• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Killing a Queen

Characters
Here
Marquis Emanuel

Mention: calypso calypso
Mood: Enjoyment

Marquis made sure to lean in, clearly his attention gathered from the question. It's only once Sybil gave them an answer that Nathan and the captain shared a confused look, only to seemingly get it at the same time, as they both would let out an "Ooooo." of acknowledgement. "I was wondering if maybe they didn't, well..." Marquis added, soon leaning back in his chair and looking up at the ceiling as he wondered. "Oh, yeah same." Nathan added, they both clearly on the same subject. From their understanding, the queen picks someone to bear a child, but also to mate with a man? Or rather, she helps the siren figure that out. "Yikes. I thought I had a dead beat father." Marquis soon after joked, a bit about how all Sirens did in fact have literally dead dads considering they likely lived a similar culture to spiders that off their mates once their purposes were fulfilled. At least Nathan offered a scoffing laugh to the joke, likely sympathizing even.

"Well if you ever want to know that secret, I'm sure Marquis would be willing to tell you more about it." Alejandro finally chimed in, wiggling his eyebrows up and down to Sybil after speaking. The meaning likely lost on her, and soon after the vice would bark out a curse after being slugged in the shoulder from Marquis who was just fuming over the words Alejandro just jested. "Bastard, I ain't nearly drunk enough for you right now." Marquis growled, though a grin was still on his face. Odd, he seemed angry enough to hit Alejandro but still happy. "Lemme fix that for you boys, here you are." The barmaid chimed in, carrying a tray with an assortment of things. Sliding the frothy pints across to the three sailors, "For you lot, and for the the cute young miss." she'd the set a ceramic mug before Sybil. Piping hot, and topped with a dollop of fresh whipped cream, a small red fruit with a stem would rest upon its surface. "Seven shills please, and I imagine I should start getting more ready?" She asked playfully, clearly knowing how to work the crowed. "Aye, please." Marquis responded accordingly, soon reaching for his coin purse. Though Alejandro was quicker on the draw, and presented a gold dragon in trade. One which lit the barmaids eyes aglow as she looked to it, then Alejandro with clear surprise. "My aren't you determined." She'd add breathlessly, to which Alejandro simply laughed, Marquis only able to roll his eyes.

After taking the coin, and testing to make sure it was in fact real, she'd leave without another word since there wasn't much else to say. "You really are a bastard tonight, Ally." Nathan piped up, taking his glass and raising it. The other two would do so, though pause. "Ay, lassie, raise your damn mug and touch em' to ours." Alejandro quickly barked, to which Marquis let out a tsk, knowing he meant well but still thought how brash he was with Sybil was a bit too much. "This is where we touch glasses together after announcing a cheers we can all agree upon." Marquis added, giving some perspective to why she should do as Alejandro asked, the vice only rolling his eyes as if finding it silly this even had to be explained. Not like she'd even know such a custom, after all. "Get on with it, Manny." Alejandro hissed, only to get a glare from Marquis.

"To the death of the sea witch, to the end of the Queen. Cheers." Marquis finally added, pushing his mug forward to meet his comrades. It seemed they'd agreed, as they'd respond with a "Cheers." before meeting their mugs with his own. After which, they'd each begin drinking the cold ale that was perspiring on the glasses outside. Each chugging heavily, first Nathan stopping after about a third, a bitter "Damn it." under his breath before setting his glass down. It was now Marquis and Alejandro, both chugging away at a pretty even pace, though Alejandro would falter for a moment and Marquis would finish first, slamming an empty mug down with a relieved exhale, and a cheerful shout. One which caused Alejandro to exclaim a loud "Fuck!" immediately after finishing his own. The empty mugs soon pushed to the center of the table, while Nathan began to nurse his own drink. It seemed he learned a while ago it wasn't worth competing with the two larger guys if he wanted to have an enjoyable evening.

It was obvious from first sip Sybil shouldn't attempt to chug her drink, because it was still a bit too hot for that. Not that it would burn her, but it would definitely make her teeth ache and be uncomfortable to do so. That, and her drink was one to enjoy over time, rich and sweet with a nice creamy topping of cream.
code by Ri.a

Sybil

Mention: Early Early

Mood: Slowly but surely relaxing

Parting her lips into a slight 'o' as they let out a noise of understanding in unison, a quick thought came to mind before she leaned away from Nathan. With a slick hand, she had yanked on his beard. It wasn't as hard as before, but she still ended up snickering right after. A whine from Nathan was enough to satisfied Sybil, before her attention turned back to Marquis. "And what exactly is a father? I imagine it is similar to mother...I did not know men could carry children," she mused, already on the wrong idea. So Marquis could also have kids, along with Nathan and Alejandro. It didn't exactly seem practical, if humans have children in a similar fashion.

