• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Finished [Okiro City] Journey to Gala'Kraoth

NeramoDJI NeramoDJI
Meanwhile, somewhere else, something else totally of not importance...

Somewhere on the Dark Continent, a boy in questionable attire was fidgeting around with a big, heavy device he had found. None of the individual switches and turny-bits made not a single lick of sense to him, having hoped hencould have figured it out more than he did in the time he was toying with it. Trying hard to put the strength into pushing down a part he was somewhat convinced was just a very tough button, the sight of Neramo near caught his attention. Laughing awkwardly as he almost knocked it over, he had it resting on a cracked, old pedestal.

"A-ahah, dear brother! I think I just found the greatest solution to all of your problems, this... thing, here, I think works as a transporter between continents! You know, I think it's missing some parts or a central machine or something but it kind of works, I think there's a send and recall thing on here but maybe it's on a timer or something? I dunno" the blue-haired boy spoke to himself before getting an idea, not even waiting a moment to act upon it.

"Here, I'll show you! It's okay I already tested it and it totally works fine, here take this thingy" he said in a rush as henforced a circular disk thing into his hand, it was primarily just a fancy button.
"I'm pretty sure this tells me to call you back, so you can press it and I'll bring you back when you're ready! Okay? Ok! Off you go, I believe in you! Have fun!" he laughed in almost a girly giggle, facing the device towards him as he beeped a few boops so that it worked. Not emitting very pretty or pleasant sounds, it eventually consumed Neramo in light and removed him from the area. Where to? Dunno.

20240301_235249.png
The obscuring light would soon part way to reveal a rather serene and colourful sight of a stone path surrounded by greenery and flourishing life, a few old and forgotten stone walls and archways around his arrival point. Honestly, his sudden destination could have been a lot worse, especially since his somewhat forceful trip was paving the way for any further journeys he and his future companions may wish to take. That, and if this helped calibrate whatever artifact was being messed around with to get them from one place to the other, then it was probably productive. It wouldn't take long for something to have found his arrival however, or rather someone, who unceremoniously fell off a wall and landed face-first next to him before getting up like nothing happened, and staring at him with great suspicion. A reptilian musclebound girl roughly 5'7" had entered into his presence unsure of how he got there.
3fa06de7-bef6-41a8-8664-8ef09342d093.jpg
"Briarhild not see you before. Is it lucky day for Briarhild?" the girl spoke as she slowly circled him, inspecting every aspect of him as she even leaned him and sniffed him a little. Scoffing at what she did smell, she grumbled quietly.
"Briarhild not know what or who you are. Dids the soft ones sends you? Briarhild not go back to soft ones! Briarhild go to Grey-Tribe! They get Briarhild, not the soft ones. Are you of the Grey-Tribe?" she asked as she continued looking him over.
"You don't look like Grey-Tribe stuff. Briarhild don't think you look like you from here. Did you get lost in existence too? Briarhild will not bite you this time since Briarhild just met you... " she, probably Briarhild, answered as she squinted at him in confusion. After a moment of understanding, she came to a conclusion.
"You is not female? Briarhild not see any other males people except in Grey-Tribe. Is not weak then, yes? Soft-ones are weak babies, they is scareds! Briarhild not listen to soft-ones, Briarhild follow own path. Briarhild is best explorer and strongest person" she admitted proudly with a smile, crossing her arms with a cheerful smirk on her face. Her tail was wagging from the praise she was gifting herself.​

Last edited:

7oIhE4E.png

Mentions:
| Femboy Femboy | TheTimePiece TheTimePiece | | Gears Gears | DarkKitsune DarkKitsune | 1Lucker 1Lucker | SixSense SixSense |
Direct
Mentions:
| The Last Curse The Last Curse (Selani) | -Random_Person- -Random_Person- (Librarian) |

Selani's preference to call Baharius as a "Saurian" rather than the common "big lizard" title was enough to charm the hulking beastkin. He'd even find a toothy jagged smirk creeping up on him. She definitely got it alright. He chuckled at her response, taking special note of her own experiences in being called 'frog' instead of 'Anuran'. "Anuran fits you better anyways," the saurian winked, fully understanding her tribulations. Lowering his head, he also added in a lowered voice, "Nice to receive a bit of cultural appreciation around these parts. I respect that."

A little later on, as they were onboard, the smaller construct he'd noted on the docks during his arrival would approach him. In a robotic yet inquisitive tone, the Librarian - as he was called - seemed curious as to what his species was, and asked regarding certain dietry habits and other feats of his kind. It took the beast off guard regarding its sudden curiosity, giving him a cocked brow and a low, non-aggressive grumble of thought. Not many had directly asked him of his previous life or any of his distant relatives from the old world. "Well, for-" He was about to reply before he anuran would cut into the conversation, playfully scolding the construct for his so called "lack of manners" before showing her own interest towards both of their stories. Of course, the main attraction here would be going first.

"To say that 'Saurians' encompass a single species is putting it inaccurately," Baharius started off, his mind reminiscing back to his home world as if he was about to give a speech, "There are many different families that belong to this single clade, ranging in all manners of different shapes, sizes, diets and lifestyles. I, for starters, am from the family of Spinosaurian; which are unique for our... sails, long snouts, and paddled-tails for some. Some species have smaller sails, while others like myself have large ones; which helps with regulating body temperature and, historically, acts as a display structure. We typically prefer a more piscivorous, fish-eating, lifestyle, compared to other clades of the carnivorous 'theropods', such as the small feathery Raptorans, or the more famous Tyrannosaurids, amongst others. Of course, there's those that are more herbivorous and-"

He quickly stopped himself, shaking out of the trance he nearly lost himself in. He could talk for hours about all the different species of not just saurians, but also the unique mammalians, reptilefolk, mammal-like reptilians, pterosaurians, marine reptilians, and a whole plethora of entities that could fit into a whole course of biology/saurian classification. And don't get him started on the beasts and fauna that roamed the lands. "Well, that's frankly a whole other discussion that I'd save for another time. " His gaze settles on the Librarian, "Now, your kind aren't common back in my homeworld. From what I've heard, constructs are built from a, er, maker for a particular purpose. I take it your's is... knowledge keeping?"

Baharius had awoken from a light snooze, as he was sun-bathing on the starboard portion of the ship, before being alerted to land ho. Propping himself up with his massive blade, he looked out to the wild, untamed tropical island that was now in view. It was a whole new world; an uncharted ready to be explored. He had to admit, he was pretty excited. Though as they gotten closer to shore, they'd start to point out various fauna frolicking on the beach. His eyes would go wide upon seeing some familiar shapes. While he expected a unique assortment of creatures present, he wasn't expecting them to resemble more animalistic-beastial versions of sentient Saurians!

The first he saw looked vaguely like a ceratopsian, a clad of frilled-horned herbivores known for their ruggedness and durability. But this one in particular had a whole assortment of horns on its face, more than the average one, two, or at more three situated on their brown. On top of that it had... what were those, a mane of crystals running down its back? It was an odd entity to be sure. Then, he noticed several smaller glowing creatures wallowing in the water. They too had an adornment of smaller horns, but these had a body plan more akin to a Stegosaurian, down to the row of large osteoderms running down their backs. They were pretty cute looking! Though if he were to come up to any of them, they no doubt would flee from his predatory stature.

And speaking of predators, a large purple lizard thing was also roaming the shore in search for a meal. It too was adorned with crystaline spikes running on its back. Given the distance, Baharius wasn't sure how big the lizard was, but he reckoned it was of medium size. Baharius was beginning to sense a pattern here with these "crystal fauna"... but wasn't sure what to think of these vaguely saurian-like entities. To date, he'd never encountered another entity from his home world. While he heard the odd rumor or a familiar description of an entity here and there, he hadn't seen or encountered anything of the sort in the flesh - whether it was a saurian, mammalian, another spinosaurian or otherwise. This was oddly surprising given how long it's been since he arrived here, being a few months, but alas if he was transported here; no doubt others would be present here too. It's just a matter of time at this point.

