Other Kitchen failures

forgetting you're supposed to boil water before putting the rice in. Thereby putting rice in cold water and waiting for it to boil altogether. It was sticky.... and soggy...

Accidentally touching a hot frying pan....

and not a kitchen failure but cooking related: forgetting about a plate of pancakes and finding them back 2 months later... (I have no sense of smell, so I also couldn't smell them rotting)

More greyish, actually.

It was a very soggy, sticky, grey mass. When I turned the plate upside down above a trashcan, it didn't even fall off. It was just stuck to the plate. So I had to grab something else to slowly scape it off. It was a miracle the mess didn't bite me or crawl out of the trashbin.

It was not at all recognizable as pancake. Just a small hump of... goo

Hmmm, usually I'm pretty decent at baking and I don't cook as much, but there's a few dumb things I've done.

Like microwave foil.

Or forget about macaroni and leave it so long that the water evaporates and the noodles burn together in a disgusting crusty mess, and then actually try to eat it.

I have a mould for making taiyaki, which is a fish-shaped Japanese pastry-like desert, but they never cook right. Either they burn, or the inside is undercooked. :(

It's not a failure, but one time I just really wanted to burst gogurt tubes by hitting them against stuff.

I've learned that, because cereal bowls are round and shallow, if you pour the liquid in with nothing else it splashes all over the place. This is my rping friend's fault. Long story.

Does it count as 'cooking' if I messed up thawing out dead mice for my snake? :P

One time I didn't read labels and instead of putting cinnamon on bread, I put ground cumin on it. It was nasty.

I love garlic bread, so one time I tried eating plain garlic ( * _ * ) it was an extremely small amount, but it was just a bad idea.

yeah... those pancake remains where pretty horrifying. It's been 2 years since that incident, but I still remember how it looked.

I remember the sound of scraping off the pancakes

I remember the sound of the goo falling in the bin

I remember carefully bringing the plate to the kitchen, washing it 3 times

And still being too afraid to touch the plate even now.

I honestly believe the goo left a permanent mark on it

I have a recent one. So, in Bulgaria we have a dish called musaka. Just look it up in Google. You'll have plenty of pictures.

Since it is more easily and quickly prepared in a pot -> stove, rather than in a pan -> oven, I did just that. I'm at the end of the cooking so I try a bit of it. Note that I'm with my headphones, responding to a roleplay and at the same time checking if the food is well spiced. It almost doesn't have any salt so I go to the counter and grab the jar, pouring quite a bit of it in. I stir it of course and taste it again. Sugar. Yup. I put freakin suger instead of salt in it. It was horrifying. After I made the topping it was better but still...

If you make tea with a tea ball, then it's generally a good idea to empty it out afterwards. Rather than, say, leaving the clump of soggy herbs inside it and leaving that in the pot. For five months.

If you make tea with a tea ball, then it's generally a good idea to empty it out afterwards. Rather than, say, leaving the clump of soggy herbs inside it and leaving that in the pot. For five months.

Wow! You didn't make yourself tea for three months? Well, at least they haven't looked like those rotten pancakes... or have they?

Well... never with the food. I mean all I have to do is catch it. But a shelf fell on my fin ones and I had to get stitches.

And the reason you put Baking Soda in the freezer is so it lasts longer.

In the freezer, hmm? It's on Antarctica I suppose. And I thought my supermarket was far from home...

Well, once I burned some chickens while frying. There was lots of smokes and stuff.

Also once I boiled an egg and left it to play some video games. When I returned the stove is still running and the water have all been boiled away. The pot is dry and really how with the egss still in it. I threw the eggs away.

Ah, I've done the part with the eggs but only with potatoes. I was hardly able to scrub the rest of them off the pot. Even though they had a bit of a burnt taste to them, we still ate them. :B

@MidnightAnew omygosh I can't even image how weird that peach smoothie would taste lol

I was making chocolate chip cookies from scratch once, but I mixed up the sugar & salt canisters and ended up serving everyone salt cookies... that was embarrassing ///

@vivi wannabe Yeah, now imagine a birthday party (MY birthday party) with a cake that had a salty topping. The whole cream surrounding the cake and on top of it was salty, like we were eating seafoam or something!

In my haste and excitement of pouring my usual lunch of noodles into a bowl, I somehow ended up pouring the hot, scalding soup all over my hands instead of into the bowl itself.

What in ensued after was me screaming profanities and the kitchen counter being covered in a blob of noodles.

Fun times.

M0N0 said:
In my haste and excitement of pouring my usual lunch of noodles into a bowl, I somehow ended up pouring the hot, scalding soup all over my hands instead of into the bowl itself.
What in ensued after was me screaming profanities and the kitchen counter being covered in a blob of noodles.

Fun times.
*slow clap* beautiful. Absolutly beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back