• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

One x One It's all about connection

Oh!!! But before I go!! I think we can skip to the party pretty soon. Unless you want to work on Lauren and her family.

But if he don't, have any plans on how they'll act around each other? xD

I was thinking of making Garret a little distant about it. Behave like nothing had happened and continue to treat Lauren in a civil manner. But he'll be hurt and all LOL

Hmm. I was imagining that this would happen in a month or so, around Lauren's birthday. So Sylvia hears through the grapevine that Lauren's been burying herself in books and hasn't really gone out all that much so is like "alright come socialize because I don't want you to be lonely".

She'd react so badly because she'd already feel out of place and awkward and I feel like she'd get semi-drunk just so she could figure out how it feels and so she can ignore Garret as best as possible lol.

Also because Lauren wouldn't have made up with her friends at that point because she's still in some level of emotional turmoil and eventually Evelyn gets a boyfriend and basically Lauren's life sucks for a bit so she figures "what the fuck" and gets tipsy and maybe a bit sloppy and drunk.

Because I like making her life hard. .-.

Or you know what, what if Juliet spikes the punch or something? Just for the fun of it and Lauren drinks it and things spiral.

Alright, so I've kinda figured out how Lauren's going to end up at a party after being practically antisocial for a month straight.

So, she wouldn't be speaking with Garret or her friends and hardly her family or Evelyn because in order to avoid that overarching feeling of being alone, Lauren just full on crams everything. And I mean everything. She does homework, rushes ahead in class, stays as late as possible at her internship, lines up another internship, gets a part-time job somewhere, etc. etc. She's getting very little sleep and is essentially overworking herself in an effort to feel busy, so she doesn't have time to dwell on other things.

Of course, someone at school takes notice, maybe some student that finds it strange that Lauren sits alone at all her meals and eats abnormally fast and is usually seen walking alone or something. Just generally being very antisocial. She wasn't terribly well known around campus besides to the people who she was close to and beat to internships and jobs and whatnot.

Eventually, someone notices that she doesn't look very healthy (paler than usual, lost some weight, etc. etc.) and tells a counselor who forces her to go on an extended leave (or something like that) for a week before spring break, which happens in the beginning of April.

Sylvia hears about this and decides to throw a party for Lauren, just to help her relax. Her other cousins are at their own colleges very far away, so they don't show up. Instead, Sylvia invites a whole bunch of her own friends and fellow students to hopefully allow Lauren some time away from the community she's been a part of because Sylvia thinks that its the college atmosphere that's weighing Lauren down. Sylvia encourages the people she invites to bring people so that Lauren can socialize more. Sylvia keeps the meaning of the party vague (just a celebration, just a get together, some fun, etc. etc.) so that Lauren won't feel like the center of attention.

Lauren, sleep-deprived, emotionally dead, and really really frustrated with Sylvia and the fact that she's not in school, wants to go back as soon as possible. She figures Sylvia wouldn't like it if she gets drunk so... shenanigans ensue.

A month or so would be fine! Garret would start college in September, or maybe August so that'll be nearly a year after they began texting xD So I think he'll have a job as a waiter to pay for expenses, which means he'll have time off! Works out great.

Just tell me when you would like to skip to it :)

Oh, holy shit. That sounds awesome! You really thought this out! I'm assuming Catherine will be one of those people Sylvia invites. I have a feeling those two butt heads a lot considering Catherine's quite different from Sylvia. Catherine will probably just drag Garret to the party because he would look like a walking corpse at that point.

So! Neither of our babies are having a good month LOL

Alright. I want to put it close to Lauren's birthday for some more awkwardness for Garret. :P

Yeah, Sylvia would probably invite Catherine over as one of her classmates.

Aw, we love torturing them so.

We should hold out on actually RPing the party. Probably after Garret gets dropped off at his place, then we can skim over the month and jump to Sylvia inviting Catherine over or something.

Yeah, I think, Garret being Garret probably bought her a birthday present anyway and kind of awkward hands it to her during the party because of course he carries it around everywhere Pfttttttttt

Okay!

It's a lot more fun than it should be heh

Yeah, that sounds perfect. I feel like I want to skip to happy fun times with Garret and Lauren but I'm having wayyyy too much fun with this angst pftt

BRB gotta eat.

Aw. xD He wouldn't know that Lauren would be at the party, though. At least, I don't think anyone could say that Sylvia and Lauren are related until they hear their last names and I don't think Lauren ever gave out hers.

