• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Clockhaven City] Where The Blood Runs Thick

Iberis Odhir
c1c09798754ff7edcdb17e719dc490d4-1-1-1-1-1.jpg
Iberis smiled back at Shion, noticing her there. It certainly felt nice to have Shion along with them like that at this point. Shion had shown pretty well that she was genuine with her words based on what Iberis had seen, even if she was the newest of the people who had shown up to help Kalina, Iberis had only continued to feel safe around her. This was a big deal for the witchy youth after what had happened with Renee, Iberis just hoped that what she saw in Shion would continue to be genuine.
----
What everyone had said seemed reasonable enough as far as what their known skillset was to her, Chandra and Kelsey were no doubt capable of being stealthy, granted Iberis wasn't sure of Kelsey's striking capabilities, but she knew that Kalina was very good at hitting hard. Even though Morana wasn't exactly build for support or defense pretty clearly, her words further solidifying that notion, Iberis was still glad that she was there with them. They might need another with strong striking power, so she was glad that Morana was there too.

Iberis moved along with the group to the best of her abilities. They would just have to trust that Mr.S could handle the Dryad at the point of splitting up. Iberis didn't know all that much about constructs truthfully, but so far the construct had seem like another one who was genuine and just tried their best and earnest to carry out orders, besides seemingly having an endearing enough personality which helped. She doubted that a construct like Mr.S would ever want to do anything problematic.

She looked around at the surrounding environment of the strange architecture, even though she had been there for a bit it was still all so new and advanced compared to what she knew.

She saw the undead abominations in the distance, as well as someone who was pretty clearly identifiable as not good if one went off of surface level looks alone. Then there was that language which she couldn't understand, it was aggressive sounding, and was being used in a way which was upset based on the way she looked. Iberis looked to the group, seeing that Kalina disappeared and she quickly said to them softly.

"I'll curse the lot of them so that they'll be easier for a follow up..I don't think that peace is going to be an option with this group." She said saying it sort of like it was an unfortunate fact, which it was. Anyone who had been in this realm would know that these were obviously monsters meaning that they had to be dealt with accordingly. Not wanting to rush ahead into the danger and just start doing it quite yet incase it'd screw up someone else's plans. For now she'd be there with her staff at the ready to move into action.

Cayde.3.jpg

Arriving in the hangar, Cayde gaped at the scene ahead, grip intensifying on his crossbow. A familiar chill crawled up his spine as he observed the towering abominations wreaking havoc on the airship. These "things" couldn't have been people once. They'd been defiled by necromancy so thoroughly - what were they even supposed to be now? Cayde let the question hang in his mind as his eyes drew to another figure. She looked vaguely similar to the thrall, speaking in an unfamiliar tongue to these "things." Suddenly, his skin flushed with goosebumps. He'd no doubt of who she was. "There she is..." Cayde muttered, a weak chuckle escaping him, "Good thing we didn't need to find her, right?" He looked back to his party members and slowly back to the monsters. Now how were they supposed to approach this?

Cayde studied the abominations first. Huge, he thought. Probably could crush him between the pinky and thumb. Getting close without evading could be a death sentence. Then, squinting, he gazed at their legs. He'd heard tales of heroes felling giants from striking at their limbs, crashing them down, and keeping them vulnerable. Perhaps it wouldn't hurt to put that to the test. Cayde turned to the party, nodding to himself, "Aim for the legs on those big things. The knees, behind them, and the ankles might be good places to slow them down." Taking a moment to look back at the monsters, he said, "Keep your distance and stay on your feet. If one approaches, they'll probably going to throw their weight around. Try your best to get around them." His eyes moved to Morana and Iberis, "We'll need those curses badly, Iberis. And Morana, if you need to get close, I'd suggest you hit and run on the back of their legs - ankles, preferably. Once it's down, go wild."

Cayde looked at the woman next, lips pursing underneath her mask. Physically weak, heavily guarded, and adept at magic. What could've been done here? "Alright, for her, our best bet might be to isolate her. That means drawing those monsters as far away from her as possible. That'll leave an opportunity for Kalina and Kelsey to sneak in and strike. They'll always be the closest." Looking for the latter, Cayde paused. They'd already fallen into their roles. That was great. "She might attack us, too. Don't be afraid to retaliate if you think it's possible. It might serve as a good distraction. Otherwise, keep your distance until we've got those guards down."

His eyes landed back on the abominations, utilizing [Bestiary Bookworm - D] to see if his analysis was sound. He'd also attempt to spot any apparent vulnerabilities if possible. "I'm ready whenever you guys are," He flashed a quick thumbs-up, "We've pushed through before. We can damn well do it again."

• Bestiary Bookworm - Medicine D, Perception E, Nature D Survival E, Arcana E, Focus E - After spotting a creature, Cayde can recall useful information on its strengths, weaknesses, supernatural capabilities, and typical behavior. Currently works on creatures of C-grade and lower - Grade D - 2 post cooldown

Velvet

IMG_1039.JPG

Without further ado, Scylla, as Velvet made her way to the hangar, it was a bit arduous for the Oni, but she couldn’t complain. This was simply the witches life and she was doing her best to protect her, her debt depended on it.

Once at the hangar, the Oni paused to draw breath, however she wouldn’t falter long at all. “Excellent.” The Oni muttered with a grin. “She’s on the run, how.. fun.” The Oni would draw her sword, but a voice of reason and leadership suddenly brought her attention to Cayde. Once he was done with the planning bit, she looked back at the creature thrashing the hull of the vehicle as they tried to break through. “I’ll take one of those there.” She said as her gaze looked at the two like a bird of prey.

“Forgive me leader, but I believe it’s time to make our move.” The Oni would get within range, and cast a spell that suddenly came to mind. The Oni would wave her sword over her face before activating, [Action 1]
  • Demonic Gaze - [Magic E] - Magic Range E - Enervation F - Incurable F - Focus E - The Oni opens her eyes, before suddenly creating a waking nightmare causing the target to lose their concentration and cause Fear. -Grade E - 1 post cool down
Then quickly after she’d charge with katana in hand, roaring, she’d strike with, [Action 2]
  • Plague - [Fighting Style F] - Continuing F [Disease] - Contagion F [Disease] - The Oni Imbues her katana with a hellish curse, when the katana makes contact it infects the target, causing an illness that then spreads to other targets. - Grade E - Cooldown 1
Then shortly after follow up with a slash at the knees. [Action 3]

Sophia Smith

sample-e25e620a4ac0f2f48f2b6f686977373b.png

Sophia glanced at the others, a frown slowly crossing her face as she looked from them to the lady who seemed to be in charge. She pulled back the string on her crossbow as she asked, "Think that's the head vampire? I mean, I'd rather not use up my enchantment before finding out afterwards that I fired at the wrong gal..." She watched Kalina go before focusing once more on the enemy.

However, the choice for when to attack was made for her, with the oni instantly attacking two of the opponents. Deciding that using her enchantments on the wrong person would be rather disastrous, she instead fired off one of her High Powered Heavy Bolt - Grade B right at the head vampire, hoping that if she cut off the head, the rest of them would fail. Or at least she hoped to take out a more powerful opponent before it had a chance to harm anyone.​

The Steamwork Airport & Repair
Widersia – Capital – Clockhaven – The Steamwork Airport & Repair
Time: 05:10 Weather Slight drizzle
QH4yFAR.jpg

Combat rules now apply. Three actions per turn, please track cooldowns in your posts.

