• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Kill One Hundred Gods

Adam Hann

Adam listened to the conversations around him peacefully, his black silken hood resting atop the locks of his long hair. He elected to close his eyes for the duration of the ride, appearing restful and calm to onlookers.

He spoke up; gleaming, soothing voice, like a leaf swaying in the autumn wind, cutting across the Maverick to join one of the conversations with impeccable precision, "Respect for the gods? Interesting. So you worship them, without supporting them? Do you find the glory in their nature, or in their strength?" His eyes opened, one a second after the other, as he glanced at Aaagh and Dylas. "What, then, would you do if we encounter a god at our arrival point? It's equally likely there is a storm that's jamming our communications, as much as there is a chance we might encounter someone from the Third Circle. Will your faith prevail then?"

It was a question commenced of curiosity. Faith was rare in the world of humans since they abandoned the gods in favor of destroying them, and building their own future. Even these humble ministrations - respect without support, as the shoggoth had surmised - sounded interesting to Adam, although he couldn't explain why. Perhaps it was his nature: seeking closure for the past life he used to live, or perhaps it was only an indulgence of whim.
Selee-01 Selee-01 Space Buddha Space Buddha LostHaven LostHaven Churl Churl
+ anyone else.

Adam Hann

Adam listened to the conversations around him peacefully, his black silken hood resting atop the locks of his long hair. He elected to close his eyes for the duration of the ride, appearing restful and calm to onlookers.

He spoke up; gleaming, soothing voice, like a leaf swaying in the autumn wind, cutting across the Maverick to join one of the conversations with impeccable precision, "Respect for the gods? Interesting. So you worship them, without supporting them? Do you find the glory in their nature, or in their strength?" His eyes opened, one a second after the other, as he glanced at Aaagh and Dylas. "What, then, would you do if we encounter a god at our arrival point? It's equally likely there is a storm that's jamming our communications, as much as there is a chance we might encounter someone from the Third Circle. Will your faith prevail then?"

It was a question commenced of curiosity. Faith was rare in the world of humans since they abandoned the gods in favor of destroying them, and building their own future. Even these humble ministrations - respect without support, as the shoggoth had surmised - sounded interesting to Adam, although he couldn't explain why. Perhaps it was his nature: seeking closure for the past life he used to live, or perhaps it was only an indulgence of whim.
Selee-01 Selee-01 Space Buddha Space Buddha LostHaven LostHaven Churl Churl
+ anyone else.
The Shoggoth turned an appendage in the direction of Adam.

“A god is strong. I respect their power, but I would not hesitate to attack a god if the opportunity arose. If they cannot defend themselves, then they are to be eaten. That’s the way of Shoggoths. And what is... worship?”

• Eva Akkala: Maverick

Eva grunts as the horned man takes the book back, and soon after ignores the lich and the smut he produces, too disappointed with her previous failed attempt to serenade the others with bad erotica to even suspect its true nature. She perks up again as the priest explains his ways, though, she can't help but correct him.

I really shouldn't I really shouldn't I really shouldn-

"Hundred? Man there's only ninety four, and that ain't countin' the dice go-."

She is cut off by the shoggoth, and, talking to him as she would literally any other person, she explained worship to him in the words of one that had never even seen a church in her life, unless you count sacrificial altars.

"Well, worship can mean a lot of things. In my own experience, it's talking to the ceiling. You tell it about your problems and ask it for help or forgiveness for something you did, some people used to devote their whole lives to doing that, called monks if I remember correctly. They lived alone, but sometimes I've heard of people doing it in big groups, but in that case they instead talk to the floor'n sing'n cry'n babble'a buncha' weird words and ask for favors from gods. I'm not one to judge but I'd imagine it looks really funny, I can imagine it worked too with the favor thing, hell, I'd pay to see that. It can also apparently make you feel really good, like a kind of spiritual experience, though I can't imagine why anyone who wanted one of those wouldn't just learn magic."

Brother Dylas Gresh

The Maverick

Interaction: Selee-01 Selee-01 Birdsie Birdsie Space Buddha Space Buddha

The Priest smiled at the gelatinous mass. “There is much to say on the gods, I’m afraid. Too much to cover in even a day, friend Shoggoth. As for that ‘plant’, that was Lethos, one of the ten gods that reigns most high. The founder of this order had successfully slain a lower god, and marched his armies to supposedly kill Lethos, and butcher several of its spawn.”

He spread his arms as he faced the others. “I do not see a conflict of interest in my beliefs and this mission. The magics gained from the slain are not trophies claimed, but gifts won through proof of destiny. The gods would not be gods if they could be truly killed, this is simply a transition of form. That we are able to strike against the gods at all shows it is the destiny of the heavens, a test to see if we are worthy. Thus, in holding to my faith am I strong enough to rebel against it.“

Smiling at this circular logic, the Priest cuts himself using a dagger that he flicks out from his sleeve, and begins to paint runes on his palms using the blood. Despite focusing on the task, he carries on like this is normal busywork, and keeps his tone casual.

