• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Nan Pass Village] Search for the Skythorn Blossom

Rios
Mentions: Giftvi Giftvi Elvario Elvario Moonberry Moonberry

Rios had just managed to climb onto the bear when the combined efforts of the attack party had nearly gotten him chucked off the wounded beast. Luckily he was able to stay on thanks to the convenient thrusting of his sword into its hide. Unfortunately it seemed to have got stuck inside all that tensed up flesh. Rios was less than pleased that this was how his brand new sword would inevitably break given his track record. As for HOW he managed to get new swords on such short notice given that he was broke. This pair of swords was a prize he got in a raffle. Third place prize actually, with first place being a lifetime supply of animal crackers. He had been aiming for those animal crackers given he could keep some and sell the rest. Now his prized swords were in danger of being damaged due to this big ass bear's shenanigans.

Not wanting the Bear to in any way hurt his weapons. Rios grasped the handle of his weapon and pushed it EVEN DEEPER into the bear. He was going to make sure this thing died and this fight ended HERE. As for what he would do afterward. Aedrianna seemed like she was doing JUST fine with the fox and weasel pair helping her out with looking for that flower of hers. Hopefully there'd be some downtime after killing the bear where Rios could dig around in the mines for that Mithril. Thaddeus and Aedrianna both seemed convinced the whole thing was a baseless rumor. However Rios was flat broke and needed money given that the down payment he got would be sliced in half to fix his weapons. After that he'd have to buy food and drink, which would take up the rest. Forget being able to afford an inn room given that he expected to have no money at that point.

Actions:
.Stab Bear = Fighting Style E + Multidimensional F
.Check on Aedrianna
.Cry at Financial Situation

Kota
Ueqtocv.png

Titles: Beastman (Mundane), Kitsune, Isekai
Character Sheet
Mentions: Elvario Elvario Moonberry Moonberry Rcticwolf Rcticwolf

Blood smeared the Kitsune's robe as the bear was sent off balance. Kota would wince in pain from the attack as it wasn’t the most practical but it was necessary to assist the fish Beastkin. There was a slight look of disgust as the garments worn were now smeared with the bear's blood, to the others they may not have noticed but the animal's life essence contained a slightly pungent odor. Almeida and Rios would come in to finish off the bear, a sigh of relief escaped the Kitsune's breath seeing the bear's lifeless body now painting the snow red.

“Not bad guys” Kota smirked as he took off his robe and balled it up into his hand, revealing a matching white Gi under his getup. He would turn to Almeida who was beside him and place a hand on her shoulder, “ [Good, Good, Good]” was all he could muster though he made sure to communicate his excitement. She did an amazing job when it came to keeping the bear at bay and focused on her. Kota would then leave to check on Aedrianna, Soreiel, and Watching of Reflection who were searching for the flower.

“Who wants some bear meat?” Kota jokes to the others. “Any luck with finding the flower!” Kota shouted as he called over to the group. He noticed Soreiel had taken off her coat and scarf revealing an outfit not exactly fit for the climate they were in. More importantly, his eyes would see the collar wrapped around her neck. Immediately a forlorn look appeared on Kota’s face. He felt empathy for Soreiel as he could only imagine what she had endured up until this point. Just the thought of it began to make Kota feel sick to his stomach.

Noelle Nichi
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
With: Moonberry Moonberry | Watching Giftvi Giftvi | Kota SixSense SixSense | Vilde ebonheart98 ebonheart98 | Lulu Swagkage Swagkage | Soriel Rcticwolf Rcticwolf | Rios Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia | Almeida Elvario Elvario
abilities:
Language: "Common" ~ <"Beastial">
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everything is going fine. The others kept attacking the big bear and the purple critter even was able to scratch out the animal’s remaining good eye. It was not long before they would bring the thing down. Only now there arose a very annoying problem. Without its eyesight, the beast had to rely on its other senses. Which led him to target Noelle. Even Though she was so careful to not be close to it so it would not target her. But she did smell fishy.

Luckily for her Noelle had already moved to a position far enough from the bear beforehand so when the creature started to rush towards her Noelle had a little bit of time to react. "Oh SH*T!!" She let out as she turned tail and ran. Like hell is she going to survive a strike from those massive claws. Nor does she think she’s strong enough nor capable enough to counter it. So the best course of action for her was to just run and hope she could make the bear lose aggro on her somehow. Her gaze darted left and right searching for something to hide behind hoping the bear would not be able to get to her. She noticed a big, thick tree and decided to hide behind it. With the bear hot on her heels she turned and ran to the tree. But before she would reach the tree the bear had already fallen due to the back attacks from the others. Nonetheless, Noelle hid behind the tree.

