• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Clockhaven City] Where The Blood Runs Thick

zzShion.png
"No, you're right...go." Shion gestured to Iberis, knowing how integral her and Scylla were for this to work. Soon after, Shion was relieved by Morana bringing her bandages.

"It'll...it'll do, thanks Morana." She nodded to the woman as she took the bandages and sighed before doing her best to dress herself with the bandages. She watched the mage and the witch perform their duties as she did the best she could, the wound wasn't exactly in the easiest place to dress by herself, but she needed to at least slow the bleeding. She sighed, but the next moment she seethed again hoping the pain had passed, but she was wrong.

Soon after Iberis was finished, she returned to Shion's side, and just seeing her concern almost made all the pain go away...almost. She smiled a little and extended the bandages to Iberis, allowing her to help. Her foundation wasn't the worst on the dressing, but Iberis made it much better by simply having another pair of hands to wrap them around Shion properly. As they worked on Shion's body, she sighed.

"And to think that primal fear still dwells within me...I could've jeopardized everything...damnit." She grimaced, which just made the stinging much more obvious to her mind as she winced again before trying to sit down completely and lean against whatever was closest to her. It was at this point her tails emerged once again from her single tail and spread in a fan pattern before resting aside so she could lean back properly. She looked at Morana soon after.

"I wonder if calling all of you was even necessary...not that I could think straight earlier anyways." Shion looked around to the injuries the group had taken in the short skirmish that took place. She noticed Theron helping Scylla, and Morana had brought her the bandages so Cayde could focus on the thrall. It made a small smile spread on her face.

"Maybe...it wasn't the worst decision..." Shion looked up at the thrall with a look of sympathy, and it made her eyes dim as she looked towards the floor. Her mood seemed to dampen for some reason as her ears drooped down onto her head.

Father...if I'd been calmer and quicker back then...maybe I could've saved you too...but instead you...you used the last of your magic to save me...Shion's thoughts caused a single tear to form and fall down her face.

Shion shook her head, trying to cheer up. They succeeded in dealing with the thrall, and things were looking even more positive that they saved her. One step closer to the vampire. She tried to cut a joke to Iberis to improve both of their moods.

"Iberis...please add to the list of things to tell Scylla to warn me if she's going to use fire magic, Cayde too...maybe it'd be best if I told everyone...even if some of you just witnessed one of the worst days of my life..." She tried to have a sense of brevity, but her near failure just brought her mood back down, knowing full well that memory had linked to everyone else in the room at the time.

Sophia Smith

sample-e25e620a4ac0f2f48f2b6f686977373b.png

Sophia watched as they worked on the vampire, making a mental note to go for a leg or lower on the arm next time as to avoid issues like these. However, in her mind she had still done what she needed to do. That thrall had been able to deal a lot of damage in the few seconds it was fighting, so it needed to be taken down before it did any more. So, she did just that. And she felt no remorse in doing it.

However, at Kalina's statement, she knew what was going on. She moved over to the vampire, noting the spikes in the floor, and winced. Quickly she grabbed one of the vampire's arms and pulled it over her shoulder. "Hey. Use me to steady yourself. It's gonna suck, but you need to get off those and get some healing." She whispered it to her, before adding, "Preferably Scylla. She's a good gal. You really know how to pick em~" She smiled, trying to lighten the mood, before saying, "I'm sorry for making such a hassle. I saw her harming y'all and I needed to take her out of commission. I did my best to make it as non-lethal as possible, but apparently it was still pretty bad. But at least that means my crossbow is a success."

Aquaculture Labs
Widersia – Capital – Clockhaven – Third Factory Street – Aquaculture Labs
Time: 24:00 Weather Inside, water leaking, fairly dark.
jVZsXAU.jpg
Mentions: Iberis TheTimePiece TheTimePiece | Cayde The Last Curse The Last Curse | Scylla RavenSong RavenSong | Shion Sharena Sharena | Sophia Silent Angel Silent Angel

Combat is now officially over. CD's no longer apply. Use as many actions as you want, so long as it's within the realms of feasibility to do within the timespan an RP round.

Theron
k1cqAPw.png

latest

Theron had silently bandaged up Scylla's leg. The wound and bleeding wouldn't get worse, but it wouldn't get better either. At least not until she had the time and energy to heal it herself. “No problem.” He stated, before looking at the thrall, fascinated by the changes the creature was visibly going through.

???
JSix6Iw.jpg

qYy8TDC.jpg

Cayde's words towards the former thrall went unnoticed, as she remained unconscious. However, when he started to clean the wound, he noticed the 'flesh' was that of a plant now and the blood was now some type of sap. This creature was not your average flesh-and-blood one, that much was sure. Even so, when he placed the arm arm back, Scylla's healing magic got to work. Slowly but steadily, the limb fused back to where it'd been on the body, eventually being reattached to it without even a scar. To an extend, the simplicity with which it seemed to happen was terrifying, yet fascinating in equal degree.

The crystals held by Scylla and Cayde had an odd dark-red glow to them. Considering they both had magic talents, they could feel it while holding them; there was something vile and evil captured within. This wasn't something you'd want to be careless with.

Senna
WBaXcKL.png

“Would you look at that...” She spoke, as she finally lowered her weapons. “A Sylvari... no, a Dryad, even! You don't see those often, outside of the See. I wonder how that vampire managed to get to her.” As she spoke, she leaned in closer to observe the unconscious Dryad from nearby.

Morana
HWvrQTS.jpg

She'd passed over the bandages to Iberis, in as far as they hadn't gone through Shion herself first. There wasn't too much else she could do here, but she was curious. “So, what went wrong?” It was pretty clear this hadn't been according to plan at all.

Yurena

tumblr_p58r2qWqwY1sn3ne4o1_1280.jpg

href.li

She clicked her tongue. She'd lost a fair share of blood by now, which wasn't the worst after having been 'overfed' lately, but it still wasn't exactly nice either. However, she worried a little. On the one hand, she wanted her regeneration to kick in and rid her of the pain in her legs. On the other, she wasn't sure how to explain it away just yet. However, as she was trying to rationalise an excuse, she suddenly heard Shion talk, mentioning the vision she'd shared. She couldn't help herself from smiling weakly. “Hey, at least I'm no longer the only one that's falling into trauma at unfortunate moments.” She tried to cheer Shion up a bit, as from what explanation she'd gotten from Sophia, what she'd seen through Shion's vision was also a trauma.

Wait... on the topic of seeing things. “I must've lost more blood than I thought... I'm seeing double. It's almost as if you've got three tails now.” She uttered, a bit confused. Surely her injuries hadn't been that bad, right?

Sophia was quick to offer her to help get up. Kalina accepted, although grunting a bit as her legs weren't exactly in the most walk-able state. For better or worse, however, as they she stood, the regeneration kicked in. Before even heading over to Scylla, she was able to stand on her own again, knowing fully well she'd be doomed if she tried faking the injury persisting, so instead, she hoped she could just use an excuse later if need-be. Besides, with Sophia recovering easily as well, perhaps claiming so Fae ancestry might already cut it.

“Thanks dear, but I'm good. Just needed to take a while for the natural healing to kick in, that's all.” She said, hoping that'd be enough for now. “Yeah, she is.” She replied at the mention of Scylla. As for the crossbow. “A terrifying success, I would add. I'd rather not find myself on the other end of those bolts.” She spoke, having been thoroughly impressed by the firepower on that thing.

Kelsey
vFt3xH5.jpg

m2cKMHe.jpg

Kensei

“Oi, purple!” She called out, seated on the ground. “If you've got any healing left, could you hook a gal up?”

Suddenly, Mr.S's eyes started flashing brightly.

“Core memory... restored... reintroducing data to...mind simulation.” Morana translated the Analog language that Mr.S's eyes had been displaying.