Although the distance to cross was rather far for Cayde to get anything substantial regarding information on the monstrosities, he did notice a few things. Medicine D/Nature; they were made of a weird amalgamation of corpses, something highly unnatural and grotesque. What worked against the living might not work against them. Perception E/Survival E; they were clearly dangerous types of undead and seemed slow but strong. Arcana E, Focus E; were they really moving by their own power?

There wasn't any more chance to prepare, as Velvet rushed in for the attack. Her plan was to get to one of the ones thrashing the ship, but as she sprinted towards them, the one guarding the entrance (#5) spotted her trying to sprint past it and swiped at her with its large clawed hand. The other two, to the left (#3) and right (#4) of the vampire spotted her as well, as they immediately moved in closer to protect the vampire just in case the demon somehow got past the first one. For now, however, Velvet would need to deal with a very strong (~B) yet somewhat slow (~E) attack heading straight towards her, with a clawed hand big enough to cover her whole body if it'd hit.

Sophia's attack didn't make it to the vampire, instead, it found it's way into one of monstrosities (#3). It was not entirely clear whether it was hurt or just inconvenienced by the attack, as even though the bolt pierced deeply through the rotting corpses it was made out off, it didn't seem particularly bothered by what'd just occurred.

Morana
HWvrQTS.jpg

With Velvet rushing in and ending up drawing the attention from the one at the entrance (and triggering the other two to defend the vampire), Morana was able to go where Velvet couldn't. The ship itself. With [1 Jump D] she managed to get past their opponents and continued to [2 move] towards the two thrashing at the ships hull where she'd finally [3 charge] up for an attack.

(D e 0/1)

Those who'd been paying attention could see Kelsey trying to move towards the vampire's left (near #3) as stealthily as possible. For now she'd just [1 stealth] and [2 move] whilst awaiting a better opportunity.

Kalina, meanwhile, was nowhere to be seen.

???
fK2bskO.jpg
Languages: #Monster#

#“More accursed interlopers!”# She shouted, a gaze full of anger focused upon those newly arrived. “Wait.” She suddenly spotted something. “You witch, you have the mark of a powerful undead on you. Who or what the hell are you?” She looked at Iberis as she spoke. Perhaps it was a distraction, but she sounded genuine enough.

Monstrosities status;
#1 – Unharmed, attacking ship hull
#2 - Unharmed, attack ship hull
#3 – Has a bolt sticking out of it, guarding vampire
#4 – Unharmed, guarding vampire
#5 – Unharmed, attacking Velvet

zzShion.png
Shion got lost in her thoughts as the group made their way for the Airship Docks. Once Sverre and the Dryad had left for the tavern, Shion couldn't help but wonder if she should've gone with them. The group she was with was fully capable of handling this without her, and that wasn't an excuse. She had seen first hand what everyone was capable of, but the Dryad...the Dryad was defenseless, and she knew the vampire was trying to keep her from sharing more info. Was Sverre really enough to combat whatever might try to deal with any loose threads? Shion was a spirit guardian, and with that a guardian of the forests she resided within, including the residents that dwelled there, and yet she didn't know of any forests to call home here in this world. Had she made the right decision? Every time she looked at Iberis, her mind said yes, but then when she'd think about it more, she'd start questioning herself again. Shion grit her teeth as they drew near the docks.

I can't keep at this forever, I'll just become a liability if I don't focus. What's done is done, I'm here now, and I'll do everything I can to protect those I did choose to fight beside...what I would give for more of my abilities to return to me...

--

Once they arrived, the situation was much simpler than Shion had expected. The vampire was just...out...in the open? Based on what the Dryad said she expected this to be more of a cat and mouse game. Instead it was more like a mouse being guarded by cat exterminators. Shion observed the monstrosities for several moments as she heard Cayde start formulating his plan nearby. Were they some kind of amalgamation of the vampire's powers? If that was the case, all that mattered was killing her, the monsters just needed to be out of the way for a clean kill. She noticed that Kelsey and Chandra were taking the stealthy route...and then the demon piloting Scylla's body rushed in headstrong and confident. Shion couldn't help but sigh.

Seems that the witch and the demon share impulsiveness as a common trait.

Things escalated quickly from there. Morana joined the fray as well, Sophia fired a bolt at the vampire that struck one of the monstrosities instead, and Iberis was preparing her curses for their opponents. Her eyes flared with azure one more as she [Mind Linked F] with Cayde who was still nearby thankfully. [Action 1]

"Cayde, you have my full permission to use explosives. In fact, using anything you can think of that'll separate those bodyguards from the vampire would be perfect. I think if we take out the vampire those horrendous creatures will cease to function. It's a theory, and I hope it's a good one. Now excuse me, our overly compulsive friend is endangering herself again."

Shion clasped her hands together as she focused on forcing her magic to take shape. Unlike how her magic had usually manifested, Shion forged her magic into the shape of a javelin, albeit possessing similar qualities to what she'd done before, and hurled the alternative [Magic Slash E] at the monster's hand attacking Velvet to blunt it as much as she could! [Action 2]

Then she heard the vampire speak common to Iberis, and not with words that made the kitsune happy. She shifted in front of Iberis, although she did not obstruct the mage's view. "I can promise you her answer won't help you survive any longer than you currently will, best make the most of the remaining life you have in this world."

Shion wasn't stupid, and prepared to [Evade] any magical attack that was about to come her way if the vampire was provoked by her taunting words. With any luck she might draw her attention enough over to them instead of the two people trying to get a clean shot at the vampire from the shadows. [Action 3]

--
Magic Slash - Magic E, Magic Range F - Shion conjures magical energy to attack foes within range of her. [0/1]

Last edited:
Iberis Odhir
c1c09798754ff7edcdb17e719dc490d4-1-1-1-1.jpg
Iberis understood Cayde's words pretty siwftly, yeah Iberis needed to get that out asap on those bulky undead creations, as well as on the vampire no doubt. Even if they had been created by magic or were being moved by magic they still had a physiology to them and her curse would still compromise their body's abilities to function at optional capacity hopefully and hopefully reduce their striking ability heft.

It didn't take Iberis long to see that Velvet AKA Scylla was going to be in trouble soon with the way the large undead were trying to hit her, Iberis had to act fast as things were moving so quickly it was dubious if the attack could be avoided so she felt that she needed to help soften it at the very least. Iberis very similar to Shion based on what she knew about Necormancery, thought that they probably needed to subdue the vampire as quickly as possible as that would probably cease the undead activity, at least she was hoping,. As ultimately they couldn't exactly prove until it was said otherwise who knew how related this things were or not with one another, If the vampire herself hadn't created them then it was very possible they would continue to function after she was stopped. All she knew is that they were working for the vampire at this moment and they were hostile.

Just as Iberis was readying her curse however, while she didn't understand the monster language, suddenly Iberis's eyes looked a bit..glazed over, as it wasn't exactly her voice which come out of her mouth it was more like a hybrid of her's and another voice which Shion would more than likely recognize.

"Did you make them yourself?..an earnest effort but these toys won't be enough, now that I have my sights on you I can't promise your fate won't be worse than had one of these mortal hunters dispatched you. A shame really, I feel we would have had many things to discuss over tea." The hybrid of the very old undead voice and Iberis' proclaimed, as a bit of an arguably unsettling sneer fell on Iberis' face. Whether or not the vampire could understand the words of the old necromancer was probably up to a good doggo.

It was almost as if she hadn't processed what Shion had said in that transitionary period.

