• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Kronum Village] Here Be Dragons

Interactions: D. Rex D. Rex Elvario Elvario
1644725678907.png
Kaida took a few long blinks, deep in thought. Age hasn't been a huge concept to her, considering her family was mostly made up of large dragon beasts who age like fossils. She put out both of her hands, her sharp long nails on display. She began to use her fingers to count, though the numbers made no sense as she was sticking up and down random digits. "Long time." She concluded in the end - very confidently. Regula then began to ask her about her abilities. She had to ponder on this as well. She's been surrounded by the peaceful townspeople for so long that she hadn't really tried any of her previous combat skills. As she parted her lips, about to answer, Mr.Nock appeared in front of them. And with her attention span - she was immediately onto the next topic without finishing the former one.

Kaida could feel her eyes about to roll to the back of her head once Mr.Nock began to give her directions on where to start going. She barely knew how to get around town as everything looked the same - and without a scent to track, Kaida was a bit of a ditz in the wild. She really only got by on natural instinct. Her eyes peaked up at Regula, who seemed confident about the conversation. Kaida nodded to herself, noting to just follow her once they start their journey. She was happy to not be going alone on these confusing times.

The beast girl bobbed her head while listening to Mr.Nock talk about the payment of their adventure. The only real thing Kaida connected money to was food - and ten silver coins could definitely get her a good amount of meals. Once passed a satchel, she peered into the contents of it. To her delight, there was a few rations of food - and immediately her mouth began to water. She had to shake her head to snap herself out of the trance food puts on her. Her focus was back on Regula. She seemed to be so knowledge regarding this task they were given. Kaida wanted to be as aware as she was some day. "When [you're] ready, I follow you." She told her new friend.

Izaak
Ryken Forest. Interactions: D. Rex D. Rex Dr.Sturgeon Surgeon Dr.Sturgeon Surgeon

Before Vlad had a chance to respond, the dragon stirred. At first, Izaak thought he’d simply seen things out of the corner of his eyes, but then the dragon rumbled. And then it spoke. The wolven snapped his notebook shut, and shoved it back in his bag with the rest of his charcoal. He shouldered the bag as he stood – just in case he needed to run – but carefully approached the dragon. The creature was his patient, after all.

“Uh, hey. Try not to move so much, you’re injured,” he said, trying to adopt his best soothing bedside voice. Granted, this was not a good place for the dragon to be laying, especially if there were more people like the human who’d originally attacked it around. Plus it was completely exposed to the elements. Still, Izaak really didn’t want to try and move the dragon now, he’d just have to rely on the abilities of himself and the goblin to keep the dragon safe.

He gave the dragon’s dressings a visual once over. They both seemed to be holding, at least, though they would need changed eventually. He’d left the dragon laying on its side after he’d finished up his work, doing his best to make sure neither wound was touching the ground. He wasn’t sure if he should try to coax the dragon back to full consciousness, or try to get it to rest some more. The former might be preferable if only to make sure the dragon was lucid and didn’t try anything in its confusion that might open up its wounds again. It had spoken, right? He hadn’t been hearing things? Well, maybe he could get it to focus on that, for now.

“I’m Izaak, and that’s Vlad over there. Do you have a name?” He asked, “Do you remember where you are?”

Noah Osmund
Interactions: Eccentric_Undead Eccentric_Undead

RindoArtworkHD.pngIt was somewhat awkward when the Angel barely gave Noah barely any attention. He briefly had a mental crisis when he considered what it means for an Angel to not look at you. He hoped that didn't mean he was some irredeemable sinner. Sure he shoplifted a few times and did a little breaking an entering but who hasn't!? The man within him however more distraught that a beautiful girl had so thoroughly disregarded him. How fragile, the pure heart of a man. She didn't even return the greeting, was he really so undesirable. It must be because he's dirty from his time in the woods yeah that must be it, first impressions are everything after all he would just have to clean himself up and make up for it. Yeah, that'll do it.

It seemed the Angel hadn't completely written him off however as she reached for something at her side and handed it to Noah. He opened up the small bag which contained a small piece of bread and some dried meat. Noah immediately started salivating in anticipation of finally getting food in his stomach. Before he took a bit however he became tumblr_46f3cd67ad1b000a133ef58ad34434ab_0512221e_1280.jpg2.jpg especially conscious of the company he found himself in. So he took a moment to pray before eating, surely an Angel would appreciate that. Then tore into the bread with gusto and ripped into the tough jerky. Strictly speaking it didn't taste like much of anything but to a starving boy it was the greatest meal he'd ever had. With a bit more energy in him and a guarantee he wasn't going to die of starvation this time, he smiled at the Angel is gratitude. "Thanks miss really! I don't know how long I could have kept going, I mean everyone says two weeks but I don't kno-" Noah stopped stock still as he looked past the Angel girls shoulder and saw a familiar figure behind her.

The man who had been following him materializing and dematerializing seemingly randomly had appeared again. Though this time there was an intense look on his face and had his fist raised ready to strike the girl from behind without her being any the wiser [Undetected(Sight and Sound) E]. Noah wasn't sure why he was seeing her as a threat, but he couldn't let him hit her! He rushed forward quick as he could and put himself in the path of the man fist, it stopped just an inch before it could cave in his skull. The man tilted his head perplexed before disappearing again. Noah slouched started breathing heavily. That was terrifying. "Hehe, just stretching my legs." His legs were trembling. Noah looked to the azure eyes of the angel getting a little flustered. Trying to play off his, to them, strange actions. "*ahem* Since you saved my life I'm in your debt so I give you my word I'll help out until I pay you back. Where I come from its said a mans word is everything and he is nothing without it! So, uh, I'll stick with you guys?" Noah tried to sound confident but had gotten unsure at the end. He had his code and values that he had formed with his friend in the city. With the gang presence you had to put your foot down and draw the line in the sand of what you would and wouldn't do. Noah was doing his best to be honorable, but it was still kinda awkward for him. He wondered how a Hero would do it.

