• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Clockhaven City] Where The Blood Runs Thick

BFBBBFED-0A08-4605-B134-8A6285A0F29F.jpeg

Velvet, after totally blundering her reckless attempt to overthrow the enemies she committed to destroying had stayed back. Despite Scylla attempting to push her forward, Velvet kept still. Muttering, “This is beyond our level of expertise witch. Well stand back and tend to the wounded. We’re quite fragile to be up close to these massive enemies.”

After a grueling fight, and after the defeat of the vampire. Velvet quickly sprung into action, hesitantly pressing a finger onto whoever needed healing would prompt her healing spell.

She’d look down, quite ashamed at the fact she couldn’t help, deciding to undertake more rigorous training before attempting anything like this again. Or perhaps, be a bit more observant of her environment somehow.

Before long, the party made its way to the plant like being that was guarded by Sverre. However her reaction towards her was not exactly kind. Grabbing the plant lady by the foliage around her neck she pulled her in close, looking fiercely into her eyes as tears began to well within them in anger and shame, “You better start talking plant creature, before I cut you up like an onion! We almost died in there, and I was crushed like a bug!” Although she was healed, her clothes were ripped and tarnished at her back. It was an obviously emotional lashing out, perhaps an attempt to regain some semblance of control over her own feelings of defeat.

A strained grunt escaped Cayde as he tried to push the rest of his body out of the monstrosity's grasp. No such luck - still too strong. His heart began to race, and his eyes frantically searched for an opportunity. He could feel his focus running thin. There must've been some way out, he thought. There was always a solution. But then there was this magnificent sound. He quickly looked up, just in time to see Sophia's crossbow fell the monstrosity. Who crawled out made his blood boil, but as Kalina rushed to finish the job, a sudden clarity flushed through him. They did it. Every drop of trust was worth it. Every moment spent led exactly up to this. "Yes..." Cayde murmured to himself before throwing his hands into the air, "YES!"

He ignored the eye-watering smell of decay as he was released. There were more important things to discuss. "Amazing! You all did amazing!" Ripping off his mask, Cayde looked towards Iberis and Sophia with the biggest smile he could muster, "Iberis, that spell, I-I wouldn't even be here cause' of you! And Sophia, god, I knew that crossbow was gonna save us all!" Then he looked to Shion and Velvet, no excitement fading in his face, "And you two were just great support, really. The way you bounced back just like that... perfect." Finally, Cayde faced Kalina, "And how could I forget the lady who ended it all?" He said before laying a hand on her shoulder, "That's like, what, the second time you've saved my ass? I expected nothing less."

There was just one more person he needed to celebrate. But as soon as he'd turned to Morana, hearing her departure, a slight frown formed on his face. Only for a moment - gratitude quickly returning to his face. It was bittersweet to see her go, but, at the very least, her life was slightly more comfortable. That was more than enough. "Thank you for tolerating us, Morana. Couldn't have done this without you," Cayde said warmly, deeply bowing his head, "I'll never forget what you told me. I'll make you proud in their name. That, I can promise you."

After all was said and done, Cayde followed as the party returned to the tavern. He waved amiably at Sverre and the dryad as he entered and formally nodded to the vampire hunters. Everyone, more or less, thankfully seemed to be okay. "We got the message. Good to see you all back in one piece," He told the hunters, "The job's done! Now, how do a couple of monster hunters celebrate, eh?" He chuckled jovially until he heard two familiar voices in entirely foreign tones: Velvet, angry, and Kalina... nervous?

Quickly nodding to Kalina, Cayde moved over to Velvet, attempting to separate her from the dryad, "Hey, you're okay," He whispered, glancing at the dryad over her shoulder, "Look, what that vampire did to us was dirty. There was no way any of us could've saw that coming. Doesn't matter how strong we thought we were." Shaking his head, his eyes hardened as they looked back at her, "But we still got her. She might've banged us up, but we still won. We're still alive. And that means we'll have plenty of time to reflect. Plenty of time to improve." With a slight jerk of his head, he motioned over to the tavern stool, "But for now, we celebrate. Cherish this. Get whatever you want, Velvet. It's all on me."

Finally, he returned to Kalina, "Alright, one last meeting to wrap it all up, yeah? I'll be right here beside you."

Iberis Odhir
c1c09798754ff7edcdb17e719dc490d4-1-1-1-1-1.jpg

Iberis at first wasn't sure how to respond when her attacks hadn't done a ton, these things had been incredibly resistant to many of their magic attacks it seemed which had been irksome. Perhaps if Iberis was even stronger she could do more. She needed to develop more powerful curses at this rate. Draining strength just wasn't going to be enough if they had to face off against increasingly powerful foes, which it looked like they may very well have too from Iberis' experience so far between going into that strange world with Renee and he others, fighting monsters..and yet again here she was fighting more monsters. As thankful as she had been for the academy and getting in, her life had been far from simple ever since that event had catapulted her.

Upon seeing Kalina finally strike the vampire with her blade, Iberis froze for a moment with anticipation..what was going to happen. Was this finally going to be the end of this brutal struggle they had been on just to hunt this one down so that they'd stop the evil they were committing against people once and for all? Thankfully for Iberis.

Of course she didn't understand the monster which was spoken but let out an audible sigh of relief for anyone close by enough. Even if the sight of the corpses wasn't great it was still superior to dealing with the large dangerous threats they had to not all that long ago.

"Cayde I'm so glad that you're alright that looked pretty rough, and..of course I'll always do everything in my power to keep us all going." She responded sincerely.

Thankfully even those who had been injured were getting healed up as Iberis looked around the group, a soft smile forming on her face.

Iberis was surprised seeing the Baron. Once again it was another moment where it felt like a weight had been taken off her shoulders. The construct VIP appeared to have gone unharmed; the person who they were largely protecting in this whole ordeal to begin with.

