• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Lamed: You All Meet in a Tavern (Always Open and Accepting)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Karry Asher
*Sniff Sniff*
Upon being beckoned Karry ran over. She had never had so many people care about her and her feelings at once since the Forest Camp. The janitor was the one who Karry had been scared of earlier. But now that she had some time to be up close and let her olfactory senses do the jobs they were meant to do... he didn't quite smell right.

She pointed at him. "You don't sm-smell human." She realized this was probably rude but this was the first contact she'd had with actual nice people in a while. She had sort of forgotten protocol when it came to talking.

Sir Percival of the Crimson Eagle
•••●•••
Percival had had an exhausting day of walking around the city constantly searching for something of grand importance to do. As anticipated by Percy this city was rather dull, especially the surface level Percy had tirelessly scoured. With night drawing in and the hefty need for rest Percy searched for what he thought would be his new home for the night. He eventually decided on an inn, No Man's Land.
•••​
Percival soon found his way to the Inn. From the outside Percy could easily tell that there was no doubt multiple scum and villainous persons within the inn, but it was much better than sleeping on the cold hard ground.

With his longsword safely sheathed in his scabbard, Percival made his way into the building. Off the bat he could see multiple sketchy looking persons, but 2 things had caught his eye. First was a small group of the city gaurd, effectively low ranking knights standing in the corner. Percy gave a nod to them and they returned the notion, going back to whatever conversation they were having. The next thing that had caught his eye was a very ragtag group of individuals, many of whom looked like pure devious fiends. Even worse the only open seat on the bar happened to be next to the group.

With a heavy sigh Percy made his way to the bar and sat down, trying to not look at the group. He took off his helmet and sat it next to him as he politely asked the bartender for an ale. Out of the corner of his eye he could see the people in the group. Most of the people looked human enough within the group, though there were many features that stood out among them. They all seemed to be talking to what Percy thought was a human girl who had been in tears just moments ago. He was hardly drunk enough to interject on this groups conversation, so he ordered another ale and quietly drank it, trying his best to sneakily eavesdrop on the group.

Tharagan "Thar" Ironwood
This man... he seems good.
Tharagan had sat back down. He was ready to help, but questioning and tender gestures were best left to the others. He occupied himself with other things. The man who had sat down next to him, for example. He studied him. He seemed like a good person, possibly one of the purest people in this tavern. He tapped the man on the shoulder.

"You... good?" He asked, his bad skill with common showing through again.

CharmingCthulhu CharmingCthulhu

The offer seemed inticing, he could leave his job to pursue something greater or to keep at the only lifestyle he’s known outside of the Tribal lifestyle in the woods. “What’s in it for me exactly?” he asked not wanting to miss the next opportunity.
"Well, I don't know what comes after helping this girl, but were probably going to do something with high rewards." The Sandman said. "Look, I used to have that same mindset. But along the way iv'e seen some horrible stuff, and I turned a blind eye to it. Just choosing to rob, but now I might as well help at least one citizen of Lamed, wheter it be a gnome, a kitsune, an elf, a human, or anything else." The Sandman looked over at Karry, sure he was just an aging elf. Dishonorable and dishonest, but he was determined to help someone out.

Sir Percival of the Crimson Eagle
•••●•••
Percy was taken aback by the tap on his shoulder. He was so focused on trying yo eavesdrop he had failed to notice the noticeably burly man sitting next to him. Quickly regaining compuser he looked to the burly man. He looked to be a mountainous man covered in tattoos and with common tribal braiding, possibly a goliath.

"Oh. Yes I'm good, exhausted from a day of walking is all."

He looked over to the girl who had been in tears in the group, "What of her? Is she alright?"

BackSet BackSet

Karry Asher
*Sniff Sniff*
Upon being beckoned Karry ran over. She had never had so many people care about her and her feelings at once since the Forest Camp. The janitor was the one who Karry had been scared of earlier. But now that she had some time to be up close and let her olfactory senses do the jobs they were meant to do... he didn't quite smell right.

She pointed at him. "You don't sm-smell human." She realized this was probably rude but this was the first contact she'd had with actual nice people in a while. She had sort of forgotten protocol when it came to talking.
"Well, I don't know what comes after helping this girl, but were probably going to do something with high rewards." The Sandman said. "Look, I used to have that same mindset. But along the way iv'e seen some horrible stuff, and I turned a blind eye to it. Just choosing to rob, but now I might as well help at least one citizen of Lamed, wheter it be a gnome, a kitsune, an elf, a human, or anything else." The Sandman looked over at Karry, sure he was just an aging elf. Dishonorable and dishonest, but he was determined to help someone out.
Kai (John Kenway)

He shot a harsh gaze at Karry “Well maybe it’s because i’ve been moping the floors all day!” exclaimed John “If you’ve been working the way I do, i’m sure you’d have an inhuman stink!” He hadn’t actually been working for all that long, but he had to say something as to avoid revealing his true form.