Iberis' face then went back to normal with a serious determined and focused look chanting sounding normal again as her eyes came back to their usual hue, it seemed as if she hadn't even noticed what happened as she quickly used Curse of Weakness D to try to specifically hit the abominations which were targeting Velvet and as many she could get in the AOE including the vampire hopefully. If anything hopefully Iberis' unconventional interaction with the vampire would be distracting enough for those who were stealthing to strike. She might have also tried to fire a beam at the Vampire, to 'snipe' so to speak but didn't want to screw up those who were moving in's attacks inadvertedly particularly if the vampire was fast enough to dodge.

1. Curse of Weakness - Magic Affinity D, Curse Affinity F, Selective Magic E, Drain (Strength) E Magic Area of Effect E, Magic Range E, Spell Duration E, Energized D, Focus D
Iberis curses desired targets through a maliciously magic imbued chant in a 50 ft radial AOE placed up to 100 ft away afflicting them with a curse of weakness lowering their strength stat by two grades for one day. - Grade D - 1 Post Cooldown (Energized), 2 Actions (Drain)
Cooldown: D 0/1 (energized)

Cayde's nose wrinkled after observing the abominations, a sour taste forming on his tongue. It was bad enough that these things were walking piles of corpses, but their undead nature added one more loathsome problem. Poison wouldn't be very effective. But fire could. Gritting his teeth, Cayde glanced in Shion's direction. She'd given permission before, and surely she'd understand now. But maybe it wouldn't hurt to be sure. That may be what she'd want. But before he could utter a word, Shion's voice resonated in his head. Feeling his shoulder loosen as she spoke, he smiled, "Y'know, I was just gonna ask you about that. Thank you." Cayde looked to Velvet as another thought formed, "You're onto something. Scyl- Velvet's onto something, too. The vampire might be controlling those things. If we can force her to send them after us, she'll lose some of her defenses." He reached into his jacket with a free hand and pulled out an explosive vial, "I'd say we try it out."

As Cayde bolted towards Velvet, the vampire's voice reached his ear. The latent curiosity in her tone made his teeth clench. She didn't deserve to have any of her questions answered. Not after all she'd done. Still, he heard Iberis speak. The sudden amalgamation of her voice and someone else sent a jolt of adrenaline into his blood. When could she bend her voice like that? Was it magic? He shook his head, re-centering his focus on the abomination about to strike Velvet. Surely, that voice was just an act. A damn good one if it was.

Eventually, he'd make it near Velvet, far enough to stay out of the monster's swiping range, close enough for his vials to land. "Let me help you with that!" He called out to her, throwing two [Alchemist's Scourge - E] at (#5)'s legs, two more at its arms, and one center mass. Afterward, he bent the mana to only harm the abomination. "I don't think poison will work against these things," Reaching into his jacket, he prepared to create more vials, "But if we can immobilize them - take em' on by one... That just might work."

• Alchemist's Scourge - Magic E, Alchemy E, Survival E, Blight F (Fire), Continuing F, Steady Hands F, Focus E, Magic AoE F, Selective Targets F, Arcana E, Energized E, Magic Range F, Magic Targets F, - Cayde creates five sticky, magically-enhanced potions that explode into a 15ft wide flame once it hits a target. The fire causes burns that continuously sear but can also be manipulated to avoid unintended targets. Can be thrown up to 30ft - Grade E - 0 post cooldown

Sophia Smith

Sophia glared at the abomination that had blocked her bolt, deciding to deal with that one first. If it was already that hurt, it shouldn't be able to stand for too much longer. However, when those words came out of Iberis's mouth, she couldn't help but glance at the other girl, concern on her face. She fired off a normal bolt at the one struck with her previous bolt as she moved next to the witch.

"Hey. You OK? Need to fix some mental stuff?" She prepared to defend against blows as she continued. "It didn't sound like you. The vampire getting to you?" She glanced at the witch one more time before turning her eyes to the enemies, making sure none of them were focusing on her, nor her strange acting friend.​

Time: 05:10 Weather Slight drizzle
QH4yFAR.jpg

Combat rules now apply. Three actions per turn, please track cooldowns in your posts.

Shion's Magic Slash at #5 didn't do much, but it did leave some cuts along its hand and slowed it down every so slightly.

Iberis, by extending the range on the epicentre of her curse of weakness, was able to put its centre at a location from where it hit all the monstrosities at once, reducing the strength of all of them. The vampire was also within that range.

Cayde's Alchemist's Scourge had its vials fly straight over Velvet and straight into monstrosities #5. It succeeded at setting the entire thing on fire, but the latter didn't stop it from continuing its attack against Velvet.

Sophia's regular bolt pierced into monstrosity #2 as well, although far less deeply as the previous one had gone.

Velvet will be assumed to take the best currently available defensive option. Although the incoming attack was weakened in strength and by counter-attacks, it hadn't been negated yet. Thankfully, using the attack she intended to use last turn, [Plague F], she was able to swipe away the last of the attempted attack whilst putting a disease on the undead. The latter didn't seem to be type effective, even though it did start coursing through the monstrosity.

The monstrosity, however, suddenly started to spread some dark oil-like fluid (Trap C, Nullify Magic C, Tangle C) which would get anyone touched by it stuck and nullify any magic they'd got going on. Furthermore, as the trap was sprung, Iberis' curse of weakening was nullified. Anyone in melee range would be at risk of being covered by that, which currently meant Velvet would be forced to dodge from it.

???
fK2bskO.jpg

The vampire's attention was on Shion only briefly, as it quickly returned to Iberis, once the latter replied. Or rather, the person hiding within her. She scoffed at the words. “And here I thought I met someone more interesting than one of Ryke's failed dogs.” She replied, apparently at least somewhat familiar with whom or what she was dealing with by the sound of his voice.

“#You, go deal with that bug.#” She commanded, in the monster language, after which #3 lunged at Sophia, who'd shot at it before. Sophia would have to deal with an incoming Strength B-2 = D, Speed E attack.

Morana
HWvrQTS.jpg

(D e 1/1)

With monstrosity #1 having been focussed on the ship's hull, Morana had been able to [charge] for an action last turn and could now let loose. The combat arm's gears turned, twisted, pumped, released some steam... and the she jumped off, slashing through the things legs like they were butter. (Combat Slash B, charged 1) She managed to make it topple over after which she got onto its back trying to make use of its toppled status to cut off its head. However...

(B e 0/3)

Some dark, almost oil-like fluid suddenly started to spread from the monstrosity she'd cut through, covering Morana and getting her stuck. Furthermore, as the trap was sprung, Iberis' curse of weakening was nullified. (Trap C, Nullify Magic C, Tangle C)

Meanwhile, monstrosity #2 was still attacking the ship's hull, although with its strength drained by Iberis, it was progressing far slower.

Monstrosity #4 being unharmed, kept guarding the vampire, standing over her to be able to guard her from both sides.

Kelsey and Kalina were still unseen, likely not having found a good enough opening just yet.

Enemy status;
#1 – Legs cut off, trap C against Morana (and anyone entering melee range)
#2 - Unharmed, attack ship hull (-2 strength)
#3 – Has two bolts sticking out of it, attacking Sophia (-2 strength)
#4 – Unharmed, guarding vampire (-2 strength)
#5 – Nearly downed, hand wound, on fire (blight, continuing), diseased (continuing, contagion), trap C against Velvet (and anyone entering melee range)
Vampire – Unharmed, (-2 strength)

Blight - Generally this is a technique that enhances an attack in some way to deal extra damage if effective. +1 effectiveness per grade. ex: flames, poison, magicyte

Continuing - the attack has a means of causing ongoing damage. An acids or fires burn. The poison that courses through veins. This technique only applies to sources of damage in an attack and not other special effects. This technique can be used to inflict long term ongoing effects like diseases or curses or short term effects like pain. (ongoing damage does not get extended by spell duration)
F - target takes 1 hp damage on their next post

Contagion - a technique that can spread the effects of the first attack through contact. Ex: if target is lit on fire by technique, anyone that comes into contact with target will also be ignited. Increased grade of contagion increases number of potential infected individuals by 1.