Once they've docked, the captain would permit the expedition group to explore the island with caution. "About time!" Baharius remarked enthusiastically, as his feet plopped into the shallow waters of the beach before trodding his way onto the sandy beach. As he scanned the white-sand under his webbed feet, he noticed a few particular shiny gems lying about. He plucked one from the ground and studied it briefly, before catching what looked to be a trail of them leading into the jungle hills and towards a set of ruins. He wasn't the only one to notice them either, as the elven lady Sui would make it out to the entire group. Stomping over to the general vicinity, Baharius' smile grinned as he gave a confident chuckle at the adventure that laid before them.

"Guess we weren't truly the first folks on this island after all," Baharius stated with intrigue, as he looked back at the others getting off the shore, "I suppose this is where we start our lil' sightseeing tour?"

Last edited:
Nazza Jakobi

_9c0ad3c7-e2d9-4f7a-ba93-96b50c0dfd4d.jpeg

Languages:

"Common", "-Nomadic-"

Nazza had spent most of the journey belowdecks, down for the count with seasickness. He had thought that he would be fine sailing, after his experience with rivers and lakes, but they were a whole different mess from the open sea. He had always thought of seasickness as one of those things that always happened to 'somebody else'. He'd had a miserable trip, and his only contact was with his friends who, in his absence, had decided to help the crew of the Hoplite Avenger and make themselves useful.

While he was wallowing in misery and self-pity, someone pounded on the door of his cabin. "-Goddamn it.-" Nazza groaned from his place on the floor next to a bucket. "-What do you want?-" One of his posse stuck his head into Nazza's closet of a cabin and told him that land had been spotted, and that they were going to dock soon. He also mentioned that the weather had taken a turn for the better, and that the island looked amazing. Nazza nodded in acknowledgement and his friend left. He pulled himself up from the floor and, on shaky legs, washed up and went topside. He would be glad to have the firm ground under his feet again.

As soon as the wind hit his face, he regretted staying in his cabin the whole trip. He looked towards the bow and saw a beautiful paradise of an island, complete with all of the crystal creatures that the Crew had told them about. "It's beautiful." Nazza gaped in awe at the island. He snorted a laugh at Gallius's daydreams, then shook himself back to seriousness. As the ship docked and started unloading gear, Nazza and his group helped the ship's crew unload supplies from the hold and start getting things set up. Leaving his friends at work, Nazza dipped up to the ship to hear the Captain's instructions. "My friends and I want to explore this place and I want to try to see if any of the creatures are human friendly, or at least tameable. I also really want to see some of those ruins. They sound particularly full of treasure, or maybe at least some lost knowledge. If anyone else wants to come along, follow at will." And with that, he raced off towards a herd of crystal beasts, his friends running along behind him.

Last edited:
1709376433014.png
Sar

Sar had been leaning on the bow, kicking her legs while she finished her last pastry- she remembered an adventurer mentioning "Rationing Food" once, but the idea made no sense- then it would be cold or warm- outside world food was weird, and she hated the cold stuff, made her head cold for some reason when she ate it in her usual fashion- that is, as fast as possible so no one robs her.

Sar almost dropped her sandwich as she looked at the weird creatures, before hysterically laughing at them- "Stupid lizards look so stupid, I mean- every creature except slimefolk looks stupid, but these take the pastry- or was that the phrase- no, the weirdo said it was Ca-ake- wonder if that is something I can eat."

"Anyway, I vote for big stupid island with animals of various sizes but equal stupidity." The place was different, but any cave would beat it- except masters cave. "This place is too bright, and the creatures are stupid- maybe if there where a few Slimes it would beat that cursed island full of zombies."

Sar sighed, reckoning she would only find other slimes if she looked, then wondering what the creatures tasted like- perhaps like the strange crystalline treat on a stick a wandering trader once sold her.

Sar waited until the tide moved before running in the beach, panicked as the water creeped closer, her mortal enemy- except that stupid Jester, That one Orc, and the guy in the stupid bird mask- but water was on top of her list of enemies- except the jester- he was plenty annoying, calling her a "Gelatinous and Gluttonous Neanderthal" She still didn't know what that means but she had still chased him around the desert for a few days before he slipped away after distracting her with those stupid pretty lights.

Sar finally reached the dry beach, sticking her tongue at the water before following the Hooded guy. She walked up to him, trying to remember where he was familiar. "You look like the Hood-Guy in Bird-Man's Magic Box. I didn't see you on the ship, did you disappear? Usually people use pretty lights first."

🦁GRIFFIN🦅
INTERACTIONS: Femboy Femboy TheTimePiece TheTimePiece Gears Gears The Last Curse The Last Curse Develius Develius SixSense SixSense -Random_Person- -Random_Person- 1Lucker 1Lucker

• another day another adventure

"I'm sure you're a great big brother."

Griffin tells Kota, he seemed like a decent guy though they only meet a few minutes ago, it seemed hard to believe otherwise. If Griffin remembered correctly he had been close with his younger brother in his past life, however as time stood one of the few things he remembered was his brother's nick name 'Cae'. He answers Kota's question.

"That's a good question! I had a interest in the adventurers' guild beforehand. It seemed interesting and like something that would be fun, I'm always traveling now, anyways, so I thought why not...though I have learned more about myself the more I've continued."

Perhaps there was more to it, Griffin had learned he was the more protective sort and been aware of the fact for awhile. Griffin also had a smile on his face with how Kota seemed to interact with Gunhild, it was nice to know no one was insulting her based on her way of speaking. Then Teuihua spoke up, telling his own story. Griffin related a bit to that...well, not the part about being part of a civilization that was no longer in power but the separation of friends or family. He nods.

"Treasure those memories, Teuihua. Maybe you'll find one of your old friends one day. I don't know what all happened...but maybe there's a chance that someone else did your civilization also made it."

Griffin wasn't aware of how much history this world has. But pushing through change was a difficult one. Maybe if he's going to keep pushing forward he should stop trying to forget about his past life. He knows it's not why his memories are in their current state but maybe it would be nice...to have his own answers in full. When Gunhild speaks up, Griffin replies.

"Griffin is also cat."

He knew Gunhild was likely as strong as she claimed, and that she probably wouldn't have gone on this expedition if she wasn't able to protect herself. But now the beast was reminding Griffin of a small child in terms of behavior. Which only encouraged him more to go along with her in how she spoke. Then she went on her tangent with Kota. It was funny seeing how many nicknames she could come up with in the span of a few minutes. When Kota mentioned sensing something, Griffin looked around alert. He thought about using appraisal but thought against it in the end. It was a useful skill but had its limitations in terms of what it could reveal. A brief thought of wondering if he could learn how to specify what it revealed did cross his mind. Once they arrived at the island, when the captain spoke he nodded, the island looked breath, taking in all, but 1,he had a job to do 2. Not everything is always as it seems, and it is always best to keep that in mind. Griffin answered Gallius.

"No naming the island yet. We know nothing about it. Besides, I doubt you'd want to claim anything that could have dangers you don't understand yet. At least I'd like to think that you wouldn't. It's always best to know what you are up against and to be able to properly evaluate if you can handle it."

When it came to battle, it was always good to know what you were up against. He's had some rough fights like with the large pig demon thing. Surely, if they had known more about the thing it would've gone easier. When they saw the creatures, they seemed peaceful, and it was best not to be an instigator. Though there was a blue one that looked...familiar... Griffin mumbled.

%A blue crystal Triceratops?%

He hardly remembered many dinosaurs. This one, however, looked similar to what he could remember of a Triceratops. However, when he snapped out of it, it seemed everyone was already separating and Gunhild seemed overwhelmed. He walked up to her. He wondered if he should ask her about her thoughts, but he also knew putting someone on the spot was likely a bad choice.

"Let's start simple...we don't really know much about the island. The ruins seem a bit more obvious. And would maybe have places to hide or dodge in the worst-case scenario. Regardless of which direction we go, we should be careful. What are everyone else's thoughts?"

--
    Language keys:
    "Common" %analog%

Teuihua

Languages: "Common", "+Mictlantecuhtlian+", "%Analog%"​
Interactions: Femboy Femboy DarkKitsune DarkKitsune -Random_Person- -Random_Person-

Mention: 1Lucker 1Lucker Gears Gears SixSense SixSense

Teuihua continued to find a bit of entertainment out of the interactions transpiring before him between the way Gunhild was interacting with the others and how some chose to interact back, like Griffin adopting some of the speech mannerisms which made Gunhild very much Gunhild. Teuihua enjoying the fact Gunhild felt free to chill out on him as she pleased, feeling like he had forged a nice friendship. All things considered Kota was pretty interesting too from the sounds of things.