Upon seeing Morana give her small departing message, Iberis gave a small bow in the direction of her and the Baron. "Thank you for all the support Morana, I can assure you she was great." She emphasized to the Baron. Hopefully the message was clear, she did appreciate Morana. "And thank you for your generosity, Baron."
---
Once they got back to the Rusted Booze Iberis practically felt like collapsing from how draining the stress had felt when they were fighting that Vampire and the monstrosities. However the peace wasn't too long lasting as before anyone knew it Velvet was at the Dryad's throat. At least it looked like their other construct 'friend' was okay too and had managed to take proper care of the Dryad. Then there was the voice that Kalina used which sounded like one of anxiety. The Velvet situation was addressed by Cayde rather well Iberis thought, before she nodded in agreement, turning to the others who were nearby.

"He's right, I know that the journey here got pretty rough, we had to go through hardship and danger...and.. heck I bet a lot of you are still wondering what happened with me earlier.and iI'll definitely give that explanation, but like Cayde said we should be celebrating our victory, it was well deserved and earned, so I don't know about everyone else but I'm ready for a good time." Of course referring to the ones who Kalina hadn't called to go with her at this point. Of course if things didn't go well on Kailna's end of things as tired as she was she'd jump in action in a heartbeat, with the risks that were involved in her situation with being vulnerable.

But she then turned to the Dryad who hopefully was no longer under threat of assault. and continued, "But I am curious about you, what's your story? How did the vampire get a hold of you?...Mr. S did you discover anything interesting?" She inquired after making her way over to them.

The Rusted Booze
Widersia – Capital – Clockhaven – Droid's Row – Bar - The Rusted Booze
Time: 8:30 Weather Sunrise
yongjia-final01.jpg
Mentions: Iberis TheTimePiece TheTimePiece | Cayde The Last Curse The Last Curse | Scylla RavenSong RavenSong | Shion Sharena Sharena | Sophia Silent Angel Silent Angel

???
JSix6Iw.jpg

qYy8TDC.jpg

The Dryad was taken rather aback when she was suddenly grabbed by Velvet. “W-what... what would you want me to say? I've tried telling all I knew in the hope that it would help, that was all I could do...”

Mr.S
lTkTkAG.jpg

Mr.S, perhaps due to his head not really being back in full order, suddenly stepped in putting a threatening hand on Velvet's shoulder. “Mister beak told me to protect her, so you'd best let her go, miss red-eyes. I doubt miss purple would want her to get hurt either, so I'm not gonna let you do so.”

Chandra Jarmil

She'd just nodded at Sophia's words. She could use a break, even though she wasn't exactly sure how much she liked the way it'd been enforced upon her.

She had more trouble accepting Cayde's compliment. “Honestly, finishing it all was a lot easier than having to stand by until then. I never thought it could be so difficult to just do nothing. Not when so many others were struggling and getting harmed.” She spoke, recalling the many times she'd wish to reveal herself to interfere prior to her first and last attack.

???
JSix6Iw.jpg

qYy8TDC.jpg

The dryad turned to Iberis, acknowledging her question. “She challenged me in the See, in the grove I was in charge off. She didn't look all that strong to me, so I decided to face her challenge, figuring it'd be best to take her out before she could flee and cause trouble elsewhere. However, some rabbit eared man interrupted, using some weird mist that made me drowsy and stabbing with with some sort of cursed branch that drained my strength and made me feel like I was suffering from just about any disease possible... by the time I came too, I'd already been bound to the vampire as her thrall, unable to disobey as my body itself would move against my will. I honestly thought I'd die like that...” She turned to the others, giving them a deep bow. “So I can't thank all of you enough for having saved me. I'll be forever in your debts.”

The hunters were eager to start celebrating in the way they knew best to do so; booze. However, it seemed like one last serious and sober conversation was needed to be had. They nodded upon Kalina's question and followed along.

Chandra Jarmil

Kalina, Cayde, Sophia and the three vampire hunters had retreated to a back-room, in a more private setting due to the sensitive nature of the topic they'd discuss next. That's when she figured she'd best get straight to it. “It may be difficult to believe, but the body I'm in is not originally mine. I was, somehow, transferred into it after my own died.” That was probably the best way to explain the whole 'isekai' aspect of it. “So, please know that my body and mind aren't the same. Also, please know that I never choose this, I just woke up like this without any doing of my own.” She spoke, as she dropped her alternate identity.

Kalina Chivernu

She wanted to talk, but then she noticed he absolute shock and horror in the eyes of Theron and Yumi. So her suspicion was correct. She was exactly who she feared she was to them.

Yumi
5EKHs0D.png

“K... Kalina?” She stammered, until the words hit her. This wasn't her friend, her teacher, this was someone that got caught up in the same body.

That's when Senna caught on.

Senna
WBaXcKL.png

“Wait, wait, wait... hold up... you're telling me... that this is the body of that friend you've been missing? The one you wanted to go find? Yet it's the soul or mind or something of someone else...?”

Theron
k1cqAPw.png

latest

He sighed deeply. “Yes. Yes it is.” He balded a fist. “The gods seem to be playing some cruel games with us. We've sealed Kalina's soul to avoid her turning further into a vampire and a monster, only for someone else's soul to get caught in her body and become the [monster] instead...”

A silence fell, Yumi clearly in heavy emotional turmoil, clearly struggling to digest the fact her friend's body had apparently been taken by some stranger that didn't even recognise her. Perhaps she once had any hope of meeting the 'real' Kalina again, which was now out the window.

Theron seemed deep in thought. He'd seen enough prove to know that Kalina wasn't the type of monster that needed immediate extermination, but this was still a tough situation to deal with.

Senna, having not known Kalina prior, was clearly trying to estimate how she should react to any of this.

With so many thoughts racing through their heads, the conversation had reached an odd stalemate, as they all sad silently, deep in thought. Possibly wondering how much they even believed of Kalina's words to begin with....

