• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Jumpers | Time travel, alternate history and dimensions, absurd plot lines and a mission to save the universe.

Jet

Uncultured
Edit - Character thread is up, main thread will be up soon and will be listed here as well.

Thanks for stopping by! To keep things short (time is valuable, the end is nigh) I'll skip yee old "in the beginning I was born" routine and cut to the chase. Welcome to Jumpers, an absurdist action/adventure by your boy. But first!

Always have a towel, you'll need it.
tenor-4.gif

So what is Jumpers? From the top it's 2082 and time travel is fresh out the lab. With a safe three day range it's great for making subtle changes to the world. By warning the past we can prevent terrorist attacks, evacuate before natural disasters and catch killers pre-emptively! Wins a win but someone's been a mong with it, zero intelligence despite a high IQ. A scientist named Jerry - fucking Jerry man... Guy took a Traveler device and our only charge pack, had a history hard-on and now he's living there. Who knows when he went but he's having a ball isn't he? A grand old vacation!

At least someone is enjoying themselves! As for the rest of us? Well we're in deep shit because that safe travel time.... three days was it? Well he exceeded that by a few million. A huge mistake that fluxes the verse, making everything unstable! Our bandwidth shifts erratic because of it and we're skipping like a record. Clashing with other universes we mix-match time-lines and reality falters. If this isn't fixed then Poof! U-98.7 -- the home-verse will collapse and dissappear forever.

This is where the Jumpers come in. A group of poorly selected individuals chosen for a rare mutation they happen to have. Don't worry you won't have three arms, it does literally nothing other than allow deep jumps without instant death. So no we're not the best, not some elite squadron of Navy Seals but we aren't complete idiots either. We're the best of a small pool with (sometimes questionable) qualifications and a shared mutation.... trust me dog, we can do it! But what is "it"? What's the task?

Well glad I asked! We'll be following anomaly centers through the jumbled time-line. Jumping back we'll find the closest anomaly core, from that we get the location of the next closest core. We also charge the Traveler off the anomaly's energy so we can jump to the present for re-armorment and debrief. Each successful scan we do gives us a breadcrumb, follow those and we find the original anomaly which is (you guessed it) Fucking Jerry man...

If successful we'll find Jerry whenever he is and intercept him as he arrives in the past. Capture him there, bring him home and our frequency will stop fluctuating. Ergo we save the universe in time for dinner. Easy right?

Well in theory it is but there are um...... complications. The cores show us when the next anomaly exists, but not the exact where. Our gear can sorta-kinda calc location but it's not precise. What it gives is a vague area about the size of Los Angeles. It sucks but that's the best we can do, to find cores you'll have to be resourceful, own a thick towel, use field instruments to track energy spikes and drive stick shift with a tolerance for violence on the side.

tenor-5.gif

Oh also, style wise this is American comic aesthetic. That said I'll allow realistic anime FCs and realistic-ish drawings too. Case by case but I want to be inclusive, no need to be stingy.

And thankyou if you're still with me! The tablesetting's done so here's some (hopefully) cool/unique features, I'll keep it short.
  • Alternate verses vary from slight to completely different than ours. "Impossible" things in our world may be real in alts. History will always be different and as a rule things will get insane. Options are endless and I'm gonna push that in my absurdist, not self serious way.
  • But I'm not the only one cooking in the mad science coat. I'll be giving creative control to active players. This is optional for you guys but it works perfect. Each episode has a seperate verse colliding with ours, it's not a single continuity to maintain. That means you can run an arch if you have an idea. In this scenario I'll serve as CO-GM controlling NPCs and overseeing the pace. While I do that you'd handle creative vision of the era we visit and big things like "primary antagonist".
  • Our characters will need era-appropriate gear for each time period (or what they think will be appropriate 🤔). To avoid undue attention we'll be getting new equipment every episode and it'll have James Bond enhancements. In Era 1 you may get bulletproof business suits but in 2 you've got swords that land with extra power (peasents running in fear of the superstrong knight 😂). What you choose for each period is up to you so long as it's not broken/OP.
  • 2082.... So enhancements, language barrier is covered because implants translate written and spoken words. There will also be physical/sensory buffs that you can pick from as well, I'll have a list. This isn't a super-power RP but you'll get some boosts, no flying and flipping cars. These are specializations giving unique edges and advantages.
  • There will be two teams, each can have two PCs from each player for a limit of four total. We'll start with one team but that'll expand. Characters can be switched between teams whenever the plot allows. They'll be on seperate missions so that's not something you can always do but we'll have mission breaks where you can swap around or write in new OCs.
  • Temporary PCs in the eras we visit. Want to write "Morg" the ignorant drunk from 1200 AD in demon infested London? Sounds good! I'll be allowing temp PCs for each era we visit. They'll be called the "Local Yokels"
And one last thing, I think it's important to stress that alt-timelines will be extremely different than expected history. I don't want to spoil because half the fun is in surprise but it's not like "Oh in this past the British beat the French how intriguing!" it's Indiana Jones + Dr. Who + any insane shit you can think of. Nothing is off the table.