“As for worship, it is anything. The heavens are encompassing, so long as you acknowledge them in an action, it is worship in my eyes. Some prefer to quietly meditate, and my order also taught more... physical means of reverence.”

Although he keeps his gentle smile, he visibly stops his hands from reaching to cover the scars hidden beneath his clothing, phantom pains flaring up at their remainder.

His mind quickly moved on, or rather, simply stored the information about the possible-preacher in his mind after staring at him like he was a child considering whether or not he should kill a cockroach or simply let it go after it found its way to his bedroom. He decided to move on to Kalai. Inexperienced as he said, young, probably with an unbranded style of martial arts. Yet here he was. Why was he selling himself short? It truly confused him. They were all here as equals, at least in rank- no one was put above the other, and unless the people in charge here really didn't care who joined, (even further, that is) he deserved his place here. So why...?

"If you're here, then you deserve it like the rest of us. Why are you selling yourself short?"
"Because I have to be aware that there are people who outrank me and out power me. Being a martial artist means nothing compared to someone who can kill with only a glance." Kalai replied, sighing after he was busy with preparations for the coming mission.

(OOC: IRL crud popped up. Sorry for the delay.)

1591581259694.png

Danú
Danú had expected at least one of her fellow teammates would object to her leadership, she however underestimated how vocal such a scene would end up being. Richard not only stormed off with blatant disrespect but also made a sly remark regarding Danú's age, proclaiming that no one would ever assume her to be a leader should they view inward from the outside. Clearly the man had never heard of an after-action report nor of the fact team roles were recorded and passed on to those higher up the chain of command. He would certainly end up being a thorn in her side, of that Danú was assured.

Taking the folder bestowed upon her with great care Danú quietly and quickly proceeded to make her way out of the room, bowing once again to her commander and his assistant before doing so. She had very little time to both read the information she was just given and even less to formulate a plan taking said information into account. With this in mind, Danú made her way directly to the Maveric, having already been prepared for dispatch before attending the briefing.

Upon the maverick Danú took her seat and later Eva was seated next with Tenryuu next after that. The two were talkative and seemed friendly for the most part. It was a relief that at least some of the team seemed to be charismatic, even if only that relief was small in essence. While the two beside her spoke about a romatic book they choose to read Danu scanned through the files she had been given. Somewhat curious about the book in question, she'd made a note to ask about it later.

The files compiled within the folder were everything she had hoped for, it detailed the skills of her teammates, their relative background information and notes on each that would help tremendously with what was to come. With the intel she had received Danú could most definitely formulate a number of plans with confidence. Scanning through each and every page Danú mentally replicated the information and made sure to memorise even the most minute detail of each member, she wouldn't have the luxury of using the folder while in the field after all. Everything was going splendidly, this folder was a lifeline, with this Danú felt much more at ease. That was until she came across two specific files labelled 'classified'. Within seconds Danú's face lost its colour and her heartbeat raced to escape her throat. The information within was even more shocking than she could have ever imagined. Two members of her squad were not what the appeared to be. Two members of her squad were Vormloss. Adam and Alice... just what the hell was going on!

Closing over the folder Danú looked around for the two Vormloss with great care, what she had just read made her an accessory to something so absurd a mere assassination attempt was now the least of her worries. As a small bead of sweat raced across her brow Danú muttered to herself "That bastard played me...if this get's out... were all dead."

Snapping back to reality Danú quickly stuffed the folder away into her bag and prepared for takeoff. She needed to distract herself and calm her nerves and so turned to Ava and Tenryuu with a soft smile and asked politely "Is that book really all that interesting? I've never read a romantic book before. There kind of a taboo in my family..."
Birdsie Birdsie Celestial Speck Celestial Speck Space Buddha Space Buddha Noble Scion Noble Scion

“All the more reason why he should be fighting this battle, and why we are the fodder,” Richard told Adam over his shoulder. When the man gave his tentative goodbye, naturally, Richard’s arm motioned away from the clap he had given to it. They weren’t friends, and he didn’t like to be touched by strangers. He didn’t think anyone would. Except maybe the creature carrying his bag. She didn’t exactly dress like a lady. He found it offensive that such a thing would be assigned to him. Assigned. She was free to do what she wanted. She didn’t have to be his bodyguard or do anything for him.

Richard stared exhaustedly at the White Knight ( Celestial Speck Celestial Speck ) that seemed to be coddling every person with tits. His mother would have found it condescending as though a man had no faith in her ability to handle herself. There were bound to be a couple, some of them questionable, especially for being comfortable with the election of an adolescent as their leader.

The rifleman headed for the Maverick as the reality of the situation started to descend on his conscience like an enveloping sheet. He felt a tightness in his chest. His arms became alive with a thin stream of adrenaline. His heart quickened its pace. Thoughts of his demise or everyone’s demise started to flood his conscience. Was this how his parents felt when they had to confront their first god? He had felt foolish to have imagined up until now that they had been brave and unafraid. In that moment, as his grey eyes stared backwards into his mind, he contemplated what was he truly afraid of. Interestingly, it hadn’t been losing his life. Death contributed to more concerning fears such as dying in action so soon and embarrassing his family.