Sophia Smith

sample-e25e620a4ac0f2f48f2b6f686977373b.png

The blacksmith followed along, standing close to Kalina as she gave the explanation. She looked between the vampire and the hunters, before lightly coughing into one of her claws. After the attempt to draw the attention of the others, she said, with a small smile on her face, "You know, the first time I met Kalina was an... interesting experience~ You see, I was a blacksmith who had been hired by the Adventurer's Guild because I refused to join up with the Merchant's guild. They were much too controlling for me, to be honest with you. Then, while I was closed in the middle of the night, my door opened and some random gal walked in. Of course, that surprised me a small bit, so I used my appraisal on her. It's a skill that some people like me have. You see, I'm not from this world. I'm from a different, more advanced one, where blacksmiths were really a thing of the past. However, I had always pushed at excelling at that trade, which I was able to actually bring over here. But something else I brought over was a small bit of weirdness and an open mind."

She glanced up at Kalina before continuing, saying, "You see, I use that skill on every person that enters my store to make sure that I'm not selling to a criminal. That way, I can at least know I'm not selling to an unremorseful bastard. However, with Kalina, while she was a monster, she had no criminal titles on her. That meant that if she ever did drink from someone, she never took it by force. So I must admit, I grew interested in her. I let her suck some of my blood, mainly to see how it was like. To be honest, she actually was skeptical because she didn't want to hurt me, but in the end we came to an agreement."

She paused for a moment, glancing down at the ground before saying, "The next time we met was in an area I was in to search for some ingredients. Apparently in this area, a lich had been terrorizing the civilians, trying to build an army. So me, Kalina, and our band of misfits, including someone Kalina loved as a sister went through and defeated the lich, though due to some... interference, we could only destroy his power, and not him specifically." At the mention of interference, she glanced down and to the right, annoyance plain on her face. She breathed in, then out, before saying, "After we did that, I brought Kalina back and she helped me at the guild I was building up. However, I had things I needed to do, and she went to visit her sister. If she wants to explain what happened, she can, but the reason she came here was really to ask y'all about how to stop being a full vampire. While she knows most of our merry little band of misfits would be completely fine with her drinking our blood, she doesn't want to be forced to hurt us to survive." She crossed her arms before tilting her head back towards where they came from. "Now, the dryad was able to come back from being a thrall, so is there any way a vampire can come back as well?"

zzShion.png

Shion was thankful it was all over. The vampire was dead, the Baron was safe, and everyone else lived through the ordeal. On their way back to the Rusted Booze she'd been lost in thought the entire time thinking to herself. These last two encounters had shown her just how much of her power and ability had been sapped away from her. It frustrated her, it depressed her, nothing about the situation had made her feel better. She had to sit there and let Kelsey almost die because her healing prowess was gone. The monstrosities wreaked havoc on Cayde and Velvet because she couldn't summon forth the destructive flames she despised so much to turn them into cinders. Nothing, so little of it was still there. She'd let her mind flow through the abstract space of consciousness, wondering if this newfound ability was worth it. She was weaker than when she was just a kit. She couldn't protect anyone like this, and it sickened her. Her ears and tails were sagging the entire way.

Once the party was back at the Rusted Booze, Shion stood off aside from everyone, arms folded as she continued to think to herself. Cayde's pepping up did little to help Shion, she didn't really feel like she'd done that much. Velvet threatening the Dryad triggered her spirit guardian instincts and brought some life back to her features momentarily, but Cayde managed to calm things down before Shion needed to get involved. Probably for the best, Shion wasn't sure if she could hold back her words given her personal frustrations right now, best the demon or witch weren't on the receiving end of that, and her mood reset back to its prior state. She heard Kalina leave with the hunters and some of the others after Cayde said his piece, she was likely going to come clean to them about everything. She looked at Velvet a moment.

"You aren't the only one frustrated with yourself at how that went, Velvet, but it isn't the Dryad's fault. We were able to finish our job because of her in the first place." Shion said, although her voice wasn't filled with much besides a pragmatic reasoning.

Then Iberis spoke up about celebrating. "Celebrating...yeah...I guess we should." Shion managed a weak smile as she approached Iberis. Her ears and tails were still giving away how she was really feeling, but she tried to smile for the mage. She then heard the Dryad tell her story, and it brought a little life back to Shion as she spoke to her.

"I'm very glad to see you safe...we never got your name. I'm Shion. I used to be a spirit guardian, I watched over many different domains over my life, mostly forests. It wouldn't have sat well with me if we just left you to your fate. I should be thanking you for fighting as hard as you could..." As Shion said the words, her ears managed to pep back up a little. This Dryad just fought as hard as she could to wind up where she is now. If she hadn't even given an inkling that she was resisting, would this group have even tried to save her? Would Shion have thought her too far gone? Shion still didn't feel great, but she knew wallowing in her own powerlessness would just make matters worse. She shook her head, managing a brighter smile than before even though her tails still didn't have the energy to move much, but her ears were standing straight up again.

"I have more to thank you for than you know. If you need an escort back to your forest..." Shion paused a moment, realizing where her thoughts had just been moments ago. She couldn't make false promises...but if she had help...Shion looked at Iberis with a bit of hope in her eyes that she'd be interested. Maybe she could get some of the others to come too, she didn't know what their plans were either. She faced the Dryad again.

"I may not be as strong as I used to be, but it wouldn't be right of me to call myself a spirit guardian and not offer you protection back to your home should you need it." Shion then looked to Iberis. "I...hope I wouldn't be offering this service alone either."

CaydeEVO.jpg
Mentions: Elvario Elvario Silent Angel Silent Angel

For a long time, Cayde stood silently after Kalina's confession. His eyes worked between her and Sophia, one thing running rampant in his head. Kalina was an outsider. That explained everything: the visions of past lives, the friendliness, the trustworthiness. No monster could've ever shown those qualities to a human! Unless they weren't really monsters. Unless they weren't from this existence. Eyes beginning to widen, Cayde let the thought simmer, reaching into the depths of his memory. Malerie hadn't acted like a monster, and she'd spoken of otherwordly medical terms. Did that mean she was an outsider as well? And what if that didn't apply strictly to monsters? Sophia was an outsider, and so was Shion. But they hadn't acted differently from a regular beast or a fae. A bead of cold sweat ran down his neck. Was anyone else he knew an outsider? Was Kesh and Ceylan one, too? If so, why? Why were they all here? What did they want? What did it mean?

