• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Joined OOC Chat

Im obsessed with a book called House of Salt and Sorrows and by god are the plot twists amazing- The way the religion of the book plays into it is everything.

I also like a book called the Assassins Game and the plot twists are also amazing in there

DONT GET ME STARTED ON THE QUEENS RISING-

House of Leaves... I-I guess you could say it has plot twists? The book is hard to follow at times and feels more like an insane puzzle then it does an actual book at times. There's a coherent story in there, but the narrarator is unreliable and is a self-admitted liar.

Short summary, the main character is a tatoo artist who gets a bunch of transcripts from his dead elderly neighbor, where the neighbor appearently tried to do an editorial documentary on a book called "House of Leaves", only House of Leaves doesn't actually exist, the book. It never existed, and the elderly man's editorial pieces involve interviewing and quoting actors opinions about the book, who when looked into have never been approached about the book.

The book itself, House of Leaves, this book, within a transcript, within an editorial, within a book, is about a family moving in to a house which is too big on the inside, bigger then it is on the outside. You can go down a hallway that should go through the yard, but it doesn't. This creates this, insane labyrinth that causes madness, death and endless problems for the family.

So you're trying to follow this narrative:

First, you're reading House of Leaves, the book itself.

Then there's the dead neighbors editorial footnotes that you read ontop of that that give another perspective.

Then the Main Character's editorial footnotes ONTOP OF THAT, often referencing the old man's footnotes and devolving into insanity.

There's points in the book where you have multiple pages of nothing but footnotes, rambling about things that have nothing to do with House of Leaves.

Oh, and did I mention the Main Character starts losing their mind? And the pages start looking like this:

1613498761662.png 1613498785808.png

But it all makes sense when you put it together.

Have yall read this book? Part of it is in German but it deals with so much shit its so cool-
1613499010926.png

Ill be fine. Im allowed to read things like that- My parents dont mind as long as I dont act on it

AND THAT'S WHY I WANT TO READ IT, ZEF. (I've always loved novels where clever graphic design is involved. Hence, my love for the Illuminae series. The feeling when you start piecing together, one chat log, one poster, one encrypted email at a time, what the hell happened on the Copernicus is bliss.

1613499007658.png1613499033929.png

OH, AND I HATE THE DIVERGENT SERIES BEYOND IMAGINATION.

MAN THATS FUCKED UP- HOW CAN YOU HATE IT?

I hate the Twilight series so I guess it makes sense-

I HATE IT, SO, SO MUCH.

This sums up everything pretty well:
Oh, and the worldbuilding is nonsensical as well, though I'm not going to type out all my criticisms right now.

I like the Hunger Games as well! Katniss is rad, and I've always really liked the message. (The romance was uh... questionable? I hated how Gale became so evil in the second book, but looking back, it totally made sense.)

I like the Hunger Games as well! Katniss is rad, and I've always really liked the message. (The romance was uh... questionable? I hated how Gale became so evil in the second book, but looking back, it totally made sense.)
BRO WHAT, WHY- gale stayed good in the movies though, whyyyyyyyy,

Yea it does make sense now.
Also here sums Wintersong pretty well well not really but its a quote from the book.
1613499498860.png

I can read gore just fine, but the moment it's visualized, I immediately have the urge to flee.

And yep, it is! Did you come from NAS or CCFA?

I thought no more people were aloud in though cause it was full? I might be wrong though

bro why are you guys so freaking nice, I feel so welcomed here 😳 , Im used to the rpers that are like "ugh a new rper? 🙄 "

oop- We are a very accepting community/ family. Though we do get crazy so beware

Users who are viewing this thread

Back