So then… ( Noble Scion Noble Scion )

Disturbed from his meditative condition, Richard glanced out of the corners of his eyes at the horned woman that caught up to him. Her arms were wrapped about his bag as though she were carrying a child. His eyes returned to the path in front of him. Perhaps he was being over-dramatic. They didn’t know what the Listening Outpost was asking for, but they were also expecting a god to be waiting or something equally terrible. His lips were reluctant to break. Like chains being pulled apart by raw strength, but they broke.

“I am a biochemist,” Richard answered, and he said nothing further. They approached the Maverick—aircraft, ground vehicle, whatever it was. He ascended the ramp, lowering his rifle to carry it with a discipline that kept the naughty end from flagging anyone. He took a seat wherever it was open, and he was at least mindful that there was another seat next to him for his bodyguard. He rested the rifle against his thigh and remained silent in his anxious and chaotic thoughts, while also eavesdropping on the conversation the apparent holy man had started.

I understand that my path raises a few eyebrows… ( Churl Churl )

“So you’re a traitor to your faith…at least you got balls admitting that you’re not a spy,” Richard replied, giving a glance around the interior at the other characters around him as though nonverbally suspecting any of them to be such. “Then again, your word could be taken lightly. You said it yourself. You haven’t renounced your faith so you could just as easily betray us as you do your gods. You sound like you’re straddling the line. If there’s a chance of our defeat, you’d probably go crawling back to your gods asking for forgiveness.”

Richard then watched the man begin to cut himself and draw markings in blood on his hand. The rifleman sat back in his seat and cursed under his breath. They had a crackpot on their team. It was to be expected.

Fen stared at the abomination before him The Maverick. Garm was the one who had noticed, sitting rigidly next to the great ship, his gaze un-moving which had alerted Fen who had been preparing for battle. Seeing the white wolf's unblinking gaze, as the stoic soldier approached, Fen examined the ship running his hand over the side of it before looking further ahead to see the rest of the ship. Fen's temper flared as he realised what this thing was.

Where there was once an elaborate exoskeleton now lay uniformed metal plating, the beautiful colours of its body gone replaced by drab gold and silver. It's long delicate wings, which had allowed it to dance across the sky had been torn away supplanted by large rotors, which screeched and whirred and great compound eyes, the very windows to it's soul, were now hollow sheets of glass.

The wrathful warrior held his great sword tight the very tip now buried in the ground, small cracks forming around it, as he looked at the metal monstrosity. Through the glass he could see a shadow moving around in the dug out head of this Maverick. Without a word the two companions headed for the "ship" and towards the nape of the desiccated creature.

Pushing past anyone still in the gangway or tossing them aside if need be, Fen barrelled towards the cockpit sending the door flying of it's hinges. Garm blocked the doorway, his bristled fur making him look over twice the size as he protected the weakened warrior.

Tagging: The Black Knight The Black Knight , Noble Scion Noble Scion , Churl Churl , Kingly K Duel Kingly K Duel , Celestial Speck Celestial Speck , Uasal Uasal , Selee-01 Selee-01 , Space Buddha Space Buddha , Gravitys Momentum Gravitys Momentum

Birdsie Birdsie tell me if this is too much and i'm guessing we have a pilot?

Last edited:
Tenryuu's mouth curled itself into a little confused frown as Eva ignored his question, not even acknowledging his presence after she had finished reading his book. Looking towards it, questions came to his mind about the nature of the book. Did he do something awkward? Was there something in it that shouldn't be read out loud? Flipping through the pages, he made sure that wasn't the case and that he didn't accidentally make Eva not wish to answer him. Well-- there were a few parts that talked about the female lead's clothes a lot, but, aside from that, there wasn't really anything that he found particularly awkward about it...

Just about as he was about to ask Eva what was wrong, the preacher from earlier had interrupted him, alongside many of the people around here. The horned man blinked at the sight, and surprisingly, not many people had freaked out as he thought they were. No one tried to take a shot between his eyes or cut off his head. A finger came to his chin as he thought. Did this mean they accept him-? No, it probably meant they didn't want to start a fight inside the...Maverick, or whatever they called it.

Either that or people were more accepting then he thought. He's not going to lie, the sight of Dylas cutting himself did instill some fighting senses into him, only slightly.

One of his hands freed itself from holding the book, as it curled up to form a small 'claw' of sorts, as his foot was put forward, but only barely. His position was almost unnoticeable. Were this to fall into a fight, which he guessed it could be a possibility if everyone was truly that untrustworthy as they were painting themselves to be, he would at least be able to fall onto the initial Reaching Star position quickly enough to act and stop that possible nonsense from happening.

