• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Kaizoic: First Emergence

“Felt like taking a drive. Now I’m asking the questions.” He tossed away the part of his poncho that hid his gun belt.
“What are YOU doing out here? That cozy jail cell of yours is that way.” He gestured to his right.

" I told you, i was heading towards the city."
Vic responded.

"If i remember correctly i did ask you for some help but you refused, so here I am in the middle of all this by myself."

"As for my jail cell, what sane man willingly puts himself behind bars, and truth be told im not sure they'd give me the time of day considering they probably blame me for the slaughter of the guards and the work crew i was assigned with."

"No thank you Mr rebel compared to the things ive seen out here trapped in a cell is the last place i want to be."

Vic wasn't sure why he was so forthcoming with this stranger. Maybe it was because he was quick to anger, or straight to the point. Or more likely Vic thought to himself he was just happy to have someone to talk to after all this time alone. Solitary was not on Vics lists of good things. After that mouthful Vic crossed his arms and stared at Lance.

The man was still, but then took a step forward.
“I think that crew slaughter business is what caught my interest, boy.” He said darkly. “So you’re comin’ with me.”

Vic threw up his arms in exaggeration.

"Really! im getting kidnapped again?"

Vic hated the idea of being someones prisoner again. But considering he didn't want his teeth kicked in he decided to go with it. Besides something might just come along and eat him if he was lucky.

"Alright fine, so how we doing this rope, handcuffs, or are you gonna drug me?"

Vic asked in a mocking tone.

Lance eyed the fugitive as he passed by, and watched alert expectancy as Vic entered his truck.
When no act of resistance was made, he looked back at the buried Patrol transport and shook his head.

“Weird shit.” He said to himself before returning to his truck.

Inside, the radio was being played through an antique digital speaker, and the song was an old country one from before the Republic. ‘If Heaven Ain’t A Lot Like Dixie’

Vic caught himself tapping his foot to the music. If it wasn't for the fact that he was in the middle of a wastland with a man who could kill him as easily as a child Vic would probably feel like he was going on a road trip. The music they played in the bars where he was from was mostly pop or techno depending on the party. He laid back his head and tried to get comfy for yet another perilous journey.

Lance glanced at Vic’s foot.

“Stop doin’ that.” He said emotionlessly and shifted the truck into gear.

Vic decided that he wanted to indulge in some conversation to idle the time away.

"So what made you come back for me? I figure you would be long gone by now."

Lance began driving down the darkened highway, the space immediately in front of the truck lit by the dim headlights.

“You’re a wanted man, Mr. Stiles.” He said. “With everythin’ going on round here; last thing folk need is an escaped convict runnin’ around.

Only reason I didn’t whup your ass on sight is due to your honesty with that piece of shit truck thief.”

Vic took what Lance had said with a silence befitting a free man's last breath. Looking down into his hands Vic nearly whispered.

" I'm the least of anyone's worries Lance. Prison doesn't scare me. What scares me is why i had to escape in the first place."

Vics hands clenched as he remembered the carnage at the subway station, and then being tossed around like a rag doll while on the bus. The recollection made him almost shudder.

"HA" Vic barked with laughter.

"They died easier than the prisoners. At least I had the sense to run while they stood there and got eaten. Sorry to say that guns and demands don't really work against something that sees you as dessert. Poor bastards, all of them,prisoner and guard alike. Out of a whole bus I'm the only surviver,and by sheer luck at that. I'd take prison abuse any day over the shit i saw."

Last edited:
Lance made a neutral glance at the escapee.
“That’s quite the story. At what point am I meant to take your word?”

"Oh come now." Vic exclaimed.
"You just found me in a bus that was reaching for the sky. Do you honestly think scavvers could do something like that?"

Vic looked out the window as he continued.

"Haven't you noticed how empty it is out here? I don't meen peaple either, only someome stupid or unlucky like me would be out here in the dark. But i haven't seen or heard one coyote, no wolves or nothin. I haven't even seen the glow of any eyes out here. I have street smarts and when your usual danger like thugs disappear its only because something more dangerous is around. Think on those words before you go callin me a liar."