She listened from her hiding spot to how the others performed the coup de grâce on the bear. Once the sounds died down that was when Noelle came from her hiding spot "Is…is it really dead?" she said looking past the tree before moving in closer. The others were saying they wanted to eat the meat of the bear. Or mostly Almeida and Kota were the ones mentioning it. That made Noelle wonder if it would be edible to begin with. This was no ordinary teddy. This thing was a monster. And who knows what kind of ailments the thing had that might affect the meat.
"I don’t think we will be able to eat this thing. Not unless someone knows how to properly cook the meat… or are you planning on eating it raw?" She said as she was poking the bear’s festered eye with a stick she picked up from the ground. "What are we going to do with this thing anyway? It’s not like we could drag the whole thing with us to town." She said as she got lost in thought on what was the best plan to deal with the giant bear corpse.

Ooc/TLDR Sorieiel and The Watching of Reflection both found a fair amount of the Skythorn Blossom, however before Aedrianna can thank them, a strange new figure enters the scene. He demands that Sorieiel come stand by his side and offers to pay people individually to leave and not mention anything they saw today. The people from the mine are on their way out as well.
Mentions: Rcticwolf Rcticwolf SixSense SixSense Giftvi Giftvi Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Elvario Elvario ebonheart98 ebonheart98 Tellussoil Tellussoil
Language: <Beastial> [Terran]

Aedrianna looked as if she were about to lecture Sorieiel again, after hearing the kitsunes fear of getting the jacket dirty. Then the sound of the dying bear was cut silent by Valerian. The bear's head was cut cleanly off. There was a strange silence in the air for a moment, before the warrior's excitement over their win replaced it. Aedrianna smiled to Sorieiel in relief, before she looked up to see their purple friend inspecting them for danger. She smiled and started to wave, before she began to wobble and teeter. She quickly placed both of her hands back against the cliffside, and released a nervous giggle, looking a little embarrassed. By the time Watching of Reflection climbed down to where they were, it had come across a few of the ledges that were higher up. Finding quite a few of the pictured red blossoms with thorny stems. They were easily gathered by the creatures' hands. Sorieiel for her part, had found a ledge just at eye level. And with some careful maneuvering, and Aedrianna holding on to her, was able to stretch her arm out and retrieve a decent handful of the blossoms. The three of them carefully climbed down without a single scratch. Aedrianna took each bundle of flowers from the two and was practically bouncing on her toes. Her expression that of a child in a toy store. When Kota called out to them about bear meat, and the flowers she started to respond, but stopped short as another voice made itself known.

["Worthless beasts, you can't even kill a beast stupider than yourselves."]
["We can't fight a party and a giant bear! We already lost half our food for the week. We ain't making enough!"]
["Arrogant Beast, you should be grateful I'm paying you at all instead of dragging to off to be my shoe polisher."] The black-haired dog-eared man had returned, and he'd brought someone with him. They were both speaking in Terran, strangely enough. The two came to a halt in front of the mineshaft. Though the black dog didn't seem to like the figure very much, he seemed to be showing him deference. Not retorting to the shoe polisher sentence and keeping his head down. ["Well it seems half the problem has been taken care of..."] The new figure looked up at the hill with the downed bear, then swept his gaze across Kota and the girls and The Watching of Reflection. When his gaze fell upon Sorieiel he paused for a moment, raising a brow. It would be now, perhaps that Sorieiel got a proper look at the figure. Though the sound of his voice had likely sent a chill down her spine. A tall muscular man, with oily black hair. He was well dressed, in expensive looking clothing. His eyes were a deep violet, and his skin was pale.
Livius.webp
His lips curled in a sneer, and his voice shot out in a cold bark. ["Sorieiel! Here! Now!"] He snapped his fingers, then pointed to his side, like he would to a dog.

Those still on the top of the cliff were able to hear his order clearly. And the noise of an unknown male, had Hiruqs ears perking up. He was running down the trail as soon as he'd heard the noise. From inside the mineshaft, the sound of Harus voice came, sounding not so far off.
<"My Lord Nero! I am so sorry! I promise we will search all night to find the mithril vein.">
["Quit your damnable yapping you mongrel and get out here and do some actual work. You're all useless!"] The man looked over at Kota for a moment, his eyes narrowing, before they went back to the top of the cliff. Where Almeida, Vilde, Rios, and Noelle still remained. Though he could only really see Rios standing on top of the bear. He looked back at the black dog then. ["Have you tried bribing already?"] He asked, and the black-haired dog shook his head. Earning a condescending growl. The human looked back to Sorieiel, this time with a serious look of impatience. He snapped his fingers and shouted again. ["SORIEIEL! HERE"] Upon the repeated order, Aedrianna; who had been looking a little confused seemed to snap out of it. She looked from the human to Sorieiel, and back again. When realization dawned on her, she reached out and snaked her fingers around the kitsunes wrist, glaring at the man.

<"You don't have to go Sorieiel...He can't hurt you here..."> Despite her brave words, her voice wavered. He just might actually be able to hurt her here. If he had enough power. And that was something she was gambling on right now. The man looked at Aedrianna with a frown, seeming confused by her actions. He tilted his head looking at her.