Thankfully, his leader's words snapped him back to reality, as Tenryuu's eyes gazed to look at her. His book again? Now, Tenryuu couldn't help but inwardly admit he was getting a mild feeling of confusion. If Eva didn't want to reply to his question about her name, would Danú do the same if she read it herself? Was this effect only on women? Was Make Out Paradise a cursed book?

...Probably not. But it's probably embarrassing to read for some. Regardless, her question made him curious.

"I like it, personally." Tenryuu answered with a smile on the memories of reading and the many books he's read until then. Really, while he didn't understand people, he could at least understand the characters in paper and ink. Despite the happy memories, his eyes did occasionally glaze over to Dylas, and anyone else in his immediate vicinity, although he did relax a bit as Danú spoke- Only attack if she orders to do so. Right. She was the leader and his wielder for now. She calls the shots.

Although... "They are...? Why's that? Romance is a natural part of life, why wouldn't they enjoy you reading about it?" Maybe because some books were just excuses to feel good, (read: The Orc and the Elf Princess) although that likely wasn't the case. "...I just read this book to, er, understand a bit more about people. I'm not good at understanding a lot of you, so this helps me a little bit in that regard, but, sorry in advance if I say something that's awkward. I have a few others of other genres in my pouch, though... They're also...A good way to keep the spirits up, I think. Helps ease up stress and keep your mind focused."

If he wanted to be a proper warrior, he needs to know when to both understand his allies and what they're doing or thinking, as well as be able to control his emotions and when to turn them on or off. The books helped him quite a lot. After all, Danú could tell by his tone he was struggling a little bit with speaking in a way that didn't sound weird or misunderstood what she said.

Brother Dylas Gresh

The Maverick

The holy man of dubious stability noticed the looks he was getting from his macabre anointing but misinterpreted the looks of concern.

“Ah! Apologies. I should have known better. Do not worry, I am not a student of blood magic, these runes aid in my manipulation of the lifesparks. Using an ink that is more... directly from life feels appropriate.”

The Black Knight The Black Knight

He frowned at Richard’s words. “I appear to have misrepresented myself. I have not betrayed the gods, it is all of humanity that is mistaken. This is not a war, it is a trial to test our strength and resilience. We are on a holy mission, all of us, doing the gods’ will in the so-called ‘slayings’. After all, we know the gifts of the quote unquote deceased gods remain, clearly they are not truly dead. The only ones I might be believed to have ‘betrayed‘ are the Theoligistrates, and I disagree on that matter as well.”

He smiled, staring at nothing in particular.

“My prayers were answered over theirs. It was clear who destiny smiled upon. Those that claim it for their own.”

As he spun the barrel of revolver, it became clear this group may not have the best mental health screenings.

Alice Riverden - GG HQ
amalgam girl.png
Alice wasn't very impressed with the rather lack-luster response she'd been given, but guessed that he wasn't going to make her life easy and just talk with her freely like he seemed to be doing for everyone else. At least it wasn't required that she got to know him, just that she had to keep him out of trouble, although with all the things he said to what was supposed to be his allies, she could practically see the animosity building towards him.

The absent-minded chattering of everyone seemed unimportant for the most part, but what Alice did find rather alarming was the priest wielding a weapon that also happened to be talking with Pendergast, dangerous, although perhaps she had misinterpreted her mission when she'd been told that she had to get them out of the military's hair.

"... A-ha.. Sorry friend, but could you stow your weapon until we reach the battlefield? I wouldn't like to see any accidents coming of it, most particularly any involving my friend Pendergast here." she interjected into the conversation with the priest, her mouth a light curve, seemingly embarrassed at having to confront someone about something so small, but her eyes remaining cold and hard, as though saying no wasn't exactly an option.

She didn't want to cause any aggression between her and the other members, considering she planned on staying quiet until the opportunity arose for her to continue on the journey to perfection, but a little intimidation seemed necessary. "'Those that incite anguish in others will pay the price when the time is right', a proverb of my... Ah! Ah.. never mind." she winced, it was hard to remember that her past was supposed to be behind her when it had been the present not all that long ago.
Interactions: The Black Knight The Black Knight Churl Churl

Eva sits mostly motionless, until Danu spoke regarding the book, at which she found it appropriate to say absolutely everything on her mind.

"You ain't missin' much with this one at least, personally, I found the plot to be contrived and the characters to be like cardboard cutouts. Though I could be a bit biased, I was hoping it'd be one of those steamy adult romance novels so I could make a 'horny' joke about antler guy over here."

She gestures to Tenryuu.

"No offense, antler guy, I actually just never got your name."

From there her curiosity was peaked by the strange bloodletting ritual, as she internally processed the priest's words.

Hmmm, never got taught that in Evocation school, heck, we never used runes at all...

"Might I ask how exactly those runes work? I'm an evoker, you see, we manipulate lifesparks as well but I've actually never met a practicioner of the flow from the surface, can you tell me a bit about how you do it? Do you use sparks to conjure egregores as well? Or do you use it in other ways?"

