• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Island of Heroes (Open)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Bhara's retort was just on the tip of her tongue. Something about even the weakest among them being capable of besting him in battle. Luna came to mind. It wasn't true, of course, she'd seen his flames cross lengthy distances faster than a pacifying song could take hold of its victim, she was just in an insulting mood. Her tolerance for disrespect was already pretty low, and Konan was the only person in their group that seemed hell-bent on being unfriendly to the point of hermitage. But before she could speak again, he had run off again, and was already causing more needless chaos. And garnering unwanted attention.

As well as wasting food. Almost instantly, Bhara took chase, running his same route through the wreckage of the cabbage cart and splintering a few pieces of lumber in the process, purely with the ferocity of her stomping boots. But as soon as she caught a glimpse of the stranger approaching Konan, she stepped aside to merely observe. His offering of assistance seemed misplaced, but then Bhara realized Konan was missing some of his items. Precisely why she should've been holding onto them. Then the stranger made the decision to insist on Konan apologizing and putting their hands on him, an action unwise for even some toren to make.

Bhara reached them and gently removed the hand from Konan. "Bad idea. Now give us some space, citizen, I'll make him apologize."

- Vol Vol revior revior

Peculiar Convictions
Interactions: Melon Bomb Melon Bomb obscured_light obscured_light egglover egglover Neko_Kasai Neko_Kasai Strategos Strategos Topless Topless
"Hm?" She hummed at the bird womans question, turning to face the older woman. She didn't speak for a moment, opting to instead inspect Yrshta with her quite peculiar right eye. It bored into the avian wih an uncanny intensity, despite this the rest of Celines expression was rather light hearted. "What to call me? Well, zhat is on you. Call me what you like, I will respond to almost any name, as long as it is adressed to me." She smiled, and the unflinching gaze of her right eye finally removed itself from the other woman and moved on to inspect the rest of the group, as if it had a mind of its own. It was rather unsettling the way it seemed like she was looking in two entirely different directions, one with each eye. "Nozhing weird zhough, please. I am quite tired of strange names. My last travel companion called me 'strawberry shortcake' for zhree whole monzhs!" She huffed in annoyance and crossed her arms. "Zhree! It was most uncomfortable."

Her gaze shifted to the older man approaching the group, and her eyes widened. She quickly moved to return the mans bow, albeit slightly awkwardly. She straightened herself out and smoothed out her grime coated clothes, as if that would make for a better appearence. "It is an honour to meet you, Mister Hoshino. We... I-I mean I at zhe very least, would gladly take your offer." She chuckled nervously, standing up straight with a peculiar tenseness. "I am uh... not sure about zhe rest, it is a very good offer zhough, yes?" She then took a step back, giving the others room to respond to the mans offer.

Yoink'd
Interactions: Aurelius revior revior / Bhara Kassandra Kassandra
Honourable Mentions: N/A​

If the cabbage peddler meddling with Konan wasn't enough, the "helpful" stranger had the balls to actually grab him -- and stick. The half-genasi's eyes snapped to the hand upon his arm before carefully trailing it to it's source; his heated gaze locked onto the other man's.

Fortunately for both of their sake, the shieldmaiden came just in time to diffuse the situation. How she easily and carefully disentangled the hold of the other man's was a smart move.

Konan wasn't actually going to do anything rash, even if Bhara hadn't done that. But he somewhat appreciated how delicate she had treated the encounter; as if he was a timebomb. The reason why he hadn't just already knocked the guy out into next week and possibly incinerate in process, was because how a human managed to hold on in the first place. Even his mother struggled to touch him sometimes; the hug back in Makuran being an exception (or so he thought).

He found himself slouching slightly as he placed a hand on where the stranger's one once was. Weird.
Durable fodder. The one that mattered more's gone. Find, find and see if it can burn.

"Eugh. I don't want to, though. The damn cabbage guy was there in the wrong place, the wrong time --" Konan bit his lip and sighed theatrically his eyes rolling almost to the back of his head. He threw his weight to a slight spin so he could promptly face the peddler, which surprised the other man. "Having to say sorry to the likes of you...this isn't gonna get any of your shitty vegetables back, y'know?". He smiled, all teeth and no remorse.

"S-o-o-rry."

The forceful grin then suddenly melted to a scowl as the fire vessel quickly switched attention to Bhara, giving the peddler a sensation of whiplash.

"Okay so is he gonna apologise to me now 'cause he made me lose my satchel?" Konan gesticulated from him to the cabbage owner to emphasise his expaseration.