Vlad was surprised to hear Izaak's reasoning. It seemed his new friend had some lofty ideas. 'Make the world a better place........' Vlad thought as he started to pack away his tools and newly created totem. He was about to ask how Izaak planned to make the world better when the dragon began to stir. The grand creature seemed to mumble something as it woke. Vlad watched as Izaak hurriedly put away his book and then carefully approached the dragon and seemed to check up on him. He even tried to warn the creature off of moving as it was still obviously very hurt. "You should probably listen to him, I mean you don't want to go and hurt yourself again after the nice wolven patched you up." Vladimir said as he walked over to stand beside Izaak. He figured if Izaak was nervous he might feel a bit less so if he wasn't the only one to approach the dragon. "I mean before he came over and started to actually help all I was doing was holding a chunk of my robe to the wound. Which now that I think on it isn't probably the cleanest bandage." He looked down at his robes and gave them a curious sniff before shrugging and looking back to the slowly waking dragon. "You should really be more careful around humans, they aren't very nice to use 'lesser' races." His voice dripped sarcasm as he said the word lesser. "You really should of eaten him when you had the chance." He continued only half joking.
Interactions: Weazel Weazel D. Rex D. Rex

Regula

Regula was surprised to see the Mr. Nock all geared up and ready so soon. She was even more surprised by the beauty of the crossbow he was wielding. “You've got to introduce me to whomever made that.” She blurted it out without much thought, as she was fascinated by the size and quality of it. She then took notice of the man's actual words. “Quarter mile to the south. Got it.” It was always good to repeat instructions like those to make sure one had heard them well. She swung the food sachet over her shoulder, as she nodded. Ten silver was a pretty decent amount for just finding some dragon. It wouldn't be as good as having a dragon for a trophy, but still, it was an amount that'd sustain her for a fair while. “Is there anything else in the area I should keep an eye out for? You mentioned attacks from the forests were commonplace. I'll withdraw if I spot the dragon, but I'm assuming engaging whatever else attacks me first won't be an issue? Just for what I can handle, of course, I know my limits.” She wasn't eager to run from some monsters just for the sake of pacifism, nor was she eager to die to something unexpected. Either way, she'd soon set out on the path set out for them.
Interactions: D. Rex D. Rex Elvario Elvario
Kaida took a few long blinks, deep in thought. Age hasn't been a huge concept to her, considering her family was mostly made up of large dragon beasts who age like fossils. She put out both of her hands, her sharp long nails on display. She began to use her fingers to count, though the numbers made no sense as she was sticking up and down random digits. "Long time." She concluded in the end - very confidently. Regula then began to ask her about her abilities. She had to ponder on this as well. She's been surrounded by the peaceful townspeople for so long that she hadn't really tried any of her previous combat skills. As she parted her lips, about to answer, Mr.Nock appeared in front of them. And with her attention span - she was immediately onto the next topic without finishing the former one.

Kaida could feel her eyes about to roll to the back of her head once Mr.Nock began to give her directions on where to start going. She barely knew how to get around town as everything looked the same - and without a scent to track, Kaida was a bit of a ditz in the wild. She really only got by on natural instinct. Her eyes peaked up at Regula, who seemed confident about the conversation. Kaida nodded to herself, noting to just follow her once they start their journey. She was happy to not be going alone on these confusing times.

The beast girl bobbed her head while listening to Mr.Nock talk about the payment of their adventure. The only real thing Kaida connected money to was food - and ten silver coins could definitely get her a good amount of meals. Once passed a satchel, she peered into the contents of it. To her delight, there was a few rations of food - and immediately her mouth began to water. She had to shake her head to snap herself out of the trance food puts on her. Her focus was back on Regula. She seemed to be so knowledge regarding this task they were given. Kaida wanted to be as aware as she was some day. "When [you're] ready, I follow you." She told her new friend.

Mr. Nock followed her eyes to his crossbow. He knew that look in her eyes, he had a similar look when he saw it for the first time. "You have a fine eye. You'd be surprised to know the one who made it is a clockmaker. They were a fine mechanist, a master I dare say..." he said, patting the side of the weapon, "...i don't know how they did it, but they the draw of three bows into one. I've seen larger crossbows break under half the strain, and the cranking is a breeze. It has saved my life many times. You have a fine and curious piece yourself, I'd say by the time we can secure this village, I'd be willing to point you in the right direction. If you ever want to put your smithing skills to the test, there be the place."

The old man had clearly gone a bit soft talking about such things, a but of passion creeping into his voice. But no sooner did he clear his voice. "No matter, we've dallied enough. Come, Kaida, miss blacksmith, I'll tell you about the land as we walk."

With a wave of his hand, he ushered both of the ladies to follow them. Nock turned and began walking through the village. "Goblins are probably the most common in the woods. A fair few tribes live in its edges. A nuisance really, more than a threat. Like roaches, just get rid of them. But I suppose over the years we have come to an understand. They don't go raiding our village, and we do not got burning them out of the forest. Everything else is fair game. They'll harass our lumberjacks if we get to close to their territory. They harass the roads. And anybody else wondering that they see as an easy target. Not as bad as they were in my youth, but we still don't recommend going into the woods alone or unarmed. Most of the time you can scare them off with a display of force. But never count on it."

"Wolves and bears are ever present. Any farm bow with a bow can handle them. It is the dire beasties you need to worry about. Not very common, those, as they like it deeper in the forest. Wolves be the common of them. And always more than one. Dire bears are hibernating this time of year. So long as you don't walk into any caves, you won't see one. Dire boars though... no those be some of the meanest things we have around. I once saw one maul a pack of werewolves, then nearly knock down the tree I was hiding in to try and get me. I was up there for two days before it lost interest. They like to eat them goblins, and they'll turn out field to trenches if they smell a good harvest of melons. You see one, you pick a sturdy tree and climb it. And as tempting as it is to attack it. Best not to make it angry unless you are sure you can kill it. Best way to deal with them is a good trap. A good stake trap will do half your work for you in taking one down. Snares won't do a damn thing, unless you have the money for orichalcum razor wire. But that will kill just about anything these woods throw at you."

The man generally seemed to enjoy talking about the woods. As gruff and gnarled as he seemed, he really was a bushmaster at heart.

