• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Yemaya City] An Interlude Pt. 1

Rowan Thorn
rowan.jpg
Whoever in the party wanted a shield, they would get one, especially Finn, who had been her comerade in arms in other "adventures." Since they had lived, they were adventures. IF they died, the would be harrowing journeys that ended in death. "Yes sir, I will do my best to get the civilians out." She would tell the Quartermaster, as her manipulation of barriers into stairs would be extremely helpful here. The sights and smells horrified her as they passed, and she had to work to not react at the horrific scenes of anguish that came from these soldiers and from the explosion that had enabled the ambush. "Apologies Finn and Kristina, I will assist you in any way I can in terms of retrieval." Rowan told Finn, letting him know she had both of their backs.

Rowan listened to the woman's tale of how her husband passed, and it tugged at her heart in that way she couldn't help, yet also didn't like, considering that all they made her want to do was comfort this woman. Rowan looked to the debris that was blocking the door, thinking for a moment, before casting barrier magic into the smallest of gaps between the debris and the exit. (Barrier Stairs-E Grade-0 Posts) The barrier expanded outward from the smaller spot, forcing the debris away from the exit, pushing the debris about five feet away, giving enough space for the people to exit through. She took down the barrier in an instant and went to help open the doorway, allowing people to exit the area now that their exit wasn't blocked anymore. "If you need a quick push of rubble out of the way I can do that, but the complex workings will be a bit harder." Rowan said to the Quartermaster apoglogetically, directing people to the appropriate place that the Quartermaster would want the people to go to.

• Even More Advanced Barrier Stairs- Magic D, Barrier E, Range E, Targets E, Duration E, Energize D- Advanced Barrier Stairs but with a 30ft range, Duration of 1 hour, Barrier Strength of E- Grade E- 0 Post Cooldown

Last edited:
Michael, Hero of Osun
Post Listenings:
Cooldowns:
OOC: Blue sight to avoid getting bushwacked by something.
Mentions: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars RavenSong RavenSong Elvario Elvario
TLDR: relies on aria to terminate the monster, uses blue sight to examine the area again while keeping the nature of the fell beholder in mind, and letting regular know of the situation as well as discouraging any sense that she needed to step in with her firearm.

u1UbBCf.jpg
Michael would rely on Aria. Despite carrying multiple weapons himself, he never once received formal education since he arrived in the world. Anyone with any form of experience or education would know Michael's method of wielding his weapons by spinning in a circle is unorthodox and perhaps not as efficient. Sure he could swing the individual weapon or stab, but his most effective techniques were all wildly dangerous to himself and those around. Unlike him, Aria appeared to Michael as someone capable of using a blade to just cut what she intends to cut. Michael watched approvingly and nodded his head as she warped around and showed the monster the business end of the weapon. Unless it had some tricks up its sleeve, he would put his faith in Aria to get the job done.

Michael's regular use of Blue Sight had also tipped him off to the creature in advance. It was not a particularly strong monster at a glance. It would slaughter the average populace, but it was no threat to Michael yet. His vision would see through its attempt to hide. In fact, its attempt to hide with magical effects or float around would make it stand out to him more than the citizens Regular were picking up on. That was a fine enough division of labor. Regular could find things and Michael would have the abilities to discern if the things found were friendly or not. For the floating enemies like this fell beholder, Michael would watch for especially now as one of the only ones able to detect them in advance since they hide and float at the same time. A truly horrible enemy for the average person.

"These people must have suffered greatly. These things can turn invisible on a whim and can blast people apart in an instant with their eye beams."

Michael would survey with Blue Sight the area before replying to Regula,

"We are fine, or at least, we will be. Aria is taking care of the Fell Beholder. This will be one of the creatures from the otherside that I was talking about. It is not the worst thing that could come from over there, assuming it's not matured, but it is not the weakest creature that could cross over either. The average human would likely have no means to properly deal with these. I don't believe your power will be necessary yet."

Hopefully, Aria would be able to deal with the monster efficiently enough that the surroundings would not suddenly become a swarm of monsters and enemies. Michael knew of Aria's gun and hoped it would not be needed. Michael could still recall the last time it had summoned more than could be handled easily on their first outing.

"The streets and waterway over here seem to be clear of enemies,"

Michael also relayed to Regula. His blue sight may have made him aware of the trapped or hiding survivors back toward the central path, but he would share the insights he definitely knew.

ability stuff:
  • Blue Sight - Appraisal E, Supersense: Infrared Visions E, Feature: Darkvision F, Sixth Sense: Mana Vision F, Energized E, Medicine F, Arcana F - See Mana Flows, temperature variations, and appraise targets within 100ft to perceive basic arcane and medical information - Grade E - 0 post cooldown.

Peng Deming
Interaction: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Orikanyo Orikanyo slifer37 slifer37
3073b1b9c1442dd31af153ce979a833a.jpg

At the sound of knocking against the ground from below him a smile crossed the tacticians face. "I hear you, we are coming to save you now." He said to the person on the other side. First he looked over and caught the eye of Finn who motioned he had found one. Peng nodded and held up two fingers. Point up towards the boy's spot, and down towards the group. Looking up he met the boy's gaze and listened to what he said. Nodding his head he lowered the cowl of his cloak for a moment so the boy could see his face fully and one of Peng's rare smiles. "You are quite brave for one so young, Be brave for just a little longer and you will be safe. Now come down, and let us deal with the monsters."

Peng stepped back as Rowan cleared the debris away from the door and raised the cowl back to it's proper place covering most of his face. As soon as the door frame was cleared of rubble by Rowan's magic, Peng knelt and pulled it open. "Come quickly, There is a spot to the west past the farmlands that is being used as a relief camp. Keep your heads down and go." He instructed the family. Peng then stood up and turned to his group. "We can use the sewers to reach others faster. It seems they connect to the store front, Just be prepared. There are monsters down there that Hera won't be able to lead away."

Retili Loxinofican
Mentioned: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Torrin eloise eloise Marcellus

Retili nodded at the information offered by the brothers in turn. He cursed mentally. There was no wriggle room for bringing in outside help. Either they did it and weakened the other villages that may be in the same boat or they didn't. He shook his head. "We won't waste our limited manpower in trying to contact those villages then." He pointed to the hill that Torrin had pointed out. "We'll go ahead and make the move. If nothing else it will be worth it to keep us safe in the long run. As I see it we have two options for contacting those who went in. One, we send in someone to contact them in person. They might be split up though so i'm not sure it will be effective. Not to mention they'd be going into enemy controlled territory. We can't spare more than a few of our own or we risk leaving the camp vulnerable. Two, we leave a few guards here to watch for their return and direct anyone who's friendly to the camp. It won't be that much further for them to walk, and if anyone is critically injured we can leave a horse or two here with them to get them to the camp faster. Any other good options? If not we go with option two." He looked at the other two.

Marcellus Fachnan

A lot could happen in just a mere several hours. Wasn't the current state of Yemaya a prime example of this? In just a small amount of time, the world could change drastically and completely morph into something that clashed with the reality a person once knew. Thus, if Loxinofican's concerns regarding the security of the camp were as valid as they sounded, it didn't take an ounce of intelligence to realize that they didn't have a couple of hours to spare. And if you added in the fact that they were entirely unaware of the other two village's status of being unaffected by this disaster at the moment, sending in riders for reinforcement did not appear to be a foolproof plan in the slightest. There were too many possible risks and unknown variables involved with it.

