• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Laid-back oxo search

determinator

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
New updates in red. Updated last: 12 December 2016

Yo, K here. I hope you'll all forgive the relative lack of fancy formatting here; I'm not great with it.

Please read all of this; I'll try not to be long-winded.

Update: here's a blog I've made to keep my writing; it will be used as samples.

I'd like something that won't add to my stress, with someone that is in a similar position (I'm not wishing you stress! I mean someone with an interesting schedule and/or doesn't put too much pressure on partners for responses), who won't mind a somewhat sporadic schedule with replies.

Here are a few guidelines that I'd like to get out of the way:

• I am burned out on constant romance. I don't want it as a main theme anymore. This does not mean it's out of the question, but that I will not do heavy romance. Please bear in mind, again, that it is not out of the question. I love fluff but I don't want to be pressured with the expectations.
  • Platonic relationships are embraced, as are all forms of romance, but not right out the door, and certainly not pre-planned at length. "I ship chemistry", as it's said, but I find much more personal enjoyment out of plot and character development and the characters learning about themselves and each other on their own. If there's a twist to a run of the mill romance plot, I might consider it. When I'm offered something presupposing that I play some stereotypical love interest, my main urge is to do everything against that.
  • Touching on the above accepting all forms of romance, this includes sexualities and all genders.
  • I do not accept anyone that bases characters around one certain attribute.
  • Please god don't call it 'yaoi' or 'yuri'.
  • I love lots of plot twists and dragging around (and torturing) characters, but I am not doing it alone. I can be pegged as an 'aggressive' writer,
  • If you want a certain character archetype, namely in fandoms, there are extra provisos involved with some of them. These mostly have to do with "villains" or "negative" characters. There are also extra things to know regarding dichotomous pairings, i.e. "angel/demon".
  • I play multiple characters and do expect the same. The time I accept one set of characters in a slice of life or romance-centric plot (or any, really) is long over.
  • I will not be shunted into a certain character type in originals, especially not for the sake of chemistry. (To clarify: I'll take a certain role and some suggestions, but I will not be told what my character will look like, what their personality will be, etc.) So if you have a plot that requires a certain strict or narrow personality, refrain from bringing it to me.
  • I also will not automatically play a dashing prince to a damsel in distress. As mentioned previously, I'm burned out on (overdone) romance. I'm also burned out on doing those types of plots over and over again.
  • Since this is laid-back, I do have a soft minimum "requirement" (at least a paragraph in response, please), but I would like this to be fun and low stress. All I want is something to work with, something that forwards the scene and/or plot, and someone that engages with the plot and me in order to help it grow and evolve.
  • This also means that I don't particularly care about your experience—or lack thereof—so long as you know what you are doing, and I accept flexible schedules with open arms.
  • If you're a thread player, be aware that I am bad at coding and I'm not going to put hours of work into something I'm not invested in—the coding—before I can even get to what I do enjoy—the writing.

Some things to note:

• I have some canon ships (they're rare, it's hard for me to become engaged enough in a pair of characters' relationship to support them), and do canon/oc and oc/oc in fandom worlds. I will also do original roleplays.
  • My replies may be sporadic. Due to aforementioned (undisclosed) stresses, I cannot guarantee a reply a day. I will engage with you ooc regularly, however, I cannot stress enough that I can't give anyone an extremely predictable schedule. I will try to keep you apprised of things as they unfold, but there are some things that may cause unforeseen problems. This is why I stress laid-back.
  • Despite saying this, it is to note (again) that I will speak to you ooc. I can be talkative.
  • I can also be forgetful. Feel free to nudge me, within reason. If I've already given you an answer and there isn't a clear reason as to why this would have changed, please don't go overboard. I'll do the same for you.
  • Referring to the above, if I add you on an external messenger and then forget about it and delete you, please don't take it personally. Remind me what I was doing, because it's likely that I wasn't doing it to spite you, but because I was purging my list. (I've put this here because I've run into problems with it before, woops.)
  • Because of stress, I do not like overwhelming myself.
  • I'll edit this as I think of more.

