• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Yemaya City] An Interlude Pt. 1

Regula
Mentions: Michael Novama Novama

Regula was relieved to see her promise to get the woman's arm healed wasn't wasted, as Michael was willing and (likely) able to deliver. However, he sounded surprisingly serious when he spoke up next. “Okay?” She replied, clearly curious as to his sudden seriousness. The guy felt more like a Construct than a Human in this battle-form, now that Regula was experiencing it up close. She was a bit surprised when he mentioned not being able to keep going like this. “I did suggest trying to go after the main threat in the castle first, at one point...” She mumbled, but quickly realised that wasn't where Michael was going to go with this.

She raised an eyebrow at his plan. “The magic on my cloak should allow for resurrection, I've assured it's strong enough for that, at least to some degree, but I never managed to get it to work in practice thus far. I don't understand how we'd be able to prevent further casualties and resurrect the dead without even leaving this camp though...” As she thought it through, there were some things she could think off. “Do you have a way to stop the Fell from coming through?” That'd probably deal with their enemies without them having to move.

Last edited:
Finnegan
8f5f2c989ff4d8dea81c5f19579e812c.jpg
"...You want to know what happened..?" Finn took a moment to look at Retili, giving him an appraising look. "Soldiers in the town were still active in the area we went to, as by the tactician's orders earlier Hera took to the sky and drew off foes while we were extracting civilians from the surrounding buildings. Soon, we were set upon by hounds, they were made of dark vaporous smoke, but bit like any other hound. There was also a blight upon the city, reducing magical power within, mages would be less effective than proper blades but.. As I found out with the hounds, they still die all the same with a strong enough blow or application of Holy or such alligned magics, even when laid atop of a blade such as the way I fight."

he cleared his throat, giving a sigh.

"The hounds let the enemy squad know where we were, I stayed behind with another of our group, named Rowan to fight them. I had told the others to leave alongside Rowan.. But I suppous she made her own choice... the tactician took the civilians and left, and I did battle with the incoming forces.

thats when hera was shot down from the sky, luckily, I had healing arts, and was nearby, so i was able to bring her back to fighting form..."

He lets the last bit sink in, before continuing with his words.

"I had counter attacked upon the squad, my abilities are well capable of dealing with them enmass... But..." And he felt... troubled with his next words. "...A large magical blast had erupted from an ally of ours nearby, perhaps in his battle to destroy the enemy things got heated... The.. Collateral damage destroyed most the buildings it touched... We were able to save kids form a nearby building due to Rowan's wards, but...

There is still a great deal of work to be done... And... Survivors may be harder to get to... or... Less... in number.. due to it..." Finn's face shadowed now, his eyes closed. "...I do not know the reason for it, but tell your lord as such, what happened, and who did what... You.. can find out who yourself from the others... I'm... In need of air.." he quits the tent, exiting the way he came after his words... He... he felt sick...

conman2163 conman2163 Retili talked to.

Michael, Hero of Osun
Post Listenings:
Cooldowns: C 3/3, B 0/3
OOC:
Mentions: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Dante Verren Dante Verren Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong conman2163 conman2163
TLDR:

AWYffhb.jpg
Michael nodded to Regula's question. His hard gaze softening to a more confident and hopeful stare. It was unclear if Michael could blink his eyes in his alpha form.

"I believe I have a plan that will handle most of the Fell. The missing piece was the ability to restore life. I'll be calling in a favor from a friend and I think some others may be able to help as well. Time is of the essence and I intend to make an item that should prove useful to the rescue operation. I will comeback for you when it is ready. For now, I'll be looking for the appropriate place and supplies needed to craft the item. Perhaps in the city ruin?..."

Michael explained as softly has his morphed form would allow and then mused while looking in the general direction of the city as if the camp around them wasn't present.

ability stuff:
  • Battle Form Alpha (Lesser) - Magic Affinity D, Spell Duration E, Battle Form Alpha Transformation F Magic Area of Effect E, Appraisal C - C Grade - Character channels their mana into the shortsword and in turn the shortsword transforms the wielder into an embodiment of battle. Their armor, if they are wearing any, becomes one with their flesh along with their weapons. Their weapons become retractable versions attached to their forearms. Their senses are spread out over a 50ft radius area around them allowing for awareness and automatic appraisal scanning of anything in the area of a C grade or less. The form will last 1 day in rp at a time. Heighten awareness, abilities, and durability has made the user capable of handling masses of enemies with little increase in difficulty (always outnumbered) - Cooldown 3 posts