“Now I have interest in your plans” said Kai “But I don’t think i’ll join your group untill my shift is over. Do you, by any chance have a camp somewhere?” He didn’t want to leave his boss on short notice with a bunch of bandits as it would arouse too much suspicion among the guards and knights in the room.

Kai (John Kenway)

He shot a harsh gaze at Karry “Well maybe it’s because i’ve been moping the floors all day!” exclaimed John “If you’ve been working the way I do, i’m sure you’d have an inhuman stink!” He hadn’t actually been working for all that long, but he had to say something as to avoid revealing his true form.

“Now I have interest in your plans” said Kai “But I don’t think i’ll join your group untill my shift is over. Do you, by any chance have a camp somewhere?” He didn’t want to leave his boss on short notice with a bunch of bandits as it would arouse too much suspicion among the guards and knights in the room.

He looked around, seeing if anyone had any suggestions. Then it hit him. "There's this elf-human camp down south, it's mainly a slum, cause thats where most people down on their luck go to. It's a regular stopover for bandits looking to get supplies for cheap. I wouldn't suggest going there though, cause i'm sure there are better places." He looked outside to see a couple knights patrolling the area, tearing down the propaganda poster from before, they seemed to be chatting about the tavern before mounting their horses and leaving.

After sitting in a corner and watching everyone she finally spoke

"So we are helping a girl now? for a guy with a 1500 gold bounty, you are rather soft. Not that I have any problems with helping some girl i just need the money.So how do we go about helping this girl? Do we need to wipe out a ton of guards?"

She rubbed her temples in frustration 'this is really confusing me i thought we were just gonna rob people but with this many people...' the thought drifted in and out of her mind.

"If its bandits we are facing we should split into teams and maybe we can even grab a few bounties off them"

Tired she sat back and sipped on what was left of her drink contemplating. She didn't trust anyone so it was better if she tried to gain as much information on them as possible

"hey, mask guy did you invent anything?"

He looked around, seeing if anyone had any suggestions. Then it hit him. "There's this elf-human camp down south, it's mainly a slum, cause thats where most people down on their luck go to. It's a regular stopover for bandits looking to get supplies for cheap. I wouldn't suggest going there though, cause i'm sure there are better places." He looked outside to see a couple knights patrolling the area, tearing down the propaganda poster from before, they seemed to be chatting about the tavern before mounting their horses and leaving.
Kai (John Kenway)

“Better places like what?” wondered Kai alloud “My home is a mere shack about a hundred paces from them tents.” Kai looked back at the floors to see if there were any messes he needed to clean up so he didn’t have to seem suspicious lingering around the bandits.

After sitting in a corner and watching everyone she finally spoke

"So we are helping a girl now? for a guy with a 1500 gold bounty, you are rather soft. Not that I have any problems with helping some girl i just need the money.So how do we go about helping this girl? Do we need to wipe out a ton of guards?"

She rubbed her temples in frustration 'this is really confusing me i thought we were just gonna rob people but with this many people...' the thought drifted in and out of her mind.

"If its bandits we are facing we should split into teams and maybe we can even grab a few bounties off them"

Tired she sat back and sipped on what was left of her drink contemplating. She didn't trust anyone so it was better if she tried to gain as much information on them as possible

"hey, mask guy did you invent anything?"
The Sandman frowned under the mask, for 16 years he was a feared figure, now he's gone soft. "Now I feel like we should try to rob shit first. Were helping her so we can get a lead on those artifacts. " He whispered to Alexis, obviously lying. "Now those bounties should help us out, but we have to tread cautiously, especially elves. Some are getting lynched throughout Lamed." He said loudly. "Now if we need to find caravans to rob, the desert is great. I invented a pair of goggles to help me... see clearly." He went back to whispering to the assassin.

Kai (John Kenway)

“Better places like what?” wondered Kai alloud “My home is a mere shack about a hundred paces from them tents.” Kai looked back at the floors to see if there were any messes he needed to clean up so he didn’t have to seem suspicious lingering around the bandits.

Rayen Kai

Rayen spoke up. "If you would like to meet there I'm sure there's at least one of us..." she looked at Karry, "...that would not want to be near an elf camp any time soon. No offence to you Mr... what's your name?" She gazed curiously at the masked figure near her.

"Goggles huh.Pretty cute.Elves getting lynched? Maybe you should wear your mask so no one knows that you are an elf"

'Damn why does he sound so suspicious' she exhaled and glanced at all the characters 'Adventurer,aim for critical spots.Masked elf,break mask.Large knight,too slow for any real damage.theif lady who was crying a moment ago,unknown.Janitor,unknown' She mentally made notes about the other characters while pretending to be looking around for someone before finally diverting her attention to the adventurer girl that was just asking for the name of the masked elf.