How did humans get kids? The question was about to leave her lips, but soon Alejandro was wiggling his eyebrows at her with something that peeved Sybil a bit too much. Even if he was slugged in the shoulder, Sybil began to frown. A quick glance to Marquis, before her snapping insult was thrown out. "Marquis seems to be unwilling to tell me much, even if I ask. He says I am not ready." The bitterness in her tone was lingering, but the barmaid was already returning with their drinks. Her attention was diverted to the mug placed in front of her, an eyebrow shooting upward for a moment. If she recalled correctly, drinks don't normally have food on them. Her pinkie dipped into the cream, ignoring the bright strawberry on top. That was some sort of fruit, something she had come to learn about during her dish-cleaning duty. Placing the dollop on her tongue, another surprised look overtook her feature. That was sweet. Sweeter than everything she had ever tasted before.

Alejandro's barking was soon heard, an annoyed growl sounding from the woman as she snatched her mug up. Marquis's explanation was far better, but she expected that much. Alejandro hated just about everything about her, and she hated just about everything when it came to him. Her mug was pushed forward with a slight slosh of the hot liquid, listening to whatever the hell he was 'cheering' for. After a moment and before they drunk, she added her own little cheer.

"To freeing the others from the Sea Bitch," she said firmly, practically daring any of them to go against her. The 'others' were simply more sirens, but she wasn't an idiot. Humans were sly, and they eavesdropped. Her mug was lowered as the others began to chug. She felt the heat through the ceramics. Instead, she plucked the strawberry up between two nails. Slowly biting into it, the red juice dripped over her lips and onto her chin. Her tongue slipped out a moment later to catch the droplet, her eyes falling to stare at the cream slowly melting away into the hot beverage.

Was this supposed to be fun? Everyone else seemed to be enjoying themselves, but she felt...disconnected. Like she shouldn't be there. Alejandro and Nathan kept bumping into her sides playfully along with each other, but she hardly felt the nudges. She still needed to ask them what Marquis was hiding from her, but was this the time? Normally she loved to rain on parades, but this was...different. Her fingers curled around the mug, before she took a long sip from it. The excess cream was licked away from her upper lip, the drink sweet and hot. So this was hot chocolate...It wasn't bitter like whatever the hell they were chugging down. Maybe...She just needed to think for a moment.

Her head lowered a bit, a sigh sounding. Swallowed up by the rowdy crowd, Sybil realized one thing. She was a fish out of water here.

code by Ri.a

Marquis Emanuel

Mood: Annoyed

Alejandro laughed at her comment about not knowing men too could be a part of the birthing process, especially due to the way she worded it. Soon enough they were quieter, and Marquis took the time after Allys curse of defeat to speak up. "Men definitely don't play a role as difficult as women, but we got a purpose in the kid making process." He'd say with a gruff voice, finding this an odd way to go about their conversation earlier, hoping to not get too into it right now. "Aye, women need our baby batter to actually make a kid. Can't blame em' for wanting it, too." Alejandro added smugly, not aware that using terms that likely would make it all the more confusing for Sybil. "Jesus, Ally are you fuckin' kidding me right now?" Marquis just offered a huff after the annoyed tone was spoken out.

Nathan on the other hand would be keeping well out of this conversation, just looking to and from his stablemates while sipping at his own drink - Enjoying it and taking his time unlike the other two. "It's kind of involving what we were talking about earlier. Kind of." Marquis added, trying to give her a bit of light on the prior conversation. "It's usually not such an openly spoken topic, but-" "Woah, you two haven't fucked yet? What have you been doing this whole t-" Alejandro abruptly interrupted, just now catching onto the very awkward conversation. Though he quickly jumped out of the table, laughing, as he saw Marquis reach for his sword as if threatening to take a slash at the moron. "Bwahaha! Wow, mate, you got your work cut out with this'un." Alejandro added, soon after turning and walking off towards the bar, which the bar maid was still at and readying the next round for their table. It seems however they'd be delayed since he'd start engaging her in very close conversation.