Cayde looked at everyone in the room before his eyes settled on Kalina. Shocking as it was that she was an outsider, what did that mean for her? Would this change anything? Would she still be someone to lean on - an irreplaceable friend? The questions hung in his mind like fog until two queries dissipated them all: If he were in this situation, would she still be the Kalina he knew? Would she have his back no matter what?

Blinking a few times, Cayde took a quick breath. The answer was surprisingly simple. "Wait," He interjected, moving to Kalina's side, "Look, I'm not going to pretend to know who the... old Kalina was. But from your descriptions of her, I can tell she was a kind, clever, determined woman," He looked at Kalina, giving her a warm smile, "In some way, shape, or form, I can tell you that aspect of her lives on within this Kalina today."

His eyes moved to the vampire hunter, "I remember meeting her on the first continent. I was with my apprentice, Kesh, looking for something there that could make me less... mundane. Then, amongst a few others, including Scylla, I ran into Kalina. And then we ran into a 'hag', who'd forced us all to do her dirty work: take care of a were rabbit, a banshee, an ent. And some hidden monster that could've been anything." He paused, considering his next words, "Of course, we were all skeptical, but we pushed through. And Kalina, from start to finish, despite being a monster herself, never once tried a thing." Cayde said incredulously, "There were so many opportunities to betray us. So many times to divide us when we squabbled. So many times to kill us when we were weakened. But she didn't do a thing. She'd only stayed by our side when we moved, fought beside us in our battles, laughed in the few times we laughed, and cared for us in a way no 'bloodthirsty' monster could."

He sighed, "Of course, there's the blood-sucking. But she even cares there, too. An average vampire - nevertheless a monster, would ask for permission to suck blood. They'd rip me to shreds and squeeze out the life from my beating heart. But not Kalina." He reached up and touched the small bite wounds on his neck, "I think it scares her, y'know? Taking something from someone and watching them deteriorate. She'd always been so careful, so grateful, so utterly selfless..." Cayde shook his head fiercely, "That is not how monsters are."

Biting his bottom lip, Cayde took another breath, crossing his arms. "I don't know much about these outsiders. I don't know how they exist in this world - how they can become monsters or whatnot. But there has to be a way to help them, to help take back control from whatever's within. I know you'd try if this were the old Kalina. I only beg that you help her now."

The Rusted Booze
Time: 8:45 Weather Sunrise
yongjia-final01.jpg
Mentions: Shion Sharena Sharena

???
JSix6Iw.jpg

qYy8TDC.jpg

Clear relief was visible on her face when some others calmed down Velvet. A bit of a smile displayed upon her face when Shion asked her about her name. “I'm Ayym Moonflower. It sounds like our job descriptions are surprisingly similar, although I merely watched over my own grove. I...” She fell silent, unsure of what to say with regards to being thanked for fighting as hard as she could. After all, it hadn't been good enough to prevent all of this to begin with.

When Shion offered to escort her back, she shook her head. “I'm afraid it won't be that simple for me. Although I was cursed and not in control, I still killed a great many people. The relation between the See and Widersia is already tense, so I'll have to make sure to carefully explain this situation. It's likely going to be a while, before I'll be able to leave here, but thanks to your help, I'll at least have a shot at it.” She let out a deep, oxygen rich breath. “Truthfully, I'd love to be back there already. This city... I hate it here. I miss the plants around me and the soil beneath my feet. The fresh air, the sounds of birds and other wildlife, the lack of Humans running around...”

She stopped herself, realising that might come across as ungrateful. “I'm sorry, I should already be thankful I regained control of myself and was broken free from that terrible curse. Although, if you're ever planning to head into the See, I must warn you. Our nation doesn't take kindly to Humans. Unless they are escorted by someone or have someone backing them, their lives can be snuffed out without any repercussions. Beasts are treated more kindly, but will often end up being on their own against the tricks and magic of our country.”

Kalina Chivernu

Mentions: Cayde The Last Curse The Last Curse | Sophia Silent Angel Silent Angel

It was rather odd to hear Sophia tell the Hunters about her. Especially due to the way she did so. If she'd have had more blood in her system right now, she'd probably have blushed a bit. Luckily, she'd been 'dieting' a bit after yesterday's, or by now, the day before yesterday's many 'meals' in short order. That said, Sophia's words, later Cayde's words, made her feel rather awkward. Some were flattering, some embarrassing... all of it was true. Especially that she'd been scared to take someone's blood. Truthfully, she wasn't sure what to add or comment, so she didn't say anything at all, for now at least.

Theron
k1cqAPw.png

latest

Yumi
5EKHs0D.png

Senna
WBaXcKL.png

It was clear they were sceptical at Sophia's claim to be from another world. Even so, they knew Appraisal well enough. Many (native) Fae possessed that ability, Yumi herself included (although not a high grade), so that part wasn't all that otherworldly or strange. The rest of her story, they clearly took with a royal dosage of salt. When Cayde spoke up, his comparison of the 'old' and 'new' Kalina seemed to got Theron a bit curious in particular. His mention of having been on the first continent, however, was met with looks that suggested pure disbelief. Even so, they kept listening in silence.

Theron was the first to speak up. “I've been with Yumi for long enough to know what she's thinking, also due to the fact I thought the very same, at the start of this. Namely 'who cares if she's good or bad, she took our friend's body from us, we need to get rid of her and get our friend back'.” As he stated it, he looked a Yumi, whom avoided eye contact, suggesting he was dead-on with that guess. “However, what made me change my mind, is how you described her to be. So....” He paused for a bit, looking at Kalina. “before I continue, how should I call you?”

She was a bit surprised, but having lived as Kalina for this long, she felt it weird to go back to being 'Alice'. “If it'd be fine with you... I'd prefer to be called Kalina. Although if that's too painful, Chandra will do as well.”