["Little girl I'm not interested in selling my best girl. Release her."] He spoke somewhat amiably, surprisingly. A lot nicer than he'd just spoken to Sorieiel and the dog man. His eyes went back to Kota then. ["Besides, you already seem to have your own plaything. Unless....Did you want to breed the two?] He paused, seeming to reconsider the two kitsunes. Aedrianna stared blankly as the man continued to speak. When she didn't answer him, after a brief pause the Dog began to translate.

<"Lord Nero is requesting you let his goodest girl go..."> He paused and seemed to consider how to phrase the next part. <"He thinks the man there is your slave, and that you want to breed him with his."> As the dog was translating for him, the human seemed flabberghasted.
["A human who doesn't speak Terran? What is she doing out here any ways, I thought this was beast country."]
["That's the Belmonte daughter my lord...."] The dog answered quietly in Terran. To which Lord Nero lifted a brow, seeming surprised by this information.
["Tell her to release Sorieiel and come speak with me. I'll pay the others handsomely to leave quietly and forget what they've seen."]
<"Mrs. Belmonte, Lord Nero wants to talk to you. I believe he's acquainted with your father."> He paused then raised his voice to holler to Rios who he could see on top of the cliff. <"Lord Nero Is Offering to pay handsomely for silence on these events.">

Aedrianna was thrown completely off by the dogs words. Not sure what to start denying first. She looked to Sorieiel for a moment, seeming torn now on whether or not to do as she was told. Her curiosity over the link between her father and the wretched man burning a hole in her mind.

Last edited:
Moonberry Moonberry SixSense SixSense Giftvi Giftvi Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Elvario Elvario Tellussoil Tellussoil ebonheart98 ebonheart98

Soreiel smiled after seeing that she found the correct flower for Aedrianna “I’m glad I could help with your request Ms. Aedrianna” she replied and handed the batch of flowers she had picked with a smile. Then looked up the cliff and saw that the others had felled the bear and Kota was offering bear meat “if it’s alright Kota… I would like some… I haven’t eaten in days” she shamefully admitted, momentarily forgetting about the cold. She then looked at Aedrianna “if that’s ok Ms. Aedrianna” she asked with a somewhat pleasing expression.

However all the camaraderie and pleasant ness was ruined when one of the bandits had returned with a man, and before she could even see the man he spoke and Soreiel’s blood ran cold, she froze in place as she started at the man whom she recognized as her master.

Soreiel just stood there completely frozen with fear. She heard everything he said about offering to pay for everyone’s silence, and his screaming and treatment of the bandits that were apparently under his employ as well, and him demanding she go stand next to him. She didn’t move due to the fear keeping her rooted but once he shouted his demand in a much more fear inducing tone. Soreiel succumbed to her fear and attempted to find a way back down to do what she was told, but before she could even take a step Aedrianna had grabbed her by the wrist and Soreiel could see it in her eyes, Aedrianna was quietly pleading with her to not do as the nasty man said.

Almeida

dgtafO4.png

Languages: Common | [Terran] | %Analog% | <Beastial> (attempts)
Mentions: Moonberry Moonberry | Kota SixSense SixSense |

She smiled happily at Kota's praise. “[That, that was great! Such a thrilling fight! Far better than rats in a dank cave~ Oh, by the way, do you know how we're gonna cook this?]” She asked, still wondering which parts would be tastiest. She figured she'd try to ask in a language that more would understand. “<Eat!>” She shouted, pointing at the bear. That should convey her desire to try figure out how to cook this one up well enough. She also wondered if it'd make for good jerky for on the road later. If only she had some cooking or survival skills. She figured she'd tactically shove the head away from the rest of the body. Wouldn't want to puss from its infected eye to ruin the good parts that might still be edible.

She was pleasantly surprised when heard someone speak Terran. “[Hello!]” She called out, as she headed to whomever she heard talking, still covered in blood. Perhaps even more now that she'd been shoving a decapitated bear-head around.

It took her a moment to realise what was going on, as she'd been looking around for what beasts he might be looking for right up until the point he mentioned Soreiel. She silently walked up to him as he kept yelling about bribing and wanting Soreiel to come to him. However, when he mentioned breeding Kota, she couldn't help but laugh. “[Okay, sir, yes, you're totally right that they would make the most adorable kitsune babies ever, but come on man, where's the romance in that? Let them slowly fall in love the natural way, it's way more fun like that~]”

She was a bit shocked this dude actually had the same issue as her. “[I know right!]” She called out upon hearing his complaint. “[Seriously, I've met so many Humans that don't even speak Terran! You'd think that it's some dead language or something!]” She contemplated for a little. “[Then again, it's rather fun to try communicating with drawings and signals and whatnot, so I guess all things work out~]”

“[Paying handsomely? That would be pretty nice, but before that, do you know how to butcher a bear? We've caught this giant monstrous dire bear and I've got absolutely no clue how to properly butcher it and conserve it. The thought of so much good meat at risk of going to waste is hurting what few organic organs there's still inside of me! Don't you agree that food waste is terrible problem?]”

