• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Kindred Academy

StrixDesmodus

Totally human, I swear!
Premise:
Whether you're a human or a vampire, it begins with a dream. You see an animal, any terrestrial animal from a sparrow to an elephant, approach you as you stand in a place you know well. When they are within five feet of you, they stop and speak to you without so much as moving their mouth, though even if you weren't alone it would be unmistakable that it is the beast, bird, or bug that addresses you by name and introduces themself to you. It is only after you awaken and see them by your side that you know for certain that you are now the Keeper of a familiar, and you now have the opportunity to attend an elite and magical school such as Kindred Academy.

Lore notes:
Vampires are humanoid creatures, with grayish skin, pointed ears and fangs. They do not have shadows, and cannot cast a reflection on water or silver. They are able to climb any surface regardless of how steep or smooth it is, and must ingest the blood of a living creature every day in order to keep from decomposing. Little is understood about why vampires exist, and how one comes to be one, but vampiric features begin to occur anytime after the beginning of adolescence. Unfortunately, vampires are usually discriminated against.

Familiars are animals with the ability to communicate telepathically from the time they enter the world. They have strange sounding names that have no secondary meaning and are unique to each familiar. They can learn an array of magic to benefit themselves and their Keepers, which they are bound to the life-force of; A familiar usually lives as long as their Keeper does as long as they are not killed. A Keeper may live after the death of their familiar, but a familiar dies when their keeper does. A familiar appears to their Keeper between the ages of 14 and 21, and while they have enough knowledge and cognition to function alongside their keeper, they do not exist before the dream in which they first appear.

Kindred academy is a boarding high school for familliar-Keeper teams, located on an island off the coast of Maine. It is not the only school of its kind, but it is considered to be one of the best. It receives funding from the federal government of the US, and students may be from anywhere in the country.

This probably sounds ridiculous, but I actually forgot who my characters for this were going to be so now I have no characters to use. Looks like my rp itch will not be statisfied by this particular roleplay, but if anyone would like to start a roleplay with a similar concept or integrate concepts from this rp into another one, then they are perfectly welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back