• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Frontier] Gobbos Are Back on the Menu!

Zolgen
1196110200.png
Mentions: Gra Uasal Uasal Nissa saxon saxon

Zolgen listened once more at attention to what Nissa had to say. The plan seemed logical enough. He had no qualms with killing every goblin there if they had too. It sounded like the vanguard would provide some much needed support. "I'll gladly lead the way with you to victory my lord." Zolgen replied confidently once he heard what his role would be. He would kill those those shamen as quickly as he had dispatched the first one, and he had no qualms about it. Hopefully the wooden barricade would give out if he struck it enough with whatever they had there.

When Nissa asked if anyone had any questions Zolgen shook his head. "No, I understand my lord, I'm sure that everyone will play their roles well." He had faith that Gra was going to be a useful support asset once more.

"We should assume that the Shamen have access to at least rudimentary attack or defense spells potentially or buffing, hard to say but based on what we saw earlier I can only assume they can cast the mental reinforcement spell that they were earlier..either way, I'll try to take them out as quickly as possible so it doesn't become a problem." Zolgen stated.

"You have a very high chance of being correct my lord, I imagine we will only run into more difficult enemies after we clear that barricade and we should be ready for it, I'll try to keep that in mind when we clear this area, who knows how much harder their chief can strike back." He reasoned, once again showing the side of him from his past life that he wasn't just some strong brute, he could think too.

Zolgen realized he was so tall that he could more than likely scale the barricade with his advanced height and strength, which could be potentially useful to bringing it down.

If anyone else had questions Zolgen waited patiently for the discourse, ready to speak if need be on anything he heard, before he would assume the position to get eady to move with Nissa and the vanguard at the front forward towards the barricade. More than ready to get killing, but he was not going to rush in until he received that word that Nissa wanted them to get moving, since she had not given the go.

Grá Toirmiscthe
1675699765383.png

Gra's attention was focused primarily on those vampires that had joined them, eyes assessing each one from head to toe. The vampires seemed to be tough enough, at least when compared to the goblins. Although they seemed to lack anything spectacular, Gra was of the opinion that together they could prove to be quite the force. Noting specifically how quick and in sync, their actions were against that Goblin she had previously feared. Given Nissa wanted them to remain alive save for when absolutely necessary, Gra decided it best to refrain from thinking any further on the subject of possibly torturing one. It was true she was very curious to see how a vampire's thrall would hold up against an intense interrogation but she was also loyal to her Lord. Besides, it was only a matter of time before they ran into another vampire. Patience was a virtue after all and Gra was a very patient woman.

At the mention of the barricade and the plan going forward Gra, listened with her arms folded. Her interest in the current mission was wavering, even more so than when they had started. The sudden appearance of Shamen had made this whole ordeal much less fun for the woman. And fun was already something sieging goblins lacked. Tedious, this mission was becoming tedious. Couldn't they have just raided the nearby village, pinned it on the goblins and let the humans do the rest of the work? What a drag. Alas, this was what Nissa wanted and Gra had promised to help. "The shamans don't seem to have noticed us yet, they likely haven't fortified their allies either as a result. If you don't mind, I may be able to provide us with quite a distraction. Sowing pandemonium within their camp before we launch our attack. With luck, I'll have dealt with one of the shamans too" Of course, if I fail, they'll know we're coming. The decision is yours m' Lord"

saxon saxon TheTimePiece TheTimePiece

Last edited:
Nissa
nissa.png

Nissa tilted her head from right to left as Zolgen spoke his theory. "Right that would be a safe assumption to make. We already know that they buff their allies, but I would be very surprised if that is all they could do. So it would be best to go ahead assuming that they can make some kind of basic attack with magic. Though I doubt they would have anything really advanced at this point. As I said though, their strength isn't in power its in numbers," Nissa stated as she folded her arms across her chest and pondered for a moment.

"Though if they are putting something up like this I doubt the chieftain is much further ahead after all the drum beating is getting louder the closer we are getting to the platform. But caution should be on our minds when we start this assault," Nissa concluded as she dropped her hands to her side one hand resting on the hilt of her sword.
Vampire Honorguard.png

Turning to Gra Nissa nodded, "If you want to sow some chaos I won't stop you just try not to make yourself too much of a target. I doubt they have anything that could reach very far but you never know, so we will wait for your signal to being the assault then Gra." Nissa decided as she motioned for the devil to begin her plan.

"When Gra gives the signal, the honor guard will be the vanguard and engage the goblins in the front, Zolgen go for the shamans and then the barricade, and I will assist the honor guard with the other goblins," Nissa stated drawing her blade and waiting.