Theron smirked. “So, not your previous name? The one from before you entered into Kalina's body?”

She shook her head. “No, I'd prefer not to use it.”

“Then, let me ask you. We all saw how you battled. Truthfully, I wondered about it for a bit. Just how similar it was to Kalina. Then, your voice, your mannerisms... None of it seems to have changed. So... I want to test something. Please answer me quickly.” He didn't give her much time to prepare, as he rapid fired a few surprisingly simple and innocent questions.

“What's your favourite time of day?” “Sunset...?” She'd answered a bit baffled by this sudden interrogation, but it continued immediate.

“What's your favourite colour.” “I like a combination of the ones I'm wearing, black, red, golden and white... I'm not sure which one I'd love most individually.”

“You've never tasted actual food that tasted well, right? Due to becoming a vampire? Yet if you'd have to guess, which type of food would you think tastes the most delicious?” She paused for a short bit. “I would've liked to be able to try Scylla's cake, but... I think this thing called a 'baked potato' that I once saw, filled with some cream-cheese stuff, might've tasted amazing, were I alive enough to fully taste and digest it.”

“Final one. If Cayde or Sophia here were both in danger, at the same time, but in separate places. Which of them would you go and try to save?” She considered it for a second, then her [Critical] and [Roguish] nature kicked in. “I'd check which of my friends or allies is near one of them and would immediately contact the others to get them saved, whilst going after whomever is still in the most danger after I tried connecting to anyone and anything available.”

[Critical] Character has an easier time finding fault with anything and anyone. They are less likely to be caught speechless or without an opinion.
[Roguish] Character's actions can be seen as sly and crafty at times, they are not to be fully trusted yet come off as a very trustworthy person.

“T-t-that... That is...” Yumi stammered.

“Just a second.” Theron told her, before turning to Kalina again. “Now, be honest, how much of this do you think the 'old' you would've said? Before you became Kalina?”

The question made her fall silent. “I'm... not sure... I don't know...” She realised it as she said it, never having given too much thought to how much she'd changed since becoming Kalina. She'd always been too concerned about being or becoming more of a monster. Perhaps even that had been just as much the 'old' Kalina, who's memories she didn't have, but whom she seemed to have become in no small part...

Theron reached the same conclusion. “Here's what I think. I think Kalina and whomever you were, are fused. You didn't take her body from her soul, your soul and hers combined. Your answers are far too perfect to what Kalina would've said. You might not be 'fully' her, as you don't seem to have her memories, but through your personality, it seems part of her soul lives on. I'm not sure where happened and I won't suddenly rejoice to have my friend back, but honestly, part of me feels relief. At least, even without memories of all our time together and despite being at least partially someone else, some part of Kalina is still alive...”

Senna, who'd been silent all this time, finally spoke up. “As for your question, blacksmith, these two have been preparing all sorts of methods. I've got no clue what exactly is going on, but I can assure you, if they don't know about something by now, it doesn't exist.”

Theron nodded. “Yes, we've indeed investigated a lot of opportunities through-out the years. Even so, a vampire is far more difficult to treat or cure than a thrall. We've found four... no, three ways.” It was clear he corrected himself to avoid explaining the fourth. “One is to abstain from drinking blood altogether for long enough. We've theorised that the vampire curse, located in the blood, might run dry. However, truth be told, it's far likelier you'll starve to death before you cure yourself.”

“The second option is probably just as difficult. We've theorised that exposure to continuous light, holy or divine magic might rid you off the curse. Yet it'll be painful and torturous and it might kill you. Some extremely strong healing magic might reverse an undead nature, but it's highly unlikely you'll find someone able and willing to use it on you.” (AKA, can't be freely used as an NPC OOC either.)

“That leaves the final way we've theorised. Normally, you consume blood by drinking it. That blood gets infected whilst running through what remains of your digestive track. However, what would happen if you don't drink it, but inject it directly into your veins? If enough 'clean' blood floods into your system, whilst the 'corrupted blood' is forced out, the curse might not be able to spread through this clean blood fast enough to keep up. Whilst it likely won't fully rid you of your undead nature, it should, at the very least, bring back some of your old nature... That of a Lune Elf, in your case. You'd just need a large quantity of Fae blood to be sent directly into your veins for a few hours... Between all of us Fae present, I'm not sure if we'd have enough blood, even if we would all be willing to donate some, but it would be the least painful and likliest to succeed option.”

“I'll donate mine. Whatever I can miss. Even if she'd not Kalina... she's still Kalina, to some degree. I'm not sure what to think of her, but I still want to help her...” She spoke up, with both conviction and confusion.

CaydeEVO.jpg

Between Kalina's and Theron's back and forth, Cayde thoughtfully rubbed his chin. Kalina was the vampire-hunter Kalina, but not entirely, just because her otherworldy soul had taken control of a native body when she came into this world. His brows furrowing a bit, he glanced at Sophia and back to the door leading back to the tavern. Shion, he'd remembered, had said she'd died in her previous world before being transported here. But it sounded like she'd kept the same form between worlds - minus whatever abilities she had. So how does it all work? He thought. Was it just souls from different existences possessing bodies in this world? Or are people, form, soul, and all plucked from one world after death and dropped into this one? And most importantly: Why?

Shrugging lightly and smiling momentarily at the mystery, he tuned back into the conversation. The first two options of starvation and violent cleansing immediately made him shake his head. No. No way and no how would Kalina suffer more to cleanse her condition. The third option, however, sounded way more gentle. Therefore, leagues more palatable. As Cayde scanned the room of fae, however, he frowned slightly, "I think we should try the third option, too, but..." He paused, looking at Kalina, "What if it's not enough? Then what happens?"