She looked at the adventurer and smiled.

"Hey there i didn't really catch your name."

"Goggles huh.Pretty cute.Elves getting lynched? Maybe you should wear your mask so no one knows that you are an elf"

'Damn why does he sound so suspicious' she exhaled and glanced at all the characters 'Adventurer,aim for critical spots.Masked elf,break mask.Large knight,too slow for any real damage.theif lady who was crying a moment ago,unknown.Janitor,unknown' She mentally made notes about the other characters while pretending to be looking around for someone before finally diverting her attention to the adventurer girl that was just asking for the name of the masked elf.

"The Sandman, It's what you've heard of, It's what you get." He sat there, looking at where the poster was. A girl dressed in a white kimono walked past, she looked inside the tavern. Giggled to herself, then walked away. The Sandman shrugged. what the hell was that all about? he thought.

"The Sandman, It's what you've heard of, It's what you get." He sat there, looking at where the poster was. A girl dressed in a white kimono walked past, she looked inside the tavern. Giggled to herself, then walked away. The Sandman shrugged. what the hell was that all about? he thought.
“So meet you all at the Elven camp?” asked Kai wishing to have one complete shift today “I mean I love to stay & chat, but I’ve got a job that needs doing, so.”

Karry Asher
*more sniffing*
Karry knew this was a lie. That smell was not dirt and dust. She was smelling plenty of that. No, this smell was more, fur and prey. Animal smells.

"That's a lie." She said softly. "I would know that smell anywhere." She was louder this time. "You're..." Her voice began to lower. "Like me... a Kitsune. Aren't you?"

Tonstad39 Tonstad39

Tharagan "Thar" Ironwood
I wonder if this man speaks Goliath.
Tharagan began to speak. His clumsy common was evident. "She was..." He searched for the right word. "Tak...en?" He said the word like a question. He was hoping the man would correct him or confirm yhe word was right. "She want go home."

Tharagan sighed. He wished he could talk in his native tounge. He wanted to apologize. Hoping that maybe the man would not ridicule him. Or that maybe he also spoke his language.

"I am sorry." He said. "My common no good."

Karry Asher
*more sniffing*
Karry knew this was a lie. That smell was not dirt and dust. She was smelling plenty of that. No, this smell was more, fur and prey. Animal smells.

"That's a lie." She said softly. "I would know that smell anywhere." She was louder this time. "You're..." Her voice began to lower. "Like me... a Kitsune. Aren't you?"

Tonstad39 Tonstad39

Tharagan "Thar" Ironwood
I wonder if this man speaks Goliath.
Tharagan began to speak. His clumsy common was evident. "She was..." He searched for the right word. "Tak...en?" He said the word like a question. He was hoping the man would correct him or confirm yhe word was right. "She want go home."

Tharagan sighed. He wished he could talk in his native tounge. He wanted to apologize. Hoping that maybe the man would not ridicule him. Or that maybe he also spoke his language.

"I am sorry." He said. "My common no good."

He immediately whispered into her right ear “Yes I am a Kitsune, but I hide it to avoid being sold. It’s a lie that worked for the past eight years now so try not to blow my cover please”

Rayen Kai

"I haven't heard of you actually. I'm not really from here, but works for me, Sandman." Rayen turned her head towards friendly elf girl next to her. "I'm not surprised you haven't heard of me actually. I don't always tell people exactly who helped them in their time of need, but since you asked it's Rayen, though some call me the black hand, others call me a ghost, yet still others call me a savior. I prefer Rayen so please just call me Rayen." She took a breather after such a nonstop explanation. "And what of you? You have a name?"

"What is it? You looked outside and then you got this weird look on your face"

She followed the masked Elfs' gaze but nothing was there

"Jesus Christ mate lay off the Ale, or maybe your age is catching up with you?"

She laughed loudly but stopped when she overheard "Like me... a Kitsune. Aren't you?" .Alexis went silent 'I knew something was off with that janitor guy' she thought as she turned around to stare at the girl who had just called out the janitor himself and just stared at them contemplating 'how much would the guards give me for two? Or maybe that would be too cruel'

she turns back to the adventurer and replies quickly with

"I'm Alexis your friendly neighbourhood Elf"

“So meet you all at the Elven camp?” asked Kai wishing to have one complete shift today “I mean I love to stay & chat, but I’ve got a job that needs doing, so.”
"Well we're still deciding. I'm just giving info, somebody here is bound to know about some better places to set up camp. Considering we have an enslaved Kitsune." The Sandman stared at the window, there was something sinister about that woman. Those blood red eyes, and that smile. It seemed psychotic, like she didn't have an inch of sanity left. It chilled him to the bone, he hasn't seen a smile like that ever in his life. It was twisted, the only thing snapping him out of that stare of fear was Rayen addressing him. "Now, does anyone have any idea where we could set up camp?" He said, trying to distract himself, then he noticed something, she was holding a pair of sais, and they were stained with blood. "He turned to the assassin."It's nothing, just saw something strange."