Notes:
Nissa: Heavy Armor E => F
Zolgen: N/A
Gra: N/A
mentions: Uasal Uasal TheTimePiece TheTimePiece

Grá Toirmiscthe
1675887514673.png

Moving to stand next to Zolgen, Gra did her best to gaze over the barricade. Her heels and tall frame assisted greatly in achieving her goal. With her eyes fixated on the group of goblins congregating beyond the crude wall, Gra began her own assault. Targeting the weakest five assembled Gra would move to twist their perception. Invading their senses the devil would make it so that one of the shamen appeared, to those goblins targeted, as a beautiful and young human woman. And what goblin could possibly resist such a sight? Dressed in mage clothing and holding the shaman's staff, the lone 'mage' would surely be set upon by those barbaric foot soldiers either as prey or in order to eliminate the threat of a sudden mage appearance.

With her spell in effect, all that was left to do now was wait and see what happened. Once the goblins had begun their attack on the shaman, Gra would signal her companions to stroke fast. Should her spell fail or the shaman counter, Gra would also signal for the others to move in. Her work here was done, until those shamans were eliminated there wasn't much else she could do.

Zolgen
1196110200.png
Mentions: Nissa saxon saxon Gra Uasal Uasal

Zolgen was impressed with what he could see if he could from what Gra did. Upon seeing Gra's signal immediately jumped into Nissa's plan. He moved forward quickly after the distraction had gone off, and whether or not Gra's illusion had fooled them it would provide a distraction irrespective to give him an opening to attack the shamen. Running towards them he readied his blades , moving as far as he needed to up to 60 ft with Fast F. "Moving in on the Shamen." He quickly told Nissa and company.

Before he sprung into action moving his body in the radial motion once more as the traveling slash went around him focusing the actual blades on the closest shamen hoping to hit anyone else in the residual area who was problematic. He made sure to go ahead as he did this as he didn't want to friendly fire on anyone should they all come too quickly, as he used Demonic Twin Sweep.
He then followed up on the nearest Shamen if necessary using Demonic Twin Strike bringing one blade down and if it connected following up with the other one.

Actions:
1. Move quickly towards Shamen after Gra gives signal up to 60 ft with Fast F.
2. Use Demonic Twin Sweep on Shamen.
3. Follow up with Demonic Twin Strike if shamen in range/applicable.

Demonic Twin Sweep - Fighting Style Fiendish Twin Blade E, Linked F, Area F
Zolgen attempts to strike his target with one sword before quickly following up with the other slashing in a 5 ft radius around him. Grade E- 1 Post Cooldown

Demonic Twin Strike - Fighting Style Fiendish Twin Blade F, Linked F
Zolgen attempts to strike a single target with one sword before quickly following up with the other.

Nissa
nissa.png

Gra wormed her way into the minds of the weakest goblins around the furthest shaman. While she would notice there was a slight resistance probably a passive from the shaman. Though it would feel like blowing over a house made of match sticks. A slight clog and then a rush as the ability took hold. The five goblins around the shamen instantly lunged and struck at the shaman who was unsuspecting of an attack from its own comrades.

The shaman would have no time to react as its comrades plunge their weapons into the shaman. There was a cry of pain suddenly then silence. When the shaman was dead the goblins snapped out of their trance and saw the dead shaman on the ground as they looked very confused about what had happened. The other goblins who had been unaffected turned to face the five that attacked their ally.

Vampire Honorguard.png

With the signal given the Vampire Honor Guard rushed forward towards the goblins who were now infighting amongst each other. The bloody scene as the sound of heavy footsteps alerted the goblins who turned around and three of the others were cut down by their allies. Out of the original 12 goblins, 1 shaman remained, and 6 warriors.

As the Honor Guard engaged the warrior goblins they used their draining strike striking the goblins who then returned the favor with a counterattack. Zolgen had little resistance to reaching the last remaining shaman as he brought his sword down and cleaved the shaman into two halves this time killing the goblin in one swing.

His other strike struck one of the warriors who was then knocked off its feet from the force of the swing which caused the goblin's weapon to break in the process. By this time Nissa had joined the fray. Engaging a goblin one of the honor guards was fighting she quickly used a Draining strike this time killing the goblin that the honor guard failed to kill on their first strike.

• Draining Strike - Fighting Style Nightblade F, Drain F (Strength) - Nissa delivers a strike that saps the target's strength by 1 grade for a single post. - Grade F - 0 Post Cooldown
  • Draining Strike - Fighting Style Nightblade F, Drain F (Vitality) - The user delivers a strike that saps the target's vitality by 1 grade for a single post. Target must be within melee range - Grade F - 0 Post Cooldown
Actions:
Nissa:
1. Moved to attack Goblin
2. Used Draining Strike
3. N/A
Honor Guard:
1. Honor Guard Moved to attack Goblins
2. Used Draining Strike
3. Nothing
Notes: Combat has started once again list your actions and remember 3 actions per post.
Nissa: Heavy Armor E => F
Honor Guard: F Grade Armor Broken

Zolgen

1196110200-1.png

It seemed that the plan was going off without a hitch for the time being. Gra's strategy had been more effective than Zolgen could have hoped for, not only that he managed to strike down the other Shamen who now lay dead cut into pieces, and his blade had knocked another goblin down while the guards thought with the other goblins, and Nissa joined in to support her followers. Zolgen knew what the next part of the plan was but first he thought he should take care of the Goblin who he had knocked over, so he turned towards them and used Demonic Twin Strike bringing his first demonic cleaver sword blade down in order to attempt to sever it's head from it's neck now that it;s weapon was broken, before bringing his other blade down if it connected due to linked.