"Thank you for the optimistic words Griffin, I intend to do just that, and I am actually rather pleased to report that so far I am not the only survivor, I have seen two others, shrine maidens who were in stasis within statues of their shrine. In addition I have met one other construct from my civilization's time who now resides in the Caelia Barony which belongs to Regula Caelia to whom I am of service too as of current."

"And I will say, I know from witnessing it first hand Gunhild is very strong, profoundly for someone whose organic at that."

He would have smiled if his face was capable of it, instead a positive inflection in his voice, "Mhm, I would certainly like to think of them all as friends too."

Teuihua listened to Harkin, there being potentially spirits was somewhat concerning, Teuihua wasn't sure if he had the means to properly combat those if they were ethereal should the situation call for it, in his current state. He did feel a bit better when the island came into view, meaning that their time on the foggy water wasn't going to last forever. It felt much more vulnerable to be on the water without being able to see well around them, being grounded should help some.

"If this is true, from the sounds of things Kota is most fortunate to have around given the skillset described." It was good to have at least one person who could deal with those sorts of threats.

For now Teuihua was going to abstain from the naming the coast vote Gallius seemed to want to start. He was inclined to agree with Sui that it was only fair to find out more about who lived there if anyone.

As exciting as the prospect was, with all of the wealth seemingly so accessible as people were saying, Teuihua couldn't help but be a bit skeptical. Why was it just all out here like this? Usually when something seemed too good to be true it generally was. What was more of an immediate interest and possible concern were the creatures which Teuihua saw. They were beautiful in many ways but he knew animals could be dangerous, and that caution should be used if they were going to get in range to interact with them. It looked like two weren't all concerned about that between Nazza and Sar pretty quickly heading over to some of them. It was also curious to see the different perceptions, it sounded like Sar was a big fan of other slimes, and these creatures, not so much perhaps. Teuihua knew that he could not be everywhere to protect everyone so he would just have to trust that they were capable and knew what they were doing more often than not.

Teuihua then made his way over to Gunhild who had gotten off of him of that point and he moved near to also look.

"They are animals of some kind, I cannot say I am personally familiar with them, though some of them do sort of resemble something I've heard of existing..regardless I would be careful should you decide you wish to interact with them...I will say they look quite fascinating."

Teuihua looked to one of the green ones, it was at this point he wished he had a construct with him from his civilization which was good at dealing with animals. If any could be properly domesticated they would make a rather nice pet to the right person from a surface level look, not that Teuihua particularly felt he was that person but nevertheless there was potential there.

He would stay with Gunhild moving as needed after hearing the relevant information from the Captain as well as Sui, but not before saying,

"%Librarian, I will be accompanying Gunhild, if you wish to come with us I am fairly certain you will be safe in our presence to do your research.%" Teuihua turned his head to Librarian and offered in analog.
Given Teuihua's relatively high grade in Perception and Insight at C each, it was probably pretty easy for him to read how Gunhild with others picking up on it.
Teuihua then was a bit surprised to hear Griffin speak analog just like that with a most unusual word.

"%Triceratops?..It almost sounds familiar but why I am uncertain..a strange word indeed. Is that what the creature's name is?%" He'd ask to Griffin.

"Personally the ruins are not a bad choice in my mind, it is possible that residents still reside there, including who Gunhild is looking for, we may also learn something of interest so I am open to that idea." Teuihua seemed positive enough to the idea.

"And well said, we must be cautious wherever we go in this area as there are still many unknown variables."

Although many of Baharius' unfamiliar classifications flew straight over Selani's head, the passion in his voice was all too palpable. Her muscles relaxed as a warm wave of familiarity swallowed her. She'd never been too fond of learning lore of any kind; all that mattered was the now and after. But her little sister was different. That brat was always nose-down in history books or listening wide-eyed as Papa recited their tribe's tales - stories far too old for her to remember. And always so eager to share what she learned. Even in the dead of the night, she would always find the energy to gush over what she had learned.

Selani's heart trembled at the memory. Asha might've been too curious for her own good, but at least she loved what she knew. Librarian gave off that impression. Baharius, in a way, did too. After all, you didn't try remembering everything about your kin unless you truly loved them. It was clear as day that Baharius did.

As the saurian came to an end, Selani crossed her arms, an impressed smile etched onto her face, "Sheesh, and you just remember that all off the top of your head? Just like that?" She croaked incredulously, though it quickly devolved into a chuckle, "Oughta visit a place with your kin after all's said and done. They must be some real good folk, I reckon." Selani's eyes moved to Librarian next, "Same to you, wherever your stomping-grounds be. Anywhere that makes constructs got to be nice."

Selani was more than glad she'd taken the time to chat.

Moments after speaking with Baharius and Librarian, sharpening her arrows starboard the ship, she almost sliced her hand as sunlight suddenly cut through the fog, setting a clear view of the tropical island ahead. As Selani ran to the bow, peering ahead alongside her crewmates, she gaped. Gallius was right! Not only was this place just drop-dead beautiful, but those crystal-bearing creatures were everywhere. Her eyes flicked between them all, ravenous. How much would those gems go for? "Easy now, Selani," She reminded herself, curbing her excitement with a breath, "Plenty of time to loot. Just treat it like any old job."

The time it took the ship to dock was plenty for her to get focused. Still, as Selani disembarked from the ship, warm water lapping at her legs, she couldn't help but feel a twinge of nostalgia eating at her. The water back in the See was just like this - calm and perfect for swimming! Not like Ryke. All the ponds and rivers there were colder than a wraith's ass!

Grinning at the notion, Selani turned to look back at the sea. Ryke was a long way from here. Her family was a long way from here. And all she had now was her crewmates. If something were to happen to her or all of them...

A sudden, cold constriction wrapped around her lungs. A steadying breath eased the pressure slightly. The crew further along on the beach, already planning ahead, eased it a little bit more. As she approached, the look Selani gave to Griffin and Teuihua almost seemed thankful, "Pardon me, just feelin' a little homesick," She said, a small croak escaping from her throat as she considered their plans, "I'll say this: the crew's well big enough for us to go both ways. I'm sure Sui's willing to take some with her to find some locals, as is Gallius would to find some goodies." She nodded to Teuihua and Girffin, "Both sides need fighters. Doubt all these critters are cute, and all the folk friendly."

Selani squinted as she looked between the jungle path ahead and the stone arches in the distance. The ruins would be an obvious choice right now, but not with zero knowledge of what was inside them. The locals might have a clue if she asked nicely. She was good at that, sometimes. "As for me, I'm gonna see if we can't learn a thing or two from the natives. Then I'll do what I came for." She said, gesturing to Nezza and his posse already on the move, "Y'all can tag up with him if you're feelin' extra grabby. I'll give ya no shame for it."

Finally, she paused to look at each one of her crewmates. Her eyes grew somber as they met them. "But, whatever you do, go and keep yourself safe." She said, "I bet you've all got kin back home. Don't leave them waiting forever."

Librarian

IMG_3348.jpeg

Interactions: The Last Curse The Last Curse Develius Develius Femboy Femboy TheTimePiece TheTimePiece

Languages: Common, %Analog%

• Librarian made a small sound of surprise at the sudden appearance of Selani. He shook his head. “I don't have any plans to interrogate him. Interrogation implies using an aggressive tone. I'm simply seeking more knowledge about him. But feel free to ask questions too,” he explained, giving a slight tilt of his head when Selani inquired about him.

“I was made by someone I don't know, and for one purpose: to learn as much as possible, regardless of the means. I'm just following my orders,” he answered the amphibian girl. [color=lightblue“I've read all the books in the nearby library and wanted to explore the world. This journey helps with that.”[/color] Librarian then turned to Baharius, listening and writing down the information provided.