Marcellus's eyes followed carefully as Torrin's finger trailed across the map and came to rest on a hill-like shape that seemed to be quite a distance away from their current position. So far he didn't hold any resistance to the notion of moving the camp to the hill that his brother had pointed out, simply attentively listening as Loxinofican began to speak once more subsequently after his brother's own statement. "Hm, I do agree with the suggestion of option two. Though, however.." He paused, expression turning contemplative as he allowed himself to gather his thoughts. "I fear for the safety of those guards who would be chosen to await the return of Lord Linneus's knights. As it stands we still have no information on what exactly caused the explosion nor if there was any sort of foul play involved." As logical as he could be, he was still human to the very depths of his core and he positively dreaded the thought of Eustacia, even with all her eccentrics and detachment, having some role to play in Yemaya's destruction. All the unanswered questions and inconclusive mysteries that lurked at every edge of this situation were beginning to drive him mad.

"How can we be truly sure that nothing would befall the guards once we begin the movement of the camp? I do not mean to inspire paranoia with my words but I merely wish to invoke a sense of cautiousness if we do indeed proceed ahead with this." Things would happen, regardless of whether Marcellus liked them or not, but he only wanted everyone to be safe.

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
conman2163 conman2163

Code by Serobliss

Kristina
87337512_p0.jpgSlipping through the side paths and alleys of the demolished barony Kristina made a roundabout path for the castle in the center of the city. As she climbed over a toppled roof she could just pick up the sound of her pursuers. 'Looks like I gave em the slip for now. They'll likely double back searching for me...' She crouched behind some rubble, closed her eyes and strained her ears for more details. It was fainter but she could hear them moving together, until they... 'Damn.' Her eyes shot open, Kristina immediately picked up her pace. They were splitting up, it was logical act, she'd likely do something similar. She'd hope they might dismiss it, but she was rarely ever so lucky.

Along her path she cut through a dilapidated building. Upon her exit onto the street she found herself next to a courtyard. She hadn't committed the map of the city to memory so she was playing a lot of this by ear. But the disparity in the quality of the building in this area was obvious to her, she was on the right track and the castle was even closer a bit further and she could likely make her way in. She squinted her eyes and crinkled her nose as a smell briefly overcame her senses. 'That smell... where's it comin from?' She put her arm up to her nose and examined her surroundings. The scent was unfortunately a familiar one but it was much stronger than even before. 'Are they collecting the bodies and burning them? Why? To get them out of the way or, something else? What am I dealing with here...' Questioning the nature of the situation Kristina couldn't help but have a treacherous thought come up. That she may be biting off more than she could chew. Its not like she understood how all this worked. This world was making her restless with the lack of intel, she wasn't used to working alone. 'That damn smell!' it was so strong she could barely think straight, covering her nose she hastened into the tallest building she could find. The smell was much better to deal with than out in the open, but it lingered all the same.

Moving through the abandoned home Kristina found the belongings of its residents strewn about some of it charred. She climbed up as high as she could reaching the top floor. Coming to a window she put her back to the wall next to it, and slid to the floor. Letting out a sigh she ran her hand through her hair. 'I'll hole up here for now. Rest up, and get those bastards off my tail. Might be able to get a better handle on things up here anyway.' Kristina made to peek out the window, but noticed her gloved hands; they were trembling. She stared at them for a moment, the smell was still there. Memories began to surface unbidden. In a practiced motion she reached into her jacket for her lighter and carton. As always she lit her cigarette and took a drag. Soon her hands were still once more. She raised herself up looking over the window sill. She kept her position watching for anything noteworthy 'I have to last, have to keep going.'.

Last edited:
Outside Castle

Kristina's hiding place was abandoned and for now would be the perfect place to get some rest from all the running and hide from those following her. Her new position would grant her more than just a place to rest however. From the window she could see that not too far away a large group of corpses were piled around an arcane circle. There stood several enemy soldiers and someone who seemed to be a mage. The corpses were laid in the circle and as the mage raised his hands the sigils started to glow a sick green color. The body immediately started to burn with arcane fire peeling away the flesh and muscle. The smoke that followed culminated into a dark cloud as the spell continued. The smoke would transform into the shadow mutts that Kristina had ran into earlier and by the mage's command it was set loose upon the city. This was the process through which the shadow mastiffs were being made and it seemed they had no shortage of bodies to fuel their endeavor.

A grim sight for sure, to match the putrid smell that had harassed her. But to her left there was another window that had a direct line of sight to the castle. She would be able to see that there streets were crawling with shadow hounds, but if she chose to brave that danger she would have no trouble getting into the castle for most of the windows were shattered, offering easy access to the interior. But one misstep and she could be set upon by an army.

Sewers

Regula and Aria's reactive speed helped them greatly in avoiding the danger of the attack launched by the Beholder, but Michael seemed stationery, perhaps distracted or overcome with fear, but as he stood still, the blast would slam into him. The blast would throw him from the tunnel and back out into the filthy river. He would be afflicted with Poison F to make matters worse.

Aria's quick movement allowed her to jump behind the blast and into the monster's face. It was beyond startled and even tried to put some distance between the two of them, but it was not fast enough. The woman's blade was plunge into it's eye and the monster let out a horrible scream. Her sword and her technique were more than enough and as the creature wailed in agony, its body started to fall to the floor in globs of sludge.

With the monster defeated the group was safe, for now and could move forward with their plans. But they were now against the clock as the Beholder's spell use would not go unnoticed by the monster's allies. The soldiers would begin to make their way back to the center of the residential distract in search of the cause of the noise.

Commercial District

The old woman was slowly starting to like Finn. He was a young man and she would forgive any slight against her and blame it upon his age. She was ready to go, but there was one thing that she had to do before they did. A kiss to his palm then pressed against the corpse of her husband. "Thank you, dear. I will see you in the next life." She whispered before she followed the blond man out of the store. She raise her arm up to block the sun's light. She'd been hidden in the darkness for so long. As they approached the other group, the old woman looked around, but kept quiet.

Peng's words brought comfort to the people and as the elderly woman approached, she raised her hands up and beckoned the boy to come down from his hiding spot. With encouragement the boy finally climbed down the rope he had made for Peng and rushed to stand beside the old lady.

Between the combined efforts of Peng, Rowan, and Finn they were able to clear the debris and free the family that was trapped under the rubble. They climbed out at a cautious pace and once they felt the sun on their skin they started to smile. But those smiles soon faded when Peng suggested that they head to the camp alone. "What if we run into trouble?" The old woman quickly questioned. All heads turned to look at Peng, fear in their eyes. "I'm scared mommy." The little girl declared as tears started to swell in her eyes.

As if she saw the future, a source of fear would appear at the opposite end of the alleyway in the form of shadow dogs. They snarled and growled at the group as the four beasts started to slowly move forward. Then one lunged at the group, aiming for Peng with its claws and fangs bared.

Relief Camp

Torrin was not particularly in favor of either plan proposed by Retili. As his brother had stated, there was no way of ensuring these guard chosen to linger would be safe. They didn't have many guards so to break them up was a dangerous idea in itself and if the camp was not protected then this entire endeavor would be for nothing. "I will go." Torrin declared. "I will head into the city as you move the camp and I will inform the Quartermaster and the knights. Perhaps I can even help guide back the civilians." This was a risk too, but one Torrin preferred over leaving his younger brother in an unprotected camp. "I know a few spells that should see me safely in and out of the city so I won't be defenseless and one person will move easier than a group." His eyes looked to the Scribe, eager for his answer.

Novama Novama Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong Dante Verren Dante Verren Orikanyo Orikanyo slifer37 slifer37 conman2163 conman2163 eloise eloise EMIYAman EMIYAman

Retili Loxinofican
Mentioned: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Torrin eloise eloise Marcellus

The concerns for the guards safety voiced by Marcellus were a good point against leaving anyone to await the camp, but unless someone volunteered Retili did not see a way around leaving a small detachment of guards behind. Until Torrin volunteered that was. Retili looked at the man as if to reappraise him. He wondered for yet another moment if he had misjudged this man somehow. Even if this had some sort of ulterior motive to go and rescue his sister it was still a brave move. Retili crossed his arms and nodded. "I wasn't in favor of sending anyone in lest they be in danger, but if you say you can protect yourself Lord Thorne then I will not oppose you. I think that would be the best option overall." He moved over to the lip of the tent and looked around for a guard, then signaled to them. "Go to your commander, explain to him we have a safer location and will be moving the camp to a hill a short distance from here." He turned back to Torrin and Marcellus. "Good luck to you Torrin." Then he exited to go help break down the camp.