As she was ranting about the bear-meat, she suddenly recalled what this was all about. “[Oh, right, the girl. Hmmm.]” She'd walk right up to him to unapologetically use [Appraisal F] on him. Considering she wasn't good at it, she figured she might as well use option 2, as she addressed the Beastfolk that was translating. “[Hey you, do you know if this guy has any criminal titles per chance~]” She'd state it to his face with a devious smile. “[Don't worry sir, I'm just some half-construct with a few bolts loose, I'm sure an upstanding citizen like you yourself will be fine and will be of great help preparing our bear meat in peace and then leave back towards your home in piece as well~]”

Vilde awoke at the base of the tree, her head spinning and throbbing. She looked over at the sword which lay by her side, the blade slick with the blood of the beast. Vilde reaches over to grab it and immediately becomes aware of the gods-awful crick in her neck. She lets out a stifled cry and slams back against the tree for a moment, the soft snow crunching under the weight of her body. Vilde traces her fingertips numbly through the cold white powder, raking gentle lines along its surface.

Now this... This was familiar.

Vilde looked down at her tunic, soaked in blood. Thank the Norns it wasn't her own, but she suddenly found herself wanting strongly for a nice warm sauna, or at the very least, a bath. Gods, even just a measly stream would do.

Vilde could feel the last dredges of adrenaline from the Margygr's song pumping through her brain as she finally propped herself up. Though she was largely unscathed, her whole body ached, and she was very much ready for a warm bed and a nice, strong drink.

Vilde gave a glance over at Kota and Almeida standing next to the beast's body and smiled wearily. She raised her hand to them in greeting. "Hail, friends! I'm up and I'm not crying. I've never seen a beast quite like this one before, but I am curious how one might taste..."

When she heard the male voice shouting, Vilde's thoughts turned from her empty stomach to what was going on in the mineshaft. She carefully followed Almeida down to the entrance of the Mithril mine. Although Vilde couldn't quite understand what was being said, something about the situation put her on edge. She felt herself suddenly able to ignore any lingering petty soreness as she watched the scene unfold from a distance, keeping one hand clutched cautiously on the hilt of her blade.

Kota
Ueqtocv.png

Character Sheet
Mentions: Elvario Elvario Moonberry Moonberry Rcticwolf Rcticwolf

A slight feeling of relief washed over the beast, happy to see that Soreiel was capable of smiling. Her spirit cracked but not broken. She would take Kota’s joke seriously about wanting bear meat, in fact a couple of others took the joke pretty seriously. He felt empathy towards Soreiel when she stated that they hadn’t eaten in days.

<“Have as much as you’d like, eat till your belly pops''> Kota said with a smirk. The kitsune’s ear would twitch as he heard footsteps and audible shouting coming from the distance using [Heightened Sense:Hearing]. He heard the name ‘Lord Nero’ . A human male would come into Kota’s line of sight along with the black haired Beastkin from earlier who seemed frightened. The kitsune's tails swished in anticipation of what was to come. Nero would then lock eyes onto Soreiel and shout in Terran while pointing to the floor beside him.

Kota was unsure of what he was saying but he didn’t like the vibe that the mystery man was giving off. He would glance at Soreiel who was now frozen in fear by the man, this was when Kota put two in two together. “<Pretty bold of you to step foot into these lands>” the Kitsune snarled, his usually laid back and gentle demeanor replaced with contempt for the man before him. His ears were stiff and faced forward, displaying his undivided attention. When the Beastkin translated the offer to breed the two, Kota spat in their direction. <“You’d have to kill first.”> Even though the Beastkin had nothing to do with the situation at hand he was also beginning to piss Kota off.

An interesting point was brought up when Nero stated he knew Mr.Belmonte, Adrienna’s father. Kota’s scowl turned to the young Belmonte girl. He began to second guess whether or not he had misplaced his trust in this family. As Kota studied Aedriannas face he could see her shock and confusion. Nero would also add in a bribe for them to be quiet about what had transpired here. Almeida would come in to take charge of conversations but it was difficult to pick up, out of everything she said Kota only managed to pick out 2-3 words max.

<“How about you free Soreiel then get lost?”> The Kitsune replied, he was beginning to feel sick just looking at this guy and hearing the words that came out his mouth. Kota had no tolerance for whatever this man was saying, the small window, the very very small window for negotiations was long gone.