“Interesting, so Saurians are simply an umbrella term. Yes, I'm made to learn and preserve knowledge so I can find my creator and convey all that I've learned. Finding them will be far in the future, though,” Librarian explained, noting that finding his creator was not the highest priority yet. That's an adventure for the distant future.

Kota
Ueqtocv.png

Titles: Beastman (Mundane), Kitsune, Isekai
Character Sheet
Mentions: Femboy Femboy TheTimePiece TheTimePiece DarkKitsune DarkKitsune -Random_Person- -Random_Person-

The spirits that came near the boat didn’t appear to be hostile, perhaps curious to see guests coming to the island. Kota made sure to keep an eye out for any stray spirits as he returned his attention to the group. Teuihua would compliment Kota on his skillset which earned himself a smile. “You flatter me Teuihua, it's no biggy. You should see what some of the people in my clan could do.”

Griffin's compliment would be met with a crooked smile from the Kitsune, “Thanks I appreciate it” he reluctantly accepted. The winged beastkin was surely being nice but Kota knew deep down that he wasn’t a good brother. Even though it's been many many years, he will forever have to accept the facts of the situation.

On the other hand, he was a bit surprised by Griffin's response to wanting to join the adventures guild, “Looks like we have something in common when it comes to adventuring. That's another reason why I'm here, perhaps to find something that isn’t within my tribe. Looks like we’re birds of a feather then…no pun intended” he grinned before looking back up at Gunhild.

Kota laughed at Gunhild’s response as she told him off, it was pretty adorable since she was small and riding atop the large Teuiha. “Kota Do—a-do, Gunhild don’t listen, Kota pet Gunhild now, Gunhild best watch Gunhild back” he teased her flashing his sharp claws to let her know he means business.

Harkin would agree with the suspicions that the Kitsune held. Though this would only hold up for so long, after traveling a bit of way through the fog would dissipate revealing a sunny island paradise. Kota held his hand over his head to create a makeshift shade as his bestial eyes began to adjust to the light.

“Woah..”

His breath was taken away at the sight of the coast, he had never known the privilege of being somewhere even remotely as nice as this place. It was even more of a shock because, after the ominous mist and spirits that surrounded the boat, the last thing he expected was an island as nice as this one. The wildlife that inhabited the island were just as beautiful, majestic dinosaurs with crystals illuminating their bodies. Kota's tails swooshed rapidly in excitement at the sight.

The boat would anchor itself on the coast, its captain allowing its passengers to get off and inspect the island. Once on the shore, the group would be deciding on where to explore with Griffin, Teuihua, and Librarian in favor of searching the ruins.

“The ruins sound like the best place to find some monsters, perhaps we could even pick up some clues on where your friend is Gunhild. I’ve got a decent sniffer and set of ears on me as well. If we all work together then I'm sure we will figure out where your friend is.” Kota assured smolhild.

TheTimePiece TheTimePiece DarkKitsune DarkKitsune -Random_Person- -Random_Person- Gears Gears 1Lucker 1Lucker Develius Develius The Last Curse The Last Curse SixSense SixSense
Location: Unnamed Tropical Island, north of the Second Continent. On shore near the Hoplite Voyager.
1709574286596.png

Harkin overheard the comment Sar said about naming the island, shaking his head as he looked to the slime. The girl probably enjoyed being a slimefolk, but he too was cautious about the potential danger the island may hold as the Captain had suggested. "I'd best be careful if I were you, there hasn't been a slimefolk whose come out 'ere before, at least with the scouting group. Y'best don't know how anything feels about you being here also, you'll probably 'ave to 'ope they don't see your colours or that and think you're just one of them. Might be more trouble than it's worth" the dwarf answered as he proceeded to take a small stroll on the beach as crewmembers were setting up a small encampment, taking a little look around to denote his own plans as Gallius and Sui were doing the same.

Upon picking up and looking at one of the gems, Baharius would find that it was weirdly wet in a slightly sticky and slimy way, and felt considerably light and weightless. Otherwise it seemed like a completely normal gem. Others along the way didn't look as bright or colourful as the one he had taken a look at however, others looking much more dull and cheap to having cracks and crumbled away pieces. The shiny rocks and gems along the beach were something that also caught Gallius' eye, of which he had picked a few up to look at them. One overly grey and colourless one was so light that it almost slipped out of his hand when he almost dropped it from hastily grabbing it up, only to suddenly surprise and shock him once his tightened grip simply cracked and broke it like the brittlest glass.
"W-what? Oh well, there's like a billion of these things. I didn't want that one anyway... In fact, I might as well just leave these here and come get them later. I need the free holding space after all" Gallius spoke as she decided to just put down the ones he had accrued, believing they'd be just where he left them not even considering that any other crewmember or anything could move or take them at any time. Looking to the crumbled gem, he brushed off the leftover little shards that hadn't cleared off of his hand. They weren't sharp enough to do anything or hurt.
1709577507245.png
As Nazza, Sar and Baharius went further up the beach, the harmless little glowing creatures that were once just frolicking meaninglessly in the water simply looked their way with blank expressionless faces before following after them for whatever reason. While 3 of the little ones went following Baharius around as if inquisitive of the unknown saurian since he was nothing like the rest of the creatures on the island, 5 others tried their best to hurry stubby little legs after Nazza and Sar. After catching up to them, they had prodded their faces against Nazza's feet as it was literately the only thing they were capable of doing before the 5 waddled and hung around Sar in a circle, staying close to the girl and trotting around her like baby ducks intent on following their parent. Sui from a distance had started watching the little species the moment they ran off following them, since it didn't seem like a usual behaviour any wild creature that hadn't been around people would possess. In fact, such a trait should have gotten them extinct forever ago. Putting down notes unsure about the traits of the wildlife, she silently watched as Nazza drew near to a group of larger crystalline species as Sar was with him.

The herd that Nazza approached was consisted primarily of the same horned creature, it looked like it could pose a danger but they didn't even bother looking his way as he had came near with his companion followers. There was distinctly one beast among the herd that was not the same as the others however, one which possessed a row of vibrant glowing crystal spikes along its back and had much sleeker and smoother hide. When the multitude of people did draw near, it was the only one that turned its way to them, it was crunching and chewing on some of the shiny rocks that were along the shoreline as it faced him with a blank stare.
1709574603670.jpeg
Actions: Size Change (F)
Gunhild was busy looking around at the new surroundings, too distracted to hear about Teuihua certifying her own strength After a short while of looking, she had looked back to Griffin who had clarified himself to also be a cat still in her own method of speaking. Tilting her head curiously as she gave him a look, she just shook her head and slightly pointed to his wings.
"Bird. Not cat. Cat no bird-wingies. Birdie is bird. Gunhild no dumb, Gunhild know what bird is, Gunhild know cat. Cat is small soft kitty with kitty ear and kitty tail, not bird wingies" Gunhild answered in refusal of accepting he was also some kind of cat, since he clearly had the wings and that disproved all other logic. There was no such thing as a cat with wings, Gunhild could not be tricked so easily. First they were trying to copy her way of speaking, and now one of them assumed she couldn't tell the difference between a bird and a cat? Maybe they were taking her as dumb after all.

Squinting suspiciously at Kota as he warned her to watch herself, she looked to his claws and pouted as she thumped her tail in annoyance and competition against the floor below her. Her head was clearly low enough at any time for anyone to just walk on over and give her a pet, of which despite how she was acting she probably wouldn't be against it in the slightest.
"Woolpuppo scareded to pets a Gunhild. Gunhild verys strong and a Gunhild, Pillowdoggy cannots pets a Gunhild, too hards for the Floofa-floof. Gunhild woulds wants touch floofy though, Gunhild likes the floofy-floofa-floof. Gunhilds woulds wants touch floof" she answered back, clearly dropping her defensiveness once she began talking about the potential floofiness of Kota as she listened to Teuihua's information about the creatures, grumbling quietly as she took the moment to scurry off of the ship and onto the shore while they were talking.

Landing on the beach and steering clear of the water in its entirety as she rushed over onto the sand, she patted at the grainy substance beneath and between her claws and talons in curious interest. It had been an extremely long time since she had seen sand, much less touched it. It felt strangely weird, and wasn't as pleasant as something like dirt or snow. At least dirt was consistent and felt stable to walk on, and snow was just pure fun. Sand felt weird. At least it made good for digging, she thought to herself as she plodded and swiped at the sand a little ending up digging a small hole in the process as she investigated the shore.

