• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Kemonomura Village] - Temple Trial

Novama

One Thousand Club
Mentions: saxon saxon Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia SoftSmile SoftSmile
OOC: We will be keeping a 3 day post frequency per round. The rp is expected to last under 2 months. Ask any and all questions. At present it is a free for all as far as who posts when so long as it is done within the post period. First round may be stretched a bit as folks sort out what they are doing and how they are coming in. Out of combat, action economy will be ignored, but be mindful to play within character limits otherwise. Some abilities are better for ignoring cooldowns than others. I repeat: ask any and all questions. Multiple posts per round are possible and acceptable when not waiting on something from the world (me). Do not wait on others to post unless you have directly told them you are waiting on them and they have told you they will post. Anyone getting skipped is no one's fault but their own.
Time: Sunset
Weather: comfortable temperatures with gentle breeze. mostly clear sky with a few scattered clouds.
Cooldown:
TLDR:
Post Listening:

Whiskered Sake House

Novama_A_cozy_and_tranquil_traditional_Japanese_tavern_known_as_d26db8da-db86-4961-955d-d30b05f998d5.png

This chapter of Isekai Hell begins with the sun casting a warm glow over the village of Kemonomura, nestled within the heart of the Republic. The settlement is bustling with beastmen of various shapes and sizes, going about their daily routines amidst traditional wooden houses adorned with ornate roofs and paper lanterns that gently sway in the breeze. The streets are lined with cherry blossoms, their petals fluttering through the air like a soft pink snow, painting the village with an enchanting serenity.

Our adventurers, Rios, Malik, Māo, and Crymaria, find themselves gathered within the cozy tavern known as the Whiskered Sake House. With sliding paper doors, tatami mat floors, and low wooden tables, the establishment radiates a sense of harmony and tranquility. The party has been brought together by the Adventurer's Guild for an admission test, their first challenge as a newly-formed group.

A wizened old beastman, the guild clerk, hobbles over to their table, presenting them with an ornate scroll. "This is your test," he says, his voice gruff but wise. "You must work together to decipher the riddle within and uncover the secrets it holds. Good luck, young adventurers."

Unfurling the scroll, the group is met with an elegantly-written riddle:

"In the heart of the village, where the spirits reside,
A sacred tree stands tall, a guardian and guide.
Follow its shadow as the sun sets low,
To the place where the waters of wisdom flow.
A hidden path lies beneath your feet,
Unveiled by the whisper of the wind so sweet."

As they ponder the riddle's meaning, Boris the bear can be found outside the Whiskered Sake House, basking in the warm afternoon sunlight. The gentle breeze ruffles his thick fur, as he lies down near a cherry blossom tree. Given his well-behaved nature and the fact that the village is primarily inhabited by beastmen, the locals regard Boris with curiosity and admiration, rather than fear.

A group of young beastman children slowly approach Boris, marveling at his size and strength. Sensing their presence, Boris lifts his head and gazes at the children, his eyes gentle and welcoming. With a playful chuff, he invites them closer. The children, reassured by his friendly demeanor, draw nearer and start to pet his soft fur, giggling with delight as they stroke his massive form.

Boris, enjoying the attention and affection, rolls onto his back, inviting the young ones to give him a belly rub. The children's laughter fills the air, as they oblige, creating a heartwarming scene outside the tavern. As Crymaria and the others work to solve the riddle within, Boris provides a moment of joy and connection with the locals, further endearing the group to the people of Kemonomura.

Malik Seraphim

1683373475360-png.1085024
As Malik examined the ornate scroll, his eyes narrowed in concentration. He traced the lines of text with his fingers and muttered softly to himself. His mind made connections between the different phrases, and he felt a spark of excitement as the meaning became clearer.

He glanced at his fellow adventurers, who seemed absorbed in their own thoughts and discussions about the riddle. Assuming they had reached the same conclusion, Malik casually stated his thoughts aloud, "This line here seems to be pointing to a specific location in the village."

His voice blended with the hum of conversation in the Whiskered Sake House, but he didn't push for attention. Instead, he continued to study the scroll, feeling satisfied that he had contributed to the group's understanding of the riddle. Malik's focus remained on the mysterious message, as he patiently waited for the others to share their insights and form a cohesive plan for their next destination.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zuì Dàmāo

Ibaraki_01.png
Māo was sitting at their table, drinking down copious amounts of sake before the adventure. After the fifth bottle, she slammed it down, focusing on the riddle for only a moment before saying.

“Fuck. I cannot read that.” Her vision was blurring and she had to physically pick up the scroll, handling it roughly as she got a closer look, mouthing the words on it to herself. She puts it down after two whole minutes of staring, satisfied.

“We look for a big ol’ tree in the middle of the village. We’re bound to find a path.” Māo said confidently as she slyly filled up her own giant flask with several sake bottles for the adventure. She didn’t want a repeat of her last adventure. She had nearly spiralled into depression within hours of not having a drink. She hated the feeling of worthlessness she would get whenever she was sober, so she never was. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

She nods her head physically to this thought, her ears twitching in agreement.

While she lets the others read the scroll, she focuses on Malik as a cheshire grin forms on her lips. “So, pretty boy, what brought you here?” Māo sits next to him, flirting.