Marquis was soon letting out an aggravated huff, only to look then to Nathan, who looked to him. Then Sybil, then back to Marquis. "Uhhh, I gotta take a piss." He'd mutter into his drink, only to stand up and also meander off into the crowed of the bar. It's at this point Marquis just furrowed his brows, and stared daggers at the back of Nathans head as he walked away. Once gone, however, he'd just sigh and close his eyes for a moment to compose himself. "Fine, whatever, you just want to learn. It's no big deal, I'll answer any question you have. No matter how awkward I find it." It seemed he'd conceded, the company of his brethren clearly not helping the prior issues. It seemed there was nowhere to escape.
code by Ri.a

Sybil

Mood: Confused

Her nose wrinkled up at Alejandro and his boisterous laughter, her expression still just as confused. Now he was just throwing out weird terms like baby batter. The fuck is that? Her hand raised up to stop the men from continuing on so she could question them, but the conversation just steamrolled forward. Even without knowing what the hell Alejandro was referencing, she was absolutely certain she didn't want his batter. Whatever the hell it was. Her head was slowly starting to spin from all the noise in the room, so her hands moved to grip the edge of the wooden table. The bitter smell of ale was slowly filling the air, blocking out the scent of the perfume on her neck.

However, Marquis soon had her full attention again. And based off the look she was currently giving him, he had managed to slowly shift her mood back into 'pissed-off' territory. So this is what he refused to tell her about. Kind of? The scorching and burning look was returning to her eyes, clashing with the deep royal blue that he had grown so used to staring down at. She was completely still as Alejandro burst out with his statement, as if she didn't hear it. She didn't even know the lingo for the act he was describing, much less the actual term. Her fingers continued to clench tightly at the corner of the table, a clear sign she was attempting to hold back some of her rage. To not throw her drink forward at his pretty face.

Nathan was quick to abandon the situation, leaving the two of them alone once again. His meek offered was heard, and Sybil responded by pushing her chair back loudly. Some nearby glanced at her, but she didn't bother giving them even a passing glance. "I am going outside. Enjoy your evening, and whatever it may entail," she said, speaking through gritted teeth. Turning on her bare heel, Sybil then pushed her way through the crowd and to the door. It swung open and closed, leaving Marquis alone at the table.

Standing outside now, Sybil just let out an annoyed growl. Her head tilted back to stare up at the sky, the noise of the bar now muffled behind her. What was so funny to Alejandro? Were her and Marquis supposed to be doing something together? Did that mean she was already behind on trying to be human?
code by Ri.a

Marquis Emanuel

Mood: Conflicted

As Sybil moved to stand up, Marquis simple groaned and rolled his eyes, soon after looking at her back as she began to storm out of the tavern. "God damned it." He'd seethe the words, wishing now that she'd just stayed on the ship and took his request to meet up in the morning. Realizing that he couldn't just let her roam around the town without a chaperone, knowing well she looked more or less homeless wearing his clothing like she currently was, he'd move to stand up. Stepping from the table, and moving towards the exit, a voice would suddenly hail for him. "Hey now, sweetie, you aren't leaving already are you?" The soft voice cut through the rowdy noise inside, and the fog of annoyance that was clouding his head. A woman in a similar outfit to the barmaids soon approached, her black hair braided back and a slick grin on her face. "Friend of mine said you're the captain of that ship that just came in. I was hoping to hear some stories about the sea~" She purred upon actually coming up to Marquis, now softening his own features as he looked to her. In the background he'd then see Alejandro, comfortably against and holding the barmaid from before while offering a grin in Marquis direction.

After looking to his vice for a moment longer, he'd then look back towards his newest company. "Aye, I suppose I could use the company." He'd respond, soon after gesturing towards the table he was just leaving. After which, she'd shake her head only to reach inside a pouch on the front apron she wore and present a key. Offering it to Marquis, who took it with an open palm, she'd then give a wink. "I'll grab us a couple drinks, I'll see you in room three upstairs." She said, turning then and walking off, her hips intentionally swaying for him to look to while she disappeared in the crowed that she had suddenly emerged from before. Just what was that trouble maker Ally saying...