Eventually joined by Librarian, Kota, Griffin and Teuihua on the beach who all appeared to to share the same opinion that the sighted ruins should be the best place to search first, Gunhild thought momentarily to herself as she looked off to the path into the jungle. She felt like the person she was looking for wouldn't go anywhere near ruins and would just stay to where they knew was safe, but if the others thought it was the best place to search first then she silently agreed as she looked to them and nodded.
"Gunhild and friends go ruin-ruinplace. Maybe there stuff and a do. Like Little Metalmans sayses, is a safe as a friendship-groups" Gunhild answered briefly, looking to the direction that they were. It would clearly be a trek up into the tropical jungle to get there first. The others seemed to hold confidence in their ideas of finding someone, and perhaps the ruins might have proven a place of interest or safety for their friend. Selani's point about kin back home was much thought about, but for right now she had at least one person she had to be here for and had intent on bringing them back if it were possible.

Where Selani had made her point to go seeking for locals, Sui finished up her watching of Nazza, Sar and Baharius as she heard the Anuran and went to join her.
"I will go with you as well for research purposes, Harkin, would you be willing to come with us to lend a hand?" Sui asked of the dwarf as he looked to her and gave a small nod in acknowledgement.
"Just give me a moment and I'll be right there" he answered as he went to go grab a few things. Gallius was very clearly with his head in the clouds as he was taking a small walk towards the direction of the visible ruins, Sui looking to the rest.
"If any of you else are looking and willing to come with us, I'm sure the assistance will be appreciated" Sui offered in invitation, Gunhild silently considering it as Harkin went to join them. The reptilian beastgirl glanced to Teuihua and the rest of the smol friends alongside her. Sui had took note that Librarian was of a research type as she was, so she would likely insist that he may have been a greater help to stay with the others just so someone credible with their mental notes was travelling with them. Then again, cooperation with someone likeminded would be a delightful experience to experience for once. When Harkin was coming back to join Sui and Selani, an audible noise distraction near to them along the path into the jungle was to be heard. Making it's way from a few trees, a rocky being picked up a large shiny crystalline rock of considerable size, bigger than a basketball even, and just looked to the way of the humanoid people it did not recognise.
1709579078947.png
The sight of the being was a surprise to both Sui and Harkin, the creature was about 8' tall give-or-take and acted like the rock was very precious to it. Looking to the three with just a blank stare of a face that was a single gem, it eventually turned and slowly walked away with slow but heavy steps into the deeper jungle taking the large crystal ball with it. Nearby from just where it had came, there was a clear rocky mound that appeared as if the crystal ball had been placed and left there prior.
"Its' face looked carved or designed. That didn't look very natural to me, even though it looked like a big golem of rocks... " Sui murmured, trying to take in the encounter with it. She didn't recall the Captain or the scout crew saying about a golem-esque creature like this, but now it only peaked her curiosity.​

Neramo Omnipotenti Malus
1707927863588.png
Neramo glanced at his younger brother fiddling with that iccorrigable contraption, the features on the mans face turning to curiosity. He never had much interest in these devices and artefacts, but he supported his brothers interest in them. And if the artefact was to help him find ways to become stronger like his brother was saying, he would admit his interest grows. "Well then, I suppose I'm off?" He said while he held the strange disk, feeling the flash of light and about to cuss his brother out for disintigrating him, but to his pleasant surprise he found himself in some kind of new landscape, with a rather large... woman before him. She didn't seem to notice his monsterous nature, so he would play things safe for now, after all such prudence was expected of the perfect king to be.

"Of course I am strong. Do you not see my perfect form before you?" He said back, gesturing to his toned self with a proud expression. He didn't know why he was engaging with this clearly... primitive woman, but he supposed gaining her trust would help him scout this land out for his brothers. "So, Ms. Briarhild, I must say you are quite right in your self assessment, I can't see an imperfection on you. Of course, my standards are a bit higher, but you are quite acceptable..." He purred, playing into that ego she was stroking while he looked her over, doing his usual inspection for beauty and finding her acceptable

1709621237399.png
Sar looked at the strange creatures, crystalline like the rest of the place. Her tone changed as she curiously reached to pick up one creature- wondering what it was. "There is something- wrong about this place. It is too nice, people would have surely colonized and plundered a paradise like this." Sar felt the creature, ready to throw it if it acted odd- but she could just be paranoid, after all- where had those thoughts and concepts gotten her in her short time free- and the one she learned from.

"Are you sure we should split up?"

🦁GRIFFIN🦅
INTERACTIONS: Femboy Femboy TheTimePiece TheTimePiece Gears Gears The Last Curse The Last Curse Develius Develius SixSense SixSense -Random_Person- -Random_Person- 1Lucker 1Lucker

%I vaguely remember the word and what one looks like I think?%

Griffin replied to Teuihua's question, it wasn't a 100%. He hardly remembered his dinosaurs. Not that he was able to recall ever having an interest in them in his past life. But if there were dinosaurs in this world, just what kind of time period is this world? Stuff like this was what made the adventurers' guild fun. He then turned his head to Librarian.

%I hope you find new knowledge%

Griffin replied to Gunhild.

"Griffin is birdman, yes, but Griffin has cat feet and tail. Griffin birdy cat. Agree, gunhild no dumb."

He knew she wasn't wrong when it came to technicalities, he was in fact bird-like in appearance, and he wouldn't consider her stupid, though one might think that from the way she spoke, Gunhild reminded Griffin of a very capable child, and children typically absorbed information like sponges. He watched the interaction unfold between Gunhild and Kota and... didn't either of them think being petted was at least odd? This was the first time he had seen petting put in a context between two people, unless some beasts just found it calming? But he knew he personally wasn't a beast and that he wouldn't be fond of the idea due to the fact that unless special genetic altering was done for a construct it probably felt as fake as it was. Though his opinion on petting was his own, if those two were comfortable with the idea...well, it seemed like they were with how it kept on getting tossed around. He turned to Selani.

"Agreed, I doubt many people come around often enough for them to easily adjust to visitors."

He said as he positioned the arrow with his left hand against the arrow casually, in case anything happened it was to happen. Though the point Selani made about kin at home kind of…pained Griffin a bit. Yeah, the others likely had at least a friend, if not a family to return to, but all he had was the next job to continue onto. So in regard to that, with little surprise of himself, Griffin internally decided to officially take the group's safety as his responsibility To ensure they could return. He started walking up towards the ruins.

--
    Language keys:
    "Common" %analog%

Teuihua

Teuihua gave a nod and a 'thumbs up' gesture to Kota with his more dexterous hand at his response.
----
Interactions: DarkKitsune DarkKitsune -Random_Person- -Random_Person- Femboy Femboy SixSense SixSense The Last Curse The Last Curse SixSense SixSense

Present:
Teuihua gave a nod at Selani's assessment "Indeed it is most beneficial for the group if those capable of combat are spread out as danger could lurk anywhere in this land. I can certainly understand that, many of those who I knew are gone as far as I know from a time long gone, and what I would call home are simply ruins, so that sense I can understand what being homesick feels like..regardless I certainly wish us all the best of getting back to where we are most comfortable when this is all said and done." Teuihua replied warmly to Selani.

Teuihua was pleased to hear what Librarian had to say in response.

"%Very well Librarian, I believe there is a high chance of there being interesting information at these ruins if they are anything like the ones from my civilization, even after being plundered, there are those which still hold secrets which have not yet been discovered whether form being hidden via magic or through other means that even skilled adventurers and grave robbers aike have not detected yet.%"

"%Worry not about that either there are many times I have assisted escorting those whose primary function did not involve combat. You see I currently operate back in the Caelia Barony in the Protectorate of Ryke, and there are many security details which i have been a part of. Perhaps when this is all said and done it might be a place you'd like to see , the Baroness there is quite nice to our kind as well as many others in her barony.%"
Teuihua responded encouragingly.

WIth Kota agreeing and the somewhat humorous back and forth Teuihua was pleased to see that he would be joining them from the sounds of things. Teuihua was also relatively pleased to see that Gunhild was at least open to going with them as a group if nothing more for safety.

