• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Kaizoic: First Emergence

Vic was on guard now. Being back where this nightmare began was one of the worst things that couldv'e happened.

"You just dont give up do you? Alright fine do your damn investigating just be careful. Your politeness is the least of my fucking problem."

Vic wasn't usually this tactful but being back had put him on edge. He would help Lance find whatever he was looking for but Vic was all too aware of the possible danger.

“Glad to have your approval.” Lance smirked. “Now lead the way.” He gestured ahead. “You specified where you snagged that vehicle, so let’s go have a look.”

Vic was reluctant to go searching in the dark for clues, but not having a say on the matter was becoming very common. Lucky for Lance Vic had a decent memory and the landmarks hadn't changed much since his departure. Soon enough the spot where Vic commondeered the security bus came into view.

"It was right around this area."

Vic exclaimed as he stepped into the open space.

"This is where i made my getaway from this hellhole."

Lance removed a tiny colored pistol from his pocket and shot a flare into the night sky above them. Bright blue light sizzled from the ignited pellet and all around them was illuminated in vibrant, flickering blue.

No bodies were around, but the weapons of the guards lay all around near craters of dirt. Another transport was in the far distance. With only the sound of the flare burning, it was a somewhat grim sight.

Vic covered his eyes when the flare ignited. The sudden light hurt his eyes, but the pain abated quickly enough. He had a clear view of the area as the flare illuminated it. He saw the weapons of the guards and the craters they were by. Seeing them put Vic on edge, it brought back the memories of seeing guards and prisoners pulled under by....something.

“Odd.” Lance looked at the dirt-filled craters across the area. “Looks like landmine blasts but there’s no scorch marks or remains.”

Hearing what Lance said Vic answered.

" I wish it were something as simple as landmines. Those craters are where prisoners and guards were pulled under. What took them I have no idea but it all started near a subway tunnel near here. Had a cell mate I was working with the day of the incident, only thing that remained of him was a bloody hand."

Vic was anxious to leave this place. He didn't scare easily and he wasn't sensing any immediate danger. But being out in the open, under a bright blue light in unknown territory went against his instincts.

“Sounds like quite the campfire story.” Lance said, his tone unconvinced. “Let’s go find this haunted subway then.” He tapped Vic’s shoulder.
“Get along now.”

Vic just shrugged.

"You know, you’re starting to grow on me. You’re either the ballsiest man I know or the most stupid.” He made a shrug. “Luckily I seem to get along with most. Come along then,” The barely willing guide began a walk toward the rubble where the tunnel lay. “if shit hits the fan I'll get to see how hard you are or your face in surprise.”

Vic smiled at the thought of seeing Lance lose his composure this guy was a real son of a gun. Taking the path in stride Vic led the way to the abandoned subway tunnel entrance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lance followed with his poncho tossed to the side, and his hand palming the grip of his right side pistol.
The flare’s light faded, but the bounty hunter had a helmet mounted light ready.
Vic would walk with his own shadow in his direct path with his warden to his back.

Soon the duo reached the entrance of the tunnel. The opening was like a gaping hole into the abyss. Pitch black darkness so dense it seemed tangible. No air escaped from the tunnel giving it a stale ,solumn quality to add to the already overwhelming lack of light. The ground turned from dirt and sand to stone around the tunnel entrance.

Vic looked at lance and then back at the tunnel.

"Not gonna lie Lance, if there was ever a time where I would gladly turn the other way it would be now."

“Well as I akways say;
That’s too damn bad.” Lance said. “Keep walkin if your story’s true.
Otherwise, I got no time to waste on a liar.”

Vic took a deep and stepped forward into the darkness. As it swallowed him Lance followed close behind. The light coming from Lance Illuminated the ground surrounding Vic and a fingers length in front of him. His footsteps as light as they were still broke the silence of the cavern like a steady heartbeat as each foot thumped along the path. Vic knew it wouldn't be long until they reached where the excavation took place but the darkness and anxiety of the situation made it seem like forever until they would finally arrive.

Vic whispered to Lance.
"We will be there soon what's your plan of action once we reach our destination? The chamber is too large for your current light to show everything. And your flare will only work breifly stranding one of us in the dark we're it to go out while we are split up."

“I can see in the dark, boy.” He tapped his helmet’s visor. “I’ll be seein’ all I need to.”

Stone and pebble crunched beneath their boots as they moved through the tunnels. Lance seemed to remain cautious, but steady around Vic.

The bounty hunter drew his pistol.
“Stop there.” He ordered and yanked Vic to a standstill, leaving the two side by side.
He adjusted his headlamp, most likely for Vic’s sake, and the light shown brighter like a car’s headlight over a bloodstained ballcap.
“That yours?”

Vic recognized the hat.

"No" He said. " It belonged to my old cellmate Roland. He was a grouch but he was decent for a cellmate. Can't say he deserved dying down here."