Mr.S
lTkTkAG.jpg

That's when the big guy himself spoke up. “Ehm, miss purple, miss claw. I just recalled a thing.” He addressed Scylla and Morana. “I fought this thrall before and she killed ma men, but... them vampire... she'd been aware of the battle the entire time. I just cannot recall how.”

He spoke, his ominous words echoing through the room. Had the vampire seen everything that just happened here..? Or was that just Sverre's memory being messy and/or incomplete?

1A3F20A4-DA8C-41A9-A155-79DED57260A6.png

After the arm had fused to the Sylvari body she groaned with fatigue as the witch completed the spell. She placed both her hands on the ground, starring at the surface as she caught her breath. “That was.. incredible.. I’ve done everything I could.. ” she said as her blonde hair covered her smile. “..I’m certain the academy will want to hear about this magic.”

Once her mana pool recovered she’d place both of her hands on her leg before casting [Healing F] she’d save the stronger healings just in case any of the others had more pressing injuries.

She’d pull herself up with Sverre, wobbling a little as she regained her footing through her slippers. “You’ve done wonderfully Mr.S, you came just in time!” She smiled brightly, patting the construct on the shoulder.

Then a familiar voice would call out to her, it was the halfling being unorthodox in her manner of speaking as usual, “Very well..” she examined her wound, “..oh dear, tch tch tch..” she shook her head placing her hands on the injury and casting [Healing E] a less intense version of the bluish cooling hue would glow in her hands, “..a valiant effort miss shorty!” She’d giggle a bit, before really worrying about the sight she’d see next.

Supporting herself upon Sophia was the injured Kalina, Scylla would make her way towards her, quickly stopping once within touching distance. Her wound was a bit more serious, “K.. you really should be more careful..” the witch said with quite the deep concern, but wouldn’t hesitate to examine the wound before she could answer, “..oh love..” she said before closing her eyes, all Scylla could think about was how thankful she was that she learned a fair bit of healing magic in the underworld before embarking. “..okay, this might feel a little cold.” She said looking up at her then at Sophia then back at Kalinas wound.

Placing both her hands on the gashes, she closed her eyes once more, this time a stronger and brighter blue hue would emit from [Healing C]

Shortly after that, she’d move on to Shion, Scylla, a bit intimidated but would still find it in herself to examine the wounds on the fox like human. Once again she’d put her hands upon the wound, closing her eyes before casting [Healing D]. “Heh, so, does this mean you like me again?” She smiled bashfully before chuckling at herself and shaking her head. However she was still a little wary of a surprise slap, but was easily distracted by the kitsunes multiple tails, although she wanted to compliment, she wouldn’t dare ruin the little bit of ground she had regained. However, she’d go a bit further, “I.. don’t know if you intended to show me what happened in that fiery place that haunts you, dear..” she’d hold Shions hand as softly as she could, “..But just so you know, if you ever need anything, please don’t hesitate to find me.” Being so close to both the world of the living and that of the dead she didn’t want to give Shion the hope that it was quite possible to see and even interact with those who have left, even if from other worlds. One could say that people were forever linked, and all one had to do was follow the chain to those very loved ones.

Perhaps another time, witch. We have to get past this place first.

Velvet, ever keeping the flighty witch focused.

About Sverre suddenly recalling some details, Scylla would immediately turn to face him. She blinked a few time as she took her newest memories in, “Are you certain?” She asked not out of doubt but of concern, “If this.. vampire, knows about our deeds here he or she would certainly know what happened here which means they’d be either prepared for our arrival or summoning unknown horrors our way.”

Once all the injured felt better, she walked up to Cayde, then taking out the black orb in her hand she looked at Cayde. “I’d like this orb for research purposes, it could be invaluable in our study of these undead curses. From what it appears, there might be something about this particular enchantment that allows a mage to puppeteer the afflicted host.” She’d be rather convincing through her growing knowledge of magic and [Arcane F] to get insight of the curse itself.

Last edited:

During the re-attachment process, Cayde's eyes were affixed to the thrall's arm. Even when it succeeded, he still couldn't avert his wide-eyed gaze. "Just like that, huh?" He thought, a bemused smile spreading across his face. This magic looked so simple yet so effective! And all it had to be was a different application of intention - the technique could've been entirely variable! "I could learn that..." His smile grew wider, a jolt of anticipation rushing up his spine, "I could do that too..." But Senna's voice pulled him back into the present before he could sink deeper into the reverie. Her observation was just as interesting. "So that's what she is?" Cayde inquired, turning to study the once-thrall again. A dryad in a city? Talk about being far from home. She'd probably like Shion. He nodded, "Guess we'll question her when she wakes up. Best she keeps sleeping, for now."

Rolling his shoulders, Cayde got up and quickly surveyed the room. The tension in his body eased watching Scylla move to and fro between the party members. She had a good grasp on that healing magic. Maybe she wouldn't mind sharing a bit? The idea sounded great until his eyes finally landed on Shion. Flickers of her vision flashed in his memory, a snapshot of blazing trees and his firey potions coming into focus. Cayde's shoulders slumped, gaze falling quickly to the floor. That attack must've further opened a healing wound. She didn't have to live through that again. She deserved an apology. Clearing his throat, he waved to her, "Hey, Shion. So that... thing I saw was about you, right? I'm sorry. If only I'd known..." He paused momentarily before crossing his arms, "No, I'll do you one better. No more fire in front of you anymore. That I can promise you." He gave her a warm nod, but only then did he see the multitude of tails flaring out behind her. Cayde's head tilted a bit. Did she always have that many tails? Was this another Scylla-Velvet situation? "And I've seen you've grown a little there, huh?" He said, pointing behind her. A smile arose in his voice, "Now you've got even more tails to hide from Scylla and Chandra! Have fun!"

His gaze moved to Scylla next, but his blood ran cold as he overheard Sverre's epiphany. Cayde peered down at the crystal in his hand. The malevolence within was palpable, a wrong chill cooling his palm. A grimace forming under his mask, he looked back to Scylla, "Yeah, I don't think I should be holding onto this." He slowly handed the crystal to her, "We should probably hand it over to someone when we're done."

He paused again and glanced at the dryad. Something still felt a bit off. "So the thrall's a dryad, but I'm certain they can't normally control metal. That doesn't fit right with these types of fae." He cupped his chin, looking at Iberis. Her knowledge of curses would help here. "But we know she was under a curse inflicted by some of the vampire's blood. She had to give a part of herself to create this thrall. So perhaps our vampire knows how to control metal, too? Or at least can give these new abilities to those under her command?" Still rubbing his chin, he pointed to Scylla, "And if what you and Sverre say is right, maybe she could see through her subordinate's eyes? She already has so much control over them..."

Cayde shook his head, "I think we need to move." He went back to the dryad's side, "We should bring her back to the saferoom. Any volunteers on carrying her?"

Last edited:
Iberis Odhir
c1c09798754ff7edcdb17e719dc490d4-1-1-1-1-1.jpg

Iberis's attention had primarily been on Shion for the time being as she gave her a nod. "I'll make sure to pass the message on as well as keep that in mind myself." She replied with a bit of a serious look on her face, as she continued bandaging.

"Truthfully I did see somethings earlier..when you first connected with me but I wasn't sure what I was seeing and it didn't seem like the time or place to bring it up, of some of those sorts of memories, and I wasn't really entirely sure what I was seeing but..now I understand much better." Before she continued,

"I know that we can't very easily undo or change the past..but I do want to let you know that we're here for you moving forward in the future, so even when things get tough, we'll support one another and get through them, okay?" She tried her best to be reassuring since she meant it.

Iberis decided that She'd probably just tell Morana what had gone wrong, with the healing appearing to be a success much to Iberis's relief, even as her attention was stolen once more at now plant person instead of the way the thrall looked before there. She also took note of what Mr. S had said which was some what disconcerting if it was to be taken at face value with what was going on.

