• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Kingdom Legacy OOC

Ishio

Guess here's where we'll be doing all the chatting, question asking and so forth, related to the RP. Make yourselves at home and feel free to post whatever you like.

PS: I'll be keeping all the RP related systems in the character sheets thread, in case someone needs them for referencing.

Here's a link to the Characters and Systems thread.

And here's one for the IC thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, there's something I'd like to discuss with you guys. I haven't actually thought of a name for the village so far. Do any of you want to make some suggestions?

Are there any notable landmarks around it like is it on a mountain near a forest? It's implied it's young and on the frontiers so I'd go for something homey or adventurous sounding. How about Hearth's Founding?

WIP

Name: Lothar Wolff

Race: Human

Appearance: (You can use pics and/or text)

Backstory: (It can be whatever you want, as long as the end result is your character, being/becoming a part of the village.)

Class: Warrior

Exp: 0

Level: 1

Primary Stats

Strength: 5

Dexterity: 10

Endurance: 10

Concentration: 0

Vital Stats

Vitality: 50

Energy: 0

Secondary Stats

Melee Damage: 5 + Weapon + 1d6

Ranged Damage: Weapon + 1d6

Defense: Armor + Trained Body (4)

Attack Accuracy: 10 + 1d20

Counter Chance: 1d20

Critical Chance:  1d20

Initiative: 10

Skills

Trained Body Lv 2

Sweeper Lv 1

Equipment: 

Briar Grove actually sounds like a pretty fitting idea, since the village itself is exactly on the edge of a big forest, sort of slightly carved into it (so that it's still sheltered on the east, north and south sides by the forest and only the west one lies on an open field). Speaking of which, the forest I'm talking about develops into a mountainous area much further to the east (the foresty type of mountains, not the rocky ones). To the south there's a passing river nearby, as well as some other notable things, that I'm not gonna get into right now since I haven't exactly fleshed them out yet.

I'll be making a map of the area these days and don't really want to go into much details about the surroundings yet (haven't quite gotten to visualizing them so far).

Jiwon, everything seems fine with your stats/skills, I don't see any mistakes. Just one small thing - the primary stat under endurance is supposed to be concentration, not energy. This my fault though, since I misstyped it as energy in the character sheet guide (which in turn carried over to your profile sheet with the copy-paste). Its been fixed now, so just remember to rename it when you're posting the actual profile.

I slightly changed the Battle Mage's "Imprison" skill. The stone prison used to hold its target for 2x (skill level) turns which frankly was a bit ridiculous at max level (removing people from the fight for 10 whole turns unless they have >50 str was pretty gamebreaking in my mental simulations).

The prison now lasts for (skill level) turns and needs 5x (skill level) str to be broken. This should force the mage using it to chose carefully his targets (based on assuming how strong they are an how important their role is), rather than just spamming it on every enemy melee fighter he can see.

Sounds good. Christmas has made me abit hampered but I should be able to start working on my charcter tonight.

No worries, I'm aware that the Christmas holidays will probably make things move a bit slower for all of us, so I don't really expect us to start progressing well till after new year's. 

True enough. 

I'll look over things once again while I can. Thinking... traveling alchemist, perhaps a doctor? 

Also, could yea link the character thread?

@Orikanyo

Here you go.

Out of curiosity would you be interested in having a link between our characters? I was going to have Callis come to the village with a travelling healer of some sort initially and ended up altering it. Could edit it back and around if you like the idea of having a beligerant elf appointing himself your guardian.

Sounds good, she/he will likely be a type of doctor you'd wonder how in hell they are allowed to be a doctor. 

"Oh? You think THAT hurts? Just wait until I pull that sucker outa yea, then we'll see." 

"Ah! Poisoning eh? Well drink this. Bahahahahahaah!!! That's hilarious, here's the antidote." 

Sounds like the locals would have mistaken the pair for bandits at first meeting lol. 

I'll save the edit for when your sheet is done but we could go with something like them saving Callis' life and him swearing a life debt kinds thing.

"Life debt? Not much life in yea to swear! Nyahahahaha!" 

I'll get on it later tonight, hate typing shit on my phone.

How is my character sheet?

I think I did the stats right...I'm new to dice games, but this looks like fun! 

Everything seems good with your profile Tori, though you made a small mistake. Your initiative should be 7+1 (8), since concentration is halved (rounding down, meaning that your 3 becomes 1).

Jiwon, your 4th primary stat should be called concentration, not energy. No other issues with your character sheet.

Tonight, I do my character. 

Holidays are my bane, people crawl out of the woodwork who want me to do things. 

They come from everywhere. 

Someone help me.

Quick question regarding equipment. Is armour made up of various different parts like breast plate and gauntlets or do we just put a single all encompassing suit with a single stat? Just I see we've got our sheets each doing it a little differently.

Still working on that part myself. Having different set pieces would be nice but hard to balance, so I'm instead thinking of going the "one whole suit" route. What's more, having lots of separate equipment pieces would mean that each of them can have its own magical enchantments and stuff, which would be really tricky to keep track of all the time.

Edit: Most likely, I'd say we'll go with having one whole armor suit + several trinkets (rings, amulets, etc) for equipment slots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back