Trap (with targets, put into monstrosity #1, #5 and likely more)- Action: 1 - technique that lays a physical or magical trap. Cannot be reused until triggered. Is assumed to be hidden when placed. Each grade increases the strength of the trap. Duration of entrapment is left to narrator discretion but cannot exceed time before next use of the trap tech core.

Tangle - Action: 1 - Ensnares target so they have difficulty moving or doing anything. The snare generally has a visible component (oil-like substance) that can be destroyed to prematurely end the binding. Strength of binding is relatively low but takes an action to break free from at minimum. Each grade of technique increases hp of binding by 1 with F being 1 hp. Duration of tech core is 1 post of target per grade. If out of combat, duration is up to narrator discretion.

Iberis Odhir
Iberis looked back. at Sophia a bit confused by the comment now that she was much closer to being back to her old self in that moment. "I'm..fine" She then looked back at the scene unfolding before her, she had to act to further assist her friends. They really needed Kalina and Kelsey to swoop in and either subdue or execute this vampire from the shadows no doubt..there needed to be a better opening. Trying to kill these large undead just seemed super ineffective. As long as Iberis' curse was going her cooldown would stay even if it had been negated on one.

Maybe Iberis had been thinking about this all wrong, maybe she did need to try to hit the vampire from back here, perhaps if the vampire moved to dodge, that would put her in a more difficult spot to defend against their allies in the shadows..maybe it was worth a try, if she could get a sightline, but the problem was that big one which was staying near the vampire, maybe she needed to target that first or try to incapacitate it, otherwise it'd probably just get in the way of her shot and take it for the vampire since that appeared to be one of it's purposes if it was staying near her like that. Perhaps if she shot at it that would be just enough to distract it...however just as that thought occurred she looked a bit glazed over again..as the hybrid voice came back seemingly not done, indeed Auldlich was a chatty one.

"That's awfully presumptuous of you..some goals are just grander and more time consuming than others..we all have different callings after all..with that said it's people like you who sometimes I wish I could work with..my many years of knowledge paired with someone who isn't afraid to completely dominate the will of others..we would be quite powerful indeed...mortals wouldn't stand a chance..you yourself after all recognized my presence as powerful when you became known of our presence no? I can assure you...what you sensed does not deceive you..and this one whom I've found..she might look typical but I can assure you her potential is immense...and we have only mutually benefited one another." Whether or not this was some sort of offer from Auldlich or him just talking about some sort of hypothetical was undoubtedly hard to read but it had been kept intentionally vague, given Auldlich's crafty nature it was definitely hard to tell.

When Iberis came back too she'd move forward if need be until Monstrosity #4 was within 30 ft's range and she had a sight line before moving her staff in a zig zag like pattern once more and firing off an Energy Bolt E at it, a red beam would come out hoping that it would at least react to it. She intentionally refrained from trying to hit the vampire directly this time around lest she get hit with some kind of powerful retaliation.

1. Move up as many ft up to 60 as needed to get in range to try to hit Monstrosity #4 with Energy Bolt.
2. Try to hit Monstrosity #4 with Energy Bolt.
Energy Bolt- Magic Affinity E Arcane Affinity F, Magic Range F, Magic Targeting F, Energized E, Focus E -A more refined more powerful variation of Mana strike, Iberis sends forth up to five bolts of energy to strike up to 5 targets up to 30 ft away. Grade E - 0 Post Cooldown (Energized)
Cooldown:
E: (0/0) (Energized)
D: (0/1) (Still in use due to curse still in use)

Cayde.3.jpg

As his concoctions did their work, Cayde took a few steps back, gazing at the abomination as it burned. Through his peripherals, he glimpsed Morana slashing effortlessly through another. He'd almost allowed a smile until he spotted the black fluid spewing from the monstrosities. "Blood?" He looked to Morana again, now covered with the liquid. Even from this distance, it seemed impossibly viscous, like a liquid adhesive. His gaze returned to the vampire, features hardening. She'd rigged these things against melee fighters, too. "We can't hit these things up close!" He shouted, beckoning to Velvet, "We need to fall back to the others. Come on!"

Re-positioning himself back near the flank, he heard Iberis speak again. Her voice took on someone else's again, yet this time, whoever was talking sounded far more egregious. Over his shoulder, Cayde peered at her. She looked like she'd 'snapped out' of speaking like that. This didn't look like an act at all. "Iberis, is this- are you alright?" He muttered, watching her step up to attack another monster. He looked at Shion for a moment and gave her a bewildered shrug. Someone else was at play here, he thought. First, it was Scylla and Velvet. What was going on with Iberis?

Cayde looked to the battlefield once more. The monsters seemed to be scattered about, only one defending the vampire. That's who needed to go next. "If that one gets close, we'll all strike with ranged attacks," He said, pointing at the scorching monster, " For now, let's go give Iberis a hand." With that, Cayde ran to Iberis, preparing five more vials of his [Alchemist's Scourge - E]. He tossed them at the monster's head, arms, and legs, bending mana strictly to harm the abomination (#4).

• Alchemist's Scourge - Magic E, Alchemy E, Survival E, Blight F (Fire), Continuing F, Steady Hands F, Focus E, Magic AoE F, Selective Targets F, Arcana E, Energized E, Magic Range F, Magic Targets F, - Cayde creates five sticky, magically-enhanced potions that explode into a 15ft wide flame once it hits a target. The fire causes burns that continuously sear but can also be manipulated to avoid unintended targets. Can be thrown up to 30ft - Grade E - 0 post cooldown

zzShion.png
Shion's eyes darted about the battle as things continued to progress. Luckily, the vampire didn't attack her, so she was free to take in as much information as she could. Of course, this was briefly halted as Audlich spoke through Iberis and left her teammates with concern. She sighed, hating that she wouldn't get answers right now, but she trusted Iberis, and she seemed to have made it this far existing with that thing up until this point.

"Cayde, Sophia, Iberis is fine. You'll have to trust me...that voice you heard is the reason we were able to save the Dryad after all." Shion's eyes then fell to Iberis. "I think we all deserve an explanation after this is over though, agreed? Now, back to the things trying to kill us and the Baron."

Shion couldn't help but sigh. Any time, girls...Shion thought as Kelsey nor Chandra had made a move, and they were trying their damndest to give them an opening on the vampire. Her sigh also helped her come to terms with what she was about to do, because in any other circumstance she wouldn't. "I'll be back."

Shion [Moved - Action 1] through the hangar as swiftly as she could, drawing close to Morana being ensnared by the creature's presumed blood, Shion used her [Magic F - Action 2 & 3] to create a small blade to try and assist Morana's escape, trying as hard as she could to help cut her free.
--

Magic Slash - Magic E, Magic Range F - Shion conjures magical energy to attack foes within range of her. [1/1]

Last edited:
Time: 05:20 Weather Slight drizzle
QH4yFAR.jpg

???
fK2bskO.jpg

She scoffed at Auldlich's words. “I'm here to recruit, not to be recruited. However, if you wish to serve, I would consider it. Know that my goals and the ones I serve are of a nature not unalike those that your masters had.” She said, even though the tone at which she said it made it very clear she didn't expect him to take up on it and was mocking him more than making a genuine proposal.

