• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Kendall, Night of the Hunt (Werewolf hunting RP)

DoughGuy

I no longer dream
In the sky above Kendall the full moon rises, and the scent of fear is a pungent odour in the air. Every sensible man woman and child is locked behind a heavy door, barred and bolted from the inside. Each window is covered by an iron plate locked onto the frame. Inside each house no room is spared the same treatment, the occupants of the building separated from each other to ensure the greatest chance of survival. A lit lamp hangs above the entrance to every house, secured by a rope which runs through a small hole in the door frame. If the door is broken open the rope will snap and the lamp will smash onto the ground below. Its survival is linked to the lives of those who live within.

The lights of the city are dark, never lit by the caretakers of the street this day. The gutters are choked with rubbish untouched by the cleaners. Beggars and cripples do their best to hide in the nooks and crannies of the city, the more limber ones reaching rooftops and pressing themselves down flat on the tiles. In the upper estates carriages are haphazardly parked on the road, some blocking the way, others even overturned by the panic of the horses who drove them. The animals have lived through enough moons to know what the fear of their owners’ means. Now barricaded in their stables and covered by thick blankets they are calmed and may live.

It starts slowly. With every house turned into a fortress the sounds are muffled by metal and brick. Wood crunches as fists pound into it over and over again. Claws scrape on an iron handle as the locks finally give way and the beast emerges from its room. The smell of fear inside the house is strong, but the urge to be free is greater. Ignoring the sounds of weeping the beast lumbers through the house until it finds the door. Chains snap as they are torn open and the heavy wooden bar thumps to the floor. A smash sounds outside as the lamp falls to the ground. The doors swing open and allow the cursed one onto the streets. Anyone who hears the sounds of escape gives thanks it was not coming from within their own home.

From around a corner a pair emerge. Both wear thick grey cloaks to protect against the cold night air. One holds a long rifle which contains a glass sphere filled with crackling blue energy. The other holds a short snub nosed gun whose tip burns with a weak flame, connected to a tank on their back by a long tube. The cursed one turns towards them, annoyed by the lack of fear it smells. Then it recognises the weapons they hold and the clothes they were, it knows what they are out here for. Their confidence no longer annoys it, the beast is scared. It turns and runs. The hunters give chase. But the beast knows they are weak and blind in the dark. They will not last long on the streets of Kendall this night.

~***~

Kendall, Night of the Hunt is a RP which draws inspiration from Bloodborne and the Order 1886. In it you will get to play hunter wielding the cutting edge of werewolf hunting technology. This RP will have a unique twist based around the map. The events of the RP will take place in the city over the course of a single night. Every enemy, boss, friendly NPC and secret is on the map from the first post. As time passes in the RP everything which can will move around the map. You'll find yourself tracking beasts as they hunt around looking for prey and you'll find yourself coming face to face with enemies out of the blue as they in turn sneak up on you. Your goal will be to make the city safe by the time dawn arrives, from every threat you encounter.

Dam ex-brough count me the fuck in

I'm always a slut for supernatural history-specific hunter roleplays

If this is all one night, rough how long (real life time) do you expect this to last? Its a cool idea.

Ironrot said:
If this is all one night, rough how long (real life time) do you expect this to last? Its a cool idea.
It will last as long as it needs to for the plot to be finished. There maybe be some minor bending of reality to make the night last long enough. I'm not going to set any limits like X number of posts = 1 RP hour passing. Glad you like it :)

Oh, I didn't expect it, but I mean, would you expect this to run for, say, a month. Or a fairly long time like many RPs

Ironrot said:
Oh, I didn't expect it, but I mean, would you expect this to run for, say, a month. Or a fairly long time like many RPs
A fairly long time, at least a few months. There is more to the plot than you will see on the surface.

This sounds very interesting. I am currently in a Hunter (White Wolf) campaign, and I have really been enjoying the intrigue that goes along with protecting a mundane world from extraordinary enemies. Count me in, if you'll have me. This is my first post here, but I promise I have quite a bit of RP experience.

TerraBooma said:
Yah! Dough's only somewhat of a butt :P
Oi!

zooka said:
This sounds very interesting. I am currently in a Hunter (White Wolf) campaign, and I have really been enjoying the intrigue that goes along with protecting a mundane world from extraordinary enemies. Count me in, if you'll have me. This is my first post here, but I promise I have quite a bit of RP experience.
I will let you know if this starts!

Ohhhohohohoooo, ah ohhh yes. Good very good. You have my attention. The only thing that will.... 'scare' me off will be RNG via dice roll. That makes me want to puke my pants.

Good because I don't feel like puking. You also get bonus point for Djura as your avatar because he's a god damn boss.

Interesting ... I could be up for something like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back