Other I've noticed something...

K.C

Trashie
Many people are okay with MxF and MxM, but many say FxF makes them uncomfortable...
Does anyone know why? Why are lesbian relationships treated differently?

Many people are okay with MxF and MxM, but many say FxF makes them uncomfortable...

Life's unfair, most RP-ers are women, and girls have cooties. cooties are gross.

because most RPers on this site are female

i've been in RP environments where most RPers are male, and lesbians are probably more common than straight relationships

I'm actually backward there, I prefer mxf or fxf but you won't catch me on mxm

Because yaoi, and because fangirls...

because most RPers on this site are female

i've been in RP environments where most RPers are male, and lesbians are probably more common than straight relationships

What environments are mainly male? I've never seen one, women seem to dominate the scene wherever I go.

I hate to say this

But because yaoi, and because fangirls...

What environments are mainly male? I've never seen one, women seem to dominate the scene wherever I go.

serious RP servers that exist on Garry's Mod

ain't a forum though

I feel like there aren't a lot of strong female/female relationships in stories. Bromance is such a common thing but sistermance definitely isn't. It even sounds weird. Put a complex girl character in contact with another complex girl character and shipping will probably ensue in the fan community. It's just uncommon to have many strong relationships between girls portrayed in stories I think.

Not to be crass but straight girls tend to fetishize male x male romances a lot more than they do female x female romances.

I think it's sort of distantly related to how some people only play their own gender / nationality / sexuality / etc.

It's easier to write what you know. And if your a straight female than it's going to be a lot easier to get into the mindset of a gay man than it is a lesbian ( especially assuming you're character's primarily defined by whose pants they want to get into ).

It's why you see so many of the same people that are down with mxm say they prefer to play females in mxf romances. They want to play the character it is easiest for them to use as a self-insert or relate to in a romantic setting.

Not to be crass but straight girls tend to fetishize male x male romances a lot more than they do female x female romances.

I think it's sort of distantly related to how some people only play their own gender / nationality / sexuality / etc.

It's easier to write what you know. And if your a straight female than it's going to be a lot easier to get into the mindset of a gay man than it is a lesbian ( especially assuming you're character's primarily defined by whose pants they want to get into ).

It's why you see so many of the same people that are down with mxm say they prefer to play females in mxf romances. They want to play the character it is easiest for them to use as a self-insert or relate to in a romantic setting.
Yeah, I can definitely see that

Most of the time I feel as though it's just a preference. I know female RolePlayers that strictly do MxM and FxF even though they're 100% straight (Last I checked at least.) I for one love all FxF, MxM, MxF yet don't like being the female in a MxF.

Most of the time I feel as though it's just a preference. I know female RolePlayers that strictly do MxM and FxF even though they're 100% straight (Last I checked at least.) I for one love all FxF, MxM, MxF yet don't like being the female in a MxF.

This is a fair point although I would argue that in more pairing based roleplays the trend does tend to be - Play the Character You Can Insert Yourself Into Easiest.

When I say pairings I should specify I mean specifically roleplays that are basically Character A wants to get into the pants of / be fawned over by / fall in love with Character B

In these cases the sexualities ( or gender ) of Characters A and B will reflect the players as the whole point is to put yourself into your characters shoes and live out a fantasy.

A straight woman isn't going to play a lesbian in that sense because that character isn't going to have relatable fantasy of falling in love. ( I mean by the vary definition a straight woman isn't going to want to fall in love with another woman )

Now if we're talking just general 1x1s with romance involved in the plot ( whereas the characters falling in love is either built up to OR just a side part of a greater story ) than yes it's more a matter of preference.

Because in that case there is more separation between the players and the characters AND the primary goal of the roleplay isn't to live out some very specific fantasy of the players.

So then you have more leeway in what kind of pairings / genders / relationships are involved.

For instance I prefer platonic relationships if given a choice but if asked I'll do pretty much any romantic pairing outside of like pedophilia, incest, or weird kinks.

I have zero preference among them ( to me MxM is no different than FxF or MxF ) and I'll play any gender ( likewise there is no difference between male or female characters ) but that is because I am not personally interested in romantic relationships. So therefore when I write a romance I do so because my partner has requested it and not because I'm looking to explore any particular fantasy of my own

Last edited:
well, i only play male characters with whatever sexual orientation for whatever pairing. the real reason i don't play female characters/don't do fxf: i haven't played a female character for so long so i just feel indifferent towards them. the reason a lot of people aren't comfortable with doing fxf is they're usually straight females. for obvious reasons //they aren't attracted to females// so they aren't comfortable with playing it. that's the simple answer i guess.

Personally, for me, it’s because I’ve had really bad experiences with FxF roleplays before I joined this site, to the point I just don’t enjoy them anymore. While I can see myself doing a FxF, I’m really uncomfortable because of my past roleplay with that pairing.

Last edited:
Cuz I'm a humble single male and it's awkward playing as a female when I ain't a female

What are your thoughts playing gay relationships with single female players or gay male pairings with other male players?

Out of curiosity how males stack up in the self-insert / fantasy element of romances.

Since I know females do tend to make characters specifically tied to their own sexuality OR as self-insert for a specific romantic fantasy in pairing based roleplays.

And of course straight females do tend to fetishize gay male relationships to an extend. I would presume males wouldn't do the same thing but never had the chance to outright ask.

What are your thoughts playing gay relationships with single female players or gay male pairings with other male players?

Out of curiosity how males stack up in the self-insert / fantasy element of romances.

Since I know females do tend to make characters specifically tied to their own sexuality OR as self-insert for a specific romantic fantasy in pairing based roleplays.

And of course straight females do tend to fetishize gay male relationships to an extend. I would presume males wouldn't do the same thing but never had the chance to outright ask.

There's honestly been perhaps one or two rps I was in that evolved somewhat from 'two guys know each other and they're friends' but then they died so yeah
Can't really answer your question

There's honestly been perhaps one or two rps I was in that evolved somewhat from 'two guys know each other and they're friends' but then they died so yeah
Can't really answer your question

Sorry the question wasn't clear I was asking more how much attachment do you place in the characters romantic relationships.

Like I have played with men who only play men with females who play females because they are uncomfortable with maybe doing romance with male players OR having their self insert character pair with a male self-insert character.

So my question is - How closely do you identify with your characters in a romantic situation? Is there anything in that situation that makes you uncomfortable?

Like are you doing romance as in - a story that involves romantic pairings with whatever gender/sexuality IRL partners AND/OR characters.

Or are you doing pairings as in - Your Self Insert gets into the pants of Other Players Self Inserts. And if that's the case do you have any preference of the gender/sexuality of the PLAYER and/or CHARACTER.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back