Regula
Mentions: Michael Novama Novama

“Between smithing, enchanting and bringing back the dead, I'll do what I can, but you've only gotten me more confused.” His plan was either very convoluted or it relied on some elements that she'd never before heard of. “I do have the tools I need to keep my gun maintained with me...” She said, before looking to the city as well. “The city is definitely big enough to have need of artisans, so their tools should still be around. You'll have to tell me a bit more though, so I know what I'm in for and how to prepare.” She said not knowing Aria's legs could blip out existence soon and that she might not be able to deliver, trying to plan ahead for whatever was going down with this somewhat ominous sounding plan of Michael's.

Retili Loxinofican
Mentions: RavenSong RavenSong Elvario Elvario Orikanyo Orikanyo

Retili scratched quickly as Finn began to speak. His pen continued to scratch away as the man told his tale with the suitable pauses. Occasionally he dipped his pen into the nearby ink to write some more, Retili was nodding his head as he worked to record the words of Finn. The moment Finn said "collateral damage" the pen stopped scratching and the scribe looked up slowly from his paper. He questioned quietly what sort of man could possibly be so foolish as to use a such a magical blast in an urban environment. At best it was negligence and at worst it was straight murder. The scribe put down his pen as Finn left the tent and he folded his head into his hands. This would no doubt heavily affect the mind of Linneus. If there was a way to spare him the knowledge he would, but Retili saw no other way. Whomever it was that did this would have to be taken to trial in the Count's court. He left the tent quickly and looked around. He found Regula easily. She was speaking with another but the moment there was a lull he jumped in. "Sir Regula was it? I have a disturbing account from one of the others in your party. They said there was a large magical blast that destroyed buildings inside the city during the rescue efforts. According to the knight the blast originated from one of the members of the party and may have trapped or killed citizens within the city. Do you know who caused that blast?" Retili was pointed blank and his words were intense. His tone conveyed that he was upset at the very least, and for those more perceptive that he was angry.

Michael, Hero of Osun
Post Listenings:
Cooldowns: C 3/3
OOC:
Mentions: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Dante Verren Dante Verren Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong conman2163 conman2163
TLDR:

AWYffhb.jpg
Michael refrained from speaking after Retili approached. Michael didn't feel it would be prudent to divulge anymore of his plans in the presence of the scribe on the off chance it proved an obstacle later. His face, interwoven with inorganics, would not betray his shaky thoughts nor the dead that kept overlaying the real world to haunt his mind. In the event their chat ran long, Michael excused himself from Regula and Retili,

"I'm going to get what we need. I'll be back later,"

It wasn't clear to Michael at the time whether or not that would be true. Aside from more dramatic developments, it wasn't clear if he would find the mithril he needed to complete the item he had in mind. He would not need much, but even that little bit may prove difficult to track down in a ruin.

He would wave goodbye and step away. His eyes flared blue as he intended to rely on his special vision to help track down the special magical metal.

He would start his trek back to the city. Time was ticking.

ability stuff:
  • Battle Form Alpha (Lesser) - Magic Affinity D, Spell Duration E, Battle Form Alpha Transformation F Magic Area of Effect E, Appraisal C - C Grade - Character channels their mana into the shortsword and in turn the shortsword transforms the wielder into an embodiment of battle. Their armor, if they are wearing any, becomes one with their flesh along with their weapons. Their weapons become retractable versions attached to their forearms. Their senses are spread out over a 50ft radius area around them allowing for awareness and automatic appraisal scanning of anything in the area of a C grade or less. The form will last 1 day in rp at a time. Heighten awareness, abilities, and durability has made the user capable of handling masses of enemies with little increase in difficulty (always outnumbered) - Cooldown 3 posts

Kristina
Mentions: Orikanyo Orikanyo LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Novama Novama
sample-6fd9cd421f932b4d1384d5098cfb5818.jpgSurprisingly enough Kristina's journey to head back to the city outskirts was far less treacherous than it took to get to the castle. To decrease the chance of any unwanted surprises she stuck to her original route, leaping from roof to roof and travelling on the street level as sparsely as possible. Now that she was outside the castle she could see the devastation wrought on the already beaten city. Just about an entire district had been razed to the ground. Kristina had already thought the city a ruin but somehow it had gotten even worse. Fortunately for her it had led the creatures patrolling the city away. The shadow dogs, soldiers, and corpse pile burners were all but gone. Drawn elsewhere likely to the epicenter of what remained of the commercial district.