The skull headed demon then turned his attention to the barrier which he was intent on destroying. He opted to try try to break it down with his might. He backed away from it to build up momentum and got himself into a position to brace himself shoulder first before the tall demon ran at the barrier with as much force as he could muster attempting to smash through it much like he had kicked down the door, only this time he was using even greater force.

Actions:

1. Demonic Twin Strike
- Fighting Style Fiendish Twin Blade F, Linked on the fallen goblin.
2. back up away from barrier to get a running start.
3. Attempt to smash way through wooden barrier by charging into it with shoulder braced.

Grá Toirmiscthe

1675887514673.png

Gra remained in the backline, simply observing the chaos and destruction that unfolded. Her initial distraction was quite effective, even if she had received some pushback. Moving across the remains of the battlefield, Gra was careful to watch where she stood, doing her best to avoid any large puddles of goblin innards and blood. Whatever was on the other side of the barrier, was well locked up and protected. Either the group were about to stumble upon the main cavern and a large force of goblins or they were about to face off against the Goblin pack leader. Either way it spelt trouble were they not prepared.

Leaving the remaining goblins to the Vampire Guard, Gra stepped up behind Zolgen and as he charged toward the Barricade Gra would loudly announce their arrival. Her heels clacked off the hard stone as she followed along, her voice sultry in tone yet anything but in context and volume "Bring out your Leader. Bow down before your future Demon Lord. She has decided to grace you all with her presence. You lucky few who comply shall be spared! Those of you who dare to test my patience shall meet a terrible demise!". Waiting for the dust to settle a little Gra was still unsure of whether she was speaking aloud for no reason and making a fool of herself or if her words had met her intended audience. Regardless she pressed on, laying a hand on Zolgens back ever so gently before speaking in the old monster dialect "A challenger Approaches. Ready yourself pretender Goblin King". In all honesty, Gra didn't expect to be understood even if the leader was behind the debris, after all what kind of goblin could speak the ancient tongue? But Challenger was practically the same word spoken more sternly and so she at least expected them to understand that much at least.

No actions were taken.

TheTimePiece TheTimePiece saxon saxon

Nissa
nissa.png

The Fighting continued on for a few more moments as the remaining goblins were swiftly cut down as Nissa engaged with her draining strike once again. Though one of the honor guards had died in the fight and another was injured. Nissa looked over at the group and let out a sigh. Well I suppose that they are merely fledglings not really meant to last very long at least not the weak ones. Nissa thought to herself as she glanced over as Zolgen started to take a few steps back before rushing forward to break down the barrier.
Vampire Honorguard.png

As Zolgen made contact with the barrier he smashed through it will little resistance, upon close inspection he would notice the wood was rather moldy and brittle. A goblin would probably have difficulty breaking to down however anything larger or stronger wouldn't have a hard time. As he smashed through the barricade his momentum carried him to smack himself headfirst into a wall as the path had narrowed quite a bit behind the barricade.

Nissa approached her two generals as Gra called out issuing a command to any goblin that could hear it. Nissa smirked a she placed a hand on the devils shoulder having to reach up a little bit to reach her shoulder. Nissa continued on down the path. "Well if they are not going to rush us I suppose we should meet them first," Nissa smirked as the honor guard followed after her.

As the tunnel narrowed for a little bit the decorations of skulls only became more common signaling they were approaching someplace important. The beating of the drums was also much louder to the point you could feel the vibrations through their bodies.

As the group reach a bend it opened up into a large room with a throne sitting at the far end of the room. As the group approached the Goblin chieftain was now in full view sitting on the throne. The other goblins of the tribe were cheering as they knew what was about to happen.

"Goblin Chieftain I Nissa, self-proclaimed Demon Lord issue a challenge to you and your tribe. A challenge to a duel and the winner takes all, in my stead will be my general Zolgen. If you decline then I'm sure your leadership will be called into question," Nissa spoke as she was purposely trying to agitate the goblin chieftain. On top of that she figured Zolgen would enjoy a good challenge as this was undoubtedly the strongest goblin here in this cave system. Though from the looks of it it seemed to go on further and deeper than it looked. Which made her wonder what else could be lurking in these depths.

The goblin chief snorted as it stood up from the throne grasping a metal club. The chief was wearing chain mail armor which was no doubt stripped off a human or some other adventurer. Though from the look of things the goblin chief was going to accept the challenge. To which Nissa motioned for Zolgen to begin when he was ready. In her mind Zolgen taking on the goblins would be a great asset to the start of his own forces. Gra didn't seem to thrilled about them so Nissa figured she would need to seek out something more attuned to her wants. Though that question could wait until after the duel has been completed.