As she faced Morana now, before she replied,
"Apparently the thrall..or..the vampire through the thrall, sort of undetermined at the moment; had a way to manipulate metal, and they were able to do so rapidly, when Chandra tried stabbing the thrall with her blade it was very ineffective against the metal form the thrall had taken on too, I'm sure it's related to the way the curse was handled since as we see now, who once was the thrall has now returned to a more organic state. My guess is that perhaps the vampire was using the thrall as a conduit of sorts through which to use the what I can only assume is metal magic...regardless as for what actually happened, lots of people here got impaled by metal which was able to come out of the walls and ceilings..rather quickly and a lot of it at that."

Thankfully it wasn't all too much longer after that in which Scylla had made the rounds and healed Shion, while making the bandages probably unnecessary at that point Iberis gave Scylla a thank you since it helped Shion recover from the injuries.

She then looked to Cayde, "On the other hand It's also possible the thrall is powerful enough to lend cursed people some of her power."

Iberis then raised her hand when Cayde asked if there were any volunteers, "I don't mind helping to carry her, but I might need some assistance depending on the weight and distance, I'm..not exactly the physically strongest around here." She spoke truthfully, her strength only being at E.

Sophia Smith

The blacksmith nodded. "There's a reason why I check that anyone I sell to isn't a criminal. I'm not a fan of people being able to get their hands on something like this without knowing they won't use it with the wrong intentions." She leaned forward, whispering to her, "Which is also why I would make one of these for you, if you wanted one. To be honest, I know you don't trust yourself, but I trust you completely." She smiled to the vampire before putting her crossbow on her back and turning to the others.

Her eyes fell on the dryad, a frown passing over her face as the discussion popped up on who would be carrying her. "To be honest, while I'm a blacksmith, I'm not the strongest. I mainly am precise over powerful, personally." She glanced to the crystals, the frown deepening as she said, "Is there an issue with it? Like, is it volatile in some way? If so, I would say it might be a good idea if you keep it on you, if only so we can carry it to somewhere we can keep it safe in." She paused before saying, "I could probably carry it as well, if need be. I do have quite the delicate touch when I need to."

zzShion.png
Shion overheard Chandra in her attempts to comfort Shion. She couldn't help but smirk and chuckle, which didn't help the pain in her side as she winced and grabbed hold of herself with a hand for a moment. Chandra's at least didn't happen in the middle of a fight, a fight that could've easily turned out much worse than it actually had. Still, she appreciated the attempt. "As long as our turn doesn't come back around anytime soon...not that I want all of us taking turns..." She chuckled again, which just prompted another wince in pain. She smiled as her tails all straightened out for a moment aside her and acted like they were waving at Chandra.

"You aren't seeing double, they're genuine. I regained them last night before Iberis and I went to sleep. Kind of amazed it took you so long to notice given your affinity, but it has been a taxing day for the both of us it seems." Shion verified Chandra's inquiry while hopefully conveying to her at the same time she understood Chandra had been going through something earlier that day. Scylla was soon to arrive at her side, having spent Shion's time interacting with Chandra healing the others after healing the vampire herself. The witch seemed to still hold that slap from squeezing her tail in vivid memory as she seemed to have this notion Shion disliked her. Her ears twitched as Scylla took her hand after treating her and offering sympathetic words to her. Shion smiled at her and proceeded to use her free hand to pull the witch close to her in a light embrace.

"Scylla, I never disliked you, we can discuss those matters more later. No, I didn't mean to show any of you that horrible memory, but...I appreciate your offer all the same, thank you Scylla. Take a rest, you've done plenty for us right now." Shion let the witch go as she moved before she heard Cayde speak up. His mind was sharp as always, seems like he put everything together rather quickly. She shook her head at him.

"No Cayde, I...it's alright. You couldn't have known. I wasn't exactly trying to hide it, but it's not like I'd just go around sharing my darkest memories so freely. I was going to talk with everyone later, but please, in a life or death situation, I don't want you to feel like you have to hold back for my sake. I just...don't do well when fire is sprung up on me suddenly...but if I know it's coming I can brace my mind much better." Shion placed a hand to her chest as she felt her mana flow through her being as she contemplated for a moment. "If I can master this new ability when I fight alongside all of you, all I would need is a mental notice that you're bringing flames into the equation, or even a verbal warning until I master it."

Shion sighed, but it ended with a smile as she looked at the floor a moment before Iberis finally spoke to her. Hearing her talk about the memories she likely witnessed earlier, along with everyone else's kindness, it really made her heart swell as she couldn't help but laugh a little as a few tears fell from her eyes. Her tails were wagging with as much room as they could in different patterns as she sat up some. "I need to find a way to repay all of you...I'm blessed to have found all of you..." She couldn't help but laugh even harder at Cayde's follow-up comment about her tails.

"Trust me, there's more to discuss than just my misery when we get back!" She then laid a hand on Iberis' shoulder and pulled her closer a moment to place a kiss on her forehead just like back at the inn.

"To state directly, thank you too." She said in a lower voice before she finally rested against the machinery as she looked at Morana. It was time to address everything else that made her less emotional now as she calmed herself and her tails settled back down beside her.

"Sorry Morana, I should've addressed you sooner. As Iberis explained, the thrall, or her master, had some way of controlling her environment in here. It badly injured Kelsey, and got...pretty much all of us injured. In retaliation, Scylla and Cayde used fire magic and explosives and it sent me back to a rough place...a place you might have guessed just hearing what's been said so far, and with my mind linked to everyone they got to share in my trauma. Because of that...I grew an intense fear to fire magic, or at least fire being used spontaneously. I swore off its more violent magical practices too unless the situation was dire enough to require its destructive power." Shion shook her head. "Before I start rambling, that's why I was all out of sorts when I came running out to call all of you in. Luckily the fight didn't last much longer, but...my link with everyone meant they were distracted by my memory, even if for the briefest of moments. I could've gotten everyone killed...and that doesn't sit well with me." She sighed before realizing who she was talking to.

"Sorry you didn't get to see much action, but you'll be with us from the beginning to face the vampire."

She then turned towards Sverre to address what he said earlier. "I wonder if her master was constantly scrying her location. That'd make it child's play to observe and conduct battle through her thrall. There's a possibility she's scrying on all of us even now...it might be best if we move before discussing much more."

Which just means I'll need to prepare for her using that fatal weakness I just shared against me...nothing to be done about it, I wouldn't trade everyone's words to me for a little more safety for the final battle. Shion steeled herself for the potential future the vampire might have in store for her. She wouldn't give in to her weakness again, not here.

Shion managed to her feet as she then looked over to the Dryad. "I can carry her. It might be best if she wakes up with me present since I don't think I've given her reason to fear me yet." Her gaze panned with a smirk to the others that had just used fire magic, explosives, a rapier that happened to be attached to the woman that convinced her for a good amount of time she was a monster, and stopped on Sophia when she got to her.

"No offense."

She approached the Dryad before looking at everyone else. "Let me know when everyone's ready to depart. Oh, that reminds me." The wounds inflicted earlier made it clear she wasn't as sturdy in this world. She knew Sophia had made and arm and that crossbow she used...Shion wondered how good she might be at lighter amenities.

"Sophia." Shion lightly touched the reddened area of her bandages. "It might be in my best interest to have someone of your talents craft some armor for me. Are you accustom to working leathers and the like? The less weight and metal on it, the happier I'd be."

Aquaculture Labs
Widersia – Capital – Clockhaven – Third Factory Street – Aquaculture Labs
Time: 00:10 Weather Inside, water leaking, fairly dark.
jVZsXAU.jpg
Mentions: Iberis TheTimePiece TheTimePiece | Cayde The Last Curse The Last Curse | Scylla RavenSong RavenSong | Shion Sharena Sharena | Sophia Silent Angel Silent Angel

Mr.S
lTkTkAG.jpg

As Scylla stood on the tip of her toes and reached up as far as she could to pet Mr.S's shoulder, he nodded. “Thank you, miss purple.”

