not safe​

It is now night time in the land of Mareth

The temperature dropped down to 32 Degrees

Monsters are now more active during the night and more dangerous

Character Lyra and Sophia head back to the safety of their camp​

Lyra sees the sun setting and decides to head back to her camp, she arrives and heads inside. The fire-pit and tent are both set up perfectly, and in good repair, and she even managed to carve some artwork into the rocks around the camp’s perimeter. A thorny tree has sprouted near the center of the camp, growing a protective canopy of spiky vines around the portal and her camp. The portal shimmers in the background as it always does

Making sure that the thorns keep out the demons she heads to her tent and heads to bed til dawn arrives​

Oromis got up from his study, and looked across his land. He quite enjoyed the quite time to study but...something was...empty? Who knows... He walked down stairs. Everything was in order...as usual. He left the tower and walked around, ignoring the bowing and compliments. "Oh Gods perhaps I really should expand...there's gotta be something more...

Inheritance said:
Oromis got up from his study, and looked across his land. He quite enjoyed the quite time to study but...something was...empty? Who knows... He walked down stairs. Everything was in order...as usual. He left the tower and walked around, ignoring the bowing and compliments. "Oh Gods perhaps I really should expand...there's gotta be something more...
Character: Sophia

While Sophia was flying back to her village she spots something far off in the distance, curiously she flies off towards a strange tower, scanning the area below she spots a figure, flying down to take a closer look she tries not to be seen

[QUOTE="Takenaka Emika]Character: Sophia
While Sophia was flying back to her village she spots something far off in the distance, curiously she flies off towards a strange tower, scanning the area below she spots a figure, flying down to take a closer look she tries not to be seen

[/QUOTE]
Of course she was noticed, she was flying over a country of magic users. Until she reached the capital, nobody gave a damn. Once she got to the capital, many eyes were already there. Including that of the arch Mage. He sighed, cast a spell, and began flying up to her. He was no great flyer, but he could do it.

Inheritance said:
Of course she was noticed, she was flying over a country of magic users. Until she reached the capital, nobody gave a damn. Once she got to the capital, many eyes were already there. Including that of the arch Mage. He sighed, cast a spell, and began flying up to her. He was no great flyer, but he could do it.
Sophia blinks as she sees someone flying towards her, she can clearly see its not a Harpy or any other bird, She starts to panic as she flies away from the figure not wanting to get captured

[QUOTE="Takenaka Emika]Sophia blinks as she sees someone flying towards her, she can clearly see its not a Harpy or any other bird, She starts to panic as she flies away from the figure not wanting to get captured

[/QUOTE]
Gods damnit. "HEY WAIT! I'm not here to harm you. Just questing!"

[QUOTE="Takenaka Emika]Sophia blinks as she glances over "w..what do you want?! y..your a human!"

[/QUOTE]
"Of course young one? And you are?" Like he didn't already know. Maybe she wouldn't be a bore

Inheritance said:
"Of course young one? And you are?" Like he didn't already know. Maybe she wouldn't be a bore
Sophia blinks "isn't it obvious? i'm a Harpy... have you not ever seen one before?" Sophia says a bit confused as she thought all humans knew about Harpies

[QUOTE="Takenaka Emika]Sophia blinks "isn't it obvious? i'm a Harpy... have you not ever seen one before?" Sophia says a bit confused as she thought all humans knew about Harpies

[/QUOTE]
(Check your Sign ups there are people trying)

"Of course I know. Just confirming you weren't some Mage disguised as one. May I ask why you're here? He tried to lean on something. He hated flying. "Why don't we come to my tower where we can sit and talk

Inheritance said:
(Check your Sign ups there are people trying)
"Of course I know. Just confirming you weren't some Mage disguised as one. May I ask why you're here? He tried to lean on something. He hated flying. "Why don't we come to my tower where we can sit and talk
(I know)

Sophia shrugs as she looks around "as long as nobody tries to capture me"

"I can give you my word as the King, and Archmage of this land, Bracada, no harm will come to you here. Nothing against your will either.

Inheritance said:
"I can give you my word as the King, and Archmage of this land, Bracada, no harm will come to you here. Nothing against your will either.
Sophia nods slowly "o..okay...I...t..trust..you"

"Follow me" he dropped, and right when it looked like he would smash into the ground, he floated lightly down, and began walking back to the tower. "Come now"

Inheritance said:
"Follow me" he dropped, and right when it looked like he would smash into the ground, he floated lightly down, and began walking back to the tower. "Come now"
Sophia flies down landing on the ground not far from him as she ruffles her feathers and follows him as she catches herself having a difficult time walking with talons but she gets the hang of it

[QUOTE="Takenaka Emika]

Lyra sees the sun setting and decides to head back to her camp, she arrives and heads inside. The fire-pit and tent are both set up perfectly, and in good repair, and she even managed to carve some artwork into the rocks around the camp’s perimeter. A thorny tree has sprouted near the center of the camp, growing a protective canopy of spiky vines around the portal and her camp. The portal shimmers in the background as it always does

Making sure that the thorns keep out the demons she heads to her tent and heads to bed til dawn arrives​

[/QUOTE]
(i read the part about there being a portal in Lyra's home. so im use that to jump in. also, Lyra is a kitsune right?)