"Yes..safer in a friend group." However what Teuihua might have picked up on was how Gunhild seemed very interested in the Jungle path perhaps with his Insight C.

IF
Teuihua was successful in being able to pick up how Gunhild was feeling from using Insight C:

"Gunhild, if you'd prefer that we go with Sui and their company I'd be more than willing to come with you. I came here primarily to assist you after all, and if you find that more compelling we could certainly go that way first. Regardless if we go to the ruins and find no one we can always head there after..but I do know that sometimes in less hospitable areas it isn't unreasonable to take shelter in what is naturally there for you.." Teuihua shared his reasoning.

However when Teuihua heard the noise of the Golem, presuming it was close enough he immediately turned his head too it even if he didn't have too with his 360 degree vision feature That was most curious!

"Is that..a [Golem] like myself?" Before committing to a direction Teuihua looked at it skeptically, Teuihua was decently taller than that golem but still it was a sight to behold. He did take note of the fact that Griffin and Gallius had already started heading over.

"Griffin did you see that?" He'd call out.

"And Librarian do you have any information on what that was?" He inquired almost feeling inspired to follow it on the basis there was a possibility that people who used constructs lived there.

The crystalline structure was most curious too, his civilization used crystals for energy sources sometimes as Gunhild and others with him had seen with the magic tower incident..these crossovers were interesting and Teuihua wasn't sure if his memory was perfect on his civilization always but..this was all most curious indeed. He wondered if he went up and tried to speak analog to it if it would respond. Who had made it? there were many questions now.

(Note: Teuihua is likely to head where Gunhild prefers if she expresses such.)

(If cooldowns in affect, C grade ability = 3 post cooldown rn)

Selani was just about set to head off into the jungle, doing a small headcount amongst those who wanted to come with. However, two crewmates still seemed conflicted: Sar and Gunhild. Selani looked to the slime-folk first, then to the eerily docile animals scattered about the beach, her lips straightening to a tight line. Something did feel off. She was no biologist, but surely these things would've bolted off when they saw them coming unless they were used to folk just walking around.

Peering back in the jungle, Selani crossed her arms. That could be another good sign of people being here. "Well, if they're nice to us, that means we ain't the only things they're nice to. Or there're people 'round here that got something to do with it," She called out with an affirming croak, "Just one more reason to find out who they are." As for Sar's next concern, Selani bobbed her head to Sui and said, "We got plenty of people to go around, and we'll cover more ground that way, too. You wanna loot, follow Gallius. Otherwise, come with us," She peered at Sar's axe and smiled amiably, "We sure could use another fighter."

Thankfully, Teuihua had taken the lead reasoning with Gunhild. As Selani listened, another memory scrambled to the front of her mind. Gunhild did say she was looking for someone back on the dock. The jungle path would've been an alright place to start, Selani thought. Or at least, that's what she would've chosen first. "If you want my two Rykes' worth, I'd reckon we'd a better chance finding the person you're after somewhere down that path. Maybe we find someone who might know where they are," She nodded to Teuihua, a slight chuckle coming from her, "Sides' with you two with us, ain't nothing's gonna try us! We'll be perfectly fine!"

However, just as she'd finished that sentence, Selani's senses caught the sound of trees being disturbed not too far from her position. She thought it was another one of the creatures coming to check up on the crew until she turned, facing the massive crystalline golem. Her eyes jolted wide open, and Selani quickly reached for her bow. She couldn't even nock an arrow before the being—paying them barely any mind—picked up something and lumbered back into the trees. "Huh," Selani said dumbly, staring bewildered at her crewmates. Turns out there were more than just crystal animals on this island. She could've seen that coming. But they'd both seemed just as uninterested. Just what the hell was with this island?

Teuihua's and Sui's apt explanations snapped Selani out of her fugue. She clenched her jaw and looked where the golem had come from. If it was a golem—which meant it was a construct—something must have built it. Maybe that was where it was heading to? There really was only one way to find out. "Alright, so I got a lil' crazy suggestion..." Selani said warily, turning to Sui and Harkin, "How about we follow where that thing's going? At a distance, of course. If it really is man-made, surely, it's gotta be going somewhere with people?"

Selani took a few steps into the jungle, cupping a hand around her ear, "No way it could've gotten far..." She muttered, using her [Heightened Senses - F (Sound)] and [Perception - F] to find a trail to the golem.

IMG_3348.jpeg

Interactions: Femboy Femboy TheTimePiece TheTimePiece

"Unfortunately, I don't have any information to make an educated guess," Librarian said, shaking his head. While openly expressing emotions wasn't Librarian's strong suit, he did feel a small amount of confusion when trying to come up with possible explanations for why the golem was interested in the gem. He then nodded as Teuihua reassured him that he didn't need to worry much, as he was accustomed to escorting those with lesser combat skills.

As Teuihua mentioned going with Sui and friends, Librarian seemed fine with accompanying Gunhild wherever she wanted to go. He was just along for the ride, eager to explore and observe whatever lay ahead.

((I’m so very sorry for the smaller reply!))

Kota
Ueqtocv.png

Titles: Beastman (Mundane), Kitsune, Isekai
Character Sheet
Mentions: TheTimePiece TheTimePiece DarkKitsune DarkKitsune Femboy Femboy

Unfortunately for Kitsune, he was unable to pick up on the numbers talk between the two constructs and Griffin. A beast being able to speak analog was a rare phenomenon, perhaps he is a seasoned adventurer and has a repertoire of languages at his disposal?

Gunhild would reply to Griffin stating what race he is and what he isn’t rather stern in Gunhildinese. Kota chuckled and decided to instigate a bit, finding the situation a bit humorous.

“Ooh, she’s got you there buddy. I don’t think she’s budging from her argument” Gunhild would place her attention on the fox beast. “What I’m not scared of, I just don’t want to pet you right now. You might be strong but there isn’t much stopping me from petting you right now!” Kota flashed his claws and playfully reached them outwards as he was going to pet her before retracting them. He was surprised when gunhild went on the offensive and threatened to pet him.
“Nonono you can’t pet me, only you can get petted” Kota said, guarding his tails a bit as he saw the crazed look on Gunhild's face.

Teuihua’s offer to tag along with Sui after they had made plans to adventure together had caught the two tailed beast off guard. Perhaps gunhild didn’t want to traverse the ruins as she had said before. Kota would fold his arms, “If you want to go look for your friend first before we enter the ruins I’m happy to help. I’m not too shabby at tracking you know. Like you said earlier, we're friends and friends help each other.” Kota smirked trying to reassure her.

Teuihua would call out an entity in the distance, something living that resembled a rock golem. “Woooah that’s pretty cool, I wonder what else I on this island? Maybe some good clues reside within the jungle”

Location: Unnamed Tropical Island, north of the Second Continent. On shore near the Hoplite Voyager.
TheTimePiece TheTimePiece DarkKitsune DarkKitsune SixSense SixSense Gears Gears The Last Curse The Last Curse -Random_Person- -Random_Person- Develius Develius 1Lucker 1Lucker
1709574286596.png

The little dinosaur that Sar had picked up sat motionless in her grasp with a blank expression, looking directly at her face in response without a single noise uttered from it. The rest of them continued to simply prance and encircle her like they were partaking in some tiny dinosaur dance circle that was encompassing the gelatinous girl. Sar's question of concern didn't go over the heads of others though, as Harkin thought about it.