Novama Novama saxon saxon Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

Mentions: SoftSmile SoftSmile
OOC: assume everyone knows each others' names since they were likely all called to get grouped up in the first place.
TLDR: Malik chats with Mao while the others consider the scroll

Malik Seraphim

Malik's fingers gently traced the intricate patterns on the scroll as Māo confidently stated her interpretation. His eyes flickered up to meet hers, his left eyebrow arching slightly at her somewhat rough handling of the sacred parchment. He chose not to comment on it and instead let his lips curl into a small smile, nodding in agreement with her suggestion. "A large tree in the middle of the village, huh? That could be the key."

As Māo shifted her focus onto him, Malik felt a subtle warmth creeping up his cheeks in response to being called "pretty boy." Despite the unexpected nickname, he managed to maintain his composure, offering her a polite smile in return. "Well, I'm here to join the adventurer's guild. I hear it's an excellent way to earn coin while traveling around if you're capable enough. I'm currently doing some soul searching while I'm seeking someone. What about you, Māo? Why are you trying to join?"

With genuine interest in Māo's story, Malik leaned back in his seat, his posture relaxed but attentive. The silver chain of his necklace caught the warm glow of the lanterns, reflecting the light as it swayed gently with his movements. Though her demeanor was quite different from his own, Malik felt a connection to her as a potential fellow adventurer, and he hoped that their collaboration would be fruitful.

Zuì Dàmāo
Novama Novama
Ibaraki_01.png
Māo laughs at his question, which quickly turns into her coughing.The bell around her neck chimes each time she coughs and it takes her a minute to recover before she chokes out- “Hairball.” She clears her throat before continuing.

“But–Honestly? I have no clue how I got here. I cannot remember the last…8 days give or take. I doubt I’ll remember this. But that’s life, right?” She takes another shot of sake expertly before offering him some. She examines him a bit further, obviously eyeing him up before stopping on his jewellery.

“Pretty necklace.” She comments. “Ugh, my daughter used to love jewellery. Would wear all kinds of colorful bands, necklaces, even cute earrings. I think she would’ve liked your whole style. It's unique.”

Rios
SoftSmile SoftSmile Novama Novama saxon saxon

Rios had watched the discussion between Malik and Mao for a while now. Both of them had rather unique personalities. Malik was calm but incredibly intelligent whereas Mao had that whole flirty thing going on for her. Rios had nothing to add to the conversation because complex puzzles like this weren't exactly his forte. All great adventurers had their weaknesses after all. The tree in the middle of the village was their next destination but he wasn't going to be the one to interrupt the conversations going on. Rios had accepted this job because he was broke. He didn't even have a real weapon. A stick he found in the woods was all he had to protect himself with. Their drinks had been paid for so Rios ordered another one. He'd been drinking pretty light since they all had to head out for this job. Well everyone except Mao who seemed to like drinking a whole bunch. "Ms Mao. Perhaps you could drink a little less just in case this treasure hunt goes a bit crazy?" asked the young aspiring adventurer. The waitress then brought food so naturally Rios began eating a whole bunch. Living that broke life had made him appreciate eating on someone elses coin.

Crymaria sat by the window looking out; Comrade Borris was a little too large to enter the building. Had they come to the village a little bit before Borris would have fit in the building. But the large bear would cause too much of a scene had he entered. Crymaria was leaving the beast Republic when she heard about the scroll-solving mystery. Which she didn't figure was going to be too difficult, though with this place, she figured there could be many things going on.

As the group talked, Mao was going heavy on the drinking, which caused Crymaria to frown as she continued to study the scroll that they had been given. "Well, Comrade Seraphim, the heart of the village, could refer to a temple of some kind or a place where the villagers gather," Crymaria pointed out as she folded her arms across her chest. When Mao spoke up again and called one of their comrades Pretty boy she simply shook her head.

"Comrade Mao, I would strongly advise you to slow down on the drinking; this isn't motherland where you drink vodka to survive,"
Crymaria argued ass he adjusted her hat with a large red star in the center. "Comrade Borris is always eager for a tumble if you want to work off your stupor comrade," Crymaria offered as she reached out the window petting the bear between the ears.

interactions: Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia SoftSmile SoftSmile Novama Novama

Mentions: saxon saxon Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia SoftSmile SoftSmile
OOC:
Weather: comfortable temperatures with gentle breeze. mostly clear sky with a few scattered clouds.
Cooldown:
TLDR: Malik proposes the party starts their search of the village after suggesting Mao slow down the drinking. Boris is on watch.
Post Listening:

Whiskered Sake House

Novama_A_cozy_and_tranquil_traditional_Japanese_tavern_known_as_d26db8da-db86-4961-955d-d30b05f998d5.png

Malik Seraphim

Malik listened carefully to the ideas and suggestions shared by his fellow adventurers. He took a deep breath and nodded thoughtfully, his fingers drumming lightly on the table's surface. "I agree with both Crymaria and Rios. Māo, it might be best to pace yourself with the sake, given the task we have ahead of us."

He looked around the room, his gaze settling on each of his companions in turn. "I believe we should begin our search for the village's heart. The large tree in the middle of the village could be a starting point, as Māo suggested. But we should also be open to other possibilities, such as a temple or a gathering place."