He glanced at Lance daring him to challenge his comments.

Lance didn’t respond. He only kept his eyes on the road.

“Be a while before I reach another stop. If you feel like sleepin’, this’ll be your best chance.”

Vic decided to take Lance up on his offer, sleep had not been something he had done recently. Crossing his arms ,and leaning back Vic closed his eyes. The days events played across his mind before his thoughts became muddled and clouded before giving away to nothingness. In the span of what only seemed like moments he surrendered to sleep.

Meanwhile, in New Atlanta . . .

Regional Republic Director Barnsley sat alone in his office overlooking the metropolitan cityscape of a Republic haven city center. Day to day duties had recently involved personnel transfers to sites across the North American frontier for surveying potential reconstruction. Many civilians supported Barnsley in the past election, (even if his victory had been predetermined by confidential supporters).
The most influential of whom had access to his private communication ‘Chat Pad’. The handheld device rang, and the Director swiftly answered.

“Yes, Mr. Draithe?” He answered with hopes there wasn’t another ‘favor’ to be done. Few in the general public knew of New Atlanta’s most powerful crime lord. Draithe had a tight grip on certain people in the city’s offices and dominated the black market rings.
This time, the infamous figure was demanding to know the current whereabouts of one of his recently arrested couriers; Victor Stiles.

“I . . . Think I read earlier this morning that he had been sentenced to reconstruction labor out in the Frontier, sir.” He explained with a tug on his shirt. “The operation had an unexplained occurrence, and both the Patrolmen and Stiles are missing along with two transports and every inmate taken to the site.”

Draithe’s response sent chills down the city Director’s spine.
“Yes, sir. No bodies were found, and his implant pulse beacon is faintly active, so he’s not dead.

I presume you want him back in custody?”
He asked, recalling Victor’s past attempted convictions while working under Mr. Draithe and his gang.

“I see, sir. You wish to see him yourself. The best I can do is raise his current bounty and contact a few professionals.”

Draithe’s answer calmed his nerves a bit, and his concern for his future faded back into a less anxiety roused state.

“Yes, sir. Right away, sir.” Barnsley concluded as his chief sponsor hung up, and the New Atlanta Director began making calls to secretive contacts for the soon-to-be-posted job.

“Wake up, Stiles.” Lance’s voice cut through Victor’s mind sharply; as did the cold metal of his pistol tapping against his cheek.
“It’s mornin’, and I’ll be needin’ you up and about, boy.” He grumbled as the driver’s side door squealed open

"Five more minutes pops" Vic said lazily. Opening one eye he gave Lance a lopsided grin.

"I swear it's beginning to feel like home, waking up to the feel of a gun to the face."

Sitting up in his seat Vic yawned stretching his back and legs as he did.

"So what's on today's agenda pops?"

Vic asked.

The world outside the truck was dark, and still seemingly night.

“Call me that again, and you lose teeth boy.” Lance growled and slammed the door.
Even in the darkness and dim light of the cloud shrouded moon, the dirt covered area looked somewhat familiar.

Vic got out of the truck.

"Are you always this angry or do i just annoy you in particular?"

Looking around Vic didn't notice much out of the usual. Dark, silent, and surrounded by empty land just the usual.

" So what are we doing out here?" Vic asked.

“Checking if your story checks out.” Lance answered and flipped on a flashlight on his belt.
The light shown across a partially ruined building, and a familiar horizon of delapitated structures beyond.

Upon seeing the surrounding area Vic has a strong sense of Deja Vu. He had strong suspicion of where he might be, but didn't want to accept it.

"Lance,where exactly are we?"

Vic asked with, for the first time, a deadly serious tone.

“What used to be Atlanta.” Lance answered. “Heard this was where they sent prisoners for clean up work.
So odds are this is where you busted out. If your story checks out, then I’ll see some evidence.” He holstered his pistol.
“If not, then I can start bein’ less polite.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back