Regula
Mentions: Aria RavenSong RavenSong | Michael Novama Novama

Hearing Michael repeat just how dangerous these monsters were and how much the people must've suffered from their presence here didn't exactly comfort Regula. Turning invisible? Blasting people apart with eye beams? Just what in the world was going on with this Fell stuff? It was rather unnerving. She feared what had caused all this would be even more concerning. Even though it was good to hear they were fine, Michael immediately added that it wasn't the only one of its kind and that there could be worse stuff out there. That was a concerning thought. At least he also confirmed what she'd seen, namely that the streets and waterway was free of enemies.

The next part, however, was when Regula was truly impressed. Aria diving into the enemy and piercing it with one smooth jam through its eye was a sight to behold. “Nicely done!” She couldn't help herself from calling out to Aria, as she saw how much the sword-maiden had progressed. It filled her with an odd mixture of pride at seeing her right-hand woman so strong and a bit of an inkling of a feeling of being left behind herself. Perhaps she should figure out how to rely less on her enchanted gear. It was a thought best left for later.

That said, her joy and contemplations were of a temporary nature. Her [tremorsense] was picking up movement. “As I feared, the enemy was attracted by the sounds. There are civilians trapped in the building above, but we can't risk luring enemies there. If we flee now, we might put them at risk of being discovered simply due to having been close-by. Instead, I suggest we get out of here and engage. That should ensure they won't find the civilians...” Suddenly, another option sprang to mind. “Unless... Michael, can you try holding them off them off on your own while we try to get the civilians out?!?” She called out to Michael. She knew he was strong and with all that metal inside of him, he was probably pretty darn sturdy too. Enough to worry more about whomever he'd be up against.

Hoping for a yes, she'd call out to Aria next. “Let's not waste any time! Back me up here, your teleportation might be needed should we encounter something unexpected!” She said, as she moved to the hatch. “You go first, teleport away immediately if something targets you. If not, climb up all the way and I'll be right behind you.” She told Aria, knowing the girls ability to teleport was their best bet of opening something that might potentially be trapped with the least chance of severe harm being done.

She made sure to use [Muffle] to reduce the sound of them opening the hatch and the sounds of those inside, those that she could spot with [Tremorsense] at least, hoping to catch any potential screams in fear they might give at someone unknown entering. With some luck, they could explain their side before someone could accidentally alert the enemies that Michael was meant to distract. Once up top, she'd quickly check who was there and on what their conditions were, to see if any would need healing or carrying. With her pocket dimension no longer opening to its fullest, their easiest method of getting civilians out of here was taken from her, so she'd need some careful deliberation on how to proceed.

Muffle C – Magic Affinity C, Silencing Affinity C, Magic Range D, Magic Targets D – Muffles the sounds of 10 targets within 100 feet - Grade C – 3 Post Cooldown.
Tremorsense C - 1 mile radius – 1.6 kilometre - A creature with tremorsense is sensitive to vibrations in the ground and can automatically pinpoint the location of anything that is in contact with the ground.

Konpaku.Youmu.600.2125213-2-2.jpgHaving pierced the horror that appeared before them made it slither and cry out in agony, as the corrupted mana that gave it life escaped through the wound Aria had inflicted. She quietly observed its suffering until it was nothing but a steaming pile of sludge, becoming one with the waste water at their feet.

Her attention was then pulled by Regula’s approval, to which she closed her eyes with a quick nod. “We’re not out of this one yet..” she replied, before looking towards where Michael was thrown, “..i was hoping this monsters attack would end as soon as i ended its life. Is he.. alright?” Although she was concerned for Michael, the blue knight was definately much more able to take damage than her. It was likely that the commotion must have stirred the guards. A thought confirmed by her friend Regula. “If we’ve alarmed the guards, then we must hurry.” She said impatiently starting towards the hatch. “Whats the plan?”

The idea of simply going out and engaging the enemy seemed like a sound idea, so was the thought of having Michael become a decoy of sorts while Aria and Regula smuggled the civilians out. Considering they’d attempted the stealthier approach already, whatever options were left were ever closer to open battle. Whatever they’d do next would certainly set the tone of the incoming fight. Part of her hoped whatever the other groups were doing were in someway benefitting from the guards searching for them.

Climbing up the steps of the ladder which led to the hatch opening, Regula had Aria’s complete attention, already a few steps up the ladder. “Very well.” she replied calmly as her eyes revealed a degree of anxiety as she held onto the handle of the hatch with one hand while slowly, and carefully openeing the hatch to observe the exits surroundings.

Kristina
90424078_p0.jpgTrying to minimize her presence Kristina looked outside the window. Her eyes narrowed and her tail stood up as she observed the scene on the streets below. 'Looks like my worst suspicions were correct...' Enemy soldiers stood around some kind of magical array, the focal point of it all being a robed person waving their arms around and chanting. It'd look ridiculous if a veritable hill of corpses wasn't being burned. Complicating matters more as the corpses were being consumed the same dog like creatures she had encountered earlier were being spawned from the ashes. 'So their numbers are replenishable so long as they have bodies to spare, and I doubt they are gonna be running out anytime soon. A war of attrition with these guys would be hell for any invading force. Not much different from Russians.'

Her line of sight travelled along till it landed upon the window just next to hers. 'With the buildings as they are... thats a straight route to the castle, but the street below is crowded with those dogs.' Weighing her options Kristina deliberated briefly, a part of her wanted to hole up and see how things develop. But with the enemy continuing to churn out soldiers it'd only make escape harder. Swift and decisive, leaving the enemy stuck pulling up their pants in their wake. Thats how her team operated, but she was alone now. She could form a good enough plan sure. The big picture however, was always Caspars thing not hers... 'Whats gotten into me, so what my teams not here? Those chuckle fucks didn't have half the balls I did, even in death.' She came to her decision. Kristina drew on her cigarrete one more time to calm her nerves, then stamped it out on the floor.

She pulled her knife out her sheath and used it to pry open the window next to her as quietly as possible. She was still had decent height over the ground below, and besides people rarely ever looked up. Placing the knife in her mouth her sharp canines closed around the hilt. She then hoisted herself onto the window sill. Sidling on the edge she hopped off and out grabbing the ledge above. Being at the top floor the roofs edge was not too far. Once she climbed up she looked across the way to the other house. Taking a deep breath she stepped back then with a slight running start leaped to the building [Acrobatics F].

Last edited:
Finnegan
9be2f6398519ff8a4df81cad6172416a.jpg

"Get down!" Finn utilized his swiftness to position himself between Peng and the incoming beast, his shield raised and stance sturdy, he radiated a intense light that scorches enemies, but not friends. the glow circulating from catalyst to blade, encircling the rest of his form to sear the incoming beast.

Rebuke - Fighting Style B, Aura F, Selective C, Holy affinity F, Magic F, Magic Duration F - Raising one's sword one's aura flares up with blinding holy light, searing foes around the user but not touching those deemed friend or ally. 1 minute duration Grade F(1*) - 0 Post Cooldown

"Get them out, Rowan is a capable ward crafter don't slow down. I'll cut down foes as they come. We've learned more of whats happening, gather up folks for relief squads, i'll do my best to rid the market square of foes. I'll follow the winged woman now GO!! GET!!" he speaked quickly, attempting to buffet the dog with his own defence and searing light. he clogged the alleyway with himself and his radiance, acting as a shield.