Iberis' Energy Bolt at #4 managed to hit it, doing some damage akin to a light bruising to it, but nothing more noticeable. It stuck to its task of guarding the vampire, right up until Cayde's vials came flying. That forced it to move forwards to avoid the vials landing atop the vampire as well. It instantly caught on flame, although once again, the fire didn't seem to immediately hurt it all that much, despite the fact that it kept burning. To make matters worse, it was now locked onto Cayde, as it seems to brace itself to attack him (charge 1) with something big soon.

Morana
HWvrQTS.jpg

She'd gotten herself in a lot of trouble. Her combat arm, her legs... all of her was completely stuck in the floored monstrosity #1. Try is she might, her strength was currently not enough to pull herself loose. Worse, even, was that it meant she couldn't defend herself when the monster was lifting up an arm and got ready to start squashing her to death. Her own [Jump C] was almost enough to pull loose, but not entirely, making her glazed out eyes stare at the incoming doom...

Right up until she could see Shion try to 'cut loose' some of the black blood-like substance that'd kept her. With all her strength, she pulled herself out of it, allowing Shion to slash through until she finally got just that little bit of edge needed, finally able to [Jump C] fully out of her entangled state before the monstrosity managed to crush her. “Thanks.” She spoke, her heavy breathing even clear from behind the mask. She'd just escaped death, hadn't she?

(C e 0/2)
(B e 1/3)

As monstrosity #5 was ready to slam down onto Velvet, the demon tried to make a run from it. Sadly enough, without an ability, counter-attack or friends backing her up, she could feel #5's clawed hand slam into her back and sent her to the ground. However, just as the crushing force of its strength seemed like it would completely crushed her, it let up. The fire, disease and earlier wounds had finally caught up to #5, as all of a sudden, it fell apart into chunks off rotten flesh, allowing Velvet to survive the counterattack, despite having had her back torn open with some nasty cuts and having had the air knocked out of her. That said, not short after it fell apart, black 'blood' started to regather. This thing wasn't dead, but merely incapacitated, as it was already starting to regenerate.

Meanwhile, #3 was about to hit Sophia, but the latter managed to brace for impact and let her armour soak up the hit with a [defend] action. Despite managing to survive the hit, she could feel her armour crack under the force and was shoved back a few feet. This likely wasn't going to be long-term sustainable. That said, she was able to counterattack at point-blank range, sending another bolt through the monstrosity which ended up sticking out of its backside. It was starting to look harmed from it by now, suggesting a few more might make it fall apart like #5 had fallen apart. That said, it wasn't done just yet, as it attempted to slam down onto Sophia yet again with a Strength B, Speed E attack.

Kelsey
vFt3xH5.jpg

m2cKMHe.jpg

Kensei

As #4 stepped forwards to defend the vampire against Cayde's vials, Kelsey suddenly saw her chance. She lunged forwards, attempting to give the vampire the full force of her new mithril hand with a [Blazing Blow], revealing herself and punching straight through... air. Not only that, as she could feel her fist connecting with nothing, she realised she'd triggered something, managing to brace for impact just in time. She'd trigged [Trap B] when destroying the [Illusion B] of the vampire, causing her to be hit with the full force of her own attack through a [Special Skill, Magic Deflect B], which sent her flying through the airport until she crashed into a wall and slumped down, burned and with a fair few broken bones. All in all, she was lucky to be alive.

Sadly enough, the current situation made their position even more dire. Not only did it look like these monstrosities were nearly impossible to beat, they didn't even know where the vampire herself was. That said, those with magic >E would realise that, in order to cast and control all of this, she truly had to be close somehow, somewhere. Yet there didn't seem to be any notable hiding places in this hangar either, meaning she had to use some sort of trick, somehow.

#1 was trying to get back up so that it could attack Morana/Shion, but with its legs still cut-off, it wouldn't be able to do so during this round.

#2 was still unharmed, still attacking the ship's hull, despite the strength curse making it barely progress.

#3 was trying to attack Sophia once again, with three bolts sticking from it by now.

#4 was bruised and on fire, but seemed to be preparing a big attack against Cayde.

#5 incapacitated, recovering 1/5

Vampire – unharmed, location unknown, must be nearby

Enemy status;
#1 – Legs cut off, trying to get back up, near Morana/Shion.
#2 - Unharmed, attacking ship hull (-2 strength)
#3 – Has three bolts sticking out of it, looking more hurt now, attacking Sophia (-2 strength)
#4 – Lightly 'bruised', on fire, central position (-2 strength)
#5 – Incapacitated … but recovering?
Vampire – Unharmed, location unknown (-2 strength)

Not noticing (somehow) that she had to get past another undead golem to get to her target, she made a costly decision.

As she charged, she noticed the monstrosity right above her, a giant claw coming down upon her back.

For all the injured she felt, she wouldn’t call out for help as the undead golem pressed her further into the ground as it clawed into her back.

However, it wasn’t as bleak as it was beginning to look like, as somehow the creature let off her a bit.

Her face bruised, and her back torn open, she crawled, then quickly tried to get back up as she staggered to get as far back as possible. She had overestimated, and this time, it was much more costly.

The demoness would look for cover, if there wasn’t she’d just stay as far back as she could.

Then she’d use [healing B] on herself.

Action 1- Get out of range.
Action 2 - Get begins cover

Cayde.3.jpg

As another volley of potions left his hand, Cayde saw Kelsey in the corner of his eye. He smiled as she got closer to the vampire, reared up for an attack...Then nothing. Blinking a few times, he did a double take, "What? How did that-" His breath hitched, dread filling his gut as he watched Kelsey flung violently backward. Through widened eyes, Cayde looked back to Kelsey's crumpled form and where the vampire stood. She was nowhere to be seen. She'd tricked them again.

"Goddamn, you!" Cayde seethed under his breath, his gaze darting rapidly around the docks. She had to still be nearby. Far out of reach, maybe, but still somewhere they could see. As he searched, his eyes landed on the monstrosity ahead of him. Something about how it braced itself made a bead of sweat run down his neck. Something awful was coming his way. Steadying himself, he quickly nodded in Shion's direction. She was right - there would be plenty of time to discuss Iberis' situation afterward. He just needed to be alive to hear it first. And they needed to be far away from what was coming.

Hopefully, with the monster's attention still focused on him, Cayde sprinted to the side, preparing to weave out of the monster's attack. As he did, a thought crawled into his head. If he'd gotten out of the way, then what? These things were almost impossible to kill, and the vampire was still who-knew-where. Cayde watched the monster and bit his lip. Didn't he know a spell that could help with that? How did it go?

Taking a breath, he steadied his focus, channeling mana into his eyes. As a dim, ethereal blue glow seeped into his peripherals, he chanted [Druidsight - D]:

[From primordial forests to barren wastes,
Fiends lay hidden; they know no haste.
Let my eyes reveal them. Let vision be their plight,
Enchant my gaze; grant me sight!]

The spell completed, Cayde's pupils dilated, concentrated mana flushing into the whites of his eyes. They tingled maddeningly as his perception was fragmented into five quadrants, each casting a distinct view of the surroundings as if his vision were extended in the cardinal directions. A memory of the vampire's magic replayed in his mind, and he attuned his vision to seek out a trace of that mana that wasn't the abominations somewhere or above or below him, moving three quadrants upwards and two down.

