• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Kingdoms of Iliest (Dungeon World) - OOC

I was going to just rip into them, but I can wait for Frixz's enthrall attempt. Perk of being a spellsword: you can call your magic weapon to hand whenever you want!

Telepathy, bro
Oh okay! Right. Sorry, you mentioned that. I think what was throwing me off is that you have to touch the person you want to form the telepathic bond with. Can you edit your post to show that you go out there and touch the General Rykken?

It's also a first-level spell.

I should have made you defy danger to make it out there. But, we're good.

And actually! (he said, worried he'd scare Tardy Grade Tardy Grade off) I'm not entirely sure the spell will do what you want. It reads:

You form a telepathic bond with a single person you touch, enabling you to converse with that person through your thoughts. You can only have one telepathic bond at a time.

It basically let's you bond with another to converse over distance. I'm good stretching it a bit and letting you discern realities once you have the telepathic bond on him to learn warnd, like you're try to read his thoughts.

You form a telepathic bond with a single person you touch, enabling you to converse with that person through your thoughts. You can only have one telepathic bond at a time.
The one person link makes sense.

Also just because I've set up a pathway, doesn't mean the other person knows it.
If someone is speaking in front of you in another language and they assume you can't understand them? They're much more liable to let something slip.

So if I ask a question and then read a mind?
The mouth says one thing but the mind another.

The one person link makes sense.

Also just because I've set up a pathway, doesn't mean the other person knows it.
If someone is speaking in front of you in another language and they assume you can't understand them? They're much more liable to let something slip.

So if I ask a question and then read a mind?
The mouth says one thing but the mind another.
I get what you're saying, and I don't really disagree. Where I have concerns is the spell is meant for conversing with someone with your thoughts. To me that says the action is willful. In other words, like speaking, the person you'd have a bond with would be able to choose when to speak with you and when not to. So, if he doesn't know that you have a bond with him now, thinking that you just rushed out to touch him, you won't be able to converse with him. You won't hear his thoughts because he's not directing them at you.

But! I think it's a really neat idea. I'm thinking you just need to break through the will that binds the telepathy. In other words, now that you made the connection, you bend your will break into his mind and get to his thoughts.

I think discern realities is perfect for this because if you succeed, you can ask the question listed and you'll get a good answer. You can describe how you're bending your will into his mind and then roll. This can all happen while you're doing other things physically. Like, if the fight really breaks out, while you're fighting you can be working into his mind with this roll.

What do you think?

I'm sorry, guys. I've wasted a lot of time looking for this move. I guess I don't have the playbook for the Dryad.

Teh Frixz Teh Frixz , instead, can you detail the full move so I can see what it does?

Sorry again.

1. When you wish to captivate a mortal with your unnatural presence, roll +CHA. *On a 10+, the enraptured mortal silently watches you and, so long as you hold their attention, they will not do anything. If they are ever touched or disrupted in any way, they will immediately become hostile towards you and anyone else who disrupts them. *On a 7-9, for a few brief moments they stand there dumbfounded by your presence. They provide an opening that you or one of your companions can exploit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back