Suddenly a second portal would suddenly open inside Lyra's home's wall of thorns. A white haired crimson eyed man would come though, landing on his ass as if he'd fallen through the new portal rather than stepped through it. The portal closed instantly. "where the hell im i now?" The man asked, standing up and looking around until he saw a female kitsune girl.(or insert what she is if im wrong)

Rei gave the girl a half bow in greeting. "it seems i've dropped into a lovely lady's home unannounced, i apologize for my rather sudden entry."

[QUOTE="Shiro kurogane](i read the part about there being a portal in Lyra's home. so im use that to jump in. also, Lyra is a kitsune right?)
Suddenly a second portal would suddenly open inside Lyra's home's wall of thorns. A white haired crimson eyed man would come though, landing on his ass as if he'd fallen through the new portal rather than stepped through it. The portal closed instantly. "where the hell im i now?" The man asked, standing up and looking around until he saw a female kitsune girl.(or insert what she is if im wrong)

Rei gave the girl a half bow in greeting. "it seems i've dropped into a lovely lady's home unannounced, i apologize for my rather sudden entry."

[/QUOTE]
(no Alexa is the Kitsune Lyra is the Succubus)

Lyra blinks as she sees a portal open, she quivkky grabs her sword ready to defend her camp but what she sees coming out of the portal shocks her, She blinks lowering her sword "y..your in Mareth.. h..how.. where did you come from?"

Zelarous sat upon a throne of ice. He enjoyed this little encampment he had of the 'lower species'. Humans, elves, and all sorts of lowly creatures to worship him. It wasn't like they were given much choice, and what better way to make sure your followers remain loyal. It was no kingdom, but a decently sized village. A fire flickered in the middle of the room in which he stared at in silence. A small group of worshipers were on their knees with their head's lowered as if they were beckoning to a god. A smirk came over Zelarous' lips, what greater feat is there, than to be worshiped? 'Perhaps one day they will all fall on there knees before me?' he let out a small almost silent chuckle. Wouldn't that be something?

[QUOTE="Takenaka Emika](no Alexa is the Kitsune Lyra is the Succubus)
Lyra blinks as she sees a portal open, she quivkky grabs her sword ready to defend her camp but what she sees coming out of the portal shocks her, She blinks lowering her sword "y..your in Mareth.. h..how.. where did you come from?"

[/QUOTE]
(srry, i misremembered them)

Rei stood back straight up and placed his top hat back onto his head. "is Mareth the name of this world? oh sorry, it was quite rude to not introduce myself. i am Rei, a world Traveler. someone who travels across the multiverse to different worlds." Rei gave a quick bow. "the world i just came from was called Gastrea. now, might i ask to be blessed with knowing your name, mil'lady?"

[QUOTE="Shiro kurogane](srry, i misremembered them)
Rei stood back straight up and placed his top hat back onto his head. "is Mareth the name of this world? oh sorry, it was quite rude to not introduce myself. i am Rei, a world Traveler. someone who travels across the multiverse to different worlds." Rei gave a quick bow. "the world i just came from was called Gastrea. now, might i ask to be blessed with knowing your name, mil'lady?"

[/QUOTE]
Lyra blinks as she lowers her sword "its a good thing I'm in my human form" Lyra thinks to herself "my name is Lyra.. and actually only this part of the planet is Mareth, the other is Ingnam.. although that place is much safer" Lyra shrugs

[QUOTE="Takenaka Emika]Lyra blinks as she lowers her sword "its a good thing I'm in my human form" Lyra thinks to herself "my name is Lyra.. and actually only this part of the planet is Mareth, the other is Ingnam.. although that place is much safer" Lyra shrugs

[/QUOTE]
"Lyra..." Rei repeated, moving so that he stood directly in front of her and stared into Lyra's eyes intently for a second. After which, Rei smiled at Lyra and took her hand. Where he placed a kiss on the top of her hand. "Lady Lyra... such a beautiful sounding name. Rei stood back up again and seemed to look apologetic for the weird gesture. "ah, sorry. i picked up those habits from staying a bit too long in Gastea. i apologize if you found any of that rude just now."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back