"Once you leave the woods though, you got the Glattzdan Hills. The tribes of gnolls there are the most numerous threat you'll see. Fine hunters, the lot of them. Much more sturdy folk than the goblins are. You can reason with them, at least. Sometimes its hard to tell if they be monsters or beastfolk. In between, most the time. But if you have some fine furs to wave in their face, they might be willing to talk about. I've not met one yet that hasn't been interested in bartering for some dire wolf pelts. That's assuming you didn't meet one that had the mind to kill you for it. Giants will down from the mountains, now and then. Best to run if you catch a wiff of one. Thats what the towers are for. Most don't come close enough, but when they do, we light the fire and signal the other villages a warning. All it takes is one giant to level a village. If it catches you alone, it will knock you to the sun, if it doesn't just swallow you whole."

"Dragons now... not many of them left. Either that or they are just hiding. Haven't had one cross the hills in nigh a decade. Don't know much about them, other than once they get their mind set in destroying things that they won't stop until they've had their fill, or you kill em. Not really much to say about them other than what you've had heard a bard tell of old legends. But even those legends don't really matter when they act as feral as they do these days. Legends were probably made up anyway."

Juliet Aramathia

r9nI5cdPO7JKd33ll6bsTwwL3JYyuV0O6FCWDONH1Io.jpg

Interactions: D. Rex D. Rex EMIYAman EMIYAman
Despite the clearly hospitable nature of these people, Juliet didn't bother letting her guard down. She had life experience, both in this life and her last, that proved that people were never what they seemed. People weren't worthy of trust. Deep down, humans were just as much monsters as the monsters they Purge. However, she was not one to think that all humans were evil. She herself was still human, despite the wings. She just understood that humans were not to be trusted. People were not to be trusted. People had a habit of going behind each other's backs. They had a habit of doing things evil. She had been through enough in life experience to understand that when given the opportunity of doing something evil for their own gain most people wouldn't hesitate. Even still, she followed at a respectable distance behind the mayor "There may be more work the church needs in this region. So, I may stay."

She listened to the words of everyone around her as the refugees were led off to be taken care of. Keeping her guard up and her spear at the ready. She didn't bother to turn her head, rather she simply glanced to the boy who was asking for food. It didn't seem like he was lying, but one could never be too sure. With that being said, she wasn't the type to let somebody go hungry.

She stopped, reaching her hand across her body and untying a small pouch from her hip. Turning and looking at him with her normal cold, distant gaze. She held the pouch out to him, the other hand gripping the spear tightly as she looked at him "Take these rations."
Noah Osmund
Interactions: Eccentric_Undead Eccentric_Undead

View attachment 957812It was somewhat awkward when the Angel barely gave Noah barely any attention. He briefly had a mental crisis when he considered what it means for an Angel to not look at you. He hoped that didn't mean he was some irredeemable sinner. Sure he shoplifted a few times and did a little breaking an entering but who hasn't!? The man within him however more distraught that a beautiful girl had so thoroughly disregarded him. How fragile, the pure heart of a man. She didn't even return the greeting, was he really so undesirable. It must be because he's dirty from his time in the woods yeah that must be it, first impressions are everything after all he would just have to clean himself up and make up for it. Yeah, that'll do it.

It seemed the Angel hadn't completely written him off however as she reached for something at her side and handed it to Noah. He opened up the small bag which contained a small piece of bread and some dried meat. Noah immediately started salivating in anticipation of finally getting food in his stomach. Before he took a bit however he became View attachment 957815 especially conscious of the company he found himself in. So he took a moment to pray before eating, surely an Angel would appreciate that. Then tore into the bread with gusto and ripped into the tough jerky. Strictly speaking it didn't taste like much of anything but to a starving boy it was the greatest meal he'd ever had. With a bit more energy in him and a guarantee he wasn't going to die of starvation this time, he smiled at the Angel is gratitude. "Thanks miss really! I don't know how long I could have kept going, I mean everyone says two weeks but I don't kno-" Noah stopped stock still as he looked past the Angel girls shoulder and saw a familiar figure behind her.

The man who had been following him materializing and dematerializing seemingly randomly had appeared again. Though this time there was an intense look on his face and had his fist raised ready to strike the girl from behind without her being any the wiser [Undetected(Sight and Sound) E]. Noah wasn't sure why he was seeing her as a threat, but he couldn't let him hit her! He rushed forward quick as he could and put himself in the path of the man fist, it stopped just an inch before it could cave in his skull. The man tilted his head perplexed before disappearing again. Noah slouched started breathing heavily. That was terrifying. "Hehe, just stretching my legs." His legs were trembling. Noah looked to the azure eyes of the angel getting a little flustered. Trying to play off his, to them, strange actions. "*ahem* Since you saved my life I'm in your debt so I give you my word I'll help out until I pay you back. Where I come from its said a mans word is everything and he is nothing without it! So, uh, I'll stick with you guys?" Noah tried to sound confident but had gotten unsure at the end. He had his code and values that he had formed with his friend in the city. With the gang presence you had to put your foot down and draw the line in the sand of what you would and wouldn't do. Noah was doing his best to be honorable, but it was still kinda awkward for him. He wondered how a Hero would do it.

Mayor Anna nodded, "The Church is always welcome here, Sister. And if you wish for work, we have been facing trials here ourselves. That dragon being one of them. Probably the biggest one right now. After what happened at Lanost, that is what has most of us worried."

She did, however give the odd boy a rather strange look. He was certainly acting very wierd. But, if the was eager to help the sister, then that was alright by her. "If you were in those woods for two weeks, you are fortunate to have escaped with your skin lad. No bow. No spear. Next time you go wondering around, at least know where you are going. Most who get lost in the woods don't ever come back. Count yourself lucky."

Anna turned her head as she saw three people walking from the village, heading towards the main road, which Anna, Juliette, and Noah were just coming from.

They would see it as the weathered skinny old man from before. This time accompanied by two woman.( Howl Howl Elvario Elvario ) From what could be heard from this distance, the old man seemed to be explaining to them about gnolls and giants.

"Speaking of the dragon. Looks like Mr. Nock is finally getting his hunt in the way. If you are wanting to help, I'm sure he wouldn't mind a the hand of the Church in this. Though I doubt we would be keen in waiting. He's been anxious to get into the woods all morning."