On the topic of his memories returning, he nodded. “Yes miss purple. I'm currently... recovering … associated … data ...” He spoke, his eyes flashing whilst at it.

He nodded at Shion's words, although she wasn't registered to command him, so for now, he'd await for another to tell him to move or not to move.

Morana
HWvrQTS.jpg

“His eyes are flashing incoherently.” She'd say, in case anyone wondered if he was suddenly speaking Analog again.

Short after, Iberis explained to her what had occurred. “In that case, we can count ourselves lucky that me and Sverre weren't present.” She replied, realising they might've been turned into weapons against their allies otherwise.

When she heard folk mentioning carrying the Dryad, a sigh escaped from her mask. They really didn't know how to use what they had at hand, did they? Luckily, she now had command over him. “Sverre, bring her along for us.” She command him... except nothing happened. Right. “Mr.S, bring her along for us.” She turned to Shion. “No offence, but we need to move quickly, which only he can do with ease whilst bringing her.”

“Of course, miss claw.” He affirmed, gently picking up the Dryad with ease. His giant and overly strong body making it a trivial task.

Meanwhile, Morana was suffering the pay-off for being able to command Sverre, namely the fact she kept being called 'miss claw' in turn. A small price to pay, yet an annoying one.

Morana was surprised when Shion suddenly addressed her as well. “I'm not really the type to comment on such things, but... If nobody's dead and the witch goes around healing everyone, there's no harm done, right? Live and learn, I think is what they say.” That was the best she could do, which wasn't much, but it was clear she was already trying her best. The last time she'd had any type of conversation even close to this one had been with her own children, which was a far cry from the current situation. “Although if it were up to me, I'd start using fire myself, to force myself to master my fears instead of letting it guide me.” She stated, the clawed arm's gears spinning in place, as if to confirm the words coming from behind her mask.

Kelsey
vFt3xH5.jpg

m2cKMHe.jpg

Kensei

“Ah... much better!” (Whilst E-grade healing wouldn't be enough, Cooldowns were gone, now that battle was over, allowing Scylla to use a more sufficient grade of healing to fix Kelsey up.) “Normally, I'd be inclined to punch you in the gut for calling me that, but I'll give you that one.” She stated after scoffing.

Yurena

tumblr_p58r2qWqwY1sn3ne4o1_1280.jpg

href.li

Scylla's healing of Kalina's legs was unneeded, for they had already healed due to her [Regeneration E] also kicking in. (Which also went off of its Cooldown now that combat was over.) If anything, it'd only make it look suspicious, like she was trying to cover up her natural regeneration, so she'd point at Shion. “I'm already fine, just a bit woozy, go help Shion instead, please.”

She was surprised when Sophia would consider crafting her such a weapon. “Perhaps I'll take you up on that promise.” Having a weapon like that in her arsenal might make her even better equipped at keeping safe those that she cared about.

She smiled a bit at Shion. “Indeed, let's be selfish and not give the others a turn.” There'd been enough trauma between the two of them. No need to get others involved. She was genuine surprised when she learned the tails were real. “Perhaps it's due to not having pet them yet. You know, trust your sight, but use your hands to pet and verify?” She eventually answered, not wishing to focus on the fact she'd indeed been very caught up in her own thoughts thus far.

Then again, as for forms of repayment, Kalina saw a appropriate form of repayment wagging around already. Still, she decided now wasn't the time for it. The others were right, they might want to get out of here.

Senna
WBaXcKL.png

“Yeah, no doubt about it.” She replied to Cayde, once again confirming this was a Dryad. “Although we should be weary. The curse might be gone, but we can't know for certain if sleeping beauty here is still under the vampire's influence, right?” She questioned, a bit unsure on if this one could be trusted now. In her career as a vampire hunter, she'd never once cured a victim of it yet, even though this one had been a mere thrall, not a full-fledged vampire.

As for his other remarks, she nodded. “They've usually got nature magic, although the way this one used metal magic was oddly similar. Almost as if she'd kept her normal abilities, just with a different element... that's all I can say, perhaps our witches know more.” She looked at Scylla and Iberis.

Theron
k1cqAPw.png

latest

“Well..” He suddenly stated. “I'm afraid we'll have to split up for a bit. Yumi's gone.” He stated, relatively casually. “Can't say more, as we might be spied on, but we'll find a way to regain contact later. For now, I'd suggest you keep those covered or locked away.” He pointed at the crystals. “Any Fae can feel how cursed those things are.”

Safe Room 002
Widersia – Capital – Clockhaven – Safe Room 002
Time: 03:30 Weather Inside, water leaking, fairly dark.
rinne-park-04.jpg

With that, the group made it back to the Safe House. The three vampire hunters (Theron, Senna, Yumi) had split off. Mr.S had carried in the Dryad. Morana and Kelsey had followed along as well. The moment they entered, Kalina headed for a corner of the room, getting out of Yurena's clothing and into her armour again as she changed her appearance back to Chandra's.

Chandra Jarmil

“Much better.” She'd say, with a sigh of relief. “I'm glad I didn't even really need to act like a monster to begin with, but even then, it's not a fun appearance to take on.” She'd utter to nobody in particular.

She was only distracted from the real issue at hand for a little while. “If the vampire really saw everything... do you think she's already plotting to escape? Could that be why Yumi suddenly went missing?” She wasn't sure what to make of it.

Iberis Odhir
Iberis lit up at seeing Shion appear better not only from the healing (looked like thanks to Scylla everyone was much better off physically than they had been which quite pleased Iberis) but also Shion appeared better mentally with their exchange. Nobody was being hard on Shion for having issues with the fire instead rather supportive, she did pull through when it matter.The kiss on her forehead, she wasn't really expecting either this time around, but a bright smile formed on her face after the fact.
"I want to hear all about it." She replied cheerily. As far as Shion saying that there was more to discuss.

Iberis also took note of how well Shion described the situation of what had happened..and then the issue of how much information this vampire could gain possibly, it definitely sounded wiser not to say anything too confidential around the newly cured person. Who really knew what the vampire was capable of at the end of the day. She had gained much more information on them possibly than they had her.

It was nice to hear Shion offer to carry too, even if Iberis really was okay with it but then it seemed like none of that had been absolutely necessary either. with Morana directing Mr. S to carry the newly cured. That would arguably be the safest option for most of the group more than likely at that point.

It took Iberis a moment to realize what Morana had meant when she said that before she nodded, in agreement, that could certainly end up not so great depending on what sort of control the vampire had, there were some magics that simply didn't work on what counted as living things..but it was better not to risk it even so.

With Morana's follow up, Iberis found the philosophy..interesting as far as getting over one's fear. she supposed Morana was that sort. And it was..an if painful learning experience at that, Iberis wanted to diversify her magic to better support..

Iberis then looked to Senna, after feeling glad that Kalina had continued to be light hearted to Shion.

Hearing Senna say that Iberis looked back and replied generally, "That's also a possibility given the qualities of this curse changing so much, it isn't unfeasible it could change the elemental manipulation too.."

With all of that out of the way Iberis was able to make her way back to the safe area presumably unhindered. That bit about Yumi was curious, what exactly had gone on there and where was she at? Seemed like Kalina had some things on her mind too on the issue as she spoke up to no one in particular when they were back.

"I guess that's also possible but to be fair we also don't know how much the vampire can learn or even if she can use the thrall for that sort of information gathering, Hopefully our newly cured friend can enlighten us soon enough on some of that information so we have a better idea of what we should be planning for and if an escape interception is needed or not, as right now they're our best bet at learning about the vampire with so many uncertainties."