Ooc/TLDR Nero realizes he can't cause a scene here. He backs down, offering Sorieiel to Aedrianna and promising to receive compensation from her father eventually. He hints towards some sort of familial bond, which seems to scare Aedrianna a great deal. Aedrianna starts to look a little pale and dizzy but she's talking about cooking the bear meat at the shop.
Mentions: SixSense SixSense ebonheart98 ebonheart98 Elvario Elvario Tellussoil Tellussoil Giftvi Giftvi Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Rcticwolf Rcticwolf
Languages: [Terran] <Beastial> Common

Nero visibly recoiled as Kota began to bark his angry words at him. He lifted a finger and waved it in contempt at the male kitsune.

["Tell your beast to quit yapping at me. It's loathsome to hear."] He let out an annoyed groan before looking back at Aedrianna and Sorieiel. His eyebrow rose as the realization that his order had yet to be fulfilled. The Black dog looked a little nervous, as though he really did not want to translate the words between these two angry men. He did his best to blend in to the scenery. When Almeida arrived as friendly as ever, Aedrianna looked over in slight relief as the woman walked straight up to the man and began to talk to him. She kept her hand snaked around the kitsunes wrist, as if she was afraid the girl would go if she did let go. She tried to slowly and quietly shuffle Sorieiel and herself closer to Kota and The Watching of Reflection, further away from the man with violet eyes.

For his part, Nero seemed completely off put. He was leaning back from the sheer proximity of the construct woman. His lips curled in disgust. Though he was human, the amount of blood that covered Almeida was honestly quite sickening. When Vilde walked up beside her, he had to take a step back. The black dog had his nose covered and was looking quite lost for words. The flash of Almeidas eyes, as she brazenly used appraisal on him earned a gasp of disgust. Her efforts turned up with [Slave Trader] and [Human].

["Bear meat is incredibly gamey and tough. But I suppose an excuse for a doll such as yourself would not understand taste and texture."] He frowned, his eyes ticking back to Sorieiel and Aedrianna again. Aedrianna didn't seem like she was about to come close to him in the slightest. And she appeared to be keeping hold of Sorieiels wrist. Hiruq came trotting in shortly behind Vilde and moved to stand in front of Aedrianna. Haru and the white cat, as well as the bunny came out of the mine, looking nervous and half expecting a fight. But Harus attention was mostly on Nero. He was all nerves.

<"Lord Nero you didn't have to come out here on our behalf sir. Thank you so much."> He smiled and bowed his head a few times, apologizing again, and again. His words didn't seem to make a difference to Nero. The human spared Haru a glance and another curl of his lip in a sneer. The black dog rubbed his head nervously, looking between Haru and Nero.

["Tell Haru to shut the project down. This has become too much of a waste on my resources, based on an old womans ramblings. And there are too many mouths to spread too many more rumors. I don't need any competition for this. "] He turned towards Aedrianna and Sorieiel then, taking a step or two towards them. He got a full two steps in before he seemed to realize that no one in the party wanted him near the two. Hiruq had taken a low stance, growling and pinning the man between his blue gold stare. Aedrianna was tugging Sorieiels wrist, looking like she wanted to run. The man gave a low chuckle but put his hands up in defeat.

"I can see this isn't a time to become acquainted. You like that one?" He pointed one of his raised hands towards Sorieiel. "You can have her. She's my best one yet, so I'll be sorry to lose her. But I can talk to your father about compensation. We have other business together. I'm sorry that this had to be our first meeting." He turned his gaze directly onto Sorieiel then, the slight friendly warmth that was in his eyes a few seconds ago dissolved entirely back into cold disgust and amusement. "Look at that, someone still wants you even with your scared kit act. Good for you. Just remember all of your lessons." He left a little emphasis on the end of his sentence, staring at the kitsune for a long moment after he was finished speaking. To the side of all this, the black dog had been translating everything to Haru and the group. And though at first Haru seemed a little upset, if anything he seemed relieved now.

Nero glanced down at the flowers that were poking out of Aedriannas bag, where she'd stuffed them hastily. The corner of his lips turned upwards, and he left out another chuckle. "Oh? The Skythorn Blossom? You know your grandmother used to tell me about that when I was a child. She said that it only grew in areas that had a high amount of mana concentration. Told me she'd found a secret stash above a mineshaft, and that she suspected there was Mithril somewhere deep in the mine." He sighed at that, looking glumly at the mineshaft. "But of course this is within the Republics domain. And I am a citizen of the Otenzian Empire. So if you could be a good girl and keep this quiet, you can have your disgusting bear meat with your...friends...But be certain we'll be meeting each other again." He sent a glare towards Almeida, Vilde and Kota, before turning on his heel and stalking away. Haru and the others glanced between them before rushing off towards the mine, assumedly to collect anything and hide what was necessary. Aedrianna looked like she was about to bust into tears. But she was fighting it. Her breaths were very carefully controlled, albeit shaky. But until she could no longer see the mans frame, she remained frozen, still clasping onto Sorieiels wrist, as if it were her own lifeline, rather than Sorieiels. There seemed to be a lot of confusion and thought processing going on behind the big watery blue eyes.

