• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Kingdom Legacy (still looking for players)

Ishio

So, let me start by saying that this is a homebrew type of RP, where I've basically made all systems to my liking, rather than following a traditional d&d-ish platform. Don't worry though, I've made straightforward and to the point as possible, so that its easy to learn and remember. There definitely will not be pages upon pages of rules and systems to read.

The overall setting is as follows: We're in the fanatasy medieval ages, with all them magical goodies that everyone is used to seeing from this kind of setting, except everything is a bit more dark and bleak than normal. There's a lot of ruin, evil, monsters and whatnot else in the world and humanity is far from being on top of the food chain. In the midst of such a chaotic world, there is a small village, rather newly established and you the players are, for one reason or another, part of it (maybe you were born and raised there, maybe you were saved in some way and owe the villagers your life, etc). That's entirely up to you. Your goal is going to be to help the village not only survive in general (which would be a feat, considering the hostile environment) but also to guide it to rapid growth and eventually turn it into a kingdom.

Don't worry, you're not going to have to actually trouble yourselves with detailed politics, economy development, resource gathering and what not. That's going to be mostly done in the background by NPCs. What you're going to do, is be the village's (and later the kingdom's) sword and shield (as well as making all the important decisions). You'll constantly be forced to chose between different campaigns and missions, each one carrying different rewards for the village if completed (and punishing it if ignored/failed).

In short, what I'm trying to create is a rp where we balance and mix base building/expansion and traditional d&d adventuring. If this sounds like a challenge, then good, because that's exactly what I want it to be. I want this RP to be challenging and give you a sense of accomplishment, depending on how far you've reached and how much you've contributed.

Due to the RPs nature, its going to be easy for new people to join at any time or retire for a while (if you're feeling burned out/busy with other stuff).

Link to the thread containing all combat systems (as well as the player character sheets).

Link to OOC thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright then, I finished polishing the initial combat systems related to the RP and edited my first post to include them all there. I feel like a broken recorder for repeating this so much, but if anyone has questions/suggestions or anything else they want to discuss, feel free to post and let me know.

I'll be waiting for a few more players to get interested (maybe till we get a total of 4-5) before I get things rolling. Even if someone is late to the party, like I've stated earlier, you can join the RP at any point.

Seems interesting, I'll throw my hat in the ring. 

I shall take up the mantle as arcane alchemist. 

because keeping people alive to die another day is more fun than it seems. 

Just wanna make a small note in advance, since this is one of those forums that shows every time when you edit a post: I have this weird, borderline OCD, habit of sometimes rereading my posts (especially the important ones) and editing anything that annoys me, like typos, bad phrasing, repetitive expressions and whatnot else. This can and probably will lead to me editing my base posts, that contain all of the systems and important descriptions, quite often. Have no worries though, I'll make sure to actually inform you of any notable changes and additions, that would affect gameplay.

(woot, didn't even make it an entire minute without having to edit this one)

Just wanna make a small note in advance, since this is one of those forums that shows every time when you edit a post: I have this weird, borderline OCD, habit of sometimes rereading my posts (especially the important ones) and editing anything that annoys me, like typos, bad phrasing, repetitive expressions and whatnot else. This can and probably will lead to me editing my base posts, that contain all of the systems and important descriptions, quite often. Have no worries though, I'll make sure to actually inform you of any notable changes and additions, that would affect gameplay.

(woot, didn't even make it an entire minute without having to edit this one)

Sounds good, so long as yea let us know it's all fine. 

You recently came to rpn eh? Have yea got a rolling site to use or will you be handling the rolling? 

Well, up to now it was usually me who handles the rolling (as far as forum roleplays go, of course). I'm open to suggestions though, if there's a dice roll website with a history feature or smth along those lines, that will let me know who rolled what and when, I wouldn't mind using that as well. Otherwise, if no such thing exists, I suppose its best for me to do all the rolls since that way things will be most expedient.

There are some sites out there that have it but... 

If your willing why notjust do it yourself, also kinda gives you some power to push things along. 

Become lady luck as it were.

Here's a rough draft of my character sheet to make sure I got the stat system right. Any advise is always apreciated and if anyone looking to join up likes the idea of making their family or acestors the ones that Callis came to the village with I'd love to throw some ideas around.

Edit: removed the fluff and tinkered with the stats.

Name: Callis Mab Caradoc

Race: Elf

Appearance: Callis bear the pale skin, long dark hair and sharp slanted features of the elves of the Bitterblack Isles, often called Darklings or dark kin among other elven cultures. He has sharp violet eyes that are often half closed into proprietorial slits or a condescending scowl. Callis has the lithe physique usually seen among elves and walks with a swagger that others might recognise as marking him out as a sailor. Unlike most elves Callis seems to dress simply these days, having fallen on hard times living in this poor village the easiest clothes he can come across are the simple garbs of a human peasant. Still, he makes the effort to smarten himself when he isn't busy brooding or finding a drink.

History: Callis was among the first wave of the village and bitterly watched each house go up waiting for some form of entertainment, not offering to do much of the help himself. The elf did not come alone to the village but seemingly as a companion to a young medicine woman who set up her shop in the burgeoning village. Folk gossiped that the two of them were lovers, something the woman denied and that Callis remained quiet on except for one drunken night when he thrashed a man for telling such stories. Those stories, it seems, were squashed when the young healer married another villager and their children showed no resemblance to the elf at all.    

Something that is known about Callis with some certainty is that he used to be a sailor. A reaver to be exact, the privateer corsairs of the Bitterblack isles. Each fleet being part pirate, part mercenary and part criminal syndicate... at least that's how Callis has braggingly described them. He claims to have once rode the waves and tested his blade against all kind of foes. He never seems to get around to the reason why he doesn't have those same blades anymore or why he ended up in a tiny frontier village. Most assume he owed the healer lass some kind of life debt, that was why he stuck with her and seems to shadow her family like some ancestral guard dog.

Stats:

Duelist, Lv 1 

Primary Stats

Strength: 5

Dexterity: 10

Endurance: 5

Concentration: 5

Vital Stats

Vitality: 25

Energy: 15

Skill

Bloodlust (2)

Riposte Stance (1)

I don't see any issues with your stat or skill distribution, its all correct. Just make sure to remember to remove the fluff text (like the explanations on what each stat does) from the final version of your character's profile.

PS: Keep in mind, that having 20 base hp puts you within "one hit kill" territory, if someone with a bit more strength critical hits you.

PPS (double edit): Totally skipped over Ori's post for some reason, my bad. Yeah, I guess I'll be doing the dice rolls myself, though I dislike "faking" the results, so its probably not gonna do a whole ton of a difference as far as your "luck" goes. ^^

If there are people who really want to be doing the rolls themselves regardless, do let me know. We'll figure something out.

Alrighty then, tomorrow I'll start making the side threads (OOC, char sheets, all that stuff) and maybe wait a day or two more to see if someone else gets onboard as well (that should also give you all plenty of time to work on your characters).

Ok, I created an OOC and a character sheet/systems thread. Everyone is free to start using those whenever they want. Also, I suggest we relocate any future chatting from here to the ooc.

Oh also, like you probably noticed, I decided to use the character sheets thread as storage for all gameplay systems as well, since it makes things a bit easier to navigate I feel like.

Just a quick reminder and a bump, for new people to possibly see: The RP is still just starting out and if anyone would be interested to join us, they are more than welcome to. About half the roles are even still free.

You can find all the important links in my first post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back