I do enjoy originals. I won't list pairings—at least, not right now—and don't care about samples. (You are welcome to give both if you see the need, but I'm not concerned and I won't ask about the latter.) I enjoy supernatural and contemporary fantasy themes the most. Sci-fi is also a favorite, and although I spurned it a bit earlier, I can get into a good slice-of-life, although with the above conditions involved. (The characters also have to be engaging.)

For fandoms, what I know is predominantly anime. Please ask about what I know or not* (it can't hurt); I may put up a list soon. I have a MAL.

Since I figure having the MAL up is a bit of a cop-out, I'll at least list what I'd be interested in and what I've had good success with. If nothing here is something you like, please refer to the MAL.

Ouran

Fruits Basket

Cowboy Bebop — certain character stipulations apply

Psycho-Pass

Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler — certain character stipulations apply 2: electric boogaloo

HellsingI do have (an) idea(s) for this, and stringent requirements for certain character requests

Bleach

tbe

Games

Devil May Cry

Shadows of the Damned

Resident Evil

Final Fantasy XIII trilogy

Final Fantasy XV

The Last of Us

Persona 3/4

All of these have loose boundaries regarding what characters I'll play and how I expect them (and myself) to be treated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edited the OP with specification that the fantasy I enjoy is contemporary.

Still looking tentatively. The first post has seen some mild edits and it may see more.

Back after a prolonged absence due to stress. Hoping to actually try to get something started this time.

If you've contacted me before I disappeared, please do so again.

Hi, I'd love to talk to you about one of these animes - I love roleplaying fandoms.

Ouran

Fruits Basket

Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler

I would love to try to original Slice of Life roleplay with you! I met up with all of your requirements! Well I dont have any current ideas, but I would love to get into a roleplay with great characters. I am dying for a partners with multiple characters. If your interested I Will Pm you.

Edited, again, and as said in the opening post, I'm opening up more communications despite any schedule issues. I need to write.

Updated first post with samples. Still looking.

And I just noticed these posts??? What???

[QUOTE="Lily Dawn Evans]Hi, I'd love to talk to you about one of these animes - I love roleplaying fandoms.
Ouran

Fruits Basket

Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler

[/QUOTE]
I just saw the new posts lmao

These really depend upon what's being offered for them. I've got quite a few hang-ups regarding Kuro, so it might not be a good pick. Of the other two, I'm feeling Ouran more—if you're still interested, that is.

Wilted said:
I would love to try to original Slice of Life roleplay with you! I met up with all of your requirements! Well I dont have any current ideas, but I would love to get into a roleplay with great characters. I am dying for a partners with multiple characters. If your interested I Will Pm you.
I'm sorry it's been so long, but if you're still interested, I'm down.

Not too many front updates, but I do have a general one that I may add to the opening post: currently, I do not have regular Wi-Fi, so much of my internet use will be from coffee shop Wi-Fi when I walk down to them, and mobile from my telephone (with a lean toward the latter). As such, my activity might be a little erratic.

Hey, I'd send you a pm, but I'm to new. However you sound like my kid of partner I have busy schedule right now and can't post everyday but I should be able to manage 3 to 5 posts a week. However you are not required to do the same by any means. I'm rather patient and feel I can meet all your requirements. I hope to hear back.

I cannot update too much of my main post at the moment (on mobile).

Things are rocky, but I wish to feed my inspiration.

Please PM me for interest; I'll get back to you ASAP.

Hi! I don't know if you're still looking for a partner, but I'd love to RP with you- I have an idea for a futuristic-kind of fantasy RP, if you'd like to hear it. Maybe you can help me build on it as well! It's well suited to multiple characters, so just let me know.

yoooo, i would definitely be up for some plotting if you'd like! (also this is kinda random but i looked on your profile and we have the same birthday, thought that'd be a cool little snippet to tell you ghfjdksla) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back