Cayde crossed his arms, his eyes darting to the floor as the question and scattered solutions bounced within his head. Fae blood was just a bodily fluid enriched with a high concentration of mana, wasn't it? Where could they find more of that? "I've got two things," He said, holding up two fingers, "I'm no Fae, but I know magic runs through my blood. Perhaps I can find a way to diffuse more mana into it and supplement it for Fae blood. We could try with Scylla, Shion, and Iberis, too." Then, he gestured to the door, "If we have to use pure fae blood, though, we could always ask Kelsey. She's a halfing. And if we can explain the situation to the dryad, maybe she'll spare some?"

zzShion.png

Despite Shion's dampened mood, listening to Ayym talk raised her spirits considerably, enough to start having her tails swish about in the wave pattern they'd done throughout the day. She couldn't help but laugh after all was said and done, she'd finally found a kindred spirit!

"Ayym, you...have no idea how much I loved everything you just said." Shion wiped a tear that had gotten in her eye from laughing so hard. "I've also shared my distaste for this city quite a bit as well since I got here. It's lack of nature, the density of humans unable to give back to the environment they're robbing of its resources, among other things. In my position though..." Shion looked at Iberis and smiled at the mage, throwing her arm over the young woman and giving her a side hug briefly.

"I...I lucked out on the people I ran into upon arriving under circumstances against my control." She said happily, regardless of her present insecurities she genuinely meant those words. She listened to Ayym's self-criticism and subsequent warning to Shion before the kitsune folded her arms and sighed.

"I'll heed your warnings cautiously. Unfortunately I...I'm not sure what my next moves are." Shion's arms unfolded as she brought her hands up to her chest level and looked at her palms.

"I've been...so weak as of late. If I were my old self, I'd have been able to claim a home for myself without issue, and anyone that chose to harm my home or the spirits that resided there would face the consequences. Now though...I've lost the ability to adequately protect...anything, really." Shion's ears drooped as she continued, seemed what happened still weighed heavily on her. She closed her eyes as her hands turned to fists. "It frustrates me to no end, and I'm not sure what my next course of action even should be."

Shion fell silent for several moments, her eyes opening and one arm resting at her side while the other rested on her hip as she looked at the floor. Eventually she looked back up at Ayym. "Ayym...when I regain more of what I lost...would you be willing to host me within your woods? I would love to see your home."

The Rusted Booze
Time: 9:15 Weather Sunrise
yongjia-final01.jpg
Mentions: Shion Sharena Sharena

Ayym Moonflower
JSix6Iw.jpg

qYy8TDC.jpg

Shion's laughter was infectious, as Ayym soon found herself laughing along. Perhaps it was the stress from the past time finally finding its way out of her body, but she could barely stop herself once she'd started. After she'd eventually caught her breath again, she nodded. “Truthfully, I've got no clue how anyone can live like this!”

That said, she was rather surprised when Shion said she was too weak to protect anything. “Weren't you the one that was able to hear me when all others couldn't? I'm not sure how strong you were then and how strong you are now, but to me, you're an indispensable part of the group that saved me.” She smiled at Shion's next request. “It's very rare for outsiders to be welcomed in a our groves, but if I make it back to mine alive and well, I'll promise I'll welcome you and ones you've lucked out on running into with open arms.” Truth be told, she wondered just how big the 'if' was going to be, fearing she'd be stuck here for the aftermath for a long while.

Theron
k1cqAPw.png

latest

Cayde's 'what if' question hang in the air for an awfully long time. Eventually, he spoke up. “In the best case scenario, you'll all be light-headed for a bit and she'll remain unchanged. In a worst case scenario, the blood in her veins will start to clash with her cursed blood and make her feel like her veins are on fire, which might cause permanent damage, but I'm not sure. Most likely, however, is that she'll, at the very least, recover part of her former being. If the blood's too little, it simply won't be all of it and might be faded out again afterwards.”

Senna
WBaXcKL.png

Upon Cayde's mention of using the dryad, Senna laughed. “Ahahha.. Oh... sorry. I thought that was some sort of joke to ease the tension.” She apologised, realising her mistake. “Dryads don't exactly have blood, they've got plant sap in their veins. I doubt that'll be healthy, even for a vampire. To that extend, I bet even her infection happened differently than how you'd infect another being, but we'd have to ask her later.”

Kalina Chivernu

After those conversations ended, Kalina herself spoke up. “I know Sophia would kill me if I said I'd be okay with the first two options, so I'd like to try the third. Sophia's capable of regaining blood rather quickly, so if we'd just collect it for a while, it might be enough, right?”

After a bit of pause, Theron nodded. It should be. In theory.

The Crazy Crafter
Widersia – Capital – Clockhaven – Droid's Row – Workshop – The Crazy Crafter
hkUhQANU6gAOVh3RMwN2--2--05f02.jpg
Time: 20:15 Weather Sunrise

It was evening again by the time everything had been set up. They'd closed off the workshop to ensure nobody would enter and used its materials to set up an emergency 'blood transfusion' system. Kelsey had offered to lend her blood. Between Kelsey, Yumi, Theron and mostly Sophia, they felt like they should have enough.

Kalina, nervous as she was, got told to bite down in a piece of leather just in case... which turned out to be needed.

It was like fire itself entered her veins. Having one arm pierced to let her cursed blood out, whilst the other was pierced to let the clean blood it, wasn't painful at all. Yet when the first clean blood directly made it felt like pure toxins. It ached, it hurt, it itched, it burned... just about every mixture of horrendous feeling. She could feel it spread through her veins. Yet she didn't want to give up just due to some discomfort. She groaned in pain, biting down hard in the leather whilst her nails were digging into the chair she'd been seated in until she bled.

As if the physical pain wasn't enough... [Sister's Shattering] happened again. She could hear Renee's voice clear as day. “So you're throwing it out for real then, aren't you? Such a waste of power. Such a foolish mistake.”

Kalina didn't bother to answer.

“Think about it. Who are you? Are you Alice Baker? Are you Kalina Chivernu? Are you neither? Are you both? All you know for sure, is that if you do this, you'll end up being more Kalina and less whomever or whatever you might've been on your own.”

She still didn't reply.