Looking for the stairs, he'd have an afterthought before going up about Sybil, looking then towards the exit for a moment more. She needed to cool her head, and he had a bit of frustration built up as well. It was probably best they take some personal time to relax, right? Besides, his men were all over the city now, so if she wound up lost someone would probably interject. They knew how valuable she was for their quest. After looking to the exit for a moment longer, he'd head on up the stairs and soon disappear into the room. A cozy bed, desk, and lantern already burning with a dim orange light that filled the room. Taking the time to actually take his boots off, sitting on the edge of the bed, last his crew would know is a raven haired woman went upstairs with a couple large ales and some pep in her step. That's exactly where Marquis would be for the remainder of the night, as well.
code by Ri.a

Sybil

Mood: Calming down

Her toes slowly curled around the cold cobblestone outside the tavern, a shiver running through her body. Damn humans and their inability to just stay warm. She wanted to seethe! How could she possibly stay angry when the entire world was encouraging her to just chill out? Her head remained tilted back with a frustrated groan, the wind whipping her long hair around her head. An annoyed hum sounded in the back of her throat, but she looked more upset than angry in the moment of it all. Her arms were firmly crossed over her chest in an attempt to converse warm, her teeth chewing on her lower lip. He should know why she was upset! It was his job, right? He said he'd help her with being human, yet she was more confused than ever at the moment. It was cold out, Nathan and Alejandro had split away, and Marquis wasn't following her out--

She stopped in her thoughts, blinking a few times to herself. Had she stormed out with the expectation he'd follow her? The realization hit her like a break, a firm whoosh of air leaving her gut as it did. She had left in a huff, so Marquis could trail behind her and out of the loud bar. So they could talk quietly like they had before. She had become so used to the process on the ship, she had come to expect it. Her head turned slowly back to the door, but it never swung open. How long had it been? Five minutes, ten? Not even Nathan was coming out, and she sure as hell didn't think Alejandro was either. She needed to go say...Say it to Marquis. Besides, it was cold outside. She needed to go back inside.

Pushing the door back in, Sybil pushed her way back through the crowd over to the table. She stopped, staring now. It was empty, the entire table abandoned. A quick look around the place left her even more confused. Where had they gone?

code by Ri.a

Marquis Emanuel

Mood: -

As she looked around, the confusion clear on her face, she'd hear someone clear their throat behind her. Nathan, his face reddened from drinking a bit more than he probably should have, was now standing behind Sybil. "Ay, Sybil. Alejandro and Marquis, uhhh, went to bed for the night. Alejandro got-" He'd pause, taking a moment to pat down his pockets before pulling a key out. It had a little four etched into it, and as he handed it out to her he'd use his other hand to point to the number. "Your in room four, up the stairs. He bought the place out, I guess. I'm just dishing out keys till I turn in." His duty was shared, but really he was just here to get plastered and likely forget well the task Alejandro asked him to do at a certain point. Either way, once the key was handed over he'd turn away from Sybil and go back to the bar where a few other crewmen had already settled. The place was now half crew and half locals by this point, many of them mingling and starting to talk to one another.

She'd actually see a man looking to her with a smile, someone who wasn't a part of the crew. Offering a sly wink her way, he'd simply raise his glass and take a drink. Should she decide to join a local townsman for the evening, she certainly could, otherwise she was only around fellow crewmen at this point. As for where Marquis and Alejandro actually were, she could only assume from what Nathan told her they had to be upstairs in one of the ten rooms. Had Marquis really left to sleep alone for a night, even after spending the last five with her by his side?
code by Ri.a

Sybil

Sybil was silent as the key was dropping into her hand, her palm extended without a word. Her hair had been whipped up by the wind once again, but the knots were barely forming. A small sign of her little bout outside, but nothing more. Her gaze was unwavering as Nathan spoke to her, her eyes dropping down to stare at the little metal item. Marquis went to sleep? Her eyes darted over to the empty table they had previously sat at, but more men were slowly making their way over to it. The hot chocolate was gone, along with their other glasses. But the woman who brought the drinks said...Her fingers curled closed around the key, and she offered a curt nod to Nathan as an indication she heard him. As he began to walk away, the local townsman was spotted. The sly wink was sent her way, but he only got a stone-faced expression in return. She wasn't planning to mingle with anymore humans tonight, she needed to apologize to Marquis.

Promptly turning on her heels, Sybil began to march up the stairs into the upper rooms. The commotions downstairs slowly began to fade away, but they were replaced by much more...unpleasant noises. Pausing only seconds as she began to walk down the hall, Sybil listened for a moment or so. It sounded like...people were getting hurt? If people were being harmed in these rooms, and Marquis had gone to sleep--

Her eyes widened, before she quickly moved down the hall to her own room marked with the number four. Her fingers uncurled around the key, and it was jammed into the hole on the door. A few seconds of fumbling, and it was flung open to reveal an empty bed. That alone shocked her enough. She had fully expected to see Marquis asleep on the bed. A dry swallow sounded, a panicked look overtaking her expression. He was being hurt in another room, that was it. He'd be in the same room as her tonight for obvious reasons, he just wouldn't let her sleep alone on land alone. It'd be too dangerous. It'd be--

Another cruel noise caught her attention, from the room right next door. The noise was achingly familiar, and it was exactly who she was looking for. Whipping around and back into the hall, Sybil was quick to press her ear up against the door of room number three, her eyes widening as her suspicions were confirmed. Marquis was in there, with some woman. He was being hurt by the sound of, she was too? Was she hurting him, or had he hurt her in return? No matter, he needed her help.