Well.. And his radiant orichalicum shield as well, the kitsune eye upon his waist shineing brightly as well.

"...Don't wait up." he smirked, giving em a nod.

Marcellus Fachnan

For all that he could remain composed, Marcellus's expression changed drastically, the mask settled against it slipping in an instant, upon Torrin's volunteering of heading into the city to inform the knights of Lord Linneus about the movement of the camp to another more secure location. It was risky. Too risky for his own liking. A number of things could go terribly wrong in this scenario. There was a lot that ran through his mind and there was so much he wished to say but at this moment, the only thing he expressed was silence. His lips thinned, eyes following the maneuvering Loxinofican, as the man spoke in response to his brother before exiting the tent.

It was then after they were completely alone that he finally turned on Torrin. To say he was displeased with the decision that had been made would be an understatement. "You.." He started off, words failing him as he trailed off in frustration. It was times like these that he felt most dissociated with the world around him. Times where he felt more Esmeralda than Marcellus, instinctive actions from pure memory alone overriding his functions. As of late, the dissociation had only gotten worse. There was a reason he took great lengths in avoiding mirrors, what he saw reflecting back in them was merely too confusing to grasp.

Where could he even begin to start off by explaining the strangeness of seeing his appearance flicker into something he knew it was not? With a startled blink, it would be gone, like a flick of a switch. Brown hair morphing back into blonde and green eyes melting into grey, his actual features. Esmeralda Salgado possessed those features, not him. But it only ever raised more questions than answers. Was he actually her or did he simply have memories of a life that once was? He shook his head, confusion growing too strong. Regardless, the present and what was in front of him were more important. The past could wait.

"Torrin, I trust you. I truly do." Marcellus was, at the very least, relatively secure in the knowledge of his brother's magical abilities. But that didn't mean he wasn't stricken with trepidation over all the real and very frightening possibilities that came with Torrin throwing himself into the unknown depths of a destroyed Yemaya. "Just.. be brave. Be strong. If you find yourself in need of it, draw strength from the knowledge that I will be here waiting for you." Was all he could manage to say before he turned heel and fled from the tent, fearing looking back on what he was leaving behind. Perhaps it was a cowardly thing to do. However, he was no warrior. His courage only allowed him to go so far before it was simply too much. And this? It came close to breaching that territory.

He stalked closer to Loxinofican, who looked to be very set on the task of getting the camp into order, and came to rest beside the man. "Is there anything you require of me? I wish to be of help in some fashion." Not only would he be preoccupied but it would be a welcomed distraction from everything.

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
conman2163 conman2163

Code by Serobliss

Michael, Hero of Osun
Post Listenings:
Cooldowns:
OOC:
TLDR: climbs out of river, brushes self off, preps for combat while whistling a tune to more easily be found.

u1UbBCf.jpg
Michael opened his eyes and looked up at the sky. Noting the tendrils of smoke from a smoldering city darken the already dreary sky, Michael's expression was contemptuous while he tried ignoring the squishy things he had come into contact with from getting launched into the stopped up river. He would sit up, moist matter falling off of him or sliding down his back as he moved to stand. Looking back to the sewer exit, the girls were already gone and the Fell Beholder was destroyed. He would recall Regula's suggestion and turn to the river bank.

Wading through what was left of the waterway that ran through the town, Michael would pluck himself out of the muck and onto the city street level. He would just his jumping skill if he had to to cover the distance and maybe shake off some of the 'mud'. The smell wasn't great, but arguably he was still fresher than the sewer they had just been in.

While waiting to be found by the approaching hostiles he could sense with [Blue Sight], Michael's hand would brush against his abdomen briefly where it was blasted by the Beholder previously. Regular was right, Michael's body was particularly hardy now due to the metal and difficult to injure. The Fell creature had not been able to damage Michael's body nor leave any last effect due to his regeneration taking care of any minor abrasions to the skin that may have resulted. Even the poison effects, had they effected Michael, would have been greatly diminished in potency and longevity due to his skills to reduce duration of abnormal effects on the body. Despite all that, he could still feel pain and the lingering ghost sensations of the blast made him want to itch, so he rubbed his abdomen to appease the tick in his mind caused by the memory.

Michael's eyes would generally reveal to him any hidden/invisible enemies that may show up in advance as well as where the enemies were coming from. He would also draw his twin shortswords from the sheathes at his waist.

"Alpha..Omega.. it's time to get to work,"
He spoke to his blades before he started to whistle a tune of his former life to ensure his enemies would have no difficulty finding him. Twirling his swords around with practiced ease to busy idle hands, the blue knight started doing stretches as a pre-warmup.

ability stuff:
  • Blue Sight - Appraisal E, Supersense: Infrared Visions E, Feature: Darkvision F, Sixth Sense: Mana Vision F, Energized E, Medicine F, Arcana F - See Mana Flows, temperature variations, and appraise targets within 100ft to perceive basic arcane and medical information - Grade E - 0 post cooldown.

Rowan Thorn
rowan.jpg
Finally, with all of their help, the citizens were saved from captivity, leaving Rowan, Finn, and Peng to take care of the citizens. Suddenly, they were under attack by four beasts, and one was heading straight for Peng!

Rowan let out magic, casting barriers on everyone in the party, (which included Finn, herself, Peng, and the citizens they were currently trying to save) though this time, the barriers would be different for Finn (Mage Armour 4, 3 Post Cooldown- C Grade.) A powerful barrier wouldn't surround him in a bubble, but would mold to his skin like a second armour, allowing him to breathe comfortably, but more importantly, letting the man's magic shine through, his attacks getting through without destroying the integrity of the barrier. Anyone with a shred of magic, including Peng and the citizens, would also find this out for themselves also with the same boon- lightweight barriers wrapped around them that would afford them a great deal of protection, in case more of these beasts came to attack them while Finn was busy.

"Peng, Lead the others out of the way! Finn and I will hold up these beasts."

With that said, she would turn to Finn and the beasts, hoping she could calm the beasts down, casting a barrier over four of their faces, hoping the little bit of incapacitation magic could calm them down enough so Finn could attack without getting hurt. (Mass Blackout 2, D Grade, 1 Post) If not, at least the barriers around their faces would hopefully negate some of the damage to Finn.

• Mage Armour 4- Magic Affinity B, Barrier C, Range E, Energize D, Duration D, Targets D, AOE F, Mind Shield F, Selective C-3 Post Cooldown-C Grade (1/3)
  • Mass Blackout 2- Magic D, Barrier E, Incapacitate Affinity F, Magic Range E, Magic Targets E, Magic Duration E, Energize D- The Same as Mass Blackout, but with Barrier increased to E, Range up to 30 ft, and Duration lasts for an hour-Grade D- 1 Post cooldown

Peng Deming
Interaction: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Orikanyo Orikanyo slifer37 slifer37

A sense of dread rushed over Peng and panic struck his heart, how had he possibly overlooked such a simple detail in his plan? He hadn't set up any form of check points and had merely assumed that the citizens would be fine on there way back like the others. How could he call himself a strategist which such a failure of an oversight. The only choice was clear, he would need to fall back with this group, organize some guards to set up in the field to act as runners. He could still fix this, and so he was determined to make it right. First he would have to survive.

The demonic dogs appeared and one launched itself at him. On reflex he braced himself for impact, but both his knightly companions rushed before him. It was distressing knowing that they were right. His main priority was the people behind him. "Very well, I will return shortly." Raising his wand he channeled his magic through it. "I am not sure how strong it will be due to the magic dampening effect, but a boost for both of you. Order 5, Words of Growing Strength! Order 6, Words of Growing Speed!" as he chanted the names of his spells the magic surged forward from his wand enveloping the two knights and under normal circumstances bolstering their strength and speed. "Thank you both." Peng told them before turning to the villagers. "Come this way" He said as he herded them away from the fight and back west towards the safety of the camp.