She seemed completely ignorant of the man's clear mental instability, and just giggled a bit as Alice made a threat to the priest, who while she wasn't much of a fan of, she still pulled out her dagger and started to fidget with it along side the priest playing with his gun, hoping to start a trend of everyone playing with their weapons on the train.

"Yo, vormy, take a chill pill. Can you stow those teeth'n claws? Yeah I didn't think so. Your Dick over there'll be fine."

If she actually is able to retract those I'll eat my damn robes.

Last edited:

There was a mildly-suppressed surprised look on Richard’s face when his bodyguard ( Noble Scion Noble Scion ) showed what sounded to be genuine concern for his safety. The rifleman had turned his head slightly in Alice’s direction when she spoke, his grey eyes flicking over her face. What she was warning the priest about seemed small and hardly a concern, but a psychopath was a psychopath he supposed. He wouldn’t have taken any risks with any human with a knife. Richard’s attention slowly returned to the priest until some grey woman ( Space Buddha Space Buddha ) decided to interject herself into a conversation she had mostly taken no interest in. The entire crew was either crazy or prepubescent. Regardless, Richard said nothing. Alice’s actions had him tentatively lost for words as he withdrew back into his mind, and its internal storm.

Eva grunts as the horned man takes the book back, and soon after ignores the lich and the smut he produces, too disappointed with her previous failed attempt to serenade the others with bad erotica to even suspect its true nature. She perks up again as the priest explains his ways, though, she can't help but correct him.

I really shouldn't I really shouldn't I really shouldn-

"Hundred? Man there's only ninety four, and that ain't countin' the dice go-."

She is cut off by the shoggoth, and, talking to him as she would literally any other person, she explained worship to him in the words of one that had never even seen a church in her life, unless you count sacrificial altars.

"Well, worship can mean a lot of things. In my own experience, it's talking to the ceiling. You tell it about your problems and ask it for help or forgiveness for something you did, some people used to devote their whole lives to doing that, called monks if I remember correctly. They lived alone, but sometimes I've heard of people doing it in big groups, but in that case they instead talk to the floor'n sing'n cry'n babble'a buncha' weird words and ask for favors from gods. I'm not one to judge but I'd imagine it looks really funny, I can imagine it worked too with the favor thing, hell, I'd pay to see that. It can also apparently make you feel really good, like a kind of spiritual experience, though I can't imagine why anyone who wanted one of those wouldn't just learn magic."

"Ahhh," Aaagh said. "Shoggoths have something similar. If we’re about to be eaten, we sing and dance to try and make them let us go.”

Taliesin
In Front of the Maverick

The man looked at the abomination in front of him in horror. This was a travesty against life. He put his head against the dragonfly's and could hear the screaming pounding in its head but locked away against the needles forcing it to move. Taliesin felt bile in his throat and soon threw up onto the pavement.

In our path to overthrow the monsters, has mankind become the monsters ourselves?

He steadied himself, putting his hands on his knees before relaxing. Was the torture of another life the best way to success, were there no other options?

Taliesin's nerves were frayed and he climbed onto inside the Maverick.

The poor thing, stuck in a lifetime of hell reformed. Truly disgusting, couldn't just kill it and let life reclaim for its decay.

Shuddering, the simple farmer sat down unaware of what even more things he should witness that will break his psyche. He should put his mind somewhere else. Taliesin closed his eyes and slowed his breathing, in and out, in and out. His mind opened to the threads connecting all, and his own touched a speck in the air. A little spore found alone in its self.

A fungal Flower doesn't sound so bad.

With that decision made, he interweaved his thread with the spore's and began to Bond. Minutes passed in what seemed like Eons to him, going through the life of another organism before letting out its children to the winds, this would be his first Flower, a first generation capable of what? An aroma that soothes, yes that would be suitable and he sent this purpose into the spore. The spore finally accepted and transformed into a small bundle of mycolic nerves. He planted it into his pot and only time would tell.

Opening his eyes, he saw most of the crew inside the Maverick. Taliesin pulled out a book from his pack and began to read.

Brother Dylas

The Maverick

Interaction: Noble Scion Noble Scion The Black Knight The Black Knight Space Buddha Space Buddha Selee-01 Selee-01

The man had happily complied as the odd girl was asking him, loading the last chamber before sliding the gun into his sleeve.

At the parable, however, he stiffens and noticeably flinches. Not at the girl, but at a memory. His breath hitches for a second before he untenses, remembering where he is, and that the sound of breaking bone isn’t in the present. He stops reaching for his leg and brightens, ignoring the incident entirely.

“I’ve never been sure on that verse myself. Always felt a little conflicted about it. But message received!”

In his panic attack, he was too unfocused to fully complete the thought that would have confirmed his earlier suspicions of the girl. He did nod to the darkling, however.

“No, I am not a conjurer. I manipulate the lifesparks directly. Taking, straining, enhancing, overloading. As for the runes, I prefer to prepare in advance and rely on a more hands-on approach. I don’t know how others use the Flow, in truth. Symbols with meaning just made more sense to the holy scholars, I suppose. Truthfully, sometimes I think about tattooing runes directly onto my body but... nevermind. I just don’t like the idea.”