As she peered around a corner while slipping through an alleyway Kristina thought back to what she had heard. The flapping of something moving through the air, and an inhuman roar undercut by one that was all too human. She didn't know what that had been about, or how it was connected to the things she had found in the library. The city and what had happened here was still a mystery she could do was make educated guesses but she couldn't be sure how close they were to the truth. Nor would it resolve anything. She let her gaze turn back as she stood upon another roof seeing the castle get smaller as she made distance but it still loomed over her despite it. It was quiet this side of the city at least, sure she had encountered the odd dog or two but nothing to worry about. And the castle was still there, no monster or demon had suddenly broke through the roof or made much of a peep beyond what she had heard on the inside. She ran her hand through her hair, 'Its gonna get dark at this rate though this body can see even at night I'd rather get back to camp before then. Wonder if boy scout made it back?' Tearing her gaze from the castle she continued her escape by the time she had reached the south gate she was barely winded. The ears and tail certainly came with perks.

Crossing the boundary of the city Kristina let out a breath she didn't know she was holding as the Fell Blight faded from her. She had felt its presence lessen when she left the castle, but now it was like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders. Things just felt... better. With that welcome change she swapped her "work" clothes out for the set she had worn as a merchant. For now she wanted to keep up appearances, operating overtly could lead to some unwanted eyes upon her. In such an unknown situation with little to her name she needed every advantage she could get, even if it was just a layer of anonymity. With the help of her enhanced speed comparable to Olympic runners she managed to reach the camp in record time. Kristina made sure to double around to appear from a route that didn't seem like she just came from the city but upon walking towards the quartermasters tent she was surprised to see the adventurers who had also gone into the city. 'I wanted to get back before they did. I wonder why they came back, the situation isn't resolved if anything its probably gonna get worse.' She eyed them idly staring particularly at a man in blue armor, Michael. Her gaze lingered. 'He's dressed a bit different but its definitely that tattooed guy I saw before...' She remembered the devastation of the commercial district, and the lingering magic which hung upon the air in blue spirals. 'Was he somehow involved in that?' Kristina watched him for a bit longer as he conversed with Regula her ears picked up the latter end of the conversation but it didn't offer too much clear insight.

Leaving it be she was about to enter the quartermasters tent before a familiar blond haired young man stepped out. He seemed distracted as the Knight Finn almost ran into her. Her eyes narrowed slightly giving him a once over, atop her head her ears twitched [Lupas Instinct]. Something was eating at him that was obvious enough. The previously vibrant light of the young'un had grown dim. Whatever had happened in the city had got to him. Kristina had seen a similar look in the past, and she hadn't liked it then. Inevitable as that sort of thing is. In this world and hers. "Where are you headed too in such a hurry boy scout? Glad you made it back in one piece, guess that means your stint in the city is over then?" Kristina did her best to come off as affable as possible, though it wasn't hard she genuinely liked the kid. A part of her told her this wasn't necessary that securing a way to get an audience with the count and expand her influence was far more pressing, and it likely was. But she ignored it. She awkwardly coughed into her fist appearing sheepish. "I... can tell something happened out there, its written all over your face. Do you wanna talk about it? I'll listen, knowing men like you you'll bottle it up and not really talk to anybody about it." She tried to inject some levity into the conversation hoping to bring Finn out of his funk with a bit of teasing. Kristina considers what to do. Her old team mates would sometimes refer to her as a "cold bitch" behind her back. She didn't mind it much as she knew she had their respect and besides, it was was kinda true. So she was out of practice by a long shot with the whole cheering people up thing. Unbidden a memory resurfaces of her first encounter with the knight, it was an idea that may work but... "And, if you do. I'll uh, let you touch my tail. If it makes you feel better." As if to bring attention to itself the said tail flicked out from behind her into Finns view. Kristina was a hardened woman, she had seen her fair share of death and battlefields in her time and had travelled all over her world with Casper. Yet here she was a tinge of pink coloring her cheeks for the first time in god knows how long trying to improve the mood of a fantasy knight likely ten years her junior. 'Christ was I always such a bleeding heart? If any of the old gang saw this I'd have to shoot myself.' Kristina for now decided to deal with Finn as best she could, but she'd go see about meeting with the count about what she had found afterwards.