Regula

Mentions: Kaida Howl Howl
Regula patiently waited for Kaida to try counting the time she'd been in the city, only to hear 'long time' as the answer. The attempt was adorable enough for Regula to find herself reaching out to pet Kaida's head before even being consciously aware of doing so. Were Kaida to let it happen, Regula would give the girl a gentle ruffle through the hair. “Well done.”

As for mister Nock...

Truth be told, Regula didn't quite understand some of the things Nock was saying. It wasn't just the clockmaker part that puzzled her, but the entire mechanical thing about firing with the force of three arrows altogether. “I'd love to meet the them, but it sounds more like place to test boyer or fletcher skills, which I can't claim to have. Still, I admit you've only gotten me more curious as to who made this. Someone that calls themselves a clockmaker and comes out making such a crossbow must be a master crafter in general.”

She took note of the creatures he mentioned. Goblins, wolves, bears, dire beasts... They sure didn't have a day of rest here. She did laugh at one mention. “The army will be jealous of the farm boys you've got here.” Taking out a bear or wolf with a bow wasn't an easy feat. For an average farm boy to do so didn't seem all that plausible to Regula.

Still, the story about dire boars intrigued her even more. “Those dire boars sound like worthy prey. I wonder how well they'd hold up against a well-aimed shot.” She had to stop herself from wanting to go test it out right then and there. Oddly enough, she also couldn't help wondering about something else. “I wonder what dire boar tastes like.”

The mention of Orichalcum didn't go unnoticed either. One day, when she owned this country, she'd have all the rare metals she'd want. For now, the best she could do was use her blacksmith connections to get it at a discount. “Some enchanted mythril might do wonders as well, if you span wires of it through-out the forest and get those dire boars to run into them. It'd probably kills anything else that'd run into them as well though.”

“Giants?” Regula had mostly gone over the entire gnoll part without much care. Giants, however, were of more interest to her. “Those sound terrifying. How intelligent are they? Are they comparable to gnolls?” In her mind, she was already imagining herself taming some giants for her future army.

As Nock mentioned dragons, Regula couldn't help gloss over at Kaida. Was something that cute meant to be half of what Nock described? She couldn't imagine Kaida destroying things, other than perhaps due to being clumsy. To that extend, she had to agree with Nock. “I'm starting to believe parts of those legends were made up at least...” She was starting to doubt that all dragons were ferocious by nature, at the very least. “Well, we'll find out more once we find our dragon.”

Vlad was surprised to hear Izaak's reasoning. It seemed his new friend had some lofty ideas. 'Make the world a better place........' Vlad thought as he started to pack away his tools and newly created totem. He was about to ask how Izaak planned to make the world better when the dragon began to stir. The grand creature seemed to mumble something as it woke. Vlad watched as Izaak hurriedly put away his book and then carefully approached the dragon and seemed to check up on him. He even tried to warn the creature off of moving as it was still obviously very hurt. "You should probably listen to him, I mean you don't want to go and hurt yourself again after the nice wolven patched you up." Vladimir said as he walked over to stand beside Izaak. He figured if Izaak was nervous he might feel a bit less so if he wasn't the only one to approach the dragon. "I mean before he came over and started to actually help all I was doing was holding a chunk of my robe to the wound. Which now that I think on it isn't probably the cleanest bandage." He looked down at his robes and gave them a curious sniff before shrugging and looking back to the slowly waking dragon. "You should really be more careful around humans, they aren't very nice to use 'lesser' races." His voice dripped sarcasm as he said the word lesser. "You really should of eaten him when you had the chance." He continued only half joking.
Izaak
Ryken Forest. Interactions: D. Rex D. Rex Dr.Sturgeon Surgeon Dr.Sturgeon Surgeon

Before Vlad had a chance to respond, the dragon stirred. At first, Izaak thought he’d simply seen things out of the corner of his eyes, but then the dragon rumbled. And then it spoke. The wolven snapped his notebook shut, and shoved it back in his bag with the rest of his charcoal. He shouldered the bag as he stood – just in case he needed to run – but carefully approached the dragon. The creature was his patient, after all.

“Uh, hey. Try not to move so much, you’re injured,” he said, trying to adopt his best soothing bedside voice. Granted, this was not a good place for the dragon to be laying, especially if there were more people like the human who’d originally attacked it around. Plus it was completely exposed to the elements. Still, Izaak really didn’t want to try and move the dragon now, he’d just have to rely on the abilities of himself and the goblin to keep the dragon safe.

He gave the dragon’s dressings a visual once over. They both seemed to be holding, at least, though they would need changed eventually. He’d left the dragon laying on its side after he’d finished up his work, doing his best to make sure neither wound was touching the ground. He wasn’t sure if he should try to coax the dragon back to full consciousness, or try to get it to rest some more. The former might be preferable if only to make sure the dragon was lucid and didn’t try anything in its confusion that might open up its wounds again. It had spoken, right? He hadn’t been hearing things? Well, maybe he could get it to focus on that, for now.

“I’m Izaak, and that’s Vlad over there. Do you have a name?” He asked, “Do you remember where you are?”

Despite the insistence that he should not move... he didn't. Not for lack of trying, however. His limbs just felt so tired. The best he could for the moment was shift slightly so as to lay his eyes on the two individuals. Blinking focus back into his eyes, he recognized the goblin. From when he had gotten shot. How very nice of him. It was good he did not die as well. He had apparently helped in keeping Hinkiro alive.

Then there was that other one. The beast. Who was apparently the one to help as well. To patch him up. He could more clearly feel the bandages now. That must have been his work. If he had to guess, Hinkiro would have wagered he used up the rest of his whole lifes luck in being helped by these two.

After a few more deep ragged breaths, his mind began to feel a little less foggy. "Hinkiro... my name is Hinkiro." he said, swallowing to clear his voice a bit better. "...and I was in the forests of Ryken. Going east. To the mountains. " He answered. It seemed a simple enough question. "Thank you. Both of you... you very well might have saved me. I owe you, for what thats worth." he said, figuring it would only be right to grant them that much for their help.

With a stiffled groan, the dragon shifted on his side, to try and get himself into a better position to move when he felt he could. "Its not the humans... its the world itself. Stuck in the mud and anchored in place. I expect i will see much the same among monsters and beast and fae. There is something weighing it down."