When the men were finally gone from the scene, Aedrianna looked to those gathered and smiled weakly. She seemed a little wobbly in fact, and Hiruq was quite obviously pushing against her to help keep her stable. She'd done too much that day. The walk alone shouldn't have been a problem. But running and climbing, and the stress and fear of the whole situation really hadn't done much for her poor constitution.

<"Does that....does that mean Ms. Sorieiel is free now?"> She smiled nervously at the kitsune, and then looked to Kota. <"You guys killed the bear?!"> She started to sound a little excited, wiping at an unshed tear in her eye with her free hand. Her other hand was still gripping Sorieiels tightly and would probably have to be pried manually. <"T...there's herbs at the shop I can use to flavor the meat...so it'll taste better...if..if anyone wants to have a dinner together."> She started to ramble, still seeming a little wobbly. But the threat had passed, and the party was mostly unscathed. The watching of Reflection and Vilde likely might have a few bruises if not a cracked rib.

Last edited:
Almeida

dgtafO4.png

Languages: Common | [Terran] | %Analog% | <Beastial> (attempts)
Mentions: Moonberry Moonberry | Kota SixSense SixSense | Vilde ebonheart98 ebonheart98 |

She hadn't been sure what Vilde told her, but she would raise her hand in response. “[Glad to see you're still walking, I knew you were at least as sturdy as I am~]” She'd tell Vilde. Not that the latter would understand, but it's the thought that counts.

That said, Kota had gotten her a tad upset. “<Eat???>” She tried to say again, but doing her best to sound as questioningly as she possibly could. She was pretty sure this thing wouldn't taste well like this. Or would it..?

“[A doll? Do I look that pretty.. wait... is that a construct-racist thing?!?]” She'd almost taken it as a compliment. “[I'm the best half of both worlds, I'll have you know!]” She stated with a scoff. “[Anything can taste well if it's prepared well, I'm sure of it.]” She further stated.

That said, there was something that really confused her. “[How do you even get to sent beast slaves into beast country as a beast slaver..? This country seems to have terribly horrible cross-border control...]” That was the real question here, wasn't it?

Sadly enough, the man started talking common afterwards. A language she spoke preciously little of. That being absolutely nothing. Not even 'no' or 'yes' seemed to stick to memory. Perhaps that was what those bolts that were loose had been intended for? The rattling so sometime heard in her brain might be the missing language comprehension. Ah well, who cared.

She ended up just yawning a tad bored, as she tried to wring some of the blood out of her hair. It'd gotten a surprisingly nice reddish hue to it by now, but she doubted it'd stick and it'd probably start to smell horrible if she wouldn't wash it soon.

He eventually glared at her and walked off. “[Wait, sir, the bear meat!]” She called out. How could he forget all about that? “[I can share if you help butcher it...]” It was already too late. “[WELL, I HOPE YOU GET KILLED TRYING TO CROSS THE BORDER!!!]” She called back. Between not helping butcher the bear and the whole deal trying to forcefully get Kota and Soreiel to have kids, she'd lost her patience.

Upon seeing Aedrianna stumble, she'd recall their mission and join in with Hiruq to support her. Although she did probably cover the girl in some bear-blood as well, as she did so. “[You didn't get hurt, right?]” She asked, checking the girl up and down. She seemed well, at least. Aedrianna seemed to be saying stuff in beastial next, but alas, she didn't get any of it.

Kota
Ueqtocv.png

Character Sheet
Mentions: Elvario Elvario Rcticwolf Rcticwolf Moonberry Moonberry

Nero wagged his finger in response to Kota which only managed to annoy the beast. His verbal reply was given in Terran which Kota didn’t understand, the two tailed beast would glare daggers at the black dog beast waiting for a response but for some reason he seemed frozen in place. After a couple seconds of staring into the guy's soul;Kota would decide to just let any chance of understanding what he was saying die there.

Eventually Nero would transfer over to common when speaking towards Aedrianna about Soreiel. While making an attempt to move in closer towards the two. The group also seemed to move in unison to aid their comrades, hasty to defend their comrades. Their conviction seemed to get to Nero who waved the white flag.

Kota was a bit concerned when it came to what came next. Soreiel wasn’t necessarily free but instead given to Aedrianna, he wasn’t too worried about this as he trusted she would free her. Though he was unsure of what was to come next when it came to receiving compensation from Thaddeus. It seemed as though Nero shared a long winded connection with Aedrianna as he even knew her grandma which complicated everything even more. Shortly after the pompous bastard took his leave. It was officially over and they had managed to get what they came here for.

“Good riddance.” Kota said as he followed Almeida to check on Aedrianna who was as weak as a newborn deer. “Yes Soreiel is free now, the bear is dead and the flower secured. Now we just have to escort you home.'' He was a bit surprised that was the first thing she asked, she was on the brink of tears still worrying about others. Even after a situation like that she was worried about other things besides herself. “You’re a free kitsune now, as it always should have been. Congratulations.” He gave her a sincere smile, happy to know that she was no longer under Nero’s control.