• Lupas Instinct - Heightened Sense [Hearing] F, Insight F - Using a combination of her developed "sense" for a person through her life as a Bodyguard always on the hunt for trouble. And her enhanced sense of hearing she gets a read on a person through their body language and the rhythm of their heartbeat. - Grade F - 0 Post Cooldown

Last edited:
Regula
Mentions: Michael Novama Novama | Retili conman2163 conman2163

She was still confused when Michael rushed off to go 'get what they needed' without even saying what it was that they needed. The dude really sucked at communicating. She'd at least have been on the look-out for him if he'd told her what in the world they were trying to do here. Worse, however, he left her to deal with the frustrated looking scribe. “Yes.” She didn't quite feel the 'Sir' was fitting Queen or Empress would be better, preferring a 'ma'am' or something, yet she figured she'd go along with it. As for what he told her, she was confused. “That is concerning news. I evacuated refugees with Aria through the sewers, so we spent most of our time underground. I've got no clue what happened above ground, other than that Michael was causing a distraction fighting Fell knights to buy us so time. If anyone would know...” 'it'd be him' would've finished that sentence, but Regula connected the dots mid-sentence. It'd explain why Michael was acting fairly strange and mysterious... still, the blue knight going haywire wasn't something she'd like to assume happened just like that.

Aria's inquisitive nature would pay off and reveal something rather important. "I am Eyrn Forrestor and I am...was, the advisor to Lady Thorne." The young man announced. He was not going to say anymore, but then Regula chimed in as well. "I am not a noble and I don't know what happened exactly." A look of shame grew more and more prevalent upon the young man's face.

"The Baroness had been growing more and more distant with everyone over the past month. She was short with all and her presence was very different from that of what a noble should be. She seemed almost absent in all things." He cleared his throat as the days leading up to the tragedy played back in his mind. "Then slowly she started to have people removed from the castle. First it was the guests, then it was he servants. Even myself and other advisors who remained were still treated as if we were invisible and at that point we were only there to be background noise. Eventually were too were dismissed and the last thing I saw happen was that a courier had come with a parcel for her, but I could not say what it was. Then once everyone was out of the castle she had the city guard keep them out, only several servants were permitted to return and we assumed it was because the castle was becoming unsightly."

Eyrn's expression darkened as dread seeped back into the man's heart and mind. "Then days later the explosion happened. Green fire washed over the city and those monsters and soldiers emerged from the castle." He shook his head to dispel the horrid, vivid images from his mind.

Regula's healing cloak would heal the wounded guards, raise those that had fallen, and even raise the elderly woman who had been mauled. She had successfully given several people a second chance at life. When Michael arrived, Isabella approached him and bowed her head in thanks for all that the man had done on her behalf as well as for the people of the city. But as he arm regrew and the nerves and bones were restored, her eyes filled with tears. "Thank you brave knights for this gift." She said softly.

It took no time for the newly refreshed survivors to establish the camp once more and soon every tent had been raised and the guards were back to patrolling the perimeter. The sky over the region darkened, seeming to reflect the mood of many down below and before you knew it, it was raining. The first downpour the city had seen since the chaos had unfolded and it doused the fires within the city, new and old.

AFTERMATH

The city had seen better days, perhaps even prior to the arrival of the Relief Effort, but regardless of the incidents which occurred they did manage to save lives as well as decrease the numbers of the enemy's forces. While heavy hearts burdened everyone, there was some hope to be found in the fact that the Knights had not left yet. Eventually Hera, the winged scout would return to the camp, descending with her golden wings like a ray of sunshine in the gloomy rain. But she did not come alone.

Eager to do her part to prevent more loss of life, the young aerial returned to camp with dozens of survivors. They were badly wounded and some starved for nutrition, but they were alive and happy to be outside the city's shattered walls. After seeing her rescuees to the camp her first priority was to report in detail everything that she had seen. She left nothing out when describing Michael's betrayal and brazen carelessness, but explained that his actions drew most of the enemy soldiers from the rest of the city to investigate and retaliate against the blue knight and how she did not see their numbers replenish. That permitted her a small window of opportunity to guide some people from their shelters to the camp.

As the sun set on the county the camp would hear the pounding of horses hooves approaching. Retili's messengers had returned with a response from Linneus.

