• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Juncture [Intense Powers Quest Log]

duegxybus

Ten Thousand Club

Juncture By: D duegxybus & Lappi Lappi

The last of the boxes moved in exactly three months ago.

Papers, files, and important personal things that belonged to a private investigator were still stacked neatly in the corner. It was in the same state as it was three months ago. The only signs of anyone living here was a half-eaten pineapple jelly sandwich sittinwg under an extraordinarily powerful desk lamp, and a completely untouched bed in the next room.

“Yes, I’ll start on unpacking the boxes already!” A young man of around five-foot-ten, short light brown hair, and a lean frame shouted as he pushed open the door to the apartment, stumbling over to the table and spilling several loose packages from his arms onto a bare dining table. “Okay, okay. Bye Anessa.”

He walked over to his desk and took one whiff of the sandwich. Still good.

Clack.

The man whirled around to see a fat, sealed yellow folder drop through the mail slot. Picking up the letter, he began scanning it up and down.

For The Detective

The envelope didn’t state his name. Just his job description. He flicked it open and pulled out the first sheet of paper. A letter, written in Courier New.

Owen hated the font. Seemed too professional.

To: Owen Harding, P.I.

This is an anonymous tip, and an urgent one at that. I’ve heard of your work, and recognize that you’re more than capable of breaking into places like this. But I’m concerned about a different thing, one that might pose to be a bit of a challenge.

A young girl from Dranfort Academy is being held prisoner. She’s not in the best place, and her parents are worried sick. Retrieve her, please, so the authorities can deal with the gang with no consequences. I still don’t understand how you do it alone without demihuman powers. If I’d not known any better, I could’ve mistaken you for a government Age.

Well, that’s all there is to say Mr. Harding. Good luck, and act quickly before they prepare against you.

Signed, The Tip.

“Right.” Owen whispered to himself. “No powers. It’s not like you can see them anyway. But I can see everyth-”

The door swung open as a woman burst in, rolled onto the ground, and wheezed. Was she suffocating? No. She was laughing hysterically. “You won’t believe what just happened! I got hit by an Uber! His bumper fell off!”

“But I can definitely see my fucking roommate’s.” Owen continued, unaware that he was thinking out loud.

“Excuse me?” The woman stood up and pushed her reddish-brown hair out of her face. “See my what?”

“Your belly button, Ness.” Owen sighed. Switching topics he gestured to the yellow folder in his hand. “This came in the mail just a few hours ago.”

He handed the letter to Anessa. Within seconds, she glanced over the whole thing and handed it back to the Private Eye. Anessa raised an eyebrow. “And?”

“Does 200 bucks say you’re going to help me? You and your, ahem, ‘geometric back m-’”

“Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Stop quoting Cockney! Make it 300, just for that statement!”

Owen smiled as he pulled a roll of 20s. He counted 300, and handed the stack to Anessa. “Deal. Let’s retrieve a schoolgirl and, as you cool kids say, ‘fuck up some gang shit dawg.’”

“And as you old geezers say, ‘Get off my lawn ya lil whippersnappers!’” Anessa chuckled and disappeared into the bedroom to stash the money under the one bed.

“Come on, I’m only two years older than you. Besides, we can’t afford a lawn. Now, don’t keep me waiting. Get in the car. We’re going now.” Owen tossed on his jacket, grabbed his Glock, and opened the door into the night.

This is a quest RP about superpowered "demihumans" in a that it is written by D duegxybus & co-written by Lappi Lappi . Players will be voting on the choices of Owen Harding, though it will also play out like a story in the sense that it can focus on other characters that will be important to the plot as well.

It has a few triggers that may come up during the course of the story, such as...

• [!] Possible, but realistic character deaths
  • [!] Intense drama
  • [!] Mature themes (smoking, drug use, abuse, etc)
  • [!] Criminal depictions (Murder, robbery, arson, etc)
  • [!] Graphic mental disorder depictions

If you’re interested then please tell us below! If we garner enough support the first post will be coming out June 27th and will be updated every 5 days. Thanks for reading!

Idea Idea
Noivian Noivian
The Regal Rper The Regal Rper
B BlueClover
Miniapollo17 Miniapollo17
The Omen of Death The Omen of Death
Damafaud Damafaud
Prayforthewickedeveryday Prayforthewickedeveryday

You guys! All of your love, affection, and collective support for the RP made us release it today! Yay! Thanks a lot for joining! Lappi Lappi and I can't wait for this!

Juncture

Juncture - Voting / OOC / Discussion

duoklhxuqao_n8c-jpg.434199

Users who are viewing this thread

Back