As Malik spoke, Boris the bear outside the Whiskered Sake House continued to stand guard. His keen senses alert to any changes in the environment, he remained vigilant, ensuring the safety of his human companions within the establishment. With a gentle snort, Boris shook his massive head and continued his watchful gaze over the village, unperturbed by the bustling activity of the villagers passing by.

She bursts out with laughter as the group attempts to persuade her to stop drinking. She puts a hand in the air, motioning for them to stop. “Darling this is child’s play. Plus the last little adventure I went on I ran out, so I’m not taking any chances.”

The last adventure she had was absolute hell on her psyche, being sober and accidentally permanently wounding a man for the rest of his life. It made a pit form in her stomach everytime she thought about it. Maybe she would’ve been thinking clearer if her flask was full, after all the only positive thing about her while sober was… She thought for a moment, her eyes narrowing at nothing. She couldn’t think of anything.

Her ears twitch in thought as she slowly takes a sip from her flask, revelling in the spark of heat it sent down her throat as she swallowed.

Let’s just go find that tree and see where it leads. Can’t be that hard, right?”

Liti
MENTIONS: SoftSmile SoftSmile Novama Novama saxon saxon Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

Serene evenings such as these were what made Liti miss her family the most. Often they would venture out to unexplored territories of the vast woodland terrain in Ryke, her and her little sister behaving similar to wild foxes. The two would splash in the cool streams and laugh until their stomachs hurt, their parents watching from somewhere close by, sharing the joy. The cool breeze, which now brought in a tantalizing smell of food and ale with just a hint of fresh leaves, caused goosebumps to rise on the young satyr's dark skin as she sat just outside a beautiful little building- the Whiskered Sake House. Liti wasn't necessarily opposed to drinking, but preferred to have her mind in the right state, especially if she was going to achieve her goal.

That was it. She just had to focus on the adventurer's guild for now. Dwelling on the past had no business in her plans, and she wanted it to stay that way. One kind elven woman whom she'd met just a few days ago had suggested she come here first on some kind of treasure hunt. Supposedly it was only going to boost her chances of getting into the guild, and if she was anything, she was an overachiever. The journey had taken a while from where she'd began when receiving the suggestion, and despite the longing to find wherever the start of this hunt was supposed to be, she'd opted to sit down and take a break. Funnily enough, she wasn't too pressed to get up. The temperature was perfect, and the sights were nothing to stick your nose up at.

Kemonomura was a quaint little place overfilled with different sights, smells, and most importantly, food. And there was a bear! Liti had had her chance to pet him when she'd entered, and now only sat a few feet away, smiling as the village children now took an interest in him. He seemed so calm for a bear, which certainly surprised Liti to no end. She'd never met a tamed one before!

"Well, I'm here to join the adventurer's guild."

The name was not lost to her. Liti's ears perked up in response to the muffled voices coming from inside the Sake House. Leaning over to peek through the nearest window, careful not to brush against the arm that stretched out to pet the bear, she listened with great interest. Four people sat at a round table, so close to the window that Liti could reach in and touch them. The man who spoke- a tall elf with stark white hair and quite a charming smile- talked in rapture with someone who seemed a little too inebriated to do much of anything. Flicking her ear in curiosity, it was all Liti could do to keep from jumping through.

It was a sign, it had to be.

"Stars above, thank you!" With a quick smile to the sky, Liti poked her head in view of the others, waving a hurried "hello" before excusing herself into the conversation.

"You said you are trying to join the adventurer's guild, yes?" The question was pointed to the elf man, though her eyes scanned excitedly over the other faces.

"As am I! I took a quick break on account of the long journey here, you see, and was trying to find this so-called "treasure hunt" that is supposed to help me get in the guild. It must be fate that guided me here! And... and that nice lady, of course. Erm, that scroll you're holding... is that part of this whole thing? Perhaps I can accompany you all to the tree I heard mentioned."

Mentions: saxon saxon Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia SoftSmile SoftSmile Pipsqueak Pipsqueak Shatter Shard Shatter Shard
OOC: Saxon 1 skip, Gaius 1 skip
Cooldown:
TLDR: Malik checks again to see if all are ready to leave on a search. Liti is invited to join them and explained the situation.
Post Listening:

Whiskered Sake House

Malik Seraphim

The mirthful laughter that burst forth from Māo did little to assuage Malik's concern. His amethyst gaze lingered on her with a hint of uncertainty. The alcohol flowed freely with her, a torrent that showed no signs of slowing down. He questioned the wisdom of such indulgence on the eve of an adventure but held his tongue. After all, each adventurer had their own ways of preparing.

Māo's suggestion to move forward in search of the village's heart, the prominent tree she'd mentioned earlier, brought his attention back to the task at hand. "I suppose you're right," Malik agreed, a small smile gracing his lips. "We won't find anything by simply sitting here."

He turned to the others at the table, his eyes seeking agreement. "Shall we then?" His voice was soft, yet carried the firm undertone of a decision made.

The sudden appearance of the young satyr, Liti, was surprising but not unwelcome. Malik found her enthusiasm contagious and her interest in the guild a shared sentiment. He nodded at her request to accompany them. "Of course, you're more than welcome to join us, Liti."

