• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern It Takes Two . . and a Half

Characters
Here

Xanto

The Clever Paradox
It Takes Two . . and a Half

anime-cityscape-buildings-sky-sunlight-anime-19503.jpg

Reserved for Cosmos Cosmos and yours truly.​

This nightclub was too packed tonight…. The thought rung in the less than sober teens head looking around, it wasn't the worst, but there was more than she usually liked at these gang meetups, she'd just come for shiz and giggles at first. After all she hadn't been home in three days and needed some fun, the thought leaving a sour taste in her mouth as she glared out into the sea of moving bodies, taking a swig of pretty mediocre quality beer and letting out a relieved sigh and smile lip curl to a smirk, argh- tonight was gonna be one of those nights, huuh?.

Standing nearby she heard two of the newer recruits to the gang chatting, "I heard she has a whole den somewhere, like, just full of weapons! ha" - "You idiot, why would she have something like that? I heard her dad was some sorta champion fighter in the underground rinks years ago, and had this super powerful punch right? an she inherited the power of his right arm!" - "Oh so my ideas stupid but not yours!?" - "Well, how bout we're both right? I mean look at her! she's the only one the boss even trusts to touch that dang money stash, plus she punches people if they buy the wrong booze! But uh, she is kinda hot, right?" - "Haha, ya know it dude~" The pair continued to banter on as she shook her head, glaring right at them.

'Freakin' idiots…. Don't even know that I can ear' em from here?! urgh, If i wasn't so dang tired I'd go kick their butts' she thought with an eye roll. Taking another swig of the drink finishing it and placing it next to the small stash she'd been working on, crunching it down with her fist, she'd put them in recycling later, sure she was a thug, but not a freaking monster.

Getting up she stretching before rubbing her shoulder, the lights were hurting her eyes, she had to get outta here. In a few swift movements she curved through the crowds making her way outside the back, seems forged permits were good for more than just getting booze, great for not having to deal with security punks either.

Moving away from the thumping noise of the party she leant against the outside brick wall, reaching into her pocket and fiddling with her cigarette packet, after a moment muttering something that even a sailor wouldn't dare say before throwing them across the empty parking lot hitting her head lightly against the back, "It's a stupid addiction anyway…." she muttered almost like a stubborn child, puffing out cheeks slightly in their lightly rose tinted state from her alcohol filled mind, however you could damn still bet she'd throw a straight hit if she needed to, that was the scary thing about her in this state, easily frustrated AND still good enough to knock you out in a fight.

She couldn't help but smile a little more genuinely however, the night air felt good under the moonlight, a sappy thing she knew, but didn't stop it from being true.

Maybe tonight wasn't such a bad night, yeah.

Xanto Xanto

Cole Valentino

InformalMarvelousHerring-max-1mb.gif
"Sparks," Cole stood up from the driver's seat watching the other gang member furrow his brows in confusion. "All you did was start the car," The older guy replied almost objecting the quick evaluation. "And listen to ya rant since yesterday," Cole laughed a bit before casually popping the Mustang hood up. Watching him move around the car made it all look like a simple routine. In fact, the mere act of tying a small flashlight to the lifted hood and letting it dangle a few inches so that it lit all the mechanisms looked pretty smooth.

"Yesterday was two minutes ago," The gang member replied casting a glance at his phone, "Anyway, . . what do you need?" "Juice," Cole bluntly stated after shifting his gaze back to all the wires. Switching out the spark plugs was no big deal. It'd probably take around 40 minutes. 30 if he really wanted to join the noise. Cole's gray eyes shifted toward the pounding walls a short distance away from them.

Meanwhile, the other gang member was busy trying to decipher Cole's car jargon, "Juice? You mean gas-." "Apple juice," Cole clarified watching the guy give him some sort of "are you serious" look.

A few moments of silence lingered between the two, while the other member inwardly debated between sarcasm or truth. Cole however, managed to break the silence with a smirk. "Fine, fine. But I get it off my tab," The guy turned away walking into the nightclub. "Cider!" Cole called out just before the guy entered the crowded hangout spot.

On that note, the gray-eyed temporary mechanic opened up his tool box and got to work. To be honest, Cole wasn't really a party guy. He enjoyed chill kickbacks more than crowded raves. He had nothing against them though especially since their gang usually put one up every week.

Spray. The sound of vandalism rang out a few feet around him. All Cole was really doing though was just using an air compressor to blow the dirt around the spark plug wells. The teen routinely rolled his sleeves up and grabbed the wire by the boot before pulling it out.

Don't get him wrong, parties were fun. But doing the same thing week after week for him just wasn't cutting it now that he found another way to earn some extra cash. Fixing cars in the busy lot was easy. No advertising needed! That and he could keep a look out in case a rival gang ever swung by. Besides, he had to stay sober this time so he wouldn't come home drunk to his siblings.

Spray. Cole fired the compressed air at the area again before attaching a few tools together and purposely breaking an inner plug loose. After about 35 minutes, he was half a glass short of apple cider and 90 bucks richer. Click. The last wire sounded after Cole strongly pressed it down. His arms then flew up into the air giving him a well-deserved stretch.

"TAKE THE MONEY!" The earlier gang member suddenly shoved the rolled bills into Cole's chest out of no where before hopping into his car and revving the engine. "GET HIM!" A few other gang members ran out the building trying to catch up to the car that very easily drove away. The then teen casually slid the cash into one of his pockets before moving a hand through his hair. "Don't just stand there drive after him!" Another member called out to the involved gang. Within a few more seconds, two more cars sped out the lot.

" . . ya lookin' for this?" Cole smoothly tossed up a USB into a gang woman's hands as he passed by her. She just paused in shock, turning around to watch him continue indifferently walk toward the building, " . . How'd you know?" "I didn't think he owned a USB with "Lucy" on it," Cole replied stopping in his tracks and looking over his shoulder, "Call me for repairs."

With that, he faced back forward with a smirk. Nothing like setting up a little prank to earn more business.

Time to join the noise. Cole thought, adjusting his sleeve before resuming his way to the door. On the way over, his gray gaze caught sight of a girl just leaning against a wall and smiling out of nowhere. Hana, was it? She looked . . chill. Cole casually passed by the girl's line of sight, letting his gaze linger on Hana for few seconds before smiling a bit at her and making his way into the nightclub.

Cosmos Cosmos

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back