Abilities used:
Order 5 :Words of Growing Strength: Magic D, Spell duration E, Magic Target F, Magic Range F, Bolster Strength F- Magic flows from the user’s catalyst into two targets raising their strength by one letter grade. Spell duration 1 hour, spell range 10 feet, Grade D- 2 post cool down (0/2)

Order 6: Words of Growing Speed: Magic D, Spell duration E, Magic Target F, Magic Range F, Bolster Speed F- Magic flows from the user’s catalyst into two targets raising their speed by one letter grade. Spell duration 1 hour, Spell range 10 feet, Grade D - 2 post cool down. (0/2)

Camp

Torrin noted Retili's cooperation and approval of his proposal and part of him wondered if the Scribe was allowing this in the hopes that he would not survive. But then he remembered that the foreigner was not so dark of heart that he would wish death upon someone. He didn't think he would fall to whatever threat plagued the city, no he would return alive and unharmed. The advisor's attention then turned to his brother who seemed to be having some trouble.

It was subtle, but Torrin and their sister had always noticed that Marcellus seemed troubled at time, as if he were lost or confused. To this day they knew not what it was, but they loved him all the same. His hand fell upon Marcellus' shoulder as the youngest sibling spoke and he nodded his head in understanding. "Thank you little brother." He said softly. To know that his brother not believed in him and fully expected him to return was enough to boost Torrin's confidence in this suicide mission that he had signed himself up for. With Marcellus' parting words, Torrin took his leave of the camp with his blue hood pulled up over his head.

As commanded by Retili the guards had begun to pack up the camp. All around them the tents were coming down and supplies were being stuffed back into the boxes that they came in. The survivors who were well enough lent their aid as well, with the breakdown of the camp. It didn't take too long since they now had more hands to help, but the hard part had yet to present itself.

With the camp broken down they were ready for their trek to the new site. "Every survivor is accounted for and everyone is ready Master Loxinofican." A guard reported as he saluted the scribe. Sooner after they were on their way they had at least one thousand feet to go and with some injured, it would be a while before they made it to their destination. There were also children without guardians who were finding it hard to keep up with the group and trailing behind quite a bit. As the people marched they would see a figure making a swift approach and many would immediately start to panic. The guards hurried to the outside of the group to face whatever was rushing them. To the surprise of everyone it would become clear that the figure was just another survivors. A woman and her little sister. The woman was overjoyed to have found more people and there were some faces which she was familiar with.

1667836603176.png

"Please help us!" The woman pleaded as she rushed to the guards who raised their weapons and forced the woman to stop. She stood still, watching the others just stare at her. "Who are you and how did you come to be here?!" One of the guards asked as he raised his spear to the woman's chest. She quickly pushed her sister behind her and stood stoic before the unsteady spear. "We just escaped the city! Narrowly making it if it were not for the beastkin woman who saved us. Those are my friends and my neighbors, they can vouch for us!" She declared as she gestured to the other survivors in the camp. Still the guard did not move instead he doubled his resolve as no one in the camp spoke up for the woman.

Sewers

The duo of Aria and Regula would find themselves entering into a very dark space, almost pitch black as the windows were blocked from the outside by debris and clothing and blankets covered it on the inside. A single candle dimly fought back the darkness as it was nearly burnt out. Laid around the dying flame were four bodies and behind those bodies were seven other survivors, huddled together in a corner as if that corner would save them from the proposed danger that was coming through the hatch. One person stood from among the group, with a dagger in hand and raised as if ready to strike. A young man who despite living in filth, was more finely dressed than the other people.

1667839211169.png"Y-You're people." He commented as he saw Regula and Aria's faces illuminated by the dim candle light. The surprise he was overwhelmed with was clear in his tone and evident on his face as his eyes widened and his lips formed a smile. "Thank the gods." He said before he dropped to his knees and let out a heavy sigh, his very ornate dagger clattering to the floor. "We don't have much in the way of food or...anything really, but you're welcome to join us in hiding. We had hoped there were other survivors. What part of the city did you come from? What was that noise earlier?" The man looked up at the two of them with eager eyes. Meanwhile the other survivors were not as open. The four bodies lying around the candle were testaments to how gruesome the enemy had been with the citizenry. One man had stitches going across his abdomen while another had terrible burns that covered the entire left side of his body. A woman was missing her right arm and had a dirty rag tied around the wound to slow the bleeding, along with a terrible attempt at cauterizing the wound. Then there was a child who possessed a rather large bite mark on the left side of his face. Other people had less severe injuries, but they could not be seen for the darkness of the room.

1667841877139.pngRegula, Aria and everyone else within the building would feel the ground shake and hear heavy armor clanking as the enemy soldiers rushed by outside. They hurried down the street, unaware of what was going on inside the building. Their focus was on Michael. As the dozen soldiers rushed through the streets, they would fall into formation as the Blue Knight came into view.

The knights rushed forward without hesitation, raising their great swords as they cahrged Michael. Of the 12 soldiers, two advanced to attack first, both swinging their blades horizontally to attack him from opposite sides. The other soldiers formed a circle around the knight, their blades raised at Michael.

Michael's Blue Sight would reveal to him that the soldiers were a source of Fell Blight just as the beholder was, indicating that they too were not of this world. The Fell Soldiers were also lacking in sold form, much like the shadow mastiffs who had been roaming the city. They possessed a weakness to magic of all sorts, but especially to holy, divine, and light magic. His arcana knowledge made him aware of the soldiers' status as puppets, mindless minions of a higher being whom they could not persist without.

Commercial District

Finn's quick reaction saved Peng from being mauled by the ferocious beast and in using his holy magic he would eviscerate the shadow hound, leaving nothing behind and preventing it from reforming. The three remaining hounds stepped back a few paces, shocked by the enemy's ability, but now wise to his tricks. As the aura started to wind down one of the dogs raised its head and started to howl, letting out a a guttural call that echoed through the streets.

As Peng started to make his departure the civilians would follow behind as best they could, but the elderly woman was moving slower than the rest. They would make it to the edge of the district where Peng would see the familiar sight of Torrin sneaking into the city, but down a down a different street. As he approached the farmland he would be able to see that the tents he left standing, were now gone. He would be able to see the camp's host as a dark spot in the distance, moving south.

Finn and Rowan had managed to halt the hounds, but not scare them away. A shadow would be cast over the duo as Hera floated overhead. "The soldiers have changed course! They're coming this way!" She warned quickly. "I'll try to sta-." Before she could finish her suggestion, an arrow tore through her right wing and then a second hit her in her ribs. A short gasp left her lips before the scout plumetted from the sky, slamming to the ground in between Finn and the shadow dogs. The enemy soldiers could be heard as they raced down the street I. Search of Fin. And Rowan. They still had time to formulate a plan however.

Castle

Kristina had chosen wisely in her decision to avoid the enemy and press on. Her display of agility and nimbleness would be just enough to get her across the gap between houses as he foot landed just on the edge of the next rooftop. She smell of death was stronger again, but she was a focused on her task. Her acrobatics would be a great help in traveling the rooftops, especially the less stable ones that threatened to take her down with one lingering footstep. The smell of burning flesh in the air was enough to mask her scent from the canine's below and her swift movement carried her away from any site where she might have caused some noise.

Eventually she would find her way to the castle, an ancient marvel that now stood surrounded by enemy soldiers. The open window before her was her easy way in and the buttress her welcome mat. One more well time jump saw her across the distance from the roof top to the castle and into the window.

Right away the beastkin would feel colder and nauseous. But she would note the silence of the castle and the lack of people. In their place were vines of darkness that radiated a green glow and pulsed as if alive. servants lay scattered about, their bodies so mangled you could not count how many people had died or what their gender had even been.