With a cordial gesture, he beckoned her to an empty seat. "We're just about to head out in search of the heart of this village, a grand tree, as per the riddle on this scroll." He carefully unrolled the parchment once more, allowing Liti to glimpse the cryptic writing. "We believe it might guide us to our destination. The treasure hunt you've heard of is indeed tied to our quest."

Leaning back in his seat, Malik offered her an encouraging smile. "We could certainly use an extra pair of eyes. Welcome to our impromptu band of adventurers."

Dayle Keller
"Red Star's Bastard Dog"

Strength
Precision
Intelligence
Vitality
Speed

[ A ]
[ F ]
[ E ]
[ A ]
[ B ]

D

Active Titles:
Human | Thug | Unruffled | Underbelly Survival | Crimson Troop

-The Republic-
Kemonomura

Code by: Shatter Shard

An unassuming man would be in the tavern drinking along with two others, and as time passed by, one of them would stagger up and towards the door, bidding his companions goodbye. The man hiccuped, passing by the bear that had stayed outside, making sure to clear wide from it. Eventually, he reached a secluded area, where Dayle had stayed, playing cards with three of his men. He didn't have his usual outfit out, and instead dressed like a tourist. The chains around his arms were also absent, and his usually combad back hair was unkept and rowdy. "Got an eight of spades?" He asked. One of his goons shook their head as he clutched his hand of cards. "Got only clubs boss." Dayle held his chin in contemplation, before noticing that one of his men has come back.

"Boss -hiccup-, got some news for ya." The staggering goon made his way to the group. "One of 'em new formin adventurer -hiccup- party or whatever." He struggled to form words. "Them said initation, got in -hiccup- a treasure hunt."

"Eh, what's that gotta do with anything?" Dayle questioned. "It's probably an old man's socks or something." Dayle disinterestedly plopped down a card, while the other goons groaned.

"The groups a biggun though. -hiccup-" The goon tried to think. "I think somethin's gotta be in -hiccup- the treasure hunt."

Dayle raised his brow, then shook his head. "Aight. it was getting too boring anyway, might as well tryna do something while out here." Dayle stood up and dusted his clothes. "Where are they heading?"

"Something about the tree in -hiccup- in the middle of the village?"

"Alright." Dayle looked at his goons. "Tell the others to look out for an adventurer party in the middle of the village, near the tree. Get back to me immediately if they see them."

The goons nodded and set off to do his command. Meanwhile, the staggering goon slouched and sat on a tree stump, resting and unbothered. Dayle shook his head before heading towards the center of the village, making sure not to draw too much attention.

Mentions: Shatter Shard Shatter Shard

Zuì Dàmāo
Novama Novama Pipsqueak Pipsqueak
Ibaraki_01.png
Māo jumps up from her seat, ready to get moving. She stops for a second, her eyes dilating as her world begins to spin. “That stuff’s pretty strong, for sure.” Māo laughs out loud, only taking a few seconds to recover.

“I should have asked if there were going to be stairs.” She looks at her elevated shoes. “Can any of you guys say carry a 150 pound woman up stairs? Just in case.” She shrugs off the thought. As long as they weren’t ridiculously high she could probably deal with it on her own anyway.

“Alright, let’s move out before I start drinking again.” Māo had a tendency to drink whenever she got bored, which was very easy for her. “You too, little um.” She snaps her fingers together, trying to think of the name. “Starts with an S. Ugh. Fuck. I thought I knew this one. Satyr!” She shouts after finally thinking of the name, much to the annoyance of some of the others in the establishment. “Yeah, let’s just go…” She says quieter, urging them all out of the door before she creates a havoc.

Mentions: saxon saxon Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia SoftSmile SoftSmile Pipsqueak Pipsqueak Shatter Shard Shatter Shard
OOC: Saxon 2 skip, Gaius 2 skip, pips 1 squip
Time: Evening
Weather: comfortable temperatures with gentle breeze. mostly clear sky with stars and one of the moons
Cooldown:
TLDR: Malik joins the rest of relocating to the heart of the village. No tree, but many things worthy of investigation.
Post Listening:

Kemonomura Village Streets

Novama_stars_peeking_out_from_behind_the_thin_veil_of_clouds_a__30092596-4680-4236-a553-45c15366b50d.png

Malik Seraphim

Malik's gaze flicked between Māo, Liti, and the others in the group, his eyebrows furrowing in contemplation. He was unsure about Māo's desire to push onward despite her obvious state of intoxication, but there was an energy within her that was hard to argue against. Malik sighed, his shoulders falling as he relented.

"Alright, let's go find that... landmark at the center of the village," he agreed, his voice trailing off as he turned to face the others, seeking their concurrence. Liti's eager appearance and request to join them were accepted without hesitation. She seemed genuinely interested and her enthusiasm was refreshing.

As the group began to move, the night settled around them, stars peeking out from behind the thin veil of clouds, a silver moon casting long shadows onto the cobblestone streets. The center of Kemonomura, once a bustling hub of daytime activity, had softened into a serene tableau, lit by the warm glow of lanterns. The buildings, a mix of traditional Japanese architecture and more modern styles, encircled an open square, the supposed heart of the village.