• Druidsight - Magic E + Arcana E + Magic Aoe F + Selective F + Perception E + Acrobatics E + Survival E + Nature D + Focus E + Medicine D + Steady Hands F, Magic Range F, Magic Targets F, Magic Duration F - Cayde recites a spell that temporarily boosts his perception beyond normal, allowing him to identify the vague positions of targets, what type of creature they may be, and what medical condition they might have in a 15ft radius. This technique can be split into 5 separate AoEs that can be projected in any direction up to 30ft. With selective magic, certain targets can be specified or ignored. Can last up to 2 posts/1 hour - Grade D - 2 post cooldown

Iberis Odhir

For now it sounded like the strange hybrid voice from Iberis had ceased talking back. Perhaps the necromancer had stopped being entertained by the conversation or maybe he was even insulted. He wasn't someone who had many mental scars only making it more difficult to gage just what he may or may not have been plotting. Meanwhile iberis continued to be pretty oblivious to what had been taking place outwardly with her expression. But she did appear to have a moment of realization when Shion spoke.

"He's fine if he said anything weird.don't worry about it..." She reaffirmed to Cayde, the statement intended for Shion and Sophia as well. She didn't really have time to get into the details of it all in this moment but she supposed now she'd actually need too soon enough if people were referring to what she thought they were.

She hadn't been expecting this to go the way it was. She had been trying her very best to set Kalina and Kelsey up for ideal striking conditions when she had attacked near the vampire to create an opening, It wasn't long before Velvet got injured, but who then thankfully was able to cast healing not long after, Iberis wasn't thrilled that her curse hadn't been able to mitigate more of what was transpiring now. Iberis really just needed to get stronger she felt in that moment. just then it looked like Cayde had done just that along side her.

But then BAM Kelsey went flying and missed her target completely because her target hadn't actually been there, making Iberis feel oh so very foolish in that moment..If only she had tried to strike it earlier she would have found out no doubt. Or could the vampire have faked that too by making the illusion dodge? Iberis really only had limited options here. She had to decide whether or not she was going to break the curse..but quickly decided against it, wanting wherever the actual vampire was hiding t continue to feel encumbered by it just to make their possible escape that much more difficult if possible.

"Kelsey!" She'd call out alarmed, unfortunately she couldn't do a ton not having healing. Someone else would have to help.

Iberis heard Cayde's frustration and felt similarly, these damn things kept trying to attack their allies all while they were unable to hurt her themselves..Iberis felt it was increasingly so they were going to have to severely injure or kill this vampire to preserve themselves..she had to be nearby. A look of determination fell on Iberis' face once more at this realization.

Iberis had to find out where that Vampire was and fast so she could call it out. Except she'd go for a different method, an ability which she rarely utilized, Appraising Eyes I. Looking in the direction nearby where Monstrosity #2 had been banging, since that was an area no one had been paying too much attention too yet it seemed, her eyes faintly glowing while the ability went into use. She was searching for the presence of the vampire, knowing that even if her appraisal was too weak to get detailed info on the vampire it would confirm some sort of presence in a more localized area no doubt. Exerting more effort on the big monstrosities seemed like an ill choice when she only had F grade available at the moment and wasn't in range to really be able to sufficiently help anyone with an F, the sooner they could stop the vampire the sooner this would all end..

1. Iberis uses ability, Appraising Eyes I Magic Affinity E, Appraisal F, Magic Range F, Selective Magic F, Magic Area of Effect F Energized E, Focus E, Grade E- 0 Post cooldown (energized)
Iberis observes her environment honing in on what's desired in a space up to 30 feet away in a 15 ft radius with a magical appraising gaze.
Cooldown:
D: (0/1)(Duration)

zzShion.png
"No problem." Shion nodded to Morana as she looked about the battlefield. The flames Cayde had spawned gave Shion pause for a moment, but knowing where they came from only spiked Shion's breathing a moment and little else after she regained herself. She hated that she couldn't help Velvet and Morana at the same time, but luckily the demon seemed to still possess the witch's healing capabilities. Kelsey was doing...much worse. Shion grimaced, again her present weakness clear to herself more than anyone else here.

Then her mind though of something as she watched these monstrosities. Could they...could they act just like those crystals? Shion got worried as she looked at Morana.

"Shot in the dark, think these things have an explosive failsafe like the Dryad's curse? Morana, it might be best if you recover the Baron and lead him out of the hangar. If nothing else, that means the vampire will have to expose herself to give chase since these amalgamations probably can't be commanded over a long range. Would hate to see this whole place collapse with the Baron in it." She could've shouted the message to everyone, but the last thing she needed was the vampire overhearing her idea since if she was right the last thing they might all see is bloated corpses and fire.

Her eyes then honed in on the one preparing to go straight for Cayde. "It's either that or we find her, Morana, a prolonged fight with these things is not the right move." She stated to the cyborg before she formed her [Magical Slashing E - Action 1] javelin once more and hurled it at Monstrosity #4's legs in an attempt to blunt its incoming assault at Cayde!

Shion then took an opportunity to take another [Magic Slash F - Action 2] at the monstrosity that just tried to kill Morana, seeing if she could relieve it of its hands before putting some distance between the monstrosities and herself as she moved herself back closer to Cayde and Iberis' location [Move - Action 3.]
--
Magic Slash
- Magic E, Magic Range F - Shion conjures magical energy to attack foes within range of her. [0/1]

Sophia Smith

Sophia growled as a third bolt stuck into the monstrosity, the fae muttering under her breath, "This lady must not have been a fan of that last fight." She felt like these things were pretty bad counters to her. She could turn them into pincushion without them dying, but on the bright side, it seemed like they weren't strong enough to do any damage to her.

She defended from attacks once more as she pulled back the string for another shot. She placed the bolt on the string before stepping back slightly, lifting her crossbow up, and firing another bolt straight into the monstrosity's head.​

Time: 05:24 Weather Slight drizzle
QH4yFAR.jpg

Velvet's healing was able to bring her back up to health with ease, making her as good as new again in no-time. She'd find some moderate cover being a the walls along the stairs going up the the side of the hanger.

Cayde's Druidsight showed him something odd. Whilst at first, all the monstrosities had looked exactly the same, with his Druisight, monstrosity #2, which was still attacking the ship's hull, looked ever so slightly different. However, even with all his skill combined, that was all he could grasp from it.

Furthermore, he'd not be able to enjoy the little victory long. His attempt to evade the charged-up attack was by far not efficient enough, as it came in hard and fast (strength A-> C, speed B). Monstrosity #4's arm started to give off a dark glow, before extending [Elasticity D] all the way to Cayde with ease, grabbing him in its clawed hand before further wrapping itself around him. The impact alone would've been enough to squeeze him to a near-death state, weren't it for the fact that Iberis' curse was still upon it and that Shion's attack had reduced its potential ever so slightly. Even so, the claws penetrated his skin, making him bleed, whilst the force of the hand and arm started to slowly squeeze the air out of him and was putting a fair bit of pressure on his ribs...

Iberis's guess was rather spot-on, looking in the right direction based on instinct alone. That was why, despite a lower skill usage, she too could sense it. Monstrosity #2 itself was somehow off, not being exactly like all the others. Sadly enough, for her too, that was about all she could make of it.

Morana
HWvrQTS.jpg

B e (2/3)

She was trying to get all the tangling black blood from her combat arm whilst listening to Shion speak, during this short moment of respite they had before the monstrosities might come at them again. She'd been visibly shocked to see Kelsey fly. They might not like one another, but seeing an ally get sent flying like that wasn't fun even by her own standards.