"It might be a good idea'n all to go along together, patience would get rewarded after all rather'n rushin' into something on ourselves. From th'looks ov'it we have more people'll prob'ly follow the lizard than go'n chase treasure on their own. We'll be followin' thisser' way and it might be a good idea if y'all did come along too" Harkin answered since they would very much be safer in numbers, especially with the crew they did have. Considering the visible life on the island, if a large amount of it were to become hostile then they would probably be as good as very troubled and not good if they were alone to deal with it. Gallius sighed at the proposition of the idea, but silently supposed it was a good idea if the point was going to convince everyone to turn and group as one.
"Well that just depends who else is looking to go up there immediately" he asked publically to see if anyone else still had it set in mind to go.
1709834586823.jpeg
Actions: Size Change (F).
Gunhild snuffed and growled at Kota's pet threatening, her tail gently swaying in response as she lowered her head at him in defensive gesture but considering the thing they were debating over it was basically a temptation at that point.
"Gunhild pet floofa, Gunhild needses pet floofa. Gunhild play with softs floofas, not so simplies gets pet by a floofy-floofa. Why floofas not lets a Gunhild touch the floofa, has a floofy floofa but doesn't wants the floofa to get the floofies touched. Is mean to make Gunhild sees a floofa and then nots gets touch the floofa" Gunhild answered in defiance, slowly outstretching her claws for a moment as if tempted to try to grab and touch Kota's floofiness as she was so highly motivated to do for the moment.

Gunhild blankly looked at Griffin once more, slowly letting her gaze scan him over from head to toe as she decided to look straight at him and clarify once more.
"Birdman is bird" Gunhild blatantly stated as she refused to allow both bird-Griffin and cat-Griffin to be acknowledged at the same time as if she was definitively correct in her statement.
"Birdman is bird, bird lay egg, if Birdman lay egg then Birdman is bird. Cat no lay egg. Gunhild lay egg, so that mean Gunhild is... Gunhild, not bird. Gunhild lay Gunhild egg, not bird egg. Cat no lay egg thoughs. Birdman lay egg or birdman is not bird or cat, birdman is.... wing-smol. Gunhild not know what birdie-man is a be" she spoke long-windedly as she raised an eyebrow, waiting for him to prove his species by expecting him to instantaneously lay an egg at the very moment to prove he was at the least part bird. It probably didn't mean anything in the long-run about him being part-cat, but Gunhild made the point anyway.

Gunhild's hesitance was noticed by Teuihua as she listened to what the big construct had to say, grumbling softly in thought before the golem had appeared and left with a large crystal with it. The suggestions that Selani had made was an interesting point, Gunhild didn't have a single clue about constructs or the likes despite the fact she had spent with Teuihua whom she still didn't really get at all. Though if constructs were like that, then perhaps the frog had a point about it leading to people.
"Foggy-Frogs musts be smarts, maybes Island-Rockman take shiny-rock to Island-Rockman Rock Friends or Smols and Peopleses Friends... " she mumbled as she thought on Beeg Metalman's words in offer that he would come to assist her either way. Since the ruins felt like they might be tight inside and inconvenient for both her and him to be in there at the same time, she pointed to the jungle path in the way the golem had went.
"Gunhild go dis way. Gunhild no need fancy ruin-place thingies, Gunhild think dis way bestest way for Gunhild to find friend. Gunhild follow smart jumpyfishy" the little lizard answered as she scampered over to where Selani, Sui and Harkin were in intent of joining them. By that means, Harkin and Sui suspected this meant Teuihua and Librarian were both also coming along with them. It would also seem as if Kota was joining since he wanted to offer to help Gunhild too.
"Gunhild friend no like dark, spook place. Gunhild friend like pretty place and light and happy-ness, Gunhild friend must walks arounds a lot and touch grass a many time" she added from her own knowledge of what she believed would be right, not much thinking about the fact they would probably decide on a place to stay for the nights and to be safe. She supposed they would be more likely to find them walking around or something if it was daytime, or just stumble upon where they were staying if so.

"That makes seven going this way, if anyone is changing their minds about going to the ruins. Otherwise I suggest everyone else gets together and figures out their own plan to not get into trouble or danger" Sui spoke, since it felt like Gallius wasn't going to be the greatest planner or leader if left in charge at least to her. She didn't publically mention that though so he wouldn't try to prove it out of spite and fail at it from being too desperate to prove himself or something.

Selani's deductions would hear the audible faint footsteps of the golem stepping in the same exact pattern as it drew further and further away in the direction of the path, visible evidence of where its heavy footing had trampled the ground off the pattern still remained but where it had traversed on the path remained unseen as if it was already beaten down and worn away by heavy treading and usage.

"Well, best y'all get'cher decisions on where'yer goin' out now so we can get a move on and not worry'bout havin' left someone left behind. Daylight's burnin' the more we stay, and if we're to follow that rock it's getting away as we wait" Harkin announced to get everyone who was wanting to follow them and not go to the ruins to come along, Sui walked ahead a little distance with Selani as she was ready to get going to not waste time.
"If they're goin' off their way, might be best if I go with them just in case. We'll see whos' loot hungry over there. If there's still ones intendin' tae go that way then I might join them instead just to keep their heads outta trouble, you'd understand how that is. But I trust the lotta'yae can keep things under control" Harkin mentioned since a lot of them were joining together and some stragglers might be planning to head off on their own to the ruins.

"So, who's interested on still doin' a ruin-dive before someone else gets there or are you all gonna give me that 'stick together as one big group' thing?" Gallius asked, knowing he probably wasn't gonna go to the ruins if it was by himself since it might be too dangerous to do so with the rest of them having a point.

---
NeramoDJI NeramoDJI
20240301_235249.png

There was a gentle breeze in the air, the faint smell of nature and flowers in the vicinity of where they were. Most notably, the scent of nature and life was probably blocked out by the stench of the reptilian girl that was next to Neramo. She stank of blatant sweat, dirt and what one would compare to urine. She didn't seem to care about it at all though, and in fact ignored Neramo's personal space as she investigatively got closer to him.
1709837082451.png
"Hmm... " she grumbled as she looked him over, not thinking anything of him being potentially monstrous of the sort as she looked and inspected him really close with no sense of personal space whatsoever. They were probably a mere milimeter or two from touching if anything, finishing up closely inspecting his face and eyes for whatever reason, she mumbled.
"Briarhild no see perfect form. Briarhild see funny man who suddenly appear... with long girly hair" she observed as she proceeded to push her hair through and around Neramo's hair to demonstrate how long and girly it clearly was. Despite Neramo's serious ambitions and demeanour, for the first person he met after arriving she was evidently not taking him very seriously at all.

"Briarhild know Briarhild acceptable. Briarhild always acceptable, Briarhild is the best at things" she answered as she grumbled a small growl, looking back at him after smiling and holding her head up over her own pride. Taking a look whether to say so, she added.
"Girlyman is also acceptable. Girlyman looks a little strange to Briarhild... Girlyman would look much better if he was less girly. Needs not-woman hair or to be as defined as Briarhild" Briarhild observed and blatantly answered as she flexed directly in front of him to observe her muscular definement that she was talking about, thinking she was much better off than him in that department and outright saying it without consideration. Eventually stopping and looking to him, she continued.

"You, give name. Or else Briarhild call you little girl-babi. You do not want to be a little girl-babi especially to Briarhild. Briarhild is going to Grey-one tribe to works with Grey-ones since they are smart and strong like Briarhild... not as much as Briarhild, but better than soft-ones. Little girl-babi should come and make friends and strong-friends, Briarhild think Grey-ones not make very good talky friends. Little girl-babi speaks good words" she smiled as she patted him on the back, motioning him to follow her if he wanted to come to wherever she was planning to go.​

1709903993911.png
Sar
"I agree with the dwarf- there is something weird about this place, the animals are too stupid." She said as she gestured to the smaller creature in her hands. Sar put the creature down before turning to the other group.

"I'd be more comfortable with the Golem and whatever Gunhild is."

Sar then bolted off, her axe over her shoulder- these creatures where far too stupid, the fact that they made no attempts to flee or hide made her think they may be some kind of pack predator, like those stupid little fish that attacked her one time- another reason she hated water.

7oIhE4E.png

Mentions:
| Femboy Femboy | TheTimePiece TheTimePiece | DarkKitsune DarkKitsune | The Last Curse The Last Curse | SixSense SixSense |
Direct Mentions:
| Gears Gears (Sar) | 1Lucker 1Lucker (Nazza) |

Finding a make-shift group amongst the nearby likes of Nazza and Sar, Baharius would walk alongside them while they traversed the beachside. While observing the dense forest that lain before the group, he'd hear the sound of chittering and chattering coming from behind them. Turning around, he'd be greeted to a gathering of roughly eight small glowing creatures, being the same ones he'd seen earlier, following them closely. This behavior wasn't particularly odd for a creature to do, especially if it revolved around territory or threat identification. They'd run or defend themselves the moment they sensed danger and before that they'd express a hesitant, nervous energy. Or for young, orphaned creatures, just having recently hatched, they might see the first thing they see as their parental figure.