The key was shoved into the hole, causing the knob to jingle a bit as she tried to open it. Nothing happened, of course, given the key was for her room alone. The jingling stopped for a second, before the knob began to violently shake in the frame. Sybil wasn't exactly an expert on opening doors, so if she just...shook it up hard enough...Maybe it would fall apart.

code by Ri.a

Marquis Emanuel

Mood: Uncomfortable

After a moment of her thrashing the door knob, the inside of the room would have a few hushed sounds before going completely quiet. A few moments would pass, likely during which Sybil would be listening closely. Yet, after a moment more the click of the lock being undone would be heard, followed by the door opening up enough to peek through. Inside was Marquis, looking through with a tinge of annoyance in his eyes, currently wearing only a towel around his waist, sweat beading on his forehead and causing a slight sheen to his now bare chest. The chest she usually rests upon during the long nights. "Sybil?" Marquis questioned, his lips parting to speak again, only to pause for another moment. Opening the door slightly more to step before the entryway, he was quick to bring it to a close around his own frame. Likely not quick enough to show the fact there was another in the bed behind him, currently holding sheets up over her own chest with a confused look on her face.

"Hey, didn't you get your own room assigned to you by now?" He asked, a certain flatness to his tone. It seemed as if his indifferent tone was an attempt to disassociate himself from her, not trying to get into anything right now. He'd already dealt with more attitude that he's used to, and clearly he isn't very adept at dealing with such things. So here he was, his left hand holding the door slightly closed with himself blocking the view inside, while his right hand was oddly enough covering his lap. For one reason or another, she was being shut out.

"Go get some sleep, we can set out in the morning to get everything done." One thing was for sure, just from first glance. She'd been replaced for the night when it came to bedside company.
code by Ri.a

Sybil

Mood: Worried

When the quiet overcame the room, Sybil was quick to press her ear against the wooden frame. Had she silenced Marquis? He couldn't be dead, she just heard him a few moments ago! For some damn reason, her breathing was quick to pick up. Her heart rate was increasing, causing a bit of a sweat to break out on her neck. How was she supposed to get in there and help him if the damn door wouldn't open! Pulling back with a worried noise, she was ready to sprint around and find Alejandro or Nathan. Even Ally wouldn't reject helping her if it meant helping out--

In the midst of her panicked planning, the door creaked open. Her head instantly snapped back to stare at whoever was coming out, and she was instantly relived to see Marquis himself peaking through. But something was wrong. There was sweat on his forehead, and he wasn't wearing the shirt he had on anymore. He was breathing harder, and there was someone in the bed--

Anything else Marquis said was lost to Sybil, her gaze already locked onto the woman laying there. She was the one who was hurting Marquis. She had been making him groan out in pain. If Marquis took one glance at Sybil's eyes, he'd know something was wrong. It was the same look she had in her eyes the night he hauled her up from the sea and pinned her down. The same look in her eyes when she snapped Mira's neck backwards. The woman had hurt Marquis. She was going to kill her, she was going to--

A hard shove was sent into the side of Marquis as Sybil pushed back him, the door flung open likely to the shock of both him and the barmaid. Her body was like a dart, shooting forward through the room. Marquis had only seen her kill someone once, but that wasn't her truly hunting. This was Sybil at her prime. Her body veered to the side, before she had blown out the light inside the lantern with one swift breath. In the next moment, the same lantern was smashed against the wall into large shards. It was all happening in seconds, as in the next moment Sybil had a shard held tight enough to cut open her own palm, and she was pinning down the woman with a snarl.