We'll get to happy fun times sometime after this whole angst fest.

Kay!!!

Oh it wouldn't be anything big though! xD It'll probably just be a necklace or a ring that he keeps in his pocket. It won't be big.

Having them be happy and together is the end goal lol

I was hoping it would cause some more misunderstanding (maybe cause Lauren to run away again) and Garret would be like "oh shit, no, that's not what...I mean, maybe one day, but not right now!" pfttttt

He's in love with you, Lauren, but he's not gonna go that far. Especially after a month of not talking xD

If it happens during the party, Sylvia would be more like "WAIT YOU HAVEN'T BROUGHT HIM TO ANY DINNERS YET YOU CAN'T GET MARRIED YET"

I feel like Lauren would, if she wasn't intoxicated, understand that they haven't talked for a month and that sometimes people give others nice gifts.

First-time drunk Lauren might not.

The party is going to be a complete disaster and I have a feeling a lot is gonna happen LOL

I'm ready. I'm so prepared.

Oh crap! Now we have to let Garret meet the rest of her family!! After all the angst I mean

Ohhhh!! Yeah!!! I'll do that!

But first. My whole towns electricity just went off. That's what I get for living in the middle of nowhere. So I'm gonna have to go for today :( My laptop's battery is about to die D: Hopefully it comes back on tonight!!!! If not I'll reply straight away once I wake up!!

It's already night here so I'm gonna have to light some candles. I think it should be back on soon! It's been off for a few hours now already D:

Wow that sucks. :/ Suppose repairing stuff like that takes a while out in the middle of nowhere?

Hey, at least you have candles. If the power went out for me, I'd depend on my phone. :'D

Yeah. I live on a really hilly part of England so it's a given that we'd lose power every now and then.

Yeah, I have candles. My phone is unfortunately out of commission at the moment. It suuuckkkkks

Do you want them to sorta make up during the party or have it be more awkwardness and now that Lauren is stuck with Sylvia, she's around Catherine more and maybe Catherine drags Garret along to see Lauren?

Power just came back on!!!!!! YAY!!!!! Okay. I'm gonna get started on writing my reply now! I'm so sorry that took me so long!!! >.<

Oh! Hm...I'm conflicted pfttt I want them to make up and have Garret be like "we can stay friends. I won't push you for anything more" and let things go from there. But!!! I also want it to be super awkward, with longing glances and timid conversations. Like, they made up, but it's definitely awkward now that Lauren's rejected him and all. I'm not sure!!

Also! At some point I want them both to be forced to go on a trip together. Since Lauren's now on leave, I was thinking maybe Sylvia suggests they go somewhere fun, so naturally, she invites Catherine who drags Garret along.

Hooray! Thank goodness for power. :D

We can have the super awkward "alright we're friends even though you confessed your love to me and I got really drunk and might have gotten really emotional over you as well so now we're in this weird limbo of friends that want more but neither one of us wants to bring it back up and I have a bad habit of not letting people in because of my plan".

Pfft, like a spring break trip? Maybe Sylvia wants to take Lauren back to where Uncle Henrik is, to like an amusement park and it's a day drive and she's like "Ok, so I want to bring someone along so it's not just us two because where's the fun in that" and then Lauren's like "Catherine because you and Catherine don't get along well and this would be hilarious".

Sylvia agrees but makes Catherine bring Garret along for revenge.

I don't really know why it took so long but thank god it came back on :D

Ohhhhh yes yes!!! That's perfect!!

Yeah!! Like a spring break trip, though we don't have spring break over here, you'll have to tell me a bit about it lol. OHHH So this could be a chance for Garret to meet Uncle Henrik!!! I have this image in my head where they have a barbeque in the backyard of the house and Uncle Henrik and Garret are working the grill and the older man kinda just casually says "so, you like my daughter, huh." and Garret's like "what the hell, how you know?" Pfttttttt

Spring break is like winter break except in the spring. :B That's basically it. It lasts for about a week in April for me and during that time, people visit family and whatnot. I don't know if it extends to college students, but I would think it does, as plenty of students go away for that time to visit family and whatnot.

That would be fantastic. Oh, oh, and Sylvia would tell Uncle Henrik ahead of time and the rest of their family would so show up to be like "LAUREN YOU'RE ALIVE"

And Lauren's like "shitshitshitshit no one ask about Garret" and Juliet's the asshole who asks about Garret.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back