Contrary to their initial expectations, there was no literal tree in the middle of the square. Instead, stood an imposing statue, a testament to the village's rich history. It was a figure of a samurai, steadfast and strong, his hands resting on a wooden staff that extended high above his head. Intricate carvings of foliage spiraled up the staff, giving the impression of a tree.

Around the statue, an assortment of attractions spread out, each more interesting than the last. To the left, a row of stalls sold a variety of local delicacies, the tantalizing aromas wafting through the air. To the right, an open stage where villagers held performances or community events, currently empty but still resonating with the echo of laughter and applause.

Further off, a small, well-kept garden, filled with vibrant flowers and intricately trimmed shrubbery, offered a quiet place for contemplation. And not too far from it, the entrance to what appeared to be an underground passage, cloaked in mystery and inviting exploration.

"All right," Malik muttered, taking in the scene, "let's see what this village heart has to offer." With that, he moved forward, his eyes scanning their surroundings, anticipation thrumming through his veins.

Rios
Novama Novama SoftSmile SoftSmile Shatter Shard Shatter Shard saxon saxon Pipsqueak Pipsqueak

Rios was pretty sure that he wouldn't have anything to add to this complex puzzle solving. So naturally he decided to rely upon the one thing that had never ever failed him. Chugging the rest of his completely non-alcoholic drink that he had brought along with him. Obviously he was going into the spooky underground passage once he had exhausted his other avenues of investigation. First he sampled some of the local food and lamented not having more money with which to purchase more with. Cleaning his sauce covered face and scratching the back of his head. Rios walked on up to the statue of the noble samurai warrior and inspected it with his [Appraisal D] to see if there was anything that just anyone could figure out about the statue. Obviously the tree in the riddle wasn't here. However the wooden staff held by this stony warrior could have been made by some kind of sacred tree at some point in the past. Perhaps if he were to swap it with his stick, some kind of secret hidden cave would open up. The locals would be none too happy most likely but it was better to apologize over what had happened than agonize over what could have been. Triggering his [Lucky D] and scrambling up the public monument in full view of his party. Rios tried to do the ol switcheroo on the staff held by the statue and his stick.

IMG_0070.png

ST3-LL4
Mentions: Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

OOC: Permission granted to join RP by Novama Novama .
When Stella was told by the Adventurer’s Guild representative in Ryken that the group that would take up the admission test would meet up in a tavern called the Whiskered Sake house in Kemonomura Village, she failed to ask the representative when exactly they’d be meeting up. By the time she’d arrived at the tavern in question, the sun had already set, and there didn’t seem to be anyone that would fit the “adventurer” look around. At the very least, no one she could see was armed. “I’d ask around,” she thought. “But…” She looked down at her clothes and winced. “I’m scared I might frighten someone… I’ve been getting strange looks since I arrived here, and I’m not even sure if the problem is my body or my clothes. I wish I could afford one of those traditional outfits they’re all wearing.”

Stella’s search led her to the town square. “Judging from the list of names on the list, it sounds like the other adventurers would be just as foreign as I am… I hope they stick out like a sore thumb too. That’d make them easier to…”

Stella’s train of thought was cut off when her eyes landed on the statue at the very center of the square. Her attention wasn’t fixated on the statue itself, however, but on the person reaching out towards it. He had the appearance of a young man, but he wasn’t wearing the traditional clothing she’d mentioned earlier. As if that wasn’t enough, he had his hands on the staff held by the statue! Stella was out of touch in more ways than one, but even she had the common sense to respect other places’ cultural landmarks.

Regardless, instead of confronting the man outright, she hesitated.
What if this is part of the test?” she asked herself. “I wouldn’t want to sabotage this person’s operation. I’m certain this is one of the candidates; he definitely looks the part.”

She decided it was best to rush to his aid. The staff looked rather heavy, and she was pretty strong herself. She wasn’t sure if her [Superstrength F] would be able to even move that staff on her own, but with another person’s help, it could be worth a shot. As such, she called for the man’s attention, completely unaware she may not have been as discrete as she’d wanted to. “Excuse me. Do you require assistance?”

Upon seeing the statue in the middle of the village instead of the great tree she imagined, she audibly sighed before huffing out a breath of annoyance. “This is why I failed English class. Why can't they just say what they mean?”

“I think I’ll leave the thinking up to you guys.”
Māo looks around anyway, automatically going to the sound of the people before eyeing the garden. She backtracked a bit, looking at the flowers. “These are to die for.” Admiring the flowers for a moment, she thinks about taking one but decides against it. Where would she even put a flower?

Snapping her fingers, she indicated an idea to herself. Māo swipes one of the vibrant flowers, her claws slicing it from its stem with ease. She takes a moment to get it to stay in her hair before sneezing. “Goodness!”

Stepping away from the flowers to retreat from the pollen, Māo goes a bit further into the garden when she spots it. She looks over to the group to call on them, her eyes narrowing with disappointment when she sees one of them on the statue. “Ugh, get down from there! Come over here for a minute.”

She shakes her head solemnly, a bit of melancholy washing over her expression before she lets out a long sigh. Tiffany always used to climb things when she was little, much to her mother's embarrassment. Māo crosses her arms as she waits.

