• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Kingdom Legacy OOC

Yeah, we'll just go with that. Everyone gets to have equipped 1 weapon set and 1 armor set at a time (unless you're a rogue with "preparation" for the weapons). No separate armor pieces or stuff like that. As far as trinkets go (like rings and the like), I won't be putting any hard limits on those since they are pretty much useless for your stats, unless there's a magical enchantment on them.

Just a heads up I'll be going away for a few days tomorrow, should be back after new years but just in case things start up soon. If there's time I'm considering switching over to a rogue class seeing as we've got a bit of a fighter surplus now.

Don't feel too pressured to worry about class variety in the group. A one dimensional party might not be a great thing, but playing a class you don't want (or thinking about how you'd like to play another class more) is even worse.

PS: Besides, having a flawed party composition isn't so bad - it adds a layer of character to the RP and strategy, with your heroes having to fight and plan around your overall combat shortcomings.

Last edited by a moderator:
i am the healy person. 

let me apply the bandaids. 

I got ones with dora the explorer and ones with happy ponies on them.

or I would, if backstory didn't make my muse shit the bed.

Whatever your class can wield. It could be a weapon and a shield, a two handed weapon, two weapons (if you're a duelist for dual wield), etc.

PS: Orikanyo, at one point in your backstory you referred to your character as "he" ("Such is the reason he...").

Your class is Arcane Alchemist, not Arcane Alchemical. xD

Both your melee and ranged damage should include a 1d6 to the formula, though that's not a big issue since I'm the one doing those calculations, you mostly need them for referencing and planning.

Don't forget to put in some basic equipment you want, if there's any.

Whatever your class can wield. It could be a weapon and a shield, a two handed weapon, two weapons (if you're a duelist for dual wield), etc.

PS: Orikanyo, at one point in your backstory you referred to your character as "he" ("Such is the reason he...").

Your class is Arcane Alchemist, not Arcane Alchemical. xD

Both your melee and ranged damage should include a 1d6 to the formula, though that's not a big issue since I'm the one doing those calculations, you mostly need them for referencing and planning.

Don't forget to put in some basic equipment you want, if there's any.

I'll get to it. 

The +1D6 only is added if we have proficency, I took them off due to her having none. 

Of is that not so?

Oh haha, yeah you're right. My bad there.

I'll be needing the potions list btw, got brewing 2 and I'm gona need to know what i can brew :^P

Alright, there's a rather big update.

First of all, I added all the starting potions that an Alchemist can brew to their skill list.

Second of all, I made a list of all status effects in the game (its positioned right over the character sheet guide). The descriptions of all skills that apply some sort of status effect have been slightly changed to fit with that list.

Well, I still have some work left on the map. What's more, Spiral is still away.

I'm thinking of waiting a day or two more. We'll see how things go, but I doubt its gonna be much longer now.

Well, I still have some work left on the map. What's more, Spiral is still away.

I'm thinking of waiting a day or two more. We'll see how things go, but I doubt its gonna be much longer now.

That works for me, lol I don't think I've ever been as excited for a roleplay to begin as I am now. 

Alright... so apparently, drawing an entirely fictional map from scratch is a lot more time consuming than I expected (it was supposed to be ready by Sunday night). Its finally done however.

Here's the map (you can find Briar Grove in the southern center of the continent, right under that single mountain):

bgr9sg.jpg

A few important things to note (albeit most of them obvious):

- the black dots represent towns/villages/settlements (etc.)

- the kingdom emblems on the map represent the capital city itself (instead of a black dot)

- the red dashed lines are obviously each kingdom's borders

- if a forest or lake aren't named, then they just take the name of the nearby settlement (for example, the forest around Shimmerglade will be called Shimmerglade Forest and the lake next to it, Shimmerglade Lake)

- the weirdly drawn type of grass fields across the map (that look like wheat) represent farm fields (not necessarily active, if they aren't inside any kingdom's borders); of course, there can be farms and crops in other places too, those shown on the map are just the huge plots of fertile land that are big enough to feed entire kingdoms.

If anyone has questions, suggestions for changes or wants to say whatever else about the map, go right ahead. I'm used to fixing my drawings, a lot.

PS: After spending nearly half the day naming things, I'm completely out of creative gas for today. The IC thread (and therefore the start of the RP) will have to wait for tomorrow.

PPS: If you "open image in new tab" you'll be able to see a zoomed in version of the map (in case you have trouble reading some of the names). Beware that there may be adds from the website I uploaded it to, or whatever.

sweet christ the adds are like flies. Seems it wouldn't load, so i just sorta... Did some wizardry. 

bgr9sg.jpg

Looks good to me, easy enough to read. 

Seriously? There were no adds whatsoever for me. Sorry about that, if I knew I would've posted it this way myself.

Edit: Ok, I fixed my previous post. Now its an image instead of a link.

guess its a free site, either way i see alot of love put into this, well done. 

Thank you both, I'm glad you like it. I did greatly enjoy making it (and it helped me learn quite a bit, since I don't usually draw maps), so it was definitely worth the effort, regardless of how the actual RP turns out. ^^

I'm happy to announce that the IC thread is up and you're all free to post in whenever you like.

Just a small note, regarding some rp related stuff:

I value clarity and quality of information in my DM posts, above all else. Writing long and super descriptive posts all the time may be impressive to read but it tends to dilute focus from the important stuff that I'm trying to relate to you. Therefore unless there's a lot of stuff to explain and write about, its unlikely that you'll see me write walls of texts.

That said, I'm obviously not gonna skip on the important descriptions (such as the mayor's appearance and his emotional state in this case), so no worries.

pssst.

pssssssssst.

Could yea link the thread?

Haha yeah, I just edited my old post to include a link.

Also, its the first thread in the dice forum, so it should be easy to find that way as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back