Last edited:
Alice Riverden - GG HQ
Alice moved her gaze to the woman with a pout, displeased at the obvious attempt to appear threatening like the priest had. "The name's Alice, which I would rather you refer to me by than.. Whatever "vormy" means, and I should recommend that you don't try to threaten anyone with a toothpick and save yourself the embarrassment, at least until you get a real weapon." her pout shifting to a haughty smile before letting out a soft, sonorous laugh.

"Aha~ Forgive me. No, I cannot conceal the claws, and I don't know much about any 'chill pills', although they sound rather refreshing. I take it you're Eva? I've read about you in the dossier and our skillsets seem to align to a degree, it'll be my pleasure working with you." she giggled to the darkling, the serpentine tail shifting around to form a small heart on the floor of the Maverick.

".. And as I've told the gentleman next to you, unless you're cleaning your weapon I would find that it's much easier to chat without our weapons drawn, forgive the hypocrisy." Alice said with a slight tilt of the head before returning her gaze to the priest and giving him a friendly smile as he took her advice.

Richard seemed a little baffled by the situation from what she could tell from his expression, but silence was silence and if he wasn't talking it meant he wasn't insulting anyone. Hopefully it was an appreciative silence rather than one of anger at having her speak for him, in a way.
Interactions: The Black Knight The Black Knight Churl Churl Space Buddha Space Buddha

1591581259694.png

Danú
As Danú made an attempt to distract herself from the chaos brewing in her mind she found herself proxy to the chaos brewing among her teammates. Being as distracted as she was up until this point, it was as if Danú had stubbled in mid-scene with no recollection of how the situation came to be despite being mere feet away from the source. The situation was, however, more than predictable, if not now something was bound to happen later in the mission. After all, a team must properly 'storm' before growing and becoming what could be considered a 'true team'. With that in mind, Danú decided to allow the situation to progress without interfering herself. It was good to let her team bump heads, so long as no one actually got hurt that is. Or rather, hurt by others if one were to take the priests actions into account.

Returning to the conversation at hand Danú offered Tenryuu a reassuring smile, she had concluded from his file that without a proper command the man would likely not act on his own regarding the current escalating situation. Her smile was her way of communicating he had no need to worry, and with her then moving to continue the conversation she was confident Tenryuu would understand her wishes. "Don't worry about coming across as awkward, feel free to speak as you see fit. Well, that's quite the complicated question. You see elves go through what is known as a Coalescence when they accumulate a significant amount of experience and knowledge. This Coalescence grant an elf tremendous power and elves can undergo Coalescence many times throughout their life. The limiting factor is the experience and knowledge being 'significant' in nature. My parents and the family head believe that a raw experience of love/romance could quite possibly be 'significant' and bring forth a Coalescence. And in order to cement that I was banned from reading such books as doing so would hinder how significant such a thing would be for me. Spoilers if you will. It may be nonsensical but it is....what it is... I suppose."

When Ava interjected Danú was somewhat confused by the term steamy but made no mention of it and simply continued on with the conversation "Do you read many books Ava, Tenryuu?​

Tenryuu placed a finger on his chin as Danú explained the reasoning as to why she could not read many romance novels. Things like experience, knowledge, age...She seemed to be explaining the process of parents making sure their children were old enough to go into a relationship. Or, the 'age of consent', as they say it. It seemed needless complicated from the looks of it, although given how he was able to shorten it, it's only complicated in introduction. "I suppose your parents must care about you, then." In an odd way, perhaps. He knew such things came naturally, and frankly, it just...It felt odd for someone to make someone not to learn about the concept of romance.

Regardless, given how old elves can likely age, he supposes its an age thing as well. How weird. "It sounds a bit like what some parents do to their children- not teaching them certain things until they're old enough."

His mouth opened again, and he was about to ask Danú if she was ever in love before, given the fact that even if it was considered taboo, it was practically impossible for someone to completely hole up such feelings from another person without the use of magic or the Seven Seals. But, he stopped. He knew it was a much more personal question, and his wish for knowledge on the matter could be mistaken for him being either...'Predatory', or insensitive.

Besides, she asked him a question he enjoyed answering much more.

"I have." He answered simply and cleanly. Although a hint of happiness was in his voice. "Books can tell me about how people work, as I said- their inner thoughts, their feelings, their stories, how they can act...It really helps. And besides, the stories always carry a message." With a proud nod, Tenryuu then reached to his pouch and pulled it forward, showing to the two women. Aside from things like throwing knives, bandages, protective gear for training, there were many books in other compartments of the pouch.

"Romance isn't really my favorite, I enjoy them all pretty well. If you feel the need to read one if you're stressed or have the need to do so for morale, you can ask me, I'll give you one if wish, leader."

A nod of duty, as he crossed his arms, and cleaned some stuff from his horns.