A growl in his throat rumbled the ground gently, a small groan to clear his throat and work some moisture back into his mouth. "I can afford to eat anybody. I've already taken the blame for the destruction of one place. Me killing someone. Warranted or not, would just cement that claim. Besides... I had places to be."

Izaak
Ryken Forest. Interactions: Dr.Sturgeon Surgeon Dr.Sturgeon Surgeon D. Rex D. Rex

To be honest, the way Vlad talked to the dragon reminded Izaak of how one might speak to a child. Which, to be fair, was the dragon a child? It was entirely possible they might well be. They were pretty small for a dragon, after all. Or was this as big as dragons got in this world? This was the first time Izaak had ever seen one in the flesh. On the other hand, the goblin was encouraging the dragon to just eat the human next time, which was maybe going too far. The dragon had a right to protect itself, but taking things further than that was asking for a lot of trouble.

The dragon’s attempt to move brought the wolven back to reality. Without really thinking, Izaak held his paws out and stepped closer, about to attempt to try and hold the dragon in place. Thankfully it wasn’t necessary, and honestly he probably couldn’t have done so if the dragon had the strength to resist him even if he had. He let his paws fall back to his sides when the dragon turned its head to look at the wolven and goblin. Izaak hadn’t really paid the dragon’s face too much attention while he was caring for its wounds, and so this was the first time he noticed the older wound on the dragon’s face. Clearly, the creature had had a rough life, even before this encounter.

The dragon introduced itself as Hinkiro, and explained that it had been heading east, into the mountains. Why they were going that way, or what the expected to find up there, the dragon did not say. Instead, the creature launched into a small ideological rant about the state of the world, apparently having heard what Izaak said about wanting to change the world and agreeing. On the topic of killing its attacker, Hinkiro demurred, stating it had already taken the blame for the destruction of a place, implicitly blame that was not deserved, and stated that they had somewhere to be.

“Well, I certainly couldn’t leave you to bleed out!” Izaak said, putting his paws on his hips and giving the dragon his best reassuring smile. “Where were you headed, if you don’t mind me asking? Across the mountains into the empire, or...?”

1644725678907.png
Kaida pressed her finger against her bottom lip to hold up her jaw - stopping her own drool from leaking out. The thought of wild boar as her next meal was enticing - especially if they roasted it. She heard Regula ask about the taste to which Kaida only answered with "Good pig."

Though boar tastes a bit different than pork as it is much more 'gamey' tasting and a red meat - she didn't have much to compare it to. It wasn't quite as meaty as steak but it was definitely sweeter and juicer than pig. In conclusion, pork was the closest common village food she could think of.

Then, she listened to Nock describe the legends of dragons - making them out to be ferocious beasts. She leaned her head over into her palm as she was holding it while thinking hard. Were the dragons she knew to be like that? She couldn't imagine it. Her family was always so nice and a bit.. dumb - by dragon standards anyway. For people to say they are destroying towns was a bit curious to Kaida. She's never met a very aggressive dragon before. Only kind ones. Though they're all large in size, their personalities are as different as humans.

Though the other beasts Nock talked about were foreign to Kaida, she could imagine what they looked like based on the stories of the townspeople. She's never seen a giant. She heard tales of them being monstrously tall but she always noted that they were smaller than the dragons that were in her family. She honestly imagined them as green blobs because she couldn't think of a face.

Kaida put her head back up, now standing up straight as she looked out towards the townspeople. She wondered if she was going to see them again, or if after finding the dragon - she would stay with them instead. Kaida longed to be with her kind, and so the townspeople came second. But she was going to miss those who were kind to her. So before they began their journey - Kaida made a note to herself to make a gift for those she would never forget.

Kaida soon put her hands up as she was shrugging a bit. "Where to.. now?"

The dragon shifted, Vlad guessed so he could get a look at him and Izaak, reavealing a scared face. It seemed this wasn't there scaly friend's first rodeo. Vladimir listened as the Hinkiro introduced himself and thanked them for saving him. "Yeah what he said, couldn't just watch you die." He said with a shrug as he pulled out a black berry and popped it into his mouth. The dragon then went on to explain that he had simply been trying to avoid trouble, from what he told them it sounded like he was blamed for something he didn't do. The large creature then went on a small rant about how it wasn't just the humans but the world that seemed to be, as he put it weighed down. "Really? I'll have to take your word for it cause the only people I've actually had any contact with, other than humans trying to kill me, is the local goblins." Vladimir said with a sigh. 'So it sounds like this world really is as screwed as that 'God' guy said it was. I was kinda hoping he'd been exaggerating.' He thought to himself. Hinkiro apparently had somewhere to go through before Vladimir could ask where too, Izaak did. "Yeah I'm kinda curious too if you don't mind sharing?" He asked as he continued to snack on his berries.

Izaak
Ryken Forest. Interactions: Dr.Sturgeon Surgeon Dr.Sturgeon Surgeon D. Rex D. Rex

To be honest, the way Vlad talked to the dragon reminded Izaak of how one might speak to a child. Which, to be fair, was the dragon a child? It was entirely possible they might well be. They were pretty small for a dragon, after all. Or was this as big as dragons got in this world? This was the first time Izaak had ever seen one in the flesh. On the other hand, the goblin was encouraging the dragon to just eat the human next time, which was maybe going too far. The dragon had a right to protect itself, but taking things further than that was asking for a lot of trouble.

The dragon’s attempt to move brought the wolven back to reality. Without really thinking, Izaak held his paws out and stepped closer, about to attempt to try and hold the dragon in place. Thankfully it wasn’t necessary, and honestly he probably couldn’t have done so if the dragon had the strength to resist him even if he had. He let his paws fall back to his sides when the dragon turned its head to look at the wolven and goblin. Izaak hadn’t really paid the dragon’s face too much attention while he was caring for its wounds, and so this was the first time he noticed the older wound on the dragon’s face. Clearly, the creature had had a rough life, even before this encounter.

The dragon introduced itself as Hinkiro, and explained that it had been heading east, into the mountains. Why they were going that way, or what the expected to find up there, the dragon did not say. Instead, the creature launched into a small ideological rant about the state of the world, apparently having heard what Izaak said about wanting to change the world and agreeing. On the topic of killing its attacker, Hinkiro demurred, stating it had already taken the blame for the destruction of a place, implicitly blame that was not deserved, and stated that they had somewhere to be.