Dayle Keller
"Red Star's Bastard Dog"

Strength
Precision
Intelligence
Vitality
Speed

[ A ]
[ F ]
[ E ]
[ A ]
[ B ]

D

Active Titles:

-The Republic-
Kemonomura

As Dayle walked towards the center, one of his goons came back. "Uh, boss. There ain't no tree in the middle." He shrugged. "Instead, it's some statue."

"Huh."
Dayle muttered.

"And them group you's was talkin about. They startin fiddlin around the statue."

"Gotta hurry up then." Dayle hastened his pace, blending in with the scene as another simple man. Eventually, he arrived not too far from the statue, trying his best to blend among the crowd. His eyes were focused on the people at the center. However, he was not alone. Twenty three of his men were already planted around, blending in with the crowd while making intermittent glances at the group. He himself was situated nearest to the group, but far enough to be moderately unnoticeable.

"What's your plan boss?" The goon that came with him whispered.

"Observe first." He answered, before nodding towards a direction. "You go with the others. I'll stay here."

With a nod, the goon left and went to a nearby stall to buy something to eat. Dayle observed the group, noting the diversity of the cast. An elf, a cat woman, what seemed to be a doll, a satyr, and a few humans with peculiar airs to them. They were obviously non-locals, given that they were dressed unlike the people going about their days and the square. Nevertheless, Dayle needed to figure out how the grouped worked first. It would be unfunny if he were to jump on them, only to find out they were people of significant reputation. Fortunately for him, he could see that the people in the group were unlikely to be nobles. He is also careful about causing a commotion. He was in a foreign land, in a place with a lot of people. If he took a wrong move, it could end in a worse way than death. Until the group decides to move to a more secluded place, Dayle was not going to make a move.

IMG_0070.png

Model ST3-LL4
Mentions: Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia , SoftSmile SoftSmile , Novama Novama , Pipsqueak Pipsqueak , Shatter Shard Shatter Shard , saxon saxon

Stella heard a voice call for her to “get down from there” and to “come over there for a second…”

At least, she thought she was being spoken to. She couldn’t tell for sure if it was just the young man or if the request included her as well, but the scantily clad Beastwoman was definitely addressing at least one of them. Not to mention, if the young man was being beckoned over, that meant he would not be interacting with the statue, and thus would not require Stella’s assistance. As such, she arrived at the conclusion that she should apologize to the cat lady as if she was just at fault.

Stella held her clasped hands to her chestplate and whimpered, saying, “Ah, I’m sorry! I assumed this adventurer needed help performing an… adventurous task.”

She didn’t notice how silly she sounded until the words had left her speakers. In her head, she executed a system command, which is technical jargon for how she performs calculations and manages information in her head. “Set reminder to refresh my memory on adventurer lingo. Priority: Critical.” Now that the apology had left her mouth though, she let her optical sensors take in as much information as she could about the lady that had called her over… not like there was much room for imagination when it came to this one in particular.

She was very well-endowed for a Beastfolk, or at least one of the Cat variety. Stella knew it was taboo for anyone to stare at a woman’s chest for too long, and even though she didn’t really classify as a “person”, she wanted to be treated as such, and thus held herself to any standards she’d hypothetically hold herself to if she was born a human. As such, she resorted to the most logical action to take immediately after committing a social faux pas.
“I’m sorry,” she said.

There were several questions she felt like she should have asked the catwoman immediately following that apology, and first on that list was “How do you move with those?” but she’d gone through enough embarrassing situations to understand that you don’t really ask strangers stuff like that out of the blue. Speaking of strangers…

“I should probably execute my introduction protocol before I forget again,” she thought to herself.

She gave the cat lady as bright a smile as she could and introduced herself, saying, “I am Autonomous Assistance Unit, Model ST3-LL4. You can call me Stella, for short. I’m applying for the Adventurer’s Guild, and I was told to meet up with the other applicants in this town.” She took a look around and noticed an assortment of different characters. Among them were two humans, a Satyr, a Fae… and of course, this Beastfolk lady. “You all look very different from the average citizen here… I take it you’re the applicants I’m looking for?”

Mentions: saxon saxon Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia SoftSmile SoftSmile Pipsqueak Pipsqueak Shatter Shard Shatter Shard Trystan1295 Trystan1295
OOC: Saxon 3 skip, Gaius 2 skip, pips 2 skip
Weather: comfortable temperatures with gentle breeze. mostly clear sky with stars and one of the moons
Cooldown:
TLDR: Malik shines a light on the situation and the next part of the riddle is now ready to be found.
Post Listening:

Novama_stars_peeking_out_from_behind_the_thin_veil_of_clouds_a__30092596-4680-4236-a553-45c15366b50d.png

Malik Seraphim

Malik watched as Rios clambered onto the statue, a bemused smile tugging at his lips. The younger man's approach was unorthodox and, to some, potentially disrespectful, but there was a spark of insight in his actions that Malik couldn't ignore. Rios was LUCKY he didn't break the statue's held staff.

"Rios," he called up to the young man with a teasing edge in his voice, "Ever the literalist, aren't you? While I don't think your approach is completely off, I'd recommend a little more subtlety, less... ostentatious acrobatics. Remember, we're in someone else's home."