...It was odd, he was very clearly human, and his file even told him as such, as far as she was aware. Yet, he possessed antler-like horns that seemed to be like branches, almost. And they very clearly weren't fake. Fake horns don't come out of one's skin.

Celestial Speck Celestial Speck Kingly K Duel Kingly K Duel Uasal Uasal Twist Twist Noble Scion Noble Scion The Black Knight The Black Knight LostHaven LostHaven Reinhardt Reinhardt Churl Churl Gravitys Momentum Gravitys Momentum Space Buddha Space Buddha

Adam Hann

After a couple of minutes, the pilot used the onboard intercom and announced a scheduled take-off. At precisely 9:25, the Gyzyl Ganhor tenth squadron set into the air, with the expectation of reaching their goal after no longer than thirty minutes.

Satisfied with his customary attempt at conversation, Adam once again closed his eyes and receded into the depths of thought. He was primly aware their elven squad leader, Danú, probably knew an uncomfortable amount of information about him. As bothersome as it was for others to know, it was their commander's decision to grant her access to that information, and who was he to argue with someone who could burn away parts of a person's soul or cut them down with a vorpal sword?

Books, they mentioned, he noted. I should try reading more.

He couldn't help but be skeptical. Everyone around him was trying to socialize, when this operation was clearly an attempt at rooting out weakness. They were expected to come back, probably successful, just not intact. The late reinforcements were proof of that, as was their status.

Gyzyl Ganhor were called Zao's Slayers for a reason - an ironic sobriquet for Adam, more of a proud moniker for his elders. The ranks of the Gyzyl Ganhor didn't always include the elite, but they did always include people handpicked by Zao himself.

Now that he was dead, everyone in the aircraft was among the first or second generation of recruits that weren't recruited by the dead leader personally.

Weeding out weakness. Testing us, to see if we're good enough.

It'd explain the High Commander's attitude; not letting Annex go with them, despite Annex being good enough to probably handle this entire operation solo. Their support was six hours away because the higher-ups didn't want to give them support - made easier by the lack of reliable radio contact.

Adam smirked. Such underhanded tactics from humanity; nothing less but their civilization's very essence. Thievery, politics, and now even the murder of the unworthy.

He felt tempted to go out of his way and drop the pretense of being a human warrior, just so he could be of more value to the team. Ultimately, that decision was with their squad leader, but coming back with the entire team alive would certainly be an excellent way to spit in the High Commander's eye and kick him in the crotch while he was blinded.

"I'm not an avid reader," Adam said sedately, without opening his eyes, directed more at Tenryuu than anyone else, "Recommend something?"

OOC: Next update from me will be the last one on the Maverick, so begin wrapping up socialization.

Turning his attention towards the other man he saw earlier talking to Richard, Tenryuu was surprised more people were joining him in this discussion about books. He was...Well, frankly put, he was a bit nervous. Not anxious, or feeling awkward. Despite his way of talking and personality, Tenryuu wasn't an introvert. He talked to people if need be, he could interact with people- although most of his conversations involved straight answers and not simple things like one's hobbies or simply...Friendliness like this. He was raised to be a soldier and a warrior, not a diplomat. As such, it was a bit expected for him to be unsure if he could keep the overall flow going smoothly.

Thankfully, Adam's question was easy enough for him to answer. Although Tenryuu looked up momentarily, seemingly to think. "That depends on what you like." He didn't know anything about Adam, and books had different genres for a reason. For all he knew, he could like romance, action, fiction, biographies, or anything else. "I have a few books in my pouch. Action, adventure, story...I don't really know much about you, so I'll take a guess, but..."

He still remembered the other man's interaction with Richard. Calm, controlled, but not emotionless as Tenryuu. He was someone who was perhaps like Tenryuu, but with the ability to talk with people more easily. As such...

Tenryuu pulled out a relatively short book, likely less or slightly more than a hundred pages. The cover depicted a red dragon spewing what appeared to be blue flowers from its mouth, and in front of it, an old-school depiction of a human using old clothes similar to Adam's and Tenryuu's, although clearly older, from perhaps before the time Khao Zhan made the large technological advance all over the world. 'The Man of the Stars and the Boiling Dragon.'

"It's a book from my family. Old." Indeed, it didn't seem to be exactly a recent book. Likely one of those that told great epics, right? Those have the problem of language and prose being different than modern times but were generally easy to get into. "It tells the legend of a man with no destiny fighting against a dragon who wants to change his own. I occasionally read it...But it has a bit of everything. It's...Not the best, I suppose." He offered his opinion momentarily and quickly, thinking, before continuing. "But you could read it if you'd like. It's short, so you could likely read it through the entirety of the travel. You can...Tell me what you liked about it. I could give you other books based on what you liked."

If he liked the romance, a more romance focused book. If the action, a book about great battles. So on, so forth. But he has a feeling he forgot about--

...Oh, right.

"...My name is Tenryuu, by the way." A nod. People need his name, he almost forgot that.