“Well, I certainly couldn’t leave you to bleed out!” Izaak said, putting his paws on his hips and giving the dragon his best reassuring smile. “Where were you headed, if you don’t mind me asking? Across the mountains into the empire, or...?”
The dragon shifted, Vlad guessed so he could get a look at him and Izaak, reavealing a scared face. It seemed this wasn't there scaly friend's first rodeo. Vladimir listened as the Hinkiro introduced himself and thanked them for saving him. "Yeah what he said, couldn't just watch you die." He said with a shrug as he pulled out a black berry and popped it into his mouth. The dragon then went on to explain that he had simply been trying to avoid trouble, from what he told them it sounded like he was blamed for something he didn't do. The large creature then went on a small rant about how it wasn't just the humans but the world that seemed to be, as he put it weighed down. "Really? I'll have to take your word for it cause the only people I've actually had any contact with, other than humans trying to kill me, is the local goblins." Vladimir said with a sigh. 'So it sounds like this world really is as screwed as that 'God' guy said it was. I was kinda hoping he'd been exaggerating.' He thought to himself. Hinkiro apparently had somewhere to go through before Vladimir could ask where too, Izaak did. "Yeah I'm kinda curious too if you don't mind sharing?" He asked as he continued to snack on his berries.

The black dragon looked at both of them in turn. First at Vlad, and then at Izaak. "At least its good to know that the entire world hasn't gone cold. There may be hope yet." He let out a sigh and let his body just lay there. Ceasing his attempts to get up for the time being. Maybe just a moment to catch his breath and let the feeling return to his legs. Just a moment, though.

He looked from them towards the mountains. Well. It wasn't like he was trying to keep it secret. So if they were curious, he had little reason to keep it from them. After all, if they had any malicious intent, they'd have already done something by now. "I'm not so brazen as to jump headlong into the Empire. Not yet, anyway." No. That would just be stupid. He couldn't even take on one hunter, and barely a handful of bandits. What could he do against an army right now? "The mountains themselves. I suppose you could say I was born there. In one way. But its just a gut feeling that it is where I need to go... cause clearly I'm not ready start here. It may not make much sense, but that is what I seek. A place where I can begin everything."

Finally, Hinkiro took a deep rattling breath and prepared himself mentally to move. Rolling onto his belly, he put one claw down, then another, and through force of will pushed himself up to stand his full height. Though despite feat of endurance... it hurt. He didn't want to move his neck, he could practically feel the hole in the base. But the the tightness of the bandage did help. The hole in his chest he could feel quite plainly whenever he moved his front left leg. And all the while the wound of his missing eye ached in the background. No time for pain. No time for injuries. He had places to be and he had to power through it.

"Do you wish to come with me? I have been alone for a long time. It would nice to travel with those who also want to make a difference. Unless you have other places you need to be. If so, then I would hope we can meet again that I can repay you for helping me as you have."

1644725678907.png
Kaida pressed her finger against her bottom lip to hold up her jaw - stopping her own drool from leaking out. The thought of wild boar as her next meal was enticing - especially if they roasted it. She heard Regula ask about the taste to which Kaida only answered with "Good pig."

Though boar tastes a bit different than pork as it is much more 'gamey' tasting and a red meat - she didn't have much to compare it to. It wasn't quite as meaty as steak but it was definitely sweeter and juicer than pig. In conclusion, pork was the closest common village food she could think of.

Then, she listened to Nock describe the legends of dragons - making them out to be ferocious beasts. She leaned her head over into her palm as she was holding it while thinking hard. Were the dragons she knew to be like that? She couldn't imagine it. Her family was always so nice and a bit.. dumb - by dragon standards anyway. For people to say they are destroying towns was a bit curious to Kaida. She's never met a very aggressive dragon before. Only kind ones. Though they're all large in size, their personalities are as different as humans.

Though the other beasts Nock talked about were foreign to Kaida, she could imagine what they looked like based on the stories of the townspeople. She's never seen a giant. She heard tales of them being monstrously tall but she always noted that they were smaller than the dragons that were in her family. She honestly imagined them as green blobs because she couldn't think of a face.

Kaida put her head back up, now standing up straight as she looked out towards the townspeople. She wondered if she was going to see them again, or if after finding the dragon - she would stay with them instead. Kaida longed to be with her kind, and so the townspeople came second. But she was going to miss those who were kind to her. So before they began their journey - Kaida made a note to herself to make a gift for those she would never forget.

Kaida soon put her hands up as she was shrugging a bit. "Where to.. now?"
Regula

Regula patiently waited for Kaida to try counting the time she'd been in the city, only to hear 'long time' as the answer. The attempt was adorable enough for Regula to find herself reaching out to pet Kaida's head before even being consciously aware of doing so. Were Kaida to let it happen, Regula would give the girl a gentle ruffle through the hair. “Well done.”

As for mister Nock...

Truth be told, Regula didn't quite understand some of the things Nock was saying. It wasn't just the clockmaker part that puzzled her, but the entire mechanical thing about firing with the force of three arrows altogether. “I'd love to meet the them, but it sounds more like place to test boyer or fletcher skills, which I can't claim to have. Still, I admit you've only gotten me more curious as to who made this. Someone that calls themselves a clockmaker and comes out making such a crossbow must be a master crafter in general.”

She took note of the creatures he mentioned. Goblins, wolves, bears, dire beasts... They sure didn't have a day of rest here. She did laugh at one mention. “The army will be jealous of the farm boys you've got here.” Taking out a bear or wolf with a bow wasn't an easy feat. For an average farm boy to do so didn't seem all that plausible to Regula.

Still, the story about dire boars intrigued her even more. “Those dire boars sound like worthy prey. I wonder how well they'd hold up against a well-aimed shot.” She had to stop herself from wanting to go test it out right then and there. Oddly enough, she also couldn't help wondering about something else. “I wonder what dire boar tastes like.”

The mention of Orichalcum didn't go unnoticed either. One day, when she owned this country, she'd have all the rare metals she'd want. For now, the best she could do was use her blacksmith connections to get it at a discount. “Some enchanted mythril might do wonders as well, if you span wires of it through-out the forest and get those dire boars to run into them. It'd probably kills anything else that'd run into them as well though.”