Before Kritinia lay two clear paths; one across from her which seemed to enter the library. The room was in the same miserable sate as the rest of the castle and from first glances it did not seem that much could be gleamed from there. Bookcases were toppled over and instruments of magic were thrown about the floor. To her right lead to two large doors, likely the throne room. Her next choices could determine how her journey ends and whether or not she becomes another victim like those scattered at her feet.

Dante Verren Dante Verren conman2163 conman2163 eloise eloise Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong slifer37 slifer37 Orikanyo Orikanyo EMIYAman EMIYAman

Last edited:
Retili Loxinofican
Mentioned: eloise eloise Marcellus

The Zentail watched out of the corner of his eye the two brothers speaking some distance away. It seemed emotional somehow, but Retili didn't have time to analyze it as he worked to remove each of the . Retili looked back at Marcellus as he approached. The small figure pulled up a tent peg before nodding to the rest of the tent that he had taken to while he had been speaking to Torrin. "Help me pull this down first, we'll see what we can do after."

After taking down the tent Retili coasted through the camp assisting where he could. He wanted to be seen as a person assisting the camp and not as some veiled figure giving orders to the rest without taking up any of the work. It didn't take long thankfully before they were organized together. He was no great military mind so he figured that just putting people roughly in a column and marching off towards the hill would be fine for now. He was a little unnerved about leaving the guards so close to the column though. What if they were attacked and had to respond. Would they have enough time and leave enough room for the rest to escape? He held his tongue though. He figured that the guard captain would know better then he in this situation. As they walked he noted the lagging behind of the children. They clearly needed someone to corral the kids into a manageable group and herd them back. He turned to Marcellus. "Those kids at the back there, can you go group them up and keep them moving? We can't slow down and I won't leave them behind. I'd do it myself but... well they will probably respect someone a bit taller." As he finished he noticed a commotion to the side of the group and pushed his way through to the confrontation between the guard and the woman. He examined the pair critically for a moment before stepping beside the guard. "Stand down. We are here to help these people not threaten them." He motioned to one of the healers in the column to come forward to check them. He personally stepped forward to them. "Are either of you injured? We can't stay here long we have to keep moving to the our camp site." He pulled off his leather canteen and offered it to the woman.

Regula
Mentions: Aria RavenSong RavenSong

Regula couldn't help give a silent chuckle at Aria's concern for Michael. “It's Michael. Even before he filled up his body with mithril somehow, he was something not to be underestimated. I can only imagine how much more dangerous he is now. It wouldn't surprise me if he only got hit due to not wanting to even bother dodging.” Part of that was just to put Aria's mind of that at ease, but part of her actually believed that it was a true option.

As Regula noticed how dark it was, she had to let her eyes grow accustomed to it for a while. Soon enough, however, she started to make out what they'd gotten themselves into. She spotted the man holding a dagger and was about to tell him it as okay when he realised it himself and dropped the dagger. He had a lot of questions, which was probably a good sign, as it meant he was still in a clear enough state of mind to converse and think about their situation.

She'd make sure to whisper. “I'll explain things as best as I can, but you'll need to stay silent. The enemy is nearby.” She told him, making sure they knew the stakes. “We're from outside the city, here to help you evacuate. Our ally is currently distracting the enemy forces and we've cleared a way out through the sewers, but we'll have to be quick.” She checked the wounded. She wouldn't be able fix a missing arm, as she couldn't spot the missing limb itself anywhere nearby, but she'd be able to stop the bleeding at least. The others, she should be able to fix up. “Hold up.”

The fell blight kept her cloak from working to its fullest (B), but she knew that even its current output of [Safe Zone C] would do a lot for these people. From taking away basic aches, pains and superficial wounds all the way up to healing significant injuries like the bleeding spot from where the arm had been and fixing senses and broken bones. She fell just short of resurrecting the recently diseased at the moment, thanks to the fell blight liming her enchantments considerably. Having put up the healing aura, she'd quickly get to business, turning to Aria. “Can you scout ahead a little to ensure the route we took here is still clear of enemies? I'll try using my Tremorsense to keep track of any movements above, but those floating things are outside my visibility with it. I'll also try to help everyone move along whilst keeping all sounds muffled.”

She then turned to the young man. “Everyone should be able to move along now, though I'd like for you to help her down the ladder...” She nodded to the woman that was missing an arm. “... and to make sure that nobody falls behind. We're going to get you all out of here, but we'll need you to come along as quickly and silently as you all can.”

(I'm not sure if we're inside combat time or outside of it. I'll edit if stricter cooldowns apply.)
As they were starting to move, she'd use [Muffle C] as often as she could to help the group stay silent. She'd also try to keep track of enemy movements with [Tremorsense] C as best as she could. She knew the eye-like things would fall outside of them, but with some luck, there weren't any more of them nearby and she'd at least able to help them dodge the normal soldiers.

Gun
Muffle C – Magic Affinity B, Silencing Affinity B, Magic Range C, Magic Targets C – Muffles the sounds of 25 targets within 1000 feet (304 metres) of range - Grade B – 4 Post Cooldown.

Cloak
Safe Zone C – Magic Affinity C, Healing C, Energized C, Area of Effect D, Selective Magic D, Control Environment E, Magic Duration E - Character creates an area of 100 feet – 30.4 metres radius around them in which they lift bad environmental conditions and heal all allies, keeping it up for the duration of 1 hour. - Grade C – 2 Post Cooldown (Energized).

Boots
Tremorsense C - 1 mile radius – 1.6 kilometre - A creature with tremorsense is sensitive to vibrations in the ground and can automatically pinpoint the location of anything that is in contact with the ground. - Grade C – 3 Post Cooldown

Finnegan
1e817dfd6315f76ea3e1dc2019f5d64e.jpg
"...Ah.. What did I say..." Finn wasted little time, as the situation developed, he would rush on up ahead to cover the woman, he stepped abit past her, planting his blade tip first into the ground with a shake of the stone beneath, his fist clenched and grabbed hold of that strange power within and let the light glow softly, wherein he would lay a hand upon the wound on the woman's ribs... He was no perfect healer.. But.. he needed to buy her time... His other hand, whilst the healing was applied... Ripped out the arrow, the bleeding quickly staunched.

"Sorry, keep strong Ms. You are stronger than this, braver then most, don't give up." he spoke softly, keeping an eye on the mutts currently across the way... the arrow could cause complications if allowed to stay in, the healing would staunch the bleeding,

• Lay on hands- Healing D, Holy Affinity F, Upon the touch of a hand the target is healed by holy light of minor wounds, capable of prolonging a life, removing minor illnesses, can even return the faculties of a blind or deaf individual. D grade 2 post cooldown. (effective 3 hp healing)​

"I'm surprised you actually stayed Rowan, if your worried, you can bring back this one. I've no qualms with fighting alone... The others may had needed you more... But.. if you can keep this lady healthy, i'll be happy to have you." he clutched a glowing fist and thrusted a fist upon the guard of his blade, which rung out with a re-verbing sound of metal on metal. bringing his aura back and sparking to life once more.

• Rebuke - Fighting Style B, Aura D, Selective D, Holy affinity F, Magic F, Magic Duration F - Raising one's sword one's aura flares up with blinding holy light, searing foes around the user. 1 minute duration Grade F(1*) - 0 Post Cooldown
"They know I have their bane it seems. And they are afraid... With the curse and these things... We're definitely dealing with something demonic in origin. Didn't get a chance to scope it out before I got here.. But.. this is something definitely evil..." he spoke as he rose up to a defensive stance once more, taking his blade in hand once more.

"The enemy comes Rowan, you still have a chance to run I'll hold them back."