The trip back to the saferoom did little to ease the tension in his shoulders. Even stepping into the saferoom, as private as it was, didn't feel completely assuring. Not with what Sverre had said. Not with those crystals still unaccounted for. And especially without the dryad regaining consciousness. Thought hanging in his mind, Cayde turned to glance at her. Still unresponsive and still so integral to the mission. His hands itched. Smelling salts would help here. A rude awakening, but they could get her up quickly. Some discomfort for a slight edge. His eyes darted in contemplation, and he swiftly moved to one of the room's corners, "Sverre - or I mean, Mr. S, could you bring the dryad over here, please?" He nodded to Morana before unfurling his bedroll on the floor, "Try to lay her on this, yeah?" He said, taking a moment to fluff the pillow, "We'll leave her here. She'll talk when she's ready."

Removing his mask, Cayde returned to the center. He cracked a smile at Kalina's satisfaction. It must've felt nice getting rid of a disguise on top of a disguise. "And you know what the best thing is?" He joked, "We won't need to play pretend anymore. That means no more scary Yurena and no more shoe-kissing Cayde," Craning his head back, Cayde let out an exaggerated sigh, "Thank God..." Then, after a brief chuckle, he cleared his throat. Back to the situation at hand. "But jokes aside, if Yumi disappeared, there's a chance she might've gone to continue the investigation ahead of us. After all, she does wanna get this over with quickly." Nodding to himself, his gaze wandered subconsciously through the room, "As for the vampire escaping, if I were her, I'd-" He stopped, biting his tongue as he saw Scylla. He'd almost forgotten about one thing.

"Scylla," He pointed to her robes, eyebrows furrowing, "You still have those crystals, right? I think it might be better to put them away for now." As he spoke, a phantom chill flashed on his hand. The vampire's mana still felt so virulent. And they'd two crystals full of it - right next to them. What if that magic held its power? What if she could still access it? What if she was listening right now? "I don't wanna guess if the vampire can or can't hear us with those things. Might be risky keeping them so close." Scanning around the room, he continued, "Let's just throw them in a box and keep them in a corner. Just to be safe, y'know?"

During his look around the room, he glanced at the dryad again. Senna's words replayed in his mind. The dryad could've still been a conduit, too. "We'll talk more about her when our dryad wakes up. And when we're sure she's not under the vampire influence anymore." Finally, he looked at Shion, "I think we should have you talk to her first. You might get a better read on her than any of us."

zzShion.png
Shion wouldn't argue with Morana's logic on Sverre carrying the Dryad over her, she wasn't really a fan of the idea of making someone else do the work she was already willing to do in the first place, but Sverre was more qualified to do it at least. She nodded to the hunters when they mentioned Yumi being gone. She hoped the little one didn't forego the promise she made. For now she'd have faith that she wasn't that unreliable. She stopped near Morana as they began to funnel out of the building.

"I'm not going to disagree with you about the idea of mastering your fears, Morana, but I haven't shied away from such attempts. That is why I bid Cayde to not stop using his explosives. I have been trying to overcome this fear for a long time, and what was witnessed today was a much more appealing response than it was the second time I lost a home to fire magic..." Shion looked forward as she closed her eyes.

"Especially since it was my own fire magic that time...like I said at the table, holding the lifespan I do makes forgetting much harder Morana, that includes my prejudices and my fears." She proceeded out of the building, making sure Iberis was capable of moving fine without her before leaving with her.

Once they made it back to the safe room, Shion listened to the relieved sighs of Chandra and Cayde along with Iberis' statement too that she was in agreement with. She nodded to Cayde.

"You can count on me. I'll do anything in my power to see her safely back to her forest." Shion seemed to take the responsibility rather seriously, seems like her old spirit guardian habits were still as firm as they'd always been. She also agreed with Cayde in regards to Scylla.

"We should keep any of those crystals safely secured away from us for the time being until we're certain of what she's capable of. In the meantime," Shion's eyes began to glow once again as her [Mind Link] entered the abstract as she started hearing slight twangs of thoughts here and there amongst her companions, "if you have anything confidential you wish to relay to someone, perhaps it would be best if I act as the middleman. Sweet nothings you can probably keep to yourselves though." Shion said with a smirk as she looked at Chandra, Scylla, and Sophia.

Last edited:
Scylla would clutch onto the crystal she was given, shaking her head incessantly at anyone’s suggestion to give them away, “I’m certain the Ryken academy has plenty of ways to keep such magic secured. Leave it to me.” [Persuasion F]

Turning to Cayde, she listened intently,

“R-right.” She stuttered at Caydes teasing about her and Chandra. “I mean, alright, I’ll admit I can’t control myself around fluffy tails. I just get so ecstatic, I suppose.” She giggled some, before making her way out after they had agreed on the plan. “Right, back to the safe house then?” She repeated after Theron.

—-
Once at the age house the witch begrudgingly agreed to Caydes suggestion to put the crystals away, she’d do so, finding a crate in the room, placing them in there she’d pat the crystals within, patting them like crying little children. “There, there, I’ll be back soon I promise!” She closed the crate and turned around, “There. Now, what’s next?”

It was then that Shion brought up the idea of relaying messages through the fox, but when she gave her a suggestive comment, Velvet raised an eyebrow.

Sweet nothings huh? More like sweet hatred! Ha! Since were at it, tell them to- argh!

Nothing to say here. Heh.

The witch would look at Shion and shrug, then walking over to behind the ground, the witch held the constructs hand. “See? I knew you’d start remembering things here and there. How are you feeling Mr. S?” The witch realized there were others assembling a plan, not wanting to be too involved, it was her way of expressing her exhaustion and preferred to check on Sverre.

Sophia Smith

Sophia turned to Shion at the question of leather, an eyebrow raising. After a few moments, she said, "I can make you gambeson armor. It works in that way even better than leather, and I don't have to be a tanner to be able to get it to work." She thought about leather armor, almost wanting to scoff, before eventually just saying in response to one of the things Shion said next, "And I'd rather my thoughts stay my own. I say what I would like other people to know, and I hold back what I'd rather them not hear. It's better that way."

She didn't have any personal secrets, but it just felt strange having a person listening to her thoughts. It was almost like an invasion of privacy. With that thought, she finally said, "And as for the stones, should I make a box to lock them up in? Or should I spend this time making you some gambeson?" She turned her eyes to Shion once more, her eyebrow raising inquisitively as she waited for an answer.​

Safe Room 002
Time: 04:00 Weather Inside, water leaking, fairly dark.
rinne-park-04.jpg

About half an hour passed, during which they were able to rest a bit (or slurp up more of that delicious slime jelly).

Chandra Jarmil

She nodded at Iberis. “Either that, or perhaps the vampire hunters were onto something earlier.” Those were likely their only two hopes, right now.

Mr.S
lTkTkAG.jpg

Mr.S. looked at Scylla and Morana, after Cayde's request.

Morana
HWvrQTS.jpg

A sigh escaped from behind Morana's mask. “Okay, fine. Mr.S. Please register Cayde as your third admin.”

“Affirmative.” He stated, as his eyes flickered a bit, after which he put the Dryad down where Cayde had told him to do so.

At Cayde's next rmeark of shoe-kissing, she smiled. It's true that I disliked being the scary monster... but what if I didn't dislike the shoe kissing Cayde? As she spoke, she let the voice she used for Chandra naturally flow into what she used for Yurena, adding a wink for good measure. Just like Cayde, however, she quickly turned more serious again. “Let's hope so, yes.” She could come up with some worse alternatives.

As for Shion's admission, even Morana couldn't really ignore such a thing. “That must have been difficult.” She knew such difficulty well enough, but she'd already aired her heart out once before, which was enough for now.

There was, however, someone else whom heard those words. Thankfully, due to Shion later offering telepathic privacy, Kalina could actually reply to it with the words she wanted to use. “Hearing how long you've been carrying the burden of what happened to you really makes me want to help, but it's also making me worried. I won't die of age, ever, so I fear I'll eventually come to suffer the same fate, unless I can get cured soon. If that doesn't work out, or of I still remain undying, could we get back to that topic? Or, of course, if you'd ever want someone to talk to in general.” She'd state telepathically, to Shion alone. She wanted Shion to know she'd be there for her, but she also wanted the sense of comfort that someone with a long lifespan would be there for her in turn.

