• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

One x One It's all about connection

Hooray!

Do you think it would be better if we wrote up a character sheet for the side-characters, or no? A few of them might pop up a lot, like Lauren's roommate, but don't communicate with her that much while others will be mentioned a lot, like her cousins, but won't show up.

FloatingAroundSpace said:
Hooray!

Do you think it would be better if we wrote up a character sheet for the side-characters, or no? A few of them might pop up a lot, like Lauren's roommate, but don't communicate with her that much while others will be mentioned a lot, like her cousins, but won't show up.
Ohhh yeah, good point! I think we probably should since I'm planning to get Garret some new friends, who'll probably be around a lot. I think it's a good idea that we create one for the side characters too. It'll probably help keep track of them :D

Ok, cool! I'll get started on her roommate and cousins. Not all of them will have face-claims though, so I'll just describe them if they don't.

Ok, cool! I'll get started on her roommate and cousins. Not all of them will have face-claims though, so I'll just describe them if they don't.
Alrighty! No problem if you can't always get a face claim. We can just imagine!

be back in a little while! :)

god i'm so sorry for taking so long to reply. i'm a slow writer! hahaha Also!!! I know Garret will be a little bit of a downer for the first part but he'll get better. Since they're only texting right now, it can get pretty old so please tell me if it's becoming a little boring for you! we can try and fix it and make it more interesting :D

It's alright! I've never done an RP where texting is such a big part of it, so this is really interesting and a lot of fun. ovo

Lauren is going to slowly be revealed as a sort of asshole, but she's working on that. :P

It's alright! I've never done an RP where texting is such a big part of it, so this is really interesting and a lot of fun. ovo
Lauren is going to slowly be revealed as a sort of asshole, but she's working on that. :P
me either so that's why i put this idea up! i find it really interesting but i'm just afraid you may get bored of it! (-.- )

i really do like asshole characters lol anyway, i really like Lauren so far. She's definitely a hard working girl. I like that (^v^)

So... where do you want to go from here? I was thinking just breezing through to after the quiz and perhaps Lauren checks up on him? Just out of worry, especially with the boss thing?

that's a good idea!! i'm gonna introduce the new character soon, the one that Garret starts to have feelings for! Maybe we can skip the little bounding sessions they do over text every now and then. Not all of them, just some of them so the pace of the story isn't too slow.

Also!! I was thinking of having Garret's new friends know Lauren's friends so that there's a bridge between them but one that they don't know of! what do you think?? :)

We could possibly dot the bonding session through, maybe reference them? Like, perhaps in one post I say, "Lauren had learned that he had enjoyed calligraphy as a child, which would explain her sudden fascination with it," or you could reference Lauren talking about her roommate, little things like that?

And cool! Perhaps they know Evelyn or Sylvia and that's how they know each other? Sylvia's app will eventually be up, but she's going to become a lawyer so they might know someone that Garret used to go to school with?

yeah! that sounds great!! it'll save us time and it'll move the story along too!

Ah, that's good! Sylvia may be the better option since she'll know someone through law and I was considering making Garret friends with one of the 'weirder' kids that used to be in his class :P I'll get onto making the character sheet for his friends once i introduce them.

ahhhh i hit enter too early!!! not done yet!!!

okay!! edited!! lol that was a disaster.

Oh! okay hahahaha i'll be back in a few hours too! I need to get some cleaning done!!! :(

Hey, more internal struggle for her. :D Like Evelyn said, Lauren's going to end up as a rich researcher with few friends and family if she keeps this up. We'll explore her side-lining relationships in favor of getting to where she wants to be later.

~stressing out characters~

Also I love the fact that Nina is practically the opposite of Lauren: she's petite and Lauren's like 5' 7'' and well-built, she's quiet and Lauren can yell like crazy... etc. etc.

Conflict yaaaaay!

Aw, I really like Lauren. She's striving for something and she's giving it her all, not letting anyone stop her. I really like characters who have a set goal and is determined. It's great!!! but yeah Evelyn is right about that. You can't work then have no play.

Oh god! I didn't even think of that!! lol wow they're gonna butt heads if they ever meet. This is some good conflict right here hhahaha

Yeah, I really like that in Lauren as well. I've usually played more oscillating characters before and it's really actually a lot more fun to write someone who's driven and fighting for something she really wants. She's going to learn the tough way that all work and no play is no fun in the end.

Man, it would be a lot of Lauren staring at her and being like "What kind of goals do you have if you don't talk. Like ever? How do you make it in the workplace?"

Yeah! I honestly love enthusiastic characters. There is absolutely nothing wrong with angsty characters who have a troubled past, but it's refreshing to write about a character who's full of life and goal driving. It's awesome.

lmao Poor Nina, she probably won't be able to get away from Lauren's wrath.

Also, you write in super speed. How are you doing that hahaha

More like Lauren's full-on disapproval. At least Evelyn is gonna try for something, like a signing career, but Lauren's a hard-core believed in "If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything". She'd rather know that people are driving towards something than aimlessly puttering around.

I took typing classes in middle school because my school made us. Also, that falling out partner and I had a rapid fire RP, that's really where I got my super typing from.

Oh damn, rip Nina. I think she'll be disapproving of Garret for a while too since he's the type to wander aimlessly until he gets to where he wants to be. He's trying to improve himself in that aspect but it'll take a while.

You seriously type so fast. And here I thought I was a pretty fast typer. Whoa. A rapid fire RP? that's pretty cool!

LOL yeah. We'll hopefully meet the rest of who Lauren is close to (if this RP goes on for long enough please please please) and see their different attitudes on studying.

Namely, Juliet has none, Sylvia is driven like Lauren, and Chellsea is as well, though she has a bit of social anxiety so doesn't talk as much as Lauren.

Yeah, we responded within a minute to one another.

I really hope the RP does go on for long enough! I really want to see this last because I'm really enjoying it!!

A family of driven women? This is what I like to see! This is exactly the kind of content I want see!!! Lol

wow, so you just did that one RP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back