She was just protecting Marquis. This is how she'd win at his little game of love, right? He'd trust her after this for saving his life. Her arm raised upward, preparing to jab the shard down into the barmaid's quivering neck.

code by Ri.a

Marquis Emanuel

Mood: Startled

Staggered, not expecting Sybil to just push past him like that, he watched as she moved in and at the barmaid. Soon enough the only light offered was that from the hall and the moonlight from the window in the room. In that quick moment, the door would slap shut just as Sybil bore down on the company of Marquis, company whom was about to let out a blood curdled scream. It's as the glass shard rose up before plummeting down that Marquis was upon the two. Grabbing first Sybils wrist, he'd then let the rest of his body crash into her as he'd barreled towards the bed in a desperate attempt to stop the attack. How was he to know she'd take this kind of action? Was she so jealous she'd kill any partner he got with?! "Sybil! Calm down!" The words came out in a bark, making every attempt to try and locate her other wrist to pin her down to the bed, though having difficulty due to trying to locate everything in the dim moon lit room.

With him now struggling with Sybil, the barmaid would make every attempt she could to scramble out of the bed, naked and terrified. It's now that she had a different opinion on sailors, and how they act, her panicked breathing at least keeping her from letting out a horrified scream. With a thud sounding once she rolled free, it could be heard that she was scrambling desperately to get to her feet and towards the door, having taken the blanket with her in her desperate attempt to escape.

Of course, during the dash to try and grab Sybil, Marquis lost his towel. Not that it mattered at the moment since it was too dark to even find one anothers arms, let alone see one another clearly. For now he was just trying to force his weight upon her to get her still, and keep her from hurting either the barmaid, himself, or herself.
code by Ri.a

Sybil

She was helping Marquis. It was okay, he said he still killed people as a human anyway. She wasn't trying to take her heart, she was just stopping her from hurting him--

A shocked cry sounded as her wrist was stopped from delivering the deadly blow, though it was replaced a moment later with a grunt of pain as she hit the bed. She was rolling off the side a moment later, the weight of Marquis hitting her like a truck. He was so heavy compared to anything else that had hit her before, it knocked the air straight from her lungs. Her instincts kicked in, her fingers curling tighter around the glass shard she held. Blood was starting to leak out between her fingertips, staining the clear material in the dark. Her hips buckled upward in an attempt to throw him off, confusion running through her mind. Why was he stopping her?! He was just being attacked, she knew he was! He couldn't possibly be that prideful to not accept her help, could he?

The woman was running out from the room now, leaving Sybil laying on the ground with Marquis pinning her down. His full weight was resting upon her, meaning he could feel just how rapidly her heart was beating. How hard she was breathing, matching the panicked expression on her face. It wasn't anger, or even jealous. It just looked like fear. A sudden gasp left her lips as the pain of the shard reached her finally, her fingers uncurling from the piece. Blood was covering her hand now, and her head twisted to try and look at it. She couldn't see shit, though.

Instead, her head turned forward again. Marquis was looming above her, his long hair barely tickling her face. Her voice was panicked and hushed, clearly struggling to put together words. "S-She was hurting you, I-I heard it--" She stuttered out to him, trying to explain it. Why didn't he get it?! She was just helping him! This is how she earned his trust!

For Marquis, a different realization was likely hitting him.

She thought she was protecting him.
code by Ri.a

Last edited:
Marquis Emanuel

Mood: Conflicted

Once he heard the glass hit the wooden floorboards, a relieved sigh sounded from Marquis, but his grip and hold on Sybil remained. At least until she spoke out, at which point confusion crossed his expression. Not that she'd see as much, considering the current lighting in the room, at least that was until one of the nightstand lanterns began to glow. The barmaid still present, her chest heaving far heavier than either Sybil or Marquis as she stared at the two in bewilderment. Marquis, currently in the buff while pinning Sybil to the floor, and soon enough the blood seen clearly in the poor girls hand. "S-she was going to kill me." The barmaid muttered, the shock of it all still rushing through her head. "S-s-she was g-" "It's okay, it's okay. I'll leave a gold dragon for you downstairs, just leave us." Marquis quietly spoke, it seemed all the adrenaline had quickly washed away and his breathing was already beginning to level.

It was a few moments before the words he'd said made sense to the girl, he was offering to pay so she would forget anything happened, and for a moment she was debating whether or not that would be something she was willing to be paid off for. At least until Marquis turned his eyes off of Sybil, whom he was looking at with a somber tinge in his eyes, only to cast a glare towards the barmaid. Who quickly caught the context that this was both an offer, and a demand. With haste she'd scoop up her clothing, and escape from the room with the blanket still around her. Once the door shut behind her, Marquis let out a quiet sigh and his grasp around Sybil began to loosen. "Sybil, I..." Removing his right hand from her wrist, he'd bring it up and cover her eyes lightly. "Hold still, please." It's after that he'd remove himself from her, his other hand releasing her wrist and soon enough he was sitting cross legged beside her on the floor with his backpack in his lap. Conveniently placed, and soon he was digging through it. "Hold your hand up, this will sting. I'm doing what I did with your foot before." He offered, soon fishing out a flash, as well as a medical pouch that he figured they may need tomorrow. Who would have thought he'd need it so soon.