“It seems like only that illusion had one. Setting up multiple strong traps like that shouldn't be possible, and the one over there” (#5) “seems to have fallen without exploding.” She tried to surmise from what she'd been seeing happen on the field.

She looked to the ship. “If he's locked in there, opening it up to get him out of here would give the monstrosities a way to get to him.” That was a risk she wasn't eager to take.

Shion's attack on #4 managed to stop it from outright taking Cayde out, but not from having it severely injure him. Meanwhile, her attack against #1 helped to avoid it from regenerating its legs for this round, but it wasn't enough to separate its hands. Morana, however, saw the intention and managed to use Claw Attack C against it to continue what Shion had started, cutting off its hands.

Monstrosity #3 and Sophia exchanged blows yet again. Thanks to still being cursed with reduced strength, it still didn't manage to break through the armour. However, even the following head-shot didn't seem to down it just yet. It was going in for yet another attack against Sophia, either unable to realise the folly or unable to 'think' this through, whilst it looked like it might be on its last legs for a bit.

Enemy status;
#1 – Legs cut and hands off, trying to get back up, near Morana/Shion.
#2 – Different? Unharmed, attacking ship hull (-2 strength)
#3 – Has four bolts sticking out of it, seems to be close to downed, attacking Sophia (-2 strength)
#5 – Incapacitated, recovering (2/5)

Cayde.3.jpg

Cayde's perception bounced between each monstrosity before finally settling on the one attacking the ship. His brows raised as he scanned it, new speculations forming in his mind. That one hadn't moved from the hull at all. Even the illusion hadn't sent it after them. Perhaps because it wasn't commanded to, he thought. Its only purpose was to break through. He clicked his tongue at that conclusion, quickly shaking his head. Why would the vampire make this specific one different? What or who was hiding in this thing? "Only one way to find out." He thought, watching the braced abomination through the corner of his eye. Everyone would need to hear about this. He'd just have to avoid-

It moved too quickly. Cayde's feet barely left the ground before a crushing grip enveloped him, searing pain raking at his skin. Sucking in air through his teeth, his eyes widened desperately as he tried holding back the urge to scream. Every breath felt like agony. And it could only get worse. Pushing every thought into the back of his head, Cayde slowly took a large breath, "Don't exhale! Don't exhale! Don't exhale!" His head swiveled to each party member, jolts of pain stabbing unbearably through his neck. A familiar sense began creeping into the corners of his consciousness. They needed to know. Even if he wasn't here anymore - they could still finish this. He'd no doubt in the world they couldn't.

"The one...attacking...the ship..." Cayde wheezed through clenched teeth, "K-Kill...it!" Then, after looking down at his constricted body, he tried closing his eyes, focusing on holding his breath, breaking control on [Druidsight - D]. No spell in the grimoire could help here. But maybe something more mundane was the key. With that in mind, Cayde squeezed his legs and shoulders in together and, with careful twists, attempted to wriggle his body out of the abomination's grasp. [Energized E + Acrobatics E + Focus E]. He'd hoped his blood would add a little bit more slickness...

(Duration: Cancelled)
  • Druidsight - Magic E + Arcana E + Magic Aoe F + Selective F + Perception E + Acrobatics E + Survival E + Nature D + Focus E + Medicine D + Steady Hands F, Magic Range F, Magic Targets F, Magic Duration F - Cayde recites a spell that temporarily boosts his perception beyond normal, allowing him to identify the vague positions of targets, what type of creature they may be, and what medical condition they might have in a 15ft radius. This technique can be split into 5 separate AoEs that can be projected in any direction up to 30ft. With selective magic, certain targets can be specified or ignored. Can last up to 2 posts/1 hour - Grade D - 2 post cooldown

Iberis Odhir
Iberis was alarmed when Cayde got attacked by the monstrosity, as she had been very focused on trying to find the vampire, as she turned to him alarmed. "Cayde!" Seeing the thing try to literally squeeze him to death certainly wasn't ideal. Now there was no way Iberis could cancel the weakness curse, she couldn't risk him getting killed because she let it go full force. She had been tempted to use her magic almost immediately to attack the monstrosity which was attacking him but decided against it when she heard him say to kill the one which was attacking the hull. She had a strange sense after her ability that this one was the one that they needed to take care of now, perhaps it wasn't just a monstrosity at all but something far more important which they needed to target.

Iberis would ready her staff before she'd start getting ready to do her gestures. It became pretty obvious this had all been some kind of trick all along, they'd be fighting the ones keeping their attention while this evidently not exactly monstrosity tried to break through the hull, and since it hadn't been posing them any immediate danger of course they'd focus on the ones that were. Well the time for that had stopped. Iberis honed in on her target, blocking out much of what was going on around her, she was limited in what she could do to help additionally beyond the curse with her D on cooldown, but for now she'd fire an Energy Bolt E, red arcane energy forming at the tip of her staff as she made the zig zag before firing it off, aiming for Monstrosity #2 's torso since that was the biggest target area, her red energy bolt going flying, if possible she'd send another one at the same time from the tip of her staff, a second one would go toward the general direction of Monstrosity #4.

" There's something different with that one from all the others! Attack the one attacking the ship Hull!" She'd call out louder incase Cayde's strained message wasn't getting to everyone else. Of course she only proclaimed this after she had committed her attack not wanting to tip off whatever this thing ended up being.

1. Move slightly to get a good shot if need be.
2. Fire Energy Bolt E at Monstrosity #2 and #4.
Energy Bolt- Magic Affinity E Arcane Affinity F, Magic Range F, Magic Targeting F, Energized E, Focus E -A more refined more powerful variation of Mana strike, Iberis sends forth up to five bolts of energy to strike up to 5 targets up to 30 ft away. Grade E - 0 Post Cooldown (Energized)
Cooldowns:
D: (0/1) (Duration)

Sophia Smith

The blacksmith growled at the monstrosity that had kept on attacking her. However, as one member gasped something out and another clarified what he said by yelling it, the fae decided to throw caution to the wind. If it was this important, it would be worth using her enchantment for. She just hoped the vampire didn't jump out and yell surprise before trying to murder her right after she did it.

She dodged past the monstrosity, stepping to where she could get a clear shot as her crossbow began to shine from the stones imbedded into the mithril. She smoothly brought it up, aimed at her target, and then fired. This time she aimed for the arm, just in case this was secretly the vampire in disguise and they wanted to, for some reason, save this one as well.

A loud SLAM sounded out, closer to a gunshot than what would normally come from a crossbow, as she fired out her Immobilization shot. The same effect occurred as it struck home, the cords wrapping around and sapping the strength out of her opponent, leaving it weak and vulnerable to anyone who decided to strike out at it. Once she did that, she spun around, trying to focus once more on the opponent that was much closer to her.​

Time: 05:30 Weather Slight drizzle
QH4yFAR.jpg

Cayde didn't manage to break free, but he did manage to ease up the pressure on his body a bit.

Meanwhile, Iberis fired at #2, only to realise that it was, in fact, a monstrosity like any other. After all, the bolt hit it and caused a bit of damage just like the bolt at #4 had done, comparable to a bruise at worst, but little more. Even so, her own and Cayde's words had some effect. Namely that #2 stopped attacking the hull and turned to... leave? Was it planning to flee?