Turning back to the riddle, he mulled over the words once again, repeating them aloud as he looked around the square. The mention of a tree, a shadow, whispers of the wind... all painted a picture in his mind that seemed to swirl around the statue in the town square.

Suddenly, a spark of insight flashed across Malik's face, like a lantern being lit in the darkness. "Wait," he said, looking up at the statue. "Rios, you may be onto something here. The statue, the tree—it's not about the literal tree, but the symbolic one. And the shadow..."

An idea sprang into his mind, and with it, a plan formed. Malik could manipulate light, an ability that might help decipher the next clue. He closed his eyes and reached for a crystal flower hanging from his armor , focusing his energy while whispering a string of phrases in a foreign tongue. With a soft sigh, a faint glow emitted from his body, ethereal and soft, shimmering like a small sun. He directed this light towards the statue, casting a long, defined shadow that stretched across the square.

"If the statue is our 'tree', then its shadow could be our guide. As the sun sets low..., we just need to find the right direction to throw the shadow perhaps. A 'hidden path beneath our feet', perhaps?"

As he observed the statue's shadow, he looked to his companions, his eyes glinting with eagerness. "Let's keep our eyes open, and let's keep searching the area."

Looking up at Rios, Malik gave a nod of approval. "Not so off the mark, Rios. Sometimes the bold move is the right one. Let's see where this 'tree's' shadow leads us." Malik would continue creating a magical light behind the statue. The sun had already set, so knowing the precise angle that was needed would be guess work. Now the question was what could be waters of wisdom?

Rios
Novama Novama SoftSmile SoftSmile Pipsqueak Pipsqueak Shatter Shard Shatter Shard saxon saxon Trystan1295 Trystan1295

Rios was in the midst of attempting to swap out his stick for the staff when he was met with comments from both a strange construct girl and Ms Mao. Now Rios was by no means an expert on advanced magical engineering. He could however, understand that whoever made this girl must have been a genius. Noticing some guy throw away his skewer while some meat was still on there. Rios leaned over to shake his fist at such an uncouth monster. Unfortunately this caused him to fall off the statue and land on that same guy. It was LUCKY that there was some dude here to break his fall. He mentioned something about his Boss but Rios just assumed that meant he was on break from work. Standing up and walking back to the group. Rios got to meet Stella the construct girl who was going to be joining their little group of adventurers. Malik and Ms Mao both appeared to have deciphered clues about where they were meant to go next. Rios was very bad at puzzles which was why he was happy to have contributed via his acrobatic escapades. "Ah yes, I didn't mean to do that at all but I am happy things have turned out like this" said the young adventurer while placing his hands on his hips. He had strapped his stick back where it was in a sling because scabbards cost money and he didn't even have a sword in the first place. Wanting to assist Malik with whatever it was he was doing in regards to his magic. Rios began spamming [Appraisal D] on the area where the man was shining his light to see if anything looked out of the ordinary.

Dayle Keller
"Red Star's Bastard Dog"

Strength
Precision
Intelligence
Vitality
Speed

[ A ]
[ F ]
[ E ]
[ A ]
[ B ]

D

Active Titles:

-The Republic-
Kemonomura

Dayle tapped his feet, looking at the group do their thing. Although he knew they were treasure hunting, their actions seemed very strange to him as they moved and talk about. He was unable to hear their conversation, but he could tell how casual they were from the way they moved. He was unsure if they knew each other, or they were just too trusting of other people despite being strangers. With that in mind, he signalled one of his goons to come over.

"Yeah boss?"

"Go to them." He ordered. "See what they're up to."

"Got it boss."

With a confident stride, the goon made their way towards the group and called out to them. "Hey, what you all doing ova there?" He stopped just bit far from them. The group can see that he looked like a foreigner. In fact, his face is familiar to Ryken citizens as he too has the generic features of one. "I mean, it's not my business to pry, but there's a lot of yous swarmin the statue." He crossed his arms, waiting for an answer.

IMG_0070.png

Model ST3-LL4
Mentions: Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia , Novama Novama

Stella’s humor circles were tickled when she noticed Rios shaking his fist at someone who threw away his skewer too early. She was actually surprised she found herself giggling, since looking at other people enjoying food has a tendency to give her great sorrow instead. “This Rios guy is actually pretty funny,” she thought to herself.

When the fae man praised Rios’s intuition, Stella felt a wave of validation and relief wash over her, even knowing she wasn’t even mentioned. She wasn’t used to taking the right decisions on her first try, since like most computers, she really only learned by making mistakes and correcting them in post. The fae man soon went on to talk about some sort of riddle. “That’s the guild application test, isn’t it?” she asked herself in her head. She had very little, if anything, to add to the conversation, so she just quietly stepped to the side and observed Rios using some sort of skill onto seemingly random spots in an area where the fae was shining a magical light on.