Oddly enough, as Shion started to [Mind Link], she would pick up on more than just those talking... She'd pick up on a vague call-out from the Dryad as well. She she focus on it, she'd pick up on the following;

“Can... can you hear me?” She'd hear a confused voice echo in her mind. However, try as Shion might, it seemed like her thoughts didn't reach the Dryad in turn. This was a one-way communication to Shion. “I... if you can... if you hear me. The vampire wasn't working alone. She was with a rabbit-eared man. He... he used some cursed branch to drain my strength, make me ill. Then she cursed me... I... I don't know much of what happened then, except that I was always fighting to hold back her mind-control and the curse she'd put me under... wait... if she's still there. You should know. She's weak, but her magic is not. She relies on creating undead and corrupting people like me to stay safe. It's why she made a deal with that rabbit eared man. She wants stronger subjects to protect her. If you stopped me, she might be at her weakest now, unless he's got more undead to guard her. She'll be... at... at... airship dock...” her voice seemed to weaken all of a sudden, as if lingering control from the vampire was still trying to hold her back from divulging this type of information. Then it was all silent.

Meanwhile, Kalina couldn't help hearing Scylla admit her love for the fluff. She'd put a hand on Scylla's shoulder. “Don't worry, I totally understand how you feel.”

As Scylla headed over to Mr.S next, the big guy's eyes started to flash again. After a bit of pause, he suddenly spoke up. “I remember! Them vampire... she been plotting to kill them mayor!” He called out. “She been plotting to make them murder be a show of power, them's be her plan...”

As if all of that wasn't enough, those with Magic >F could feel an unease feeling coming from the box that Scylla had put the crystals in. Those with Magic >E could even feel that, somehow, mana was rapidly being gathered by them. Those with magic >D (so only Scylla) would realise that it wouldn't be long before they'd be done doing so and that the result of it would likely not be pretty... In fact, it would be very dangerous. They might want to stop it or get out of here ASAP.

Finally, as if all that wasn't enough, something suddenly came crashing through the window.

alisen-gant-mechnical-owl-render.jpg

In its beak was a letter, waiting for someone to be picked up and read. Assuming whatever the crystals were doing wouldn't interfere with them first.

Scylla would squint her eyes at Morana, a bit suspiciously as the half construct woman registered Cayde. She wouldn’t say a thing though, Cayde being the leader it only made sense.

After mentioning the bit about the tails, she bashfully turned away, before Chandra spoke up. Scylla just placed her hands over her face and walked away, giggling but quite embarrassed.

Once the witch made her way to Sverre, he suddenly began to go a bit haywire. Although, it was a good kind of ‘haywire’. “Whoa, whoa, it’s okay, one word at a time.” She was taking mental notes however, then turning to Cayde she’d speak up, “Leader Cayde, I think we should listen to Mr.S. I believe him, but if I do then that also means the Mayor is in danger! That’s probably where the vampire is headed right this very moment!” Scylla was a bit frantic, then looked at Morana with obvious concern, “Is there a way you can call him or something?”

Just then, an ominous presence would be felt by everyone attuned to magic. Scylla would feel it the most acutely stepping back and leaning against the table. “Oh wise Niv Mizzet, lend me your wrath.” She muttered her prayer before referring to everyone raising her hands with urgency, “Listen everyone! These stones are pulling in an incredible amount of mana out of the very fabric of reality! We must either leave or prepare to fight whatever break through those orbs!”

It was then that suddenly a strange mechanical owl appeared through the window. “A surprise?” She said with sudden joy as she clapped her hands together at her lips. “From whoever could it be?”

zzShion.png
"We'll discuss my tails and future offers to pet them later." She stated on the way back to the safe room with everyone once she heard Scylla and Chandra have their little pow wow regarding her 'fluff' as they put it.

--

Shion looked over to Sophia when she finally addressed her comment about the armor. "Gambeson, that would work nicely." Of course that wasn't where the conversation ended as Sophia completely misunderstood her reasonings when she mentioned relaying thoughts to the others. She shook her head at the human-identifying Fae.

"Sophia, you misunderstand my intentions. If the vampire can hear anything we're currently saying, if you wish to say something that might be crucial to destroying her or one of our weaknesses we might not want her to know about, it'd be much smarter to relay it to me telepathically than say it out loud. I have no intentions of depriving you of your thoughts for the world to see. If we were to discuss things we'd rather people not hear, trust me, I'd have all of you beat, and I'm not exactly proud of that." Shion explained very poignantly where she stood on the matter before looking over in Chandra's direction as she began picking up her thoughts. Her eyes dimmed a little thinking someone shared her curse of longevity, but she knew all too well where Chandra currently was in her life to be scared of such a prospect. She made eye contact with her, the azure hymn of her mana flow within her irises calming as she looked at her.

"I appreciate your sentiment, Chandra, I won't claimed to have mastered my mindset regarding my lifespan either. I will be, so long as we share company together, always willing to speak with you on such matters. If nothing else...I find it a little comforting my advice might actually hold real weight for someone else." Shion smiled as her thoughts finished transmitting to Chandra. Her smile was short lived however as her gaze shot over to the Dryad.

"I can hear you...but you can't hear me..." She said aloud as she approached where Cayde had Mr. S lay her down, clueing everyone in intentionally that something was happening.

She listened intently to the message, and started relaying relevant information to everyone in the room as it came to her.

"The vampire has an accomplice. A rabbit-eared man. The man cursed her with a branch to weaken her before being cursed. The Dryad's been fighting it ever since. The vampire herself is physically weak, but magically strong. She uses those she corrupts to keep her safe. She made a deal with the man to obtain the Dryad. The Dryad thinks the vampire will be weakened since we saved her...she's at the Airship Dock, and it seems like the vampire's trying to keep some kind of hold on her." Shion's eyes lost their azure hue as she looked at Sverre who was now revealing vital information for everyone. Seems like they finally were fitting many of the pieces together. But then the crystals started to act up, and not in any way that made Shion comfortable. Scylla's words only confirmed it for her.

She spurred herself to action, stepping in front of the table the Dryad was laid onto.

"Let's not take any chances. Everyone, out of the safe house, now! For all we know it could try infecting one of us instead!" Her eyes were drawn to the messanger owl. "Cayde, grab the owl, we can read the message outside!"

Her eyes lit up again as she [Mind Linked] with Scylla, she had a concern regarding Scylla's attempts to persuade everyone to let her keep the crystals earlier. "Velvet, you're tasked with protecting the witch, right? If she tries to hold onto that box, then it looks like it's time to prove that claim. Scylla, I'm sure you can hear me, don't make me actually dislike you."

Shion picked up the Dryad and didn't bother waiting for someone to order Sverre, she moved as quickly as she could out of the safe house, hopefully with everyone else in tow and the crystals left inside. Once she got to what she assumed would be a safe distance, she'd look to whoever she knew would be registered as an admin to Sverre that was closest to her.

"If something doesn't explode in the next couple minutes, have Sverre check on it...best send the one person that can't be corrupted to check on things should it be a false alarm."

Last edited:

Chuckling lightly at Kalina's jest, Cayde crossed his arms, one brow raising in playful skepticism. These small moments of banter were always wonderful. "Oh really? And what would your beloved Sophia say?" He giggled, gesturing to Sophia, "Scylla wouldn't have enough healing magic to put me back together!" With a smile, he looked at Scylla for a backup. However, as he listened to her and Sverre, his face immediately hardened. This vampire didn't waste any time. Neither should they. "Then we'll have to start moving now," He nodded to everyone in the room, resting a hand on the butt of his crossbow, "She's gonna rear her ugly mug again. This just might be our chance!"