“Is that truly what you want? To let go of this power, of this current self?”

She just nodded. Then the voice went, as if having given up. She wasn't sure if she was done with it for good, but for now, it seemed to back off.

In the end, it took 3 torturous hours. It looked like the blood would almost run dry, like she would fail on multiple occasions....

Eventually, the process was done.

Kalina Chivernu

Oddly enough, despite becoming livelier, her skin had only gotten paler. It was likely the 'Lune' part of having been a Lune Elf coming back into play. Her ears were slightly pointier as well. She sighed, as she could sense it. “It was as expected. Part of her was relieved. She'd become less of a monster. Another part was disappointed. She was still a monster in part. “I can sense it... I'm still part monster. Yet... lesser so.”

Upon returning to the others, she'd thank them until they asked her to please stop thanking them. After all, this hadn't been possible without their aid. That said, she was tired beyond belief after all this experience... So Sophia's command to have a time-out didn't feel like that much of a bad idea. Still, with her newfound self, she'd have to see where her journeys would take her.

Aftermath.

With the vampire recruiter being defeated, peace returned to the outskirts of Clockhaven. Baron Fromm was still alive and well. The dryad had a lot to explain, but she also had a lot of evidence to back up how she'd been cursed and argue for her story. The group would be rewarded for their efforts and send on their ways. The vampire hunters decided to go their own ways after confirming Kalina had indeed remained less of a monster in nature, having become part fae, a half-monster now.

The End.

Thank you all for having been around for this trilogy. I hope you've been able to enjoy it, as it was an honour to have y'all on board for so long. Whomever wants to host something next that they want Kalina involved in, let me know, as I'll be taking a break from narrating with her for a bit and just join other things. I might narrate something big with one of my other characters in the near future though.

These are only suggestions, please wait until a grader confirms them before adding them.

Narrator bonus worth = 42 points (From having multiple A-grade characters.)

Quick note to the grader; considering the RP ended being more than two parts, with a third part soon following and no titles having been granted in the previous part, I'll carry over the title suggestions into this last part. As of writing, part 2 hasn't been graded, so for ease of memory, the sugestions of skills from part 2 will be added with a [From part 2] as well.

Generally applicable to all characters:
Title: [Widersia Adventurer F/E/D] – Character is an adventurer of the Widersia adventurer guild. Known for being proficient in a number of terrains, Widersia adventurers tend to be diverse and capable.
Grade F - Characters are still learning the basics. They may not be fully equipped or able to handle many quests by themselves.
Grade E - Character has shown promise for the life and is no longer required to participate in basic training or mundane odd jobs. While they still have a ways to go, they at least know the basics now.
Grade D - Character knows all the basics, has been on some adventures and shows themselves to be competent. They are only missing experience and a speciality that sets them apart in the guild. They are considered a full fledged member and can be called upon for most standard missions even if just as a supporting role.

Kalina Chivernu
The final part of her Dhampir intermediate racial evolution RP series.
(Dhampir - Abomination, Intermediate – Monster/Fae
Martial Skill [Fighting Style] C (28 points) | Deception F | Stealth F
Additional: Vampire Title = Feature [Blood Drinker], Resilient F [Ageing], Feature [Fangs] or Natural Weapons [Fangs]
Description; An intermediate vampire variant that's Half-Monster, Half-Fae. tethering between both natures and using a combination of marital arts, deception and stealth to survive.)

Cayde Whitinger
Title: [Self-cultivating] – Character is constantly trying to reflect on their past actions for the sake of bettering themselves. They are likelier to find flaws within themselves, but also likelier to learn to mitigate them and to avoid repeating mistakes.
Title: [Solution Seeker] - Character regularly displays and interest and puts for effort in trying to solve the various problems that plague the world. Character will have an easier time uncovering problems that need help.
Title: [Earnest] - Character has shown a willingness and drive to work hard for others.

[From part 2] Skill: Magic E =>D – 7 points from narrator bonus.
[For this part] Skill: Magic D =>C – 7 points from narrator bonus.

Iberis Odhir
Title: [Reflective] – Character has a tendency to reflect on both past and recent events. They are less likely to act quickly, but more likely to act with care and with clear goals in mind.
Title: [Cuddly] – Character appears to be extremely cuddly. Makes them seem less dangerous and makes it more difficult for people to resist a desire to hug or cuddle her.
Title: [Mind Lessor] – Character allows another person or being to persist within their mind as a lessee, in exchange for their information or favours.

[From part 2] Skill: Deception [F => E] - 7 points from narrator bonus.
[From this part Skill: Magic [D => C] - 7 points from narrator bonus.
[From this part Skill: Drain [E => D] - 7 points from narrator bonus.

Scylla
Title: [Miss Purple] – Character's purple colours are eye-catching enough to make them stand out as someone to pay attention to, for better or for worse.
Title: [Morale Leader] – Character is able to help others keep up their morale and stay motivated.
Title: [Guardian Form] – Character has an alternate identity, transformation or otherwise alternate form that serves as their guardian.

[From part 2] Skill: Seduction [F => E] – 7 points from narrator bonus. For gaining another charming form (Velvet) to work this skill with.
[From this part Skill: Magic [E => D] - 7 points from narrator bonus.

Shion
Title: [Heavenly Fluff] – Character has fur that's soft enough to the touch to sooth and calm people that are allowed to be in contact with it.
Title: [Mind Delver] – Character dived deep into the minds of others. They are more capable of understanding the thought process of others.
Title: [Adapting] – Character is getting used to a new situation. They'll find many new hurdles along the way, but in the process of overcoming them, they might grow beyond expectation.

[From part 2] Skill: Focus F] - 7 points from narrator bonus. For being able to focus on diving into Iberis' mind and on calming back down her own emotions in various conversations.
[From this part Skill: Energised F - 7 points from narrator bonus.