Last edited:
I want this. I want this so badly; this sounds amazing. I was thinking... maybe a washed-out cop, or a college professor with a specialization in something (almost) completely useless for time-travel? Or maybe straight-up even a history professor, but... well... yeah, that's not going to be super useful in alt-timelines, lol

Everything the guy above me just said, imagine I said it too. Including the history professor thing. I'd so do that. If not, then either a convict or regular ole' office worker.

This just sounds fucking amazing my man.

I want this. I want this so badly; this sounds amazing. I was thinking... maybe a washed-out cop, or a college professor with a specialization in something (almost) completely useless for time-travel? Or maybe straight-up even a history professor, but... well... yeah, that's not going to be super useful in alt-timelines, lol

Useful sometimes I'd say but equally lost and incredulous at what the hells' happening at other times 😂. I appreciate all the positivity about the RP, I'm gonna give this a real honest shot if we can get a group together.

About characters, pretty much any type can work. Lazy as it is, I invoked "mutation clause" to have characters outside the "Best of the best of the best" archetype these RPs usually demand, so go crazy.

That said the best of the best characters are still allowed ofc, just not required.

Last edited:
Everything the guy above me just said, imagine I said it too. Including the history professor thing. I'd so do that. If not, then either a convict or regular ole' office worker.

This just sounds fucking amazing my man.

Ayyyyy let's go! Thankyou!

Just about anything would work from elite special forces to a dude with an accounting degree. Not many people can make these jumps, most die when disconnected from their reality so the selection pool isn't very large, being only those with this rare mutation that protects them. The people running the show can't be picky for the best fits because of that, so almost any character can be realistically included.

Last edited:
To be honest this idea seems very interesting. I love the concept of time travel and alternate timelines. I really want to see just how crazy the alternate timelines can get. I'll all in for that sort of stuff!

So how many characters can I start with? I mean of course the members of the teams that travel for these missions. I tend to thrive whenever I can have a good sized cast of characters myself. I really love this concept, and I think it'll be a lot of fun!

Also are faceclaims obligatory? Because I generally prefer to provide textual descriptions instead.

g r i m g r i m Thankyou! Happy to have you on board & if you have any questions let me know.

Redfork2000 Redfork2000 I promise to go completely insane. What's the fun in "endless possibilities" if you stick to the mundane? I have several eras planned already and they're all out there. Cast size is capped at four per player, there will be two teams and you can have two characters on each team. We will start with one team & two characters per but after an arch I'll expand it (don't want to flood the RP with two plot lines off the break). Characters can be swapped between teams during mission breaks as well, so every character can interact with every character. You can also have temporary PCs in each era we visit, as natives working with us (or maybe against us?). Calling those people the Local Yokels lol.

For FC Im cool with description but please make it very detailed. Optional suggestion here, maybe have a comparison to a well known character? You don't need to do that but I like having a good image for characters. Im not a stingy weirdo though, so if you want to stick to no comparison description then that's fine.

Last edited:
This is looking good so far! We have six people including myself and once we get to maybe (random arbitrary number) 8, I'll start setting up threads & a server for everyone.

Super interested! I'm thinking, small time actor with grandiose desires. What better for a time-hopping adventure than someone who (according to them) can fit in anywhere?

Super interested! I'm thinking, small time actor with grandiose desires. What better for a time-hopping adventure than someone who (according to them) can fit in anywhere?

Honestly..... That's a very good fit despite how insane it sounds at first. Talk about the perfect person to go undercover in any environment. I can see a lot of utility in an actor's skillset.

& to everyone as a whole I'm starting to build. Server is going up and lore/machanics is getting filled out. Also just a heads up, IC the position is well paid. If your character isn't the "save the world type" they'll be well compensated so there's motivation for ya.

Starting location is London, characters can come from any region but the mission assembles there. The coalition (NATO + Russia, China and a few others) have canvassed the populace for those eligible, flying interested people to be screened and (possibly) hired. If you have any questions about this character sourcing stuff you can shoot me a DM.

In that vein I'll have info on the world in the server so you can cross-check OCs with history & world setup. It'll be truncated, I don't do long winded lore unless you ask for specific breakdowns.

Last edited:
Giving this one more bump, going to be starting soon. If anyone else is interested give me a heads up and I'll add you to the message group I just started. The RP will remain open indefinitely (unless our group gets huge and then I'll close it) so if anyone comes late you're still welcome to the party.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back