If it was, it wasn't given a chance to do so. Sophia's immobilization shot hit #2 like a truck. Except worse, as this truck spawned ropes that tied it up as well. It was somehow, somewhat alive, but near-dead. Well more 'dead' than it had been prior to this attack, at least.

Enemy status;
#1 – Legs cut and hands off, trying to get back up, near Morana/Shion.
#2 – Near dead, immobalized.
#3 – Has four bolts sticking out of it, seems to be close to downed, attacking Sophia (-2 strength)
#5 – Incapacitated, recovering (2/5)

The attack, however, was preceded by a certain someone having to give up on her trick...

???
fK2bskO.jpg

Out of the mangled amalgamation of corpses that was monstrosity #2, the vampire, this time the real one and no illusion, was ejected just before the bolt hit. A look of concern on her face, as she briefly looked over the group. She seemed to hesitate a moment, as her enemies were in a bad shape, but she diced to place it safe. Taking her loss, she set out to run off... Only to feel herself being pierced a rapier.

Chandra Jarmil

This had easily been one of the toughest things she'd done thus far. Having to wait and stand=by while her friends were fighting, unable to try to help them, unable to try to annihilate the threads... She hadn't liked it. Even so, she knew that was exactly where here strengths were at. She'd been ready to jump in on multiple occasions, but Kelsey's demise once again showed her how important it was to be careful. It's why she was relieved when her target finally revealed itself, clear as day.

[Precision Strike B: – Fighting Style [Specialized] [Precision Strikes] B, Accurate B, Penetrating B, Range C, Continuing [Vampiric Infection] B, Contagion B. Character attacks with their fighting style, ignoring 5 grades of speed, 5 grades of armour, reaching 1000ft (304m), continuing to deal 1 hp damage for 5 posts and spreading to up to 5 others. - Grade B – 4 Post Cooldown

Her fellow vampire didn't stand a chance. Impaled upon her rapier, Kalina's strand of curse running through her veins and messing with that of her own. The rapier having pierced through her heart like butter.

“#T-traitor...#” She groaned, breathing heavily. However, she suddenly started to try casting some sort of spell... which failed. Before Kalina could even interrupted, it seemed like whichever back-up plan this vampire had was foiled by other means. Perhaps the cured thrall, perhaps the defeated undead at the scrapyard, or perhaps the doing of the reinvigorated vampire hunters. Whichever it was, her failing back-up was likely the results of events set in motion prior to this encounter.

“#May the queen of blood torture you for an eternity.#” She spoke, using the last of her strength to curse Kalina.

“#She wouldn't be the first to try, nor would she be first or last to fail and keep failing.#” She replied, almost on instinct, as she saw the last of the life slip away form the enemy undead. As the vampire breathed her last, the monstrosities turned back into what they were almost instantly; piles of corpses.

Cayde could breath in the (rotten) air again, amidst a pile of corpses that used to be the monstrosity gripping around him. The others, though some (like Kelsey) badly harmed, had lived as well.

“Is everyone alright..?” She's ask, looking around. Luckily enough, they would soon be. (I'll take some narrator freedom and say that it's safe to assume Velvet or Scylla would use her healing on those injured when asked, meaning everyone will be fixed up with just some blood loss and/or exhaustion remaining.)

Not only that, but they had caught a bonus. Upon making double-sure that the coast was clear, the baron revealed himself.

Baron Fromm
oVyKVQj.jpg

“It seems the timing with which you wrapped up your mission of defeating the vampire was just within adequate limits, for which you have my gratitude.” He'd speak first. “I hope my assistant has been of more aid than she'd been just now? Either way, I should file a report on this incident. I'll have Morana fill me in on the details, the rest of you can go rest. I'll sent your rewards to the inn you'll be staying at when they've been decided upon.” He stated, before he ended up leaving with Morana in tow. The latter only had time to give a short farewell.

Morana
HWvrQTS.jpg

She gave them a bow. “Thank you all for having had me. You've shown me that, perhaps, there is still more in life for me than bloodlust and missions.” It was probably the sincerest she'd sounded through-out all the time they'd been together, so much so that even her mask didn't do much to reveal some emotion in her voice. Just like that, she was up and left them. Their odd relation coming to an abrupt end. Although, perhaps, they might one day meet again.

The Rusted Booze
Widersia – Capital – Clockhaven – Droid's Row – Bar - The Rusted Booze
Time: 8:15 Weather Sunrise
yongjia-final01.jpg

Exhausted and weary, yet victorious and satisfied, the rest of the group managed to make their way back to the Rusted Booze. It was already later in the morning, after a very long and exhausting night. They were surprised to see the Dryad awake, with Mr.S. dutifully watching over her. However, the latter would instantly rejoice upon miss purple and mister beak, along with the rest of the group, even more so when they confirmed miss claw as also doing fine.

The vampire hunters arrived shortly after them, looking like they'd been through a fair bit of a battle of their own, but they'd live and recover. After a short explanation, it was revealed Yumi had caught up on a 'thread' of magic the vampire had used to keep tabs on the thrall. However, rather than it leading back to the vampire itself, it'd led to one of her back-up plans. With the vampire hunters having discovered it, the vampire herself decided to move her plans forwards and had been triggered to try take out the Baron. That's when the others got informed. The vampire hunters had been able to deal with their own battle only moments before the group had finished theirs, the double-fronted defeated, the earlier reduction of forces in the scrapyard, the curing of the Dryad, all eventually led the vampire to be taken down for good without extra fail-safes to rely on.

That left only one more thing to do. To come clean about who she was and about how to 'fix' that. She turned to Cayde and Sophia. The most intelligent and capable man she knew and the most devoted woman she knew. If there were any two people she'd want along for this, it was these two. “Theron, I'd like to speak with you, Yumi and Senna for a bit, along with Cayde and Sophia. In private, if possible.” She'd ask, her voice shaking a bit. She was nervous. No amount of deception could hide that. She looked at Cayde and Sophia for some support, as she feared the many ways in which this final stretch could turn out wrong...

[OOC note, knowing that Scylla, Iberis and Shion might not be available, I'd be fine wrapping things up with just Sophia and Cayde for the last two rounds. The others can always get a post in, reacting to these events and/or interacting with Kelsey, Mr.S., the Dryad or with each-other, but this way, there should be no need/pressure to do so when not possible.]

Sophia Smith

Sophia grimaced as she saw out of the corner of her eye her bolt hit just after the vampire began to flee. She began loading up another one just in time to see Kalina finish the vampire off. When she turned her full attention back to the monstrosity, she saw it was already turning back to the corpse it should have been with all those bolts sticking out of it. She didn't even try to retrieve them, deciding they were also left for dead, and instead she walked over to Kalina. One of her claws shot out, grabbing the girl by her collar, and dragging her down until she was face to face with the blacksmith, who gave her a glare. After a few moments, she said, "You, missy, are getting put in time out when we get back to my castle. No depressing adventures to places that bring up bad memories, no risking your life a bajillion times, nothing. You are going to have fun and I am going to see a smile on your face whenever I turn a corner and you're there. Got it?" She gave the vampire a glare for a few more moments before letting go of her collar and beginning to head back to the Rusted Booze.​

As the Vampire Hunters explained where they had been, Sophia would have given them a thumbs up, but having no thumb to do it with, instead she gave them a simple, "Nice job!" Before turning to Kalina. She listened to the request, an eyebrow raising, but she gave a small nod, saying, "Whatever you need to say, I'll be alongside you, then." She hopped off the stool she was sitting on, walking over and giving a reassuring hug to the vampire, hoping to calm her down at least a small bit.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back