“Giants?”
Regula had mostly gone over the entire gnoll part without much care. Giants, however, were of more interest to her. “Those sound terrifying. How intelligent are they? Are they comparable to gnolls?” In her mind, she was already imagining herself taming some giants for her future army.

As Nock mentioned dragons, Regula couldn't help gloss over at Kaida. Was something that cute meant to be half of what Nock described? She couldn't imagine Kaida destroying things, other than perhaps due to being clumsy. To that extend, she had to agree with Nock. “I'm starting to believe parts of those legends were made up at least...” She was starting to doubt that all dragons were ferocious by nature, at the very least. “Well, we'll find out more once we find our dragon.”

Mr. Nock did seem to enjoy talking with Regula, and he had talked back and forth with her while they traveled. "The Clockmaker makes... some unique things. With springs and moving parts. Metal and magic. I wouldn't be surprised if they'd understand your particular weapon in a heartbeat. Its odd an odd looking weapon, one I haven't seen before. But if you are carrying it, I trust that it is very effective at what it does."

When talking about the farm boys, Mr. Nock gave a wry chuckle, "Aye, that they might. Part of that might be because we often see soldiers retire here to raise families. Peaceful life, while still doing a part in protecting the country. But more than that, you got to be good with a bow out here, with the sort of threats around we deal with. We basically put a bow in their hands as soon as they are weened. " He explained.

"Normally with animals like that, I'd say go for the eyes. But there skulls are thick. Short of a perfect shot, with something that goes in deep, your best bet would be going in from the side. They have thick hide, but a good few shots between the ribs. If you don't hit the heart or lungs, it will at least bleed out." He told her, in case Regula really did want to try hunting one. "Prime hunting if you really want to test yourself there. Only a handful around these parts can brag about killing one alone."

He looked at Kaida and smiled, looking back to Regula. "But they are a fine meal. We can feast for days on single one and then eat the leftover stew until never want to see a pig again."

"Yes... you could web a forest with that. Though that much killing in that wide of an area could make some enticing bait for things we don't ever want to see in these parts. Thats a hunter mindset you have there. It would serve you well. Though I wouldn't doubt that you have the makings of a fine Ranger in you one day. Take hunting to an entirely new level." He complimented then let the topic drop.

"Giants..." he paused to consider his words, "...that really depends on the clan they are from. Hill Giants are, as you would say, comparable to gnolls. A dumb gnoll, anyway. They just wonder up and down the hills. Shuttling their animals to graze. They learned well enough not to bother heading toward Ryken. Just keep your distance, and it works out. Its the Mountain Giants that we worry most about. Larger of the kinds of giants. They are a mean and stubborn bunch. They aren't all that smart. But smart enough to learn from a mistake after a few times. Don't know much about them, though. They aren't really too keen on talking to humans or fae."

"As for the dragon? Well, legends are legends. Who can say? I can say though, the Hill towns have seen perhaps two dragons in the past fifty years. And neither encounter was very kindly to us. There be creatures of all sorts out there. I've seen a fair few ones that cut against the grain, but not so many that I would risk throwing what little is known about them, right or wrong, out the window. A little caution saves lives. So you be careful out there. Both of you." He finished, stopping at the main road.

He pointed to the south, "Thats the way you'll be heading. Good luck. I'll see you in a few days. If I get done early, I'll swing back and help you with your area." Mr. Nock tipped his hat to Regula and Kaida, and took off to the north of the road.

Regula

Regula noted down two things about dire boars; namely that they were worthy prey and tasted great. “We should definitely see if we've got some time to hunt one later.” She wondered if she and Kaida could take one of them down together, but with the pointers from Nock taken into account, she felt like they'd have a decent enough shot at it.

Regula laughed at Nock's compliment regarding her weapon. “It does what it does well enough, that much is true. I doubt that Clockmaker would figure it out without knowing the magic needed to make it work though, as it's pretty much just a lump of metal without using the right type of magic.”

She just nodded with regards to the other topics, having little to add to them. That changed when they were talking about dragons again. “Don't worry, I'm not planning to get myself killed out there and I'll try to keep an eye on this girl as well.” She nodded in Kaida's direction. “Well then, may fortune favour you, mister Nock.” She said her goodbye, then turning towards the direction they'd set out for.

After pondering over some things, she recalled what she'd been able to appraise about Kaida, namely her heightened sense of smell and survival skill. “I know what direction we're supposed to go, but I'm fairly sure you've got me beat when it comes to picking up on enemies, so how about I navigate so we're sure to keep going south while you're on the look-out for any of the hostile creatures mister Nock mentioned?”

Izaak

Compared to Hinkiro, Vlad came across as far more misanthropic. Well, Izaak certainly couldn’t blame the goblin, things were bad enough for the beastfolk and the fae in human dominated countries like Ryke. The so-called monsters had it ten times worse, the whole world over. Sure, many of them might live up to the stereotypes associated with them, but some of them were just as sapient as humans, beastfolk, or fae, and honestly how else were those monsters supposed to make a living when they were marked for death simply because of the species they were. Things like goblins had much more in common with a human than they did with something like a basilisk, and yet both were considered ‘monsters.’ It all seemed ridiculous to him.

To be honest, the dragon did sound kind of loopy. Izaak really hoped the poor thing hadn’t lost too much blood before he had arrived on the scene. On the other hand, some of the specific points he was hitting on reminded Izaak of a conversation only relatively recently remembered, between the end of his previous life and the beginning of this one, with a being that called itself God. But, he kept that to himself for now, the wolven didn’t want to be the one the others thought was nuts. Before he could think of what to reply, Hinkiro was forcing himself to his feet again.

“Hey, wait, you’re not ready to get up yet!” Izaak protested, reaching out again to try and place his paws on the dragon’s shoulder. But get up the dragon did, and Izaak took a few steps back without really thinking, subconsciously worried the dragon might topple, and not wanting to risk being trapped underneath him. But, the dragon seemed stable enough once he’d gotten all four paws on the ground, and seemed very much intent to return to the mountains of his birth, a place where they could start… Something. Again, Izaak wasn’t ruling out that the dragon might be a little loopy from blood loss.

