Tutorial just trying to get 250 posts tbh

I've found that it's not too hard to get a ton of posts if you do lots of RPs, although if you're in a super-detailed one, I could see how that would take forever.

A lot of mine are in PMs as well as rather detailed.  The struggle is real.  The struggle bus has arrived, and I am just on it right now.

The trick to working a realistic/modern role play is to have intricate characters. It's a lot of work but can be super rewarding. 

You could always get involved in other hosted RP projects like Fantasy Highschool. A lot of people post short and quick. That would help you get some post counts in while getting involved in another RP.

Do you guys ever run into times where it's hard to think of stuff to write to make a post long enough? Do you just have to take an RP break, or do you try to think of busy work for your character to do?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you guys ever run into times where it's hard to think of enough to make a post long enough? Do you just have to take an RP break, or do you try to think of busy work for your character to do?

Depends on why you're making a post long.

Creativity has its limits. I write multi-paragraph RP most of the time.. The trick is to put yourself in that world and detail what is around the character, what they'd be interacting with, and narration. Narration is massive and will really help not only with post size but also with helping your partner understand what you're trying to portray. It's like a gentle way of saying, "This is what I mean," while still staying in character. 

However, sometimes you just need to take a break and come back to it after you've distracted yourself for a few. I get tired on occasion. Lol.

Creativity has its limits. I write multi-paragraph RP most of the time.. The trick is to put yourself in that world and detail what is around the character, what they'd be interacting with, and narration. Narration is massive and will really help not only with post size but also with helping your partner understand what you're trying to portray. It's like a gentle way of saying, "This is what I mean," while still staying in character. 

However, sometimes you just need to take a break and come back to it after you've distracted yourself for a few. I get tired on occasion. Lol.

That helps a lot. Thanks.

I'm not even sure what kind of RP I want to make yet, I just know I want to make one, haha. I've been craving a post-apoc magical girl setting lately...

Yeah but while that is true, sometimes there is just an established atmosphere and environment where everyone already has a general idea of the scene. Sometimes its necessary to make a paragraph or more to create a scene, but other times you just get stuck trying to fit the post requirement by making up useless fluff when all that's necessary is a line or so of dialogue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man I understand the struggle, all my posts are in pms for the most part, I have one that's 90 posts and going but it won't ever count.

I don't understand why there is even a counter for how many posts you have posted

I personally think it is a stupid idea

I don't understand why there is even a counter for how many posts you have posted

I personally think it is a stupid idea

There's a counter because stats are cool. And the post requirement is to weed out bots and make sure that experienced roleplayers are the ones running the Project.

On 11/13/2016 at 11:49 AM, spookie spook said:

good luck with your post count and future roleplay.

i doubt anyone cares, but i'm also working on outlining a roleplay, so i can post it as soon as i get to 250. mine is a dark, post-apocalyptic setting with sci-fi elements, though. 

i honestly don't know how to rp something truly realistic, hah. i'd get stuck without powers or monsters to fight.

Been a while since I've done a powers RP,

I can't say I've ever done one that wasn't multiverses either, awkwardly. Anyways i need to crack my knuckles in one soon.

About six posts left. Gahhhhh. I still only have my rp half planned. *Face palm*

@Tommy M my evening is going well. 

I enjoy criminal minds, code black, the magicians, and most anime

I find post counts interesting, and enjoy checking peoples profiles just to see how insanely much they post. 

(I've found people up in the thousands. I was shocked.)

I'm on the same boat. I'm internally dying and screaming since the requirement is such a pain to start a rp you really want to work on. Ughhh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back