Actions: tldr
1. Move
2. Ability healing Hera
3. Ability Aura 1 minute duration

Cooldowns
F grade 0/0
D grade 0/2

Peng Deming
Interaction: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Peng moved with as much haste he could muster while still keeping in step with the civilians. It wasn't' long before he noticed the older woman was slowing them down. Knowing that they were only as fast as there slowest member, Peng urged the group to keep moving while going to the back and offering assistance to the older woman. Not only did he offer his own shoulder to help her walk, but raised his hand and casted a spell on both of them with a simple "Order 3, Touch of Speed". With his magic casted he continued forward only to find the camp had been moved. Luckily it's dark shape wasn't hard to find, but that would make it difficult. That wasn't the only thiong he saw either.

With a raised eyebrow he watched the disgraced advisor sneak into the city down a different path. His mind told him the right thing to do was to keep going with the civilians back to camp, but his gut told him that Thorne needed to be followed. Sometimes trusting your gut was the right thing to do. He turned to his companions and bowed in apology. "Forgive me but you must continue with out me. Keep going to the encampment on the hill there." He pointed towards the camp. "Tell them quartermaster Peng sent you back and has requested that reinforcements be sent into the farmland to form a checkpoint. If anyone gives you trouble ask to speak with scribe Retil. He will listen." With that he gave one more bow and turned away setting off to follow the former baron and find the source of whatever plan he was trying to put into place.

Ability used
Order 3: Touch of Speed: Magic E, Spell Duration F, Bolster Speed F: The user channels magic through their catalyst into their hand and touches a target. That target receives an increase of one letter grade to their speed. Spell duration 1 minute, Spell range touch, Grade E- 1 post cool down (0/1)

Abilities still on cool down
Order 5 :Words of Growing Strength: (1/2)
Order 6: Words of Growing Speed (1/2)

Konpaku.Youmu.600.2125213-2-2.jpg
“Hmm. Yes, i suppose you’re right.” She said to Regula in regards to the Blue Knights attributes. Making her way up towards the hatch, and putting to rest any hint of concern.

When Aria noticed the youth pointing a dagger at her, she raised a hand gesturing they meant no harm, but before she could speak to the youth he dropped his weapon and fell to the floor. Aria quickly, and quietly opened the hatch and entered the room making way for Regula. The sword maiden’s eyes quickly adjusted to the dimly lit room, examining and scanning the casualties, then noticing the wounded civlians. Her heart would break a bit at the sight of the child however, but kept herself composed. Should she save these people, her resolve would have to be as sharp as the edge of her blades.

As Regula began her healing ability, she added to Regulas report, whispering enough to be heard but not noticed by any outside the building, “There’s a camp thats been established outside the city on Count Linneus’s orders, citizens are to head there..” Her expression, deadpan as the youth asked about the noise earlier, picking up the dagger he dropped only moments before and placing it in his hand. “..there’s some kind of summoning circle that’s been opened, and it seems to be birthing strange.. abominations. You’d do well holding onto this weapon.”

Then Regula mentioned the next phase of her plan, by now it was evident they were likely improvising as they went along, especially now that the blue knight was not with them. She only hoped he’d distract the guards long enough to get these civilians back out to safety. “Very well, m’lady, i’ll double back into the sewers and scout ahead, ill head further towards the exit upon sight of the first to be brought down..” As Aria began to climb down the ladder, she gestured for Regula to come closer, as if to tell her something in private; she whispered, “That one over there, perhaps judging by his ornate attire might know something about what happened here, it’d be invaluable if we could press him into telling us anything he might know.” She’d glance at the young man, before making her way back down.

The rumbling of soldiers passing through could be felt on the moldy metal bars she grasped onto as she let herself into the underground waterways. Then once upon the surface she crouched and scouted ahead as planned.

Last edited:
Kristina
sample-af43d100a87ffa559172e3a91d403ab9.jpgTraversing the rooftops Kristina nimbly leapt over and over, just managing to avoid the poor structural integrity of the buildings. Finally reaching her destination she made one final jump. She was in the air just a bit too long for her liking, but she successfully clung to the castle's support. 'Phew, that wasn't so bad. Like climbing a tree.' Satisfied an old skill still had use she slinked through the window.

Upon crossing the threshold she immediately fell to one knee, her hand shooting up to her mouth as she tried to keep the contents of her bowels inside. She was fortunate on that front as she didn't hurl all over the floor, but a bit of spittle and dry heaving did ensue. 'That... that was much worse than before. At least I know I'm in the right place.' Wiping her mouth off with her glove she rose to her feet. The uncomfortable feeling that had overwhelmed her upon entering the city was easily two times worse within the castle. Her ears pointed straight up out of reflex as she once again found herself relying on them for reconnaissance. Yet for perhaps the first time upon entering the city she well and truly heard nothing, it was utterly silent.

Kristina's eyes quickly adjusted to the interior of the castle and with grim realization they narrowed as she beheld the room around her. Bodies littered the floor. She could scarcely tell how many were dead or who they were, so unrecognizable were their remains. They resembled what was left over of an airstrike; they barely looked like anything you could tell was once a person. Fortunately she had grown used to death, or unfortunately depending on who you asked, so she was able to tear her sight away and focus on the operation. 'Hate the smell...' She stalked through the castle avoiding the corpses and the bizarre "vines" which ran through the place like arteries. Kristina could see the path split with the dilapidated library visible from where she was, and it didn't seem like much. However, the throne room was just ahead of her she could tell as much from the large closed doors. She clutched her knife, she was beyond curious. Most likely whatever the Baroness had done to lead to the destruction of the city lay in there. Leaders loved to make displays in places like that. With this chill suffusing her bones though she didn't want to stay long, and she couldn't help but feel the Baroness was likely dead in all this. The image of the pile of corpses came to her mind, or worse.

She found herself at an impasse. She did want to go into the throne room and check it out, but she wasn't entirely sure of that decision. It could be dangerous, those dogs had been purely silent even at full sprint, whatever could be in there may be similar. 'Decisions, decisions. With only a likely chance of a grisly death...' Faced before indecision and the Fell Blight of the castle Kristina turned to the familiar. She reached into her jacket and once again pulled out her lighter and a carton of cigarettes'. Before she had died she had gone through about half her supply. Since coming here she'd been using it liberally, now she had about half of that half left. It was an issue to be sure, but for now she didn't worry about it. Putting one in her mouth in a practiced motion she flicked her lighter and let the flame light the tip of her cigarette. She drew on her favorite cancer stick, letting the comforting smoke fill her lungs and ease her mind. It was the last taste of home she had left, the only thing familiar in this unfamiliar place. 'Hm... what would Caspar say in this situation?' She considered it for a moment, then in a rare moment of animation she put on a wide smile and wagged her finger in the air changing the pitch of her voice sounding more aloof and almost childish. "K, you worry too much! Have a little fun for once, live a little, be spontaneous and do something super cool!" She let out a hearty laugh as she imitated her former boss, then she dropped her voice a couple octaves and all cheer vanished from her face, but a smile remained. "Just remember the goal, in this business profit is the cornerstone of it all. We can't have dreams if we can't afford them..." Her personal performance done, she drew on her cigarette once more, thinking. 'Not sure if that helped, but I think I get it Caspar...' She looked to the library then the throne room. Her gaze lingered on the throne room, before turning away and stalking towards the library hoping to learn something valuable.

Last edited:
Michael, Hero of Osun
Post Listenings:
Cooldowns: (keeping blue sight up for now) D 1/1
OOC: Michael's been agitated into hunting more fell soldiers and will be looking to do that now
TLDR: Intercepts the 2 swings on him with his own swords, spins out in an attempt to cutdown all the fell knights around him, fell soldiers remind him of vapormen and he immediately starts hunting.

u1UbBCf.jpg
Michael briefly considered leading the fell soldiers on a chase, but his Blue Sight made him willing to risk a more direct approach. He was fairly certain the one overseeing the rescue operation had told their group not to engage the enemy, but that ship seemed to have sailed.