• Draining Strike - Fighting Style Nightblade F, Drain F (Strength) - Nissa delivers a strike that saps the target's strength by 1 grade for a single post. - Grade F - 0 Post Cooldown
Notes: Combat has ended.
Nissa: Heavy Armor F

Zolgen
1196110200-1.png
It seemed that once more Gra would attempt to make contact with the goblin leader. This pleased Zolgen as it meant there was the chance that he'd have an opportunity to fight whoever this was. He was sure the leader would be more adapt than the goblins had been so far, to be fair for an average group the goblins would have been much more formidable but they weren't just a group of low level adventurers that much was clear to Zolgen.

What the demon was not expecting was when he went flying through with very little resistance, due to how old the barrier was and he hit his head against a stone wall. Thankfully his demonic skull noggin was tough enough and remained undamaged, but it didn't stop him from shaking his head back and forth some after to readjust, since it had hurt mildly. Once he readjusted he saw the others heading through the now sufficiently damaged barrier.

Zolgen nodded, and stayed in the lead with Nissa like before as they moved forward. He noticed that not all who had come had made it through, which was to be expected he supposed. In all honesty it didn't bother him too much to cull out the weak from Nissa's ranks, if they couldn't keep up their use was rather limited anyway.

Zolgen noticed the increase in skull decor which only excited him further, that meant they were getting closer, since it was reasonable a goblin chief would want more effigies to showcase his toughness to keep the horde in line, knowing full well it was a despotic ruling system where only the strongest could thrive, exactly the kind of setting Zolgen enjoyed. Zolgen kept his swords out as they came to a stop and he heard Nissa say exactly what he wanted her to say.

"It would be my honor my lord." He spoke in monster back as he saw her gesture to him and the goblin readied itself. Immediately Zolgen knew that he'd need to watch out for that club since getting hit with it would definitely hurt. Thankfully Zolgen was pretty convinced he had the speed advantage here compared to the goblin who was carrying what he could only assume was a heavy club and wearing from what he could tell fairly standard armor.

Instead of tipping the goblin off, he thought that he'd try to throw it off so that his hits would connect, Zolgen rushed forwards towards the Goblin "I'll make this quick for you!" he exclaimed aggressively before he attempted to feint, with Demonic Cleaver Sword #1 from the upper right side diagonally down on the goblin, intentionally just stopping to try to get the goblin to instinctually do an upward block with the metal club. If his feint was successful and the Goblin tried to hold it's club up to block the strike from above , Zolgen followed up with his other sword Demonic Cleaver Sword #2 toward the Goblin's chest, moving his feinted blade back initiating Demonic Twin Sweep E on the Goblin's now exposed chest if he was quick enough, creating his 5 ft radial slash, his other blade aiming for the other side of the chest akin to a set of scissors.

Actions:
1. Charge towards Goblin Chief as quick as possible until in range.
2. Attempt to feint Goblin Chief into premature upward block.
3. If feint successful follow up with Demonic Twin Sweep E attacking either side of Goblin Chief's chest under arms.

Nissa
nissa.png

Despite how the chieftain looked and how the goblins before him had acted this one possessed a higher form of intelligence. The goblin saw the feint coming as Zolgen brought his first cleaver down for the feint the creature jumped back five feet. As the creature then surged forward using fast X to move back into range. The goblins in around the edges started to cheer a few of them even threw some rotten food and random things into the area where the duel was going on.

The goblin then brought its club around bringing it up diagonally up and left as it made contact with Zolgen knocking the large demon off his feet and sending him back 5 feet. To which the goblins started to shriek and cheer as they saw their chieftain knock the large man off his feet no doubt boosting their morale in the situation.

Vampire Honorguard.png
Nissa continued to watch the duel looking around at the other goblins. She noted there was a good amount here but she was curious to explore deeper into the cave system. Though if they wanted to do this they were going to need to conquer these goblins to push deeper in, though she did find the place interesting to say the least.

• Gobbo Kata [Club] Superstrength X, Knockback X, Fast X - The goblin swings its club with enough force to knock and opponent off its feet.
Actions:
1. Jumped back 5 ft
2. Used fast X to move back in 5ft.
3. Used Gobbo Kata
Notes: Combat has started 3 a per post for people in the duel

Zolgen
1196110200-1.png
Zolgen had been underestimating the Goblin leader's intelligence apparently, since he had been convinced that his feint was going to work, apparently that wasn't good enough for a foe like this and he was about to find out why really quickly. This goblin was faster than he had been expecting ast he goblin dodged the follow up attack after the attempted feint before jumping back out of range and rushing forward despite Zolgen assuming that he wouldn't be that fast carrying such a club. It seemed like that the Goblin Chief had earned whatever kill he had gotten fair and square presumably showing skill like that.

