• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Kingdoms of Iliest (Dungeon World) - OOC

The second roll.
First for performing the spell 'Telepathy' or 'Discern Realities'.
Second for establishing dominance of will.
Wasn't that what you'd suggested previously?
It was, yes. It was.

Where to start. I didn't ever really explain DW to you. So, the game is played narratively, as any other, with the difference from others where moves are directly linked to actions in-game. DW and AW hacks like it usually say something like: to do it, you have to do it. And, if you do it, you have to do it. So, that means, to do a move, you have have an in-game action describing how. And if you do an in-game action through description that matches a move, it triggers the move. Also, NOTHING in conflict or in question happens in the game without a move. And no dice are rolled without a move, either.

With that in mind, yes, I had said that Telepathy could be done to another character and if unwilling, you could Discern Realities to "break through" to their mind. I didn't make you describe it like I should have, but I can work on it.

But, two things. One, Telepathy is a touch spell. Two, it's to one creature, and if you bond with another, it breaks the bond of the first.

Also, once you choose which of the creatures you want to use it on, you'll need to get to it first. I think you'll need to defy danger in some way to get to that creature and touch it, something I had given to you for free last time.

So, first decide a target, then describe how you want to make it across the yard to the target and I'll probably call for a defy danger roll.

Or, you could, as always, do something else.

Does all this make sense? It's really important to me that I not discourage you, but I also want to make sure we're engaging the moves and describing the fiction as it happens.

Does all this make sense? It's really important to me that I not discourage you, but I also want to make sure we're engaging the moves and describing the fiction as it happens.
Nah that's all fine.

I'd thought I'd already done the action on the person making the announcement once he stepped forward. Then grabbed hi to make contact when his back gave me cover from archers.

The first of the two posts did have that covered I thought? Might have not been clear?

Oh yes. Do you mean Sergeant Rykken? The one you rolled the bond with already? Were you just trying to read his thoughts and I misunderstood and made a bigger deal out of nothing (sorry)?

So wait! That 7 is your discern realities to rummage through his brain and get the answers to what you're asking there? Right? Right?
I think so. :3 Just trying to find out how much he knows about our situation and whether this was indeed a justified call or a cover up job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back