Tutorial just trying to get 250 posts tbh

Me too... nearly there. Then I can start an RP where the IC, OOC and Character Application sub-sections are all in the same place. O, for sensible ease of access.

Hello jills! How are you?

I'm great! I have some awesome RP ideas but I can't execute them because I want to use hosted projects ;-; How are you?

Me too... nearly there. Then I can start an RP where the IC, OOC and Character Application sub-sections are all in the same place. O, for sensible ease of access.

Exactly!

I'm actually shooting for 500 so I can have that HTML!

I will probably work towards that after I get 250. In my opinion the posts requirements are a little extreme. My sister said they never had to wait for BBCode.

Last edited by a moderator:
nope there were no post limits for bbcode when i joined... that was a while ago however, can't say about more recent rules. 

I'm great! I have some awesome RP ideas but I can't execute them because I want to use hosted projects ;-; How are you?

I'm doing swell! I don't know why they started having post count requirements. Maybe they just want to reward the dedicated members

I'm doing swell! I don't know why they started having post count requirements. Maybe they just want to reward the dedicated members

Maybe they're also afraid that people will clog up the forum or something. I don't know.

What kind of hosted RP are you thinking of making when you get to 250?

good luck with your post count and future roleplay.

i doubt anyone cares, but i'm also working on outlining a roleplay, so i can post it as soon as i get to 250. mine is a dark, post-apocalyptic setting with sci-fi elements, though. 

i honestly don't know how to rp something truly realistic, hah. i'd get stuck without powers or monsters to fight.

good luck with your post count and future roleplay.

i doubt anyone cares, but i'm also working on outlining a roleplay, so i can post it as soon as i get to 250. mine is a dark, post-apocalyptic setting with sci-fi elements, though. 

i honestly don't know how to rp something truly realistic, hah. i'd get stuck without powers or monsters to fight.

Same. My realistic or modern will most likely have some sort of power element to it.

It kind of sucks that PM roleplays don't count towards post count, because I'd be nearing a thousand at this point. Urgh. I understand the logic behind it, but it still seems kind of unfair. 

Same. My realistic or modern will most likely have some sort of power element to it.

sounds really cool.

purely realistic roleplays sound impossible. i fail so epically at my real life, i don't want to fail at roleplaying real life too ;-;

The rules are there to prevent scammers from making like 20 hosted projects all being just scams and troll things. Same with the HTML as using HTML on here can break the site and mess with its format.

The belief is that if people stick around long enough to get the post requirements, then they probably aren't trolls/scammers.

The rules are there to prevent scammers from making like 20 hosted projects all being just scams and troll things. Same with the HTML as using HTML on here can break the site and mess with its format.

The belief is that if people stick around long enough to get the post requirements, then they probably aren't trolls/scammers.

i know that, and i totally get it. i was a part of a roleplay site that was infested with trolls and spammers, and believe me, it sucked. i'm pretty sure that's what killed it, actually. 

so yeah, it's a little frustrating as i have a lot of ideas i'd like to share, but it's better than the alternatives by a long shot. i'll have enough posts in a few days anyway, and then i can really start to enjoy the site...

Well, I wish you all the best of luck. 

i'll have enough posts in a few days anyway, and then i can really start to enjoy the site...

I kind of think of this as an opportunity for myself to get better at roleplaying and interacting with the people on this site before I have to deal with the headaches (and joys) that come along with leading a group activity. Maybe it's a silly rule, but I feel that 250 posts is just about right to be able to stick your toe in and determine whether the water is fine or not, you know?

Well, I wish you all the best of luck. 

I kind of think of this as an opportunity for myself to get better at roleplaying and interacting with the people on this site before I have to deal with the headaches (and joys) that come along with leading a group activity. Maybe it's a silly rule, but I feel that 250 posts is just about right to be able to stick your toe in and determine whether the water is fine or not, you know?

I suppose so. i know enough about roleplaying as i've been doing it offsite for years (and running my own group roleplays), but i have learned the community's ways and made a few friends as well. i haven't actually started roleplaying here yet, but i'm sure I will soon. 

I'm jumping in too, since I also need more posts. (Very extremely badly lol)

I'm actually shooting for 500 so I can have that HTML!

I'm also trying to get 500 posts for the HTML. (Honestly, I think it kinda sucks we have to have that many posts just to use the HTML... But I understand why it's necessary, I guess.) I just feel like it'll be a good year before I can use the Html, and make forms that aren't spit ugly lol.)

Anyways, what sites did any of you used to use before this one? (Or ones that you 'also' use.)

Anyways, what sites did any of you used to use before this one? (Or ones that you 'also' use.)

For a good chunk of years, I used a site that was an offshoot of this other one called inkpop (idk if anyone's heard of it, but inkpop was a site for teens/YA writers to connect and share their work). Said offshoot was a place for people to RP general stuff as well as characters from their books and stories. It's pretty dead now but my friends and I still use it sometimes (we're all admins, lol).

And then there's this site called Figment where a different group of friends (though there's some overlap) and I have been doing a script-style RP (mostly with our book characters) for...almost five years now. It's just one big continuous thread. Figment is terrible though, don't go there, haha.

I also have my own RP site I've been working on with both groups of friends. Unlike RPN, it's for one specific setting. There's a tabletop-style system for it as well that we've been developing for a while, but we're still ironing it out.

I honestly don't get the 500 posts thing for HTML.  I can see hosted projects, but coding?  

Can anyone shed light on this?

I honestly don't get the 500 posts thing for HTML.  I can see hosted projects, but coding?  

Can anyone shed light on this?

If you give users access to HTML, they can do site-breaking things and create malicious code. The 500-post requirement is to ensure that only trusted members have access to it. This way, you'd have to be playing a pretty long game if you wanted to do anything harmful.

If you give users access to HTML, they can do site-breaking things and create malicious code. The 500-post requirement is to ensure that only trusted members have access to it. This way, you'd have to be playing a pretty long game if you wanted to do anything harmful.

I'm all about that long game.

But fine.  I mean, honestly, I just want to make pretty posts.  I don't think I am capable of breaking anything.  But in the 10 years it's going to take to get to 500 posts, I could probably learn.  

DID THEY THINK OF THAT?

I've found that it's not too hard to get a ton of posts if you do lots of RPs, although if you're in a super-detailed one, I could see how that would take forever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back