Almeida asked Kota again if they were going to eat the bear, he had missed the first time she asked because of Nero.

“<Yes, Eat bear, Yes>” he pointed at the bear then towards his mouth at a pace good enough for the half construct to understand. He then followed up with a pat on her cold metal head. Across these past two adventures she’s been an amazing help and Kota was appreciative for her help.

“Dinner sounds great, also nice to know you have some seasonings. We can make a good stew out of this guy. I’ve got some experience with bears thanks to my father…unfortunately I don’t have a knife to skin this bad boy with.” Kota said a bit disappointed that he didn’t have any tools currently on him. An idea would flash in his head, as he turned to face Haru who would be making his way towards the mine to pack up. <“Hey Haru! Bring me back a good sized knife and I’ll let you keep a nice chunk of this bear to feed you and your guys”> he hoped they would be open to taking the offer since they mentioned being low on resources not too long ago. The group was a bit exhausted after the fight to haul a 2 ton bear back to town. Kota figures they could take what they need and give the rest to the miners so that the bear wouldn’t go to waste.

If they did take the offer he would use [Survival F] to skin the bear and collect the bear chuck cut for the group to eat later. The parts of the bear that was left which the group could not take with them, Kota would give to the miners.

Haru jolted as Kota called out to him, and the others followed suit. They listened, not looking at Kota as he spoke. It was the old white cat who turned around though. He stalked over slowly, stopping in front of Kota. And very slowly and unassumingly pulled a small knife from out of his boot. He gave a small smile holding the blade between his fingers carefully, to offer the hilt to the kitsune.
2cbba54f-8315-4bb6-8aef-5c7845c1f8d2.webp

"Wasn't ever our intention to cause any trouble for the young miss. She's a good girl. We been to her pa's shop a few times." He looked over at Aedrianna and bowed his head, looking somewhat ashamed. Then glanced at Sorieiel. "You're lucky miss. Not sure what Lord Nero was thinking bringing you across the border. But you're free for certain now. Take advantage of it."

<"Riku we gotta clean this all up, before the guards catch wind of people meddling in a closed mine. "> Haru frowned at the old cat, looking fairly anxious still. Even though Nero was nowhere in sight. But the old cat waved him off, still watching the group.

<"Go ahead Haru. I'll help these kids out and we'll be cleared out and have some food to last us a while. It's the Least we can do after getting the young miss involved with him..."> Riku and Haru both glanced in the direction that Nero had crept off to. After a moment Haru muttered, but he nodded. Seeming to agree with the old cat. He hurried off into the opening with the others, assumingly going to collect any evidence of the "Project" That had been underway until just recently. Riku gave Kota the knife and started to help him with slicing the bears hide and pulling away the muscle and sinew. Making the two beast men with white hair and fur a crimson mess.

Aedrianna had to lean on Almeida and Hiruq for a moment. The wave of dizziness washing over her. But after a moment of being still and resting she seemed to be, alright; or at least stable. Whether or not the blood that Almeida had transferred onto her bothered her remained to be seen, as she didn't seem to react to it. She looked over to Sorieiel and smiled warmly.

<"Don't worry. I'm sure my father has already started to talk to the guards about you. You can share my room until we work out a place for you to stay. They might even give you your own room at the inn."> She tried to stand on her own and ended up leaning on Almeida again. Then looked up at her and Vilde ,and then over to Kota and The Watching of Reflection with the same warm smile. <"You're all so cool, and brave. I'm really glad you guys were here with me."> She chuckled. The men from the mine came out with something of a cart or a hand pulled wagon. They took another one like it that was loaded with pickaxes and scraps of unprocessed metals. After some time passed, the pair of bloody white beast kin had managed to harvest a fair amount of meat, and a bit of the hide. Riku bowed again, apologizing and hurrying off after Haru and the others with the wagon of meat. The party had their own pile of meat wrapped in a semi clean cloth. Tired, and bloody, they made their way back to town. The idea of food sounding pleasing to several of them. When they entered the town gates, the guards there gave them a long wide-eyed look. When the party managed to convey that a dire bear had attacked in the forest, one of them nodded and hurried off towards the barracks. The other thanked them for the information, before allowing them to enter. They earned quite a few glances as they walked down the road towards the shop at the end of the village.
5e65ba8b-3db8-4262-b369-9e4ded151945.webp

When they finally reached the small shop, Aedrianna opened the door and lead them in. Hiruq following closely behind. She looked around the house, as if she was looking for her father. When she didn't see him, it was hard to tell if the look on her face, was relief, or disappointment. She was quick to mask it though, moving towards what might have been the kitchen in the back of the shop. She seemed oblivious that her hands now had blood on them, and the things she touched were getting blood on them. But before she could get to the back of the shop, the door at the front was slammed open. Thaddeus stood at the entrance, looking out of breath and scared. His eyes flit across the room, searching for Aedrianna. At first all he could see were the bloody forms of the party, which seemed to spike his panic. When he finally spotted his daughter, he rushed inside, grabbing her shoulders and turning her around to look her up and down. She let out a sound of surprise as her father looked her over with fear and urgency.