Before the skull headed demon could react properly he found the club connecting with his torso body which was exactly what he didn't want to have happen as he found himself landing on the ground hard letting out a demonic sound of pained disapproval. That had actually managed to hurt. It had been quite some time Zolgen had felt pain like that. Perhaps this Goblin Chief was more worthy of fighting him than he had originally thought. He knew that he'd need to do something completely unexpected.

Zolgen righted himself and intentionally without giving an obivous signal if he could help it rushed forwards towards the Chief to close the gap. This time Zolgen took his second Demonic cleaver sword and made it out like he was making a wide swing from the lower left moving upwards, knowing that the chief had not yet seen his claws since they were retracted, assuming that the Chief went for a downward block, Zolgen instead pivoting and rotating his waist forward giving it some omph, and attempted to impale the Chief just above his armor plate near the neck with his right retractable claw in a punch as they jutted out close to hitting the target, the goblins cheering at his injury only making him more aggressive in his actions.

1. Zolgen attempts to close gap after recovering.
2. Zolgen commits to a basic strike with his demonic cleaver under the assumption that the Chief will block it.
3. Zolgen follows up with a right full strength waist rotation basic punch using retractable claws attempting to pierce the Goblin Chief's flesh just above his chest plate as a nasty surprise.

Grá Toirmiscthe
1676850361912.png

Gra took her place by Nissa's side while Zolgen and the Goblin Leader began their duel. Truth be told she wasn't expecting all that much from the Chief and so was pleasantly surprised to find him able to see through Zolgen's feint. With a smile the woman watched on as the goblins in the audience began to cheer wildly, clearly loving the fact their chief had landed the first solid blow of the death match. Indeed she too would have cheered were she in their shoes, after all, it wasn't every day a goblin landed a solid blow on a demon. With a soft chuckle, Gra looked to the cheering assortment of goblins and then to her Lord.

"Nissa, you seem to have lost a few of your fledglings in that last fight. Am I to assume you'll be needing to resupply in the nearby town? If so, might I ask to be left in charge of assisting you in such a matter? I think it would be quite beneficial to plant some of your underlings as townsfolk. Even better then if they're already townsfolk, to begin with.". Returning her glance to the goblins Gra made an attempt to read their thoughts, out of sheer curiosity using her 'Domain'. "Of course 'tis just a suggestion. Feel free to do as you will.".

With her focus shifting back to Zolgen as he began his own assault Gra moved her hands to her mouth and cupped them neatly so as to magnify her voice "Go Zolgen! Show that Goblin Chief what you're made of! Gut him like a fish and take his head as a trophy!". Laughing softly to herself, she smiled at Nissa "oh my, that was quite fun. I do hope I did it right... You should try M'lord"

no combat actions

Nissa
nissa.png

Despite the large demon charging the goblin chief he stood his ground. Though unlike this time the chief fell for the block as he want to block. As Zolgen brought his weight around and went to punch the goblin, he wouldn't feel the strike connect with flesh. But there was now a large hole in the armor making it effectively useless. Though as the goblin attack connected the goblins went silent for a moment though when the goblin chief retaliated the goblins cheered again.

The goblin chief swung up his club again making contact with Zolgen's ribs and once again knocking him off his feet. The goblin chief then smacked the club against the ground almost antagonizing Zolgen as the cheering became louder and louder. Soon even the sound of the drums was drowned out as the goblins were watching this duel to the end.

Vampire Honorguard.png
Nissa looked to Gra as she spoke. "While that is the plan, however, these fledglings are no good for that kind of work. They can speak but they need someone to direct them to order them around. I have plans for the town but that will require me to gain a bit more power," Nissa explained as she glanced over at the remaining vampires that were with them. "Though when that time comes to expand the influence with more adept agents I shall let you lead that endeavor," Nissa agreed turning her attention back to Zolgen.

As Gra went to try and read the minds of the goblins she would only find a single thought amongst them which was fight, fight, fight. These goblins needless to say were not the brightest bunch of them and there was not a lot of brain cells to share between them.

Nissa smirked as Gra cheered. "I think Zolgen appreciates the bloodlust I'm sure that is going through his mind, so maybe another time. But for now, I'm going to make sure these goblins honor their deal," Nissa stated.

• Gobbo Kata [Club] Superstrength X, Knockback X, Fast X - The goblin swings its club with enough force to knock and opponent off its feet.
Actions:
1. Defends
2. Used Gobbo Kata
3. N/A
Notes: Combat has started 3 a per post for people in the duel
Zolgen: Armor grade reduced by 1 if F grade armor is broken

Zolgen
1196110200-1.png

Not hitting flesh and only armor proceeded to only aggravate Zolgen further, not only that the goblins were cheering even more. At the very least he had broken through the armor with the claw, even if he had been wanting it to be a lethal hit. But suddenly Zolgen felt himself getting smashed again, this time he spit up a variation of demon blood which seemed be boiling as it hit the ground quite literally a black smog coming from it. Despite how much worse that felt compared to the first time Zolgen wasn't about to give up not by a long shot, oh no he was going to show these goblins and the Goblin Chief what he could do.