The peddler was now on his knees gathering the soiled greens -- trying to look as inconspicious as possible. The crowd eventually thinned as the exchange continued, once they realised the commotion didn't seem to escalate to something more...exciting.

Chioran moved to protest Konan's sudden departure, but it was too late. Thankfully, Bhara had silently volunteered to wrangle the little troublemaker back; he was a handful to be sure, but those two were less likely to butt heads directly. If she had gone herself, there was no telling if the streets would be safe from his flames..

The stranger that had not long ago been accompanied by guards stepped forward and offered his establishment as a place of rest. So far, the reception to their presence has either been immediate hostility, or seemingly unconditional patronage. What a hot and cold society these Alatoans had.

"If you're really sure it's okay, then we'll have to take you up on that!" she said, nodding to Hoshino. "I'm Chioran. This is Yrshta, Bib, and Luna -- the flaming knucklehead that just stormed off is Konan, and our reliable shieldmaiden who went to go get him is Bhara. And speaking of which, we should... um... also... go get them." With that, she clapped her hands together and motioned her head toward the exit, ducking out of the building to tail her comrades. It didn't take very long to find them, as it turned out. Chioran narrowed her body between the dispersing the crowds, slipping smoothly through their ranks as the scene of ultimate cabbage destruction came nearer into view.

She didn't catch the entire discussion, but she heard more than enough to understand the gist. Matchstick, apparently, rammed headfirst into a cabbage vendor's cart, and in the process, somehow lost the bag of money he so generously pinched from the table. And this... other guy here wasn't exactly helping. Okay! Looked like there was only one thing to do here. Chioran forcefully gripped Konan and violently smashed her head into his.

"Alright, that's enough out of you!" she snapped, the fore of her skull throbbing from the mutual impact. "I'm not playing games this time. You want to do you and leave on your own, fine, but don't cause trouble for everyone else!" Chioran blew the bangs out of her face and turned to the vendor. "We'll pay for the damage."

-

Vol Vol Kassandra Kassandra obscured_light obscured_light egglover egglover Topless Topless Firelie Firelie Strategos Strategos revior revior

Interaction: Vol Vol Kassandra Kassandra Melon Bomb Melon Bomb
Nearby: obscured_light obscured_light egglover egglover Topless Topless Firelie Firelie Strategos Strategos
Aurelius did not have any intention of letting go until the other party apologizes for his transgressions, absolutely none. Yet, his grip was so easily torn away by a woman who had suddenly entered the scene. She's a friend of the Toren it seemed, and from her strength, she too might be a Toren.

Aurelius did not protest. Surely, a talking-to from a friend would be far more palatable than a complaint from a stranger. So long as they did right by the poor peddler, there was no need for objections. Leaving it up to the friend of the red, burning Toren, Aurelius turned his attention to the peddler, miserably picking up his scattered livelihood, and offered a helping hand, not noticing yet another group of new arrivals as his eyes were on the cabbages.

By the time he was done, the situation was seemingly near its resolution. The one heading the new arrivals, a blond haired girl, had made promise of payment, though not before slamming her forehead into that of the burny Toren. With the odd bunch of people trailing behind her, Aurelius came to the conclusion that they must be Torens as well. He was surprised that there were so many of them here, though not as surprised as he was at the intense display of 'skinship' between the blonde girl and the burning man, making him wonder if that was how the Torens greet one another in Makuran.

Well, in that case, he better go introduce himself.

"Excuse me," Aurelius said as he approached the blonde girl, gently grasping her head in his hands, as one ought to with a lady. "Well met, the name is Aurelius Fortner, loyal knight of House Rosenbury."

And then, he did as the blonde girl had with the burning man, skull to skull, forehead to forehead.

Luna followed Chioran to the destruction of the cabbage cart. Poor man has lost his business by the sheer recklessness of their friend. As Chioran scolds Konan, Luna gets in closer to the cabbages. "They're in season." She said. Turning to the distraught vendor, Luna decided to cheer him up. "Don't be so down, I'm sure you'll get a new cart in no time. Here, let me play a song for you to get your spirit up." She said as she pulls out her wooden flute and play a happy melody in the hopes of getting him into the spirit.

Melon Bomb Melon Bomb Kassandra Kassandra Vol Vol obscured_light obscured_light egglover egglover @PiePillager Firelie Firelie revior revior Strategos Strategos Neko_Kasai Neko_Kasai

There was... a lot going on.