<"Aedrianna! Thank the gods. You're alright. They said something about a bear, and a party returning covered in blood..."> He pulled her close in an embrace, placing his palm on top of her head and sighing in relief. Once he'd confirmed none of the blood was hers. After a possibly awkward moment of silence, he released her, and turned around to look at the bloody party. He blinked a few times, seeming to try and gather the words together in his mind.

<"Papa, they kept me safe. I didn't even see the bear. I only have blood on me because Ms. Almeida had to help me walk." She looked the party over herself, beaming at them. That's when she remembered the flower in her bag. <"Look! They even helped me find the flower! Just like Gran said.> She pulled one out to show him. He took it carefully, looking it over with a frown. Finally, after a moment of inspection, his lips tilted at the corners, and he looked at his daughter.

<"That's wonderful Aedri. I'm so proud of you..."> He trailed off, seeming almost a little worried as he looked at her. But he turned his gaze back to the party at hand, seeing the wrapped bear meat for the first time.
bb38d97d-d308-43e7-be42-3524f129f2c9.webp

<"I was going to get some herbs and we were going to cook a bear stew." Aedrianna explained. Thaddeus glanced back at her with a raised brow, and then looked again at the bloody figures. He nodded slowly, glancing to the meat again.

<"If you all would like...I've recently entered a business deal with a local bath house. I'll give the cooks there the bear meat and we'll have a dinner there...There's things we need to talk about Aedrianna..."> He looked down at Aedrianna, who in turn looked up to him with a slight hesitation. Uncertain that she wanted to know what needed to be discussed. He looked over at Almeida, and spoke again. ["We will go, Hot Springs. Will cook bear there. You want come?"] He looked at them all, then looked at the bloody paw prints and footprints, shaking his head. The mess could be cleaned up later. His gratitude for his daughters safety was all he had room for at the moment. He glanced over at Sorieiel, frowning. <"I spoke to the guards about you. As well, I ran into Lord Nero...Don't worry. We'll find a way to help you. But for now, I might need to make you an employee. But we can talk about that after you've all cleaned up and eaten. You're all welcome to come, I'll take care of any fees.">

Ooc: Thank you for joining my first narration guys! Was a lot of fun and I look forward to roleplaying with all of you again soon! I'll close this thread up, and we'll start a new thread for the onsen episode. To the Grader, thank you for taking the time to read our fun. Hope you enjoyed it a little. It'd be cool if a couple characters could get a bear pelt or something as a trophy. Maybe a tooth or two for The Watching of Reflection. Anyways, I'm looking forward to roleplaying with everyone again soon!

Last edited:
Isekai Hell Grade
Elvario Elvario Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Giftvi Giftvi Moonberry Moonberry Rcticwolf Rcticwolf SixSense SixSense Swagkage Swagkage Tellussoil Tellussoil ebonheart98 ebonheart98

A nice adventure quest. I appreciate the tidy little adventure and kept timely too. Some combat. Some social. and a bit of adventure elements. Definitely nice from all angles feels like and stuff setup for future rps. Nan pass. I vaguely recall the village, itself, having a bit of a monster problem. Perhaps that was represented by the bear attack? Hopefully the next rps are as efficient as this one turned out. Too bad it looks like some of the rp'ers didn't quite make it to the end. Now i'm kinda wondering if the skybloom flowers will be alright if the already rare flowers keep getting plucked and stuff.

Aftermath
n/a

Rewards

Almeida - 43pts
optional title acquired [Bear Bopper] - character bopped a bear

Rios - 32pts
optional title acquired [Bear Blinder] - character blinded a bear

Watching - 43pts
optional title acquired [Guardian] - character guarded others

Aedrianna - 64pts (narrator bonus)
optional title acquired [Blossom Seeker] - character found the blossoms they were after

Sorieiel - 43pts
optional title acquired [Hot Potato] - character has been passed off to someone else like a hot potato

Kota - 43pts
optional title acquired [Fury Fox] - character is a kitsune and unleashed their combat prowess upon another creature
optional asset acquired [Dire Bear Pelt F] - the pelt acts as an animal good for crafting. Quality woulda been better in the hands of a skilled skinner/harvester.

Noelle - 34pts
optional title acquired [Mayhem Melody] - there's a time and a place and the character chose chaos and battle to make music

Vilde - 18pts
optional title acquired [Wandering Shield] - character plays defense wherever they go and they are going everywhere

Partial Participant
Lulu - 7pts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back