• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Kingdom Legacy OOC

First of all, I have a few changes to announce: the rogue's "Sweet Spot" now becomes a normal attack if it fails (instead of just skipping your attack turn, makes a bit more sense that way).

In the systems post I added an "Equipment values" graph (just under the status effects), that should give you a rough idea about what you can expect from all the different types and categories of equipment.

I've improved the warrior's "Relentless" skill, making it give you 3x(skill level) to initiative rolls (instead of 2x), due to the fact that heavier armor reduces your initiative (therefore this skill is supposed to negate that effect and help you keep aggro to yourself, instead of allowing enemies to easily disengage).

And while we're on the topic of equipment, its about time I sat down and assigned some stats to your equipment, so here we go:

Callis

Leather farmer's coat (light armor): 2 armor value

Dirk and hatchet (short sword and axe): 3 weapon value each

Throwing knives: 2 weapon value

Also, you don't need to list how many knives you have. Ranged weapon ammo is infinite, since some abilities (like the rogue's Death Lotus on higher levels) would be impossible to execute otherwise (without having like 15+ knives on you). I know you're not a rogue, but it'd be weird to just give rogues infinite ammo. Plus, if we start adding ammo, it'd be annoying to keep track of all the arrows archers have left during long battles (both friendly and enemies).

Idette

Shield Maiden's Suit (medium armor): 4 armor value

Round, wooden shield: 3 armor value

Carolingian sword (longsword): 5 weapon value

Spear: 3 weapon value

Lothar

Iron Armor Suit (medium armor): 4 armor value

Buckler: 3 armor value

Arming Sword: 5 weapon value

Halberd: 3 weapon value

Tuggar

Makeshift armor (light armor): 2 armor value

Short bow: 3 weapon value; +2 to accuracy rolls

Ellessea

Belted jacket/leather armor (light armor): 2 armor value

Wooden cane: 2 weapon value; ignores 50% defence

Last edited by a moderator:
The cane ignores 50% of defence? 

Thats one hell of a stick! 

Well, it counts as a blunt weapon (like hammers, flails and etc). If you check the equipment values in the systems post, all one handed blunt weapons ignore 50% armor. Yeah it sounds a bit weird, considering its a cane (I admit, I didn't foresee anyone using that kind of blunt weapon), but its either that or having to count it as a makeshift weapon (meaning it has like 1 weapon value and is practically useless, except for the fact that it will enable fighter classes to use weapon skills with it).

Oh I'm fine with it, she wont be hitting anybody with that thing anytime soon. 

Hopefully. 

Not that she doesn't have a good chance to hit mind. 

By the way, since I'm new to this place I don't really know what kind of pace the people around here are used to playing rp at. If our current posting speed feels too slow, do let me know. I can always make some sort of "2 days no post = turn getting skipped" kind of rule. Personally, I'm a patient guy with a lot of free time, and therefore don't mind how often (or rarely) we do our turns.

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, since I'm new to this place I don't really know what kind of pace the people around here are used to playing rp at. If our current posting speed feels too slow, do let me know. I can always make some sort of "2 days no post = turn getting skipped" kind of rule. Personally, I'm a patient guy with a lot of free time, and therefore don't mind how often (or rarely) we do our turns.

There's no real set pace, unless set by the creator...roleplays here tend to either race ahead or sluggishly starve to death. I'm actually really stoked that we've fallen into a nice rythmn! I think having turns kinda helps with that, makes sure people know when they should post. Also, we've got cool peeps!

I could live with a little bit of a faster pace, but I'm also fine as it is. Being a college student, I spend quite a bit of time studying. (: 

Good to know. I've always played with turns wherever I've gone before (excluding tabletop rps of course) - it helps keep things tidy and clear.

Naturally, if you're just talking to another player, without involving an npc (or anything else that would require my DM intervention), you're free to post a few more times before my turn. Generally speaking however, its always going to be like that - GM post -> all players in whatever order they like (unless its a battle, in which case we follow initiative) -> GM again.

Unfortunately Orikanyo will be dropping out for now, due to being busy and stuff. He's welcome to rejoin us at any time, should he feel like it.

Also, about my latest post - if you're going to be shopping for something, we can do it over here in the OOC, where I can respond to your questions quickly without having to wait for an entire rotation before my turn comes. xD

We've lost our healer! :(  Will their character stay on as an npc for the party or should we start looking to bring in new characters?

I'll have some npcs fill holes like that, when necessary. Of course it would be better to have actual players do that, but hey, no need to be picky. If we don't get anyone new to join us sometime soon, I might make some more long-term npc companions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back