"Dear Retili,

Thank you for traveling with Peng and the rest of the Relief Effort. I hope the Knights of Sol were a boon to the cause. I will be marching upon the city soon to finish the good work you all have started. I cannot wait to put an end to this dark story. I hear grim and grosteque things from survivors who arrive to Morbella every hour. I pray Leilosis' light keeps you all safe.

Sincerely Count Linneus Light"

(Thank you everyone for joining this long rp!! I enjoyed every minute of narrating and reading every post!)

conman2163 conman2163 Dante Verren Dante Verren Orikanyo Orikanyo slifer37 slifer37 eloise eloise Novama Novama RavenSong RavenSong Elvario Elvario EMIYAman EMIYAman

Isekai Hell RP Grade

conman2163 conman2163 Dante Verren Dante Verren Orikanyo Orikanyo slifer37 slifer37 eloise eloise RavenSong RavenSong Elvario Elvario EMIYAman EMIYAman LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

The county of light has another chapter in the books. One of a few corners of the world that's really getting fleshed out. Too bad all these bad things seem to keep happening. Turned into another opportunity to leverage and grow the Order. Begs the question which is a higher priority these days for the LInneus character. A few of the characters under linneus go the opportunity to flex their standing some. Shows a nice evolving structure of character relationships. The circumstances of the rp does make me question if some were doomed to fail to some degree in their mission from the start. Combat was a bit wierd. While it was understood that the exacts of things were gonna be loosened up a bit for easier narration, there were some folks using weapons that they don't have the stats to wield, much less kill something with. If you do not have the stats to use an item, assume that item is useless to you in combat. (like melee weapons and H strength) Everyone should also be wary of using skills to do things the skills do not say they can do. Some cases will work better than others in World rps.

Aftermath
Little time is allowed to pass since the end of this rp. Other than LInneus suddenly arriving in camp with his men, situations have yet to fully develop beyond what has already taken place. An evil yet remains in the city of Yemaya and thousands of citizens remain unaccounted for, but the refugee camp now has growing strength of arms and supplies to build morale of the survivors and the first rescuers on scene. The fate of all and Yemaya still hangs in the balance.

Rewards

LadyOfStars - 30 points (narration bonus included)

Retili - 39 points
  • optional title acquired [Reporter] - character's displayed curiosity and initiative in trying to get to the truth in what is going on. Character will be able to pick up on a scoop more easily. More likely to be accused of Fake News at the same time.
Peng - 43 points
  • optional title acquired [Strategist] - character took on the role of coming up with a plan and leading others on a mission. For better for or for worse, it was their plan that was followed. Character is more likely to receive respect and attention for their thoughts on such matters in the future. For better or worse, character will be held responsible for the actions of those that follow their plans.
Finn - 33 points
  • optional title acquired [Traumatized] - character has experienced some trauma. Regardless how little or great, the character will have memories of their experiences haunt them for a long time after. Character will never be able to be the same again. The world will appear to be a darker and more dangerous place than first perceived. In some cases, it may protect the character from naivety. In others, it may hold the character back.
Rowan - 20 points
  • optional title acquired [Barrier] - Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier Barrier.
Aria - 42 points
  • optional title acquired [Knight of the Order] - character has been inducted into a lesser known order of knights that pledges itself to serving people in need above any worldly reward or loyalty.
Regula - 60 points
  • optional title acquired [Knight of the Order] - character has been inducted into a lesser known order of knights that pledges itself to serving people in need above any worldly reward or loyalty.
Kristina - 60 points
  • optional title acquired [Loner] - character excels at handling their mental state and social needs over extended periods of isolation. Will not easily crumble at the prospect of going at something alone.
  • Asset acquired - Fell Grimoire - a dark codex of fell entities and spells. connected to and influenced by the Fell Plane.
  • Asset acquired - Ring of Thornes - a tainted item once owned by baroness Throne to perform fell magic. connected to and influenced by the Fell Plane.
Michael - 60 points

• Mandatory Title acquired [Murderer D] - Character has killed at least one other. The higher the grade the more likely the character is to be hunted or trigger world rp. Title must be equipped at all times and cannot be removed unless paid off in some way. Character is no longer welcome in cities or towns that appraise arrivals. Character is barred from faction membership in all but illegal factions/organizations.

• Mandatory Title acquired [Vandal D] - character committed willful destruction of property belonging to "innocents". Character is now a criminal until slain or redeemed.

Partial Participant

Marcellus - 27 points

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back