Even if she didn't willingly hold her hand out, he'd take it, and start washing the wound out with the burning liquor to ensure it was clean enough to dress, and only then would he begin to explain what was really happening. "She wasn't hurting me, Sybil. She was pleasing me. We were having sex, or making love, or, as Alejandro called it earlier-" His eyes left her hand for a moment, and looked to her. A slight anger was behind his gaze, though that is likely how she'd interpret disappointment. "- we were fucking." He finished giving the names of the activities so she wouldn't be confused when they came up again in any sort of conversion. "It's that thing I didn't talk about earlier, it's also what your queen does when she gets her hand on men. It's the first process behind making children, though it doesn't always have to end in child birth. Humans do it because it feels good." Back to dressing her hand, a cloth bandage being wrapped around her palm, his hand that wasn't wrapping was grasping her wrist in place to ensure she couldn't pull free. Even if she did hate him, she had to be treated. "We do it to have fun, but most commonly, it's what people do when they love each other. Like we talked about earlier. Doing it doesn't mean you love the other person, but... If you love the other person, you typically will 'make love', as it's commonly called in that situation."

It's only after his little explanation of what she came in on, and what he didn't mention to her before, that he'd be wrapping up the dressing of her wounds in completion. Naturally he wasn't going into the full details on how people go about the act of making love, or having sex, or anything like that, as he figured that wasn't exactly important. It also wasn't really possible without giving her a peek of what he'd done a pretty good job hiding thus far. He also didn't expect to more or less tell the story of the birds and the bees tonight, instead his only plan was enact the story himself.
code by Ri.a

Sybil

Mood: Upset

Staring up at him as her panicked breathing continued, Sybil wasn't exactly sure what to think in the moment. The new lighting brought light to features, revealing just how wide her eyes had gotten. Her lips were still parted in a weak explanation, but nothing was rising up at this point. She couldn't even look to the barmaid, though Marquis somehow managed to shoo her away. For now, her attention was slowly being diverted to the pounding pain in her hand. Blood was leaking from the large slice, threatening to pool around her cheek if it was left to bleed any longer. It ached as much as when Mira bit down on her foot, the siren's blood close to burning through her own skin. The look Marquis was giving her didn't help either. He looked...dissapointed in her. She had done something wrong, she just knew she had. Why was everything so complicated?

After her name was softly muttered by the pirate above her, she didn't move one inch as his hand slowly lowered over her eyes. She didn't know what he was blocking her sight for, but she was too numb to try and wiggle away. His weight soon left her, a harsh gulp of air sucked down the moment he had moved to her side. His hand was removed from her eyes, and she slowly sat up with a groaning ache. Hitting the floor wasn't any fun, especially when it was by such a large man. Though at his command, her hand was silently offered over to him. Crimson droplets of blood continued to leak onto the floor, even staining the sleeve of the white shirt she wore.

Another sharp noise of pain sounded once the liquid was poured over the wound, her natural reaction to jerk away from it. His other hand was holding her wrist however, leaving the woman sitting there with more pain than before. But when his explanation begin, the pain slowly seemed to fade from her mind. It hit her like a wave, her eyes suddenly squinting up as he continued on. There was that word again. Love. Making love, trusting each other. Pleasing each other. Purposefully avoiding his gaze when he looked up at him, she was trying to fight back her own tears at the moment. The Queen knew about it, but told no one. So the sirens couldn't go off on their own and start their own little families. No, everything had to be under her control.

When he finished wrapping the wound up, Sybil just stared down at her hand for a moment. Whatever the hell was going through her head at the moment was a mystery. At least it was, until she looked up at him.

"I-I can do that then. Right? It is what humans do, I can make you feel good--" She began, a desperate attempt to try and mend the situation at hand. Her body moved forward, her good hand coming forward to rest against the bag in his lap. Her mouth was drawing dangerously close to his own, but she stopped only an inch from his lips. "I-I can do what she does j-just as well...Then you can t-trust me, Marquis. A-Alejandro thought we were already, s-so it is okay. I-I can do it..."