Seeing the two putting in effort to arrive at an answer made gears—or rather, her hard drive—turn. “A hidden path beneath our feet… waters of wisdom…” Stella closed her eyes, and her “mind” raced with a flurry of ideas for what that phrase could meant, at such speeds that someone within a close vicinity could hear the whirring of her hard drive and feel hot air escaping through a pair of vents conveniently hidden behind her ears. It took her a couple seconds, but she arrived at a potential conclusion. She tapped the side of her fist against her open palm and exclaimed, “I think I got it! I’m not sure about the ‘wisdom’ part, but the riddle could be talking about a sewage system! It’s a series of tunnels carved under a city that are filled with used water and… human waste.”

As the words left her mouth, she noticed she had yet to confirm something very important about her suggestion. She let out a nervous laugh and asked the fae, “Does… this village even have a sewage system?”

Mentions: saxon saxon Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia SoftSmile SoftSmile Pipsqueak Pipsqueak Shatter Shard Shatter Shard Trystan1295 Trystan1295
OOC: Saxon 4 skip, Gaius 2 skip, pips 3 skip, Soft 1 skip
Cooldown:
TLDR: Malik shines a light on the situation and the next part of the riddle is now ready to be found.
Post Listening:

Malik Seraphim

Malik watched the events unfold with a relaxed interest, taking in Rios's tumble from the statue, the arrival of a rather imposing stranger, and Stella's sudden epiphany about the riddle. His gentle laugh broke the silence, a warm sound that seemed to soothe the tension around them.

"Firstly, Rios," he began, turning his attention to the young man. "I'm glad you're okay after your little fall. Acrobatics may not have been your intention, but it brought some spirit to our discussion. And your efforts were appreciated." He nodded at the youth, a gesture of camaraderie.

Malik then shifted his gaze to the newcomer, Dayle's goon, his gentle demeanor not wavering in the slightest. "Good evening, friend," he called out. "We're a group of adventurer applicants currently working on an assignment. We mean no harm to the statue or the village." His words were clear and inviting, a diplomatic reassurance meant to assuage any concerns.

Finally, his violet eyes turned to Stella, a smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "An interesting interpretation, Stella. A sewage system would indeed be a hidden path beneath our feet. However, this village is quite small, and it is unlikely to have such infrastructure." His voice was calm and comforting, acknowledging her contribution while gently correcting her assumption.

"But your line of thought is not wrong..." Malik continued, his gaze still fixed on Stella. "The riddle might refer to something on or just beneath the surface... perhaps the village’s cobblestone paths? As for the waters of wisdom... maybe a local well or spring? And it was mentioned that we should follow the shadow of the tree. Let's try combining all these clues and see what we find."

Malik’s aura of calm and patience pervaded the space around them. His thoughtful gaze returned to the statue, mentally mulling over the clues they had gathered. Doing his best to recall where the sun set, he shifted his magical light around the statue so the statue would cast a long dark shadow in the direction it would have during the setting sun. The shadow reached into the gardens where Mao had been.

Like an emerald tapestry woven by nature herself, the garden was an assortment of vibrantly colored flowers, winding paths, and magnificent sculptures representing the spirits of old. Majestic trees reach skyward, their leaves whispering ancient stories to the wind.

At the garden's core, a sacred tree stands sentinel, rivaled only by the village's statue in its significance. A grand, ancient tree, its branches create a verdant canopy, providing a cool respite from the sun on summer days. Its trunk, gnarled and scarred with age, holds the engravings of many past generations. At night, the tree loomed like the shadow of a giant.

On the western edge, a bubbling brook meanders through the lush foliage, its waters clear and sparkling in the moonlight.

A stone path, almost hidden by the overgrown grass and moss, runs parallel to the brook. It leads deeper into the garden, into a secluded grove where one can hear the faint whisper of the wind. Overhead, wooden wind chimes hang from the trees, their melodious notes adding to the symphony of natural sounds.

The garden, under the evening glow, seemed to come alive with an ethereal beauty. It was a mystical place, teeming with the unseen presence of the spirits, whispering secrets and wisdom to those patient and attuned enough to listen.

Last edited:
OOC: Saxon 5 skip, Gaius 3 skip, pips 4 skip, Soft 2 skip, shatter 1 skip, trystan 1 skip
Cooldown:
TLDR: Party failed to work together and never found the end of the riddle
Post Listening:

Malik Seraphim

Malik, too distracted by using his magic and trying to puzzle out the riddle, failed to notice the growing discord between his allies. Despite their need to work together now more than ever to continue their mission, they were too divided and unfocused. The party failed to solve the riddle or meet the other trials waiting for them. Dayle would find nothing worth his time as consequence. Perhaps they would succeed next time, but this time would be purely a learning experience.

The End

Isekai Hell Grade

Novama Novama Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Pipsqueak Pipsqueak Shatter Shard Shatter Shard SoftSmile SoftSmile Trystan1295 Trystan1295 saxon saxon

This rp really struggled to the end. Not clear what happened, but without word or warning from most the posts just stopped coming. The sudden wrap up means no one really got what they wanted, but at least some points are coming our way. Here's hoping better success and communication in future IH endeavors.

Aftermath:
The adventurers failed to live up to the minimum requirements for joining the adventurer's guild in the area. They could try again in the future.

Rewards:

Malik - 30pts (narrator bonus)

Stella - 12pts

Dayle - 10pts

Mao - 9pts

Rios - 7pts

Liti - 6pts

Crymaria - 2pts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back