Tonstad39 Tonstad39 2Bornot2B 2Bornot2B

Karry Asher
I know how you feel
Karry nodded. It was just nice to have something... familiar around. He had reminded her of home. And now she turned to the others. She knew something. And she would tell them.

"I know a place..." She said. "There are Kitsune camps all over Ocarina Forest. It's so that a Kitsune who wanders off can always find their way back ho,e. If we find one of those, which only Kitsune can find, we might be able to bunk there."

Rayen Kai

"I haven't heard of you actually. I'm not really from here, but works for me, Sandman." Rayen turned her head towards friendly elf girl next to her. "I'm not surprised you haven't heard of me actually. I don't always tell people exactly who helped them in their time of need, but since you asked it's Rayen, though some call me the black hand, others call me a ghost, yet still others call me a savior. I prefer Rayen so please just call me Rayen." She took a breather after such a nonstop explanation. "And what of you? You have a name?"
"Well we're still deciding. I'm just giving info, somebody here is bound to know about some better places to set up camp. Considering we have an enslaved Kitsune." The Sandman stared at the window, there was something sinister about that woman. Those blood red eyes, and that smile. It seemed psychotic, like she didn't have an inch of sanity left. It chilled him to the bone, he hasn't seen a smile like that ever in his life. It was twisted, the only thing snapping him out of that stare of fear was Rayen addressing him. "Now, does anyone have any idea where we could set up camp?" He said, trying to distract himself, then he noticed something, she was holding a pair of sais, and they were stained with blood.
He looked back over at Rayen and felt much more calmed down about the Monster hunter’s presence as she’s interested in revolt too. He then turned towards Sandman and his concerned gaze that was locked on the door “Is something going on that I ought to know about!”
Karry Asher
I know how you feel
Karry nodded. It was just nice to have something... familiar around. He had reminded her of home. And now she turned to the others. She knew something. And she would tell them.

"I know a place..." She said. "There are Kitsune camps all over Ocarina Forest. It's so that a Kitsune who wanders off can always find their way back ho,e. If we find one of those, which only Kitsune can find, we might be able to bunk there."
Immediately he looked at the shy kitsune “Of course” he said “That sounds like a wonderfull idea! They’ll never catch us there!”

Last edited:
"No, it's nothing. Just a run of the mill big city thing, it's daunting. All i see all day are trees and sand. First day and I see something odd." The Sandman reassured them, it's weird though, a kitsune walking around freely with a pair of bloody sais, then turning their attention to the tavern? It was suspicious, but not something to get riled up about, for now.

Tonstad39 Tonstad39

"No, it's nothing. Just a run of the mill big city thing, it's daunting. All i see all day are trees and sand. First day and I see something odd." The Sandman reassured them, it's weird though, a kitsune walking around freely with a pair of bloody sais, then turning their attention to the tavern? It was suspicious, but not something to get riled up about, for now.

Tonstad39 Tonstad39
“Riight” he said “So anyways, are we all on board to hideout in the Occarina woods?” He wanted to finish his work sooner than later as he had already been lingering at the one table for too long.

"you are starting to scare me old man.you've probably lost your mind or something" Alexis said under her breath and collecting her thoughts

"An Elven campsite would be more suitable as me and the masked guy are elves we can talk our way into supplies and a few beds"

She returned her attention to the two kitsune that were talking before ordering another drink and sipping it slowly, planning...
She finished her drink before quickly getting up and rushing to the door. Alexis felt awful. 'Fucking cheap Vodka' she thought as she went to open the door of the tavern

The Bloodshot Queen stalked the tavern, waiting for an elf to come out, when she saw Alexis try to leave the tavern, she saw her as a martyr and slowly strolled up to her, smiling and singing a jingle to herself, her sais fresh with blood, she stayed near the outside of the tavern. She laughed smiling strolling along and prepping her sais for the job, she wiped them on her kimono, creating a pattern.
2Bornot2B 2Bornot2B

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

He sneakily flipped her off as she walked away."Sure the elf camp should be fine, but we need to disguise them, as pets maybe. I know it might seem inhumane, but if you wanna evade them you will be fine. But if you insist, the ocarina woods seem like a fine prospect to help us get by and return you home. He then saw the strange woman again oh shit. he thought, "You might not want to go out there." He said, but not loud enough for her to hear.
BackSet BackSet 2Bornot2B 2Bornot2B

Users who are viewing this thread

Back