Even as adrenaline spiked in his blood, it felt like something was missing. If the vampire wanted to attack the baron, she'd try to do it wherever he was. But where was he? Would they reach him in time? Cayde bit his lip, then attempted to form a command for Morana. But Shion's words - the dryad's words left his mouth slightly agape. Where to start? "So the vampire's working with someone else..." He mumbled, rubbing at his temples, "So that's another person we'll have to find if they're still in this city." Then, his eyes flashed wide open, "And if she's at the Airship Docks now, then maybe she's preparing to ambush the baron! And who knows what other monstrosities tagged along with her?" Taking a breath, Cayde moved towards the exit, "We've got our next location. Let's grab everything and go!"

But something felt off. The air suddenly felt heavy, a familiar tingling sensation enwrapping his body before being pulled into the corner of the room. Cayde heard glass shatter, then Shion and Scylla urging everyone to leave. As his mind worked, adrenaline spiked through his system again. This time it felt necessary. "Follow Shion!" He called out to everyone before moving back and hastily grabbing the owl. He glanced behind him at the box in the corner and shook his head, following Shion to a safe distance outside. Explosions, monsters, spells, or whatever, no one should've been here when it happened.

Iberis Odhir
Iberis gave a slower nod back and her face sort of looked like she was in thought in that moment. While she was in thought, there were several conversations going on which didn't mention her but she did listen too. Shion was right they needed to be-careful about what they were saying, as they had no way of verifying the extent of recon the vampire had on them in that moment.

Tthe next words which caught Iberis's attention was Mr. S exclaiming that the vampire was planning on killing that construct mayor that had been doing much of this to help with. In addition Shion's extra information she was getting and sharing was also of interest to Iberis as she honed in on it about the accomplice. "Thanks for the intelligence, I have a feeling this'll be essential." She was in agreement with the others of it being important.

Then it wasn't long before Iberis was experiencing the latest problematic development, thanks to her higher magic, although it wasn't higher than D she did sense the crystals were gathering a large amount of mana which was only going to prove to be unstable if it continued at that rate even if she wasn't sure how long it'd be until they reached critical mass due to her magic not being higher than D. Everyone who learned the very basics of magic surely knew this very simple fact that mana in vast quantities could be extremely dangerous and reactive. While she gripped her staff tighter with growing anxiety at this realization, Iberis jumped a bit with surprise when the mechanical bird thing crashed into the not so safe safe house now.

Just like that most in the room were alarmed by the crystal activity, with so many unknowns this was the safest move since as much as Iberis would have liked to have tried to force the crystals to hold with some sort of magic, they weren't sure with what sort of reaction they were dealing with, and Shion brought up a valid point what if the curse wasn't destroyed and attempted to move something else after breaking free. It could very well be in the perimeters of the Vampire's style of magic for all they knew.

"Heading out!" she'd exclaim following after the others who were following Shion to get a safe distance away from whatever was dangerous thing was going to occur.

Safe Room 002
Time: 04:05 Weather Inside, water leaking, fairly dark.
rinne-park-04.jpg

Morana
HWvrQTS.jpg

Morana shook her head at Scylla's question. “I've purposefully ensured there is no way to contact him through me, so that the thrall or vampire can't use it to lure him into a trap.” From behind her mask. “It's worrying that she still might've found a way to get to him.”

Kelsey, Morana and Kalina would all perk up when Shion suddenly started talking for the Dryad. (Sverre was just staring off into the intermediate distance.)

Chandra Jarmil

Kalina smiled at Cayde's reply. “Who's to say she wouldn't just want to join in? I think you're underestimating her~” She'd say, with a wink towards Sophia herself.

As for the news about the vampire, that was good news. Kalina smiled a bit. “Physically weak...? That means we'd just need a chance to sneak up on her. Between me, Kelsey and the Vampire Hunters, we should be able to do so, right?” She'd ask. This felt like they'd have their plan of attack planned out for them... but surely it couldn't the that easy. Otherwise that vampire would've have made it this far.

That's when things went down, as the mages picked up on the crystals going wild in all the worst possible manners.

Cayde was able to grab the owl (and I'll be lenient and say that includes the letter it was carrying) as he rushed out. The mechanical thing felt oddly warm to the touch, with some steam escaping small vents beneath its wings.

Shion was able to grab the Dryad (although getting down the stairs of the safehouse with her was a challenge and a half when being in a rush).

With Iberis heading out as well, Morana and Kelsey followed up. In fact, perhaps it was her mother's instincts still lingering somewhere, but Morana even made sure to command Sverre to “Run out of here!” to get the construct to start hurrying up and out of this place as well, rather than to keep staring off into the intermediate distance until... whatever would happen happened.

That 'whatever' happened not too long after. It wasn't a curse spreading. It wasn't something being summoned. It was a plain and simple explosion... Except that it was strong enough to blast the entire roof off of the building. There was nothing left of the safe house, the floor below it soon caving in as well until the entire building crumbled down. Luckily enough, it looked like nobody had been in it (other than them) at this time of day. As it exploded, the mages within the group could feel the pressure from explosion having been filled to the brim with a vile sense of mana/magic.

Once outside (hopefully with Scylla having been brought out by Velvet and Sophia having made it out as well), they could only stand and stare at the destruction for a bit. They'd likely have been dead or severely wounded had they not gotten out. If they needed more reason to hunt down the vampire, they'd sure have it right now. After all, this almost felt... intentional.

Were Cayde to check the letter in the owl's beak, he'd see a hastily scrabbled note.Vampire caught onto Yumi. Vampire's undead are on the offensive. We're pinned down. Find her quickly.

It looked like the vampire hunters, wherever they were, became the hunted ones, with the vampire having send her undead to fight them.

They wouldn't have a long time to think about their next moves. After the explosion that just happened, it was likely that law enforcement would show up. It'd probably be best to leave now and explain later, if they wanted to hurry up and find the vampire and get rid of her and her undead spawn.

On the topic of hurrying, Morana was eager to do so. “If we head out now, we might be able to get there within the hour. Trains aren't running this early... someone should probably take the Dryad elsewhere, so that we won't be slowed down. Maybe we should have Sverre do it, considering his current mental state.” It was clear she wanted to head over to the airship docks as soon as possible, hoping the others would comply.

0EC0DF49-AADD-47E8-B2A3-787A533D2ECB.png

“N-no I’m not leaving! These precious crystals will make me so famous! And I mean fa-“ she’d hold her face, bowing her head as if trying to hold something back as she shivered. “S-stop it!” She’d exclaim before falling to her knees. “You’re going to ruin everything!”

Shions taunt didn’t help.

Then you leave me no choice witch.

Suddenly, a katana blade would come out of the witches chest, Scylla would fall to her knees, wheezing as she did everything she could to keep Velvet from being summoned, “I.. won’t., let you.” The witches form would quickly evaporate into thin air, leaving behind the Oni form.

“Power. Fame. Fortune. All fleeting distractions. You have much to learn, witch.”

The Oni would open her eyes, as she once again drew breath from the mortal realm. Taking the clockwork owl in her arm, she quickly made her way out along with the others. Walking a bit behind Shion she began as they made haste, “That taunt was in poor taste, Fox. Although, it was quite the cunning move.”

once back outside of the building, the Oni looked on as the entire safe house exploded. She wouldn’t even flinch however, she did blink a bit though as she shook her head and looked down, closing her eyes.

You could have gotten yourself killed here, witch. You’re disappointing.

The witch was silent in the Oni’s mind. Probably for the best.

Little did anyone know that on her way out of the safe house she had acquired the strange food jelly stuff, to which she helped herself to with no complaints.

CaydeEVO.jpg

When the building erupted into a colossal explosion, Cayde felt his heart skip a beat. Mouth going dry, he took a subconscious step back, his hair standing on end. All this power was stored in just two crystals? It would've killed them all. He blinked a few times, the thought reverberating before twisting into one horrifying question. Did that kill anyone? "Wait! Is everyone here? Are we all okay?!" Cayde cried, frantically searching the party behind him. He double-checked, triple-checked, quadruple-checked—nothing but familiar faces with no injuries apparent. Sweet relief. "Thank God..." He wiped a bead of sweat from his forehead and turned to look at the devastated building. Rage built behind his eyes, teeth clenching tight. An underhanded attack from an underhanding monster. They'd make it her last.