Three of them were curiously investigating Baharius, raising on their hind legs to assess the beast before them. Being the carnivore that he was, the spinosaurian no doubt looked like a potential threat that could easily snap them up in his crocodile-esque jaws. But Baharius couldn't help but be curious about them himself. He glanced over to the slime girl, Sar, nearby, where the others were following her around like a group of orphaned ducklings. They weren't threatened by her at all. It was unusual to see creatures like these be so bold, if not aloof-like, towards characters like himself or any of the newcomers here. And to be so friendly and accepting of them was even more puzzling. But if they were as harmless as they looked... perhaps they were friendly?

The Saurian lowered his body at the three creatures, slowly approaching them with careful and quiet steps. "Oh, hello lil' guys," he cooed softly, not wanting to spook them with his already imposing voice, "It's ok. I won't harm ya...". He gave a low non-threatening rumble that rumbled deep in his throat, hoping it would be enough to convince the creatures that he meant no harm. At the same time, he utilized [Heightened Sense: Smell E] to get a better read on them. Even as Sar grew disinterested with the rabble and bolted back to the main group, Baharius was determined to know what exactly these creatures were... and their relationship to he and the other saurians, no matter how removed they may be from the family tree.

Title: [Dino Daddy] – (Despite size and appearance suggesting otherwise, the character has shown to have reliable protective father instincts towards smaller characters. Will make it easier for them to trust them).

Last edited:
🦁GRIFFIN🦅

Griffin turned his head in the direction Teuiha spoke about, he had talked about. Everyone seemed to have noticed something. How had he not noticed it?

"No...I didn't."

And by no means did the construct have any heightened sense or the means to apply appraisal to check. He started looking around and being alert. A mystery construct? He could only hope it was nothing bad. As the lizard beast went on her tangent, Griffin's eye went a little wide. He wasn't expecting stuff about eggs being brought up, and now that it was, he found it a little weird and uncomfortable to mention because 1. He was a boy....he thought. And the 2nd reason was because he knew he was a construct anyway and that imagery was something...though it seemed to have ended when Gunhild seemed ended up seeming confused by it before the subject was changed.

"I'll be going with Gunhild. If we split up, however, I'll be going with the smaller group. Because it doesn't seem possible to split up evenly."

He wanted to protect gunhild sure, but a small group would also be vulnerable, he'd imagine.

A satisfied smirk grew on Selani's face as her ears were rewarded with the sound of the golem moving deeper within the jungle. At this rate, it would be ahead just enough to stay out of sight and on its trail. Perfect. She peered down and noticed large tracks etched into the jungle floor—no doubt from the golem. Following them should be a breeze as long as it stayed its course. "Gotcha!" Selani whispered, turning around to share the news with the rest of the crew. She pointed eagerly at the tracks in the dirt, "Looks like our little friend left us a trail," She said, "All we gotta do now is follow 'em.' Still hear it stomping down there, too."

After sharing the news, Selani croaked in bemusement at the many faces still dotting the beach. With all the talk of looting earlier, she figured there'd already be one or two crewmates en route to the ruins, but it seemed most of them had sobered up, choosing the safer option or opting to stick with who they were familiar with. That observation flushed her nerves with cooling relief. It's good to see that they were already thinking ahead. And it was even better knowing they cared just a tad about each other. Oh, the headaches that would save!

All the praise could come later, though. The golem was inching away with every second; she'd better take the initiative. "I appreciate y'all changing your minds, but if we wanna get going, we oughta leave now," Selani said, her voice ripe with urgency as she searched for the tracks again. Once her gaze landed on them, she peered over her shoulder, "I'll lead the way. But if any of y'all got better ears or eyes, don't be afraid to overtake me, hear?"

With that said, Selani started into the jungle, eyes set on the golem's trails, ears open for any sound of its passage.

Teuihua
Interactions: The Last Curse The Last Curse Femboy Femboy DarkKitsune DarkKitsune Gears Gears -Random_Person- -Random_Person- SixSense SixSense

Teuihua acknowledged Selani with a nod also, " Your reasoning is sensible. Should Gunhild go this way I will follow and help ensure your party's safety."

"Understandable Librarian. Should we follow it, perhaps there'll be the opportunity for you and the rest of us to gain some insight."

Teuihua nodded to Kota, " Thank you for your assistance Kota, I believe this may be the case, there is possible information to be gained from the inhabitants if we can make contact , as I can only presume that golem was not naturally occurring and may lead us somewhere useful, the Jungle terrain itself may also yield helpful information as you say."
-----
Present:

After more humorous interactions took place, Teuihua listened carefully to Gunhild and nodded, "Very well then I"ll be coming this way with you. Perhaps the island is on the more inhabitable side, and we will encounter your friend at one of the settlements or out and about. I will still maintain the idea that the ruins are not an impractical place to hide out if necessary whether due to social or danger challenges, but I do not know your friend well enough to know whether those factors influence where they are currently residing."

"Excellent Sar, in lieu of you joining us, I will do my best to ensure your safety as the others."
Teuihua reaffirmed giving the slimefolk.

"And yes perhaps if that golem is anything like myself it will lead us somewhere beneficial. However I am aware that not all constructs are created equally, and that their verbal abilities may vary as well, some do not speak as much as others..so lets hope that this one is the sort that can be reasoned with."

Teuihua lumbered his way over toward Gunhild, Sui, Hark, to company Gunhild with her scampering.

"Understood Griffin, one of my primary objectives coming along on this journey was to assist Gunhild. So for that I will continue to do so. Your desire to assist those who may be more vulnerable in this unknown setting is admirable, Should we split I'm certain we will regroup in the foreseeable future, however should you join us, I'm pleased to have you along."

Teuihua then looked to everyone and spoke more generally, "I am inclined to agree with Selani if we are intent on following the golem we should depart now and follow at a safe distance."

The golem also decided to add in another bit, "I am pleased to report that I have 360 degree vision. As a result I should be able to help cover some deficit areas in tandem with my height."

Neramo Omnipotenti Malus
1707927863588.png

Neramo felt his patience quickly waning with the cavewoman in front of him, his brow twitching in annoyance. She began talking about how small and girly he was, starting to make him consider sparking his flame up to beat her down... but that would not be prudent. She was offering strong friends, so a bit of restraint would be good to show for now. "You may call me Neramo. Now that we have that aside, there is no need for you to call me girly." He said simply, crossing his arms and looking her over. "And I suppose I can accompany you to this grey tribe, which only leaves for you to lead the way Briarhild." He said, deciding he'd get his revenge for her insults after he reaped the benefits of their relationship.

Nazza Jakobi

_9c0ad3c7-e2d9-4f7a-ba93-96b50c0dfd4d.jpeg

Languages:​

"Common", "-Nomadic-"

Nazza had run up the beach to get closer to the interesting crystal reptiles. He wanted to learn about them, and maybe even tame one of his own. He laughed as the little creatures knocked into his legs, then moved on to the slime girl. Moving past them, he approached a herd of horned creatures. They were the size of horses, but completely ignored him. They didn't even show the cursory curiosity of the little animals earlier. Nazza wandered the herd, running his hand across their rough skin, looking for anything that stood out. He stared up at a different animal in the herd. It was both larger and fancier than the others. Unlike the others, this one had a spine of crystal going down its back. It was also smoother and more streamlined. It was also the only one that reacted to his arrival.

"You're beautiful," Nazza murmured to the creature. "What are you?" His friends had caught up and were walking through the herd of horned creatures, marveling at their beauty. Nazza put a hand on the nose of the marvelous creature. With a bit of speaking, the creature didn't seem to mind as Nazza boosted himself up onto its back. "I believe that we shall become great friends, buddy." He said [Relatable]y. "I'm going to learn so much from you."

Relevant abilities: [Relatable] | Language F, Empathy F, Persuasion F, Insight F | Grade F | 0 post cooldown
A disarming way of speaking, can make the user seem more trustworthy.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back