• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Ironacre City: Guilty by Association - OOC (Closed)

Alright. I will now ask you a few questions on the Rp and whatnot.
  1. On a scale of 1 to 10, how realistic is this rp?
  2. How common are powers? On a scale of 1 to 10 as well, with 1 being 1 in a million, and 10 being everyone.
  3. What kind of atmosphere does the city have? Do you have a real life one you could give as an example perhaps?
  4. The place is home to lots of crime as you've written. Does the city contain lots of drug operations as well?
  5. Is there a certain type of character you would like me to play? Like an archetype for me to fill or something. Right now I have a few ideas and I am indecisive as hell so it would be nice if you told me what fits in the best. And since there are powers, I also wanna ask if I could have a power for my guy to fit their theme. E.g. cleaner guy would have heightened awareness/perception. I've written them out from what I would prefer the most to the least:
    1. I could make a guy who is basically a jack of all trades kinda person. He can be called to clean up a crime scene, kill some people, do some investigation and etc. He's not the best at anything but he can be called to take care of most things for the right price. This could be someone Sebastian worked for a long time with, or started to use the services of recently. He could even be a lot closer to Sebastian and could be a part of his business, depending on your idea of co-worker.
    2. The next idea I have is a guy who is a bit young and is relatively new to the whole crime thing. He could be one of the lower level guys or some sort of manager. He wouldn't be the muscle but more like the brains, managing people, doing counts of the money, making plans and etc. Like a manager for one of the branches of the business.
    3. Another one would be like a scientist working with the viruses or something. This is my least baked idea but one I will be able to play as I do have a sciency background in rl.
    4. My last idea is a leader of a different business that Sebastian's works with. It would be smaller than his but would be useful nonetheless. Maybe a provider of certain things, transporter, a drug lord(not too sure about this one), anything really. He would be the most distant from the ideas in my opinion as he would only make brief appearances
  6. And the final, most important question of all. What is your favourite Shrek movie?
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Last edited:
Hope my first hero-esc post was alright! I’m planing on his name, Limelight to not be self-given. Since he makes green forcefields, and doesn’t mind a crowd, I think it suits him! And hopefully the media *cough Lucy* noticed.

Chimney Swift Chimney Swift

Hope my first hero-esc post was alright! I’m planing on his name, Limelight to not be self-given. Since he makes green forcefields, and doesn’t mind a crowd, I think it suits him! And hopefully the media *cough Lucy* noticed.

Chimney Swift Chimney Swift

I see where you're going with this. ;)
Getting a post up for Michael just to establish where he is, and give everyone a chance tonreact to what's going on downtown. Once everyone's had their fun with that, I'll have Lucy move things along a bit.

1. With the exception of super-powers? Maybe 8? Realistic if super-powers were real.
  2. I'd say it looks like New York. Atmosphere, perhaps the Daredevil Netflix series crossed with the Heroes TV show?
  3. I imagine there would be drugs like any city, but it's not really something I've thought about.
  4. I'm open to the kind of character you want to play. It all builds the universe for us. As far as Sebastian's pharmaceutical company goes, everything seems above board and legitimate. It's only the select few higher-up scientists who would know about the man-made viruses of the past(and present) and would treat it as confidential. Most of what's corrupt is Sebastian himself, which he keeps under wraps. So whilst you said #3 is your least baked idea, it probably fits in the most?
  5. I've only seen the first!

Phew. There is still hope. Anyways, I was thinking of a character to make for the first idea but then once you told me of how the scientist kinda guy would fit, I got an idea for him too. I guess I'lll just decide later as I don't have time for the cs now. You can expect it within a day or two.

Alright. So here is my idea for the cleaner guy. Just give me your thoughts on him and let me know if you would like me to change something. Now I know that the backstory is a bit cliche but it is all I could come up with now. I still am interested in the scientist character so later on, either today or tomorrow, I do wanna make the his cs as well and you can tell me what works best.

What do you mean by "cleaner" guy?
Hes a guy who the criminals call to basically clean up after them, whether it is cleaning up a crime scene of dead bodies, fingertips etc. He also does assassinations, tracking and whatnot. He is not the best at anything but he is just someone to get it done.

An issue for me is that the Shadow wouldn't employee anyone in that sense. He would just go ahead and cause chaos/harm on his own. I was thinking more of an employee at the pharmaceuticals company.

It hard though, as I like the character!

An issue for me is that the Shadow wouldn't employee anyone in that sense. He would just go ahead and cause chaos/harm on his own. I was thinking more of an employee at the pharmaceuticals company.

It hard though, as I like the character!
I was thinking that he would be useful if Sebastian did not want to be tracked after some chaos, wanted a certain piece of information, wanted some specific person dead or located, or anything that might need outside help pretty much. I've kinda made his scope in terms of the things he does so broad that there surely is a way he could be useful. But then again, I'll make my scientist guy later on and you can decide.

One question though. What kind of scientist would you be more interested in seeing? Would you like a cold blooded, feelingless scientist who is just in it for the money? Or a mad scientist who loves working on destructive diseases and is obsessed with his work, thinking that it is a form of art. I could also make a morally conflicted one if there needs to be.

Yeah, I'll have to have a think and decide. I don't want to accept a character if I'm going to have trouble integrating them, as that will be no fun for either of us!

The cold-blooded scientist could work, someone who is happy to create these viruses. A morally conflicted one also works!

I'm really sorry everyone, but I've been thinking and I'm not going to be able to make this RP work. Sorry for wasting your time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back