How desperately she wanted to prove she wasn't a monster anymore. That she could be a human just like him. She could do it just as well as any other woman! She was an adult too, god damn it. If Marquis was going to feel good, why not it by Sybil who does it? She could do it, she could do it...
code by Ri.a

Marquis Emanuel

Mood: Decided

Looking to Sybil, and waiting for a response to all he'd just unloaded on her. He didn't know how she'd even begin to process such a foreign thing, especially since it'd been a reality for her kind this whole time, just hidden by her queen. A part of him didn't want to tell her this because he didn't want her to feel silly never knowing, knowing well she'd beat herself up about such a simple thing. Maybe he'd make her feel like a kid. One thing was for certain, especially from the sudden look of surprise that crossed his face, Marquis wasn't expecting such a reaction from Sybil.
With her form soon moving from where she sat only to approach Marquis, he'd first look down to where her hand placed, only to barely look up in time to lean back against the bed in order to avoid her face pressing to his own. Still their lips inches apart, able to smell the chocolate scent still lingering on her breath as she began to stutter out to him. Yet all senses became numb when he began to hear the words she began to speak. Why would she say that? Earlier he imagined she was angry with him, finding him difficult and growing frustrated, but now that she came in to find him there with another she suddenly had such a change in heart. Had he misinterpreted what was going on with her this whole time? Were their kind so different that he'd been blind to what Sybil was actually thinking, or feeling? This of course brought him back two nights prior, when the conversation like this came to light between the two. How he dodged her question from his own cowardice, only because she used a certain word.

Trust. He knew her definition of trust was what he compared it to. He knew when she asked for his trust, she was asking for his love - Something Marquis wasn't sure he was even capable of offering her at such a time. Wasn't it too soon? Maybe not? Maybe the comfort they offered one another, the playful quips, the danger, and adventure, maybe it all was enough for love. It was the dull experience of settling on a coast with some stay at home broad that actually scared him, of a boring future with too many kids that he had no readiness to settle down and raise yet. One thing was now wondering if Sybil asked for his trust because she trusted him. She wanted his love so much, and the way she stammered and asked for what she was, well... It was plain to see. Sybil may not fully understand yet, but there were certainly strong feelings for Marquis welling in her newly beating heart. She'd even gone as far as to attack another to defend him, though thinking now if she had a better understanding he wouldn't doubt her for attacking out of jealousy either.

Staring to her, mouth still agape as his mind began to race, he then realized the ethical issues. She was new to this, completely and entirely. He'd be her first in every regard, likely the first kiss that didn't end in bloodshed as well. He didn't want to hurt her, but he would be lying if he told himself he hasn't wanted her in this way every night they cuddled so close. How her skin against his drove his mind to wander, and how seeing her nude flared up a thought of feeling the flesh she so willingly offered for him to see. Now she may know why it was an issue, or rather, she would likely find out if they carried through with this.

Yet, she didn't know what she was asking for. Wouldn't this be taking advantage of her naive nature? Wouldn't it be using her vulnerability and desire for... Affection. 'Trust', as she called it. Didn't he just tell her that when people 'trust' one another, this is what they do? Was he wrong in telling her that? Wasn't it what he believed as well? It wasn't wrong, was it? To give her what she was asking for, what she wanted? Was it so hard to believe that in actuality, the once Siren and now most lovely woman he'd seen had an interest in sharing her body with him?

"No." The word came out in a breathless whisper, his brown eyes softening some and a look of distress now upon his features. "You... You don't know. I'm sorry, it wouldn't be right, you have no idea. I offered earlier to answer questions, to talk about it with you, but you stormed out instead." He began, a his words almost choked from hos softly he was offering his normally gruff voice. "You just walked off." Marquis reiterated, trying to make her acknowledge where her fault actually was. He needed her to see she had to be patient, unlike now where she so blindly offered something she could never know about. "But don't get the wrong idea, Sybil. I - I'd want to, you're a beautiful woman. One I do trust - trust enough to set on this mad adventure with. I just don't think you even understand what trust is, and the difference between friendship and love. We have a lot to discuss, and you have so much to learn about being a human. That isn't bad, you shouldn't feel bad about it because I know you're making an effort to learn. You've made great efforts during the past two days proving yourself to Alejandro, even." The last bit was added with his tone picking up slightly, and a smile beginning to show. The tone was still serious, but that was no reason he couldn't help her realize she wasn't in trouble.

"So... For starters, close your eyes. I have to find my underwear..." With that, he'd reach up and encourage her to lean back and away if she hadn't already. Otherwise, he'd simply get up and cover her eyes if she hand't closed them, taking the time to start getting dressed before getting in the messy bed. This would be a long, blue night.
code by Ri.a

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back