Only then did Cayde notice the warmness radiating from his hand. He peered down into his palm at the mechanical owl, removing the note from its beak. His brows furrowed as he read, a sigh escaping him as he stuffed the message into a pocket, "It's from the Vampire hunters. The vampire sent her undead after them, and now they're fighting as we speak." Cayde shook his head and reached for his mask, "It's just us now," After a pause, he looked at each party member, studying their faces. They've been through so much. Pushed through even more. They'd just need to do it again. He'd no doubt they could. "And I wouldn't have it any other way." He said one last smile before clasping his mask onto his face, "Come on, let's do this!"

Nodding to Morana's suggestion, Cayde turned to Sverre, "Right, Mr. S, I want you to take the Dryad to the tavern and set her in one of the bedrooms there," He looked to Shion, beckoning her over to Sverre, "It's the only other 'safe' place in this city I know." Then, pointing at the Dryad, he said, "I want you to stay with her too. Defend her. Just in case our vampire wants to tie up any loose ends."

He addressed the party next, "We'll follow Morana to the Docks. If we find the vampire and her army, we'll have to take them on. Otherwise, we should scout around and see where they could be hiding. Additionally, if we see Baron Fromme, we get him out of there ASAP." Cayde readied his crossbow, hastily reloading a fresh bolt, "If I have to guess, we won't be seeing the vampire on the battlefield. She'll be commanding her army from the shadows, y'know? We've got to prioritize finding her. Does anyone have anything that could help with that?"

Iberis Odhir
Iberis also found herself relieved when she got a safe enough distance away presumably, however far Shion had gone, and she looked backed, after the startling massive explosion of magical energy which had come from the crystals, to the point where the safe house had been totaled. There wouldn't have been any time to move it anywhere safer to go off as it would have damaged other things, perhaps it was better it was left in the building to be more contained in that sense.

It looked like no one had been injured which was extra good. The news from the letter was less good however. She really was curious about how the owl functioned, was it magic, technology or some combination? If Iberis had more time for leisure she would have loved to have found out.

The relief extended to her realizing not long after Cayde, whose voice had been alarming at first that everyone had actually made it out alive. Now there was the matter of that strange 'bird' and it letter it had, as well as the fact that they needed to deal with dryad. Iberis gave a nod at Morana's suggestion and Cayde's acceptance. "I do think that's our best bet. Sverre should be more than adequate for the task."

It sounded like the group would be heading to the heading to the docks. Morana seemed like she had the right idea here. Her interests were the same as there's as far as protecting the Baron went, and it was very obvious Morana probably had experience killing bad guys, and thats what it sounded like they were probably going to have to do; kill bad guys, so it was pretty much a no brainer as far as Iberis was concerned, particularly when she heard Cayde agree.

"Yeah if everyones' alright sounds like we better get a move on with the mindset that we'll probably need to engage in combat again against a potentially powerful. adversary. I'll be able to provide support like usual." Unfortunately for the later part of Cayde's question, Iberis didn't exactly have a solution to it, she didn't have time to study the curse more in depth and perhaps try to get some kind of magical signature on it to try to fool around with and figure out if she could come up with some magic to help them locate the origin..there just hadn't been enough time for any of that sort of tinkering everything had been so fast. Hopefully someone else would have an answer for that but for now Iberis was ready to get a move on when the rest of the group was.

zzShion.png
As Shion was the first one out, she held a sigh of relief as everyone else made it out safely after the explosion, herself shifting her body to try and shield the Dryad from any incoming debris before hand. Once she settled down, she heard Velvet claim her words were a taunt. She looked up at the demon tasked with protecting the witch.

"What taunt? I meant every word. If Scylla had gotten herself killed because she got seduced by the darker magical arts, I would've been furious with her. I'll admit my thoughts were a bit insensitive for the situation, but under no circumstance would I have been satisfied with the alternative. If hurting Scylla's feelings is going to keep her alive, so be it. I'd have dragged her out by the collar myself if I didn't have to carry her. I care more about keeping my friends alive, if that means doing something they disagree with that's a discussion for after I've done my part. You'd do well to tell her that if she can't hear me."
Shion gestured to the Dryad as she took a moment to rest. She then heard Cayde frantically check his surroundings for everyone before proceeding forth much more level-headed once he realized everyone was safe.

"If the vampire hunters are pinned down, then we can't tarry here much longer. I'll comply." Shion stood with the Dryad in tow and delivered her to Sverre. Her eyes narrowed.

"Keep her safe, got it?" Shion said in a tone that was bordering on threatening, but came off as direly commanding. She looked back at Cayde with an affirming nod.

"Agreed, if the Baron isn't in immediate danger on his arrival, I think we should prioritize locating the vampire. Morana, you can prioritize with protecting the Baron, which I think would give us a good enough opening to find our quarry unless the situation is too dire not to address the Baron's safety first. Does that sound reasonable to everyone?"

She heard Iberis speak up after that, and listening to her gave the kitsune heart as she gave the mage a small smile. She didn't add anything to what the mage said, but her tails started their wave pattern again behind her as she proceeded to pan her gaze over everyone for their thoughts on Cayde's plan with her addendum.

Outside of what used to be Safe Room 002
Time: 04:10 Weather Slight drizzle​

Thanks to Velvet stepping in, everyone made it out unharmed.

Mr.S
lTkTkAG.jpg

He nodded at Cayde's command, picking up the Dryad from Shion. “Aight. Imma make sure she be good.” He promised them.

Chandra Jarmil

“I've got my stealth and my ability to see well in the dark. That should both help.” She offered.

Kelsey
vFt3xH5.jpg

m2cKMHe.jpg

Kensei

“I've got some tricks up my sleeve as well~ Want to race me to it?” Kelsey joined in.

“Sure.” She figured that, if the goal was to take the vampire down as soon as possible, a race might as well be had with it.

Morana
HWvrQTS.jpg

“I... I can try, but defending someone was never my strong suit.” She replied, unsure on how effective she'd be at protecting someone rather than eliminating.

It wouldn't take them too long to reach the airship docks after splitting up (with Mr.S taking the Dryad back to the inn). That said, it was an hour of steady jogging through all of Widersia's back alleys and roads, leaving those of lesser physical condition winded upon arrival.

The Steamwork Airport & Repair
Widersia – Capital – Clockhaven – The Steamwork Airport & Repair
Time: 05:10 Weather Slight drizzle
QH4yFAR.jpg

They wouldn't have time to catch their breath, however, as they'd instantly spot trouble.

2leA6RU.png

Five massive (6 metres / ~20 feet) undead abominations could be seen in the hangar. Two of them (#1 & #2) were smashing away at the airship, which had smoke coming out of its various parts. It was clear it wouldn't be flying anytime soon and that these undead were trying to breach through its hull.

Three others were standing around a much smaller figure, one to her left (#3) one to her right (#4) and one between her and the hangar's entrance (#5). They seemed to guarding here, whilst she kept her eyes on the two that were smashing away at the airship.

???
fK2bskO.jpg
Languages: #Monster#

The woman seemed on edge, speaking in a language unknown to most of the group. #“Just hurry the hell up already.”# Even with the already angry sounding language by default, it was clear she wasn't in a good mood. She also seemed a bit 'stressed' for some unknown reason.

As they approached, Kalina would soon start to vanish from everyone's sights, likely using stealth to start planning an opportunity or angle to attack from. Kelsey became more difficult to spot as well, but with some effort, they'd be able to locate her (especially to those with higher perception and those using other means (like heightened senses) to track someone. They'd likely still be around for a bit longer, should they want to try make a last minute plan before they'd get in hearing range of the vampire and her monstrosities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back