Kalai spoke little as he was in the plane, his nervousness quite high. To face gods would mean certain destruction. To a mortal, it meant that it was nigh unachievable. But to Kalai, this was an opportunity. While he only had his martial arts and a basic protection at his back, he was ready for the first fight of his career.

His mind reflected all the gods out there currently; Zeus, Posiedon, Shiva, Odin...

Those were big shot names. Names of which he envied the powers of. Sighing, he cracks his knuckles as the young boy knew that his time would come. Dealing with small fish would come first, but even small fish can make big bites...

Eva nodded politely as Dylas and the Shoggoth spoke, but later just snarled at Alice, seeming especially revolted by that heart-tail.

Yeesh, forward much? The shoggoth has more class than this bitch.

She recomposes herself and just gives the Vormloss a polite nod, quickly taking the opportunity to reply to Danu so that she wouldn't have to keep her attention on Alice for any longer.

"It's Eva, and yeah, I mostly had to read non-fiction for my studies, Evokers spend a good amount of our training reading the works of previous mages, but I love to read other kinds of books just for fun, I've even tried writing a few myself!"

Eva took on a proud expression as she said that, and as the Maverick took off, she just sat there, bobbing her head to nonexistent music.

1591581259694.png

Danú
As the ship began to take off Danú found herself in a very awkward position, Tenryuu whom she had just been talking too had now opened up the conversation to one of the two people on the ship she was actively trying to forget about. Her luck was top class in that regard. With her complexion growing pale once again Danú tried her best to remain calm and collected, to reason with herself and try to further understand why exactly two Vormloss were in her team composition. There had to be a reason, the higher-ups clearly knew of this, if they weren't going to object then there had to be something Danú was missing.

Was it their strength? Recalling the files Danú knew both members were most certainly 'strong', definitely stronger than most of the others in her group for one. Surely strength alone wasn't the reason though. No there had to be more. Strategically speaking Alice was a diamond in the rough. The humanoid boasted spectacular abilities for guerrilla warfare as well as espionage and assassination. However, she was noted as having a 'god-complex' and also had been know to deviate from orders when something she 'wanted' was caught in her sights. Thinking on the subject the commander had asked her to remain behind after the briefing and from the looks of things had been assigned to bodyguard Richard during that time.

Removing herself from the conversation for a moment, Danú moved to grab the folder from her bag once again. Swiftly browsing through the files she returned to the classified section and once again read through it to ensure she hadn't missed anything. She hadn't. There was absolutely no skill that stuck out that would suggest Alice as a suitable bodyguard to be assigned to Richard's nor anyone else. It was clear Alice's true objective was something far more sinister in nature. And that ability to carry out missions of a sinister nature was most definitely the reason she at least was assigned to the squad.

But then what about Adam? His history had been redacted for the most part yet all the information Danú had available to her painted him as somewhat of a 'slow' individual. Granted a very dangerous individual with great latent skill. But a slow individual at that. Perhaps he was easy to manipulate and control. Perhaps he was seen as more of a weapon than he was a soldier. There was too little information to pass judgement this early on but none the less Danú was curious as to why his file was so heavily redacted compared to Alice's.

After taking the time to rationally think things through Danú had calmed herself and although the fact the two were Vormloss still weighed heavy on her mind, she had no right to treat them as anything less than comrades. Their skills would come in useful and frankly not using them in her plan would be a huge loss and a pitiful display of command. On that note, Danú would also have to try and delve deeper into Alice's alternate mission once boots were on the ground. She couldn't have both it and her final plan conflicting with one another after all.

Returning to the conversation after once again storing the files in her bag, Danú responded to Tenryuu, Eva and Adam.
"Danú or Fae is fine by me. I thank you for your kind words and if I ever find myself curious about romance I'll endeavour to borrow one of your books. Thank you." Taking a moment to gaze toward the cover of the book Tenryuu produced Danú found herself in a state of awe, her eyes twinkling with anticipation "The Man of the Stars and the Boiling Dragon". Practically on the edge of her seat, Danú's eyes remained fixated as if someone had dangled candy before a small child. " That's it right 'The Man of the Stars and the Boiling Dragon.', That's an ancient text and an exceptionally rare one at that! There must be less than three in existence! You must allow me time to read it once this mission comes to a close Tenryuu! You must!"

Eva's words brought Danú back to reason and she was quick to compose herself with a blush "Ahem, most of the books I've read have been those published by elven mages. I don't often read for pleasure, it's not really a practice for elves my age to do so. Instead, we practice dialectic for fun, have any of you ever partook in a match?"
Space Buddha Space Buddha Birdsie Birdsie Celestial Speck Celestial Speck Noble Scion Noble Scion

Last edited:

Yeesh, this elf looks like she's expecting someone to shank'er any minute, is everyone on this bird a paranoid nut?

Eva is snapped out of her internal monologue when she mentioned dialectic, whatever that is, as she'd never heard that term before.

The hell's that, some kinda card game?

"Can't say I've ever played, is it anything like the pen-and-paper games we have underground? Or is it one of those new 'video games' I've heard about, anything like that?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back