Zolgen had to right himself once again, this time it all hurt more. Upon seeing that the armor was broken he realized that he now had an opportunity to deal some serious damage to the goblin. He decided this right here could decide the whole fight, he couldn't take too many more bashes. Instead of rushing forwards like last time, realizing it would probably result in another counter bash, Zolgen did something different, while he was knocked back 5 feet once more instead he stood up. He was going to do something he figured the Goblin wasn't expecting, since it wasn't something he had shown him that he could do prior.

He took his Demonic Cleaver Sword #2 E and deliberately tossed it up in the air towards the goblin chief in an arc Instead of doing a typical gesture like a side or diagonal upper swipe like he had been before, banking on the fact the Goblin Chief would be distracted long enough by it or better yet try to upward block it, he then reached back and grabbed Iron sword E off his back, before he rapidly used Demonic Traveling Twin Slash E forcefully bringing his blades forward, Demonic Cleaver Sword #1 E sending forth a strong traveling cutting slash, that rapidly moved towards the Goblin Chief, before following up with Iron sword E's slash thanks to linked if the first connected, attempting to slash the Goblin Chief in an effort to cut through him enough to kill or incapacitate him, at the spot where the armor had been broken.

Actions:
1. Throw Demonic Cleaver Sword #2 E
up in arc as a distraction, bonus if it lands.
2. Grab Iron Sword E off of back in left hand.
3. Use Demonic Traveling Twin Slash E against hopefully not ready to defend Goblin Chief.

Demonic Traveling Twin Slash - Fighting Style Fiendish E, Twin Blade Linked F, Ranged F Grade E- 1 Post Cooldown.
Zolgen slashes his blade at a single target sending forth a traveling slash, can strike a target up to 10 ft away in a 10 ft x 10 ft box front of him, if first traveling slash connects he quickly follows up with a second.

Grá Toirmiscthe
1677007272228.png

Gra listened to Nissa while reading the minds of those goblins in her vision. The future demon lord's words excited her, the prospect of torturing humans until they broke always did. However, Nissa would require time before had to gain more power. Understandable but regrettable none the less, waiting around with humans so close by was such a depressing thought. Alas, as per her agreement, Gra would follow Nissa's lead. Though at the mention of ensuring the goblins kept their word, Gra's ears pricked upward. Tilting her head as she continued to watch the battle the Devil was quite perplexed. What could possibly be hidden further within the cave, and furthermore what could possibly insure against the possibility of backstabbing? Surely Nissa wasn't going to...

Thinking on the subject of Goblin children for a few seconds, Gra shook the thought from her mind. Nissa hadn't given her the impression of one who would stoop to such a level, to attack another monster's children would be ludicrous! Sure human or elf children were delightful to slaughter, torture and feed upon but other monsters spawn!? Well, that was just diabolical! Goblins didn't even taste good! Regardless even if Nissa were to do so, it was of no concern to Gra. Who was she to stop the future Demon Lord from doing what she pleased? Besides, maybe she enjoyed the taste! Or maybe attacking children wasn't a part of the plan, to begin with!

With Nissa leaving Gra moved closer to the fight and began cheering even louder, doing her best to rival the goblin horde "Beat him into a bloody mess Zolgen! Off with his head! Off with his arms! Of with his legs! Build an effigy from his severed corpse just so you can crush it again! DESTROY HIM!"

No actions used

Nissa
nissa.png

As Zolgen threw his blade up into the air the goblin chief despite his better judgment the goblin looked up as the sword flashed off the dancing light. The chief at this point was completely distracted as Zolgen reached for his iron sword quickly following up with an attack that cleaved the goblin chief in two halves. The roaring of the goblins and the drums fell silent as they all stood there in disbelief on what had just happened.

The goblin warlord had been killed and as the sword in the air came down it impaled the goblin chieftain delivering the final blow. Nissa smirked as the outcome had finally been decided. Taking a few steps out onto the field, "Now I believe that you have a new leader unless that is not how goblins work." Nissa scanned the room for anyone stupid enough to try after a moment the remaining members of the tribe kneeled down.

Vampire Honorguard.png
Nissa turned on her heel as she walked toward the crude goblin throne. The honor guard followed relatively closely behind. Running her hand along the cold stone throne that sat empty. "Not what I imagined but I suppose it will do. My bid for demon lord is slowly getting close and closer," Nissa smirked as she turned around and sat down on the throne crossing her legs one over the other.

"Zolgen, command the tribe, they will be the start to your army as one of my generals. Gra, we will speak on your plans to start your army as well. For now, ensure this level of the cave is secure, we did destroy a lot of the defenses coming in. With some guidance they should be able to improve upon those destroyed defenses," Nissa concluded.