Vic picked up the bloody hat and folded it into his pocket. If ever he found anyone who knew Old Roland he would give them the hat. Vic figured it was the least he could do for the guy.

Looking at Lance he asked.

'What exactly are we looking for being here. Being in this dark place is bad enough without being in the dark with your plans."

Vic couldn't help but slightly smile at the pun he managed to sneak in there.

“Not really sure if I’m honest.” Lance shrugged. “But at least you don’t smell as much like bullshit as I first figured.”
He looked at the spots on the wall that looked like they had burst from the interior itself.
“Somethin’ ain’t right here.
I’m still turnin’ you in . . . But now I’ll be tellin’ them Republic boys to look into this.”

The old soldier paused and looked outside. “In fact . . . We should’ve seen some when we came in . . .”

Vic may not have caught on to the full meaning behind Lance's remark but he was right.

" I don't know about seeing any republic officers on the way inside. But this place should have definitely been on lockdown. You would think a crime scene that involved a whole company of cops and a bus load of inmates dying would be bustling with investigators.

And if not here we would have at least seen patrols out on the roads. I'm not keen on getting turned in Lance on account of I'd probably get a heap of murder charges on myself and never see the light of day again. But how silent the area from the pit stop to here is unsettling to say the least."

“Hmm . . .” Lance nodded. “We’ll see about that when it comes around.

We’re headed back. Place don’t feel right.”

Vic turned around to make his way back. The path they had taken inside was hard packed and flat so going back was not an issue. For some reason Vic felt anxious about how things we're turning out. He didn't know how to get this Lance character to trust him enough to let him just walk away. Though at the same time he wanted Lance to stick around, having someone who wasn't going to shoot him in the back was a good partner to have in the wasteland. He desperatly needed a safe way to make it to a city and get his life back on track.

But first things first Vic needed to get out of this cave safely and his instincts were telling him to be cautious. Turning to Lance he said.

"Hey turn your light off a good distance before the entrance and go slow. We were in here for a minute and scavengers or something else could be out there waiting for us. If we spot anything use your flare to blind them while we head for cover and go from there."

Lance scowled and patted his gun.
“That’s good advice, boy. When I give a good goddamn what you think I’ll goddamn ask you, how bout that?

The entrance was nearly reached, and the bounty hunter had not changed anything about their walk.

Vic just shrugged and kept his eyes peeled for the slightest hint of danger.
If Lance wanted to play tough guy know it all that was fine by him. The lights on his helmet would be targets if there were guns pointed at them. Being in the shadow of those lights would help Vic avoid danger should there be any. Keeping up with Lance, Vic kept walking as the entrance neared.

Once they reached the clearing, only darkness greeted them.
Still, there were seemingly more silhouettes of buildings than before. Unless . . .

Once Lance caught up to him, there was a flash of light as spotlights were aimed at them. Two of them mounted atop armored vehicles bearing UGR insignias.
Men wearing armor stepped out of the vehicles with weapons in hand.

“On the ground, with hands over your head.
Both of you!” A voice through a speaker ordered.

Lance stepped forward.
“It’s alright, fellas.” He pulled away a flap pf poncho to reveal a plastic tag with a metal frame. “I’m a licensed UGR bounty collector. This man-“

“On. The ground. Last warning.” The voice cut him off.

“Well shit.” Lance grumbled, and stumbled to get on his knees.
It was then it could be assumed he was still a bit drunk.

Vic looked at Lance with a sense of silent resignation. He didn't even bother telling him I told you so or any sarcastic remark. Putting his hands on his head and getting on his knees Vic knew it was downhill from here. Being a key witness to what happened here would only get him so far. If he wasn't blamed for the murders, he would still get life in prison. If he was blamed, he would probably be executed. Then there was the chance they could believe everything he said and kill him to cover it all up. Vic's predicament was not looking good. Looking back at Lance he could only shake his head as he noticed him staggering. Had he really been drunk this entire time he thought to himself.

Last edited:
Armored men approached, and clearly Republic soldiers.

“Victor Stiles.” One announced. “You are under arrest for murder of Republic civilians and resisting rehabilitation.”
Two of the troops shoved Vic to the ground and began binding his hands in cuffs.

“Look,” Lance sighed. “if you could just take a peek in that there-“

A fourth trooper knocked him in the jaw with the butt of a rifle.

Vic tried to keep his body relaxed as the soldiers arrested him. Judging by how they jerked his arms and shoved him to the ground they wanted Vic to resist. The slightest provocation would give these meatheads all the the excuse they need to wallop on him. Watching Lance's ever annoying mug get the shit knocked out of him for just speaking proved his point. Only moving his head enough to where he wasn't eating dirt, he let the soldiers finish up without too much hassle. Once they were done they stood Vic up and waited while they finished apprehending Lance. A constant beam of light was pointed directly in Vics face keeping him from seeing much other than his immediate peripherals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back