“Well, I certainly can’t leave you alone injured as you are,” the wolven said, “those bandages will need changed regularly, and god forbid an infection set in.”

Accredited doctor Izaak might not be, he didn’t want to deny the dragon his help, however much or little it might be. And, he had to admit, his curiosity was getting the better of him. Hinkiro clearly had something in mind he wanted to do, and Izaak was interested in seeing just what that might be.

Izaak

Compared to Hinkiro, Vlad came across as far more misanthropic. Well, Izaak certainly couldn’t blame the goblin, things were bad enough for the beastfolk and the fae in human dominated countries like Ryke. The so-called monsters had it ten times worse, the whole world over. Sure, many of them might live up to the stereotypes associated with them, but some of them were just as sapient as humans, beastfolk, or fae, and honestly how else were those monsters supposed to make a living when they were marked for death simply because of the species they were. Things like goblins had much more in common with a human than they did with something like a basilisk, and yet both were considered ‘monsters.’ It all seemed ridiculous to him.

To be honest, the dragon did sound kind of loopy. Izaak really hoped the poor thing hadn’t lost too much blood before he had arrived on the scene. On the other hand, some of the specific points he was hitting on reminded Izaak of a conversation only relatively recently remembered, between the end of his previous life and the beginning of this one, with a being that called itself God. But, he kept that to himself for now, the wolven didn’t want to be the one the others thought was nuts. Before he could think of what to reply, Hinkiro was forcing himself to his feet again.

“Hey, wait, you’re not ready to get up yet!” Izaak protested, reaching out again to try and place his paws on the dragon’s shoulder. But get up the dragon did, and Izaak took a few steps back without really thinking, subconsciously worried the dragon might topple, and not wanting to risk being trapped underneath him. But, the dragon seemed stable enough once he’d gotten all four paws on the ground, and seemed very much intent to return to the mountains of his birth, a place where they could start… Something. Again, Izaak wasn’t ruling out that the dragon might be a little loopy from blood loss.

“Well, I certainly can’t leave you alone injured as you are,” the wolven said, “those bandages will need changed regularly, and god forbid an infection set in.”

Accredited doctor Izaak might not be, he didn’t want to deny the dragon his help, however much or little it might be. And, he had to admit, his curiosity was getting the better of him. Hinkiro clearly had something in mind he wanted to do, and Izaak was interested in seeing just what that might be.

"Then I will travel in good company, and be in good hands. I do not mean to make your job harder... but these woods are becoming less safe by the day. Waiting around to heal properly may very end up worse off for my health." He said, taking a few more moments to gather himself before actually moving in any direction.

Hinkiro turn his head, looking to the east. He could feel the pain of the wound, and the sudden dizziness that overtook him made him wished he had not stood up in the first place. But the dragon was determined. And while he could not see the mountain range through the forest trees, he knew they were there. He could practically feel them calling to him. "Let's be off then... we have a long road ahead."

Hinkiro then took an unsteady first step. Then another. And then another. He would not make as good of time as he would have, but he had to keep moving. He had to. Someone had to, to keep moving for the sake of this world. And he wasn't about to let wounds keep him from his goal. But with the presence of Izaak and Vlad, he woul be leaving this forest with a renewed hope that his goal was more than possible.

Now was the time for the journey. Across the Glattzdan Hills and to the Paizu Mountains.

Here be Dragons Part 1, concluded.

Last edited:
Isekai Hell RP Grade
This particular rp seemed fine enough, but I feel it went off the rails somewhere. It felt like I was reading 2 or 3 rp's rather than just one. The overall goal of the rp wasn't apparent either. I'm also a bit curious if permission from the narrator was given to allow allow players to control their own companions. Kinda looked like some people may have dropped out of the rp a bit early or perhaps the rp took longer than expected to end. Either way, i'd recommend part 2 tighten some of these elements up but perhaps this is just how it is when you have such varied goals and characters in play. The rp has a fitting title considering that was probably the only thread tying all of it together.

Aftermath
You guys will be sorting out some of what is to happen. The village would stay alert for some time after the characters moved on, not wishing to be another Lanost.

Rewards
Hinkiro
- 64 points (narrating bonus present) - optional title acquired [Gusher] - character has a unique constitution that allows them to lose an excessive amount blood and fluids and still survive, if barely.

Kaida - 24 points - optional title acquired [Simple] - Character is frequently underestimated with low expectations placed upon them. Has an easier time impressing others on the occasion they manage to say or do something exceptional.

Vlad - 25 points - optional title acquired [Soft Hearted] - Despite character's race and circumstances, they are still able to find and quick to display compassion and sympathy to those in need, even at risk to self.

Regula - 34 points - optional title acquired [Prideful] - Character has shown an awareness of self that would put them above other people and circumstances for better or for worse. Pride cometh before a fall, but it is only the prideful that strive for more, believing themselves worthy and capable. If their belief in self is true, who better to achieve the most?

Gamatsu - 11 points - Item acquired [Black Dragon Scale] - sold to the right parties, it is a valuable component good for any number of craftable items. worn as an accessory, it grants the following title [Black Dragon Killer] - Character seemingly has proof of slaying a black dragon. More likely to have strength acknowledged by others or jobs involving defeating strong monsters offered.

Juliet - 7 points - optional title acquired [Gofer] - Character undertakes menial tasks on behalf of their betters. They are particularly good at them generally and have an easy time receiving such requests. However, such tasks will make it hard for them to advance in society or garner greater respect.

Izaak - 40 points - optional title acquired [Victim Complex] - Character has experienced a couple cases of adversity and believes a greater, more systemic problem is afoot. Will have an easier time associating past and future setbacks to a system, people, culture, etc and will have an increasingly easier time convincing others of the existence of this oppression as well.

Noah - 17 points - optional title acquired [Harassed] - Character has or is actively being stalked and/or forced to experience mental trauma against their will. Is more resilient to these types of attacks on a person and their mental health. Is more susceptible to losing cool if other circumstances were to go awry on top of everything else.

D. Rex D. Rex Howl Howl Dr.Sturgeon Surgeon Dr.Sturgeon Surgeon Elvario Elvario _Yang _Yang Eccentric_Undead Eccentric_Undead Weazel Weazel EMIYAman EMIYAman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back