"Oh and Zolgen, good job on dispatching the former chief,"
Nissa complimented as she leaned back in her throne resting her head in the palm of her hand.

Notes: One or two more rounds but we are at the end of the story at least for this part!

Zolgen
1196110200-1.png
Zolgen was actually a bit surprised that his plan worked so well, fortunate that the reflected light worked to his benefit, he wasn't sure if the Goblin Chief was going to pull something else out of his hat and negate the attack, but nope not this time. Zolgen was thrilled to see the Goblin get cut so severely in two places to the point where it was definitely fatal. All it took Zolgen was quite a bit of pain and switching his strategy up. However it wasn't lost on him that if it was this difficult to dispatch the goblin chief that he was far away from being ready to engage with powerful heroes in combat in any meaningful way.

The demon raised his swords in the air Triumphantly looking around the crowd of shocked Goblins, that was exactly the reaction he had been looking for. He felt even better knowing that Gra had been cheering him on and he had been able to perform well enough to complete his part for her as well as Nissa. He looked back at them after the fact and would have smiled if he could, so instead he just flexed his musculature a bit to the crowd. He then looked over at Nissa who made her way over to the stone throne and sat down. He agreed it was too plain for someone like her, but hopefully that would change in the future. At the very least it seemed that they had secured the cave and the goblins were no longer going to fight them.

Zolgen took a bit of a kneel on one leg facing her towards the end of her speech. "Of course m'lord it shall be done, I look forward to it. and thank you your praise is very much appreciated." This much was true. He stood himself back up. They should be able to get the defenses back in place and upgraded around the base, since they likely knew how to build better things than the goblins did alone.

Zolgen then turned to the goblins and the body of their fallen chief before he made his way over, putting his iron sword back on his back, before picking up his sword that he had thrown. "Listen here, this is what happens if you defy us." with a swift swing he tried decapitating the head off of the chief's body. If he was successful he put that sword back on his back, and lifted the head up for them to see, before letting it drop the ground for effect, feeling that he had made his point well enough. Standing triumphantly for the time being.

He then turned to them.

"Well you heard her, it is time for us to secure and rebuild, believe me if you follow us you'll all experience gains beyond anything you could imagine before." Zolgen proclaimed to the goblins.

1677197526580.png
Grá Toirmiscthe

Gra knelt before the throne alongside Zolgen when Nissa took to it. Grinning from ear to ear, Gra watched as the goblins followed suit, their weak and feeble minds now securely under the command of the Demon Lord and her General- Zolgen. Such a beautiful sight, to see her master growing stronger before her very eyes and of course her friend gaining an army of his own. If you could call a legion of Goblins an army. Regardless Gra was happy, delighted even. Finally! Finally, they could stop having to deal with those gross creatures and their sticky and goopy blood! Gross!

Rising back to her feet once Zolgen had left to decapitate his former opponent, Gra moved to stand aside Nissa. She had mentioned wanting to hear of Gra's own plans for an army but truth be told Gra had no such plans. Not right now anyway. With a soft chuckle, watching Zolgen leading his band of green children, Gra spoke on the subject quietly. "My Lord, I have no need of an army yet. Or should I say, there is no race in the vicinity of this base that I feel can truly be put to use by me? I apologise but, if I may speak my mind. I think it would be far better to target a specific species close by. By that I mean, I wish to enter the mountain with you in search of a demon worm nest. If I can acquire a gub and raise it as my own I'm sure it will prove far more useful in the long term. Especially should I be able to evolve it into a death worm."

Looking to Nissa with a soft smile, Gra offered her a wink "though, of course, it's your decision my lord. A fully grown Demon Worm will not be an easy target to fell, and without killing it there's no way we can steal away an egg. It would be far more dangerous than this conquest. But I also believe it would cement your reputation even more to slay such a beast. what say you?"

It is the job of the gods to judge those that threaten my people. It is my job to arrange the meeting.
Krogash
Krogash

638062180460224402.png
Krogash has spent the last several days on the march with his warriors. His back is sore from armor and pack, his feet are sore from boots and marching. At this point to be truthful everything hurts but he has made his choice to be a warrior prince, to grow strong to defend his people and finally build them a home.

Home, that is what this mission is for, six men against any number of goblins. Bigger, stronger, tougher and better equipped in small spaces they hold the advantage but they aren't expecting to get out of this with no deaths only hoping to have at least someone survive to lead the tribe to a home.

They are not quiet as they approach, stealth is not in their skill set. They are heavy infantry, warriors, soldiers and fools. They will fight directly and they will win or they will die.

Two of Krogash's warriors stand in front of him shield's held up making a short wall while he takes the middle rank of their simple square formation. They approach slowly and steadily watching, looking for the goblins or guards of any type.