From the group splitting up to the cabbage incident, Yrhsta had patiently watched it all. She hadn't appreciated the staring of the rude eye the unnamed girl had, but she figured this was how humans are. There were some very brazen humans running about and some very helpful ones too. Hoshino was a very good example of the helpful ones. The one who headbutted Chioran was not.

However, Yrshta had also seen Chioran headbutt Konan from a distance. Was the one who headbutted Chioran thinking he was defending Konan? Had he been working with the cabbage man perhaps? Was he not satisfied with the offer of payment? Ah youth, so full of misunderstandings, so full of confusion.

"Youths," Yrshta said loudly, bristling with annoyance. Her feathers were puffed up and she seemed to gain an inch or two as she straightened her back. "I understand all of you are brimming with vigor and passion but may I remind you we have very little progress made on our first day upon these lands?"

"You," she said as she started going off before Bib could stop her, pointing with her wing at the one who had headbutted Chioran. "I can see the cabbage incident has been very upsetting but I do believe an apology is still necessary as that headbutt was most unnecessary."

"Konan," she said, now directing her gaze upon the fiery Toren. "Please make sure to make the adequate reparations. You have caused quite a stir today and this vendor's livelihood was affected. Anyone would be understandably upset at the loss of quite a good meal."

"You two," she said, turning to the weird eye girl and Hoshino. "I'm sorry about the ruckus our group has found themselves causing even after your offers of help. They're upstanding children but children nonetheless. I shall help Chioran and Bhara keep them on the right path. If you reconsider however, I understand."

"And as for the rest of you, let's help get this situation resolved and convene elsewhere to properly get our paths aligned once more."

She finished with a slight huff, looking confident despite some of her own misunderstandings and nagging. Yrshta could already hear the resounding agreement from the group... though if she would actually hear it was yet to be seen.

Yoink'd
Interactions: Aurelius revior revior / Chioran Melon Bomb Melon Bomb / Luna Topless Topless / Yrshta obscured_light obscured_light
Honourable Mentions: Literally everyone else in this rp​

"Alright, that's enough out of you! I'm not playing games this time. You want to do you and leave on your own, fine, but don't cause trouble for everyone else! We'll pay for the damage."

He really couldn't lose these folks, could he? The thought whizzed past through his comprehension as he had stumbled a few steps back from the literal head-bash Chioran had done to the both of them. They bind themselves to us regardless knowing they'll burn in the end -- at this rate it is tedious.
Well, it's not like he asked for that opinion but he definitely agreed...somewhat.

Sure it's not like he's going to get on his own any time soon; but the city was huge. Even for him. Having a bunch of the Toren around instilled a grounding sense of familiarity against the new expansive environment -- but boy did they like to get in his way. While Konan wiped something sticky off his forehead, the back of his head revealed a thin streak of blood. He frowned at it and watched it sizzle away; maybe sometimes...he did have to be stopped. Flashes of the three bodies from the forest, smoking and unrecognisable, was proof of that. That is the goal here. Weak, weak, the pyre must flourish. Yeah. Right. Maybe burning books is better than burning up bodies. The Academy could probably help with that.

THWACK.

The half-genasi almost bit his tongue when the stranger headbutted Chioran, and he threw back his head in sudden laughter.

"What the--what. Wow, you really wanna die, huh you rando?" Konan gasped as he barely managed to pull himself together. He pointed at the stranger while he wiped the moisture from his eyes. "Nice, but I don't appreciate you stealing my payback. With that being said..."

"They're in season. Don't be so down, I'm sure you'll get a new cart in no time. Here, let me play a song for you to get your spirit up."

Hanson, the cabbage peddler, looked up at the new arrivals, eyes wide. If they knew the man that had caused this ruckus in the first place, could that mean they were Toren as well? Either way, he didn't want to to mess around with his associates no longer.
"I--well. You don't have to sing for...oh you're, well you're doing that now I suppose." Hanson stammered as he hastily shoved the cabbages he could procure from the dirty, filthy street. Yes they were in season, and one of them -- quite a comely lass -- did say they would pay for compensation.

He battled with his thoughts; to agree in order to not dent his already poor savings, or to let it be and escape with whatever dignity and vegetables had left. He only wanted to sell cabbages...

Konan rolled his right shoulder and a flame sparked in the tightened fist. But before he could even do something with said flame fist -- definitely not to hit the stranger and possibly Chioran in the process -- it stuttered out as Yrshta scolded him. Man. Party, fucking, poopers with their good intentions and perfectly valid and moral explanations.