Sophia Smith
Title: [Devoted] – Character has devoted themselves fully to a person or to a goal. They are less likely to lose motivation or willpower when acting in the interest of who or what they're devoted to.
Title: [Annihilator] – Character is known to have a trick, weapon or ability that can take down most foes in a single hit. Can be rather intimidating if threatening with this ability.

[From part 2] Skill: Seduction F – 7 points from narrator bonus. For having managed to actually deal with Kelsey at her own pace and for charming Kalina more often than not.
[From part 2] Skill: Resilience [Fatigue] F - 7 points from narrator bonus. For working night-shifts and continuing to work the next day.
[From this part Skill: Resilience [Fatigue/Drain] E- 7 points from narrator bonus. For having gone through enough blood-loss and regeneration to start growing a tolerance of being drained of energy and/or resources.

Last edited:
Isekai Hell Grade

Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong Sharena Sharena Silent Angel Silent Angel The Last Curse The Last Curse TheTimePiece TheTimePiece

Congratulations on finishing the storyline. Not only sticking out the rp series but vanquishing an evil threat to the city. After 3 rps, it is clear to me the npcs were more numerous than was enjoyable to read. Nice combat to close out the adventure with a crafty little component to it that made it more than just a 'beat up x monster' fight. The rp's served well in fleshing out a handful of areas in the capital and kinda gives a certain baseline to the country as a whole, granted not all the country is piped city. It's not really a vampire themed rp without some blood spilling of course. The ending definitely hammering home this was a vampire character piece. After some time off, it'll be interesting to see how this propels some of the characters forward. Noticed some of the characters using abilities they didn't have the skills or equipment to use, but perhaps that was due to mid-rp upgrades or something?

Aftermath:
Threat neutralized. Citizens of Clockhaven sleep just a bit better at night thanks to the Adventurer's Guild and its associated groups' efforts. The Airport among other facilities would be requiring some repairs and maintenance and would be up and running again after some down time. For buildings requiring more extensive reconstruction, more time would be required, but where there's a need and a will, a way would be found.

Rewards:

Kalina - 54pts
racial evolution title acquired [Dhampir] - Character has undergone racial evolution to the intermediate stage. C-grade character, Abomination Title, Monster Title, Vampire Title, Fae title, Martial Skill [Fighting Style C], Deception F, Stealth F. - When a vampiric infection has taken a hold of someone that hasn't fully let go of their original species, or of someone that regained the connection to their original race, it creates a half-vampiric creature known as a Thrall on mundane levels and a Dhampir on intermediate levels. In order to survive the world as half-monsters, they are known to specialise in martial arts, stealth and deception.

optional title acquired [Widersia Adventurer D] – Character is an adventurer of the Widersia adventurer guild. Known for being proficient in a number of cutting edge technologies as well has having a more refined education and method of operation, Widersia adventurers tend to be highly capable specialists in the fields of monster subjugation and threat prevention. Able to work in the confined streets of Clockhaven or the rugged wilderness between settlements, Widersian Adventurer's can be relied upon to resolve the issue without blowing up the city or burning down the forests. D rank Adventurers knows all the basics, has been on some adventures and shows themselves to be competent. They are only missing experience and a speciality that sets them apart in the guild. They are considered a full fledged member and can be called upon for most standard missions even if just as a supporting role.

Scylla - 25pts
optional skill upgraded [Magic E => D] - if user applies the upgrade, be sure to update earned points and spent points by 7pts.

optional title acquired [Widersia Adventurer D] – Character is an adventurer of the Widersia adventurer guild. Known for being proficient in a number of cutting edge technologies as well has having a more refined education and method of operation, Widersia adventurers tend to be highly capable specialists in the fields of monster subjugation and threat prevention. Able to work in the confined streets of Clockhaven or the rugged wilderness between settlements, Widersian Adventurer's can be relied upon to resolve the issue without blowing up the city or burning down the forests. D rank Adventurers knows all the basics, has been on some adventures and shows themselves to be competent. They are only missing experience and a speciality that sets them apart in the guild. They are considered a full fledged member and can be called upon for most standard missions even if just as a supporting role.

Shion - 25pts
optional skill granted [Energized F] - if user applies the skill, be sure to update earned points and spent points by 7pts.
(make sure you buy yourself a catalyst so you can use all your abilities with magic skill in them)
optional title acquired [Widersia Adventurer F] – Character is an adventurer of the Widersia adventurer guild. Known for being proficient in a number of cutting edge technologies as well has having a more refined education and method of operation, Widersia adventurers tend to be highly capable specialists in the fields of monster subjugation and threat prevention. Able to work in the confined streets of Clockhaven or the rugged wilderness between settlements, Widersian Adventurer's can be relied upon to resolve the issue without blowing up the city or burning down the forests. F rank Characters are still learning the basics. They may not be fully equipped or able to handle many quests by themselves.

Sophia - 25pts
optional skill granted [Resilience(fatigue/Drain'Vitality') E] - if user applies the skill, be sure to update earned points and spent points by 7pts.

Cayde - 25pts
optional skill upgraded[Magic D => C] - if user applies the upgrade, be sure to update earned points and spent points by 7pts.

Iberis - 25pts
optional skill upgraded[Magic D => C] - if user applies the upgrade, be sure to update earned points and spent points by 7pts.
optional skill upgraded[Drain E => D] - if user applies the upgrade, be sure to update earned points and spent points by 7pts.
(drain needs to be of a specified stat. Assume the Drain enhancement here is for that specific stat. Be sure to update your sheet with it.)

optional title acquired [Widersia Adventurer E] – Character is an adventurer of the Widersia adventurer guild. Known for being proficient in a number of cutting edge technologies as well has having a more refined education and method of operation, Widersia adventurers tend to be highly capable specialists in the fields of monster subjugation and threat prevention. Able to work in the confined streets of Clockhaven or the rugged wilderness between settlements, Widersian Adventurer's can be relied upon to resolve the issue without blowing up the city or burning down the forests. E rank Character has shown promise for the life and is no longer required to participate in basic training or mundane odd jobs. While they still have a ways to go, they at least know the basics now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back