2020.10.07-06.24-boundingintocomics-5f7e07fa3d97f-768x534.jpg

Nissa
nissa.png

The scene started to settle down a bit to the point Nissa could fully think and hear those around her without having to raise their voice. She was curious to see what Zolgen was going to do next. She watched as he walked over to the former chieftain and then severed the head holding it up for the other goblins as a show of force. The whole scene caused her to smirk though there were two pressing matters at hand or well really three but the third was going to be handled shortly.

The goblins didn't seem to rash to test out the threat that Zolgen had made, however unknowing to the trio and their now tribe of goblins there were new arrivals that were entering the cave from the front. Though the Hobgoblins would immediately start to see bodies of goblins from the earlier ambushes and attacks on Nissa and her comrades. For the moment Nissa sat there with her eyes closed pondering the way to solve the matters at hand.

Vampire Honorguard.png
Nissa opened her eyes as Gra spoke quietly next to her giving Nissa a pause for a moment before she spoke. "Well if that is what you are after I believe we can find a way to acquire one. However, I will send out the honor guard members and let them search for information on the demon worms. But for the time being there are several other matters we should attend to while we wait for information," Nissa concluded as she rested both her elbows on the armrests of the crude stone throne.

"One of these Zolgen is already taking care of or will soon enough the securing of this level of the caves. The next will be to secure a stable source of cattle and by cattle, I mean humans to which me and the other vampires can feast. Then there is also exploring the deeper parts of the cave and expanding our influence further," Nissa stated as she let out a sigh. Resting against the back of the throne she pondered a few ideas.

Notes: Mirgris feel free to have the goblins arrive in the throne room in the next post.
Krogash: N/A
Hobgolbins: N/A
mentions: Uasal Uasal TheTimePiece TheTimePiece Mirgris Mirgris

Zolgen
1196110200-1.png
Mentions: saxon saxon Uasal Uasal Mirgris Mirgris

Zolgen only heard some of what Nissa and Gra were talking about regarding the demon worm, but he knew what his task was at hand which was to secure the main level of the cave system his attention was refocused on getting the goblins in line. "Those of you who were fortunate enough to survive you're with me. We are going to spread out and make sure that this cave system is secure, so the type of thing that yours truly just did won't happen so easily again." He sspoke clearly to them. Still unaware of Krogrash approaching with his group of hobgoblins in toe from the exterior where they had already cleared.

"First we are going to search the immediate vicinity for threats, we will be splitting up into small groups, if you run into anything you don't think you can handle come and get me and I"ll deal with it if it sounds important." Afterwards. Zolgen then started delegating the remaining goblins into squads of five for them to move out if that was possible if not whatever number seemed feasible with how many were remaining.

"After we have made sure that there is no immediate threats to this level wild or otherwise you will show me what building supplies we have available so that we can start rebuilding better defenses. We will make it difficult for anyone who wishes to oppose us to proceed." Zolgen finalized by looking to Gra and Nissa. "I will now be moving out with them to first secure and think about the rebuilding process M'lord." Unaware that Krogash would be arriving easily to them soon thanks to them wiping out that portion of the cave.

The End
The first level of the cave was secured with relative ease, defenses have been rebuilt and the goblins at least for the moment are all toeing the line. Zolgen would have no issues with getting the barricades back up and with luck even found a few ways to improve the prior defenses.

Isekai Hell Grade
mentions: TheTimePiece TheTimePiece Uasal Uasal
Aftermath

With the goblin chieftain slain and many of his higher-ranking goblins, the goblin tribe is toeing the line. While it will take some time to completely repair the defenses that were destroyed, with smarter management this cave could turn into a formidable trap. With the sudden disappearance of goblin raids in the area, the adventurer's guild had taken some interest in the matter. But with the subjugation of the tribe the trio now has a base of operations to work from, Zolgen with his part in slaying the chief has gained a personal routine of goblins.

Time will tell who or what might show up on their doorstep. Though several people have started to push and set up small hamlets in the area now that the raids have stopped. Guards still regularly patrol the area and the hamlets are slowly establishing themselves and eagerly awaiting the change of the season. Guards have stepped up their presence in the area making them more well-known to the inhabitants.

Rewards Nissa - 60
Acquired Cave System hideout C Grade
Acquired Optional Title [Goblin-Slayer] This character was part of a group or dueled a goblin chieftain in combat slaying the chief and other high-ranking goblins of the tribe.

Zolgen - 41 Points
Acquired skill - Minion F Goblin (Add 14 points to spend and earned)
Acquired Optional Title [Goblin-Slayer] This character was part of a group or dueled a goblin chieftain in combat slaying the chief and other high ranking goblins of the tribe.

Gra- 41 points
Acquired Optional Title [Goblin-Slayer] This character was part of a group or dueled a goblin chieftain in combat slaying the chief and other high ranking goblins of the tribe. Acquired Optional Title [Cheerleader] This character has impacted the outcome of a fight by boosting their ally through the power of cheering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back