"Konan, Please make sure to make the adequate reparations. You have caused quite a stir today and this vendor's livelihood was affected. Anyone would be understandably upset at the loss of quite a good meal."

"Oof. Gotcha on the meal part, but the reparations? Sounds like miss people-pleaser," He shoved a thumb towards Chioran, "has it handled. Also I already apologised, so maybe shut up about the cabbage incident? Thannnnnk you." The half-genasi sighed and stared at the stranger; gesturing a closed fist punching against an open palm as if to signal 'This isn't over, buddy, I've gotta try you out'.

Oh wait. Shit, THE SATCHEL.
Brilliant. The other's presence is here and there -- they are in the air we breathe. Incinerate. Them.

Oh no he really needed to get that back.

~KAIRA~
Mentions: Vol Vol
Locations: Training Grounds -> Streets of Holwald

1617763551177.pngThe tiefling smiles as she tries to walk away from the large man who tried to hurt her. The power in her fingers never seemed to be as nice as it was when that man tried his hardest to hurt her quivers in pain on the ground. Not many things really had its flair, its meaning to her. Kaira wasn't a poor little thing that people could prey on here on the surface, she wasn't really prey on the island but she was also respected dearly. Here the dancer wasn't respected at all.

Well maybe not completely. Her students respected her, enough to let her help them become better fighters. To learn from her mind and take her lessons to heart. Try and stay on her feet, think about your center of gravity, even use the environment. Most of the Alatoans didn't seem to care about the nature around them, how uneven the earth can get, the stones that cracks the ground and use them to your advantage.

Her magic didn't really stop her from using her magic to help her either.

She takes one last look at the man on the floor, whose name she could never get, and sighs. "You really need to learn that people who are different doesn't mean they are any less of people. If you want to continue to attack me for no reason, I will
1617813706332.pngnot stop you. But one day you might need to find help of someone you might find other. And no one will want to help."
She then pulls out one of her ring blades and takes it to his throat. " And you have almost taken all of my good graces sir." She turns her head almost immediately eyes looking to the exit. Grabbing her satchel before leaving the ground completely.

She doesn't pay attention to his screams at her, it didn't matter and it wasn't the point of her words. That man needed to learn that everyone has there limits and she had reached hers.

Kaira goes into the streets of Holwald, taking in a deep breathe and feeling the hunger running through her. She hadn't eaten since the morning and when she looked up in the sky it was becoming late evening. It made sense. So the tiefling dancers sashayed her way to the market place to find something cheap to eat. Looking for her favourite food vendor she sees a toppled over cart that hadn't fully been fixed. Helping the owner, she noticed a bag that doesn't really belong to the owner and decides to take it with her. Maybe she'll be able to find the owner.

The vendor gives her a little money as a thank you and Kaira bows and thanks them. She could use this money to get a little more food for the night. She smiles and moves along to gather some food for the night. Happy that she was about to get a few more skewers for her favourite stand. "Hello Mulane, can I get 4 of your best?" She shows the money that she has to the girl and Mulane nods and gathers 4 different types of skewers to giver Kaira. The dancer takes it and smiles. It is then that she notices that Mulane had given her an extra drink on the side in its own waterskin. Nodding in thanks Kaira takes it and moves along. Sipping and munching on her food back towards the barracks.

It happened very oddly, her body moving and not entirely like she wanted. It was as if the fire spirit that she summons was pushing her against the warm skin of the fire-genasi. She flinches back as fast as she could, so that the man she bumped into wouldn't get mad. "I'm sorry!" She exclaims at Konan, both of the satchels she is carrying hitting the half fire-genasi. "Are you okay?"

Attachments

• 1617813788290.png
    1617813788290.png
    75.1 KB · Views: 0
Were the streets always this busy? It seemed as if all of Makuran had suddenly followed them down to the world below, and like Konan was on the verge of duking it out with half of them. Bhara was torn between staying by his side to make sure he didn't get into any more trouble and laying into the human that seemed intent on getting murdered. First he thought it was a good idea to poke the campfire/bear hybrid in their genasi, then he decided to headbutt Chioran? If not for the total lack of bite to his actions, Bhara would've taken it as the kind of casual aggression she expected from his kind all along.

Konan giving the unfortunate vendor one last silent threat bought her attention back, and in response, she pulled a hair off his head. Right after, some new creature stumbled in and brought him down. Bhara giggled a little, but moved to separate the two. "Watch where you're going, purple. This one's impatient."

Neko_Kasai Neko_Kasai Vol Vol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back