Michael's mithril blades sang as they clinked against the fell weapons.

Then Michael considered perhaps he just didn't feel like running anymore. Why should he? Perhaps it time for those who got in his way to run.

Michael burned his first two actions to perform a combo ability where he combined his Spinning ability with a parkour ability. In this way, he could prerform a wide circle spinning slice like a top that spins in a circle as it spirals. Goal would be to Use his expanded range and extended movement for the round to defend himself from the original attackers but in doing so sweep up the rest of the knights in the circle. The parkour would assist in going over bodies or otherwise uneven terrain.

"naa..."

He said to himself, thinking better on the idea as a blue flash and surge of mana filled the area and radiated out from Michael's blades as he became a bladed cyclone. But then he remembered his eyes revealed these fell soldiers to be nothing but puppets of their master.

"LIke the vapormen..."

Michael mused, his experience at spinning keeping his brain from scrambling as he was a blur of motion to the knights. Whether he got them all or not, he would have stop spinning at the end of his turn, so he would end it with Blue Sight again just in case the conditions of the battle had changed. He also had a much keener interest in hunting down the Fell soldiers. On the bright side, he had gotten rid of most of the water and river sludge from earlier. It splattered the street now along with the ground and/or paving stones of the street being torn up from Michael's attack

ability stuff:
  • Parkour - Appraisal F, Fast F, Jumping F, Wall Bouncing F, Acrobatics F, Energize F - Is able to use appraisal to better perceive his surroundings and utilize his speed, jumping, and movement skills to perform extreme feats of traversing the environment in city and country - Grade F - 0 Post Cooldown
  • Enchanted Blender - Artisan(Enchanter) D, Ability Blender E (aoe F, penetrate F), Energize D - Lacing his blades with more mana fueled magic circuits, he enhances the base effects of the Blender ability to the next level. Stile ignores grade F defensive items and affects everything in a 5ft radius - Grade D - 1 post cooldown

Dante Verren Dante Verren

1668383365652.pngOnce properly inside the city, Torrin slowed down and moved cautiously through the streets, but he seemed to be searching for something rather than hiding from the threats in the city. The street they walked down was difficult to navigate for the path was hidden beneath mounds of ash and toppled structures. There didn't seem to be anyone alive on the street, a fact made too clear by the number of bodies that littered the destruction. He was oblivious to Peng's pursuit arrogant and careless. Eventually he would come to a stop at the entrance to an alleyway that was blocked bay debris. "Damn it..." The advisor swore. Then with a heavy sigh he rolled up his sleeves to reveal the markings upon his arms. "I'm coming sister." Suddenly a blue glow enveloped some of the debris, spreading over it like a blanket of magic. "Move damn it." Torrin strained as he attempted to manipulate the broken pieces of buildings and drag them out of the alleyway. One large piece became dislodged, but there were many others to remove as well.

Camp

conman2163 conman2163 eloise eloise
1668383242729.pngRetili was a savior to the woman and her sister as the guard had started to lose his patience and was close to seizing the woman and bringing her along as a suspect. However, before they could address the woman's needs several voices called out to the members of the camp. "Help!!" The people who Peng had abandoned were sprinting towards Retili and the camp members, exhausting themselves and still pushing pass their limits. Behind them were a pack of shadow mastiffs, slobbering as they chomped at the groups' heels. Less with no form of defense, the group could only run when the shadow creatures showed upon in the farmlands and they had nowhere else to go but the camp. The elderly woman was at the back of the group, being pulled by the little boy who refused to leave her behind, but she knew better. She was tired and starved, she would only slow the down. "Take him!" She demanded as she gave the boy a push that was so hard it threw her off balance.

The family that the two were running with glanced back to see the canines pounce upon the elderly woman. The mother wasted no time in scooping up the boy into her arms just as her husband had done with their daughter. Behind them the old woman cried out while she kicked and punched at the shadow monsters. "Please help us!!"

"What should we do, Master Loxinofican?" One of the guards asked. They were all volunteers, unsure what the right course of action was in a situation such as this one. The survivors of the camp began to panic, some even dropped the equipment that they were carrying. "We're going to die!" One voice declared as people started to gather around Retili, seeking safety in his authority.

Sewer

Elvario Elvario Novama Novama RavenSong RavenSong
1668383312430.pngHelp from outside the city. That news put a smile on the face of everyone present and while they wanted to rejoice, they kept their joy inside. Regula and Aria's confidence and strength gave the people their second wind. To know that they had not been forgotten about and that efforts were being made to rescue them was enough to restore their hope and energy. As per Aria's suggestion, the young man took up his dagger once more and nodded his head.

As Regula's healing magic performed near miracles on the people, they slowly started to rise to their feet, determined not to spend another minute in this hell hole. They gathered what remained of their private belongings and the finely dressed man explained the situation to the little boy who until Regula came along, wore an ugly scar upon his face. Then

As Aria ventured back into the sewers she would find the tunnels the same way that they had left them and quiet, with the exception of the fighting happening overhead. The first of the survivors started to descend the ladder and didn't hesitate to start moving behind Aria towards the exit. Then the young man climbed down last with the boy in his arms, then waited for and help the woman who was missing an arm. She made it down with only a slight misstep. "We thought the sewers would be too dangerous to use as an escape path." He explained as he gripped his dagger tighter in his left hand while holding the child on his right hip. The last thing they needed was for the boy to be washed away in the sewer filth.

Following behind Aria, the civilians crept through the tunnels quieter than church mice. The exit to the tunnel would be free of danger with most enemies focused elsewhere at the moment. Leaving Aria and Regula free to take their civilians back to camp.

Not far away, Michael had become a blue twister and his blades carved through the armor and bodies of the soldiers who had surrounded him. The armor and weapons clattered to the ground, noisy and disruptive as the bodies within seemed to vanish. Michael's combination of skills and techniques ensured that he slew all of his enemies and left none standing. He was victorious, but a city full of such foes still remained, and the situation was getting dicey for some of his allies. His Blue Sight would catch the movements of another unit heading towards the commercial district before the unit would leave his range.

Commercial District

Finn's healing capabilities would be enough to restore Hera to a conscious state and heal her wounds. She awoke with a cough, clutching her chest as she tried to catch her breath. Her eyes darted about to see Finn standing before the dogs, but they weren't there for long. Another use of his aura burnt away the canine creatures just as before. "Thank you Ser Knight." Hera said as she rose to her feet and smiled. She stretched her wings out and looked around. It was just the three of them it seemed.

1668383187817.png

Before anyone could take any other action the enemy showed up, taking the place of the canines Finn had just destroyed. A unit made up of archers and shielded swordsmen. They knocked their arrows and took aim upon the heroes. Without hesitation they fired into the alleyway a volley of arrows to turn them all to swiss cheese. But Hera would not allow that. With a beat of her mighty wings she summoned up a burst of wind that halted the bolts in place before they fell to the floor. "I won't leave you Ser Knight."

The swordsmen were unaffected however and fiver of them charged forward, packing into the alleyway and swinging their swords at Finn in a barrage of blades. (E Grade attack incoming.)

Castle

EMIYAman EMIYAman
Upon entering the library, Kristina would be greeted with a peculiar sight. Clothes were strewn about the room, but there were no bodies wearing them, only stains of dried blood where the bodies should have been. Bookcases were knocked over, leaning on one another and books were scattered about, some were even burnt. One such book, large and eerie in its black cover, was under a table and opened to a page that had an illustration on it and text on the other side was a long passage of text.

1668383005845.png

She would note an arcane circle drawn on the floor and on the ceiling in the center of the room, but it was now too faded to make out any of the marking. of all the things left undisturbed in the room, a single ring sat in the center of the arcane circle. Its beauty only matched by its value.

Attachments

• 1668383063400.png
    1668383063400.png
    220.6 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back